Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 323
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    JW Marriott Dubai fires Atul Kochhar over anti-Islamic tweet to Priyanka Chopra

    ubai chef Atul Kochhar's services with JW Marriott Marquis have been terminated, an official statement released by the hotel chain said.

    JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai today released a termination letter after Kochhar made Islamophobic remarks in response to a tweet posted by Priyanka Chopra.



    Journalist Rana Ayyub shared the official termination letter shared by the hotel chain with her on her Twitter account. (Photo: twitter/RanaAyyub)
    Michelin-star chef Atul Kochhar of the Rang Mahal restaurant at the JW Marriott Marquis hotel received flak after taking a dig at actress Priyanka Chopra for her tweet over a "Quantico" episode that portrayed Hindu nationalists as terrorists, the Khaleej Times reported on Tuesday.

    "It's sad to see that you have not respected the sentiments of Hindus who have been terrorised by Islam over 2,000 years. Shame on You (sic)," Kochhar tweeted on Sunday.




    He later deleted the tweet and put out an apology, saying the "major error" was "made in the heat of the moment on Sunday".

    "There is no justification for my tweet ... I fully recognise my inaccuracies that Islam was founded around 1,400 years ago and I sincerely apologise. I am not Islamophobic, I deeply regret my comments that have offended many," he wrote.




    However, JW Marriott hotel released a statement on Monday and said, "We are aware of the comments made by Chef Atul Kochhar. We would like to stress that we do not share the same views as stated in the remark, nor is it a representation of the culture of diversity and inclusion that we pride ourselves on at the hotel."

    The anti-Islam tweet created a furore on the social media, with Twitterati calling for firing the chef.

    After immense backlash and pressure, the luxury hotel chain has decided to terminate Kochhar's services with the brand.
    Talk about spitting where you eat from. Rightly done by Marriot Dubai, such kind of people should be sent back to their country and not allowed to speak foul stuff and get away with it. He felt so "terrorized" by Muslims that he left his country to move to a muslim country to earn a living selling beef for $
    Last edited by Slim; 13th June 2018 at 13:57.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar things should be done in india.He apologized and Still looks like no mercy to him .
    That's how countries deal . India damages sometimes itself in the name of democracy. Too much freedom to some people to say anything and get away with.
    One anti islam thing you say in any muslim country ,either you wud die or have to left the country. I really appreciate their laws. Rss or bjp are nothing and like school kids infront of them
    Last edited by akki; 13th June 2018 at 14:08.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Isn't this guy based in England? He's been featured regularly on Masterchef panels and is extremely well known here. Someone of his stature should know better, his comments are pathetic and I think there will be repercussions on his career in the UK as a result.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Isn't this guy based in England? He's been featured regularly on Masterchef panels and is extremely well known here. Someone of his stature should know better, his comments are pathetic and I think there will be repercussions on his career in the UK as a result.
    He deserves this.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    599
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Isn't this guy based in England? He's been featured regularly on Masterchef panels and is extremely well known here. Someone of his stature should know better, his comments are pathetic and I think there will be repercussions on his career in the UK as a result.
    Is he a UK national ? Never heard of this guy.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    He deserves this.
    True. At least if he stood by his word, he would get some support back home.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3eye5 View Post
    Is he a UK national ? Never heard of this guy.
    I'm pretty sure he is, might even have his own restaurants, I've seen him on tv a few times. Always seemed such a polite and decent guy, but you can never tell from their public appearances I guess. RSS literature is doing the job, even as far as UK.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,757
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snak3eye5 View Post
    Is he a UK national ? Never heard of this guy.
    Yes he's been over here for decades, he's renowned as the best Asian chef.

    Rightly so, been terminated. He has a typical Indian education it seems - couldn't even get 1 thing right

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    True. At least if he stood by his word, he would get some support back home.
    Why support ? Though may be some idiots would have supported him if he had not apologized , i really dnt like people spreading these sort of messages on social media.
    We indians are known for trolling or teaching lessons online but definately not to say these sort of things...

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Atul Kochhar (born 31 August 1969) is an Indian born, British based chef, restaurateur, and television personality. Atul was the second Indian chef to receive a Michelin star, awarded to Benares restaurant in London in 2007. Kochhar appears on television shows including Masterchef Goes Large and Great British Menu. He is also a regular guest on BBC’s Saturday Kitchen and in 2010 launched his own series: Atul’s Spice Kitchen: Malaysia.

    From Wiki - seems he is based here as I thought, got at least one restaurant called Benares. Thought I had heard of it. You silly boy Atul.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    Yes he's been over here for decades, he's renowned as the best Asian chef.

    Rightly so, been terminated. He has a typical Indian education it seems - couldn't even get 1 thing right
    Typical education like what ? You mean to say all educated indians do these things ? Like all ceo of world top companies or all software engineers all over the world etc etc etc...

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Why support ? Though may be some idiots would have supported him if he had not apologized , i really dnt like people spreading these sort of messages on social media.
    We indians are known for trolling or teaching lessons online but definately not to say these sort of things...
    The problem with us right wingers is that we lack the sophistication in expressing ourselves. The high class liberals can get away with murder because they speak or write well. While we get maligned and dehumanized because we resort to abuses when our vocabulary cannot match our emotions.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    The problem with us right wingers is that we lack the sophistication in expressing ourselves. The high class liberals can get away with murder because they speak or write well. While we get maligned and dehumanized because we resort to abuses when our vocabulary cannot match our emotions.
    You could be right. Atul is the master of adding subtle nuance of flavours and texture to his award winning dishes, yet he blundered like a clumsy oaf with social media graces.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    515
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that Marriott Dubai terminated his services and good that he apologized. Social media is a dangerous tool whichever way you look at it, people get hyper for some reason.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,345
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A shameless guy who got what he deserved. Not because of what he said because he is free to have an issue with Islam. But because despite this innate hate, he went scurrying to an Islamic country to seek its benefits and earn some cash. Would enjoy it if such a guy faced collateral damage in other countries too.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,253
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the proprietor of a pretty well-known Michelin star Indian restaurant in London called Benares. Was meaning to go for quite some time but not anymore.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,753
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Indians live and work in the arabian gulf yet hate Islam and Arabs.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,436
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Always think before you tweet.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    491
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    A lot of Indians live and work in the arabian gulf yet hate Islam and Arabs.
    TBH the way they treat lot of desis and are full of attitude, it will make you hate them a lot and the worst thing is they are blatantly racist and are unapologetic about it. Saw a documentary on ndtv about conditions of Indians and Pakistanis living in gulf and it was heart wrenching they are treated like animals and beaten badly not a pretty side and yet some call them brother.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He is wrong. Not because what he tweeted was wrong(except dates) as things are historically proven. But because you should have loyalty and respect for the people who help you earn your bread. Good that he apologised.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,757
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Typical education like what ? You mean to say all educated indians do these things ? Like all ceo of world top companies or all software engineers all over the world etc etc etc...
    you can e a geo of a top company, yet so many people have these views which makes him uneducated, and this is very typical response from a indian,

    akki lets be honest, he thought he could get some praise from your typical bjp country - he thought his so called celebrity status would give him the green light


    TGK 237.1 owner

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,757
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is wrong. Not because what he tweeted was wrong(except dates) as things are historically proven. But because you should have loyalty and respect for the people who help you earn your bread. Good that he apologised.
    was his apology sincere? be honest, hell no - said it to keep his job, if he replaced islam with pakistan/ pakistani muslims/ terrorism pakistani then no doubt he would have got away with it.

    but he chose the word islam and he lost his job.


    TGK 237.1 owner

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,757
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i am surprised no one has stated this is freedom of speech, well at least from from the Indians


    TGK 237.1 owner

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    you can e a geo of a top company, yet so many people have these views which makes him uneducated, and this is very typical response from a indian,

    akki lets be honest, he thought he could get some praise from your typical bjp country - he thought his so called celebrity status would give him the green light
    I am 101 percent sure he didnt intend to get support from bjp or all. I even dnt know how the hell he got so much courage to say anything like that in muslim country.

    Let me tell you about reality in india ,if we get a job offer especially we engineers from these arab countries. We get atttacted towards money but we really really get afraid to go there and saying anything against them wud be the last thing that can come to our mind.
    Freedom of speech gyi tel lene....

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,575
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needed a lesson to be taught , history lesson. Islam for 2000 years

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    13,565
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is wrong. Not because what he tweeted was wrong(except dates) as things are historically proven. But because you should have loyalty and respect for the people who help you earn your bread. Good that he apologised.
    Please explain How has Islam terrorised Hindus?


    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Please explain How has Islam terrorised Hindus?
    Should we start from Mahmud Ghazni and his raids on Temples of Hindus and continue through Ghori,Aibaks,Khiljis,Tughluqs and Mughals. Then move to modern day persecution of Kashmiri Pandits and the attacks in Mumbai.

    Its a historical fact what muslim invaders did.You can look up neutral sources.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    369
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Similar things should be done in india.He apologized and Still looks like no mercy to him .
    That's how countries deal . India damages sometimes itself in the name of democracy. Too much freedom to some people to say anything and get away with.
    One anti islam thing you say in any muslim country ,either you wud die or have to left the country. I really appreciate their laws. Rss or bjp are nothing and like school kids infront of them
    Lol its funny how you are using this to make RSS look innocent. What does Dubai or their law have to do with this? This doesn't seem to have anything to do with the government.

    The hotel he worked for got bad publicty because of him so they fired him. Don't businesses work like that all over the world?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh the irony.

    Now Indians are boycotting Marriott because they are "restricting freedom of speech"

    Yet were all up in arms over a fictional TV show.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty shocking in that never expected this from Atul. Wathching great British menu and Saturday kitchen ....Who knew that this mild mannered Indian chef would be a closet islamaphobe.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Should we start from Mahmud Ghazni and his raids on Temples of Hindus and continue through Ghori,Aibaks,Khiljis,Tughluqs and Mughals. Then move to modern day persecution of Kashmiri Pandits and the attacks in Mumbai.

    Its a historical fact what muslim invaders did.You can look up neutral sources.
    What about aryans and their enslavement of the native Indians?

    Hindus have been terrorising other Hindus for more than 2000 years...

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,166
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got what he deserved. If he hates the majority religion of the country he lives in then has no right to be there. There is no need to go centuries back here over what did or did not happen then. His so called apology to try to save his job does not blind anyone at all. You do not speak about such things in any working environment without taking a massive risk in today's world where everything is under scrutiny. If he hates Muslim's then return to your Hindu heaven that is India, no problem. With the Priyanka comments of Hindu terrorists framing Muslim's this won't make things any better for them. True, historically Muslim's have done many terrible things in India yet don't forget all those million's of untouchables mostly Hindu's who are treated like garbage by their own people. Atul and his likes should also condemn such things if he is so justice loving. As I say there is no point living in the past, no matter how much Islam and Muslim's are hated we are going nowhere. If non-Muslim's don't like Muslim's then live and work in your own countries, simple.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 14th June 2018 at 00:35.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,127
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Should we start from Mahmud Ghazni and his raids on Temples of Hindus and continue through Ghori,Aibaks,Khiljis,Tughluqs and Mughals. Then move to modern day persecution of Kashmiri Pandits and the attacks in Mumbai.

    Its a historical fact what muslim invaders did.You can look up neutral sources.
    Being a Kashmiri one record I want to set straight here about Kashmiri Pandit’s being persecuted by Kashmiri Muslims is a strategy that the Indian state has been using for last 30 yrs to malign Kashmirs freedom struggle. I really don’t want to go into detail of how and why Kashmiri Pandit’s fled kashmir in early 1990s as it a well established fact now that this was all orchestrated by the governor of the state at that time Jagmohan. Even, if u don’t want to agree on that it’s your prerogative and I would leave it at that ...

    However , there is a different point I want to throw some light on. I suggest you to read some history books on kashmir written by some neutral authors about the history of kashmir that how a minority which barely consisted of not even 10 % of the population used to rule the majority. This is one aspect I have never seen any Kashmiri pandit or Indian Hindu talk about coz this doesn’t support their agenda. If any one was persecuted in kashmir it was the Kashmiri Muslims which were in majority however the 10% of the population used to rule over them. For a start u can read a book by Tandle Bisco on the history of kashmir “ Kashmir in Sunlight and Shade”, there you would how Kashmiri Hindus used to prosecute the majority Kashmiri Muslims ..

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Should we start from Mahmud Ghazni and his raids on Temples of Hindus and continue through Ghori,Aibaks,Khiljis,Tughluqs and Mughals. Then move to modern day persecution of Kashmiri Pandits and the attacks in Mumbai.

    Its a historical fact what muslim invaders did.You can look up neutral sources.
    Muslim Invaders = Islam?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    What about aryans and their enslavement of the native Indians?

    Hindus have been terrorising other Hindus for more than 2000 years...
    Who are the native Indians?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Being a Kashmiri one record I want to set straight here about Kashmiri Pandit’s being persecuted by Kashmiri Muslims is a strategy that the Indian state has been using for last 30 yrs to malign Kashmirs freedom struggle. I really don’t want to go into detail of how and why Kashmiri Pandit’s fled kashmir in early 1990s as it a well established fact now that this was all orchestrated by the governor of the state at that time Jagmohan. Even, if u don’t want to agree on that it’s your prerogative and I would leave it at that ...

    However , there is a different point I want to throw some light on. I suggest you to read some history books on kashmir written by some neutral authors about the history of kashmir that how a minority which barely consisted of not even 10 % of the population used to rule the majority. This is one aspect I have never seen any Kashmiri pandit or Indian Hindu talk about coz this doesn’t support their agenda. If any one was persecuted in kashmir it was the Kashmiri Muslims which were in majority however the 10% of the population used to rule over them. For a start u can read a book by Tandle Bisco on the history of kashmir “ Kashmir in Sunlight and Shade”, there you would how Kashmiri Hindus used to prosecute the majority Kashmiri Muslims ..
    Before i read about that may be you can read about Sikander Butshikan.

    Kashmiri Pandits were killed and persecuted by muslim terrorists and forced to leave the valley. Thats the widely accepted truth. The Jagmohan excuse doesnot was with anyone.

    Even today non muslims are almost 35% of J and K population. So its not 10% either.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Muslim Invaders = Islam?
    Wasnt it all done in the name of islam?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Ohh the irony.

    Now Indians are boycotting Marriott because they are "restricting freedom of speech"

    Yet were all up in arms over a fictional TV show.
    Atul Kocchar said something. Marriott fired him. Indians are reacting to that.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Wasnt it all done in the name of islam?
    You mean the plundering done by Abdalis and Ghazni was done in the name of Islam? You mean these guys who fought against Mughals ( fellow Muslims) did it out of the sake of Islam? Who are you trying to fool here?

    The real terrorism in India was done by the upper caste hindus, who enslaved and tortured and abused the lower caste population whenever they got the chance. And they did it with pure religious legitimacy as Hinduism is all about castes and differences between people.
    Last edited by Slim; 14th June 2018 at 04:32.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    You mean the plundering done by Abdalis and Ghazni was done in the name of Islam? You mean these guys who fought against Mughals ( fellow Muslims) did it out of the sake of Islam? Who are you trying to fool here?

    The real terrorism in India was done by the upper caste hindus, who enslaved and tortured and abused the lower caste population whenever they got the chance. And they did it with pure religious legitimacy as Hinduism is all about castes and differences between people.
    Yes it was done in the name of Islam. These invaders called themselves Ghazis fighting infidels and destroying their idols.

    The court writings of these invaders are full of incidences describing such acts.

    Nice try to muddle the waters. Keep doing it and someone might believe you.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    What about aryans and their enslavement of the native Indians?

    Hindus have been terrorising other Hindus for more than 2000 years...
    What the hell did i just read. Who are native indians ? You dnt say anything which doenst make sense. Aryans making other slaves ? Loll...

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Yes it was done in the name of Islam. These invaders called themselves Ghazis fighting infidels and destroying their idols.

    The court writings of these invaders are full of incidences describing such acts.

    Nice try to muddle the waters. Keep doing it and someone might believe you.
    Do you think the crusades and Maha Bhartiya were acts of terrorism as well?

    Since when Mughals became infidels? What are you on about, man.

    The only one trying to muddle water is you ignoring the fact that Hindu history is filled with caste based prejudicial killings and acts of terrorism.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Do you think the crusades and Maha Bhartiya were acts of terrorism as well?

    Since when Mughals became infidels? What are you on about, man.

    The only one trying to muddle water is you ignoring the fact that Hindu history is filled with caste based prejudicial killings and acts of terrorism.
    A single place on earth where hindus terrrorize other civilization or any other country ? India never invaded others .
    When you invade some country,you got to change their scriptures.,change their history to manupulate the coming generation by making them ignorant about their civilization.
    A olace where world best religions like budhism ,sikhism,jainism or hinduism took birth cannot teach discrimination against anyone.
    Caste system was based on occupation nad never on birth ,but sadly it got exploited by unknown reasons.
    Anyway havr mercy atleast on your great grand oarents ,dnt know under which circumstance they had to convert.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,127
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Before i read about that may be you can read about Sikander Butshikan.

    Kashmiri Pandits were killed and persecuted by muslim terrorists and forced to leave the valley. Thats the widely accepted truth. The Jagmohan excuse doesnot was with anyone.

    Even today non muslims are almost 35% of J and K population. So its not 10% either.
    I was expecting the same kind of reply from you that the Muslims of kashmir like other Muslims of Sub continent were allegedly forcefully converted to Islam which is the most convenient route any Hindu can take coz it relieves them of any flaws that they have in their religion due to which hindus convert to other religions.
    And about Kashmiri Hindus and bhuddists been forcefully converted to Islam by the Muslims rulers of kashmir. Well, I can tell you about my forefathers that they were not forcefully converted. But, I wonder why couldn’t the Hindu rulers convert those forced converts back into Hinduism once they got the chance from the Brit’s to rule over kashmir? I have not heard or read of a single convert to Islam who converted back to his or her own or their fore fathers original religion.

    And about 10 % vs 90% I was referring to population ratio of kashmir pre partition of India.

    About Sikandar Butshikan, what ever we know about him is the narrative of the Hindus and the Muslims of kashmir of his era would obviously have a different perspective.

    Tyndale Biscoe is a neutral historian of kashmir and his book on the history of kashmir along with Walter Lawerence’s book “ the viel of kashmir “ commonly known as “the history of kashmir” are the 2 books considered to be the most authentic books on the history of kashmir and both these people lived in kashmir for years and years while they wrote these books unlike some of the self claimed historians who could only lay accusations in their books most probably written from their cosy drawing rooms.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th June 2018 at 08:52.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    2,127
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    A single place on earth where hindus terrrorize other civilization or any other country ? India never invaded others .
    When you invade some country,you got to change their scriptures.,change their history to manupulate the coming generation by making them ignorant about their civilization.
    A olace where world best religions like budhism ,sikhism,jainism or hinduism took birth cannot teach discrimination against anyone.
    Caste system was based on occupation nad never on birth ,but sadly it got exploited by unknown reasons.
    Anyway havr mercy atleast on your great grand oarents ,dnt know under which circumstance they had to convert.
    There was nothing called India before brits occupied it..

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Do you think the crusades and Maha Bhartiya were acts of terrorism as well?

    Since when Mughals became infidels? What are you on about, man.

    The only one trying to muddle water is you ignoring the fact that Hindu history is filled with caste based prejudicial killings and acts of terrorism.
    What is Mahabhartiya?

    Who called Mughals Infidels? All of them used to call themselves ghazis.

    Hindus involved in acts of terrorism? You mean in Quantico?

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    There was nothing called India before brits occupied it..
    Tell that to the greeks. Megasthenes in his book Indica referred to the area as India. Arabs as Hindustan and the natives as Bharat Varsha.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    What the hell did i just read. Who are native indians ? You dnt say anything which doenst make sense. Aryans making other slaves ? Loll...
    When the aryans pitched up... was it an empty vast land?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    I was expecting the same kind of reply from you that the Muslims of kashmir like other Muslims of Sub continent were allegedly forcefully converted to Islam which is the most convenient route any Hindu can take coz it relieves them of any flaws that they have in their religion due to which hindus convert to other religions.
    And about Kashmiri Hindus and bhuddists been forcefully converted to Islam by the Muslims rulers of kashmir. Well, I can tell you about my forefathers that they were not forcefully converted. But, I wonder why couldn’t the Hindu rulers convert those forced converts back into Hinduism once they got the chance from the Brit’s to rule over kashmir? I have not heard or read of a single convert to Islam who converted back to his or her own or their fore fathers original religion.

    And about 10 % vs 90% I was referring to population ratio of kashmir pre partition of India.

    About Sikandar Butshikan, what ever we know about him is the narrative of the Hindus and the Muslims of kashmir of his era would obviously have a different perspective.

    Tyndale Biscoe is a neutral historian of kashmir and his book on the history of kashmir along with Walter Lawerence’s book “ the viel of kashmir “ commonly known as “the history of kashmir” are the 2 books considered to be the most authentic books on the history of kashmir and both these people lived in kashmir for years and years while they wrote these books unlike some of the self claimed historians who could only lay accusations in their books most probably written from their cosy drawing rooms.
    History speaks of the atrocities of Muslim rulers of Kashmir. Deny that history but that wont change it.

    There is no concept of conversion in Hinduism. So no question of converting anyone back.

    Pick up a few neutral historians on Sikander Butshikan. Ofcourse the perspective of muslims of Kashmir will be different as seen in their dealings with Pandits.

    Tyndale Biscoe and Walter Lawrence are historians? Lawrence was British officer to court of Dogra kings. The work of these court reps was to undermine the authorities of the ruling kings and project them in a poor light so that Crown could take over them.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    When the aryans pitched up... was it an empty vast land?
    Who are the native Indians?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,871
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    He got what he deserved. If he hates the majority religion of the country he lives in then has no right to be there. There is no need to go centuries back here over what did or did not happen then. His so called apology to try to save his job does not blind anyone at all. You do not speak about such things in any working environment without taking a massive risk in today's world where everything is under scrutiny. If he hates Muslim's then return to your Hindu heaven that is India, no problem. With the Priyanka comments of Hindu terrorists framing Muslim's this won't make things any better for them. True, historically Muslim's have done many terrible things in India yet don't forget all those million's of untouchables mostly Hindu's who are treated like garbage by their own people. Atul and his likes should also condemn such things if he is so justice loving. As I say there is no point living in the past, no matter how much Islam and Muslim's are hated we are going nowhere. If non-Muslim's don't like Muslim's then live and work in your own countries, simple.

    Pretty much sums it up.. Hindus are quick to blame Muslims but forget Hindus right amongst each other more than anyone else.. More than religion it’s caste that are dominant in India (atleast the Hindi belt).. First fix your own house before blaming others but unfortunately people here don’t fix their own house but blame others..

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Pretty shocking in that never expected this from Atul. Wathching great British menu and Saturday kitchen ....Who knew that this mild mannered Indian chef would be a closet islamaphobe.
    He might well have been a decent guy who has fallen for the nonsense which is spread by the RSS brigade which is very vocal in social media. Fake news is used quite deliberately by mischief making activists, and his 2000 year comment does suggest he's not that well informed.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,743
    Mentioned
    4782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Let's not whitewash history. The atrocities of Muslim invaders in the Indian subcontinent have been well-documented. I don't want to derail this topic by going into too much detail, so I will only provide a very brief overview.

    Muslims had no business invading other nations and were no different to the neocon Americans who believe in their supremacy. The narrative that we have been sold over the generations of how the Muslims conquerers saved us from tyrannical non-Muslims rulers couldn't be further from the truth.

    There is a good reason why Sindhis do not like the Arabs. The ignorant people here should read Chach Nama, the actual history of Sindh, penned by Sindhis in Sindhi.

    When Muhammad bin Qasim invaded Sindh and usurped Raja Dahir, the last Hindu ruler of Sindh and our real hero, his daughter took revenged by tying him up and stitching him in the carcasses of a bull. He was dragged along the scorching desert of Sindh and he was baked inside the bull, which served the purpose of an oven.

    He was then shipped to Syria. This was the fate of the Muslim invader whom we now consider a hero who played a big role in the liberation and enlightenment of South Asia.

    Another grave fact is that origination of Sati, i.e. the practice of Hindu women burning themselves after the death of their husbands. When Muslims invaders butchered Hindu men, they would rape the women. In order to protect their dignity, the women were left with no choice but to take their own lives.

    This is why Sati was common in North-West India, and virtually unheard of in the South because Muslims invaders failed in the South. However, history has been re-written and in order to hide their atrocities, Muslims now paint a different narrative and argue that the practice of Sati was deep-rooted in India long before Muslims arrived, even though, the historical proofs do not back their false claims.

    History is ugly, it always is. History of Muslims and their conquests is no different to any other empire, who committed all the atrocities that they were capable of to have their way. It is a fact that Muslims have tortured and oppressed Hindus, and it is bitter truth about our history that we should accept and not hide.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Who are the native Indians?
    The answer is already there.

    The people who were living there before the aryans pitched up. Unless you think that the aryans were the first settlers?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Let's not whitewash history. The atrocities of Muslim invaders in the Indian subcontinent have been well-documented. I don't want to derail this topic by going into too much detail, so I will only provide a very brief overview.

    Muslims had no business invading other nations and were no different to the neocon Americans who believe in their supremacy. The narrative that we have been sold over the generations of how the Muslims conquerers saved us from tyrannical non-Muslims rulers couldn't be further from the truth.

    There is a good reason why Sindhis do not like the Arabs. The ignorant people here should read Chach Nama, the actual history of Sindh, penned by Sindhis in Sindhi.

    When Muhammad bin Qasim invaded Sindh and usurped Raja Dahir, the last Hindu ruler of Sindh and our real hero, his daughter took revenged by tying him up and stitching him in the carcasses of a bull. He was dragged along the scorching desert of Sindh and he was baked inside the bull, which served the purpose of an oven.

    He was then shipped to Syria. This was the fate of the Muslim invader whom we now consider a hero who played a big role in the liberation and enlightenment of South Asia.

    Another grave fact is that origination of Sati, i.e. the practice of Hindu women burning themselves after the death of their husbands. When Muslims invaders butchered Hindu men, they would rape the women. In order to protect their dignity, the women were left with no choice but to take their own lives.

    This is why Sati was common in North-West India, and virtually unheard of in the South because Muslims invaders failed in the South. However, history has been re-written and in order to hide their atrocities, Muslims now paint a different narrative and argue that the practice of Sati was deep-rooted in India long before Muslims arrived, even though, the historical proofs do not back their false claims.

    History is ugly, it always is. History of Muslims and their conquests is no different to any other empire, who committed all the atrocities that they were capable of to have their way. It is a fact that Muslims have tortured and oppressed Hindus, and it is bitter truth about our history that we should accept and not hide.
    You have taken boot licking to next level in your post.
    Sati as a result if Islam? What utter rubbish. Is that why Ranjit Singh's wives committed Sati?

    Stop talking sh1t just because it seems logical in your head.

    Islam in malabar region of south India... has been thriving since the 7th century. You can't go any south than that!!

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    855
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You have taken boot licking to next level in your post.
    Sati as a result if Islam? What utter rubbish. Is that why Ranjit Singh's wives committed Sati?

    Stop talking sh1t just because it seems logical in your head.

    Islam in malabar region of south India... has been thriving since the 7th century. You can't go any south than that!!
    The fact he passed that ridiculous old wives tale from Chach Nama story as the legitimate version actually made me

    Always game for a laugh.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    212
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an Indian saying about not making a ched in the thali in which you are eating.
    As someone who hates bigots ,I kind of hope this is not the worst he goes through.
    It's interesting that BJP supporters don't care about him serving beef.
    It's almost as if it was an excuse for murdering Muslims.

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    355
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    He got what he deserved. If he hates the majority religion of the country he lives in then has no right to be there. There is no need to go centuries back here over what did or did not happen then. His so called apology to try to save his job does not blind anyone at all. You do not speak about such things in any working environment without taking a massive risk in today's world where everything is under scrutiny. If he hates Muslim's then return to your Hindu heaven that is India, no problem.
    Wow, so a lot of people should go out of India according to your logic. That's stupid and you ought to apologize...

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,678
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ignorant fool spreading hate against Muslims

    There is a certain poster here spreading lies and hate against Islam. Just beware, don't believe his lies.

    The man got deep rooted mental issues. Hopefully, he will solve them soon.

  60. #60
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,521
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Let's not whitewash history. The atrocities of Muslim invaders in the Indian subcontinent have been well-documented. I don't want to derail this topic by going into too much detail, so I will only provide a very brief overview.

    Muslims had no business invading other nations and were no different to the neocon Americans who believe in their supremacy. The narrative that we have been sold over the generations of how the Muslims conquerers saved us from tyrannical non-Muslims rulers couldn't be further from the truth.

    There is a good reason why Sindhis do not like the Arabs. The ignorant people here should read Chach Nama, the actual history of Sindh, penned by Sindhis in Sindhi.

    When Muhammad bin Qasim invaded Sindh and usurped Raja Dahir, the last Hindu ruler of Sindh and our real hero, his daughter took revenged by tying him up and stitching him in the carcasses of a bull. He was dragged along the scorching desert of Sindh and he was baked inside the bull, which served the purpose of an oven.

    He was then shipped to Syria. This was the fate of the Muslim invader whom we now consider a hero who played a big role in the liberation and enlightenment of South Asia.

    Another grave fact is that origination of Sati, i.e. the practice of Hindu women burning themselves after the death of their husbands. When Muslims invaders butchered Hindu men, they would rape the women. In order to protect their dignity, the women were left with no choice but to take their own lives.

    This is why Sati was common in North-West India, and virtually unheard of in the South because Muslims invaders failed in the South. However, history has been re-written and in order to hide their atrocities, Muslims now paint a different narrative and argue that the practice of Sati was deep-rooted in India long before Muslims arrived, even though, the historical proofs do not back their false claims.

    History is ugly, it always is. History of Muslims and their conquests is no different to any other empire, who committed all the atrocities that they were capable of to have their way. It is a fact that Muslims have tortured and oppressed Hindus, and it is bitter truth about our history that we should accept and not hide.
    Your Hindutva dialogues might have more credence if you were as critical of other empires as you are the Islamic, but your diatribes are saved solely for Islam and Pakistan, the country which you allegedly hail from and who's allegiance you laughably claim. Your unlikely story about Sindh seems like little more than an attempt to excuse the Hindu chef, which is fairly standard diversionary tactic .

    He got sacked, apologised, get over it.
    Last edited by Cpt. Rishwat; 14th June 2018 at 14:04.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,827
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You have taken boot licking to next level in your post.
    Sati as a result if Islam? What utter rubbish. Is that why Ranjit Singh's wives committed Sati?

    Stop talking sh1t just because it seems logical in your head.

    Islam in malabar region of south India... has been thriving since the 7th century. You can't go any south than that!!
    Actually Mamoon is right. The sati was originated there. I wouldn't say that it was Muslim invaders due to whom the tradition got started but the fact of the matter was, wars were ugly and the Victors were always ruthless in demolishing the opposite including killing the hereditary linkages to the last king.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Actually Mamoon is right. The sati was originated there. I wouldn't say that it was Muslim invaders due to whom the tradition got started but the fact of the matter was, wars were ugly and the Victors were always ruthless in demolishing the opposite including killing the hereditary linkages to the last king.
    Not sati, but jauhar (mass suicide).

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,650
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s never a “faith” that’s at fault, always “some” of the followers of that faith that do something and then it becomes politicized.

    The kings of some Muslim kingdoms had the power and ambition to attack India and rule the country... how’s that make Islam at fault?

    That’s like holding all whites or British responsible for colonizing more than half the world. It’s not their fault.. just fault of some of them..

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It has become a crime to mention the hindu holocaust.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You have taken boot licking to next level in your post.
    Sati as a result if Islam? What utter rubbish. Is that why Ranjit Singh's wives committed Sati?

    Stop talking sh1t just because it seems logical in your head.

    Islam in malabar region of south India... has been thriving since the 7th century. You can't go any south than that!!
    Lord Rama's father King Dasarath had 3 wives. None committed Sati. Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one.

    Chittorgarh has three recorded history of Mass Sati.Called Jauhar. Do you know why?

    Do you deny that in Islam women of the vanquished are allowed to be kept as sex slaves? Is that wrong?

    Yes Kerala was the 1st place in the subcontinent where Islam arrived through Arab traders. But there were no battles or mass conversions.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,650
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lord Rama's father King Dasarath had 3 wives. None committed Sati. Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one.

    Chittorgarh has three recorded history of Mass Sati.Called Jauhar. Do you know why?

    Do you deny that in Islam women of the vanquished are allowed to be kept as sex slaves? Is that wrong?

    Yes Kerala was the 1st place in the subcontinent where Islam arrived through Arab traders. But there were no battles or mass conversions.
    It IS wrong. You need to check your facts. Can you find me any quote from the Quran or the legacy of our Prophet, referred to as Sunnah, which backs your claim? Once again you are using the actions of Muslim conquerors to pass judgment on Islam.

    Bear in mind some of these conquerors drank alcohol and kept concubines... ALL UNISLAMIC ACTIONS..

    Hindus have been brainwashed to hate Islam because of the actions of their conquerors just because they happened to be so called Muslims!

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Your Hindutva dialogues might have more credence if you were as critical of other empires as you are the Islamic, but your diatribes are saved solely for Islam and Pakistan, the country which you allegedly hail from and who's allegiance you laughably claim. Your unlikely story about Sindh seems like little more than an attempt to excuse the Hindu chef, which is fairly standard diversionary tactic .

    He got sacked, apologised, get over it.
    You are correct that other empires which forced upon mass religious conversions through sword should be equally criticised. But to do so there should be some significant number from the original religion to be alive.

    Unfortunately hardly anyone follows the original religion and culture in the Americas where people were converted by force in many cases. Thats one of the comparable examples with the subcontinent. But in the SC Hindus survived in large numbers and hence they raise this historical fact.

    Every empire has done various acts of violence but in the subcontinent religion related violence was done by the muslim invaders. The europeans did the same in Americas. The jews were persecuted as a religion as well.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    It IS wrong. You need to check your facts. Can you find me any quote from the Quran or the legacy of our Prophet, referred to as Sunnah, which backs your claim? Once again you are using the actions of Muslim conquerors to pass judgment on Islam.

    Bear in mind some of these conquerors drank alcohol and kept concubines... ALL UNISLAMIC ACTIONS..

    Hindus have been brainwashed to hate Islam because of the actions of their conquerors just because they happened to be so called Muslims!
    Do you think a hindu will go and read the Quran to verify if the oppressors were acting according to the book or not? All he sees is that the muslim conquerors razed his temples and committed hindu holocaust, and they are seen as islamic heroes for fellow muslims. What is he supposed to make of it then?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    It IS wrong. You need to check your facts. Can you find me any quote from the Quran or the legacy of our Prophet, referred to as Sunnah, which backs your claim? Once again you are using the actions of Muslim conquerors to pass judgment on Islam.

    Bear in mind some of these conquerors drank alcohol and kept concubines... ALL UNISLAMIC ACTIONS..

    Hindus have been brainwashed to hate Islam because of the actions of their conquerors just because they happened to be so called Muslims!
    People will judge on basis of actions. How many will read the holy Quran and the Hadiths? How many will actually care what Prophet(Pbuh) actually taught?

    Yes you are correct that many if these invaders were alcoholic. Babarnama mentions that Babar pour all alcohol on tye ground before the battle of Khanwa to rally the troops in the name of islam.

    Regarding the sex slaves issue, i have read that its allowed by some posts on PP as well.

    My posts were in relation to the action of the muslim invaders, i meant no disrespect to Islam or The Prophet(Pbuh) and Allah(SWT). I apologise if it came across as such.

    But there is no denying the heinous actions of these invaders.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,564
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lord Rama's father King Dasarath had 3 wives. None committed Sati. Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one.

    Chittorgarh has three recorded history of Mass Sati.Called Jauhar. Do you know why?

    Do you deny that in Islam women of the vanquished are allowed to be kept as sex slaves? Is that wrong?

    Yes Kerala was the 1st place in the subcontinent where Islam arrived through Arab traders. But there were no battles or mass conversions.
    You are confounding two things, which are not the same. Jauhar and Sati.

    Let's just focus on this line from your post:

    "Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one"

    What it should be, because it means this:

    "Infact Ramayan or Mahabharata has one instance of Sati"

    You just basically admitted that this practice predates Islam by thousands of years.

    I rest my case.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,650
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Do you think a hindu will go and read the Quran to verify if the oppressors were acting according to the book or not? All he sees is that the muslim conquerors razed his temples and committed hindu holocaust, and they are seen as islamic heroes for fellow muslims. What is he supposed to make of it then?
    The typical argument of the illiterate! Conquests in this world are all based on political interests. ALWAYS! This is not a debate.. it is a FACT!

    You can blame aliens for all I care... it doesn’t change the truth! Hindus can believe whatever they want to believe, but the moment some idiot like this chef spouts such garbage .... and it’s politicised again.. guess who loses? 😎

    I am just saying that now for your benefit, because holding a faith and all it’s folowers responsible for what some rulers did years ago is only detrimental to your national unity when you have millions of followers of that faith in your country!

  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You are confounding two things, which are not the same. Jauhar and Sati.

    Let's just focus on this line from your post:

    "Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one"

    What it should be, because it means this:

    "Infact Ramayan or Mahabharata has one instance of Sati"

    You just basically admitted that this practice predates Islam by thousands of years.

    I rest my case.
    You could have easily said that hindus were killing hindus before muslim invaders arrived to kill them, so you can rest your case there.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    There was nothing called India before brits occupied it..
    India was here since centuries.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    When the aryans pitched up... was it an empty vast land?
    Who were tge native indians . Were they hindu ? Who were they. There is nothing like aryans. From where aryans cane ? Who were they ? Who destroyed whom ?
    You guys logics are as poor as it can be.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    The typical argument of the illiterate! Conquests in this world are all based on political interests. ALWAYS! This is not a debate.. it is a FACT!

    You can blame aliens for all I care... it doesn’t change the truth! Hindus can believe whatever they want to believe, but the moment some idiot like this chef spouts such garbage .... and it’s politicised again.. guess who loses? ��

    I am just saying that now for your benefit, because holding a faith and all it’s folowers responsible for what some rulers did years ago is only detrimental to your national unity when you have millions of followers of that faith in your country!
    I was explaining why the faith of the invaders matters, even though they may not be strict adherents of their faith.

    You have no issue when these muslim invaders are seen as islamic heroes, but you have an issue if they are seen as islamic oppressors.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    You could have easily said that hindus were killing hindus before muslim invaders arrived to kill them, so you can rest your case there.
    Muslims has been killing muslims as well drom the start of their religion till now,so should be go to their countties and kill them ,because we can jistify this loll

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Who were tge native indians . Were they hindu ? Who were they. There is nothing like aryans. From where aryans cane ? Who were they ? Who destroyed whom ?
    You guys logics are as poor as it can be.
    His logic is that the muslims have been killing muslims, so no need to blame america or israel if they kill some.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,650
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    I was explaining why the faith of the invaders matters, even though they may not be strict adherents of their faith.

    You have no issue when these muslim invaders are seen as islamic heroes, but you have an issue if they are seen as islamic oppressors.
    I don’t see them as Islamic heroes at all... who said I did?

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,820
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I don’t see them as Islamic heroes at all... who said I did?
    I am not talking about you. But many do. Do you protest when you see them honored as islamic heroes?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,109
    Mentioned
    1382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You are confounding two things, which are not the same. Jauhar and Sati.

    Let's just focus on this line from your post:

    "Infact neither Ramayan or Mahabharata has any instance of Sati bar one"

    What it should be, because it means this:

    "Infact Ramayan or Mahabharata has one instance of Sati"

    You just basically admitted that this practice predates Islam by thousands of years.

    I rest my case.
    Jauhar is Mass Sati. Its one and the same.

    Ramayana has no instance of Sati.

    Mahabharata has one instance where the wife of King Pandu commits suicide by jumping into her husbands pyre as she was responsible for his death. The other wife of King Pandu continued to live. So there was no Sati per se but suicide.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •