Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One PSL franchise still owes money to players/staff for PSL Season 3

According to a press release from the PCB about the PSL Governing Council meeting,one franchise has not paid it’s dues,including salaries for players and coaches.

‘The meeting was informed that five franchises have cleared all dues. A firm commitment was made by the sixth franchise that all remaining dues shall be cleared shortly.’

This isn’t good news for the franchise in particular,as dues are meant to be cleared with 15 days of the conclusion of the tournament.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 12th June 2018 at 16:37.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably multan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    My Understanding is that these dues are supposed to be paid before the tournament commences. We are now a few months after the end of the tournament. Poor stuff.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Hopefully its just an accounting glitch and nothing serious (as in no money!)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Hopefully its just an accounting glitch and nothing serious (as in no money!)
    lol at accounting glitch, there is no accounting glitch that can explain the non payment of dues. Its all about having the deep pockets.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RehanG View Post
    Probably multan.
    Thought the owners of the MS team had plenty of money. Large business in the billions...or am I just misinformed.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    According to some messages I have received, the franchise in question is not Multan Sultans.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    According to some messages I have received, the franchise in question is not Multan Sultans.
    Must be Quetta then. They offered the least bid to the PCB and must have less deep pockets.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Instead of naming the PSL teams without knowing for sure, better to wait and see which side is the guilty party when it's confirmed.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I can understand the PCB being lenient because some of these franchises invested in the PSL and the PCB when there was zero market interest so they have to return the favor now.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    A bit awkward for the folks who were making fun of the BPL for not paying the players and the staff. I hope they will rear their heads in this thread.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe KK

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very common in most of the leagues however, there is a difference and good thing is PCB and governing council are being transparent unlike many other tournaments i.e IPL, CPL and BPL where boards or governing councils dont disclose anything and everything comes out when players start to say that in press.

However, I do believe considering how strong PSL is going as a brand such things should be avoided by franchises by realizing that there were around 32 bids for the sixth franchise so its a hot commodity and they dont want to lose their franchise license and PCB should think of some late payment penalties.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    A bit awkward for the folks who were making fun of the BPL for not paying the players and the staff. I hope they will rear their heads in this thread.
    BPL had multiple franchises facing these problems. Here we have just one.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Our pay issues in BPL was a shame. PSL has paid its players. These are fees to the organization I guess. Will it impact PS4?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From LQ:

Lahore Qalandar was the first to make all the payments. I can confirm that the pending payment does not relate to lahore Qalandars.
    Last edited by Kroll; 14th June 2018 at 18:32.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    From LQ:

Lahore Qalandar was the first to make all the payments . I can confirm that the pending payment does not relate to lahore Qalandars .
    Lol, Shaming Tactic by the PCB. Worked before the PSL and seems to be working now. If the name of the franchise gets leaked, it will hurt their brand value.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this is sorted asap. Doesn't look good for the PSL if we can't pay staff.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I remember the players and staff are actually paid directly by PCB, even if PCB does not get the funds from the franchise on time they pay out the money before they recover the funds from the franchise. If the players weren't paid you would definitely hear it from them but no one has ever complained about that. In the press release it says dues were owed by the franchise to PCB not to the players.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the PSL setup similar to the BBL where the board handles everything, or is it more like IPL where the franchises are responsible for their own expenses and the BCCI just runs the league.

Who is responsible to pay the employees?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I guess, now it’ll be easier to explain why Barisal Bull was stripped from Bangladesh Pauper League!!!!

To avoid such glory, what BPL amended in financial terms is that players will be paid by BPL commissioner’s office - BUT, before draft, every team/owner has to credit BPL account with a bank garuntee that covers the possible/allowable maximum pay out.

Barisal Bulls failed to do that ........

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard that it is Zalmi, only heard nothing concrete.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Is the PSL setup similar to the BBL where the board handles everything, or is it more like IPL where the franchises are responsible for their own expenses and the BCCI just runs the league.

Who is responsible to pay the employees?
    It's more like the IPL set up.Franchises control team affairs.They pay the sum to the PCB first and the PCB then distributes it to players/coaches.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    It's more like the IPL set up.Franchises control team affairs.They pay the sum to the PCB first and the PCB then distributes it to players/coaches.
    So, its more like the BPL where though the franchises are responsible to come up with the $$, the board is responsible to get it to all the parties involved.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stupidty at its best .i wish pcb already known about scheon group(multan sultan) history and their dodgy background .they should be removed and sell new rights to new owners who bid the higher

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Stupidty at its best .i wish pcb already known about scheon group(multan sultan) history and their dodgy background .they should be removed and sell new rights to new owners who bid the higher
    Apparently the PCB threatened the group to clear their dues within 48 hours or the PCB will takeover the Franchise and sell it to another party.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Apparently the PCB threatened the group to clear their dues within 48 hours or the PCB will takeover the Franchise and sell it to another party.
    Good move!! this ruthless attitude is needed from pcb otherwise it can happen in future again .they need to set a example from this so it can never happen in future