Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please ban him!

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand what this guy and Umar Akaml are doing. I would have thought their elders would have guided them to the right path but i guess when it comes to these two nothing works.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Notice of charge handed out to Ahmed Shehzad

Lahore July 10 2018: Under the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Anti-Doping Rules (“the Anti-Doping Rules”) PCB conducted in-competition dope testing through an independent collecting agency during the Pakistan Cup 2018 held in Faisalabad. Amongst others, the urine sample of Ahmad Shehzad cricketer was collected on 3rd May 2018.

The sample was forwarded to a WADA-accredited laboratory for analysis which, through its Analytical Report, gave an Adverse Analytical Finding for the presence of a Prohibited Substance. PCB received the Analytical Report on 11th June 2018.

On 12th June 2018 PCB requested Anti Doping Agency of Pakistan to constitute an Independent Review Board and give their finding on whether a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption existed and/or whether there had been a departure from the international standards of testing.

This required the Review Panel to examine the lab pack and they thus wrote to the WADA accredited Laboratory requesting the same. The WADA accredited Laboratory submitted the Lab pack to the Review Panel earlier this week.

Upon receipt of the findings from the Review Board today, the PCB has issued and handed over a Notice of Charge to Ahmad Shehzad.

He has been given till 18th July 2018 to advise whether he wishes to have his B Sample tested and till 27th July 2018 to respond to the charges leveled in the Notice of Charge.

The PCB has also provisionally suspended Ahmad Shehzad pending the outcome of the charges.”

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A conspiracy against him. What is the maximum punishment he is looking at?

Any mitigation if he accepts the punishment the first time around?

What if he objects, goes for the B sample and is found guilty again? Will that add to his punishment?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just sad all round. Not how anyone imagined his career turning out when he came onto the scene.

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank god

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Silly boy.

Goodbye to him for a few years.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ‘My wife gave me medicine for my medical condition: I did not know it contained banned subrstance. Please exempt me’

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Silly boy.

Goodbye to him for a few years.
    Inshallah. I hope so.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Inshallah. I hope so.
    If his qismet has more cricket for Pakistan then so be it.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we probably won't see him playing for Pakistan for a few years.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    If his qismet has more cricket for Pakistan then so be it.
    Or his connections.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he comes back a stronger person from this and is able to provide for his family as athletes have a very short career.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khan991 View Post
    Hopefully he comes back a stronger person from this and is able to provide for his family as athletes have a very short career.
    and hopefully continues to only make money through T20 leagues as that is enough to provide for his family and will not hurt Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    and hopefully continues to only make money through T20 leagues as that is enough to provide for his family and will not hurt Pakistan cricket.
    Defenitly

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't be missed. Ban him forever for all I care.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of what his absence means to the team, I am curious how it happened. I am sure he or any player would not take any banned substance knowingly. It must have come from unknown sources.
    If they are going to ban players because of these genuine mistakes, then respective board should have a strict diet routine for all its players.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question is...what's the prohibited substance?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha in pcb punishment is inversely proportional to value of player.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirza105 View Post
    haha in pcb punishment is inversely proportional to value of player.
    well he adds zero value to his team.
    but can easily play match winning knocks for the opposition.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Or his connections.
    Or maybe it's a combination: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismat_Konnection

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Regardless of what his absence means to the team, I am curious how it happened. I am sure he or any player would not take any banned substance knowingly. It must have come from unknown sources.
    If they are going to ban players because of these genuine mistakes, then respective board should have a strict diet routine for all its players.
    Yes I'm sure the joint he was allegedly smoking magically flew to his mouth for several puffs
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th July 2018 at 11:43.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some reports claiming that he could face a ban of up to four years.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Some reports claiming that he could face a ban of up to four years.
    thats the max, which wont be applied.

Rehman got 6 months for cannibis

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Discarded Pakistan opener Ahmed Shahzad has decided not to challenge the positive dope test report as he did not request the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for the testing of ‘B’ sample while the deadline for the same expired on Thursday.

Now Shehzad, 26, has to submit his reply in his defence by July 27 and then the PCB will decide the penalty for his act of irresponsibility according to World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) rules.

Sources said by not challengingthe report, right-handed Shehzad has the chance to receive lighter penalty, but at the same time it all depends on how successfully he pleads the case.

WADA has different terms of punishment under different circumstances. Moreover, Shehzad’s move of hiring the services of Babar Awan, a leading lawyer, will also make some ‘positive’ effect on the case.

Dr Asad Abbas, a WADA expert, told Dawn that marijuana, which was found in Shehzad’s sample, is considered a relatively lighter pleasure drug. And as its effects could not last long, so, its use was only dangerous during a tournament or match. WADA had the rules to ban an athlete for a maximum of four years in case of proven guilty, he added.

However, in certain circumstances, like if an athlete proves that someone cheated him, the minimum doping ban in this case is just three months. According to Dr Asad, marijuana is considered a recreational drug but its use is banned during an event.

WADA took Shehzad’s sample during a domestic cricket match staged in Faisalabad the report of which was received last month. And the PCB also sought the opinion of the review board, which also endorsed the sample report.

After the report of the review board, the PCB started the procedure against Shehzad and allowed him to challenge the test by July 18.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1421198/sh...pe-test-report

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he is ban till 2020 donot want him anywhere near 2019 and 2020 t20I worldcup

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shehzad decides not to challenge doping test results

Opening batsman Ahmed Shehzad has decided not challenge the results of his doping test.

The deadline for the 26-year-old to challenge the result of the test ended today (Friday).

Shehzad has said that he did not take the performance enhancement medicine on purpose. “It was a mistake,” he added.

A tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will hear the matter and lawyer Babar Awan will represent the batsman. The lawyer will fight to get the cricketer’s punishment reduced.

He failed the drug test conducted during a domestic tournament in April and could face a ban of up to four years. The offence is the latest in a long litany of Pakistani players charged with doping and is a severe blow to the 26-year-old’s stuttering career.

Shehzad lost his test place following Pakistan’s tour to the West Indies in mid-2017 and has not played a one day international since last October.

He was part of Pakistan’s Twenty20 squad for the team’s two international matches last month, managing scores of 14 and 24, but missed out on playing for the tri-series Twenty20 in Zimbabwe which ended Sunday.

Pakistan’s cricketers have a history of failing tests for performance enhancing drugs.

Pace bowlers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif were both caught using banned substances in 2006 but were later given a reprieve after a tribunal set aside their drug tests.

Later rule changes led to a two-year ban for left-arm spinner Raza Hasan, who failed a doping test in 2015.

Two other Pakistan spinners, Yasir Shah and Abdur Rehman, have also received temporary bans in recent years.

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2018/07/...-test-results/

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam might fill his shoes of the player whom PPers want to be shown the door but would hang around the team.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    No excuses really and no basis to appeal on.

I hope though this isn't the beginning of the end for him in terms of playing cricket, but it could be a slippery slope from here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I hope though this isn't the beginning of the end for him in terms of playing cricket, but it could be a slippery slope from here.
    Whats he realistically looking at in terms of a ban? A year?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beginning of the end started a long time ago.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shehzad’s fate in limbo after Sethi goes

LAHORE: The fate of Ahmed Shehzad hangs in the balance as the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have yet to announce punishment after the discarded national team opener was found positive in a dope test.

With Najam Sethi resigning as the PCB chairman last week and Prime Minister Imran Khan just announcing nominees for the next board chief election, Shehzad’s case is pending after completion of all procedures.

Shehzad, who opted against challenging the results of the dope test conducted by WADA, now have to wait for the verdict after the new chairman is elected.

In a smart move, Shehzad has hired the services of prominent lawyer and political figure Babar Awan, whose is a PTI member, to raise hopes of a minimum punishment.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1429466/sh...ter-sethi-goes

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When has any player received more than 1 year ban for doping in the past? I believe that will be the maximum period for him as well.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards