Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 105
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    3,202
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ABC apologizes for Hindu terror plot in Quantico after online backlash

    MUMBAI (Reuters) - U.S. television studio ABC has apologies to Indian fans of its crime drama Quantico after an episode featuring Indian nationalists trying to frame Pakistan in a terrorist plot sparked online outrage against Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra, who plays a lead role in the show.

    The episode has stirred a lot of emotion, much of which is unfairly aimed at Priyanka Chopra, who didnt create the show, nor does she write or direct it, said Walt Disney-owned ABC in its statement.

    Chopra, 35, is a revered Bollywood star in India, admired for her ability to cross over and achieve success in Hollywood, which has been rare for Indian actors.

    After the recent Quantico episode, Chopra has faced online attacks at home, and even some calls to boycott her work and the brands that she endorses, including South Korean giant Samsung Electronics Co.

    Others called on the government to black out the scene where Chopra, who stars as an FBI agent in the series, holds up sacred Hindu prayer beads as evidence that the plotter in the episode, planning to detonate a nuclear bomb in New York, was an Indian nationalist.

    The myth of Hindu terror, by a fake story, enters American television with the help of Priyanka Chopra. Would any Pakistani actress betray Pakistan or Islam the way she betrays India and Hinduism?, David Frawley, a Hindu scholar based in the United States, tweeted.

    ABC, in its statement, said Chopra has no involvement in the storylines depicted in the series.

    The show has featured antagonists of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, but in this case we inadvertently and regrettably stepped into a complex political issue. It was certainly not our intention to offend anyone, ABC said in a statement on Friday.

    Movies and popular culture have been under attack from Hindu nationalists in India in the recent years. Earlier this year, a fringe outfit held violent protests here and threatened actors over the release of Bollywood film "Padmaavat", which showed a Muslim ruler pursuing a Hindu queen. In 2016, online retail company Snapdeal was forced to drop actor Aamir Khan as its ambassador after backlash over his comments on intolerance in India.

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1J41MD


    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,860
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    lol Indians

    easiest group in the world to rile...


    #MPGA

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    The Griffins ....

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    3,202
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    lol Indians

    easiest group in the world to rile...
    I still remember in Iron Man 1 the Taliban of Afghanistan shown in the movies used Urdu as language instead of Pashto or any other other language but the issue was never raised even the actor acting as Taliban leader was Pakistani.


    TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,079
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    This is a one more example . In india under bjp ,its more of a national and anti national environment comparing to religions and all. Poster showing send priyanka to pakistan as well loll.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,666
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another example or the rise of intolerance in the subcontinent and especially Asia.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,079
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Another example or the rise of intolerance in the subcontinent and especially Asia.
    Intolerence how ? Expressing opinions comes under democracy and freedom.
    People didnt like it and expressed it , nobody did harm to anyone. Intolerance doent mean that whoever does not agree with you are intolerants.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic patriotic nation getting triggered due to inherited insecurities.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,800
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Intolerence how ? Expressing opinions comes under democracy and freedom.
    People didnt like it and expressed it , nobody did harm to anyone. Intolerance doent mean that whoever does not agree with you are intolerants.
    There is a difference between expressing your discontent and disapproval over an issue and outright bullying.

    Indians like to get together and bully those they don't agree with. Especially on social media, it seems to be the second national sport after cricket to gang up and spread all kind of vile messages. Be it that female tennis star who didn't know who or what Tendulkar was and now this Indian actor who was doing her job, acting.

    Burning images of her, calling her a traitor and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is the very definition of intolerant behavior. Not less intolerant than the religious fanatics who burn flags of other countries. In fact I would feel far more terrified when my own image was being publicly burnt by an angry crowd than the flag of my country being burnt since the former is far more personal.

    No one apologies to someone just because the other party expressed disagreement. There has to be a huge amount of over the top reactions involved.

    The general Indian public does take itself too seriously and suffers from napoleon syndrom. I have observed it far too often to chalk it down as coincidence.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,079
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    There is a difference between expressing your discontent and disapproval over an issue and outright bullying.

    Indians like to get together and bully those they don't agree with. Especially on social media, it seems to be the second national sport after cricket to gang up and spread all kind of vile messages. Be it that female tennis star who didn't know who or what Tendulkar was and now this Indian actor who was doing her job, acting.

    Burning images of her, calling her a traitor and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is the very definition of intolerant behavior. Not less intolerant than the religious fanatics who burn flags of other countries. In fact I would feel far more terrified when my own image was being publicly burnt by an angry crowd than the flag of my country being burnt since the former is far more personal.

    No one apologies to someone just because the other party expressed disagreement. There has to be a huge amount of over the top reactions involved.

    The general Indian public does take itself too seriously and suffers from napoleon syndrom. I have observed it far too often to chalk it down as coincidence.
    Yes we are so what ? We are quite insecure people .....but intolerance is something else for us ..that's for sure....we are quite intolerant to anti nationals or whoever goes against our nation ....especially on social media..

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    56
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sad nation where its own citizens are called traitors for the simplest things. Thank god we were born in pakistan.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,800
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Yes we are so what ? We are quite insecure people .....but intolerance is something else for us ..that's for sure....we are quite intolerant to anti nationals or whoever goes against our nation ....especially on social media..
    Just admit to things as they are like you just admitted in this post instead of hiding behind long excuses. In your earlier reply on this topic you were trying to sell off the idea as if intolerance on this issue was out of question and it is just some people expressing their disagreement.

    At least now you are being honest and that's something I can appreciate. It is another thing that you might not see this type of behavior problematic but rather something to take pride in.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    458
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insecure nation getting triggered by a plot thats too close to the reality.
    All this talk of soft power and then this, ooofff.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,009
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Was Pakistan ever issued an apology for Homeland?

    I remember Islamabad was shown like some random village out in the middle of nowhere.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    32,344
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mr. Jinnah


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani and muslims in general are shown in a terrible light in the media.

    One hindu is shown as a terrorist, and start the crocodile tears.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,161
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm ABC second thing in a month, watch for more propaganda against India on ABC clearly its nearing the same bias as NY and Guardian.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,477
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Snowflakes.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,668
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    There is a difference between expressing your discontent and disapproval over an issue and outright bullying.

    Indians like to get together and bully those they don't agree with. Especially on social media, it seems to be the second national sport after cricket to gang up and spread all kind of vile messages. Be it that female tennis star who didn't know who or what Tendulkar was and now this Indian actor who was doing her job, acting.

    Burning images of her, calling her a traitor and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is the very definition of intolerant behavior. Not less intolerant than the religious fanatics who burn flags of other countries. In fact I would feel far more terrified when my own image was being publicly burnt by an angry crowd than the flag of my country being burnt since the former is far more personal.

    No one apologies to someone just because the other party expressed disagreement. There has to be a huge amount of over the top reactions involved.

    The general Indian public does take itself too seriously and suffers from napoleon syndrom. I have observed it far too often to chalk it down as coincidence.


    Indians are 1.3bill and now internet is easily available to most people so we have taken over social media.. Internet has given Indians a way to express themselves with anonymity and we are best at venting out frustration and anger or even troll online.. This will continue to happen now so better accept social media will be ruled by Indians for some time to come..

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Snowflakes.
    Why are Indians so quick to outrage these days?

    I thought Pakistanis were bad, but Indians are taking it to a whole different level.

    Slumdog millionaire upset indians.

    Coldplay's music video upset indians.

    Padmavat upset indians.

    Amazon selling a doormat upset indians.

    etc... many other examples.

    Credit to Pakistan, shown as villians in every other Bollywood movie, they just ban it and move on. Obviously religious stuff is a more sensitive topic for Pakistanis though.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,344
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The jealous jasmines and the petty petunias are upset that american corporations are bowing before us Indians, at a slight lift of our eyebrows. This is Modi's India, The resurgent India, The New Age Assertive, Proud and Confident India. Don't be jealous because we are so fabulous!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So whats wrong in protesting? People from all countries protest when their motherland is shown in bad light.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Insecure nation getting triggered by a plot thats too close to the reality.
    All this talk of soft power and then this, ooofff.
    Insecure nation? Wow, is that coming from a Pakistani? Pakistanis are worse. Not that they should be our benchmark.
    Check Swara Bhaskars Instagram or Facebook. Shes been getting abused day and night for her harmless statement related to Pakistan.
    Shes not even a mini celeb here but Pakistanis have taken her statement to heart. Swara Bhaskars statement - come on.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Was Pakistan ever issued an apology for Homeland?

    I remember Islamabad was shown like some random village out in the middle of nowhere.
    So because Pakistanis didnot protest ir accepted the portryal, Indians too should do that? Why?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    7,902
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always liked Priyanka and that bloated upper lip despite not watching a single movie of hers or even this so-called show in question. Now I like her even more and hope this show gets another season. India's reaction as expected is over the top and ridiculous however expected of a country where people are killed and actors and director get death threats about the supposed plot of a historical/mythical movie. They may have become a global power but their society is yet to advance out of the 16th century. Though must say that India's global impact is undeniable as ABC network had to apologize about this "fictional plot twist", something they would have never done if Pakistan was on the wrong end of the stick. So yes India, your one billion population of consumers is a major factor in how you are being treated by the world but just know that real respect comes from being an open and democratic nation with freedom of speech and thought and not by whining and bullying others into it.


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    22,622
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewarrior View Post
    I don't get the connection with Pakistan. Is Pakistan like some sort of general purgatory area where angry Indians believe everyone should be banished if they displease the nation?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,477
    Mentioned
    856 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I don't get the connection with Pakistan. Is Pakistan like some sort of general purgatory area where angry Indians believe everyone should be banished if they displease the nation?
    Haha yes.

    It's the national version of "Go to your room".

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    121
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Insecure nation? Wow, is that coming from a Pakistani? Pakistanis are worse. Not that they should be our benchmark.
    Check Swara Bhaskars Instagram or Facebook. Shes been getting abused day and night for her harmless statement related to Pakistan.
    Shes not even a mini celeb here but Pakistanis have taken her statement to heart. Swara Bhaskars statement - come on.
    Wasn't the same actress being attacked/deemed anti national by the Indian trolls a little while ago because she spoke against rape? On twitter she got a lot of reaction from Indians considering that she isn't even a mini celeb.

    While Pakistani trolls reason for attacking her is weak, she was attacked by some indian trolls for speaking against rape, thats just insane.
    Last edited by El Generico; 10th June 2018 at 08:30.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,009
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So because Pakistanis didnot protest ir accepted the portryal, Indians too should do that? Why?
    Because it's a TV series and not a big deal.

    It's one thing if they portrayed Hindu Gods negatively or made racist remarks but this is more of a fictional storyline that shouldn't be taken so seriously.

    I mean the Russians were portrayed as goons throughout the 80s and 90s with absolutely absurd takes on their culture. Or what about the Italians as mobsters? Or continuous negative portrayal of multiple Islamic nations?


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    Always liked Priyanka and that bloated upper lip despite not watching a single movie of hers or even this so-called show in question. Now I like her even more and hope this show gets another season. India's reaction as expected is over the top and ridiculous however expected of a country where people are killed and actors and director get death threats about the supposed plot of a historical/mythical movie. They may have become a global power but their society is yet to advance out of the 16th century. Though must say that India's global impact is undeniable as ABC network had to apologize about this "fictional plot twist", something they would have never done if Pakistan was on the wrong end of the stick. So yes India, your one billion population of consumers is a major factor in how you are being treated by the world but just know that real respect comes from being an open and democratic nation with freedom of speech and thought and not by whining and bullying others into it.
    Why should anyone or any community accept a portrayal that has no links to facts?

    Pakistanis as you said accept it as they have no recourse. Indians have a recourse and they will take it. Infact most people will.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Because it's a TV series and not a big deal.

    It's one thing if they portrayed Hindu Gods negatively or made racist remarks but this is more of a fictional storyline that shouldn't be taken so seriously.

    I mean the Russians were portrayed as goons throughout the 80s and 90s with absolutely absurd takes on their culture. Or what about the Italians as mobsters? Or continuous negative portrayal of multiple Islamic nations?
    This is creating a new narrative, a narrative that has no connection with the facts.A narrative that Indians cannot let run

    Russians throughout the cold war were viewed as enemies of the west and hence the portrayal.

    The terrorist are portrayed as linked to some Al Qaida Taliban or IsIs like organisation which exists in the real world.

    But can you name some indians who have been involved in terror attacks in the west?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    7,902
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Why should anyone or any community accept a portrayal that has no links to facts?

    Pakistanis as you said accept it as they have no recourse. Indians have a recourse and they will take it. Infact most people will.
    Hence the term "plot twist'...something happened which was unexpected, not commonly known and was less likely. It does'nt have to do anything with the facts. This show is not based on factual real life stories.

    Imagine a murder mystery, usually the culprit ends up being a person we least expected based on stereotypical and commonly known facts. If the most expected figure ends up being the murderer then where will be the mystery in all that.

    Get it.


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Wasn't the same actress being attacked/deemed anti national by the Indian trolls a little while ago because she spoke against rape? On twitter she got a lot of reaction from Indians considering that she isn't even a mini celeb.

    While Pakistani trolls reason for attacking her is weak, she was attacked by some indian trolls for speaking against rape, thats just insane.
    I am not aware of the second incident. But again, its the same everywhere. People troll/abuse for the most ridiculous reasons.


    Imo there is nothing wrong in protesting (like in this case) but its a completely hypocritical for him to label a nation as insecure.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 10th June 2018 at 11:16.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    Hence the term "plot twist'...something happened which was unexpected, not commonly known and was less likely. It does'nt have to do anything with the facts. This show is not based on factual real life stories.

    Imagine a murder mystery, usually the culprit ends up being a person we least expected based on stereotypical and commonly known facts. If the most expected figure ends up being the murderer then where will be the mystery in all that.

    Get it.
    You cannot villify a community/country for plot twists.

    This is how false narratives are created in the west.
    Last edited by cricketjoshila; 10th June 2018 at 09:08.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    121
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I am not aware of the second incident. But again, its the same everywhere. People troll/abuse for the most ridiculous reasons.


    Imo there is nothing wrong in protesting (like in this case) but its a completely hypocritical for him to label a nation as insecure.
    True, online trolls all over the world have seem to gone crazy.

    The point of my post was that Indians and Pakistanis aren't all that differnet.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 10th June 2018 at 11:16.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,079
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After ABC Studios, Priyanka Chopra took to Twitter to apologise for hurting sentiments with the episode of Quantico, which showed 'Indian nationalists' planning to carry out a terrorist attack in Manhattan and frame Pakistan for it days before a summit on Kashmir.

    "I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico. That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologise. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change." - Priyanka Chopra
    https://in.style.yahoo.com/priyanka-...050824545.html

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    539
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u got to be kidding me.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    13,413
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A very intolerant and ott reaction. Indians need to lighten up and stop throwing their toys out of their pram over trivial things and especially a fictional story such as this

    Not liking it is one thing but protesting and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is just so poor Don’t people there have better things to do


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,344
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    After ABC Studios, Priyanka Chopra took to Twitter to apologise for hurting sentiments with the episode of Quantico, which showed 'Indian nationalists' planning to carry out a terrorist attack in Manhattan and frame Pakistan for it days before a summit on Kashmir.

    "I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico. That was not and would never be my intention. I sincerely apologise. I’m a proud Indian and that will never change." - Priyanka Chopra
    She is fooling no one. If there is a similar plot next time, will she back out of the show? But to be fair to her, she is not very intelligent. Posted selfies at holocaust memorial as a way of showing respect and has no idea of north east despite acting in a film on a famous daughter of the east. She should not be targeted, she is only dancing to the sound of money.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,344
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    A very intolerant and ott reaction. Indians need to lighten up and stop throwing their toys out of their pram over trivial things and especially a fictional story such as this

    Not liking it is one thing but protesting and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is just so poor Don’t people there have better things to do
    No liberals or humans have been harmed in this protest. What is your problem? People like you should also lighten up and not get worked up because there is a peaceful protest.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,669
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol really ?

    All they have done is give more attention to what seems like a poor tv show
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 10th June 2018 at 11:26.


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Why should anyone or any community accept a portrayal that has no links to facts?

    Pakistanis as you said accept it as they have no recourse. Indians have a recourse and they will take it. Infact most people will.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This is creating a new narrative, a narrative that has no connection with the facts.A narrative that Indians cannot let run

    Russians throughout the cold war were viewed as enemies of the west and hence the portrayal.

    The terrorist are portrayed as linked to some Al Qaida Taliban or IsIs like organisation which exists in the real world.

    But can you name some indians who have been involved in terror attacks in the west?
    Do you realize this show is fiction?....

    Lets just be honest and say Indians are ultra sensitive to how the west perceives them.

    That is why they get outraged anytime a movie shows the slums of India. This is based on reality as slums in India do exist, yet they get outraged anyways. Explain that one.

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    22,622
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Perhaps Priyanka will decide against going to Pakistan as her ill-wishers are suggesting and might settle permanently in America instead? After all she has won a role in an acclaimed role in an American show that the biggest Bollywood heroes could only dream off. That too in a heroine role rather than a cab driver or terrorist. Indians, be careful what you wish for!


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Insecure nation? Wow, is that coming from a Pakistani? Pakistanis are worse. Not that they should be our benchmark.
    Check Swara Bhaskar’s Instagram or Facebook. She’s been getting abused day and night for her harmless statement related to Pakistan.
    She’s not even a mini celeb here but Pakistanis have taken her statement to heart. Swara Bhaskar’s statement - come on.
    Lol shes getting trolled because she came to Lahore a few years ago and said its the best place she ever visited. Then she made a statement opposite of that recently. So its become a meme.

    Also, she is receiving a lot more hate from Indians these days due to her movie. Forgot to put that in your post did you?

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,344
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Do you realize this show is fiction?....

    Lets just be honest and say Indians are ultra sensitive to how the west perceives them.

    That is why they get outraged anytime a movie shows the slums of India. This is based on reality as slums in India do exist, yet they get outraged anyways. Explain that one.
    Do you support fictional depiction on any subject in books and movies?

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,668
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    lol really ?

    All they have done is give more attention to what seems like a poor tv show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    A very intolerant and ott reaction. Indians need to lighten up and stop throwing their toys out of their pram over trivial things and especially a fictional story such as this

    Not liking it is one thing but protesting and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is just so poor Don’t people there have better things to do
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    u got to be kidding me.

    We Indians are actually owning something for the first time in ages so let us enjoy it.. Why do you care how Indians react anyways? We are the kings of social media where anonymous keyboard warrior ship is our biggest strength which can make big American corporations now down and apologise..

    This is the first time we are leaders at something in forever and it is going to stay like this for next couple of decades atleast so accept it and let us enjoy our superficial victories..

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Do you realize this show is fiction?....

    Lets just be honest and say Indians are ultra sensitive to how the west perceives them.

    That is why they get outraged anytime a movie shows the slums of India. This is based on reality as slums in India do exist, yet they get outraged anyways. Explain that one.
    If any Indian is outraged by slums shown in India thats being too sensitive as slums exist in India. But India isnt only about slums too.

    Fiction is often used in the west to create a narrative. First Soviets. After Them islamic terrorist groups.

    Way back in Early 90s i saw a english movie which showed a Islamic terror group trying to blow up Miami with a stolen nuke. Guess what, today that threat is part of US and West's narrative.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    A very intolerant and ott reaction. Indians need to lighten up and stop throwing their toys out of their pram over trivial things and especially a fictional story such as this

    Not liking it is one thing but protesting and asking her to be sent to Pakistan is just so poor Don’t people there have better things to do
    Protesting is every human's right. Thats not OTT.

    OTT is this "go to Pakistan" reaction which is stupid,racist and pathetic.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    No liberals or humans have been harmed in this protest. What is your problem? People like you should also lighten up and not get worked up because there is a peaceful protest.
    He is peacefully protesting against the peaceful protestor and criticizing them, what is your problem?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    7,902
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You cannot villify a community/country for plot twists.

    This is how false narratives are created in the west.
    I see. Your country's extreme sensitivity to the creation of "false" narratives reminds me of an Urdu saying...

    Choor ki daari main tinka

    Otherwise if there is no such thing as Indian terrorism, why worry about it so much. Why create such a huge hue and cry. Using a bit of reverse psychology here aren't you...


    “I am not young enough to know everything.”

    ― Oscar Wilde

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I see. Your country's extreme sensitivity to the creation of "false" narratives reminds me of an Urdu saying...

    Choor ki daari main tinka

    Otherwise if there is no such thing as Indian terrorism, why worry about it so much. Why create such a huge hue and cry. Using a bit of reverse psychology here aren't you...

    Chor ko dusra chor har dusra chor hi dikhta hai. Isnt it?

    Can you give me an example of Terror attack in the west in which Indians were involved?

    Why should we accept this false narrative? We are not helpless to act againist it. Those who have recourse accept this. May be thats why they find others sensitive.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,308
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arabs have the money to change the narrative but they prefer to buy weapons worth hundreds of billions in order to kill other Arabs.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,344
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Chor ko dusra chor har dusra chor hi dikhta hai. Isnt it?

    Can you give me an example of Terror attack in the west in which Indians were involved?

    Why should we accept this false narrative? We are not helpless to act againist it. Those who have recourse accept this. May be thats why they find others sensitive.
    Nothing wrong with what he said. Air India flight 182 is your answer.

    Probably now you will ask to prove terror attack in the west in which hindus were involved.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    762
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now a TV show has India up in flames... . I bet 99% of indians didnt even know this show existed,now they all do - nicely done ABC.

    Its not like this plot is unrealistic or far fetched. India the country should be renamed Insecure

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,426
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ABC is welcome to vilify Hindus and Hindus are welcome to economically boycott ABC.

    In this world money talks, and obviously Chopra realized that her future prospects in India are dim without an apology. Corporations are cowards who will say whatever is needed for the sake of greater profits, and mass media makes you more stupid the more you consume it.

    The reactions from Americans (from online comments) is that only white males are allowed to be terrorists on TV, otherwise the network will have to apologize down the line.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    ABC is welcome to vilify Hindus and Hindus are welcome to economically boycott ABC.

    In this world money talks, and obviously Chopra realized that her future prospects in India are dim without an apology. Corporations are cowards who will say whatever is needed for the sake of greater profits, and mass media makes you more stupid the more you consume it.

    The reactions from Americans (from online comments) is that only white males are allowed to be terrorists on TV, otherwise the network will have to apologize down the line.
    In Indias case, only Muslims.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,426
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    In India’s case, only Muslims.
    In my limited experience with Bollywood, the terrorist is not shown to be Muslim, but someone rather ambiguous. In the movie "Kahaani" the terrorist is named "Milan Damji", definitely not a Muslim name. Milan is a Hindu name (or at least the only Milan I knew was Hindu) and Damji is quite ambiguous.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Arabs have the money to change the narrative but they prefer to buy weapons worth hundreds of billions in order to kill other Arabs.
    Money and power/influence are two different things. They are just stubborn, backward thinking, involuntary puppets who seemed to have hit the jackpot with oil. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up expecting something from the Arabs.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    In Indias case, only Muslims.
    For a Non Indian you assume to know a lot about India. You Dont.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,310
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Money and power/influence are two different things. They are just stubborn, backward thinking, involuntary puppets who seemed to have hit the jackpot with oil. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up expecting something from the Arabs.
    That is pretty discriminatory and a huge generalization - don't you think?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,308
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Money and power/influence are two different things. They are just stubborn, backward thinking, involuntary puppets who seemed to have hit the jackpot with oil. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up expecting something from the Arabs.
    They should be clever like their cousins the Jews.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    For a Non Indian you assume to know a lot about India. You Dont.
    Know enough to claim many BJP supporters are radical extremists supporting extremism.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    That is pretty discriminatory and a huge generalization - don't you think?
    Generalizations usually have a basis in truth. I think my assumption (although it is my personal opinion) is pretty accurate and I say that as a half Arab.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    They should be clever like their cousins the Jews.
    Definitely, but the Jews are a much smaller and concentrated group, also their various exoduses seems to have made them better strategists. Not to mention them being in the top tier of many of the world's biggest financial, political, etc spheres.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    22,014
    Mentioned
    983 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She does know that ZDT, American Sniper and Munich (at least the massacre part) were to an extent based on real stories, right?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    128
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ABC has apologized and done the correct thing

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    564
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordchamp View Post
    ABC has apologized and done the correct thing
    It looks like a silly overreaction. ABC should've never apologized for what is a work of fiction. But maybe they did it for the publicity. I guess now curious Indians will log in to Netflix India or their Prime subscriptions to see what the show is about. Win win for ABC.


    John 3:16

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Know enough to claim many BJP supporters are radical extremists supporting extremism.
    Again you dont know anything.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,904
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    In Indias case, only Muslims.
    Why don't you tell us all how innocent and harmless the Muslims are generally in India and they are all victims of evil and violent Hindu's ?

    if the past is anything to go by you are going to direct me to google ....


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Money and power/influence are two different things. They are just stubborn, backward thinking, involuntary puppets who seemed to have hit the jackpot with oil. Don't waste your time or get your hopes up expecting something from the Arabs.
    You took the words right out of my mouth

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    539
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an idiotic reaction. The action of some brain dead ultra nationalistic Indians never cease to amaze me. If it was a show based on true history, it would've made a sense. But its a fictional story for gods sake.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    Why don't you tell us all how innocent and harmless the Muslims are generally in India and they are all victims of evil and violent Hindu's ?

    if the past is anything to go by you are going to direct me to google ....
    where did I every said Muslims of India are harmless ? can you please point it out.

    That discussion was about RSS being a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization in which you claim to be a supporter and justify killing, destruction and rape of Muslims by the hands of RSS, a right wing hard line Hindu extremists, supported by BJP and Modi.

    And if you can't find that thread, you can always google it.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Again you dont know anything.
    Enough to know that RSS, a right wing hard line Hindu extremists supported by BJP and Modi exist and have justify killing, destruction and rape of Muslims in India.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,904
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    where did I every said Muslims of India are harmless ? can you please point it out.
    then the reason for your comment in Post# 56 is what ?


    That discussion was about RSS being a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization in which you claim to be a supporter and justify killing, destruction and rape of Muslims by the hands of RSS, a right wing hard line Hindu extremists, supported by BJP and Modi.

    And if you can't find that thread, you can always google it.
    Never claimed being a supporter of any party/organization .... Me being a logic, facts and data driven individual I was merely analyzing the situation and presenting the root cause ( and thereby hoping to bridge the gap between reality and perception) of some serious issues for those who were frothing at the mouth after seeing that ridiculous interview of Arundhati Roy.

    BTW don't forget to mention that you doggedly refused to answer my pointed questions in that thread. So here is another chance - If the BJP and RSS are such radical right wing organizations how is it that they have not managed to build even a simple thing as the Ram Temple ?

    My prediction is that you will try your best to weasel out of this again.


    Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    then the reason for your comment in Post# 56 is what ?




    Never claimed being a supporter of any party/organization .... Me being a logic, facts and data driven individual I was merely analyzing the situation and presenting the root cause ( and thereby hoping to bridge the gap between reality and perception) of some serious issues for those who were frothing at the mouth after seeing that ridiculous interview of Arundhati Roy.

    BTW don't forget to mention that you doggedly refused to answer my pointed questions in that thread. So here is another chance - If the BJP and RSS are such radical right wing organizations how is it that they have not managed to build even a simple thing as the Ram Temple ?

    My prediction is that you will try your best to weasel out of this again.
    data suggest RSS is a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization.

    Just because RSS hasn't been successful in building a temple doesn't negate the fact that they are a right wing hard line hindu extremists organization supported by BJP and Modi.

    Your question are design to attempt to discredit anyone criticizing RSS militancy and its supporter by picking on one example and ignoring their militancy history. It may work for RSS supporters like yourself. It was BJP and Hindu extremists who destroyed the Mosque, no matter what justification you provide. You are justifying destruction of mosque without using a democratic process.

    It's like saying, OBL never dismantle Saudi government so they must be not a Muslim extremists organization.

    That is why its not worth discussing anything with you because you are justifying whatever Majority (Hindu extremists) against minority and blaming Muslims of India.

    Not worth my time to try to convince someone who has repeatedly justify killing, destruction and raping of female.

    Reality is simple, Minority are being told to be subservient and honor majority and if not then be killed, get your property destroyed and get raped. Example, Kashmir.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,501
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Enough to know that RSS, a right wing hard line Hindu extremists supported by BJP and Modi exist and have justify killing, destruction and rape of Muslims in India.
    Really? Under which law of the Indian constitution?

  78. #78
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,151
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I don't get the connection with Pakistan. Is Pakistan like some sort of general purgatory area where angry Indians believe everyone should be banished if they displease the nation?
    Hahaha

    Underrated post.

    Hilarious.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://gulfnews.com/tabloid/celebri...onds-1.2235215

    This celebrity chef, who has a restaurant in Dubai as well, gave a reply to Priyanka's apology....




    Kochhar’s now deleted tweet saw the chef responding to actress Priyanka Chopra’s mea culpa over a Quantico episode that portrayed Hindu nationalists as terrorists.

    “It’s sad to see that you have not respected the sentiments of Hindus who have been terrorised by Islam over 2000 years. Shame on you,” Kochhar wrote, before retracting it a day later and calling it a “major error made in the heat of the moment.”

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,036
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I say let her in!

    I feel really bad for her. Don't these nationalists understand, ti's not real?

    She was receiving hate previous to this when she visited children in refugee camps in Bangladesh. Some of the comments from Indians on social media were lacking in heart, asking her why isnt she helping Indian kids and why is she helping Muslim children.

    She shouldn't have apologised, you do not appease extremists because they only become more extreme.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •