Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2 spots will either go to our Media choices, or our well (un)deserved Seniors

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asch Ali View Post
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    No Talat, Haris, Hasan? And Asif Ali at 3? Imad at 6? And Nawaz and Afridi?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    1)Shaheen Afridi has proved nothing so far to be included next year in the XI.
    2)How many spinners will you play in England?You have Shadab,Nawaz and Imad.
    3)Babar Azam as a wicketkeeper.Seriously?
    4)You dropped last years Champions Trophy MOTS.The next WC will also be in England around the same time period.
    5)Imad Wasim at 6 .What a batting lineup.
    6)Babar should be at 3,Asif should be at 6.
    7)You want Amir dropped at the expense of Shinwari.Ok.
    Hasan Ali is overrated. Babar Azam can play 4 no big deal. I am playing 3 spinners all of which are good and can bat. We currently play 3 in T20s anyways. Sarfaraz Ahmed should not keep he should just be captain. Also Asif Ali is batting at 3 only because Sharjeel Khan is opening. Shinwari is better than Amir, there is no need of justification for that. Shaheen should be included because he is young and has a shining futures

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    No Talat, Haris, Hasan? And Asif Ali at 3? Imad at 6? And Nawaz and Afridi?
    Harris is simply not good enough. Talat can be subbed in for Nawaz, but he is our second option. Asif Ali CAN be the opener that means Fakhar will have to play at 3. Imad Wasim is a pinch hitter and 6 is perfect for him. Afridi is a really good bowler. Afridi > Hasan Ali.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lool. I hope you are not serious. Babar as wicket keeper, imad ,Nawaz, no amir or Hasan Ali. I hope you put this team up by mistake but then again you want Asif to open in all formats akmal brothers in test team including Shan ,Asif, butt etc.
    We can discuss my Test team somewhere else. The only thing huge about my World Cup XI is that Amir/Hasan are dropped and rightfully so for Shinwari/Shaheen. Hasan Ali is a expensive bowler whilst Amir is a wicketless bowler. Too many FLAWS in our bowling attack. Why not give bowlers who actually have been bowling WELL a chance? Huh?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We can discuss my Test team somewhere else. The only thing huge about my World Cup XI is that Amir/Hasan are dropped and rightfully so for Shinwari/Shaheen. Hasan Ali is a expensive bowler whilst Amir is a wicketless bowler. Too many FLAWS in our bowling attack. Why not give bowlers who actually have been bowling WELL a chance? Huh?
    Drop the 2 bowlers who won you the champions trophy and saying that althey are rightfully dropped and a guy with no matches and one with 3 is better then them. I like both of them mind you. How can you justify Babar keeping , plus imad and Nawaz are awful selections. Considering when you have someone like talat.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated. Babar Azam can play 4 no big deal. I am playing 3 spinners all of which are good and can bat. We currently play 3 in T20s anyways. Sarfaraz Ahmed should not keep he should just be captain. Also Asif Ali is batting at 3 only because Sharjeel Khan is opening. Shinwari is better than Amir, there is no need of justification for that. Shaheen should be included because he is young and has a shining futures
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that ‘ he is young’ is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20’s is ok.3 spinners in ODI’s in England,that’s a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isn’t keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasn’t kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you don’t have anything to prove it?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that Ď he is youngí is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20ís is ok.3 spinners in ODIís in England,thatís a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isnít keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasnít kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you donít have anything to prove it?
    He's seen them play in his dreams just like his next test team for us. His justification is that they are overrated. Plus anyone can wicketkeep hence he's gone with Babar. Tommorow he might make amir the keeper because he will be the first wicket keeper who can bowl 10 over hence allowing us to play someone like Shan at 11 he might be a decent no 11 for us when we are 9 down.
    Last edited by Khan12; 17th June 2018 at 23:21.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNotAFanOfThings View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Pakistani supporters respond.

I'm certain most Indians will choose winning the world Cup over losing to Pakistan.
    As an Indian fan, I would choose a WC over losing to Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did someone say Hasan Ali is overrated?

You must have unrealistic expectations from your players if you think he is overrated. He is the finest young fast bowler in the world.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Did someone say Hasan Ali is overrated?

You must have unrealistic expectations from your players if you think he is overrated. He is the finest young fast bowler in the world.
    I donít trust certain peopleís opinions especially if they are Indian. No offense, but a lot of them will support/rate a player that isnít good high just so Pakistan will loose. For example, a lot of Aussies commentators rate Shehzad high just to make him come on and stay on the team and loose the game for Pakistan. Same case with Indians with Hasan Ali

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that ‘ he is young’ is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20’s is ok.3 spinners in ODI’s in England,that’s a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isn’t keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasn’t kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you don’t have anything to prove it?
    Hasan Ali didn’t win us Champions Trophy. Just because he toke the most wickets for Pakistan (most of them not impactful/impotent) Doesn’t make him the winner for Pakistan.

We won the Champions Trophy because of ECONOMIC constrained spin bowling. We won because of Sarfaraz’s fifty. We won because of Fakhar’s hundred.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop the 2 bowlers who won you the champions trophy and saying that althey are rightfully dropped and a guy with no matches and one with 3 is better then them. I like both of them mind you. How can you justify Babar keeping , plus imad and Nawaz are awful selections. Considering when you have someone like talat.
    Imad/Nawaz are EXCELLENT bowlers. On top of that, they are great batsmen.

Nawaz is most economic bowler in the history of PSL.
    Imad was the top ranking T20 bowler in the world.
    Nawaz/Imad both strike at 100+ and have fifties.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad/Nawaz are EXCELLENT bowlers. On top of that, they are great batsmen.

Nawaz is most economic bowler in the history of PSL.
    Imad was the top ranking T20 bowler in the world.
    Nawaz/Imad both strike at 100+ and have fifties.
    And Babar is the best wicketkeeper in the world. You don't even answer the question just pick and choose. If Nawaz and imad are great batsmens then Chris Martin is a decent bat too.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Babar is the best wicketkeeper in the world. You don't even answer the question just pick and choose. If Nawaz and imad are great batsmens then Chris Martin is a decent bat too.
    Imad averages 162 in England AS a lower order batsmen with a STRIKE RATE of 120!! He is basically Bradman, comparing him to Chris Martin who averaged less than 5 is a COMPLETE joke. Sorrry dude, but just look up stats before you insult a good player.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forget streak, Pakistan will win the World Cup.. History will Repeat itself!

1983: India win World Cup
    1985: India win the World Championship Trophy
    1987: Australia win the World Cup
    1992: Pakistan win the world cup.

2011: India win the World Cup
    2013: India win Champions Trophy.
    2015: Australia win the World Cup
    2019:......Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    Forget streak, Pakistan will win the World Cup.. History will Repeat itself!

1983: India win World Cup
    1985: India win the World Championship Trophy
    1987: Australia win the World Cup
    1992: Pakistan win the world cup.

2011: India win the World Cup
    2013: India win Champions Trophy.
    2015: Australia win the World Cup
    2019:......Pakistan
    If only the world cup was scheduled in 2020. This is a conspiracy by BCCICC.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I donít trust certain peopleís opinions especially if they are Indian. No offense, but a lot of them will support/rate a player that isnít good high just so Pakistan will loose. For example, a lot of Aussies commentators rate Shehzad high just to make him come on and stay on the team and loose the game for Pakistan. Same case with Indians with Hasan Ali
    And Indians rating Hasan Ali will make the Pak selectors pick him in the team regardless of performance?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I don't know about you but I'm very nervous.

Fathers day is upon us, Pakistan's bragging rights for the past 2 years is in serious jeopardy.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Watching India perform in Australia and NZ, I genuinely dont know how team Pakistan will win.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Watching India perform in Australia and NZ, I genuinely dont know how team Pakistan will win.
    Like they beat eng in the ct17 semi final.
    It is about how u play on THAT day.
    Maybe India will replicate their 4th odi performance. You can never predict.
    India has some weaknesses

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post

Fathers day is upon us, Pakistan's bragging rights for the past 2 years is in serious jeopardy.
    Tbh the bragging rights have been taken after the asia cup failure.
    The WC is the perfect opportunity for us to get them back

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's unlikely that we will beat India but anything is possible.

But if we don't win the game, can we at least complete? Aboslultey sick of being beaten black and blue by India. At times it feels like India are in 2nd or 3rd gear when playing us. I think the pressure of the occasion gets to the players. We just need play the game and not the occasion.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Father's day related to all this?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highly unlikely as Pak is a very average team, while india are the best currently, on top Sarf is proving to be joke of a captain.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    InshAllah, 2019 will be the year one streak ends and another begins. I'm backing both Pakistan and India to make the semis for this reason.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Everyday is not Sunday..... Saffers of 90s-2000s used to smash everyone and their aunt (minus the Aussies) but come the WC they played almost as bad as us. It's about what happens on the day. That's the beauty of world tournaments.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    How is Father's day related to all this?
    Please read my Original Post.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If not this time then some other time. Nothing last forever. My advice to the team would just be to keep this fact in mind, keep calm and not get all too wound up about it.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Instead of thinking about this streak, just go out and play best of your ability. WC win against India will come sooner or later.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    If not this time then some other time. Nothing last forever. My advice to the team would just be to keep this fact in mind, keep calm and not get all too wound up about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Instead of thinking about this streak, just go out and play best of your ability. WC win against India will come sooner or later.
    But this upcoming World Cup match up is on Father's day, you know as well as I do, Indians will have a heyday with a win here for the rest of their lives, ESPECIALLY since Pakistan fans have been doing the same since Father's day 2017 (CT Final).

I know it sounds silly and immature, but am I even somewhat wrong?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But this upcoming World Cup match up is on Father's day, you know as well as I do, Indians will have a heyday with a win here for the rest of their lives, ESPECIALLY since Pakistan fans have been doing the same since Father's day 2017 (CT Final).

I know it sounds silly and immature, but am I even somewhat wrong?
    Even if we start beating them for the next 100 years it still wouldn’t stop some Indians from trolling us. So it’s kind of pointless to worry about how aggressively some idiot would react to their team’s victory.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Even if we start beating them for the next 100 years it still wouldn’t stop some Indians from trolling us. So it’s kind of pointless to worry about how aggressively some idiot would react to their team’s victory.
    Well to be fair the CT Final win without a doubt in my mind shut up more of them then we could imagine.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Pakistanis players to make some statements before the game...ghar ka kohli

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goosebumps, absolute goosebumps, I don't want to lose folks.

19 days away!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel the streak will end this WC. They can take big hearts from CT final although it was few years ago but still beating India after a long time that too in a major final that was a huge win. But will have to bowl first and keep them under 280. Get the top three out before 150runs.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I don't think they are thinking about it, they are loosing to everyone, so why think about india?
    Unfortunately the players don't have ability to compete, as such they will loose to most good teams.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    Waiting for Pakistanis players to make some statements before the game...ghar ka kohli
    You don't make statements after suffering from continuous humiliation, last ten ODI shows Pak simply doesn't know how to win a match.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    You don't make statements after suffering from continuous humiliation, last ten ODI shows Pak simply doesn't know how to win a match.
    Pakistan players always make statements before the match but go missing during it. Hassan said heíll try to take 10 wickets in Asia Cup.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's only chance is bowling out India cheaply.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2035 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    I feel the streak will end this WC. They can take big hearts from CT final although it was few years ago but still beating India after a long time that too in a major final that was a huge win. But will have to bowl first and keep them under 280. Get the top three out before 150runs.
    Itíll take at least half of Indian batting lineup to flop on the day first to have a remote chance, even then PAK batsmen will have to out perform their usual to chase that target. Any one of Indiaís top 5 can get a hundred, which should take the total at least to 250 level - then PAKís batting still will need to chase that against those two spinners & Bumrah, Shami at Manchester..... good luck.

India batting second will be more fun against this phast bowling attack with that sort of skill set and backed by those darting machines.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan literally has no chance this time

A complete mismatch

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    There are always some chances of upset and one team winning and other losing but there is no logical chance of Pakistan winning against any other top tier team let alone India.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    There are always some chances of upset and one team winning and other losing but there is no logical chance of Pakistan winning against any other top tier team let alone India.
    Precisely. Pakistan fans would do far better taking one game at a time, it will be difficult to win any games, looking ahead to beating one of the favourites is not a healthy approach.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 days away, arghh my blood is boiling.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    6 days away, arghh my blood is boiling.
    ? Why is boiling?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    ? Why is boiling?
    I guess in preparation.Match ke baad to boil hi hona hai hamara!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To win the WC we will need to beat India. Come on boys. Can't wait.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan could beat England, they can beat India too easily

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    If Pakistan could beat England, they can beat India too easily
    Forget Pak, even eng cannot beat this indian team!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India will win this. We are superior in everyway. If we play to our potential, Pakistan will be routed just like how it happened in Asia Cup.
    Last edited by Balthazar; 10th June 2019 at 10:00.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my original post friends from last year, highly surprised Indians haven't bumped this, I take this humiliation with honor, we will bounce back, if not this World Cup then surely a world cup within the next decade.

The Baap/Beta discussion would of ended three days ago, but no point really being that sad over mediocre players, if they don't want to perform, than I say whatever, they're 11 players after all, sub-par players cannot and will not speak for Pakistan, make some changes to the squad and all the sudden we have a chance to beat India, all it takes, this is the past though, let's look to the future, this is the mindset I have, positivity all around.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my original post friends from last year, highly surprised Indians haven't bumped this, I take this humiliation with honor, we will bounce back, if not this World Cup then surely a world cup within the next decade.

The Baap/Beta discussion would of ended three days ago, but no point really being that sad over mediocre players, if they don't want to perform, than I say whatever, they're 11 players after all, sub-par players cannot and will not speak for Pakistan, make some changes to the squad and all the sudden we have a chance to beat India, all it takes, this is the past though, let's look to the future, this is the mindset I have, positivity all around.
    Pakistan is Positivity-stan. Ever positive about beating India soon. And when that encounter ends with yet another spanking, it is time for another shot of positivity and back to the refrain: 'We will defeat India in the future'.

How difficult is it for die hard Pakistan cricket fans to accept a few things about modern sports:

1. Garbage in = Garbage out
    2. Hope is not a strategy
    3. Fundamental changes need to be made both at the top (Professional management set up) and at the bottom (professional infrastructure/training academies, fair cricketing structure that churns talent at the lowest levels and sends them upstream through the cricketing supply chain)

If not changes are made to the setup how can anyone be so sure of a magical resurrection of Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you fix your domestics and invest a good amount of money in infrastructure, you would be always inferior to India. Modern cricket has changed a lot and Pakistan has not kept up with it. You can see that from your record against non-minnows from the last few years.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Unless you fix your domestics and invest a good amount of money in infrastructure, you would be always inferior to India. Modern cricket has changed a lot and Pakistan has not kept up with it. You can see that from your record against non-minnows from the last few years.
    Yes, pretty much exactly what I implied when saying make few changes to the squad and all the sudden we have a chance to beat India.

Fixing our domestics and investing a good amount of money in infrastructure are the baby steps, the bottom line is "making those few changes to the squad" by selecting superior athletes that are groomed from the former two baby steps as you noted.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan had better chance in 2011 and 1999.

This team was so trash, oppositon never even took them seriously.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shockbound View Post

Yes, 99í was Pakistanís best chance. India was a very mediocre ODI unit back then. India was an excellent ODI unit back during the 2011 WC.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another mauka gone

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shockbound View Post

1999, yes.

2011, nope. Indian team in 2011 was better.

Pakistan had a great chance in 2003 too. They had a great team and they had runs on the board.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Money will come only once domestic cricket returns to Pakistan & top teams come to play. When you play your Home Series on neutral grounds, it is the host country that makes money. Their media channels get the broadcasting rights & the playing country has to buy them. Ofcourse, the host country would share a part of the revenue but obviously it wouldn't be anywhere closer to what it would be hosting the matches on Home grounds.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There will always be another Mauka

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm creating this thread from the bottom of my heart, if anyone is offended please feel free to message me and I will edit the post as needed, this thread is not being created to upset anyone, I respect all posters on this forum.

Years and Years of being made fun of and ridiculed.

Years and Years of being laughed at and being considers inferior in more ways than one.

Years and Years of being considered the "beta"

Yes, friends I'm talking about India's mindset of Pakistan.

A lot of people were quite easily humbled last year after Pakistan's victory in the CT Final, each and every nation's goal is to be respected.

Next year again India fights to keep it's streak alive with the World Cup being played in June coincidentally on the very same Sunday as the CT Final in 2017, coincidence you say? can't be...

The World Cup bought next year is on Father's day.

It's almost as if ICC purposely set India vs Pak on June, 16 2019, as if to say heh Pakistan you will never move forward as a country, we will not let you move forward, it's time for them/us to get revenge and put you back to where you belong.

As silly as it sounds I will be honest I'm very saddened by, it's like someone is out to get us.

With last year's victory our team moral has been high, our future is looking very bright, since that final Pakistani's have had the mindset of us being able to compete toe to toe with the best of them, we are the best team on our day.

Big time feel obviously even though it's a year away, the baap beta thing is not fun and games for Pakistani's, I can assure you it surely isn't for me.

Next year's result will be Huge for Pakistan history and legacy, it has the ability to humble a lot of people who have been at us since our creation, the hate certainly will not ever go away but like I said it will be a step in the right direction....a major step.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, this thread is not being created to start a war on the baap/beta saying, this thread is created for the sole purpose of Pakistan moving on as a country and as a nation, the saying being put to rest completely.

This is somewhat of a serious topic, I hope everyone can respect each other and have a genuine conversation.

Thoughts brothers?
    Classic example of paranoia, the idea that the world is conspiring against you. ICCís decision can alternatively be thought as an insult to India, reminding of their defeat.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    1999, yes.

2011, nope. Indian team in 2011 was better.

Pakistan had a great chance in 2003 too. They had a great team and they had runs on the board.
    sorry, I meant 1996 and 2011.
    Yes Indian team was better but we were on our way to win that one. It took a special collapse to lose that from mid-way.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yes, 99’ was Pakistan’s best chance. India was a very mediocre ODI unit back then. India was an excellent ODI unit back during the 2011 WC.
    Sorry I meant 1996.

Yes Pakistani team was strong and Indian one was in trouble. But Pakistan wasn't interested in winning there as they had their semi-slot ready, all they needed was to beat Zimbabwe, those SA and Ind games were meaningless (they probably even fixed those as corruption was high in that period).

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it continues till another WC and the next WC is in India. So thatís most likely another loss to them in the WC? Time will tell.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one made record. Despite Pak dominance over Ind in the 90s how couldnít they beat Ind in the WC?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh well there's always 2023.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan`s overconfidence and "injuries" really cost us matches against India even though we were miles better than them.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulm123 View Post
    Pakistan`s overconfidence and "injuries" really cost us matches against India even though we were miles better than them.
    Overconfidence and that too against India and that too in world Cup??
    They were looking as much frightened as one could imagine. There was no confidence at all.i got it. It's sarcasm. But still could not resist myself. Never mind.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki malhotra View Post
    Overconfidence and that too against India and that too in world Cup??
    They were looking as much frightened as one could imagine. There was no confidence at all.i got it. It's sarcasm. But still could not resist myself. Never mind.
    I was actually being serious about overconfidence, Pakistan were definitely nervous and petrified when facing India but in all of those games Pakistan were in winning positions but then their batsman get too overconfident and get out. In 1992 Miandad was sledging the Indian players when Pakistan were in a winning position and ended up getting out later which ultimately lost Pakistan the game as the rest of the batsmen were under pressure as the wickets put the pressure back. 1996, Sohail smashes India and by the way he is playing it is like he will take Pakistan home but this idiot decides to go full cocky mode and stars abusing Venky Prasad after smashing him and tries to go for a big shot and gets clean bowled putting pressure back on Patheticstan . 1999, Pakistan bowlers set up a good total for Pakistan batsmen and Saeed Anwar and Shahid Afridi go swinging away and as it looks like they are destined to chase the target, Stupid Afridi filled with overconfidence tries to whack the next ball slicing a catch straight to the fielder then passengers Ijaz and Salim slow the game down ultimately slowing down the innings and Pakistan fall short. 2003, Cocky Akhtar tries hard to castle Tendulkar and impressively get him out by trying to bowl thunderbolts but Akthar ends up bowling absolute gun barrel straight pies and ends up getting smashed by Tendulkar and India which screwed up and put more pressure on Pakistani bowling and India chase with ease. 2011, Hafeez and Kamran look like they are going to take Pakistan home then Kamran gets out and Shafiq comes in with Hafeez and Hafeez has a brainfade from his overconfidence and tries to play a special t20esque shot but ends up giving catching practice to Dhoni and stupid Misbah scores a 50 for India.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually being serious about overconfidence, Pakistan were definitely nervous and petrified when facing India but in all of those games Pakistan were in winning positions but then their batsman get too overconfident and get out. In 1992 Miandad was sledging the Indian players when Pakistan were in a winning position and ended up getting out later which ultimately lost Pakistan the game as the rest of the batsmen were under pressure as the wickets put the pressure back. 1996, Sohail smashes India and by the way he is playing it is like he will take Pakistan home but this idiot decides to go full cocky mode and stars abusing Venky Prasad after smashing him and tries to go for a big shot and gets clean bowled putting pressure back on Patheticstan . 1999, Pakistan bowlers set up a good total for Pakistan batsmen and Saeed Anwar and Shahid Afridi go swinging away and as it looks like they are destined to chase the target, Stupid Afridi filled with overconfidence tries to whack the next ball slicing a catch straight to the fielder then passengers Ijaz and Salim slow the game down ultimately slowing down the innings and Pakistan fall short. 2003, Cocky Akhtar tries hard to castle Tendulkar and impressively get him out by trying to bowl thunderbolts but Akthar ends up bowling absolute gun barrel straight pies and ends up getting smashed by Tendulkar and India which screwed up and put more pressure on Pakistani bowling and India chase with ease. 2011, Hafeez and Kamran look like they are going to take Pakistan home then Kamran gets out and Shafiq comes in with Hafeez and Hafeez has a brainfade from his overconfidence and tries to play a special t20esque shot but ends up giving catching practice to Dhoni and stupid Misbah scores a 50 for India.
    Bhai beet gye woh zamane. I know tough hi. But move on.
    And yes we know Pakistan beat india in the final of champions Trophy. Never mind.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previously there was banter. There was this satisfaction which i used to get gloating after a world cup game between India vs Pakistan.

But now, it isn't fun anymore. The shattered Pakistan team makes me more worried than happy. Because you guys are our rivalry. We want to beat you when you are at best. NOT when you are at lowest point.

That's why there's no "on your face" type of threads this time around.

Build your team. And then come against us strong. If we will win, we will gloat. If you will win next time, then you will have every reason to gloat.