Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I like England, but this is becoming a farce now. Their fluke run will be over once Kane stops getting penalties. I hope justice will be served against Croatia in the semifinal or France in the final.
    They might lose to Sweden yet. The only luck they have really had is the easier group stage than most other nations, and being in the best half of the draw when most of the best teams are scrapping it out in the other half.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'd rather "cricket comes home" than football coming home.

If England win the football WC we'd never hear the end of it.

Anyway I'm not worried about the prospect as England would actually have to score from open play to win at some point instead of relying on set pieces and penalties.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    If England win the football WC we'd never hear the end of it.
    ....and? England is where football was invented and it is the home of football, it would be a notable event in world football (let alone nationally) if England were to win the World Cup again one day.

There is nothing wrong with a nation celebrating its sporting successes - everyone else does it - and, if it does wind up a few of the miserable detractors out there, all the better I say.

Personally I think England have a big opportunity to get into either the semis or the final here, but no matter if they donít, they have already performed above expectations in this tournament to date - and with this young team, the next World Cup was always going to be a bigger chance of winning than this one.
    Last edited by James; 7th July 2018 at 13:37.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    ....and? England is where football was invented and it is the home of football, it would be a notable event in world football (let alone nationally) if England were to win the World Cup again one day. There is nothing wrong with a nation celebrating its sporting successes - everyone else does it - and if it annoys a few detractors, all the better I say.

Personally I think England have a big opportunity to get into either the semis or the final here, but no matter if they don’t, they have already performed above expectations in this tournament to date - and with this young team, the next World Cup was always going to be a bigger chance of winning than this one.
    Above expectations ? They scraped past an average Tunisia side, beat a League Two level team in Panama, lost to the first decent team they faced in Belgium and squeaked past a limited Colombia team shorn of its best player.

Wow an achievement for the ages.

Nobody romanticises and lingers on past success for years on end like the English - that's exactly why they've never had sustained success in any of the top sports and why the rest of the UK hates them.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For all the talk about English football and their "best league in the world" this would be the first time in nearly three decades when England would reach the semis.

Inshallah they won't get there.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    BTW I have no ill will whatsoever towards the England cricket team. The English cricket media is a million times better than its football counterparts.

Pundits like Atherton, Nasser, Butcher are very gracious towards opposing teams and are fair minded. Hell, Nasser was practically jumping in the box when Pakistan won the CT last year.

However the English football media are overly jingoistic, embarrassing, and quick to making excuses while diminishing the efforts of the opposition. I love the meltdown from clowns like Chris Waddle, Danny Mills and Danny Murphy.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    For all the talk about English football and their "best league in the world" this would be the first time in nearly three decades when England would reach the semis.

Inshallah they won't get there.
    The English football league is the best because we bring the best players from all over the world here, if it was just home based players we would be playing stone age football. England's worst period for rotten football was when our clubs were banned from Europe for a few years.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Above expectations ? They scraped past an average Tunisia side, beat a League Two level team in Panama, lost to the first decent team they faced in Belgium and squeaked past a limited Colombia team shorn of its best player.

Nobody romanticises and lingers on past success for years on end like the English - that's exactly why they've never had sustained success in any of the top sports and why the rest of the UK hates them.
    The rest of the UK will speak for itself when it is ready to. Just sounds like you hate them tbh.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

The same team was losing to Iceland in the EURO's and nothing is to be taken for granted in this tournament especially and even more so from an England POV when they had not won a KO game since 2006 or a penalty shoot in the WC finals. Regardless of who you're up against the pressure of a WC tournament and national shirt is like no other, in the past we've not been able to handle it but this England side has done ok within the confines of their abilities / experience levels and many of you expected a group stage exit.

There are good and bad folk among media just like fans to so it's important not to make generalisations, cricket media may be better but hardly perfect when you still have clowns like Ian Botham providing expert analysis. Plus cricket is a gentleman's sport and many of those who have taken it up are folk who went to public schools. In football the fans, pundits and players in general have completely different mindset / approach and it is no different to other European countries. Some Brits also wanted to support Sweden because they believe their people to be better then Englishmen when there is a big violence and sexual crimes problem over there.
    Last edited by shaz619; 7th July 2018 at 15:07.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The rest of the UK will speak for itself when it is ready to. Just sounds like you hate them tbh.
    Okay watch them when they face a quality team and not a Championship outfit like Sweden then we'll see who's right.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Okay watch them when they face a quality team and not a Championship outfit like Sweden then we'll see who's right.
    They're all league one and league two teams but still you're not going to give credit to an English football team for winning a KO game and penalty shoot out in a WC Tournament !

Anyhow Sweden made it out a tough group and Columbia were no pushovers, they lost to Belgium in a dead rubber where many players were rested whilst routing the other weaker teams in the group.

They're a young team who have been sent here to prepare for Qatar but have punched above their weight, I don't see what more you expect from them in the tournament thus far ?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is England's WC to lose

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Good win today
    On to the semis

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    This is England's WC to lose
    Who knows anything can happen in knockout tournaments, but certainly Belgium, France and Croatia are more talented sides.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Semi finals now. Good performance and well deserved.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by irfan View Post
    Who knows anything can happen in knockout tournaments, but certainly Belgium, France and Croatia are more talented sides.
    It takes more than talent to win a cup, organisation and resilience is a big factor, not sure how Croatia will stack up there. Of all the teams I think France would be the most difficult to beat because they are very tough to score against.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All you are doing is downplaying any of Englandís achievements and nothing is good enough for you, which means that you are an obvious hater.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    All you are doing is downplaying any of Englandís achievements and nothing is good enough for you, which means that you are an obvious hater.
    I don't hate the English cricket team and will support them if Pakistan are knocked out early in the World Cup, support British tennis players in Grand Slams, and was delighted with Wilkinson's last minute drop goal vs the Aussies in 2003.

However it seems English football brings a level of delusion which yes I hate. If England beat a proper team like Croatia, France or Belgium then yes I will respect it and give praise.

However any serious follower of football, not those who only pay attention every two years when its on the telly, can see Colombia (minus Rodriguez) and Sweden are bang average, and England have benefited from a favourable draw.

Sorry if pointing that out offends your patriotism.
    Last edited by Markhor; 7th July 2018 at 16:17.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Okay guys I'll give you a carrot.

Southgate wears the hell out of that waistcoat and watch combination. England win the sartorial World Cup.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate the English cricket team and will support them if Pakistan are knocked out early in the World Cup, support British tennis players in Grand Slams, and was delighted with Wilkinson's last minute drop goal vs the Aussies in 2003.

However it seems English football brings a level of delusion which yes I hate. If England beat a proper team like Croatia, France or Belgium then yes I will respect it and give praise.

However any serious follower of football, not those who only pay attention every two years when its on the telly, can see Colombia (minus Rodriguez) and Sweden are bang average, and England have benefited from a favourable draw.

Agreed. There seems to be no acknowledgement from the pundits and the media that England have been handed the easiest route to the semi-finals among all teams.

If they can get through Croatia in the semis that is when I will be impressed.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get all the talk of "wait until you face quality opposition" when in the knockout stages it matters about what team was better on THAT DAY. That's why Russia beat Spain, and Sweden beat Switzerland.

What matters more than "quality opposition" at this stage is form, mental toughness and belief. England have bags of the last attribute and winning on pens will give them a mental strength that the inexperienced team lacked. Not to mention not folding when conceding a late equaliser vs Colombia. Form - well a comfortable 2-0 victory vs an organised Sweden, and a clean sheet, will give them confidence and knowing that they've won all their games that the A team have played is also a good sign going forward.

It's funny cos I mostly see the hate coming from Arsenal fans who'd much rather Germany to win the WC cos they have Ozil, or another WC team cos they have Arsenal starters in their XI. Hating cos they're the worst London club behind Chelsea and Spurs and you got zero Arsenal players in the England starting XI and only Welbeck on bench. Pathetic supporters
    Last edited by idrizzy; 7th July 2018 at 16:40.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Agreed. There seems to be no acknowledgement from the pundits and the media that England have been handed the easiest route to the semi-finals among all teams.

Exactly ! Yet you're an unpatriotic hater for pointing out facts.

Let's say back in 2007 when Pakistan were handed a World Cup draw of Zimbabwe, Ireland and West Indies and we beat all three albeit unconvincingly - I wouldn't have been jumping up and down saying the World Cup's coming home until we actually we beat a top team !

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post

Of course there's an acknowledgement. That's why a loss vs Belgium was a Southgate masterclass. "England won't get a better chance of a WC final" is all I'm hearing.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of course things have fallen in their favour, but that is what happens for most teams when they win a cup via elimination format. (A league season is totally different.)

England were unfancied to get past the Last 16 and some even had them crashing out in the Group stages, but they have progressed to the Semi-finals. Given their disastrous record at tournaments and their young side with a relatively new management team, that is worthy of praise on its own, and the praise will then be multiplied if / when they are able to beat some quality opposition.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to understand how people can choose to hate the main sporting team of the land of their birth.

Everyone has a right to get excited about their team. Lots of anti-England football feeling out there. A shame.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    England well organised today and easily the better team, yet Pickford still had to make some very good saves.

Tactics spot on and plenty of good performances.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Into the semis. Haters can keep on crying. Buzzing for Wednesday. This could be our year.

Whoever we get in the semis it will be a difficult game. Sterling needs to improve his finishing .

Good all round performance.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    @James I respect you as a poster but what's happened is that the abject Roy Hodgson (who as a LFC fan can write a dissertation vouching for his abjectness) has lowered expectations SO much that you and England fans are willing to celebrate the players just getting on the tarmac without falling over.

After the Draw was made, not even the most pessimistic of pundits said England would crash out of the Group Stages. Young team or not England were never losing to League Two standard Panama and Tunisia. That's a great draw regardless of what happened in the past.

Then Colombia shorn of their best player and a limited Sweden team - come on, anything less than a Semi Final would've been a huge disappointment. You couldn't script a more favourable draw. Now if the Croats or the Russians on home soil are blown aside - then we're talking.
    Last edited by Markhor; 7th July 2018 at 17:27.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @James I respect you as a poster but what's happened is that the abject Roy Hodgson (who as a LFC fan can write a dissertation vouching for his abjectness) has lowered expectations SO much that you and England fans are willing to celebrate the players just getting on the tarmac without falling over.

After the Draw was made, not even the most pessimistic of pundits said England would crash out of the Group Stages. Young team or not England were never losing to League Two standard Panama and Tunisia. That's a great draw regardless of what happened in the past.

Then Colombia shorn of their best player and a limited Sweden team - come on, anything less than a Semi Final would've been a huge disappointment. You couldn't script a more favourable draw. Now if the Croats or the Russians on home soil are blown aside - then we're talking.
    I respect you as a poster also and understand your perspective on this.

I think that England can win their semi, although it will be their toughest match so far.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Into the semis. Haters can keep on crying. Buzzing for Wednesday. This could be our year.

Whoever we get in the semis it will be a difficult game. Sterling needs to improve his finishing .

Good all round performance.
    I dont think it will be. France are way too strong.

But I will take the semis or finalists. And boy this team will be prepared come 2022.

I am impressed with Southgate. Had it been Allardyce, we would have been playing 4-4-2.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Time to pay up Zlatan

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

Time to pay up Zlatan
    Paying is no issues - he earned $20mn after tax at PSG for 4 years, but Wembley with England shirt is a bit......

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    I dont think it will be. France are way too strong.

But I will take the semis or finalists. And boy this team will be prepared come 2022.

I am impressed with Southgate. Had it been Allardyce, we would have been playing 4-4-2.
    The final will be difficult but anything can happen.

Southgate has done a good job. Picking players for the most part on merit and also he has implanted a style of play. The future looks bright.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After 1966 this is already Englandís joint second-best performance at a World Cup ever, which speaks of an utterly abysmal record, but beating Sweden is still cause for celebration tonight.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delighted. Had a cricket match, started early so we could watch the match. In the cricket match we were getting battered, we were defending a low score and the opposition were on their way easily to the win but stopped just before 3 so we could watch the match. Was enjoyable, watching it with our opposition as well but we were all united for this match. We all went crazy when England scored and watched it till the very end (although missed the last minute as we were watching on bbc iplayer as opposed to on tv and the last minute it glitched but we knew we would win by then anyway)...

Then we went on and finished the cricket match.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England have done well, been a bit of an easy ride but you can only play what's in front of you.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This isn't like you @Markhor.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol some British Pakistanis here seem to be a miserable bunch!

Get behind the team of the country you earn your bread and butter in...

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Also.... England are in WC semi finals and somehow they haven't yet been tested lol. I guess Sweden, Columbia just got byes into their matches and didn't beat other opposition to get to the knockout stages?

Finally... I keep hearing how England media is arrogant, and hypes them up, has already handed the trophy to England....yada yada.... To me these people are either living in parallel universes or just being lazy and going off an old stereotype.

The English media and ex-players have by and large been very reserved and didn't display any needless arrogance like in 2006 and 2010... In fact most seem and still understand and accept the limitations of this side. So accusing them of arrogance is just being lazy.

In any case do detractors here expect fans of a side which is in the WC SF to NOT BE excited and pumped? Lol Pakistan fans were excited and pumped before the WC 2015 India match and even the Aus QF where any one with even remote grip of reality could tell we had a pasting coming our way. And here we have people not wanting fans and media to be excited about a team which has marched to the WC semi.

I dont really have a huge preference for any side to win but since I follow the Premier League and know the players well enough I am following England. So its very weird for me to see British Pakistanis born and bred in England to be so resentful of the team of the country of their birth. Atleast in cricket you understand (even if its a bit messed up) to see British Pakistani with absolute hatred of the England cricket team since they have Pakistan to follow and support. But in this case its just weird

#MPGA

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected England to defeat the incredibly boring Swedes. France or Belgium will both defeat England. Don't underestimate Croatia, Modric and Rakitic are both class then there is Lovren at the back as well.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol some British Pakistanis here seem to be a miserable bunch!

Get behind the team of the country you earn your bread and butter in...
    Agreed. Stupid frankly and some of the reasons are pathetic, such as they don't like the fans or they think that they are 'arrogant'... Anyway, no point wasting time on these weird people, let's just get behind England

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That argument is flawed as all their opponents had an "easy route too"but they withstood the pressure and got through. I have followed football for a long-time and not been a huge supporter but credit is where it is due and then they have done very well.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia seemed really good but have not been as convincing in the knock out. I am in Australia and I wish I was back in England as the place must be buzzing. It may not "come home" but equal best world cup since i started watching in 1990.
    This team is a team not packed full.of individual stars so I say go England!!!!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    That argument is flawed as all their opponents had an "easy route too"but they withstood the pressure and got through. I have followed football for a long-time and not been a huge supporter but credit is where it is due and then they have done very well.
    That argument is not flawed. England do have an easy route to the final. In their bracket after group matches, the only team better than them was Spain and it crashed out even before quarter-final. England is easily better than all other teams in that bracket. On the other hand the other bracket is extremely tough with France, Belgium, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Mexico all very good teams. England have been very lucky that they lost to Belgium in group match and thus fell in the easier bracket. England should make the final now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I expected England to defeat the incredibly boring Swedes. France or Belgium will both defeat England. Don't underestimate Croatia, Modric and Rakitic are both class then there is Lovren at the back as well.
    hilarious

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England v Croatia could be super-tight, both sides like possession and seem quite evenly matched. If there is not an early goal too open up the channels, then I think we will see a 1-0 either way.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the same people who are pessimistic about Englandís chances or just England in general, answer me this:

From the general consensus it seems like Croatia is the Ďquality oppositioní they gotta face to come back to reality, so, are Croatia favourites?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    So the same people who are pessimistic about England’s chances or just England in general, answer me this:

From the general consensus it seems like Croatia is the ‘quality opposition’ they gotta face to come back to reality, so, are Croatia favourites?
    at the begining of the WC i would have made Croatia favs, but they lost there steam as the tournament progressed and England got better and better, so right now England are the confident side in rhythm and flow so for me they are favs.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So the same people who are pessimistic about England’s chances or just England in general, answer me this:

From the general consensus it seems like Croatia is the ‘quality opposition’ they gotta face to come back to reality, so, are Croatia favourites?
    Croatia is not a 'quality opposition' anymore; England is overwhelming favourite against them

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That argument is not flawed. England do have an easy route to the final. In their bracket after group matches, the only team better than them was Spain and it crashed out even before quarter-final. England is easily better than all other teams in that bracket. On the other hand the other bracket is extremely tough with France, Belgium, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal, Mexico all very good teams. England have been very lucky that they lost to Belgium in group match and thus fell in the easier bracket. England should make the final now.
    So is a worthy winner one that has a really difficult route. As the rule in sport goes can only play who is in front of you. The Belgium that determined route just meant that Belgium had a better second string than England. Let's be happy for the guys and take each round as a bonus.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    hilarious
    To be fair Lovren has been immense for a while.

Didn't put a foot wrong in the UCL final either.

Obv his reputation precedes him and you can never have full confidence in him but he has been solid for a few months now

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    To be fair Lovren has been immense for a while.

Didn't put a foot wrong in the UCL final either.

Obv his reputation precedes him and you can never have full confidence in him but he has been solid for a few months now
    It's like saying "beware of Man Utd - they got Smalling at the back."

It's a joke. Neither players would get into other top European teams and have a mistake in them at any given point in the game.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia is not a 'quality opposition' anymore; England is overwhelming favourite against them
    Wouldn't say overwhelming and it's funny because before the tournament people would've said that Croatia are better than England. What's changed?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Jordan Pickford was picking up a man-of-the-match award for his performance in England's World Cup quarter-final against Sweden, the man who he replaced as England's undisputed number one - Joe Hart - was turning out for his hometown cricket club, Shrewsbury.

The 31-year-old had been England's number one at the past three major tournaments but was left out of Gareth Southgate's 23-man squad for Russia.

And while Hart said his omission was "hard to take", he took the opportunity to switch sports and play for Shrewsbury - his boyhood cricket team - for the first time since 2007.

Shrewsbury won the Birmingham League Premier Division match against Knowle and Dorridge after posting 250-8.

Batting at number nine, Hart scored six runs and took a catch as the visitors finished short on 203-9.

"Joe was a credit to himself, his cricket club and his community yesterday," tweeted Knowle bowler Chris Cheslin. "Great to see him back on the cricket field enjoying the game surrounded by his friends and family."

Hart could have played cricket professionally, having been in the same Worcestershire youth team as former England wicketkeeper Steven Davies at the age of 16, before he chose to concentrate on his blossoming football career at Shrewsbury Town.

Hart has returned to training at Manchester City after spending last season on loan at West Ham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44763390

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Don't get all the talk of "wait until you face quality opposition" when in the knockout stages it matters about what team was better on THAT DAY. That's why Russia beat Spain, and Sweden beat Switzerland.

What matters more than "quality opposition" at this stage is form, mental toughness and belief. England have bags of the last attribute and winning on pens will give them a mental strength that the inexperienced team lacked. Not to mention not folding when conceding a late equaliser vs Colombia. Form - well a comfortable 2-0 victory vs an organised Sweden, and a clean sheet, will give them confidence and knowing that they've won all their games that the A team have played is also a good sign going forward.

It's funny cos I mostly see the hate coming from Arsenal fans who'd much rather Germany to win the WC cos they have Ozil, or another WC team cos they have Arsenal starters in their XI. Hating cos they're the worst London club behind Chelsea and Spurs and you got zero Arsenal players in the England starting XI and only Welbeck on bench. Pathetic supporters
    Tottenham “but we applied pressure” Hotspur is leagues below Arsenal and Chelsea in terms of stature and significance. A completely irrelevant team that is obsessed with Arsenal and cannot win a trophy even if someone puts a gun to its head.

They will remain the butt of jokes as long as they show no ability to translate their big mouths into trophies.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    You can't just a fluke a QF in a WC, they're not world beaters but are a cohesive unit which maximise their strengths. To win a KO game for the first time since 2006 was a massive acheivement for England fans and that too via a penalty shoot out, it's not easy to handle those pressure situations but they have and remain in a tournament where upsets have been frequent. They were sent to get a bit of experience in prep for Qatar and have many positives to take away regardless, no doubt they could improve in open play. You criticising them fair enough I accept it, but people who live here berating for the sake of it is just weird.

Lol big time hypocricy due to bias against England
    Donít get me wrong, I really like this England team. They are grounded, hard working players with no sense of entitlement and are eager to restore dignity to English football (which they have already) and exercise the demons of the previous flop generations.

It also pains me to see that British Pakistanis are not supporting them due to various stupid reasons. However, we cannot deny that have had considerable luck so far. Almost everything is going their way - Italy and Netherlands failing to qualify, Germany, Argentina and Brazil missing out and Kane winning the Golden Boot on penalties and deflections.

It will be incredible for English football if it comes home, but France and Belgium are much superior teams and it will great if either of the two teams lift the trophy.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t get me wrong, I really like this England team. They are grounded, hard working players with no sense of entitlement and are eager to restore dignity to English football (which they have already) and exercise the demons of the previous flop generations.

It also pains me to see that British Pakistanis are not supporting them due to various stupid reasons. However, we cannot deny that have had considerable luck so far. Almost everything is going their way - Italy and Netherlands failing to qualify, Germany, Argentina and Brazil missing out and Kane winning the Golden Boot on penalties and deflections.

It will be incredible for English football if it comes home, but France and Belgium are much superior teams and it will great if either of the two teams lift the trophy.
    I agree with this part of your post as it's stupid that people who live in England aren't supporting England due to some bizarre reasons such as that they have bad fans. But the rest of your points, I think are irrelevant. I don't really care that we've avoided some of the harder teams. The matter of the fact is we are in the semi-finals and have a pretty good chance to win the most prestigious tournament I really hope we beat Croatia, the hype here in this country will be amazing and I'll be part of it. COME ON ENGLAND!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t get me wrong, I really like this England team. They are grounded, hard working players with no sense of entitlement and are eager to restore dignity to English football (which they have already) and exercise the demons of the previous flop generations.

Who told you this?lol

The vast majority of Pakistanis in England who follow football are supporting England.

Why do people use the term British Pakistanis? I ve read this from a few Pakistani posters who dont live in the UK. Do they expect Pakistanis living in Scotland, NI or Wales to support England , when they Scots, Welsh and Irish dont themselves? lol

In England there are Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Jamaicans, Polish, Indians and Pakistanis who dont support England.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Who told you this?lol

The vast majority of Pakistanis in England who follow football are supporting England.

Why do people use the term British Pakistanis? I ve read this from a few Pakistani posters who dont live in the UK. Do they expect Pakistanis living in Scotland, NI or Wales to support England , when they Scots, Welsh and Irish dont themselves? lol

In England there are Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Jamaicans, Polish, Indians and Pakistanis who dont support England.
    Lol you said to me you wore a Sweden Shirt during the QF

And majority of Jamaicans support England

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Who told you this?lol

British Pakistani is a loose term that is used for Pakistanis in England in this context. Obviously, I am not referring to Pakistanis living in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

However, the term English Pakistanis is rarely used and they are normally referred to as British Pakistanis anyway.

I donít doubt that the majority of Pakistanis living in England are supporting England.

My statement that British (or English) Pakistanis not supporting England is in the context of the English Pakistani PPers on this forum who are not supporting England as well as a few of my relatives in England who are not supporting the team either, and their reasoning is similar to the one provided here, i.e. most of the fans are hooligans, the media overhypes the players and and they will never get over it as a nation etc.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol you said to me you wore a Sweden Shirt during the QF

And majority of Jamaicans support England
    It was a wind up joke pal. lol

If I wasnt an England fan, I would tell you but having been to many England matches including watching them from private boxes, I think Im more of an England fan than most people.

But those who dont want to support England, it's their right not to, we are not Nazi Germany. Its shouldnt upset anyone else.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    British Pakistani is a loose term that is used for Pakistanis in England in this context. Obviously, I am not referring to Pakistanis living in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

However, the term English Pakistanis is rarely used and they are normally referred to as British Pakistanis anyway.

I don’t doubt that the majority of Pakistanis living in England are supporting England.

My statement that British (or English) Pakistanis not supporting England is in the context of the English Pakistani PPers on this forum who are not supporting England as well as a few of my relatives in England who are not supporting the team either, and their reasoning is similar to the one provided here, i.e. most of the fans are hooligans, the media overhypes the players and and they will never get over it as a nation etc.
    Your basing your view by with weak evidence. On this forum the majority of posts have stated they support Pakistan. Your relatives are entitled to their view but having lived here all my life and being a close follower of football, I can assure you the majority of Pakistanis who watch football want England to win.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    It was a wind up joke pal. lol

If I wasnt an England fan, I would tell you but having been to many England matches including watching them from private boxes, I think Im more of an England fan than most people.

But those who dont want to support England, it's their right not to, we are not Nazi Germany. Its shouldnt upset anyone else.
    I already said if people born in England do not want to support the team I have no issue with it but when they always berate the team it just doesn't sit well with me, if they just say the real reasons like what they went through in the 70s or 80s I accept that as well but just hating on them when they live here to is confusing, I know plenty of people who don't support England but don't berate them and are fans of Portugal , Argentina and Brazil instead. I think it's just mostly Liverpool fans who hate on England though everyone else is normal
    Last edited by shaz619; 9th July 2018 at 19:12.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Your basing your view by with weak evidence. On this forum the majority of posts have stated they support Pakistan. Your relatives are entitled to their view but having lived here all my life and being a close follower of football, I can assure you the majority of Pakistanis who watch football want England to win.
    As I said, I am basing it on the PPers here (who are not supporting England) and the people that I know in real life.

I am not denying that the majority are not supporting England, but those that are not have come up with very stupid justifications.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I already said if people born in England do not want to support the team I have no issue with it but when they always berate the team it just doesn't sit well with me, if they just say the real reasons like what they went through in the 70s or 80s I accept that as well but just hating on them when they live here to is confusing, I know plenty of people who don't support England but don't berate them and are fans of Portugal , Argentina and Brazil instead. I think it's just mostly Liverpool fans who hate on England though everyone else is normal
    I think you're wrong but never mind.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said, I am basing it on the PPers here (who are not supporting England) and the people that I know in real life.

I am not denying that the majority are not supporting England, but those that are not have come up with very stupid justifications.
    That's their right. This is the beauty of the UK, everyone is enlightened to feel as they want, live as they wish as long as they dont break any laws.

The bottom line is the majority of Pakistani's who follow football are supporting England. So people need to stop worrying about this.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    That's their right. This is the beauty of the UK, everyone is enlightened to feel as they want, live as they wish as long as they dont break any laws.

The bottom line is the majority of Pakistani's who follow football are supporting England. So people need to stop worrying about this.
    Of course no one is going to persecute them for not supporting England, but their decision can be criticized, especially when their justifications are weak.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Am not denying they had a favourable draw, but by our standards it is still a phenomenal achievement to reach a WC semi-final and handling the pressure of a big stage when all we've done is choke and even lose to teams like Iceland in a high profile international tournament. In addition there have been numerous upsets in this edition and we can't take the quality of opposition for granted but the performances have been good. There was only one deflection from Harry Kane and yes many of his goals included penalties but it takes skill to put them away and it wasn't his fault he was taken down in the box, he deserves credit for getting himself in attacking positions.

Those teams are definitely superior I agree and it's unfortunate that a portion of Brit Pak have not supported the team, I'd like to think most in the same bracket as me support them though; not sure about the 1st and 2nd gen though. Some of the reasons I do understand but when people just randomly hate or berate for the sake of it just gives all of us a really bad rep.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tottenham “but we applied pressure” Hotspur is leagues below Arsenal and Chelsea in terms of stature and significance. A completely irrelevant team that is obsessed with Arsenal and cannot win a trophy even if someone puts a gun to its head.

They will remain the butt of jokes as long as they show no ability to translate their big mouths into trophies.
    Don't care about stature and size. Who is the better team? Is it hard to admit that Arsenal are the 3rd best team in London?

I understand that Spurs finishing above Arsenal in the PL wins no trophies, but it shows the gulf in quality has closed. Last 2 seasons Spurs have finished higher in the PL, and yes Arsenal have won trophies, but Spurs are the better team. Cheslea are the better team too from Arsenal.

Arsenal are the joke of London tbh, but they give great entertainment in AFTV.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a few people, Asians in general, who don't like English people or media in general due to their pompous behaviour. It's a weird sentiment to have since the players don't control the fans or media.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I know a few people, Asians in general, who don't like English people or media in general due to their pompous behaviour. It's a weird sentiment to have since the players don't control the fans or media.
    While I don't like sections of the media either, it doesn't really relate to the football. I would think the media in any country would get excited about a world cup run. I think it's the non-football related media which Asians probably have a problem with, and they are perfectly right to do so, but most of the younger generation of Pakistanis in my family are getting just as excited about the England campaign as the rest of the country. Most of them think I'm weird because I'm always ribbing them for it.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t doubt that the majority of Pakistanis living in England are supporting England.

I can't imagine what it's going to be like if England win the world cup to be fair. Already some players are being lionised such as Harry McGuire and Kane. Kane is capable of carrying it, he is an outstanding striker, I do wonder how some of the other players will cope next season when every mistake will be looked at through a magnifying glass. Perhaps it will lift them to another level, who knows?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    While I don't like sections of the media either, it doesn't really relate to the football. I would think the media in any country would get excited about a world cup run. I think it's the non-football related media which Asians probably have a problem with, and they are perfectly right to do so, but most of the younger generation of Pakistanis in my family are getting just as excited about the England campaign as the rest of the country. Most of them think I'm weird because I'm always ribbing them for it.
    Lot of the Asians I know find the ĎItís Coming Homeí frenzy way OTT, and they have a problem with the English fans - mostly thr English culture of drinking, going to pubs, getting smased, smashing things, etc - the overhyping English media and, as you rightly pointed out, the non-football media too. Everywhere they look itís the same three words of ĎItís Coming Homeí. They misinterpret profound optimism for obscure arrogance imo as the WC comes once every 4 years, but I understand how they can get annoyed with it all.

Ah, and a couple of my friends donít like guys with personalities too, someone like Lingard. Heís a human being. Heís allowed to be himself as long as heís working hard and heís shown that for England, being one of the standout performers.
    Last edited by idrizzy; 10th July 2018 at 10:53.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot of the Asians I know find the ĎItís Coming Homeí frenzy way OTT, and they have a problem with the English fans - mostly thr English culture of drinking, going to pubs, getting smased, smashing things, etc - the overhyping English media and, as you rightly pointed out, the non-football media too. Everywhere they look itís the same three words of ĎItís Coming Homeí. They misinterpret profound optimism for obscure arrogance imo as the WC comes once every 4 years, but I understand how they can get annoyed with it all.

Ah, and a couple of my friends donít like guys with personalities too, someone like Lingard. Heís a human being. Heís allowed to be himself as long as heís working hard and heís shown that for England, being one of the standout performers.
    Their reasons are pathetic. Letís not sugarcoat this. Itís not Asians. Itís only people of Pakistani descent who have no or little English friends and donít venture outside their comfort zones of their own areas.

Ps within majority Pakistani areas, there are still England car flags 😊

The drinking culture has always been there. The majority of England drink and thatís part of the culture. Nobody is asking everyone to drink!

They think England is OTT because they donít hang flags everywhere normally. In Pakistan and India, there are flags everywhere on a daily basis...so I think England are allowed to be patriotic.

Then again these doom mongers usually donít like any form of happiness be it in England or back in Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Lot of the Asians I know find the ‘It’s Coming Home’ frenzy way OTT, and they have a problem with the English fans - mostly thr English culture of drinking, going to pubs, getting smased, smashing things, etc - the overhyping English media and, as you rightly pointed out, the non-football media too. Everywhere they look it’s the same three words of ‘It’s Coming Home’. They misinterpret profound optimism for obscure arrogance imo as the WC comes once every 4 years, but I understand how they can get annoyed with it all.

Ah, and a couple of my friends don’t like guys with personalities too, someone like Lingard. He’s a human being. He’s allowed to be himself as long as he’s working hard and he’s shown that for England, being one of the standout performers.
    That has always been the stereotype of England fans hasn't it but they don't see that there are many who are not like that, I don't drink but think it fine if you do and go to pubs as well so long you're not being an idiot; I think during half time of the sweden game or at the end the BBC showed clips of people around England celebrating the goals, some cities were throwing their bears and stuff while others just erupted with cheers / were more reserved. It depends on the circle of people / region as well. But in this time period there are more fans which are civil and they may or may not enjoy a drink ! Look at the response to the idiots who were on top of the ambulance, that woman has now been arrested thanks to the good people of England.

It's coming home is not arrogance at all, if other folk took the time to read the lyrics of the song they would see that. This is our best WC performance for nearly 3 decades ! let us have our moment, the players will all return to England as hero's regardless. No body will ever quiet relate to what we as England football fans have gone through but if they did the euphoria would be understandable now am not talking about behaving like idiots but just taking it all in and relishing the greatest footballing experience of our lives which others may not have the luxury of years from now.

How can that vid not give anyone goosebumps ? makes me very emotional

We don't have a right to that World Cup, but the beautiful game was born in England and our passion is second to none. The EPL is the greatest league on the planet and you will never find a seat empty even during dead rubbers in the Championship (mostly at Villa Park ). So don't question our hypnotic love for how well the current team is doing please and the happiness we feel, the golden generations had broken our hearts and often we have been the figure of great ridicule. If people can gauge this then they'd know that we can forget 'it's coming home' because it has already come home no matter what happens on Wednesday.

Here is the England team being welcomed back after the 1990 WC Semi-Final:

Contrary to what others say, we're all going this time and we will welcome the England team back for creating so many beautiful memories and putting smiles on the faces of our entire nation, because that's what they have finally bought home.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been to cricket matches pak v aus/eng and guess who the drunks were the pak fans.......All drunk and waving the Pakistani flag. Why is the st George offensive and the Pakistani flag not especially in the hands of somone who probably has no real time for Pakistan apart from cricket.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    I have been to cricket matches pak v aus/eng and guess who the drunks were the pak fans.......All drunk and waving the Pakistani flag. Why is the st George offensive and the Pakistani flag not especially in the hands of somone who probably has no real time for Pakistan apart from cricket.
    I don't think waving flags or even being drunk is offensive, but if Pakistan supporters started organising tours to trash foreign cities, you better believe there would be outrage.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has always been the stereotype of England fans hasn't it but they don't see that there are many who are not like that, I don't drink but think it fine if you do and go to pubs as well so long you're not being an idiot; I think during half time of the sweden game or at the end the BBC showed clips of people around England celebrating the goals, some cities were throwing their bears and stuff while others just erupted with cheers / were more reserved. It depends on the circle of people / region as well. But in this time period there are more fans which are civil and they may or may not enjoy a drink ! Look at the response to the idiots who were on top of the ambulance, that woman has now been arrested thanks to the good people of England.

It's coming home is not arrogance at all, if other folk took the time to read the lyrics of the song they would see that. This is our best WC performance for nearly 3 decades ! let us have our moment, the players will all return to England as hero's regardless. No body will ever quiet relate to what we as England football fans have gone through but if they did the euphoria would be understandable now am not talking about behaving like idiots but just taking it all in and relishing the greatest footballing experience of our lives which others may not have the luxury of years from now.

How can that vid not give anyone goosebumps ? makes me very emotional

We don't have a right to that World Cup, but the beautiful game was born in England and our passion is second to none. The EPL is the greatest league on the planet and you will never find a seat empty even during dead rubbers in the Championship (mostly at Villa Park ). So don't question our hypnotic love for how well the current team is doing please and the happiness we feel, the golden generations had broken our hearts and often we have been the figure of great ridicule. If people can gauge this then they'd know that we can forget 'it's coming home' because it has already come home no matter what happens on Wednesday.

Here is the England team being welcomed back after the 1990 WC Semi-Final:

Contrary to what others say, we're all going this time and we will welcome the England team back for creating so many beautiful memories and putting smiles on the faces of our entire nation, because that's what they have finally bought home.
    The WC has brought the nation together more than anything. I find those who don't support England are just hating for an outlandish reason, and even then it's the home of where you support your own club. The minority of the guys who don't support England are bitter that we've had an easy route to the final - which it sure it - but for an inexperienced, average and tbh nothing-to-lose English side compared to WCs prior, this has been one heck of a tournament. Winning on PENALTIES at a WC where we've had far more talented teams prior to this. Major props to Southgate who has got the best out of the players by playing a formation in which everyone is suited to.

I agree. It's not arrogance, it's just a bit of fun. It comes once every 4 years and it's not like England are Brazil where you get to the QFs more of less every WC. There will be people who take the fun far too much and end up causing vandalism but they're rightly reprimanded for their actions. But overall the nation has been very optimistic, while the World Cup is a large scale competition that deserves recognition. So much so that there's even been talks of having a bank holiday if England wins it:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/8...-a3883526.html

Not many experience such a feat, and it's the biggest stage in football. Winning the World Cup. It'll be a huge achievement but we gotta get past Croatia and then either France/Belgium. And as you rightly said, it's coming home regardless cos this has been something so refreshing to see.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But many are using that as a reason for not backing the English team. Yes the yob behaviour isn't good but why take it out on the team

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasim_Waqar View Post
    Their reasons are pathetic. Let’s not sugarcoat this. It’s not Asians. It’s only people of Pakistani descent who have no or little English friends and don’t venture outside their comfort zones of their own areas.

Ps within majority Pakistani areas, there are still England car flags ��

The drinking culture has always been there. The majority of England drink and that’s part of the culture. Nobody is asking everyone to drink!

They think England is OTT because they don’t hang flags everywhere normally. In Pakistan and India, there are flags everywhere on a daily basis...so I think England are allowed to be patriotic.

Then again these doom mongers usually don’t like any form of happiness be it in England or back in Pakistan.
    Hit the mail on the head. It's a minority of people though, so we shouldn't look too into it. It doesn't stop the happiness that England has brought the nation and the fact that ENGLAND CAN POTENTIALLY BE IN THE WC FINAL