Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

UK to get first Sharia Airline

London-based Kazi Rahman used to work cleaning plane toilets, but now has his sights set on becoming the "halal Richard Branson" by launching his own airline

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/641264...uslim-airline/
    A similar experiment in Malaysia failed recently -> http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...rline-launched

I don't understand why they have to explicitly call it a "Sharia Airline" - it will only serve to drive non-Muslims away. In this day and age, an airline - start-up or established needs all the pax it can get, so feel free to not serve pork, booze, etc. but just don't say it out loud - some gullible customers won't know until they board the flights...at least the first time.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Seen businesses like this started up before based more on idealism rather than financial sense. It will bomb, I think most Muslim passengers just want to get from A to B, not really bothered what the hostesses are wearing or serving. Crap idea.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You say that itís going to drive non-Muslims away but itís most probably going to drive away many Muslims as well, because I probably wouldnít fly with that airline.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Noble gesture. Respect from my side.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure he has a very good business acumen. Forget whether this airline will sell tickets, What was the point of buying a 60k a month airplane before he even had a contract with an airport.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dumb idea. There are many airlines you can use which dont serve alcohol or pork.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why not just donít buy alcohol or pork if itís on the menu / trolley ?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Why not just donít buy alcohol or pork if itís on the menu / trolley ?
    Tbf many Muslims would feel uncomforatble if they are surrounded by drunk people in a tight space up in the air. As for Pork if its cold it shouldn't be a problem but if its hot, I find the smell revolting so again people will feel uncomforatble.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will go the way of the Mecca Colas, Sharia dating sites and other marketing gimmicks. Don't think the people who come up with this have religion in mind, just a way to make a quick buck.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Tbf many Muslims would feel uncomforatble if they are surrounded by drunk people in a tight space up in the air. As for Pork if its cold it shouldn't be a problem but if its hot, I find the smell revolting so again people will feel uncomforatble.
    I have taken hundreds of flights and never witnessed a drunk passenger on a flight, most pilots will not allow intoxicated people board their planes anyway. Maybe drunks on planes is a british thing.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total scam.

@Gilly.... holiday flights. Brits have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 14th June 2018 at 11:51.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Are drunk people on planes a common sight on British flights.

Never saw a drunk person in Pakistani and UAE airlines but even on American Airlines. Some people have a glass of wine or beer at max.

Idea is doomed from the beginning. Apart from halal eateries and catered financial products in iislamic countries, Never has a mass product specially catered to a religion worked in my experience be it Mecca Cola or Muslim Facebook

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

Never saw a drunk person in Pakistani and UAE airlines but even on American Airlines. Some people have a glass of wine or beer at max.

Idea is doomed from the beginning. Apart from halal eateries and catered financial products in iislamic countries, Never has a mass product specially catered to a religion worked in my experience be it Mecca Cola or Muslim Facebook
    Just finished watching the documentary.... it's just a scam. He's using it as a gimmick to raise money and spending other peoples money that he already has, once that runs out, so will this.

I wouldn't hire him to run a shop ... he seemed quite underhanded despite having outward veneer of religiousity.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many Muslim's look upon watching TV as being outlawed as well in Islam so no entertainment in his flights? Hope the air stewardesses won't be in burkha's!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So basically it is going to be a airline that does not cater to the general public and is designed to exclude anyone that is not muslim.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    So basically it is going to be a airline that does not cater to the general public and is designed to exclude anyone that is not muslim.
    No. It would be designed for Muslim people with non Muslim's most welcome providing they agree to the rules. Much like a halal restaurant where only those will visit who want halal food irrespective of faith. Many non Muslim's love halal food as well

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    No. It would be designed for Muslim people with non Muslim's most welcome providing they agree to the rules. Much like a halal restaurant where only those will visit who want halal food irrespective of faith. Many non Muslim's love halal food as well
    So you are welcome on these flights as long as you accept that you must obey muslim rules and give up your rights.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are welcome on these flights as long as you accept that you must obey muslim rules and give up your rights.
    Alcohol and pork in a private airline is a right? Not getting your favorite food or drink in an airline doesn't count as giving up your rights.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give up your rights? Eh?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Alcohol and pork in a private airline is a right? Not getting your favorite food or drink in an airline doesn't count as giving up your rights.
    So I could take my own alcohol or pork on the plane then?. What about dress code do I have the right to wear what I want?.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give up your rights? Eh?
    Depends what you consider rights James, if I owned a shopping centre in England do I have the right to prevent women wearing Hijabs from entering?.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends what you consider rights James, if I owned a shopping centre in England do I have the right to prevent women wearing Hijabs from entering?.
    In my view, no one does not have that right.

Bacon and booze though? Surely one can go without those things for at least a 7-hour flight?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In my view, no one does not have that right.

Bacon and booze though? Surely one can go without those things for at least a 7-hour flight?
    Gets a little confusing now doesent it when you bend the rules here and there to appease one group.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So I could take my own alcohol or pork on the plane then?. What about dress code do I have the right to wear what I want?.
    It's a private enterprise. The solution is very easy. You do not pay for their services and take your business elsewhere

#MPGA

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's a private enterprise. The solution is very easy. You do not pay for their services and take your business elsewhere
    So I would have the right to refuse entry to someone wearing a hijab because its a private enterprise and they can take their bussiness elsewhere.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I would have the right to refuse entry to someone wearing a hijab because its a private enterprise and they can take their bussiness elsewhere.
    Wearing hijab comes under religious rights which is protected in most constitutions.Is someone infringing on someone's fundamental rights by not offering pork and drinks?

The Hijab comparsion makes no sense. A better comparsion would be with Halal Food. Most airplanes don't offer Halal food, how is that any differnet to this airline not offering pork?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has become so awkward and quiet

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gets a little confusing now doesent it when you bend the rules here and there to appease one group.
    How are the rules being bend? I don't know much about UK rules/regulations, is it compulsory to offer bacon/drinks in a flight? What rules are being bend to accommodate this airline?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How are the rules being bend? I don't know much about UK rules/regulations, is it compulsory to offer bacon/drinks in a flight? What rules are being bend to accommodate this airline?
    Ok so this airline has introduced a dress code to comply with muslim religious beliefs which discriminates against non muslims and they have to conform to muslim requirements.

A shop owner cannot introduce a dress code that discriminates against muslims and requires them to conform.

Explain the difference.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Furthermore he will only hire female staff that will wear the hijab, is that discrimination can a business person refuse to hire someone that wears the hijab?.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing hijab comes under religious rights which is protected in most constitutions.Is someone infringing on someone's fundamental rights by not offering pork and drinks?

The Hijab comparsion makes no sense. A better comparsion would be with Halal Food. Most airplanes don't offer Halal food, how is that any differnet to this airline not offering pork?
    Hypocrisy in this post is.... I have no words for it to be honest.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Hypocrisy in this post is.... I have no words for it to be honest.
    Please point out the hypocrisy. Hijab is religious clothing and comes under religious rights while pork/drinks don't. I would crticisize the owner if he stopped people from wearing a Kippah,turban, or any other religious symbols.

Like i said most airlines don't have Halal food, how is this any differnet?

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please point out the hypocrisy. Hijab is religious clothing and comes under religious rights while pork/drinks don't. I would crticisize the owner if he stopped people from wearing a Kippah,turban, or any other religious symbols.

Like i said most airlines don't have Halal food, how is this any differnet?
    Will he only employ muslim cabin staff and discriminate against non muslims, would you be OK with that.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furthermore he will only hire female staff that will wear the hijab, is that discrimination can a business person refuse to hire someone that wears the hijab?.
    Many restaurants/stores have dress code for woman employees which require them to wear short skirts and high heels. If a woman for religious/moral reasons refuses to wear those things then they wouldn't get the job. Similarly this job has Hijab as part of the uniform, not very differnet to a restaurant having skirts or high heels as part of their uniform.

If this guy doesn't allow his workers to wear other religions clothing/symbols then that's wrong. If he only hires Muslim woman that wear the hijab then that is is an issue as well. Having Hijab as part of the uniform is not the same as only hiring Hijabis.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he only employ muslim cabin staff and discriminate against non muslims, would you be OK with that.
    Like i said in my earlier post, if he only hires Muslims then that's wrong and possibly illegal as well.

Anyways i doubt this airline would ever start and even if it does, it won't last long. There is no market for it.
    Last edited by El Generico; 14th June 2018 at 05:50.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an idea doomed to fail.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have taken hundreds of flights and never witnessed a drunk passenger on a flight, most pilots will not allow intoxicated people board their planes anyway. Maybe drunks on planes is a british thing.

It does depend on the airline and destination but yes it's not uncommon to see drunk passengers behaving foolishly on planes. The lower budget airlines are worse esp if the destinations include holiday resorts. I was on a flight to Amsterdam a few months ago, three or four lads couldn't handle their beer and were being loud.

Even if most people drink quietly, many Muslims may not want the smell of alcohol near them. If someone has wine or beer and is sat next to you, the smell can be strong.

Plenty of airlines which cater mostly for Muslim customers dont serve alcohol.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the 'Punjabi' airline some clown in the UK started a few years ago. They were planning to connect London and Birmingham to Amritsar in India, serving Punjabi cuisine on board and what not. They lasted exactly a week.
    This halal airline ain't gonna get off the ground.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Seen businesses like this started up before based more on idealism rather than financial sense. It will bomb, I think most Muslim passengers just want to get from A to B, not really bothered what the hostesses are wearing or serving. Crap idea.
    Its just business. As long as fares are competitive.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It does depend on the airline and destination but yes it's not uncommon to see drunk passengers behaving foolishly on planes. The lower budget airlines are worse esp if the destinations include holiday resorts. I was on a flight to Amsterdam a few months ago, three or four lads couldn't handle their beer and were being loud.

Even if most people drink quietly, many Muslims may not want the smell of alcohol near them. If someone has wine or beer and is sat next to you, the smell can be strong.

Plenty of airlines which cater mostly for Muslim customers dont serve alcohol.
    So what would be the deal, if you have a ticket but have a few quiet drinks at the airport then board the plane they can kick you off for smelling like alcohol.

Imagine the outrage if someone didnt want to sit next to someone who smelt like curry.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    In a way it's a shame this venture is likely to tank, it would have provided much potential for PP outrage over clothing and diet restrictions for a few years if it (literally) got off the ground.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol what a dumb idea. I got a better suggestion and if you really want to act as a good Muslim then start up a flight for less fortunate people with minimal rates. Flights these days are ridiculously expensive, help out your brothers and humanity

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Every place has certain rules. In all public places there are many things people can not do. If you don't like it then stay away.