Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan ONLY team to score 180+ in 5 consecutive T20Is

What a great record! Pakistan in T20I is the only team to score 180+ totals in 5 consecutive matches!

Demolition In Progress.....*GUL-DOZER*!!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Although the opposition hasn't been great. 1 against Scotland, 3 against a WI team compromising of players who weren't scared of going to Pakistan. The one against New Zealand was good.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dont you know that our ranking is a fluke

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    It is not a fluke because apart from England and New Zealand, the other teams that we faced were cannon fodder, and we would beat them more often than not.

However, it is a fake ranking - an artificial ranking built on playing too many games against weak opposition.

This record of scoring five 180+ scores on the trot means absolutely nothing. None of the scores came against the bowling attacks of India, South Africa and Australia.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irrelevant stat when given the weak nature of the bowling attacks faced.

As mentioned by @Mamoon it is a pseudo number 1 ranking.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ranking means zilch in LOIs, only thing that matters is who wins the ICC cups. WI has won last two, they are the real champs. Nobody cares who is #1 rank team. Same goes for ODI, winning WC matters 🙄🙄🙄

In test, the real thing is winning series abroad. India can be mathematically #1, but good it is if they cannot win a single series in SA/ENG/AUS?? 🤬🤬🤬

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this case, it isn't a fluke. People should learn what's a fluke.

Considering the opposition, Pakistan was expected to thrash them and they did. So they are deserving winner.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah whatever Pakistan achieves it is always because of fluke... same "cannon fodder" West Indies beat India but lets not bring up that inconvenient fact because it messes with our agenda.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

Considering the opposition, Pakistan was expected to thrash them and they did. So they are deserving winner.
    Pakistan was expected to thrashed England in England, West Indies in West Indies and New Zealand in New Zealand? If yes, they are the undisputed number one team in the world

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you play against teams lyk windies-d, scottish..etc this is bound to happen...no one in world cricket are playing t20 matches continuously against substandard teams like pak team..hence the #1 ranking..which is absolutely a farce one

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodipet_baadshah View Post
    if you play against teams lyk windies-d, scottish..etc this is bound to happen...no one in world cricket are playing t20 matches continuously against substandard teams like pak team..hence the #1 ranking..which is absolutely a farce one
    Wonder what India is doing playing two T20Is against Ireland soon?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodipet_baadshah View Post
    We scored 200 twice against NZ in NZ. Get educated before running mouth.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Ranking means zilch in LOIs, only thing that matters is who wins the ICC cups. WI has won last two, they are the real champs. Nobody cares who is #1 rank team. Same goes for ODI, winning WC matters ������

In test, the real thing is winning series abroad. India can be mathematically #1, but good it is if they cannot win a single series in SA/ENG/AUS?? ������
    Rankings absolutely have meaning in ODIs. You're being very ignorant.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    We scored 200 twice against NZ in NZ. Get educated before running mouth.
    When did we score 200 twice? We scored 201/4 in the 2nd T20I but in the first match we were bowled out for 105 and we only managed 181/6 in the 3rd T20I

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    When did we score 200 twice? We scored 201/4 in the 2nd T20I but in the first match we were bowled out for 105 and we only managed 181/6 in the 3rd T20I
    Oops my bad... I was thinking 180+ twice and went overboard and wrote 200

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Yeah rankings sure had a lot of meaning when number eight ranked side dished out biggest phainti ever in a tournament final.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah rankings sure had a lot of meaning when number eight ranked side dished out biggest phainti ever in a tournament final.
    How does that invalidate rankings? Pakistan changed their old players for newer ones, and saw results. ODI rankings are very stable, Pakistan winning the CT was a shock to many people as well as nobody saw it coming.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How does that invalidate rankings? Pakistan changed their old players for newer ones, and saw results. ODI rankings are very stable, Pakistan winning the CT was a shock to many people as well as nobody saw it coming.
    Rankings have no bearing on the result of a match. Otherwise the top ranked sides would always win. Rankings only serve to show a sides consistency during the ranking period, otherwise any one of the top eight can beat anyone else on any given day.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rankings have no bearing on the result of a match. Otherwise the top ranked sides would always win. Rankings only serve to show a sides consistency during the ranking period, otherwise any one of the top eight can beat anyone else on any given day.
    Of course they don't. Rankings show consistency over time, not individual matches. I am not sure you know how ODI rankings are made. Scotland beating England doesn't make Scotland no. 1 team, England would pummel Scotland 49 times out of 50.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Of course they don't. Rankings show consistency over time, not individual matches. I am not sure you know how ODI rankings are made. Scotland beating England doesn't make Scotland no. 1 team, England would pummel Scotland 49 times out of 50.
    You are just further driving home my own point. Pakistan is ranked number 1 in T20s due to their consistent performance and are rightfully the best side in the world in the format.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are just further driving home my own point. Pakistan is ranked number 1 in T20s due to their consistent performance and are rightfully the best side in the world in the format.
    When have I ever contested that??

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

Pakistan was expected to thrash England, NZland, Windies in their home? Wow. You do rate us highly. Thanks. Well deserved number 1 one team then.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not a fluke because apart from England and New Zealand, the other teams that we faced were cannon fodder, and we would beat them more often than not.

However, it is a fake ranking - an artificial ranking built on playing too many games against weak opposition.

This record of scoring five 180+ scores on the trot means absolutely nothing. None of the scores came against the bowling attacks of India, South Africa and Australia.
    Since when India had a world class bowling attack and since when South Africa became a good t20i team?

A rather foolish and intentional skewed barometer to discount Pakistan's success in the shortest format.

Indian test ranking is fake - an artificial ranking built on winning in Asia and getting destroyed away.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Test rankings are just as rubbish as T20 rankings. All teams steamroll oppositions at home and get destroyed away.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th June 2018 at 14:01.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez,Pakistan have Greatest ever T20 batting lineup now

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since when India had a world class bowling attack and since when South Africa became a good t20i team?

A rather foolish and intentional skewed barometer to discount Pakistan's success in the shortest format.

Indian test ranking is fake - an artificial ranking built on winning in Asia and getting destroyed away.
    India surely has a world class bowling attack in t20s
    Bumrah, bhuvi are phenomenal t20 bowlers.
    You can check chahal's t20 record. His avg is below 20.
    Its a common trend here to downplay india's bowling.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NZ in NZ is much more potent than SA especially after Morkel retired

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This streak is looking likely to get broken soon

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of result, one of the worst batting innings I’ve seen in a long time.

Absolutely terrible today.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    NZ in NZ is much more potent than SA especially after Morkel retired
    They have a good attack, but the short boundaries helped our batsmen.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Since you stopped watching cricket I guess, because India have had a quality attack for a while.

Bhuvneshwar and Bumrah are very good both in the opening overs as well as the death, and Chahal and Yadav is the best spin duo in Limited Overs cricket at the moment.

In my view, India have the best ODI/T20 bowling attack in the world.

South Africa’s batting is a bit light at the moment, but they are still better than us and have a very good attack.

Pakistan’s batting is very mediocre. Apart from Babar, who is not a great T20 batsman to begin with, none of our batsmen get into any top T20 side.

They have been reduced to 100-5 by a joke bowling attack - Pakistan won’t get anywhere close to the number one ranking if they were to play the likes of India, Australia and South Africa rather than playing numerous matches against weak teams.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since you stopped watching cricket I guess, because India have had a quality attack for a while.

Bhuvneshwar and Bumrah are very good both in the opening overs as well as the death, and Chahal and Yadav is the best spin duo in Limited Overs cricket at the moment.

In my view, India have the best ODI/T20 bowling attack in the world.

South Africa’s batting is a bit light at the moment, but they are still better than us and have a very good attack.

Pakistan’s batting is very mediocre. Apart from Babar, who is not a great T20 batsman to begin with, none of our batsmen get into any top T20 side.

They have been reduced to 100-5 by a joke bowling attack - Pakistan won’t get anywhere close to the number one ranking if they were to play the likes of India, Australia and South Africa rather than playing numerous matches against weak teams.
    How exactly?

They haven't done anything of note in T20Is and their bowling attack is Rabada, Ngidi, Morris, Phelukwayo and Tahir. All average T20 bowlers besides Tahir.

I really don't understand how one could not rank Pakistan as a Top 3 T20 side.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    How exactly?

They haven't done anything of note in T20Is and their bowling attack is Rabada, Ngidi, Morris, Phelukwayo and Tahir. All average T20 bowlers besides Tahir.

Rabada is a top bowler in all formats. Stats are not everything, they make Pakistan look like the best T20 team in the world as well.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    How exactly?

What ?
    Rabada, Ngidi, Morris, Phelulwayo and Tahir is a much better bowling attack than Pakistan's.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    What ?
    Rabada, Ngidi, Morris, Phelulwayo and Tahir is a much better bowling attack than Pakistan's.
    Only on paper.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    What ?
    No way. Amir, Hasan, Shadab, Nawaz and Faheem is better.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have won a t20 series against Sa in Sa last time wee played their .so i don.t think beating Sa is that much difficuilt in t20 series (considering AB is no longer their for Sa)

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a load of rubbish.. this stat means nothing.. the opposition is too weak

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    We have won a t20 series against Sa in Sa last time wee played their .so i don.t think beating Sa is that much difficuilt in t20 series (considering AB is no longer their for Sa)
    World x1 also had 5 SA players. Pakistan will beat all teams if they play a series with them now.

Our batting is underrated too. We have collective best players of spin bowling and in t20s spinners dominate.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know if you look at team sheet we dont have explosive batsmen like Russel, Guptill, Warner etc but if you see 9 out of top 10 rank t20 bowlers are spinners and a batting line with Fakhar, Babar, Talat, Sarfraz and Malik is good enough to score 180+ on batting pitches and 160+ on ok pitches. Thats good enough for our bowling to defend.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suspiring stat. Still have to improve our batting.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In T20’s oppostion does not matter, game can change in span of two overs. Wins are win, credit where its due, well done Pak.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    World x1 also had 5 SA players. Pakistan will beat all teams if they play a series with them now.

Our batting is underrated too. We have collective best players of spin bowling and in t20s spinners dominate.
    Our batting is still not ideal to chase down big total but i have faith in asif ali and fahim they will turn into good hitter for pakistan which we were missing from long time

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let me spell it out, the main purpose of World Cup, to decide who is the best team in the world every four years, it is there for a reason in every sports, not just Cricket. Foot Ball World Cup just started, no body cares who in FIFA no 1 team, incidentally they are not the bookies top favorite either. Everybody is focusing on winning the World Cup

Test Cricket is a whole different beast, main purpose is to see how good you are overseas(specially Asian teams in West and Western teams in Asia), that's how fan judge their team, home wins are not that chest thumping!!

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk