Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Positive attributes of Ahmed Shehzad, the opener

- Has Swagger (albeit minus performances for now)

- Is very fit, it is clear he takes his fitness very seriously behind the scenes and puts the work in

- Is an excellent fielder and it is clear he works hard on his fielding

- Unlike Umar Akmal I believe he has now changed his behavior behind the scenes and is trying to adapt to Mickey's regime

Any other points which can be brain stormed?

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - he is a brilliant actor

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    - he is a brilliant actor
    indeed he is a brilliant actor which means all of the points in OP are meaningless since this guy is a known actor

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2058 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Drop dead gorgeous.

While in the Pavilion after getting out for a scratchy 15

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you miss the greatest quality of Shazhad, which is not involving in any fixing activities when all of the world is doing so?

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-Ahmed-Shehzad

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    He works hard and is eager to do well. However, he hasnt been able to translate that into performances on the pitch, and that is why I think he is still in the team.

Professional coaches like Mickey back themselves to improve lost players like Shehzad. Someone who is working hard on his game and has also improved his attitude.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the worst batsman in world cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He works hard and is eager to do well. However, he hasn’t been able to translate that into performances on the pitch, and that is why I think he is still in the team.

Professional coaches like Mickey back themselves to improve lost players like Shehzad. Someone who is working hard on his game and has also improved his attitude.
    I think he is short of confidence, in an interview once when an anchor asked him "You started your career as an aggressive player and you would play your shots freely and bat at a higher strike rate with a vast array of strokes but you have now become a more cautious, circumspect player in comparison", he responded along the lines off "Players who play an attacking game all the time will see their averages go down and be inconsistent".

I believe he is an example of how too much advice and over coaching can be detrimental to a player in the long run. I personally don't think his game is off an openers, maybe he can try coming in the middle order?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate him higher than Babar for some reason. Expect him to come good in a pressure game.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    He is the worst batsman in world cricket.
    and most selfish.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the OP's intentions are dubious, rather than really shed positive light on one of the most stylish batsmen in the country.

Heres my two bits:

- Proficient in the use of social media
    - Greatly loves the country, as expressed on social media

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riles the opposition up through extravagant sledging.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've always had a soft spot for Shahzad but he just hasn't repaid any of that faith on him.

He has the talent I don't know why he bats with such a timid attitude.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What swagger? Dude's a hardcore wanna-be.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Dude there's a different meaning in Pakistan. A place where drama-actors are worshipped and glorified.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I think he is short of confidence, in an interview once when an anchor asked him "You started your career as an aggressive player and you would play your shots freely and bat at a higher strike rate with a vast array of strokes but you have now become a more cautious, circumspect player in comparison", he responded along the lines off "Players who play an attacking game all the time will see their averages go down and be inconsistent".

I believe he is an example of how too much advice and over coaching can be detrimental to a player in the long run. I personally don't think his game is off an openers, maybe he can try coming in the middle order?
    He was never an aggressive batsman

At no point is his career did he have a career strike rate of over 77-78 in ODIs.

Even under Younis Khan and Afridi where he was considered aggressive by his deluded fans and long before Misbah even came into the captaincy picture he had a career strike rate of 74-75 at best

Please stop peddling this myth

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is a shameless and desperate attempt from a diehard Shehzad fan because he can't find any positives in his batting which is what he's selected for.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think he is in the wrong field. Should have tried to get into showbiz.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I rate him higher than Babar for some reason. Expect him to come good in a pressure game.
    Lol. Are you serious.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lol. Are you serious.
    I just have a feeling he's going to come good in the next world cup.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad should act in a movie. It would be an absolute hit

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is a shameless and desperate attempt from a diehard Shehzad fan because he can't find any positives in his batting which is what he's selected for.
    Yes. There's a handful diehards left

Another one was claiming Shehzad should start in middle order to fully realise his potential

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's good at breathing.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's the best we have as our cricket has finished.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a very good test opener, should be tried with Imam/Fakhar.

He's ok in T20 where a quick fire 20 odd is enough to give you a very good powerplay score.

Odis...? not his game; he almost always hits the balls to inner circle and struggles to rotate strike.

So, he has his uses...

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is a mere backup to Bazar Azam. Thats all. Once Babar is back, he will be opening alongside Fakhar.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He was teased the whole 2nd innings today. Complained to Sarf then some stewards came round.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know what the issue is with him, he unlike Umar Akmal puts in all the hard yards and performs like a beast in domestic cricket, yet he comes to international cricket and looks like a club cricket batsman. I mean we all know our domestic cricket is levels below international cricket quality, but to see a player struggle so much is quite surprising.

Giving tough competition to Mark Ramprakash

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn’t make big scores to give other batsmen a chance at the limelight.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a better actor than Daniel Day Lewis.

Also the best selfie taker in pak team.q

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top 4 opener in Pakistan. If there was anyone else better and remarkable, he would have been replaced long time ago. Hopefully hes a future captain.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got out fairly quickly with usual SR so keep it up selfie.. he Always been a very good fielder but Babar should take his place back soon

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well he’s good at impersonating Virat Kohli.

Can’t quiet bat like him though.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Is very fit, it is clear he takes his fitness very seriously behind the scenes and puts the work in

- Unlike Umar Akmal I believe he has now changed his behavior behind the scenes and is trying to adapt to Mickey's regime

Whaaat. Shezad and swag?

The sooner he gives up playing cricket the better!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No negative comments please.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a pathetic batsman with no skill. I do not know how he keeps on getting selected again and again without any performance.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The main attribute we want him to have is score runs which he doesn't seem to be capable of.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite being one of the worst batsmen in Pakistan, keeps getting selected with zero performance.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given his current haircut it would help us immensely in knowing which way the wind is blowing so we can then plan accordingly. People don't realize the sacrifices he make for the greater good of the team.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Riles the opposition up through extravagant sledging.
    Only when the opposition is Canada.
    Goes silent when Starc sledges him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's great at everything other than being a batsman.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It seems as though fitness and good attitude is the criterion for selection. Based on that, Im pretty sure there are at least 10 others who deserve to get selected.

Actually, he isnt a good fielder if you look closely. Pakistani people mistake lazy diving for good fielding. Every time he fields at point, he dives when the ball goes past him. And Pakistanis applaud his excellent effort. Every once in a while, he does catch the ball and never forgets to flex it to the cameras.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He was never an aggressive batsman

At no point is his career did he have a career strike rate of over 77-78 in ODIs.

Even under Younis Khan and Afridi where he was considered aggressive by his deluded fans and long before Misbah even came into the captaincy picture he had a career strike rate of 74-75 at best

Please stop peddling this myth
    Couldnt agree more. Im stunned to see so many people claiming that he was an aggressive opener before. He never was, has always been a turtle.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    It seems as though fitness and good attitude is the criterion for selection. Based on that, I’m pretty sure there are at least 10 others who deserve to get selected.

Actually, he isn’t a good fielder if you look closely. Pakistani people mistake lazy diving for good fielding. Every time he fields at point, he dives when the ball goes past him. And Pakistanis applaud his “excellent effort”. Every once in a while, he does catch the ball and never forgets to flex it to the cameras.
    He is a shoda and many Pakistanis like shodas.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Were talking about a guy who has been in the international set up for 9 years now. I dont understand the people arguing he needs to be given confidence. How do we give him confidence???? are 9 years not enough?
    Also, why are we giving him confidence and not anyone else? Why the VIP treatment? Hes a guy who hasnt sorted his game out in 9 years. Dont expect him to change now.
    Seriously, we need to get rid of this guy. But he seems to have done some black magic on all the selectors.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I find it funny how people bash him when they were praising him in the beginning of his career, and also in 2014/15 when he was averaging near 40 for those years and scored against South Africa in SA.

Just shows how posters will turn on players. Years ago on here, people were claiming Shehzad was one of the brightest talents and how was sure to succeed.

I don't think we've had a single player live up to the hype since Younis. Which is pretty damning. And even YK had his haters, and did poor in LOI cricket. Shehzad's just another player for Pakistan that failed to live up to they hype, he's in very good company. He's still young though, and wish him the best to turn things around.
    Last edited by ads101; 13th June 2018 at 21:01.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone else on PP was saying Shehzad has swagger

People here seem to think speaking in English, and acting tough in Instagram selfies means swagger

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Zero.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    I find it funny how people bash him when they were praising him in the beginning of his career, and also in 2014/15 when he was averaging near 40 for those years and scored against South Africa in SA.

Just shows how posters will turn on players. Years ago on here, people were claiming Shehzad was one of the brightest talents and how was sure to succeed.

I don't think we've had a single player live up to the hype since Younis. Which is pretty damning. And even YK had his haters, and did poor in LOI cricket. Shehzad's just another player for Pakistan that failed to live up to they hype, he's in very good company. He's still young though, and wish him the best to turn things around.
    People who used to cheer Shehzad and now dislike him should be applauded for seeing the light and acknowledging what's in front of them. Not sure what are you trying to say here? Should they put their head in the sand and back a failure for eternity because they were fooled by the media hype when for a 15 month period he averaged 38 at 77-78 (his best period)?

Besides Shehzad has not improved MUCH AT ALL in the nine years he had been in international cricket and most would say he has regressed. And what really is a damning indictment is that he had tons of technical flaws in his batting from the early years and still has those failings.

Shehzad has a limited shot range, fails to find gaps, does not rotate the strike and stays in his cocoon till he gets past 40-50. These were his limitations in his first year and he still has these limitations.

Shehzad was never a supremely talented batsman and was no where near being a complete package. So now if people are belatedly realising that and acknowledging it despite the stubborn nature which Pakistanis generally have, then I think we ought to appreciate such people

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well, thats sort of how the world works

when you perform, you get praised

after years of failure, you get criticized .. not exactly rocket science

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He was taunted with selfie selfie for 2 hours which he took quite well.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Drop dead gorgeous.

While in the Pavilion after getting out for a scratchy 15
    Lool. You jealous?

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that better than blindly backing someone even though they keep failing?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Someone else on PP was saying Shehzad has swagger

People here seem to think speaking in English, and acting tough in Instagram selfies means swagger
    Swagger is composure. Projection of one's confidence in a controlled manner, nothing is forced.

Misbah and Younis weren't the most flashy players but they had swagger in the way they handled themselves. That's why they were so respected and had an aura on the field.

Hasan and Shadab have swagger but they're also very flashy players. Both don't know a lick of English. But they both have an edge to them that you know if you cross them the wrong way, there will be repercussions.

This is their natural state. None of them go around flaunting and trying to be something they're not.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Swagger is composure. Projection of one's confidence in a controlled manner, nothing is forced.

Misbah and Younis weren't the most flashy players but they had swagger in the way they handled themselves. That's why they were so respected and had an aura on the field.

Hasan and Shadab have swagger but they're also very flashy players. Both don't know a lick of English. But they both have an edge to them that you know if you cross them the wrong way, there will be repercussions.

This is their natural state. None of them go around flaunting and trying to be something they're not.
    Very well described.

I am wondering what is the opposite of swagger? Because i want to use that word for most of the Bangladeshi players.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's good at giving fielding practice. Could be used in the nets for fielding drills

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played in 2011,2015 world cups and 2017 CT.
    Not a single quality innings except against minnows. Always fails at bigger stages; not to mention that T20 World cup match against NewZealand when Sharjeel gave a blistering start with 65 in 5 overs and Pak still lost it thanks to him and Akmal.

Once in Geo Super he said" My board never supported me" Still playing for last 9 years Maybe he wants board to come and bat for him as well.

Again said " In start of career, I was shoulder to shoulder with Kohli and Williamson". If you see closely the start of these 2 greats was not as good as they are today and still Shehzad's best was on par with their not so great start.

Not to forget his acting skills.. That climax scene acting against West Indies.

People with lower strike rates usually have higher averages still he averages: 32 @ 72 strike rate.

There are still Shahzadians who would argue " he is the only to have century in all formats"

There is a difference between cricket literate and cricket enthusiast. I dream of a day when I don't see his name in Pakistan Squad for good.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th June 2018 at 09:16.

I hate Ahmed Shehzad.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When you can back it up with performance, like Hassan and Shadab, it's called swagger

When you can't back it up with performances, like Shehzad, it's just overconfidence and cockiness

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shehzad was never a supremely talented batsman and was no where near being a complete package. So now if people are belatedly realising that and acknowledging it despite the stubborn nature which Pakistanis generally have, then I think we ought to appreciate such people
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    well, thats sort of how the world works

when you perform, you get praised

after years of failure, you get criticized .. not exactly rocket science
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Isn't that better than blindly backing someone even though they keep failing?
    Shehzad was hyped to the moon by most on here. In fact he even got hyped in that 2014/15 period a lot. An even worse example was Butt where people hyped after he averaged saying he "turning into one of the best openers in the world" when he was averaging low 30s before he was banned. It takes very little for us to hype players on here, and yet as I mentioned, not a single player bar YK (in tests) in the last 15 years or so has gone the distance and had a long successful career. Maybe Shehzad wasn't as talented, but guys like Umar Akmal, Jamshed, Amir? These guys should all have been very good players with their talent/abilities at least.

It's a terrible conversion rate. Players have their technical problems, but some are fixable. This has been the biggest downfall of Pakistan cricket, we just haven't been able to effectively work with what we had and get the best out of them. I don't know why that is, bad coaching maybe at international and national level, or poor work ethic by some of our players.

I'm surprised posters can be so ready to make fun of players like this when actually it's just rather sad that it's just another failure of player not living up to the hype. And contrary to popular opinion by some we've tried out so many different players in the 15 year or so window.

It reminds me a bit of the "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain" quote. You either stay a promising youngster (whom by some would sure to succeed if given enough chances), or you play long enough for you to be blasted as a TTF/ridiculed as a player.

I find it hard to make fun, as we tend to hype so many players, often claiming a wealth of talent in Pakistan and yet every player eventually turns out to be a dud. It's heart breaking if anything, I don't even feel like making fun. And I said it's not some, literally every single player in the last 15 years has turned out to be a dud or most average.

I think we've truly turned a corner, I feel much more confident guys like Babar, Shadab, Hasan will be successful for a long period of time not just a flash in the pan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He has 6 international centuries and has achieved so much in the game

He is a polarizing personality

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Misbah ul Haq and swagger? Would love to have what you are smoking please. The only thing Misbah's batting and interviews are good for is helping me go to sleep when I am struggling too at night.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This thread should be used to bring some much needed fire under Shehzad's belly

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most positive thing in him is that when he sits at home watching Pakistan play.
    Useless player with over the top attitude.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had always a soft spot for Ahmed Shahzad.
    But now getting a bit tired of his selfish innings.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    A couple of years ago I was genuinely curious as to how good Ahmed Shehzad actually was and for that I only took his numbers from 1st Jan 2013 to 31st December 2014 (this was supposed to be his best period)

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...tical+Analysis

Feel free to go through the mediocrity known as Ahmed Shehzad.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol he truly spends time in the middle

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He has 6 international centuries and has achieved so much in the game

He is a polarizing personality
    He is also the only one to score a century in all 3 formats. No Pakistani has done that. Anwar couldn't, Hanif Muhammad couldn't, Miandad couldn't, Younis couldn't and neither could Yousf and Zaheer Abbass

#MPGA

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is also the only one to score a century in all 3 formats. No Pakistani has done that. Anwar couldn't, Hanif Muhammad couldn't, Miandad couldn't, Younis couldn't and neither could Yousf and Zaheer Abbass
    Not to mention even Bradman & Viv couldn't achieve this herculean task! A true Champion indeed - I would've also put Sachin here but we all know that Shehzad is comfortably better than him already!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im sure if anyone else got the number of chances this guy got, he would at least be able to find gaps and rotate strike. He wastes 5 balls and hits a flashy boundary.
    This guy is clueless. Looks timid whenever facing anyone over 135+ km/h.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

If only swagger resulted in runs......

This guy needs to sort his batting out in domestic cricket and be left out of international cricket until he sorts his batting issues out.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has good hair

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember watching him play for the U19s thinking he will one day play for Pakistan but needs to fix up. To my surprise he is still playing for Pakistan but has been so inconsistent its shocking to watch. He has issues to work on in his batting which haven't been taken care of. He needs to go back and work on them because Mickey seems to like him and he seems to be on target in terms of fitness with this being said he needs work on those issues and become the batsman Pakistan need him to be. But this being said once Pakistan try another opener in ODI cricket and he somehow clicks with Mickey and Fakhar opening, he will become a premenant option to open. Someone like Sahibzada, Mukhtar or another new young opener. But unfortunately for us Shehzad isn't going nowhere

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He hasn't performed, time to move on. We've given him plenty of chances.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the most disappointing attribute of all - has age on his side.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we're gonna do this seriously...

He's quite hard to get out once he's set. Which is why he's got a ton in SA in ODIs and done decently in tests. And which is why i think his test record is also decent.

Limited shot range is what probably hurts him in LOI, and he gets out often by trying to push the SR. Kind of scratchy at the crease.

Probably deserves more test chances at the very least really given we didn't have many other options.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most hopeless and clueless player ever to play for so long. I dont know when Pak team will get rid of him

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a waste of time, space and money.
    The word Phateechar explains him perfectly

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I would say that his only positive is that he has handled his having a limited role in the Pakistan team much bettet boy wonder Akmal

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always think that Shehzad is a formidable test opener.His game only suits to this format.But he is selected for ODIs and T20 s which is totally wrong format for him.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're gonna do this seriously...

He's quite hard to get out once he's set. Which is why he's got a ton in SA in ODIs and done decently in tests. And which is why i think his test record is also decent.

Limited shot range is what probably hurts him in LOI, and he gets out often by trying to push the SR. Kind of scratchy at the crease.

Probably deserves more test chances at the very least really given we didn't have many other options.
    Not many options?Azhar,Imam,Sami and Fakhar are 4 options.Even Masood is over Shehzad in the pecking order.