Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    data suggest RSS is a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization.

Just because RSS hasn't been successful in building a temple doesn't negate the fact that they are a right wing hard line hindu extremists organization supported by BJP and Modi.
    So essentially you have no data other than your opinion ? Using this thug-logic I can make Mahatma Gandhi look like a notorious criminal on a online forum. Brilliant tactic ... I guess we get to learn new things on PP everyday.

Your question are design to attempt to discredit anyone criticizing RSS militancy and its supporter by picking on one example and ignoring their militancy history. It may work for RSS supporters like yourself. It was BJP and Hindu extremists who destroyed the Mosque, no matter what justification you provide. You are justifying destruction of mosque without using a democratic process.
    And the Mosque was setup using a democratic process ? But to their credit it must be said that they (VHP/RSS) did patiently try the democratic process through courts for decades. When they realized that they were up against a rogue community of thugs ( well protected by the Congress Crooks) who only understand the language of force did they take matters into their own hand. Now do tell why such a community deserves any better. I mean when a community does not have the decency to admit to historical wrongs and graciously vacate they thereby are pretty much setting the rules of engagement to be those from medieval times and therefore a medieval treatment is what they got. Go argue with your fellow Muslims why they are crying now.

Ohhh wait I get it ... the medieval laws were only reserved for Hindus ehhh ? classic

It's like saying, OBL never dismantle Saudi government so they must be not a Muslim extremists organization.
    So overthrowing a Govt involves the same amount of effort as building a Temple that too when the BJP is in full control for last 4 yrs ? This is the sort of logic they teach in Lahore ? No wonder its "famous" for inventing the Lahori-Logic.

That is why its not worth discussing anything with you because you are justifying whatever Majority (Hindu extremists) against minority and blaming Muslims of India.
    you sure this has nothing to do with your inability to come up with facts to back up your tall fanciful stories ?

Not worth my time to try to convince someone who has repeatedly justify killing, destruction and raping of female.

Reality is simple, Minority are being told to be subservient and honor majority and if not then be killed, get your property destroyed and get raped. Example, Kashmir.
    The amount of Hindus killed and driven away from Muslim majority region is sooo large in comparison to those that you are whinging about here that it beggars belief (and Iam not even talking historical times just modern time). And then you have the cheek to point figures at Hindus ? Have some shame.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Tusker , in top form... Some excellent points

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    None of them actually addressing the Hindu outrage directed at Priyanka Chopra.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    None of them actually addressing the Hindu outrage directed at Priyanka Chopra.
    People have the right to protest if they are wronged. Indians protested within tge realms of laid down laws. Why is it a issue?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    People have the right to protest if they are wronged. Indians protested within tge realms of laid down laws. Why is it a issue?
    It's an issue because it's in the news, no one is saying they can't protest. They are free to protest, and others are free to comment on it. It was in today's UK Times edition, are you going to object to them running a story?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quantico star Priyanka Chopra is a traitor, say Hindu nationalists

The Indian actress Priyanka Chopra has been forced to apologise over a plotline on her American television show that prompted a vicious backlash at home, where Hindu nationalists accused her of being a traitor.

The Bollywood star, who has forged a successful career in the US, has faced protests and online threats after an episode of the spy thriller Quantico in which her character thwarts a terrorist plot by Hindu extremists. The terrorists aim to detonate a nuclear bomb at a summit in New York and blame Pakistan, but the scheme is foiled by Chopra’s FBI agent. The fictional summit concerns the disputed region of Kashmir, long a source of very real tension between India and Pakistan.

The episode outraged nationalists who accused Chopra, 35, of insulting Hindus and peddling a Pakistani agenda. Pictures of the actress were burnt at a demonstration in Delhi at the weekend and social media lit up with demands to boycott her work.

Amid frenzied calls for her to be barred from returning to India or even be deported to Pakistan, Chopra issued an apology, insisting she was “a proud Indian and that will never change”.

She added: “I’m extremely saddened and sorry that some sentiments have been hurt by a recent episode of Quantico,” she wrote on Twitter. “That was not my intention. I sincerely apologise.”

She was defended by ABC Studios, which produces Quantico. It too apologised, saying in a statement that the show had “regrettably stepped into a complex political issue”.

Chopra, winner of the Miss World competition in 2000, is the first Indian to star in a US network series. She remains hugely popular at home, where she has starred in more than fifty Bollywood movies, but national pride in her success is matched by intense scrutiny. The febrile, aggressive brand of Hindu nationalism that has flourished under the government of Narendra Modi has left India’s biggest stars cowed and afraid to speak out. Mr Modi’s four years as prime minister have coincided with a significant rise in the number of hate crimes recorded across the country, with Muslims and other minorities targeted by radical Hindus.

Chopra had already provoked their ire by criticising India’s eviction of Rohingya Muslim refugees and for visiting the camps in Bangladesh in her role as UN goodwill ambassador last month. The actress is friends with the Duchess of Sussex, and attended her wedding. She was again criticised back home for failing to wear a sari and for eschewing Indian fashion at Windsor Castle.

Media commentators note that Indian films routinely demonise Muslim terrorists, and that ABC has never previously apologised for airing shows with plotlines that feature jihadists, including previous episodes of Quantico.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/w...ists-h8zw3hr3d

The article in today's Times which I mentioned in previous post.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The article in today's Times which I mentioned in previous post.
    Indian films have also shown sikh terrorists. But since majority of terror attacks in India have been by muslims when those attacjs are shown in films its obvious to show them as muslims.

But have any Indian or Hindu carried out attacks in the West?

How is the backlash or protest wrong? Is it because a western media company was forced to apologise to Indians?

Nationalism is not wrong. Western Media wont dictate that to Indians. Perhaps they need to understand that countries follow their own paths and wont toe a line that they want. More people have died in US of gun violence than of any religious violence in India in last 4 years.

People have a right to express their views in India and others have a right to protest againist those views.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    thanks. The hardest part was to pretend that it wasn't a Pakistani poster lecturing me on Democratic process .... Pure gold.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    thanks. The hardest part was to pretend that it wasn't a Pakistani poster lecturing me on Democratic process .... Pure gold.
    Didn't read your exchange with the other poster, but I picked up on your insinuation that Pakistanis for some reason aren't qualified to speak about the democratic process while Indians are.

That's incredibly stupid. Just because one country (Pakistan) has had trouble with democracy, doesn't automatically disqualify Pakistanis from being democratic or discussing democracy. And just because another country's (India's) citizens think they are god's gift to democracy, doesn't mean their opinion is worth more than anyone else's.

In fact, there's a case to be made that many Indians have their heads so far up their backsides, they are now blind and rabidly defensive to the flaws in their own democratic process (or any criticism of their country for that matter, even if it's a fictional TV show. Exhibit A is this thread itself.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post
    Didn't read your exchange with the other poster, but I picked up on your insinuation that Pakistanis for some reason aren't qualified to speak about the democratic process while Indians are.

That's incredibly stupid. Just because one country (Pakistan) has had trouble with democracy, doesn't automatically disqualify Pakistanis from being democratic or discussing democracy. And just because another country's (India's) citizens think they are god's gift to democracy, doesn't mean their opinion is worth more than anyone else's.

In fact, there's a case to be made that many Indians have their heads so far up their backsides, they are now blind and rabidly defensive to the flaws in their own democratic process (or any criticism of their country for that matter, even if it's a fictional TV show. Exhibit A is this thread itself.
    Rather than finding flaws in a functioning democracy why not iron out the flaws in Pakistan's governing system where Army trumps all.

Pakistanis though are free to keep their system where Army is paramount.Thats their priviledge to choose what kind of govt they want. Same priviledge resides with citizens of all countries.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third_Umpire View Post

You are technically right but given the ground realities of Pakistan and the ideological foundations that it is based on it is highly unlikely that a majority of them just simply do not get the concepts of democracy. There are exceptions no doubt but as they say exceptions confirms the rule.

What democratic Norm has been violated by the protestors ?

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than finding flaws in a functioning democracy why not iron out the flaws in Pakistan's governing system where Army trumps all.

Pakistanis though are free to keep their system where Army is paramount.Thats their priviledge to choose what kind of govt they want. Same priviledge resides with citizens of all countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    You are technically right but given the ground realities of Pakistan and the ideological foundations that it is based on it is highly unlikely that a majority of them just simply do not get the concepts of democracy. There are exceptions no doubt but as they say exceptions confirms the rule.

What democratic Norm has been violated by the protestors ?
    Did either of you post what's wrong with the argument rather than getting personal?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    Did either of you post what's wrong with the argument rather than getting personal?
    Can you tell me whats wrong with the system?

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me whats wrong with the system?
    I am not getting into that debate, my question was about whether you are answering any argument made or are you just getting personal?

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my personal opinion this was an over reaction but in such cases as long as the protests are peaceful with zero scope for violence of any kind I am ok with it. Fans were livid at Priyanka on Instagram a few days back but things are now back to normal I guess.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lmao. So this crying is coming out of the same country that mass produce films like Phantom, Ghazi, who knows what else trying to frame Pakistan as the bad guys to the sheep that flock to watch their movies back home.

How ironic that when the shoe is on the other foot they get triggered beyond belief. Phir ro rahe hain

Feel sad for Priyanka, good for her that she is dating Nick Jonas now and probably prefers to stay in the US and enjoy the luxuries of the West.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I am not getting into that debate, my question was about whether you are answering any argument made or are you just getting personal?
    You are not telling what are the flaws in the system. How can i answer the question then.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not telling what are the flaws in the system. How can i answer the question then.
    You are telling me that getting personal about one's nationality is acceptable?

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its so ironic to see some Indians on twitter talking about boycotting Marriott because they didn't "respect free speech" by terminating the contract of that bigoted chef.

However the same people were crying and criticizing ABC based on a fictional show. What happened to free speech there? Do people really not see the hypocrisy in their actions?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    You are telling me that getting personal about one's nationality is acceptable?
    Criticising a country without giving reasons and calling indians names is not getting personal?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should anyone or any community accept a portrayal that has no links to facts?

Pakistanis as you said accept it as they have no recourse. Indians have a recourse and they will take it. Infact most people will.
    Because its a fictional tv show
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th June 2018 at 08:44.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post
    Because its a fictional tv show
    Read the whole thread.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th June 2018 at 08:44.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what argument are you referring to ?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a testament to the soft power and influence of india..

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Its so ironic to see some Indians on twitter talking about boycotting Marriott because they didn't "respect free speech" by terminating the contract of that bigoted chef.

However the same people were crying and criticizing ABC based on a fictional show. What happened to free speech there? Do people really not see the hypocrisy in their actions?
    Good point on their double standards. Their history is full of violence, centuries of caste system brutalities, weird laws for killing women, atrocities against women and children in Kashmir for decades and on going terrorism plots against Pakistan. Many Indians live in a world where everything related to them is perfect and free of fault. You point out any fact against "Incredible India" and they get triggered. Bunch of biased softies.