Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the current T20I team Pakistan's best ever?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 24.14%
  • No

22 75.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Is this Pakistan's best ever T20I side?

Yes Pakistan won the World T20 in 2009, but is the current T20I team the best they have ever had?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No it would be best ever if Babar was there in place of Shehzad

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly a batsman short as Hussain and Asif are not that experienced

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't say. They haven't really been tested except for the NZ series. They are also very young and far from settled.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    need to get rid of
    Shehzad
    Rahat

Asif ali, Hussain talat,Mo nawaz,Sarfraz lacks consistency

Fakhar is hit or miss player

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2009 was better imo.

None of the current bowlers are anywhere near the level Umer Gul was bowling but it was a arguably the best bowling by a quick in any world T20 to this day.

Afridi and Razzaq were brutal hitters too.

Ajmal was far superiour than the spinners now.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They are not best side , but Coach and Captain are better than previous sides. Most of tactical decisions are good , if not all. Fielding is very good. Much better than previous sides.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides Gul, man to man this team takes it. Gul was ATG level in that period

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No big names, but as a team yes.
    Plus this side has better depth in bowling. I dont think Amir makes it into playing X1 as an automatic choice now.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    This batting lineup have no chance against our T20 bowling attack of 2007-2010.

Itís better than the post 2010 teams, but it is massively overrated and have been made to look good due to the weak opposition.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to play against some tougher Teams !!!!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Yes. Just replace Shehzad with Babar.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If our batting had some fire power similar to that of Afridi and Razzaq's in 2007-10, then yes.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We'll know at the world T20.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Side" means batting and bowling, batting a bit unsure but much better than many of the past and bowling one of the best, never mind fielding, attitude etc, so yeah, it is the best if not one of the best.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think itís as good as the 2009 team but itís still a very decent team.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just need the likes of Talat and Asif to get settled in and start performing and then it will definitely be the best side.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gul Afridi Ajmal and Hafeez would dismiss them under 100. A firing Umar Akmal who holds the 2 fastest 50s for Pakistan (against nz and Aus btw) along with Afridi and Razzaq would be enough for them

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    913 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good team but way too untested against quality opposition to be labelled "best", "greatest of all time", et al.

Malik still carrying the team on his back even with the much backed young swashbucklers in it is hilarious considering how much flak he cops on here for being "finished".

Even today the Fakhars, Talats contributed some 20s for Malik to stamp authority.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Good team but way too untested against quality opposition to be labelled "best", "greatest of all time", et al.

Malik still carrying the team on his back even with the much backed young swashbucklers in it is hilarious considering how much flak he cops on here for being "finished".

Even today the Fakhars, Talats contributed some 20s for Malik to stamp authority.
    I blame Shehzad......

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post

"No let's kick out Malik!!!! what is that TTF senior doing in our team!!! can't wait to get rid of him!!!"

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's funny that despite losing Sharjeel and Latif, this team is still top class.

It has the potential to be best ever.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    imagine sharjeel in olace of shezzy and khalid for Talat, and this batting would be as good as anyone out there, this team is still good but that team would have instilled fear in opposition, nothing against Talat but he doesn't seem to be aggressive enough to be a good no. 3 in t20s, he can rotate strike very well but you need big hitting as well, and he don't seem to trust his hitting skills, Khalid could destroy spinners and could handle pacers as well.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    imagine sharjeel in olace of shezzy and khalid for Talat, and this batting would be as good as anyone out there, this team is still good but that team would have instilled fear in opposition, nothing against Talat but he doesn't seem to be aggressive enough to be a good no. 3 in t20s, he can rotate strike very well but you need big hitting as well, and he don't seem to trust his hitting skills, Khalid could destroy spinners and could handle pacers as well.
    Sharjeel and Fakhar, followed by Babar is a solid top-order

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Is the AUS-ZIM-PAK T20 triangular happening?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Is the AUS-ZIM-PAK T20 triangular happening?
    Starts on 1st July
    Reports that Zim players have started preparations for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. I think it definitely has the potential but like many posters here I agree that the bowling attack was ruthless back in 2009.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2009 was better in my opinion.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think our bowling was stronger in 2009 - 2010. Remember the attack that played Australia in two T20s in 2010: Akhtar, Amir, Ajmal, Gul and Afridi.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. 9 times out of 10 the 2007-2010 Pakistan bowling attack would come out on top against their current batsmen in the shortest format.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Starts on 1st July
    Reports that Zim players have started preparations for it
    RIP Aus and Zim

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly as we're getting results, but batting still looks a bit shaky.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you add Baber to open with Fakhar, then yes it is a pretty good team. I honestly don't think Shehzad gets into even the C team in any format. Usman should play more for Pakistan!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah this bowling attack is quite week compared to 2009 team. Also let this team play against SA, India , Australia, England.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Nah this bowling attack is quite week compared to 2009 team. Also let this team play against SA, India , Australia, England.
    They beat England in England

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    They beat England in England
    We are talking about T20I here mate.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    We are talking about T20I here mate.
    Yes. The first series win of this winning streak was against England

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are definitely headed in the right direction in T20s but not sure if this is our best T20 side in history

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I voted for yes. On paper, it may not be as strong as 2009 squad etc, but as a team, we are looking better and this team is more youthful so I think we have a great team culture with less politics/infighting than before

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    no. quality of opposition matters.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes we are on course to win the next T20 WC.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2009 spin attack will be taken apart by our current batting which has quality players of spin.

2018 bowling = 2009 bowling
    but
    2018 batting > 2009 batting

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    2009 spin attack will be taken apart by our current batting which has quality players of spin.

2018 bowling = 2009 bowling
    but
    2018 batting > 2009 batting
    Will add that i think Fakhar is underrated against spin especially as dasher. He will disturb the length of spin bowlers like Ashwin, Ajmal, Hafeez, Afridi etc and will take them apart 8/10 times.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Will add that i think Fakhar is underrated against spin especially as dasher. He will disturb the length of spin bowlers like Ashwin, Ajmal, Hafeez, Afridi etc and will take them apart 8/10 times.
    Fakhar would not stand a chance against peak Ajmal. He was too crafty and his chucking gave him immense control and accuracy. He would have bamboozled him.

Same goes for Sarfraz, who often plays around his front-bad and is prone to misreading variations.

All of our batsmen apart from Malik have weak defensive techniques against spin, and as Sangakkara, de Villiers and Kohli showed, orthodox approach was the best method of taming Ajmal.

The likes of Fakhar and Sarfraz would have done well against Afridi though, but Fakhar might have been Hafeezís bunny like many left-handers.

Malik and probably Haris would have handled Ajmal. I remember watching Haris dominate a peak Ajmal in a domestic game once, he looked really good.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Fakhar would not stand a chance against peak Ajmal. He was too crafty and his chucking gave him immense control and accuracy. He would have bamboozled him.

Same goes for Sarfraz, who often plays around his front-bad and is prone to misreading variations.

All of our batsmen apart from Malik have weak defensive techniques against spin, and as Sangakkara, de Villiers and Kohli showed, orthodox approach was the best method of taming Ajmal.

The likes of Fakhar and Sarfraz would have done well against Afridi though, but Fakhar might have been Hafeez’s bunny like many left-handers.

Malik and probably Haris would have handled Ajmal. I remember watching Haris dominate a peak Ajmal in a domestic game once, he looked really good.
    That 2007-10 team with A Razzak, Afridi, Gul, Ajmal, Malik, Nazir, Asif/Shoaib/Amir (partially all 3), Tanvir - led by Malik or YK, will beat this No. 1 team 4 times out of 5, if not 9 out of 10 - but I can't prove, so won't go to argue.

May be we can visit this thread again, if the ZIM triangular happens, and first time in many months, PAK T20 side actually takes on a serious team, who would be trying to prove something. I hope, Aussies put a decent squad than the kids they have sent to UK.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably 3rd or 4th Best One !!!!!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Yes Pakistan won the World T20 in 2009, but is the current T20I team the best they have ever had?
    On paper, No. Looking at results ,Yes. Like India in test matches the real challenges are due.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    2009 was a better team. It had a peak Afridi who was scoring runs and bowling well. Mohammad Amir was young and quick, Umar Gul was the best T20 bowler during that time and then there was Saeed Ajmal who was running through sides for fun. I think that Pakistan bowling attack is better than what you have now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1082 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    No other T20 team in history has had such a prolonged run of games against minnows and weak opposition as this Pakistan side.

This farce is becoming a joke now.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other T20 team in history has had such a prolonged run of games against minnows and weak opposition as this Pakistan side.

They are playing Australia tomorrow, take a chill pill.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    They are playing Australia tomorrow, take a chill pill.
    An Australian side without Warner, Smith, Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. Just take a look at some of the names in the squad - Swepson, Wildermuth, Carey, Jhye Richardson etc. Who on earth are these players?

A third-string Australian team for a series that doesn't get anymore pointless. A T20 tri-series vs Pakistan and Zimbabwe is as useless as it can get for Australia, and yes if they win they will go top of the T20I rankings, but no serious team takes T20I rankings seriously.

Pakistan is the only team that takes pride in T20I rankings, a format in which teams tend to experiment and rest players frequently. However, we same to value it very highly because it is the only format where we can maintain a high ranking.

Nonetheless, the amount of buffet T20 matches that this is getting is becoming ridiculous.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An Australian side without Warner, Smith, Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins. Just take a look at some of the names in the squad - Swepson, Wildermuth, Carey, Jhye Richardson etc. Who on earth are these players?

A third-string Australian team for a series that doesn't get anymore pointless. A T20 tri-series vs Pakistan and Zimbabwe is as useless as it can get for Australia, and yes if they win they will go top of the T20I rankings, but no serious team takes T20I rankings seriously.

Pakistan is the only team that takes pride in T20I rankings, a format in which teams tend to experiment and rest players frequently. However, we same to value it very highly because it is the only format where we can maintain a high ranking.

Nonetheless, the amount of buffet T20 matches that this is getting is becoming ridiculous.
    Well we played New Zealand earlier this year and our next tour is going to be South Africa.

You are right that other teams try new players in t20s. But other teams also play a lot more competitive cricket than Pakistan.

Do you really want our players to be rested from series like this?

What do you think is going to happen when they get that much time between the next series? They will be woefully out of form with considerably larger bellies on their return.

Cant compare Pakistan to India, who play constantly and go from series to series without large gaps in their calendar. If they rest some key players for a series, those players still wont have a six month gap until the next series.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

I know which farce is becoming a joke now

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh bore off. We beat a strong NZ team in NZ and you made some of the worst excuses possible.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Smith, Hazlewood, and Cummins are not even their top T20 players. The squad has Finch, Maxwell, and Marsh and it is almost the same team which won T20 tri series recently.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    LOL so because Smith and Warner decided to cheat, Australia are 3rd string now? Gimme a break.

This is their first choice team.

Their pacers are made out of plastic, but let's not forget we also have Babar, Rumman and Imad - three very valuable cricketers - injured.

Pakistan is the best team in the world. Haters can suck itt up.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The batting strength is superb - probably the best ever.

Perhaps the bowling isn't the strongest but it's getting there.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    26-4 against a third string Australia.

The best T20 team in the world ladies and gentleman, and arguably the greatest of all time as some of our friends will tell you.

Medical science has made great progress, but a cure for delusion is yet to be found.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia found another quality bowler in form of Billy Stanlake. Very impressive from him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sd

The best T20 team in the world ladies and gentleman, and arguably the greatest of all time as some of our friends will tell you.

Medical science has made great progress, but a cure for delusion is yet to be found.
    I find it hilarious that you are talking about others being delusional.

I think you should create your own ranking points system seeing as the one the ICC CREATE seems to be nonsense to you.

Regardless of who we have played, we have beaten everyone put in front of us. T20 is a hit and miss and any team can win on any given day, hence our recent record is even more impressive. Bound to lose the odd game here and there (this game isn't even done yet). Not that it would guarantee us a win but we are also missing the world number 1 T20 batsmen.
    Last edited by Pak_Stars; 2nd July 2018 at 09:08. Reason: correction

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The batting strength is superb - probably the best ever.

Perhaps the bowling isn't the strongest but it's getting there.
    Batting looks like a village cricket 3rd X1 and this against Australia B strength bowling line up.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you really a Pakistan fan?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today's batting performance shows that we have a lot to improve upon and our no.1 ranking is misleading. Having Hafeez, Sarfaraz, Malik and out of form Talat in top 5 means that we will mostly struggle against oppositions who have quality fast bowlers. Today, one Stanlake was enough for our top order. Same Stanlake was taken to cleaners by Sharjeel on big Australian grounds.

We are going in a completely wrong direction when it comes to batting in T20s. Why are we playing accumulators along side Fakhar ? We should go with aggressive batsmen from both ends in the powerplay. This should be our top 5 in T20s.

1. Fakhar Zaman
    2. Nasir Nawaz
    3. Babar/Farhan
    4. Zeeshan Malik
    5. Shadab Khan

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The batting was outdone by Stanlake really. The rest were handled. Also partly why the lower order did better once Stanlake had bowled out his overs. Kind of worrying Pak batsmen's ability against pace.

There's a lack of players good against pace in the top order. In fact there isn't one, Fakhar isn't solid against pace really he's very hit or miss.

Babar coming back will make one player. Haris is probably needed too, as he can play pace. Also why it might have been idea to bring in an opener such as Kamran or Khurram.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    The batting was outdone by Stanlake really. The rest were handled. Also partly why the lower order did better once Stanlake had bowled out his overs. Kind of worrying Pak batsmen's ability against pace.

There's a lack of players good against pace in the top order. In fact there isn't one, Fakhar isn't solid against pace really he's very hit or miss.

Babar coming back will make one player. Haris is probably needed too, as he can play pace. Also why it might have been idea to bring in an opener such as Kamran or Khurram.
    Babar might improve things but to handle pace and bounce in T20s, we need players who are good at hook,pull and cuts. Selecting Haris, Kamran and Khurram at this stage means going two steps backwards.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Babar might improve things but to handle pace and bounce in T20s, we need players who are good at hook,pull and cuts. Selecting Haris, Kamran and Khurram at this stage means going two steps backwards.
    The players you mentioned I've hardly seen or heard of (Nawaz, Zeeshan). Let them set it alight in domestic before we start seriously rating them for the international side. Farhan when I saw him in the PSL didn't look particularly impressive tbh, might be worth a try though. Shadab just has talent, but he isn't a proper batsman. He'll have to focus on his batting too much if we play him up the order, and he'll have to perform at a higher level if he is to hold down a batting position. Just isn't worth it, as we're reliant on him for the ball.

Haris for sure handles pace. Kamran from what I seen does to (and can hook, pull etc. against it). The problem with Kamran in the past was the fact he used to throw his wicket away. He could be changed.

Khurram I'm doubtful too, it's just the sheer weight of domestic performance as opener puts him in contention.

Azhar's not bad against pace (or at least was), it's just his way of playing pace is blocking it out rather than proactive scoring/gap finding, which is why he's not a suitable option in LOI. Haris isn't as bad at that.

In all honesty, I think Haris and Babar are by far the best players of pace in Pakistan. Haris might not be able to score at a great clip, but he'll handle the pace at least. And Kamran's the best in Pakistan domestic. Not much to say about the rest sadly.

Azhar's not bad against pace (or at least was), it's just his way of playing pace is blocking it out rather than proactive scoring/gap finding, which is why he's not a suitable option in LOI.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look man, this is a one off and probably Pakistan is never going to be in a similar situation in the next matches but you really got yourself exposed here. I mean sure you feel "validated" over a single match but your celebration shows that your own ego transcends your wish to see the cricket team prosper. Medical science has made great progress, but a cure for narcissism is yet to be found.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team is top class and i am happy to see deadwood like Hafeez, Muhammad Nawaz, Talat getting exposed.

It will help us improve our team further. Having babar, shehzad back is going to solve two issues and heck even Imad is better than the fraud Muhammad Nawaz is.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Man what a crushing defeat.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Man what a crushing defeat.
    Every dog has their day. Just like India will once in the whole tour against England (maybe).

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really bad game by Pakistan need to find a better balance in the squad. This Pakistan team is really good but not the best we ever had 2009 squad and I'd even say the 2007 world t20 squad was amazing shame they couldn't win the world t20 but that squad was solid

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top 3 is not good enough in this series. Need to have a top 3 of Fakhar, Babar and Agha.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Every dog has their day. Just like India will once in the whole tour against England (maybe).
    Keep praying

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The team is top class and i am happy to see deadwood like Hafeez, Muhammad Nawaz, Talat getting exposed.

It will help us improve our team further. Having babar, shehzad back is going to solve two issues and heck even Imad is better than the fraud Muhammad Nawaz is.
    This team is the definition of garbage. Shehzad doesn't solve any problem in T20s, and while Babar is prolific, he is not a game-changing batsmen. This is not a one-off and this isn't an anomaly - it is a much need reality check for our deluded fans who were thumping their chests and asserting that apart from maybe England, this Pakistan team will start favorites against any team in the world. Nonsense.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Are you really a Pakistan fan?
    I am a Pakistani but I make no bones about the fact that we are a poor team in all formats. However, people are entitled to say whatever they want about me.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hater is having a field day.

A bad day in the office. Backing these guys to win the tournament.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    This team is the definition of garbage. Shehzad doesn't solve any problem in T20s, and while Babar is prolific, he is not a game-changing batsmen. This is not a one-off and this isn't an anomaly - it is a much need reality check for our deluded fans who were thumping their chests and asserting that apart from maybe England, this Pakistan team will start favorites against any team in the world. Nonsense.
    If Shehzad is expected to be the savior, situation must be desperate then. Batting I can understand, but why bowling was like this - it's not that jet lag or they were playing 1st game; which actually indicates the fear I had, Shinwary & Nawaz are the bowling version of FTB; very good against substandard teams, but found out at higher level.