Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2 spots will either go to our Media choices, or our well (un)deserved Seniors

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asch Ali View Post
    Best XI that WILL win:

1. Sharjeel Khan
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Asif Ali
    4. Babar Azam (wk)
    5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c)
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Mohammed Nawaz
    10. Mohammed Amir
    11. Shaheen Afridi
    No Talat, Haris, Hasan? And Asif Ali at 3? Imad at 6? And Nawaz and Afridi?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    1)Shaheen Afridi has proved nothing so far to be included next year in the XI.
    2)How many spinners will you play in England?You have Shadab,Nawaz and Imad.
    3)Babar Azam as a wicketkeeper.Seriously?
    4)You dropped last years Champions Trophy MOTS.The next WC will also be in England around the same time period.
    5)Imad Wasim at 6 .What a batting lineup.
    6)Babar should be at 3,Asif should be at 6.
    7)You want Amir dropped at the expense of Shinwari.Ok.
    Hasan Ali is overrated. Babar Azam can play 4 no big deal. I am playing 3 spinners all of which are good and can bat. We currently play 3 in T20s anyways. Sarfaraz Ahmed should not keep he should just be captain. Also Asif Ali is batting at 3 only because Sharjeel Khan is opening. Shinwari is better than Amir, there is no need of justification for that. Shaheen should be included because he is young and has a shining futures

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    No Talat, Haris, Hasan? And Asif Ali at 3? Imad at 6? And Nawaz and Afridi?
    Harris is simply not good enough. Talat can be subbed in for Nawaz, but he is our second option. Asif Ali CAN be the opener that means Fakhar will have to play at 3. Imad Wasim is a pinch hitter and 6 is perfect for him. Afridi is a really good bowler. Afridi > Hasan Ali.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lool. I hope you are not serious. Babar as wicket keeper, imad ,Nawaz, no amir or Hasan Ali. I hope you put this team up by mistake but then again you want Asif to open in all formats akmal brothers in test team including Shan ,Asif, butt etc.
    We can discuss my Test team somewhere else. The only thing huge about my World Cup XI is that Amir/Hasan are dropped and rightfully so for Shinwari/Shaheen. Hasan Ali is a expensive bowler whilst Amir is a wicketless bowler. Too many FLAWS in our bowling attack. Why not give bowlers who actually have been bowling WELL a chance? Huh?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We can discuss my Test team somewhere else. The only thing huge about my World Cup XI is that Amir/Hasan are dropped and rightfully so for Shinwari/Shaheen. Hasan Ali is a expensive bowler whilst Amir is a wicketless bowler. Too many FLAWS in our bowling attack. Why not give bowlers who actually have been bowling WELL a chance? Huh?
    Drop the 2 bowlers who won you the champions trophy and saying that althey are rightfully dropped and a guy with no matches and one with 3 is better then them. I like both of them mind you. How can you justify Babar keeping , plus imad and Nawaz are awful selections. Considering when you have someone like talat.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated. Babar Azam can play 4 no big deal. I am playing 3 spinners all of which are good and can bat. We currently play 3 in T20s anyways. Sarfaraz Ahmed should not keep he should just be captain. Also Asif Ali is batting at 3 only because Sharjeel Khan is opening. Shinwari is better than Amir, there is no need of justification for that. Shaheen should be included because he is young and has a shining futures
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that ‘ he is young’ is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20’s is ok.3 spinners in ODI’s in England,that’s a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isn’t keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasn’t kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you don’t have anything to prove it?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that Ď he is youngí is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20ís is ok.3 spinners in ODIís in England,thatís a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isnít keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasnít kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you donít have anything to prove it?
    He's seen them play in his dreams just like his next test team for us. His justification is that they are overrated. Plus anyone can wicketkeep hence he's gone with Babar. Tommorow he might make amir the keeper because he will be the first wicket keeper who can bowl 10 over hence allowing us to play someone like Shan at 11 he might be a decent no 11 for us when we are 9 down.
    Last edited by Khan12; 18th June 2018 at 00:21.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNotAFanOfThings View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Pakistani supporters respond.

I'm certain most Indians will choose winning the world Cup over losing to Pakistan.
    As an Indian fan, I would choose a WC over losing to Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did someone say Hasan Ali is overrated?

You must have unrealistic expectations from your players if you think he is overrated. He is the finest young fast bowler in the world.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Did someone say Hasan Ali is overrated?

You must have unrealistic expectations from your players if you think he is overrated. He is the finest young fast bowler in the world.
    I donít trust certain peopleís opinions especially if they are Indian. No offense, but a lot of them will support/rate a player that isnít good high just so Pakistan will loose. For example, a lot of Aussies commentators rate Shehzad high just to make him come on and stay on the team and loose the game for Pakistan. Same case with Indians with Hasan Ali

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is overrated?He won you the Champions Trophy.He was the No.1 bowler in the world and is the best of our attack.Your inclusion of Shaheen on the basis that ‘ he is young’ is wrong.Younger does not mean better.

3 spinners in T20’s is ok.3 spinners in ODI’s in England,that’s a different thing.

Sarfraz does not merit a place in the squad if he isn’t keeper.And you want Babar(our most successful batsman) to become keeper in place of him.Babar,who probably hasn’t kept in any professional cricket.

How is Shi wari better than Amir?Are you not providing any justification because you don’t have anything to prove it?
    Hasan Ali didn’t win us Champions Trophy. Just because he toke the most wickets for Pakistan (most of them not impactful/impotent) Doesn’t make him the winner for Pakistan.

We won the Champions Trophy because of ECONOMIC constrained spin bowling. We won because of Sarfaraz’s fifty. We won because of Fakhar’s hundred.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop the 2 bowlers who won you the champions trophy and saying that althey are rightfully dropped and a guy with no matches and one with 3 is better then them. I like both of them mind you. How can you justify Babar keeping , plus imad and Nawaz are awful selections. Considering when you have someone like talat.
    Imad/Nawaz are EXCELLENT bowlers. On top of that, they are great batsmen.

Nawaz is most economic bowler in the history of PSL.
    Imad was the top ranking T20 bowler in the world.
    Nawaz/Imad both strike at 100+ and have fifties.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imad/Nawaz are EXCELLENT bowlers. On top of that, they are great batsmen.

Nawaz is most economic bowler in the history of PSL.
    Imad was the top ranking T20 bowler in the world.
    Nawaz/Imad both strike at 100+ and have fifties.
    And Babar is the best wicketkeeper in the world. You don't even answer the question just pick and choose. If Nawaz and imad are great batsmens then Chris Martin is a decent bat too.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Babar is the best wicketkeeper in the world. You don't even answer the question just pick and choose. If Nawaz and imad are great batsmens then Chris Martin is a decent bat too.
    Imad averages 162 in England AS a lower order batsmen with a STRIKE RATE of 120!! He is basically Bradman, comparing him to Chris Martin who averaged less than 5 is a COMPLETE joke. Sorrry dude, but just look up stats before you insult a good player.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forget streak, Pakistan will win the World Cup.. History will Repeat itself!

1983: India win World Cup
    1985: India win the World Championship Trophy
    1987: Australia win the World Cup
    1992: Pakistan win the world cup.

2011: India win the World Cup
    2013: India win Champions Trophy.
    2015: Australia win the World Cup
    2019:......Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    Forget streak, Pakistan will win the World Cup.. History will Repeat itself!

1983: India win World Cup
    1985: India win the World Championship Trophy
    1987: Australia win the World Cup
    1992: Pakistan win the world cup.

2011: India win the World Cup
    2013: India win Champions Trophy.
    2015: Australia win the World Cup
    2019:......Pakistan
    If only the world cup was scheduled in 2020. This is a conspiracy by BCCICC.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I donít trust certain peopleís opinions especially if they are Indian. No offense, but a lot of them will support/rate a player that isnít good high just so Pakistan will loose. For example, a lot of Aussies commentators rate Shehzad high just to make him come on and stay on the team and loose the game for Pakistan. Same case with Indians with Hasan Ali
    And Indians rating Hasan Ali will make the Pak selectors pick him in the team regardless of performance?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I don't know about you but I'm very nervous.

Fathers day is upon us, Pakistan's bragging rights for the past 2 years is in serious jeopardy.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watching India perform in Australia and NZ, I genuinely dont know how team Pakistan will win.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Watching India perform in Australia and NZ, I genuinely dont know how team Pakistan will win.
    Like they beat eng in the ct17 semi final.
    It is about how u play on THAT day.
    Maybe India will replicate their 4th odi performance. You can never predict.
    India has some weaknesses

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post

Fathers day is upon us, Pakistan's bragging rights for the past 2 years is in serious jeopardy.
    Tbh the bragging rights have been taken after the asia cup failure.
    The WC is the perfect opportunity for us to get them back

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's unlikely that we will beat India but anything is possible.

But if we don't win the game, can we at least complete? Aboslultey sick of being beaten black and blue by India. At times it feels like India are in 2nd or 3rd gear when playing us. I think the pressure of the occasion gets to the players. We just need play the game and not the occasion.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is Father's day related to all this?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highly unlikely as Pak is a very average team, while india are the best currently, on top Sarf is proving to be joke of a captain.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    InshAllah, 2019 will be the year one streak ends and another begins. I'm backing both Pakistan and India to make the semis for this reason.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Everyday is not Sunday..... Saffers of 90s-2000s used to smash everyone and their aunt (minus the Aussies) but come the WC they played almost as bad as us. It's about what happens on the day. That's the beauty of world tournaments.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    How is Father's day related to all this?
    Please read my Original Post.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If not this time then some other time. Nothing last forever. My advice to the team would just be to keep this fact in mind, keep calm and not get all too wound up about it.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Instead of thinking about this streak, just go out and play best of your ability. WC win against India will come sooner or later.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    If not this time then some other time. Nothing last forever. My advice to the team would just be to keep this fact in mind, keep calm and not get all too wound up about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Instead of thinking about this streak, just go out and play best of your ability. WC win against India will come sooner or later.
    But this upcoming World Cup match up is on Father's day, you know as well as I do, Indians will have a heyday with a win here for the rest of their lives, ESPECIALLY since Pakistan fans have been doing the same since Father's day 2017 (CT Final).

I know it sounds silly and immature, but am I even somewhat wrong?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But this upcoming World Cup match up is on Father's day, you know as well as I do, Indians will have a heyday with a win here for the rest of their lives, ESPECIALLY since Pakistan fans have been doing the same since Father's day 2017 (CT Final).

I know it sounds silly and immature, but am I even somewhat wrong?
    Even if we start beating them for the next 100 years it still wouldn’t stop some Indians from trolling us. So it’s kind of pointless to worry about how aggressively some idiot would react to their team’s victory.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Even if we start beating them for the next 100 years it still wouldn’t stop some Indians from trolling us. So it’s kind of pointless to worry about how aggressively some idiot would react to their team’s victory.
    Well to be fair the CT Final win without a doubt in my mind shut up more of them then we could imagine.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Pakistanis players to make some statements before the game...ghar ka kohli