Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan has the opportunity to end the streak in the next year's World Cup

I'm creating this thread from the bottom of my heart, if anyone is offended please feel free to message me and I will edit the post as needed, this thread is not being created to upset anyone, I respect all posters on this forum.

Years and Years of being made fun of and ridiculed.

Years and Years of being laughed at and being considers inferior in more ways than one.

Years and Years of being considered the "beta"

Yes, friends I'm talking about India's mindset of Pakistan.

A lot of people were quite easily humbled last year after Pakistan's victory in the CT Final, each and every nation's goal is to be respected.

Next year again India fights to keep it's streak alive with the World Cup being played in June coincidentally on the very same Sunday as the CT Final in 2017, coincidence you say? can't be...

The World Cup bought next year is on Father's day.

It's almost as if ICC purposely set India vs Pak on June, 16 2019, as if to say heh Pakistan you will never move forward as a country, we will not let you move forward, it's time for them/us to get revenge and put you back to where you belong.

As silly as it sounds I will be honest I'm very saddened by, it's like someone is out to get us.

With last year's victory our team moral has been high, our future is looking very bright, since that final Pakistani's have had the mindset of us being able to compete toe to toe with the best of them, we are the best team on our day.

Big time feel obviously even though it's a year away, the baap beta thing is not fun and games for Pakistani's, I can assure you it surely isn't for me.

Next year's result will be Huge for Pakistan history and legacy, it has the ability to humble a lot of people who have been at us since our creation, the hate certainly will not ever go away but like I said it will be a step in the right direction....a major step.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, this thread is not being created to start a war on the baap/beta saying, this thread is created for the sole purpose of Pakistan moving on as a country and as a nation, the saying being put to rest completely.

This is somewhat of a serious topic, I hope everyone can respect each other and have a genuine conversation.

Thoughts brothers?

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New faces, no scars from the past. Boys are going to break the streak. Heard it here first!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A highly bumpable thread one way or the other. That said the victim mentality of Pakistanis never ceases to amaze me. ( "Someone is out to get us" )

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soo there is ICCís conspiracy in the scheduling as well..wonder what will pak fans say if the eventual result is not in their favor

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Pakistanis were humble in victory. Most don't bring it up and a few insecure ones disregard it as a fluke. Some of us though like to troll the Indian fans who get out of line time and again. The CT final has given bragging rights to Pakistan, and next year's WC game will be another nail in the coffin for India IMO.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th June 2018 at 20:52.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dont be embarassed @LegendAli...
    Put forward what ever you wish...so what if anyone takes offence, big deal!

You are a supporter, and there are millions of us around the planet...no one has a say or control over how we feel...definitely not dingbats like us on this forum ...lol

Say true brother!

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    A lot of Pakistanis were humble in victory. Most don't bring it up and a few insecure ones disregard it as a fluke. Some of us though like to troll the Indian fans who get out of line time and again. The CT final has given bragging rights to Pakistan, and next year's WC game will be another nail in the coffin for India IMO.
    I am an Indian and I would say why should you be humble. We have been rubbing it in your faces for years and this time you got an opportunity to return the favor back. Come on, this is professional sport, not poem recital.We need some spice and some rivalry here.That makes the game exciting.
    On that note, your boys need to learn how to chase 250 and more before our next time. Because I bet Kohli wont repeat the blunder to bat second .

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both teams have an even chance when they walk out to the Manchester ground. There is no longer this absurd gap between both sides like there used to be till 2016. The odds are 50-50 on June 16th!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are getting too worked up with a bit of banter. Some of the victim mentality is really shocking too. Its just a game of cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is time for the streak to end, and it will be good for both teams.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well if you do win I will continue taunting my Pakistani friends 12-1. Learn to take a joke

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on the batting.

The bowling and fielding are up there. The batsmen have to deliver, and no pretty 20s and 30s at a 65-70% SR. Aggressive running, big shots and target the weaker bowlers. A positive is that, the tail is a lot smaller than compared to earlier. Even Amir is no muck with the bat.

The bowling side is set backed by excellent fielding. The only issue is the spinners wont find it easy to keep the Indian batsmen quiet. That said if Amir has one of his days and the form Hasan is in, they should be handful enough for India.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak batting will collapse against kuldeep and chahal,they have never faced them.Not in tests,not in ODIs or in T20s,not even in T20 leagues.Total unknown quantity.
    Last edited by austerlitz; 15th June 2018 at 15:33.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Pak batting will collapse against kuldeep and chahal,they have never faced them.Not in tests,not in ODIs or in T20s,not even in T20 leagues.Total unknown quantity.
    Will face them at least twice in Asia cup 2018 by then

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    I am an Indian and I would say why should you be humble. We have been rubbing it in your faces for years and this time you got an opportunity to return the favor back. Come on, this is professional sport, not poem recital.We need some spice and some rivalry here.That makes the game exciting.
    On that note, your boys need to learn how to chase 250 and more before our next time. Because I bet Kohli wont repeat the blunder to bat second .
    Our bowling won't let your lot go too far. 250 looks difficult for India against our bowling attack 2

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.It is past time now.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it time now for Pakistan to win against India, it will bring more spice to the long rivalry

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our bowling won't let your lot go too far. 250 looks difficult for India against our bowling attack 2
    Nz made 250+ each time in last odi series.
    We are better than nz.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Nz made 250+ each time in last odi series.
    We are better than nz.
    NZ in NZ. Playing India should not be a big deal for Pakistan. Remember these young guns have the experience of tonking the living daylights out of India in a pressure game.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna happen

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ in NZ. Playing India should not be a big deal for Pakistan. Remember these young guns have the experience of tonking the living daylights out of India in a pressure game.
    There have been many pakistani teams which have tonked us in non world cup games, but remember even a team as bad as ind in 1996 defeated your atg side.
    World cup pressure is 10◊ the pressure of these confederation cups.

"Playing India should not be a big deal for Pakistan."
    Lets talk after asia cup

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    There have been many pakistani teams which have tonked us in non world cup games, but remember even a team as bad as ind in 1996 defeated your atg side.
    World cup pressure is 10◊ the pressure of these confederation cups.

"Playing India should not be a big deal for Pakistan."
    Lets talk after asia cup
    A World Cup group game has more pressure than the CT final? Are you sure about that?

Yes, lets talk after June 16, 2019

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A World Cup group game has more pressure than the CT final? Are you sure about that?

" A World Cup group game has more pressure than the CT final? Are you sure about that?"
    Yeah if a team loses for consecutive 11 times, then yes.
    Yeah lets talk after 16 june.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were batting FIRST in the Final.And on today's pattas, you cant always stop a team under 250.We scored over 300 in the first match in CT itself and even Hassan got tonked.To beat us consistently, you need to find good batsmen who can chase well under pressure.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were batting FIRST in the Final.And on today's pattas, you cant always stop a team under 250.We scored over 300 in the first match in CT itself and even Hassan got tonked.To beat us consistently, you need to find good batsmen who can chase well under pressure.
    Excuses. Batting first or batting second, Pakistan would have still blown you away that day. As they will continue to do so here on

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuses. Batting first or batting second, Pakistan would have still blown you away that day. As they will continue to do so here on
    We will see in the Asia cup.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like you forgot what happened to the 1st encounter between India vs Pakistan in Champions Trophy when Kohli & co took on your Young guys Hasan Ali, Shadab and Imad and scored 319. Oh well! Your memory is only imprinted with only CT FInal and you are conviniently ingoring the thrashing you had in that first match with the same 'Young Guns'.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Looks like you forgot what happened to the 1st encounter between India vs Pakistan in Champions Trophy when Kohli & co took on your Young guys Hasan Ali, Shadab and Imad and scored 319. Oh well! Your memory is only imprinted with only CT FInal and you are conviniently ingoring the thrashing you had in that first match with the same 'Young Guns'.
    Yawn. We were playing with nine players that day. No coincidence as soon as we started playing with eleven on the field, we blew everyone away

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If pakistan chases then 0 percent chances. Infact dnt bother to play and if pakistan bats first lile champions trophy final then ,all the stars and all the things need to click for pakistan to win.chances are then 70 india 30 pakistan.
    India is n.o 1 team almost in all formats except t20. And its world cup match. No chamce for pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yawn. We were playing with nine players that day. No coincidence as soon as we started playing with eleven on the field, we blew everyone away
    Excuses! Excuses! Yamn fest!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is still inconsistent/mercurial .. call it whatever you want ..
    So it depends upon which team turns up on that particular day...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol threads like this are always made. The streak will end 1 day.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol threads like this are always made. The streak will end 1 day.
    And then people say world cup matches are not important. Let the match come ,you would see the crores of threads everywhere in tje world.That's the reason ,no match anywhere can take the place of world cup match and it makes everythrashing since the start of earth till now in world cups ,more interesting and sweet.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are favorites? That's good. Now I am feeling better.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Pakistan are favorites? That's good. Now I am feeling better.
    For the first time since 2003, Pakistan fans will be confident at a World Cup. People forget this team is VERY young with a lot of potential. Far cry from 2008-2016 where we were the butt of all jokes with mediocrity hanging to us like plague #feelsgoodman

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For the first time since 2003, Pakistan fans will be confident at a World Cup. People forget this team is VERY young with a lot of potential. Far cry from 2008-2016 where we were the butt of all jokes with mediocrity hanging to us like plague #feelsgoodman
    Pakistan made a big mistake by sacking Shoaib Malik as captain.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had a much better team in 2011.Only fielding is better now.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    The World Cup bought next year is on Father's day.

It's almost as if ICC purposely set India vs Pak on June, 16 2019, as if to say heh Pakistan you will never move forward as a country, we will not let you move forward, it's time for them/us to get revenge and put you back to where you belong.
    Lol This is the best part of OP

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with OP.This is perfect time for Pakistan to end the streak.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You had a much better team in 2011.Only fielding is better now.
    how can a team consisting of shehzad,younis,misbah,kamran,umer,shafiq better than current team.4 of them are not ODI batsmen and 2 are akmals 😢
    that team was depending heavily on spin trio of ajmal-hafeez-afridi.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ammar_merry View Post
    how can a team consisting of shehzad,younis,misbah,kamran,umer,shafiq better than current team.4 of them are not ODI batsmen and 2 are akmals 😢
    that team was depending heavily on spin trio of ajmal-hafeez-afridi.
    Did they get whitewashed by any team during their rein? They hold off famed Indian 2011 batting to 260 odd in India whereas your current boys got smoked for 320.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai congrats on amazing CT victory. Thoda arrogance kam kiya jaye!!!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they get whitewashed by any team during their rein? They hold off famed Indian 2011 batting to 260 odd in India whereas your current boys got smoked for 320.
    That team had experience, but a lot of bottlers. Hafees, Misbah, Afridi, Younis and Shafiq in an ODI team is basically committing suicide. Add to that Shehzad, who had SR issues and an inconsistent Kamran Akmal. The bowling attack was decent, since all three of Hafeez, Ajmal and Afridi were in good form. The only reason Pakistan did well in the 2011WC was because the conditions were tailor made for our team.

This team lacks in experience, but more than makes up for it in x-factor and belligerence.

Too much is being made of the whitewash in NZ. Yes Pakistan was poor, but NZ is very strong at home. England barely managed to beat them 3-2 , although I believe the gulf in quality between England and NZ is quite big.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on !! This is World Cup... we know the script.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To hell with all these threads, we all have been too many times to get fooled from false hope anymore, There is as much chance if Pak beating India on 16 june next WC as I have of becoming next US President, which mean zilch, so save yourself from another emotional disappointment, and pray we win our other matches and avoid India in knock outs that's our best chance, it's curse which Wil remain forever,,, whether you believe it or not,,

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That team had experience, but a lot of bottlers. Hafees, Misbah, Afridi, Younis and Shafiq in an ODI team is basically committing suicide. Add to that Shehzad, who had SR issues and an inconsistent Kamran Akmal. The bowling attack was decent, since all three of Hafeez, Ajmal and Afridi were in good form. The only reason Pakistan did well in the 2011WC was because the conditions were tailor made for our team.

This team lacks in experience, but more than makes up for it in x-factor and belligerence.

Too much is being made of the whitewash in NZ. Yes Pakistan was poor, but NZ is very strong at home. England barely managed to beat them 3-2 , although I believe the gulf in quality between England and NZ is quite big.
    What makes you think your current lot are not bottlers? Dude, they still cant chase 250 in this age of super pattas.See how they struggled against SL in CT.Look how your top order batted in NZ.Atleast Misbah had the hitting power better than your current lot.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Squad for WC

Fakhar
    Sharjeel / Malik
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Imad
    Haris Sohail
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid

Malik is far better opener than anyone available right now. And can partner with Fakhar to give a stable start. If anyone feels that he can be Dale Steyn bunny then, others can be too..
    Opening slot is the only place where I can see Malik in the team, and if he can get us beyond first 10 overs, then its job done

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st position 2002-2006 9 9 0 259 115 28.77 359 72.14 1 0 0 32 0 view innings
    2nd position 2002-2009 6 6 1 264 125* 52.80 344 76.74 1 1 0 32 1 view innings
    3rd position 2002-2015 37 37 1 1501 143 41.69 1854 80.96 3 10 1 146 17 view innings
    4th position 2002-2017 27 27 3 1001 128 41.70 1244 80.46 3 5 1 78 13 view innings
    5th position 2003-2018 66 66 15 1954 101* 38.31 2216 88.17 1 14 3 140 46 view innings
    6th position 2001-2018 64 64 8 1583 82* 28.26 1889 83.80 0 10 5 116 25 view innings
    7th position 2001-2013 13 13 5 263 52* 32.87 391 67.26 0 1 1 22 3 view innings
    8th position 2001-2005 6 6 2 73 44 18.25 97 75.25 0 0 1 4 0 view innings
    9th position 2000-2001 5 5 2 62 28 20.66 126 49.20 0 0 0 1 0 view innings
    10th position 1999-1999 3 3 1 15 12 7.50 10 150.00 0 0 1 0 1 view innings

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you think your current lot are not bottlers? Dude, they still cant chase 250 in this age of super pattas.See how they struggled against SL in CT.Look how your top order batted in NZ.Atleast Misbah had the hitting power better than your current lot.
    Misbah had better hitting power than Fakhar Zaman, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf or even the current Mohammad Hafeez? I guess you did not watch that team much. The current lot is better than the class of 2011, and they will do fine chasing anything above 250 with a bit of experience

I've already mentioned NZ in NZ was an abberation. The same players proceeded to smash the NZ attack for two 180+ scores in the T20s. The team of 2008-2016 would have succumbed to below par scores and praying for Ajmal, Hafeez and Afridi to bail them out

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we won't be arrogant and over confident this time and continue our streak. Stay humble and respect the opposition.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    To hell with all these threads, we all have been too many times to get fooled from false hope anymore, There is as much chance if Pak beating India on 16 june next WC as I have of becoming next US President, which mean zilch, so save yourself from another emotional disappointment, and pray we win our other matches and avoid India in knock outs that's our best chance, it's curse which Wil remain forever,,, whether you believe it or not,,
    It will break one day. Most probably at a time when Pakistani fans will not be expecting it from their team.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All records/streaks are meant to be broken. This one will break too.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah had better hitting power than Fakhar Zaman, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf or even the current Mohammad Hafeez? I guess you did not watch that team much. The current lot is better than the class of 2011, and they will do fine chasing anything above 250 with a bit of experience

I've already mentioned NZ in NZ was an abberation. The same players proceeded to smash the NZ attack for two 180+ scores in the T20s. The team of 2008-2016 would have succumbed to below par scores and praying for Ajmal, Hafeez and Afridi to bail them out
    Dude, if winning T20s could win you ODIs then Windies would have been the world champions now.And that approach is exaclty your problem.Your batsmen has only two modes while under pressure.Tuk-tuking or going berserk.Second approach could win you T20s but not ODIs.And yes, Misbah was a much better hitter than your current crop.He smoked Bhajji 4 sixes an over in 2007 and also did some late over hitting in 2011 and even 2015 too.
    And its not only about NZ series.Check your recent series results against non-minnows in the last two years.Lost to Australia (1-4), lost to England(1-4),lost to Nz early in 2016 for 0-2.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    My Squad for WC

Fakhar
    Sharjeel / Malik
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Imad
    Haris Sohail
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Amir
    Hassan
    Junaid

Malik is far better opener than anyone available right now. And can partner with Fakhar to give a stable start. If anyone feels that he can be Dale Steyn bunny then, others can be too..
    Opening slot is the only place where I can see Malik in the team, and if he can get us beyond first 10 overs, then its job done
    Imad? as in Imad Wasim? come on man.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, if winning T20s could win you ODIs then Windies would have been the world champions now.And that approach is exaclty your problem.Your batsmen has only two modes while under pressure.Tuk-tuking or going berserk.Second approach could win you T20s but not ODIs.And yes, Misbah was a much better hitter than your current crop.He smoked Bhajji 4 sixes an over in 2007 and also did some late over hitting in 2011 and even 2015 too.
    And its not only about NZ series.Check your recent series results against non-minnows in the last two years.Lost to Australia (1-4), lost to England(1-4),lost to Nz early in 2016 for 0-2.
    'Dude', I refuse to take you seriously if examples of Misbah's power-hitting are a rubbish spinner getting bashed for a few sixes, and 'also did some late over hitting in 2011 and 2015 '. Stop making posts just for the sake of it. No Pakistan fan here says our batting is very good, its adequate for the bowling attack.

Also, England 2016 and Australia 2017 were very different teams, under Azhar Ali FGS. Where's Fakhar, Shadab, Faheem, even Hasan was hardly five months into international cricket. We beat South Africa and England in the CT, which are two very strong teams. India was always going to get blown away after what we did to England, didn't matter what form they were in. We've had two ODI series since the CT. One, we whitewashed Sri Lanka while we ended up getting whitewashed ourselves in New Zealand. Not a big enough sample size to label the team as rubbish. The coming few months has Pakistan face up to New Zealand, Australia and South Africa in consecutive ODI series. Then they travel to England right before the WC. We will know where this team really stands then

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Dude', I refuse to take you seriously if examples of Misbah's power-hitting are a rubbish spinner getting bashed for a few sixes, and 'also did some late over hitting in 2011 and 2015 '. Stop making posts just for the sake of it. No Pakistan fan here says our batting is very good, its adequate for the bowling attack.

Also, England 2016 and Australia 2017 were very different teams, under Azhar Ali FGS. Where's Fakhar, Shadab, Faheem, even Hasan was hardly five months into international cricket. We beat South Africa and England in the CT, which are two very strong teams. India was always going to get blown away after what we did to England, didn't matter what form they were in. We've had two ODI series since the CT. One, we whitewashed Sri Lanka while we ended up getting whitewashed ourselves in New Zealand. Not a big enough sample size to label the team as rubbish. The coming few months has Pakistan face up to New Zealand, Australia and South Africa in consecutive ODI series. Then they travel to England right before the WC. We will know where this team really stands then
    I quoted Misbah's performances against us in Worldcups while chasing.Sorry for not mentioning it specifically.
    You have admitted that your batting is not good enough but got wrong in the assesment that your bowling is good enough.No bowling lineup is good enough in this age of superpattas.Even the likes of Mitchell Starc and Billy Stanlake are getting creamed.In tis era, ODIs are batsmen's game and you just dont have that strength in yours to beat ours consistantly.
    If you analyze our change of fortunes from 2003, you could see its mostly due to the strong middle order batsmen.Yuvi,Dhoni,Raina in particular .Folks who run harder and can hit even harder when the chance arrives and more importantly stable under pressure.Now kohli is carrying that mantle single handedly.
    One-off wins in tournaments doesnt make anyone worldbeaters.We had beaten Aussies in our worst 90's but those were rare and few and we all knew who was superior and more likely to win back then.
    After CT, you have won against a hapless Lankan team whom even our list A teams would beat 9 out of 10 times.And then got whitewashed against a NZ team by 5-0. Five matches, Bhaijan.Five on a trot.It is a very high amount and your top order batting performance was the worst in them.
    So in nut shell, there is no proof that your batsmen can do it while chasing against non-minnow teams yet and I dont see that quality in any of your current batsmen.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 17th June 2018 at 08:29.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always good to take a player who has better records overseas, rather than selecting some oldie like Hafeez or untested Nawaz(who has never played an innings of more than 20 balls)
    And Imad is very good against non-Asian teams

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

Innings by innings list
    Runs Mins BF 4s 6s SR Pos Dismissal Inns Opposition Ground Start DateAscending
    DNB - - - - - - - 1 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 19 Jul 2015 ODI # 3670
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v Sri Lanka Colombo (RPS) 22 Jul 2015 ODI # 3671
    15 23 17 2 0 88.23 7 caught 2 v Sri Lanka Hambantota 26 Jul 2015 ODI # 3672
    61 81 61 5 0 100.00 7 run out 1 v Zimbabwe Harare 1 Oct 2015 ODI # 3685
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v Zimbabwe Harare 5 Oct 2015 ODI # 3687
    1 4 4 0 0 25.00 7 caught 2 v New Zealand Wellington 25 Jan 2016 ODI # 3728
    0* - 2 0 0 0.00 8 not out 1 v Ireland Dublin (Malahide) 18 Aug 2016 ODI # 3767
    17* 22 20 1 0 85.00 8 not out 1 v England Southampton 24 Aug 2016 ODI # 3770
    63* 104 70 5 1 90.00 7 not out 1 v England Lord's 27 Aug 2016 ODI # 3771
    57* 55 41 7 1 139.02 8 not out 1 v England Leeds 1 Sep 2016 ODI # 3775
    16* 27 19 2 0 84.21 8 not out 2 v England Cardiff 4 Sep 2016 ODI # 3777
    24 35 24 2 0 100.00 7 bowled 1 v West Indies Sharjah 30 Sep 2016 ODI # 3784
    11 20 9 1 0 122.22 6 bowled 1 v West Indies Sharjah 2 Oct 2016 ODI # 3788
    4 - 6 0 0 66.66 7 caught 1 v West Indies Abu Dhabi 5 Oct 2016 ODI # 3789
    29 54 36 1 1 80.55 7 caught 2 v Australia Brisbane 13 Jan 2017 ODI # 3817
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v Australia Melbourne 15 Jan 2017 ODI # 3818
    9 21 13 1 0 69.23 7 caught 1 v Australia Perth 19 Jan 2017 ODI # 3820
    25 34 17 2 0 147.05 8 caught 2 v Australia Sydney 22 Jan 2017 ODI # 3822
    6* - 6 0 0 100.00 7 not out 1 v West Indies Providence 7 Apr 2017 ODI # 3861
    43* - 35 2 2 122.85 7 not out 1 v West Indies Providence 9 Apr 2017 ODI # 3862
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v West Indies Providence 11 Apr 2017 ODI # 3863
    0 5 1 0 0 0.00 7 caught 2 v India Birmingham 4 Jun 2017 ODI # 3878
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v South Africa Birmingham 7 Jun 2017 ODI # 3881
    4 6 3 1 0 133.33 7 caught 2 v Sri Lanka Cardiff 12 Jun 2017 ODI # 3888
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v England Cardiff 14 Jun 2017 ODI # 3889
    25* 35 21 1 1 119.04 6 not out 1 v India The Oval 18 Jun 2017 ODI # 3894
    10* - 5 0 1 200.00 7 not out 1 v Sri Lanka Dubai (DSC) 13 Oct 2017 ODI # 3922
    10 - 26 0 0 38.46 7 lbw 1 v Sri Lanka Abu Dhabi 16 Oct 2017 ODI # 3924
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v Sri Lanka Sharjah 20 Oct 2017 ODI # 3927
    DNB - - - - - - - 2 v Sri Lanka Sharjah 23 Oct 2017 ODI # 3930

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opps I made mistake..

Drop Mohammed Amir for Usman Shinwari

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asch Ali View Post
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    My blood is boiling! Imad Wasim? are you serious?

Where is Hasan Ali? BTW.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    My blood is boiling! Imad Wasim? are you serious?

Where is Hasan Ali? BTW.
    Who should I put then? Shoaib Malik?? HAHAHAHA

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali doesn’t merit himself because of Shaheen and Shinwari

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali merits a place in any team right now, and I hope it remain same for next year.
    Shaheen Afridi is too young, did n't get a chance, and I dont like an idea of going with 3 left arm pacer, of almost same pace, same qualities.

As for Imad Wasim, I dont know why people are against him. He is far better batsman than Nawaz(check stats). And bowling wise, he is more economical, always bowled in difficult situations and his wickets are almost all top batsmen of opposition team. He adds that dart bowling variety to already varied bowling attack, which is good.The only area where he lost it, is his fitness because of recent injuries.

Nawaz played the same 7/8 number in batting as Imad, and if you exclude that one innings of 53 against Ireland, then he has 107 runs in 9 innings.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/348148.html

vs

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/227758.html

I WILL TAKE IMAD WASIM over Hafeez and Nawaz any day.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali doesnít merit himself because of Shaheen and Shinwari
    You can't be serious with this^

Shaheen is a glorified trundler with Afridi name tag carrying him so far. ( young so potential to develop for sure)

Shinwari is an absolute hit and miss player and is way behind in bowling brains that Hassan posseses to set a batsman up and outhink him. Not to mention Hassan is faster and skiddy with a huge reputation as well now being the no 1 bowler for some time

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    No Amir against India?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    You can't be serious with this^

Shaheen is a glorified trundler with Afridi name tag carrying him so far. ( young so potential to develop for sure)

Shinwari is an absolute hit and miss player and is way behind in bowling brains that Hassan posseses to set a batsman up and outhink him. Not to mention Hassan is faster and skiddy with a huge reputation as well now being the no 1 bowler for some time
    Shinwari is more talented. He can swing the ball miles and take multiple wickets in an over unlike Amir. Give Shaheen MORE chances and he will prove to better than Hasan Ali.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No Amir against India?
    Shinwari is the opening bowler for Pakistan. He is one of the most deadliest opening bowlers in the world. He has taken a 5 wicket haul in 3 overs multiple times opening the bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quoted Misbah's performances against us in Worldcups while chasing.Sorry for not mentioning it specifically.
    You have admitted that your batting is not good enough but got wrong in the assesment that your bowling is good enough.No bowling lineup is good enough in this age of superpattas.Even the likes of Mitchell Starc and Billy Stanlake are getting creamed.In tis era, ODIs are batsmen's game and you just dont have that strength in yours to beat ours consistantly.
    If you analyze our change of fortunes from 2003, you could see its mostly due to the strong middle order batsmen.Yuvi,Dhoni,Raina in particular .Folks who run harder and can hit even harder when the chance arrives and more importantly stable under pressure.Now kohli is carrying that mantle single handedly.
    One-off wins in tournaments doesnt make anyone worldbeaters.We had beaten Aussies in our worst 90's but those were rare and few and we all knew who was superior and more likely to win back then.
    After CT, you have won against a hapless Lankan team whom even our list A teams would beat 9 out of 10 times.And then got whitewashed against a NZ team by 5-0. Five matches, Bhaijan.Five on a trot.It is a very high amount and your top order batting performance was the worst in them.
    So in nut shell, there is no proof that your batsmen can do it while chasing against non-minnow teams yet and I dont see that quality in any of your current batsmen.
    You are thinking up way too many excuses to not rate this team. As I said, the true worth of this ODI team will show in the coming few months when they take on Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England in a short span of time. I believe these young guys will only get better and I won't be surprised if we manage a few series wins

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is the opening bowler for Pakistan. He is one of the most deadliest opening bowlers in the world. He has taken a 5 wicket haul in 3 overs multiple times opening the bowling.
    How many times for Pakistan?Just once I reckon.He is a good bowler and deserves more chances too but please don’t invent false stats to prove your point.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    1)Shaheen Afridi has proved nothing so far to be included next year in the XI.
    2)How many spinners will you play in England?You have Shadab,Nawaz and Imad.
    3)Babar Azam as a wicketkeeper.Seriously?
    4)You dropped last years Champions Trophy MOTS.The next WC will also be in England around the same time period.
    5)Imad Wasim at 6 .What a batting lineup.
    6)Babar should be at 3,Asif should be at 6.
    7)You want Amir dropped at the expense of Shinwari.Ok.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't India drop an ODI to Sri Lanka at home recently? Also managed to lose a T20 to Lanka in the Nidahas Trophy I'm sure. You're telling me your list A teams are better than the national teams that played in those games?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are thinking up way too many excuses to not rate this team. As I said, the true worth of this ODI team will show in the coming few months when they take on Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England in a short span of time. I believe these young guys will only get better and I won't be surprised if we manage a few series wins
    I dont rate anybody unless they produce actual results against non-minnows.That is why I dont even rate hacks like Pant who otherwise get great rep from Indian fans.And my comment is against your claim that your current batsmen are not bottlers for which I see no evidence to backup.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont rate anybody unless they produce actual results against non-minnows.That is why I dont even rate hacks like Pant who otherwise get great rep from Indian fans.And my comment is against your claim that your current batsmen are not bottlers for which I see no evidence to backup.
    Fair enough. I mean I consider India bottlers, given how they have choked in major ICC tournament matches in the past four years now. So I guess its a bit like that for you in terms of our batting

The sample size for these guys is very small. Lets see if they can change perceptions in the coming few months by performing against major opposition

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If given the options what will you choose - End of streak or Winning the World Cup?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNotAFanOfThings View Post
    If given the options what will you choose - End of streak or Winning the World Cup?
    Ending the streak would merely soothe their ego. Winning the World Cup is what we call an achievement.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Ending the streak would merely soothe their ego. Winning the World Cup is what we call an achievement.
    Will be interesting to see how Pakistani supporters respond.

I'm certain most Indians will choose winning the world Cup over losing to Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My XI would be

Fakhar
    Malik
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Haris/Hussain Talat (Haris, if he is fit)
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Hassan
    Amir
    Junaid

Bench:
    Imam Ul Haq -- Inzi will make sure he is there and at least gets WC participation fee
    Hussain/Haris
    Shinwari -- Mickey loves him a lot
    +2

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    Lool. I hope you are not serious. Babar as wicket keeper, imad ,Nawaz, no amir or Hasan Ali. I hope you put this team up by mistake but then again you want Asif to open in all formats akmal brothers in test team including Shan ,Asif, butt etc.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNotAFanOfThings View Post
    Anyone who says the streak is not a real fan. The streak is only good for bragging rights