Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Football's coming home! It's coming home it's coming! 3 Lions on the shirt!

Come on England! Am feeling the magic, we're going to do it this time!

Our cornered Lions are going to SHOCK the Universe, they may be among the most inexperienced squads in the tournament but we FEAR NO ONE!

No team born from their mother will stop England from GLORY!

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    We still believe, we still believe
    It's coming home,
    It's coming home, it's coming
    Football's coming home
    It's coming home,
    It's coming home, it's coming!

30 years of hurt
    Never stopped me dreaming
    I know that was then
    But it could happen again

Sing with me @Markhor @Robert @James @KingKhanWC @Red Devil @Adil_94 and you to @Slog
    Last edited by shaz619; 18th June 2018 at 12:25.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    We will reach the semis at the very least and then it's all about who handles the pressure better but I genuinly believe in these youngsters more then any other England team in over 10 years

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Yes lets beat Tunisia and bring the cup home - baqee games ko choro

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England is winning the world cup, u heard from me first

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's the weakest England squad i've seen go into the World Cup. But England have the attack to score goals.

Good Luck England, let's bring the Cup back to Birmingham..London and other cities too.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, no chance!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    ENG looking sharp as usual at the early part, but they often loose steam. To be honest, ENG gives me an impression of Everton - a good team, but just not the top notch; missing a little bit in almost every aspect. I'll have to see them against Belgium first, but I'll be surprised if they move beyond QF (which is also looking tight, if they don't win group against Belgium).

What confuses us with ENG team and it's ranking is exactly like PAK's T20 ranking for me. FIFA ranking is based on lots, lots of friendlies, where often teams play safety first game, hence EPL battle hardened English players dominate friendlies through their physical presence and hit & run game, but ENG's tournament result is pathetic for too long. Jordan Henderson sums it up for me - a good honest hard working mid-fielder (& our Captain at Liverpool), but will he make the squad of France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Belgium or Argentina, even Portugal?

Good luck for England, they are playing well here.
    Last edited by MMHS; 18th June 2018 at 18:33.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    ENG looking sharp as usual at the early part, but they often loose steam. To be honest, ENG gives me an impression of Everton - a good team, but just not the top notch; missing a little bit in almost every aspect. I'll have to see them against Belgium first, but I'll be surprised if they move beyond QF (which is also looking tight, if they don't win group against Belgium).

What confuses us with ENG team and it's ranking is exactly like PAK's T20 ranking for me. FIFA ranking is based on lots, lots of friendlies, where often teams play safety first game, hence EPL battle hardened English players dominate friendlies through their physical presence and hit & run game, but ENG's tournament result is pathetic for too long. Jordan Henderson sums it up for me - a good honest hard working mid-fielder (& our Captain at Liverpool), but will he make the squad of France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Belgium or Argentina, even Portugal?

Good luck for England, they are playing well here.
    Created so many chances here but need to finish, a QF result would be very good but I believe they can go one better. They are missing that X-Factor, someone like a ronaldo would do wonders for them but will need to play collectively and get their tactics on point to cover the cracks and punch above their weight, there is more desire and hunger in this team and am hoping it takes them a long way

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    England have been disappointing so far in this match

Tunisia aren't that good but England are not even making good chances despite knowing that they are safe at the back

Belgium won't sit back like this and could destroy them if on song

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    England have been disappointing so far in this match

Tunisia aren't that good but England are not even making good chances despite knowing that they are safe at the back

Belgium won't sit back like this and could destroy them if on song
    They were in total control but could have done better taking their chances in the box but were also helf back by poor reffing and the special Mixed Martial Arts skills by the Tunisian defenders, in the end justice was served for the character they displayed with that finish from Kane in injury time. Well done my beloved England ! Tears of Joy ! It has been century's since we won an opener

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    We don't have Ronaldo or Messi but we have Harry Kane @MMHS

There's only one Harry Kane! One Harry Kane! Walking along, singing his song, Walking in a Harry Wonderland!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Yes lets beat Tunisia and bring the cup home - baqee games ko choro
    Watch MIG and the others come out from under their sofa to jump on the bandwaggon now

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    942 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I could not care less about England or international football for that matter.

I'd rather see Liverpool win a pre-season friendly than England win a World Cup match because I invest too much emotionally in club matches.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    England is winning the world cup, u heard from me first
    When they do I will run 10 laps around the birmingham bull ring naked

@KingKhanWC

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't play that team against the big boys.
    Actually you know what we should just go for it!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When they do I will run 10 laps around the birmingham bull ring naked

@KingKhanWC
    I would come to watch and support you but I'm busy on the 15th of July.

In sport you never know especially when you have a great striker and some good attacking players.

England will likely face Columbia in the knockouts, who are a very good team but a win against them and it's tournament on.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    We don't have Ronaldo or Messi but we have Harry Kane @MMHS

There's only one Harry Kane! One Harry Kane! Walking along, singing his song, Walking in a Harry Wonderland!
    Good No. 9 indeed - but, WC's are hardly contested by No. 9s (unless it's like fat Ronaldo). I think, if ENG is to do well, Sterling & Alli has to have a bumper WC. Even today, aprt from set pieces against a poor;y organized defense, there wasn't much penetration. From next game, teams'll mark Kane better, which can allow Sterling & Alli more space.

Overall good show (that goal was conceded from a defensive howler, won't happen every day), and great game by Captain ........ may be he should start looking for mansions around Madrid.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England has been my pick all along to win the tourney. Beligum is my fav I hope they win but I am feeling the 3 lions this time.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yer not happening.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on England! Am feeling the magic, we're going to do it this time!

Our cornered Lions are going to SHOCK the Universe, they may be among the most inexperienced squads in the tournament but we FEAR NO ONE!

No team born from their mother will stop England from GLORY!
    They won't even reach Semi ........

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some English people are going crazy Mad footballing culture we have here

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2018-06-19 at 8.41.38 PM.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  44.7 KB

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is going to happen, but England have a decent chance of making a big impression this time around. Their so-called golden generation was overrated, dysfunctional and could never gel together because of club rivalries.

However, things are different with this squad. The players do not believe in their own hype and neither have the press put them on a pedestal. It is also a more cohesive group. They are also lead by a proper talisman in Kane, who in my opinion, is the greatest footballer England has produced since Gazza.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don't think it is going to happen, but England have a decent chance of making a big impression this time around. Their so-called golden generation was overrated, dysfunctional and could never gel together because of club rivalries.

However, things are different with this squad. The players do not believe in their own hype and neither have the press put them on a pedestal. It is also a more cohesive group. They are also lead by a proper talisman in Kane, who in my opinion, is the greatest footballer England has produced since Gazza.
    I hope so and believe they can do a lot better then teams over the past few world cups, the squad balance is better and there's more desire which you expect with a young team.

You could be right about Kane being greatest since Gazza but no love for Michael Owen

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I hope so and believe they can do a lot better then teams over the past few world cups, the squad balance is better and there's more desire which you expect with a young team.

You could be right about Kane being greatest since Gazza but no love for Michael Owen
    Owen was a top talent, but he was exposed outside his comfort zone, and injuries ruined him as well. Kane appears to be a different kettle of fish, and is England's best hope of winning the World Cup/Euros.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England all the way. Happy with the win. Have a lot to improve
    Want to see more of Loftus Cheek . Need Sterling to step up.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England manager Gareth Southgate dislocates shoulder while running

Gareth Southgate has become the first major casualty of England’s World Cup campaign after dislocating his right shoulder while running near the team’s base on the Gulf of Finland.

The England manager suffered the injury while jogging in the beach resort of Repino on Wednesday, a scheduled day off for his squad which most had used to visit family and friends in St Petersburg. Southgate was treated in a nearby hospital, with the assistance of the England team doctor, Rob Chakraverty, and said he would have to temper any fist-pumping celebrations over the remainder of the tournament.

“I might not be celebrating any goals as athletically in future,” he said. “The doc has made it clear that punching the air is not an option. We have got such a great support team and they were there very quickly. They were supposed to be relaxing because we let the players have a bit of time off and I am causing them work. We are lucky we have a top-class medical team around us, so it was fine. I had brilliant help from them, and I am just sorry I managed to ruin their day off.”

Southgate, his right arm in a sling, was back at the team’s training base in Repino on Wednesday evening in time to hold a scheduled meeting with his squad before dinner, looking towards Sunday’s second Group G fixture, against Panama.

“It is better this is me than one of the players,” he added. “They were a bit surprised in the team meeting and were asking: ‘What have you been doing?’ As always, they were probably quite amused. It is good that we have had a quiet day today so I had prepared the meeting before and we are on to preparations for Panama. I am just a bit gutted because I was on for my record 10k time.”

The manager joins Dele Alli in the treatment room – Marcus Rashford has now recovered from a knock to his knee suffered back at St George’s Park prior to departure – with the Tottenham midfielder having suffered a minor thigh strain during Monday’s opening victory over Tunisia. That injury is not serious and, while Alli may miss a few days’ training and is likely to be rested in Nizhny Novgorod on Sunday, he should be back in contention for the game against Belgium. Southgate, on the other hand, may have to be more restrained for the remainder of England’s participation in the tournament.

https://theguardian.com/football/201...P=share_btn_tw

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England are monitoring the fitness of midfielder Dele Alli after he suffered a minor thigh strain during the 2-1 World Cup win over Tunisia on Monday.

Tottenham's Alli, 22, was substituted after 80 minutes of the match in Volgograd, with England playing Panama in Nizhny Novgorod on Sunday, 24 June.

He went for a scan on Tuesday afternoon as his team-mates trained.

The Football Association has confirmed the assessment showed a minor thigh strain that will need managing.

"Hopefully I am OK. It's my quad," said Alli after Monday's game.

He looked set to come off in the first half after suffering a knock, with Fabian Delph stripped and seemingly ready to come on, but that substitution did not happen with Ruben Loftus-Cheek replacing Alli with 10 minutes left.

"We had to keep monitoring Dele," said England boss Gareth Southgate on Monday.

"He was feeling a little bit of an issue just before half-time, but he felt he could carry on and I thought the runs that he was making and the way he was pressing the ball was still causing a problem."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44542697

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sterling doesn't have my confidence, I wouldn't be shy about subbing him for Vardy at the earliest oppourtunity if he continues to miss sitters @Hasan123

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sterling doesn't have my confidence, I wouldn't be shy about subbing him for Vardy at the earliest oppourtunity if he continues to miss sitters @Hasan123
    I want to see more of Vardy but he shouldn't start against a team where there won't be any space to run in behind.

Rashford will probably replace Sterling.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Come on Engerland Engerland. We have already vanquished the North African Grapplers Tunisia who tried to cheat our boys with their dirty fouls and wrestling our boys unfairly. Now its time for Panama to be served their World Cup exit Papers.
    @shaz619

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I want to see more of Vardy but he shouldn't start against a team where there won't be any space to run in behind.

Rashford will probably replace Sterling.
    Not sure, they will give Sterling another go here and sub him for Rashford or Vardy if he doesn't look so good out there today. Agreed, need to find a way to fit Vardy in; if not vs Panama he will surely play against Belgium

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Come on Engerland Engerland. We have already vanquished the North African Grapplers Tunisia who tried to cheat our boys with their dirty fouls and wrestling our boys unfairly. Now its time for Panama to be served their World Cup exit Papers.
    @shaz619
    The wrestling was incredibly impressive and am not joking at all, they may have been taking MMA classes before the tournament. Excited for Sunday !

Sing with me @Adil_94 @Hasan123

People have their views but it's not the 70s or 80s anymore and we have more smarts then Scousers, have always supported England since I was a kid

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Adil_94 @Hasan123

This was the one with the updated video released in 1998, in the opening 30 seconds they show footage from Euro 1996 semi final with the commentator saying 'Gareth Southgate, the whole of England is with you' as he runs in to take his penalty. 22 Years later and they still are with you Gareth and we will always believe no matter what.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Adil_94 @Hasan123

This was the one with the updated video released in 1998, in the opening 30 seconds they show footage from Euro 1996 semi final with the commentator saying 'Gareth Southgate, the whole of England is with you' as he runs in to take his penalty. 22 Years later and they still are with you Gareth and we will always believe no matter what.
    Lol some classic memories here.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure, they will give Sterling another go here and sub him for Rashford or Vardy if he doesn't look so good out there today. Agreed, need to find a way to fit Vardy in; if not vs Panama he will surely play against Belgium
    The talk is that Rashford will replace Sterling.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 can u sense it can u feel it the world cup is coming home

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rooting for England to go all the way! Germany if not

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what the scenes will be like if England thrash Panama by a huge scoreline today!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 can u sense it can u feel it the world cup is coming home
    Footballs coming home!!!!! I can feel it!

@Markhor

2-0 baybayyyy!!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The ICE MAN of England HARRY KANE, as a cool as a cucumber ! look at the pace on that ball as he took the penalty ! no nerves at all, that's how you inspire as a LEADER ! FOOTBALLS COMING HOME! IT'S COMING HOME! IT'S COMING! FOOTBALLS COMING HOME!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Me and @Hasan123 after that 4th goal

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    We look to be scoring every time when near the box, that goal by Lingard was absolutely special one of the best of the tournament

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    England looking really sharp, but they are playing against Panama. I think, first Test will be against Belgium; BUT that game also might be a soft one because both teams might like to finish 2nd in group. Group winners get in to the half which now is likely to have France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina & Russia.

Kane scores his 2nd - it’s 5-0 in 1st half. As of now ENG has a 7+ GA, Belgium 6+, hence a draw between 2 puts England at top.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking good for top spot. Tbh you will have to face the top teams eventually. So where you finish is irrelevant.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Me and @Hasan123 after that 4th goal
    Same after the 5th.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Looking good for top spot. Tbh you will have to face the top teams eventually. So where you finish is irrelevant.
    Trippier has been outstanding in the last two games for me. True, momentum is more important from an England POV and in those KO games it's all about who handles the pressure better unless you're playing Germany lol

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trippier has been outstanding in the last two games for me. True, momentum is more important from an England POV and in those KO games it's all about who handles the pressure better unless you're playing Germany lol
    Knockout stages probably suit England more because on a good day England can beat anyone.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Said it before, England have a realistic chance of winning, they are relatively solid, and they have goal scorers, Kane being one of the best out and out strikers in the world. The more fancied teams like Brazil and Spain will over-elaborate on the ball, England are similar to Germany in that they will play a better team game.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    England has been my pick all along to win the tourney. Beligum is my fav I hope they win but I am feeling the 3 lions this time.
    Still supporting this opinion

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still think quarter finals.

The semis is a possibility but I think their lack of experience will eventually undo them. The kind of goal that Germany got last night right at the end is the kind of thing that could happen to England.

This team will probably be together at the next World Cup, so we are very much playing the long game with this squad.

It is true however that the tournament has so far not produced a standout team that looks a class apart from the others, so it’s wide open.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The big chink in England's armour will probably be when they come up against a team with outstanding forwards. I can't see them being able to keep a player like Neymar or Costa quiet.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    The big chink in England's armour will probably be when they come up against a team with outstanding forwards. I can't see them being able to keep a player like Neymar or Costa quiet.
    We"ll just have to out score them then

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A good big win for England. It's nice to get through to the knockout rounds after the previous two tournaments bought about severe embarrassment.

I dont understand why people are thinking England will win the World Cup esp non-English fans. Panama and Tunisia are two of the worst teams in the tournament, Panama wouldnt even make the 2nd division of the English league. But sure you can only beat what's in front of you.

If England meet Columbia in the last 16, it will be very tough for the team. Columbia played brilliantly against an average Poland team but they totally dominated the game. Columbia has a great defence and their attacking force is very strong, who imo will run through Englands defence. If England face Senegal or Japan, I will fancy them winning and progressing.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    A good big win for England. It's nice to get through to the knockout rounds after the previous two tournaments bought about severe embarrassment.

I dont understand why people are thinking England will win the World Cup esp non-English fans. Panama and Tunisia are two of the worst teams in the tournament, Panama wouldnt even make the 2nd division of the English league. But sure you can only beat what's in front of you.

If England meet Columbia in the last 16, it will be very tough for the team. Columbia played brilliantly against an average Poland team but they totally dominated the game. Columbia has a great defence and their attacking force is very strong, who imo will run through Englands defence. If England face Senegal or Japan, I will fancy them winning and progressing.
    England have a luxury of being in an easy group , Colombia also have an easy group.

I believe sides which have faced quality oppositions at group stages will have better chances. Look at Brazil, they face Swiss, Serbia in group stages which are very good sides, Costa Rica are also way better than Panama. Similarly, Spain face quality sides in Portugal and Morocco , Iran also have a far better defense than Panama.
    While it is a luxury to be placed in a relatively easier group, it might back fire at knock out stages in a completely different scenario with sudden on set of a way better team.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    England have a luxury of being in an easy group , Colombia also have an easy group.

I believe sides which have faced quality oppositions at group stages will have better chances. Look at Brazil, they face Swiss, Serbia in group stages which are very good sides, Costa Rica are also way better than Panama. Similarly, Spain face quality sides in Portugal and Morocco , Iran also have a far better defense than Panama.
    While it is a luxury to be placed in a relatively easier group, it might back fire at knock out stages in a completely different scenario with sudden on set of a way better team.
    I agree. England are in the easiest group along with Russia and Uruguay. In sport you are only as good as the opposition you beat. Winning 6-1 against a pathetic Panama team means nothing when coming up against Columbia apart from the players feeling confident but the other teams who have come out of the groups will also be confident.

If you analyse the game, the way Panama scored is not a good sign for England if they come up against Columbia who have great wingers, play makers and a great striker. England will need to defend really well and hope to score a couple of goals.

If England do get to QF the opposition will be even tougher, perhaps Brazil or Germany. But if England can reach the semi's, then it's only two more games to win and it would be possible then.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Some peoples behinds on fire after this sensational win I love it , why can't we as England fans enjoy this there's hardly anything to ever celebrate when it comes to this team and even the vastly better Belgium could not do this big a job on Panama like England.

What I find shocking is when those born and bred keep berating the team, no issues if you support Saudi Arabia but show some respek, these people have no problem claiming benefits and enjoying the luxuries of living in our great nation though

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some peoples behinds on fire after this sensational win I love it , why can't we as England fans enjoy this there's hardly anything to ever celebrate when it comes to this team and even the vastly better Belgium could not do this big a job on Panama like England.

What I find shocking is when those born and bred keep berating the team, no issues if you support Saudi Arabia but show some respek, these people have no problem claiming benefits and enjoying the luxuries of living in our great nation though
    If England beat Columbia in the last 16 or Germany in the QF, then yes it will be great. But getting excited over beating Panama is like getting excited if Pakistan was to beat Nepal in the first round of a World Cup cricket game. These game has little meaning and context.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    If England beat Columbia in the last 16 or Germany in the QF, then yes it will be great. But getting excited over beating Panama is like getting excited if Pakistan was to beat Nepal in the first round of a World Cup cricket game. These game has little meaning and context.
    Fans have every right to celebrate this win and enjoy it, it's not about getting excited but enjoying the win and just being proud of this great country. Plus Belgium could not do this big a job on Panama, this was England's biggest win in World Cups, Harry Kane became the 3rd man to score a hattrick for his county in World Cups and a favourite for the golden boot and more importantly England qualified for the KO stage; so there is meaning and context.

Also, this is not to be taken for granted; we've seen how well England performed in the last few World Cups and were also defeated by Iceland. It's just nice you know to be proud of what we've achieved, I wouldn't say this is like Pak beating Nepal but more like when Pak just about managed to qualify for the Champions Trophy; everyone was equally excited.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fans have every right to celebrate this win and enjoy it, it's not about getting excited but enjoying the win and just being proud of this great country. Plus Belgium could not do this big a job on Panama, this was England's biggest win in World Cups, Harry Kane became the 3rd man to score a hattrick for his county in World Cups and a favourite for the golden boot and more importantly England qualified for the KO stage; so there is meaning and context.

Also, this is not to be taken for granted; we've seen how well England performed in the last few World Cups and were also defeated by Iceland. It's just nice you know to be proud of what we've achieved, I wouldn't say this is like Pak beating Nepal but more like when Pak just about managed to qualify for the Champions Trophy; everyone was equally excited.
    England didn't score 5 past Tunisia as Belgum did and needed a late goal to beat a pretty poor football team. Panama were awful today, like a Sunday league team.

Fans can feel how they like. Those who want to get excited can and those who dont over this win dont have to. Nobody else has to feel as a person does themselves. England should be doing better in tournaments, the national team has embarrased the nation on many occasions. I want them to win but they need to do a lot more before I start being proud of the football team. You can be proud of the country but and at the same time have little or no love for the national football team, both are not linked. Sporting teams are praised if they do well. England haven't beaten anyone of any significance so far. Lets see what happens in the knockouts.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    England didn't score 5 past Tunisia as Belgum did and needed a late goal to beat a pretty poor football team. Panama were awful today, like a Sunday league team.

Fans can feel how they like. Those who want to get excited can and those who dont over this win dont have to. Nobody else has to feel as a person does themselves. England should be doing better in tournaments, the national team has embarrased the nation on many occasions. I want them to win but they need to do a lot more before I start being proud of the football team. You can be proud of the country but and at the same time have little or no love for the national football team, both are not linked. Sporting teams are praised if they do well. England haven't beaten anyone of any significance so far. Lets see what happens in the knockouts.
    That was their first game and they also had to deal with the Tunisians rear naked chokes, free style wrestling and arm drags in addition to poor reffing. Additionally Belgium failed to put 6 past Panama. The point is nothing is to be taken for granted when it comes to the England team, they should be doing better but they haven't and in this moment in time have done well so far and deserve praise because we have qualified for the KO stage which is of significance when we've been terrible in the past.

And in a World Cup every game has weight, the opposition may or may not be of a high calibre but you can still get shocked, Columbia also lost to Japan and the Germans lost their opener as well; from an England POV especially if we didn't get off to a decent start then we'd have been in big trouble so there's a lot to be proud of already but a lot of people are glory hunters or just want England to fail which is just weird especially those who were born here

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England will reach quarter finals at most.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    England will reach quarter finals at most.
    Most likely, ENG will take on Japan in 2nd round and winner of BRA-GER in QF.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Real fear that England could win this Cup!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Going by what pundits are saying, the media and former players England have already won it.

May as well stop the tournament and give England the World Cup trophy.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Going by what pundits are saying, the media and former players England have already won it.

May as well stop the tournament and give England the World Cup trophy.
    In any country the media will celebrate when you do well but I've not seen an overwhelming response to the point where people are behaving as if we have won it, it seems that way when people do celebrate a win because they are not use to seeing England fans have something to cheer about. What I will say is this, we are hopeful

In contrast you look at how the Argentinians celebrated the Nigeria win or the Germans late winner over Sweden and you'd think they had in fact won the World Cup, people just seem to have a problem with my England though

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Unless Poms throw the game against Belgs (Who'll try their best for not to win it - may be another 0-0 bore feast is coming ), it's most likely that 2nd QF will be between ENG V BRA.

And, if ARG beats FRA, then URG/POR while Brazil beats ENG, it's Messi V Neymar and another Europe V Latin America Final.

But, I think this time ENG won't slip so easily - unlike recent times, most of their players are playing regularly (often starts) for top 6 EPL clubs; mentally much tougher and do have big match experience. Apart from Pickford & Maguire, entire starting XI are from MU, MCity, Chelsea, L'pool & Spurs. In fact reserves as well - apart from 3 GKs, only 2 players from outside top 6 - Vardy & Maguire; and one from Arsenal - Welback.

20 out-field players are from : MCity 4, MU 4, Spurs 5, CFC 2, LFC 2, Arsenal 1, Leicester 2. This is quite impressive profile and each of these players are managed by non Brit Managers (Leicester & Everton too), which makes them more versatile than hoof-ball, I can see the confidence in their game as well. 1966 was last & only time ENG out lasted Germany in a WC, and they won that 1966 trophy!!!!!!

@shaz919, @Hasan123

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unless Poms throw the game against Belgs (Who'll try their best for not to win it - may be another 0-0 bore feast is coming ), it's most likely that 2nd QF will be between ENG V BRA.

And, if ARG beats FRA, then URG/POR while Brazil beats ENG, it's Messi V Neymar and another Europe V Latin America Final.

But, I think this time ENG won't slip so easily - unlike recent times, most of their players are playing regularly (often starts) for top 6 EPL clubs; mentally much tougher and do have big match experience. Apart from Pickford & Maguire, entire starting XI are from MU, MCity, Chelsea, L'pool & Spurs. In fact reserves as well - apart from 3 GKs, only 2 players from outside top 6 - Vardy & Maguire; and one from Arsenal - Welback.

20 out-field players are from : MCity 4, MU 4, Spurs 5, CFC 2, LFC 2, Arsenal 1, Leicester 2. This is quite impressive profile and each of these players are managed by non Brit Managers (Leicester & Everton too), which makes them more versatile than hoof-ball, I can see the confidence in their game as well. 1966 was last & only time ENG out lasted Germany in a WC, and they won that 1966 trophy!!!!!!

@shaz919, @Hasan123

Good signs. But don't want get ahead myself yet. Let's just get to the quater finals then take it from there. There is talent coming through so we should be more of a threat going forward.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    100% agree @shaz619 all major.footballing countries media start getting confident when their team are playing well at a wc why is it only england get lambasted for celebrating and for getting hyped. Is it a crime.to have some national.pride or passion.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

@shaz919, @Hasan123
    Wouldn't mind losing to Belgium but England will do all in their power to win, Lukaku has been ruled out already and that goes to show Belgium's intentions to begin with although it could also be a case of resting him. It might give them an easier KO path but it can back fire to because you need to keep the momentum going so from England's POV while not ideal it's probably for the best to try and win this game, we should test our bench though and give guys like Vardy and Rashford etc the chance to start.
    It also helps to have multiple players from the same club because they would know each other and benefits the overall team spirit, in the past the drama queens of chokeland never got along well due to club rivalry's and their poor attitude; not the case this time.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    100% agree @shaz619 all major.footballing countries media start getting confident when their team are playing well at a wc why is it only england get lambasted for celebrating and for getting hyped. Is it a crime.to have some national.pride or passion.
    Well said, people also overlook how the media react when our team does lose or is knocked out; they also tend to put the team under insane levels of pressure. This time though everyone has shown support but haven't gone over the top also due to the past WC performances they have been subdued, if they win then sure people are going to believe a little more and more each time; not sure what else people expect them to do ? there is always the option to slit wrists like Pakistan fans

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an England fan, I'd rather lose today and avoid the prospect of facing Brazil. Some say that's negative but that's what I want as a fan. Obviously England will try and win it today but I won't be upset if we lose

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    As an England fan, I'd rather lose today and avoid the prospect of facing Brazil. Some say that's negative but that's what I want as a fan. Obviously England will try and win it today but I won't be upset if we lose
    Group winners will now face Japan given the recent developments in Group H

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on engerrrrrlandddddddd!!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    WCs are about momentum and about beating the best teams anyway. I'd rather focus on winning the next match after Belgium than worry about "what ifs"

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My man JL gonna get a goal today. Hoping for a 3-2 England win with Rashford x2, Lingard and Lukaku x2. Man Utd contingency STRONG!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's all laugh at Germany hahaahhahahahahahahhaha