Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Group winners will now face Japan given the recent developments in Group H
    Yeah, now I'd just rather win. We can worry about Brazil later, let's beat Belgium today and get Japan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I still think we’re going to win it this year.

Just need to somehow lose to Belgium to dodge the big guns.....

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I don't think Southgate should have made as many chances as he did tonight. Yes he wanted to rest players but I think it's stopped the flow of the team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Win against Colombia and we have game against Sweden or Switzerland. After that , anything can happen.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only three or four players should have been rested. England were pretty poor today so need to start strongly with their best players. Japan would have been the easier team which is also why it was poor to change his whole team and not look or the win.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Columbia are a dangerous team and very mercurial, they are skilful beyond Rodriguez and thrive of their passionate fanbase who really are the 12th man on the pitch for them. England will need to be at their very best to beat them and they can if they hold their nerve, this team doesn't seem to let the occasion get to them and on Tuesday am looking forward to a special performance iA

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England need to play the match of their lives to beat Columbia. If they do so, there is actually a realistic route through to the final for them.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    England need to play the match of their lives to beat Columbia. If they do so, there is actually a realistic route through to the final for them.
    I agree Columbia are a big threat but come on James going by your posts over the last week or so got the impression you were very eager for us to face Columbia

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree Columbia are a big threat but come on James going by your posts over the last week or so got the impression you were very eager for us to face Columbia
    Which posts?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC

Check out this episode of Good Evening Britain

https://www.itv.com/hub/good-evening...in/2a5843a0001

Amir Khan, Pamela Anderson and Piers Morgan have a chat about the England / Belgium game and our chances among other things. Jeremy Corbyn also appears on the show. Damn, Pamela looks amazing even now for her age. She's in a relationship with Adil Rami who plays for France, only enjoys watching football games which he is involved in lol

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Jeremy Corbyn watched the 1996 WC tournament, @Robert and @Junaids did you guys watch it by any chance; any fond memories you still have from that time
    Last edited by shaz619; 30th June 2018 at 15:27.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England captain Harry Kane believes he can score every time he sets foot on the pitch in Russia after netting five goals in his first two World Cup appearances.

Kane leads the race for the Golden Boot but was kept in reserve by Gareth Southgate for a 1-0 defeat to Belgium that meant the Three Lions finished second in Group G, to keep him fresh for England's last-16 clash with Colombia on Tuesday.

However, Kane is sure he will pick up where he left off in Moscow after scoring a hat-trick against Panama in his last outing.

"Maybe if I'd played against Belgium and didn't score, I’d be thinking, ‘I didn't score in the last game'. But I'm coming off the back of a hat-trick and I'm ready to go in a very important game for us against Colombia," Kane told Britain's Sunday newspapers.

"At the moment I think I can score every time we play. Especially when balls are just dropping in for you and things are going for you. You can't wait to get out there."

Kane dismissed suggestions he had put pressure on Southgate to play against Belgium to further his chances of winning the Golden Boot.

The Tottenham striker's odds of winning the prize for the World Cup's top goalscorer were slashed when Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal were eliminated by Uruguay on Saturday, leaving the world player of the year one short of Kane's tally.

But Kane insists it is lifting the World Cup rather than individual honours than remains his priority. "The Golden Boot would be great but I'm still there -- and if we're in the tournament longer it gives me a greater opportunity," he added.

"My target isn't the Golden Boot. The target is to win the tournament. That's always been the target. If the Golden Boot comes along with that then perfect, but the target is to help the team.

"If my goals help the team, brilliant. If not I'll be running round, working hard, trying to get assists. And that's all I can do."

http://adtest.supersport.com/footbal...World_Cup_game

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! just wow! If England do not mess up any of the games, they do not have any of the big teams until the finals.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Croatia have a great chance not only to make the final but to win it!

England can't look beyond 90 mins against Columbia who are very very dangerous.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The way some of the English media is talking, the trophy is already England's and the rest of the nations shouldn't even bother to play any more matches.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The way some of the English media is talking, the trophy is already England's and the rest of the nations shouldn't even bother to play any more matches.
    I’m a massive england fan. Most of us are level-headed including decent sports writers. The jingoistic fans and tabloids are whom you are referring to. Most normal fans ignore them...

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think all of the serious-minded England players, fans and other stakeholders know that every knockout game for England will be a massive challenge.

An entire nation shouldn’t be judged by selected sections of its media, otherwise what opinion would we have of the US, Pakistan, India etc.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    lol no they are not. Why does everyone keep saying this? Its not the early 2000s, no one thinks like that anymore. One opinion piece or one poster does not mean everyone is delirious.

People are just optimistic and why not? They avoid Brazil France Belgium and uruguay, all four who can easily lay a claim for this world cup.

It is a crime to be optimistic about England's team chances. Even if they lose today, they would have lost to a good Colombian team with world class talent (James is better than any English player IMO).

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    lol no they are not. Why does everyone keep saying this? Its not the early 2000s, no one thinks like that anymore. One opinion piece or one poster does not mean everyone is delirious.

People are just optimistic and why not? They avoid Brazil France Belgium and uruguay, all four who can easily lay a claim for this world cup.

It is a crime to be optimistic about England's team chances. Even if they lose today, they would have lost to a good Colombian team with world class talent (James is better than any English player IMO).
    James Rodriguez was forced off against Senegal. A scan of his right calf has revealed swelling but no muscle tear, though it is unclear if he will be fit to start. But even without him this Columbian team is very strong and they thrive of their fans support who are easily the most passionate amongst visiting teams in Russia and always create an electric atmosphere.

The BBC pundits / commies at times tend to spew rubbish but they don't speak for the entire England fan base or media in general.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Brilliant I am that ape

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our chance to shine. Very nervous but confident we'll get the job done.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    such a boring game, both sides awful.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Colombia look toothless without James, England really need to put this to bed.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    not sure who's home its going so far!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England will be kicking themselves if they do not get through, got a big chance here against a team who are missing their best player and do not look at the races (yet!).

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swear if only James was playing then Colombia would destroy England.

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lots of debate around a headbutt that got a yellow card for the Colombian guy but potentially should have been a red.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Lots of debate around a headbutt that got a yellow card for the Colombian guy but potentially should have been a red.
    head butt? more like a chin touch lol!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Both sides lacking confidence, Colombia maybe because their best player is out, not really sure what is up with England, seems a lack of self belief.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    England has been my pick all along to win the tourney. Beligum is my fav I hope they win but I am feeling the 3 lions this time.
    Good win today

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Both sides lacking confidence, Colombia maybe because their best player is out, not really sure what is up with England, seems a lack of self belief.
    I think you’re spot on about England, they had a perceived curse over them due to their long-term failures in knockout games and constantly getting binned out on penalties, and this was evident in their occasionally nervy performance tonight.

However hopefully this great win, particularly in the manner it came, will wash all of that away, and we can play a bit more freely against Sweden.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely delighted with that win yesterday. I was at work so missed most of the game but got home and saw the last few minutes of ET and the penalties too. When Henderson missed the penalty I was so upset but luckily we still managed to win it! The whole country loves football so it was great fun watching people's stories on things like snapchat and instagram of them at pubs etc watching the game and the great reactions. I genuinely believe we can make the final.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    England will never have a better chance than this year to win it. The four remaining quality teams are all in the other half of the draw, so realistically they will only have to win one game against superior opposition, and in a one off game, anything is possible.

That said, I wasn't impressed with yesterday's performance, and beating Sweden and whoever comes after that, will still be a significant hurdle.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sweden look a good match for England based on previous games. England like to control possession and Sweden like to counter attack. Also both sides do not field dirty cheats unlike many of the South American teams. Looking forward to it and I think England will win in normal time.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    but unnecessary though..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Listened to the BBC podcast on the way in. Felt like I was on the tube here in Canada lol. You could hear the genuine excitement of the media personnels and why not? They are fans too and too often having to discuss heartbreak.

They are optimistic but aware of what lies ahead. I think almost everyone acknowledges Sweden as the favorites.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Listened to the BBC podcast on the way in. Felt like I was on the tube here in Canada lol. You could hear the genuine excitement of the media personnels and why not? They are fans too and too often having to discuss heartbreak.

They are optimistic but aware of what lies ahead. I think almost everyone acknowledges Sweden as the favorites.
    Sweden won't be favourites. England have far higher value stars than Sweden.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England fans are racist, they've been talking smack about the colombians ever since they won.

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweden look a good match for England based on previous games. England like to control possession and Sweden like to counter attack. Also both sides do not field dirty cheats unlike many of the South American teams. Looking forward to it and I think England will win in normal time.
    England will do fine if they keep playing positive football. I knew things were going south when they started to play defensively after being 1-0 up. Haven't seen Sweden play, but I doubt they have England's pace.

I expect them to be more organsied than Columbia, but thats where speed should come in handy.

And can we please start with Rashford

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Sweden won't be favourites. England have far higher value stars than Sweden.
    Means nothing. England just a more commercially viable place. This is the problem. Anyone who hates England, will come up with excuses like this and say oh they paid so much, so they should win 5-0. No one is hyping England except the people that hate them, so they can say after we told you so.

How is Sweden not the favourites? They qualified from a group that contained France and Netherlands. They eliminated Italy before WC. And they came number 1 in WC group with Germany. They only lost to England twice over 15 competitive fixtures. Not sure how in any right mind you can say England is the favourite....just because of commerce. What's next, England players dress better so they are favorites?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    England fans are racist, they've been talking smack about the colombians ever since they won.
    The way Falcao came out and accused the ref of favouring England because he spoke English? But if England made the same accusation as a Spanish ref, they would be called racist?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A good win for England, only the 3rd knockout win in 28 years. Nearly a third of the population of Britain watched the game and people are very happy right now.

From a football perspective England have done nothing special at all but are in the QF's. For me this is a success and people need to calm down about winning the World Cup because England have shown they are not a great team and certainly not good enough to win the tournament.

Sweden will be a good game for England, they will be tested but have a decent chance of getting to the semis but if they play the same way, Sweden will win with ease.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    A good win for England, only the 3rd knockout win in 28 years. Nearly a third of the population of Britain watched the game and people are very happy right now.

From a football perspective England have done nothing special at all but are in the QF's. For me this is a success and people need to calm down about winning the World Cup because England have shown they are not a great team and certainly not good enough to win the tournament.

Sweden will be a good game for England, they will be tested but have a decent chance of getting to the semis but if they play the same way, Sweden will win with ease.
    You still need to play really well to reach the QF's and the cheating Coskumbians did not just hand the win over. From a footballing POV it has been special to see the team remain composed under severe pressure to execute their plans, there are more talented teams who have failed to do that. People shouldn't calm down, they have every right to enjoy this win and be hopeful but people don't want them to be fans and keep pointing out how everyone thinks they are going to win the World Cup just because they like to celebrate.

When Pakistan just about qualified for the CT in 2017 and made it to the KO stage people were equally excited despite their no.8 ranking and not being 'good enough to win the tournament.

People berate England so much and even now, but I fail to see why or how at this stage when they have exceeded the expectations of most by not only winning a KO game but also via a penalty shoot out in a World Cup. It's a young / inexperienced team and they've shown a lot of heart and are more likeable then teams of the past, we should support them instead of turning into a Mamoon

Moeen Ali was seen enjoying this win as much as anyone else, but it's not something to criticise tbh let England fans have their moment
    Last edited by shaz619; 4th July 2018 at 21:43.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You still need to play really well to reach the QF's and the cheating Coskumbians did not just hand the win over. From a footballing POV it has been special to see the team remain composed under severe pressure to execute their plans, there are more talented teams who have failed to do that. People shouldn't calm down, they have every right to enjoy this win and be hopeful but people don't want them to be fans and keep pointing out how everyone thinks they are going to win the World Cup just because they like to celebrate.

When Pakistan just about qualified for the CT in 2017 and made it to the KO stage people were equally excited despite their no.8 ranking and not being 'good enough to win the tournament.

People berate England so much and even now, but I fail to see why or how at this stage when they have exceeded the expectations of most by not only winning a KO game but also via a penalty shoot out in a World Cup. It's a young / inexperienced team and they've shown a lot of heart and are more likeable then teams of the past, we should support them instead of turning into a Mamoon

Moeen Ali was seen enjoying this win as much as anyone else, but it's not something to criticise tbh let England fans have their moment
    Im a football fan not a plastic supporter. I watch enough football on t.v and in stadiums to know from a footballing perspective if the team is playing great football or just average stuff.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not get hyped up when England scored a later winner against Tunisia, beat a rubbish Panama side, lost to Belgium and won a penalty shootout against Columbia who were without their playmaker.

Portugal managed to win the Euro's and they were average at best. If England win the World Cup nobody will care how well they played or not but I'm not going to 'ride the wave' and fool myself by claiming England have been great, because they haven't.

This is an open World Cup, you will have either Sweden, Croatia, Russia or England in the final. England are the only team to reach the final out of this bunch and this was in 1966. Russia isn't a great team, they defend well but their football isnt great and the same for England and Sweden. Croatia is the only team which plays great football and they will be kicking themselves if they dont reach the final by beating Russia and one of Sweden or England.

It means nothing to me if they are young, nice lads, hard triers or have nice teeth. I'm not out to marry any player and all I care about is watching entertaining football as time is precious.

I hope England win the World Cup, it would be amazing for the country, have their moment but this doesn't mean let's pretend they are a great football team because at this moment, they are not.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m not exactly sure what constitutes a “great football team” these days. My eyes tell me that Croatia are the best team on England’s side of the draw, then again they were pants against Denmark and scraped through in the end.

This is tournament football, not league football - anything can happen, anyone can win the trophy - I can’t remember any employed expert working for any media outlet ever being right about any ultimate outcome regarding a football tournament. They all pick a winner before a ball has been kicked and they all get it wrong.

England for me are not the best “football team” left in the tournament and they are not the worst.

All a lineup can do is aim to perform at the maximum of its collective capability and play to its strengths, in England’s case the strengths being good pace, a strong team spirit, and a top-class centre forward player who is also the captain. And then the rest is in the lap of the gods.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Im a football fan not a plastic supporter. I watch enough football on t.v and in stadiums to know from a footballing perspective if the team is playing great football or just average stuff.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but lets not get hyped up when England scored a later winner against Tunisia, beat a rubbish Panama side, lost to Belgium and won a penalty shootout against Columbia who were without their playmaker.

Portugal managed to win the Euro's and they were average at best. If England win the World Cup nobody will care how well they played or not but I'm not going to 'ride the wave' and fool myself by claiming England have been great, because they haven't.

This is an open World Cup, you will have either Sweden, Croatia, Russia or England in the final. England are the only team to reach the final out of this bunch and this was in 1966. Russia isn't a great team, they defend well but their football isnt great and the same for England and Sweden. Croatia is the only team which plays great football and they will be kicking themselves if they dont reach the final by beating Russia and one of Sweden or England.

It means nothing to me if they are young, nice lads, hard triers or have nice teeth. I'm not out to marry any player and all I care about is watching entertaining football as time is precious.

I hope England win the World Cup, it would be amazing for the country, have their moment but this doesn't mean let's pretend they are a great football team because at this moment, they are not.
    Bro what is this rubbish about you not marrying them, no one said that but am not going to judge you for looking at them that way purely because they are more likeable compared to arrogant teams in the past

I already said in that post there are more talented and experienced teams then this England side, eye pleasing football will make you get the kleenex out (even though this game was entertaining, not sure how it would waste precious time) that's fine but beyond all that we are talking about what the team has achieved in this moment, a QF position via a penalty shoot out and that is being celebrated in the moment not a World Cup victory or advocation of our ability to produce eye pleasing football or undisputed superior footballing quality; any normal England fan would comprehend this.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Hateful scroungers genuinly believe it is easy to attain a QF position lmao if this WC is any thing to go by, it would be nonsensical to believe that. And I'd take sides who show mental strength and the will to win over the more talented and eye pleasing teams who fail to get the job done as a genuine England supporter, we have an inexperienced side in this moment which has punched above its weight against all odds and that is to be appreciated.
    Last edited by shaz619; 4th July 2018 at 22:21.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loads of the “top” teams are out already. This is evidently a tough tournament to even survive in, never mind looking like 1970s Brazil. Quite happy that England are still in it!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Loads of the “top” teams are out already. This is evidently a tough tournament to even survive in, never mind looking like 1970s Brazil. Quite happy that England are still in it!
    It depends who you play. Some groups were strong and others were easy. Spain, Portugal, Iran and Morocco featured 4 good footballing teams. Spain then came up against a home nation which played for penalties and won, while Portugal played a Uruguayan team. The point is every single game Portugal played was against tough opposition. The same cannot be said about England who have only played on real team in Columbia and it was a drip of game to watch.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bro what is this rubbish about you not marrying them, no one said that but am not going to judge you for looking at them that way purely because they are more likeable compared to arrogant teams in the past

I already said in that post there are more talented and experienced teams then this England side, eye pleasing football will make you get the kleenex out (even though this game was entertaining, not sure how it would waste precious time) that's fine but beyond all that we are talking about what the team has achieved in this moment, a QF position via a penalty shoot out and that is being celebrated in the moment not a World Cup victory or advocation of our ability to produce eye pleasing football or undisputed superior footballing quality; any normal England fan would comprehend this.
    I dont see them as any more likable than those who played in the last world cup. The most likeable England team was imo in 1990 and the media was slating them very harshly until they beat Cameroon and then the media turned them into heros. But again everyone has different opinions on such issues.

Of course great in the QF but I was discussing the football and I dont understand why some fans get upset when the truth is layed out in footballing terms. If you win when you're not so good, it's even better, you have luck on your side. Its when you are a great team but blow it's hurtful. I just hope when England are out, the media and the fans understand the team is good but not great. Do not hate on them.

The fans who are hyped now are usually the same fans who start the hate when the team loses and is coming home.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I dont see them as any more likable than those who played in the last world cup. The most likeable England team was imo in 1990 and the media was slating them very harshly until they beat Cameroon and then the media turned them into heros. But again everyone has different opinions on such issues.

Of course great in the QF but I was discussing the football and I dont understand why some fans get upset when the truth is layed out in footballing terms. If you win when you're not so good, it's even better, you have luck on your side. Its when you are a great team but blow it's hurtful. I just hope when England are out, the media and the fans understand the team is good but not great. Do not hate on them.

The fans who are hyped now are usually the same fans who start the hate when the team loses and is coming home.
    Nobody is being hurtful about that at all because I don't know why you have this assumption that all of us believe this England football team to have super natural abilities ? lol what does hurt though is namak harams. In fact England are far from the best team in this tournament but they are not the worst, they are a young and inexperienced team which was sent to get a bit of experience in preparation for Qatar. They've already punched above their weight to make it to the QF, you will say that they were lucky or the opposition was weak but if you watched the other games then it is far from a walk in the park.

But what has been most impressive to me is how composed they have been and their mental fortitude when they have found themselves in unforeseen territory, beyond their impressive set pieces they do need to improve their game in open play but for now the performances when judged within context have resulted overall in a good World Cup campaign in a tournament where anything can happen.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nobody is being hurtful about that at all because I don't know why you have this assumption that all of us believe this England football team to have super natural abilities ? lol what does hurt though is namak harams. In fact England are far from the best team in this tournament but they are not the worst, they are a young and inexperienced team which was sent to get a bit of experience in preparation for Qatar. They've already punched above their weight to make it to the QF, you will say that they were lucky or the opposition was weak but if you watched the other games then it is far from a walk in the park.

But what has been most impressive to me is how composed they have been and their mental fortitude when they have found themselves in unforeseen territory, beyond their impressive set pieces they do need to improve their game in open play but for now the performances when judged within context have resulted overall in a good World Cup campaign in a tournament where anything can happen.
    Who's all of us? Who are namak harams?

England have done ok , nothing more. Because they have been awful for nearly 3 decades people are getting excited when the team has done nothing of note yet. Beat Sweden 2 or 3-0 with an exciting performance and they will be rightly praised. In the World Cup we have people who have never entered a football stadium suddenly becoming experts.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Who's all of us? Who are namak harams?

England have done ok , nothing more. Because they have been awful for nearly 3 decades people are getting excited when the team has done nothing of note yet. Beat Sweden 2 or 3-0 with an exciting performance and they will be rightly praised. In the World Cup we have people who have never entered a football stadium suddenly becoming experts.
    Your main criticism stems from England not being a great team, that has already been accepted but you are also overlooking what they have achieved so far. If they won really ugly vs Sweden, as an England fan it would not matter to me at all because the result is what matters. Yes, they have been terrible we all know it, heck there are songs about it ! but namak harams will always berate the team even they have done ok or down play an accomplishment when it is judged out of context, these same experts who have an EPL season ticket would have you believe that you just show up for a World Cup and make a QF

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your main criticism stems from England not being a great team, that has already been accepted but you are also overlooking what they have achieved so far. If they won really ugly vs Sweden, as an England fan it would not matter to me at all because the result is what matters. Yes, they have been terrible we all know it, heck there are songs about it ! but namak harams will always berate the team even they have done ok or down play an accomplishment when it is judged out of context, these same experts who have an EPL season ticket would have you believe that you just show up for a World Cup and make a QF
    People who watch football reguarly are only giving their views on the football, after all it's football not a circus we are watching. A sport which can be discussed at length and the truth is England have been ok and nothing special. You should get upset if people discuss this reality. If Liverpool play poorly even in the semi final of the Champions league I would discuss how they have been poor and im a massive fan of the club.

But after watching Liverpool all season I guess this drip I saw yesterday would look worse. Being a Villa fan, I can understand your excitement at this football. ;)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    People who watch football reguarly are only giving their views on the football, after all it's football not a circus we are watching. A sport which can be discussed at length and the truth is England have been ok and nothing special. You should get upset if people discuss this reality. If Liverpool play poorly even in the semi final of the Champions league I would discuss how they have been poor and im a massive fan of the club.

But after watching Liverpool all season I guess this drip I saw yesterday would look worse. Being a Villa fan, I can understand your excitement at this football. ;)
    Like I said again and it is being repeated once more because Liverpool fans can be a bit slow in the head England may not have performed like Brazil in 2002 so far but that is hardly a criticism and even more so when they find themselves in the QF, because we credit the achievement when a team punches above their weight despite not having the natural ability of other teams for example which by the way are no longer in this tournament.

For casuals and purists it was an entertaining game, only uptight mongs in Liverpool would probably spew incoherent psychobabble But am not surprised, they are still recovering from the beatings recently and quit when the going gets tough like Mo Salah; they wont appreciate mental fortitude, they rather see some guy do 10 eye pleasing dribbles before running into a football post like a typical scouser

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like I said again and it is being repeated once more because Liverpool fans can be a bit slow in the head England may not have performed like Brazil in 2002 so far but that is hardly a criticism and even more so when they find themselves in the QF, because we credit the achievement when a team punches above their weight despite not having the natural ability of other teams for example which by the way are no longer in this tournament.

For casuals and purists it was an entertaining game, only uptight mongs in Liverpool would probably spew incoherent psychobabble But am not surprised, they are still recovering from the beatings recently and quit when the going gets tough like Mo Salah; they wont appreciate mental fortitude, they rather see some guy do 10 eye pleasing dribbles before running into a football post like a typical scouser
    Dude you're a Villa fan, most people in the world can't even name a Villa player. They still think Ron Atkinson is in charge. Mo Salah is worth more than the whole Villa Squad.

If England win the World Cup, I will celebrate the success as much as anyone else. Dont get to emotionally attached and patriotic just yet but thats your choice.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Dude you're a Villa fan, most people in the world can't even name a Villa player. They still think Ron Atkinson is in charge. Mo Salah is worth more than the whole Villa Squad.

If England win the World Cup, I will celebrate the success as much as anyone else. Dont get to emotionally attached and patriotic just yet but thats your choice.
    Well that's their unfortunate luck then that they would know the name of a big quitter like Mo Salah who plays for a club which is a national disgrace

If merely supporting this team even when they don't have a trophy in their hand makes me emotionally attached and patriotic then so be it
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 5th July 2018 at 02:05.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well that's their unfortunate luck then that they would know the name of a big quitter like Mo Salah who plays for a club which is a national disgrace

If merely supporting this team even when they don't have a trophy in their hand makes me emotionally attached and patriotic then so be it.

You carry on supporting them with a passion. its your right but please dont expect others to feel the same. This is a free country not one run by the Sun newspaper.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 5th July 2018 at 02:06.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    lol. I would find that offensive but I know you're not a nasty person.

You carry on supporting them with a passion. its your right but please dont expect others to feel the same. This is a free country not one run by the Sun newspaper.
    Lol you don't need to support the England team am not forcing you to, but if people berate the team especially those from England when it's not justified then I will defend them, some of the stuff you guys say I'd expect from a foreigner but we have had guys from Canada defend the team while our own take it too far like oh you can only celebrate if England win the World Cup, mate Liverpool are still in the EPL unlike my team and you have not won the EPL since 1990 ! you still support them though although that UCL win in 2005 must have prolonged your support this just proves that you're a glory hunter, that's even worse then the namak harams which I wasn't calling you by the way

Am totally cool with everything The Sun produce on Liverpool not the rest and that paper has nothing to do with England fans, what I find hilarious though is how everyone in Liverpool blacklist the paper but have sky subscriptions

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Lol you don't need to support the England team am not forcing you to, but if people berate the team especially those from England when it's not justified then I will defend them, some of the stuff you guys say I'd expect from a foreigner but we have had guys from Canada defend the team while our own take it too far like oh you can only celebrate if England win the World Cup, mate Liverpool are still in the EPL unlike my team and you have not won the EPL since 1990 ! you still support them though although that UCL win in 2005 must have prolonged your support this just proves that you're a glory hunter, that's even worse then the namak harams which I wasn't calling you by the way

Am totally cool with everything The Sun produce on Liverpool not the rest and that paper has nothing to do with England fans, what I find hilarious though is how everyone in Liverpool blacklist the paper but have sky subscriptions
    What surprises me the most is that its a lot of the older PPers who still cling onto this distaste for England (in sports). They lived there over 30 years, raised kids and have a comfortable living (more so than having to be in Pakistan - I grew up here in Canada and appreciate all the liberties I have).

To each their own but I would think you feel some sort of connection/sympathy for your adopted home land.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    What surprises me the most is that its a lot of the older PPers who still cling onto this distaste for England (in sports). They lived there over 30 years, raised kids and have a comfortable living (more so than having to be in Pakistan - I grew up here in Canada and appreciate all the liberties I have).

To each their own but I would think you feel some sort of connection/sympathy for your adopted home land.
    you are getting it wrong, we love England as a country, and I like most of the people here, but I grew up in a rough white area where I got into fights over being called a **** *******. As a result I ended up adopting it as my identity and it's weird, but to this day I still find it sticks even though Britain is nowhere near as overtly racist as it was back then.

I don't know if you are a freshie, but us Brits who are born here consider civil liberties a right not a privilege.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    you are getting it wrong, we love England as a country, and I like most of the people here, but I grew up in a rough white area where I got into fights over being called a **** *******. As a result I ended up adopting it as my identity and it's weird, but to this day I still find it sticks even though Britain is nowhere near as overtly racist as it was back then.

I don't know if you are a freshie, but us Brits who are born here consider civil liberties a right not a privilege.
    Yeah thats fair. I guess if you never lived through such a period (myself), it is hard to remove those scars. I like to believe society progressed since then but you can only be a product of the environment you grew up in. If I may present an alternate case, if you grew up in Russia or Croatia - you surely be discriminated against...so remember that if England somehow make the semis

I was born in Canada. Civil liberties are a right but rights are not always guaranteed. Forget Pakistan, I look across the border and see whats happening. People getting shoot just cause the color of their skin.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats fair. I guess if you never lived through such a period (myself), it is hard to remove those scars. I like to believe society progressed since then but you can only be a product of the environment you grew up in. If I may present an alternate case, if you grew up in Russia or Croatia - you surely be discriminated against...so remember that if England somehow make the semis

I was born in Canada. Civil liberties are a right but rights are not always guaranteed. Forget Pakistan, I look across the border and see whats happening. People getting shoot just cause the color of their skin.
    I am pretty sure if I grew up in Russia or Croatia it would be worse, but I didn't so don't have any personal experience there so I don't relate to it. I am actually a big fan of supporting your home nation, and brought up my kids to do it, just isn't there for me now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top teams in the WC have underperformed, the lesser teams have overperformed and the average teams have played about as good as we expected them to play.

Bigger teams include Germany. England are through to the QF and Germany didn't even make it out the group stages. Just imagine if that happened to England (with Tunisia and Panama in their group). Yes, they had Sweden and Mexico in their group which made it more competitive, but I'm sure 99.9% of people in this forum expected Germany to top the group cos - they're Germany. But the Mexico caught them off guard and Sweden played well vsing SK and Mexico. Germany played awfully and the rest of the teams played with heart and desire, and Germany just didn't have the answers to overcome their teams - especially with just needing to win against SK. That was just abysmal but take nothing away from SK, it was a magnificent win.

Portugal too. They are NOT a top side, an average side at best. But they could've been packing their bags if Iran scored their last minute chance at 1-1. The lesser teams in Morocco and Iran played amazingly well in both games and were mentally prepared to be vsing bigger teams in Portugal and Spain. But both the bigger teams just didn't play well. Portugal relied on Ronaldo and had zero creativity apart from him. Spain just passed, passed and passed. It was like watching LvG football. Both teams were poor and showed nothing to suggest they'd win the WC or any flashes of brilliance.

But that's the World Cup - every game matters and every win is sweet, no matter how you get it. It matters who was the better team on that day.

England have been good. Nothing special, but just good. Great thing is that no one expected anything from this team (due to a "nobody manager" in Southgate, and no expectations on the team). We are very lucky to have this side of the draw as we'd be the 5th best team in the other side of the draw (Brazil, France, Belgium, Uruguay are the better teams in this order. Well, toss up between Uruguay and Belgium for 3rd best team). But the most important thing England have overcome is their torrid past of winning no WC penalty shoot outs. We've changed that. We've shown some grit and mental toughness to not collapse after conceding a last minute goal vs Colombia and managed to survive some Colombian pressure in the 1st half of ET, to create some openings in the 2nd half of ET.

In retrospect knockout stages reminds me a lot like the group stages: started off well vsing Tunisia and needed a late goal to get the win; we started off well vsing Colombia but the penalty shoot out was the last minute victory akin to the Tunisia game. We dispatched a poor Panama side (disappointed we conceded) after getting the first win, and I expect us to do the same to Sweden in a good 2-1 win. Right now, it's just about self-belief and confidence and that shootout will give us loads of that.

I can ramble on and say how this is the best chance for England to win, and why they genuinely do have a good side as compared to the past, but the main thing that's driving this team is workrate and not relying on a single player. There's not much expectation, but there's belief. At this stage that's all that matters.

My calling for the Sweden game is please don't start Sterling or Alli. https://resources.fifa.com/image/upl...lmwrdmmyd4r47d

RLC and Rashford instead.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England's John Stones says Colombia are 'dirtiest team'

England defender John Stones says Colombia are "probably the dirtiest team" he has faced, following Tuesday's last-16 win in Moscow.

Gareth Southgate's side won on penalties to set up Saturday's World Cup quarter-final meeting with Sweden.

The game was often reduced to farce with lengthy delays as players surrounded referee Mark Geiger to contest decisions.

"There could have been several red cards," Stones, 24, said.

"They were probably the dirtiest team that I've ever come up against, in the respect of, when we won a penalty, surrounding the referee, even pushing the referee.

"There was the headbutt [on Jordan Henderson] that I'm sure you've all seen. They were scuffing the penalty spot while Harry Kane was waiting to take his penalty.

"There was also a lot of off the ball stuff that I'm sure you've not heard about - all the sort of things that you don't really hear in a football match."

Asked to expand on the other Colombian spoiling tactics, Stones said: "I'd rather not say, otherwise I reckon it could get me in a bit of trouble.

"You have seen the clips from the game and I'd not even seen the incident with Raheem Sterling and one of their staff."

Stones was referring to a flashpoint at the end of the first half when Sterling was barged by one of Colombia's coaches as he made his way off the pitch.

"I have never seen a game like that before and how they behaved," Stones said.

"It was mainly off-the-ball stuff. Certain things happened and if the referee had seen the headbutt then it is a totally different game.

"It shows massive character to keep a cool head and not get sucked into their game.

"When you play against a team that want to fight, want to disturb your momentum, you can sometimes get dragged into it, and that's what they want.

"We stuck to our plan and kept playing our way of football. That's a great sign for a team to have - to have that sort of quality, to make sure we still have that tunnel vision of what we want to get out of the game and stick to our game plan.

"It was a difficult situation to be in, one that we have overcome and we can look back on and be very proud of."

We were worried Ospina would see our tactics - Butland

England goalkeeper Jack Butland has revealed the meticulous preparation behind their 4-3 shootout win - helped by Jordan Pickford's superb save from Carlos Bacca - and how he feared Colombia keeper David Ospina might accidentally uncover their game plans.

Pickford's tactics for penalties were written on a water bottle which he covered with a towel by the side of the goal.

Butland told BBC Sport: "The night before the game we all sat down as keepers and went over everything that could come up, going over penalties as far back as you like.

"As a team we are covering every box. Me, Popey (Nick Pope) and Jordan had individual bits of paper.

"We watched penalties and each came to our own conclusion, which all matched up. We knew what we were going to do so there was no grey area.

"In years gone by teams have done the old paper in the sock with people's penalties on, and the bottle was just our way of preparing for each penalty taker."

Butland revealed how England suddenly feared their carefully planned approach might literally end in Ospina's hands.

"We covered our bottle with a towel," said Butland. "We were worried as Ospina didn't have a drink, so we were worried he was going to go for Jordan's bottle.

"We were thinking 'please, let's not let him see the bottle'. Fortunately, we avoided that."

England face Sweden at 15:00 BST on Saturday, a game that will be shown live across the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44730127

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m very proud of my Pakistani and English identity. I do have a bee in my bonnet about people who don’t support England in football AND have an anti-England hatred....it promotes the ghettoisation of ethnic minorities whereas it’s a chance to promote unity.

I support Pakistan in cricket my favourite sport and I support England in football.

Back to the football: England will always be hated by those who hate them. I have enjoyed the football and the patience they have displayed as well as the passion.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasim_Waqar View Post
    I’m very proud of my Pakistani and English identity. I do have a bee in my bonnet about people who don’t support England in football AND have an anti-England hatred....it promotes the ghettoisation of ethnic minorities whereas it’s a chance to promote unity.

I support Pakistan in cricket my favourite sport and I support England in football.

Back to the football: England will always be hated by those who hate them. I have enjoyed the football and the patience they have displayed as well as the passion.
    Errm - why do you not support England in cricket?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errm - why do you not support England in cricket?
    I do support England in cricket as my second team.

Cricket is my favourite sport and I fell in love with Pakistan as a 7 year old in 1992 after seeing the World Cup final. My family has always supported Pakistan and it’s what the heart feels 😊

Millions here and around the world support the mother country in a variety of sports eg Pakistan and India in cricket, Australia or All Blacks in Rugby Union, Mexico, Italy or Brazil in football.

As the first generation born here, we have love for the place we came from and also for the land we came to....

Of course people are free to support who they want. However, hating the country of your birth or adopting country is what I find really weird.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Agree with your POV and trust me I know how bad things were then, if people still have a chip on their shoulder due to all that happened I am totally cool with that but there are also people who are saying we shouldn't support England or celebrate their wins unless they win the World Cup lol

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Those people have become very very compatible over here mate so all the rights and privileges have been taken for granted, having said that they are free to not get behind the team that is totally fine by me because this is just sport but when these vultures unjustly berate the team and make stupid comments about how much we are allowed to enjoy an England win then they deserve to be deported I'd have thought they would understand the euphoria being Pakistan cricket fans to.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th July 2018 at 01:31.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasim_Waqar View Post
    I do support England in cricket as my second team.

Cricket is my favourite sport and I fell in love with Pakistan as a 7 year old in 1992 after seeing the World Cup final. My family has always supported Pakistan and it’s what the heart feels ��

Millions here and around the world support the mother country in a variety of sports eg Pakistan and India in cricket, Australia or All Blacks in Rugby Union, Mexico, Italy or Brazil in football.

As the first generation born here, we have love for the place we came from and also for the land we came to....

Of course people are free to support who they want. However, hating the country of your birth or adopting country is what I find really weird.
    Agreed. I support Pakistan cos that's just how my heart feels but in football, I will obviously support England as I have been born and bred here.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I like England, but this is becoming a farce now. Their fluke run will be over once Kane stops getting penalties. I hope justice will be served against Croatia in the semifinal or France in the final.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I like England, but this is becoming a farce now. Their fluke run will be over once Kane stops getting penalties. I hope justice will be served against Croatia in the semifinal or France in the final.
    For once I agree with your 'fluke' terminology!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You can't just a fluke a QF in a WC, they're not world beaters but are a cohesive unit which maximise their strengths. To win a KO game for the first time since 2006 was a massive acheivement for England fans and that too via a penalty shoot out, it's not easy to handle those pressure situations but they have and remain in a tournament where upsets have been frequent. They were sent to get a bit of experience in prep for Qatar and have many positives to take away regardless, no doubt they could improve in open play. You criticising them fair enough I accept it, but people who live here berating for the sake of it is just weird.

For once I agree with your 'fluke' terminology!
    Lol big time hypocricy due to bias against England