Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,677
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lionel Messi to consider retirement from international football after World Cup

    Lionel Messi says the future of his international career depends on how Argentina do at the World Cup.

    The five-time Ballon d'Or winner originally announced his international retirement when Argentina lost the Copa America final for the second successive year to Chile in 2016, and said criticism from media in his home country was a big factor in his decision.

    Messi - who had suffered defeat in the 2014 World Cup final to Germany - changed his mind shortly after and led Argentina through a poor World Cup qualification campaign with a hat-trick in their must-win final game against Ecuador

    Lionel Messi will lead Argentina at the World Cup in Russia - and it could be his last shot at the biggest prize in football
    Only "God and Messi" will decide if Argentina can win this year's tournament, according to their president Mauricio Macri, and the Barcelona forward has hinted it could be his last attempt.

    Asked if he will retire after the World Cup, Messi told Spanish newspaper Sport: "I don't know. It will depend how we do, how it ends.

    "The fact we've lost three finals now has led to some complicated moments with the Argentine press due to the differences in seeing what it means to reach a final.

    "It is not easy and [reaching three finals] has to be appreciated. It's true that winning them is important, but getting there is not easy."

    https://www.google.com.pk/amp/www.sk...fter-world-cup

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    11,623
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drama queen. Good player but never liked him. He's retired before after throwing a tantrum when they lost a final IIRC

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,906
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Calling him a good player is an understatement. He is the greatest of all time, and has been let down time and time again by his Argentinian teammates.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,087
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope legend retires with the world cup trophy in his hands.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,668
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Drama queen. Good player but never liked him. He's retired before after throwing a tantrum when they lost a final IIRC


    Who better than him in history? One can argue about Ronald Apart from that?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    11,623
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Who better than him in history? One can argue about Ronald Apart from that?
    Not denying he's a good player but don't like his behaviour sometimes

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,131
    Mentioned
    2154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Who better than him in history? One can argue about Ronald Apart from that?
    Ronaldo R9


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,036
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Calling him a good player is an understatement. He is the greatest of all time, and has been let down time and time again by his Argentinian teammates.
    Argentinians dont feel the same as you. For them Maradonna is the greatest of all time because he won the World Cup for Argentina and that too with an average team. Argentinians dont care what Messi does for Barcelona.

    If he doesn't win the biggest prize in football now, he should retire from international football.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,859
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Argentinians dont feel the same as you. For them Maradonna is the greatest of all time because he won the World Cup for Argentina and that too with an average team. Argentinians dont care what Messi does for Barcelona.

    If he doesn't win the biggest prize in football now, he should retire from international football.
    Not that I hold him as GOAT but why should the opinion of Argentinians hold sway over Barcelona fans who are found globally and are much more in number.

    Many neutrals and experts also rate him as GOAT so why should opinions of few million Argentinians supersede them?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope he wins it this time.

    Deserves it.

    Although last world cup was probably Argentina's best chance.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    539
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Argentina gets out from the group stage.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,036
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Not that I hold him as GOAT but why should the opinion of Argentinians hold sway over Barcelona fans who are found globally and are much more in number.

    Many neutrals and experts also rate him as GOAT so why should opinions of few million Argentinians supersede them?
    I agree it should'nt and was only pointing out what his own countrymen feel.

    I do however agree with them Maradonna is the GOAT. But of course it's an opinion based issue.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,407
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Calling him a good player is an understatement. He is the greatest of all time, and has been let down time and time again by his Argentinian teammates.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Argentinians dont feel the same as you. For them Maradonna is the greatest of all time because he won the World Cup for Argentina and that too with an average team. Argentinians dont care what Messi does for Barcelona.

    If he doesn't win the biggest prize in football now, he should retire from international football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Not that I hold him as GOAT but why should the opinion of Argentinians hold sway over Barcelona fans who are found globally and are much more in number.

    Many neutrals and experts also rate him as GOAT so why should opinions of few million Argentinians supersede them?
    No body has topped Maradonna yet. I have been watching foot ball for 35 years, the performance Maradonna had in 1986, was greatest performance of all time. He single handedly won the World Cup, that we have yet to experience before or after him...Maradona was play maker, skill wise a tier above Messi...


    Plus Messi does not handle pressure that well, I would say he chokes a bit in WCs, he wanted to retire after last time... Last World Cup final, Messi missed such an easy chance, see video below at 2:45, how could he miss such an opportunity?? - That was not the only blooper in that game...



    You can go back and check Maradona's goals in knockout round of 1986, one of the best individual goals of all time. There is no comparison!!


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,859
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    No body has topped Maradonna yet. I have been watching foot ball for 35 years, the performance Maradonna had in 1986, was greatest performance of all time. He single handedly won the World Cup, that we have yet to experience before or after him...Maradona was play maker, skill wise a tier above Messi...


    Plus Messi does not handle pressure that well, I would say he chokes a bit in WCs, he wanted to retire after last time... Last World Cup final, Messi missed such an easy chance, see video below at 2:45, how could he miss such an opportunity?? - That was not the only blooper in that game...



    You can go back and check Maradona's goals in knockout round of 1986, one of the best individual goals of all time. There is no comparison!!
    On a year to year basis Messi smokes Maradona

    Maradona had a lot of mediocre seasons aswell and was obviously a failure at Barcelona

    Messi has been bossing it for 12 years now


    #MPGA

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,407
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    On a year to year basis Messi smokes Maradona

    Maradona had a lot of mediocre seasons aswell and was obviously a failure at Barcelona

    Messi has been bossing it for 12 years now
    Who cares about Barcelona? - First off, Spanish league is flawed, two teams are way stronger than others, they have all the money, obviously they are going to win most of the time. They are filled with starts. They have gone strength to strength with every decade, players have less to do with it, money conc in two teams...Spanish league overall is not that good.

    US sports leagues are generally much better, they don’t let super team happen, system works such a way, as a result you have lot of competitive games.

    Getting back to the point, Maradona and Pete are Don Bredman of soccer, nobody else comes close. I don’t need to look at stats, If you have not seen Maradona play, then you are not going to get it.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,859
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Who cares about Barcelona? - First off, Spanish league is flawed, two teams are way stronger than others, they have all the money, obviously they are going to win most of the time. They are filled with starts. They have gone strength to strength with every decade, players have less to do with it, money conc in two teams...Spanish league overall is not that good.

    US sports leagues are generally much better, they don’t let super team happen, system works such a way, as a result you have lot of competitive games.

    Getting back to the point, Maradona and Pete are Don Bredman of soccer, nobody else comes close. I don’t need to look at stats, If you have not seen Maradona play, then you are not going to get it.
    Most people care about Barceona, La Liga and Champions League. More than the World Cup

    Times have changed now and the gulf in prestige between the World Cup and top European club competitions is minimal. In earlier decades the best players in the world gathered for the World Cup whereas year round they would play in their own leagues for the most part. Now all the best players in the world are concentrated in the top 3 or so European leagues so times have changed


    #MPGA

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,407
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh boy, Messi was very messy today. Same thing happen in last WC final. You cannot blame the team. He kind of chokes in WC every now and then 😼😼

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,082
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Calling him a good player is an understatement. He is the greatest of all time, and has been let down time and time again by his Argentinian teammates.
    Why didn't you get bored saying this again and again

    He's a great player and aesthetically pleasing to watch but a bonafide bottler who has got an heart of a sparrow

    Calling him GOAT is such a disgrace statement to some of great players who showed their best when the going gets tough

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    475
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maradona is God for the people of Naples also

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Messi, the footballing equivalent of ABDV? .

    Failure in world cups.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •