Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I can understand PED's helping fast bowlers but how can it really help the batsman? I think this is probably an innocent mistake rather than anything else.
    Increased strength (easier to hit big)
    Increased stamina (ideal for longer innings + running between wickets)
    Improved healing (ideal since cricket has no "off season")

You simply become a better athlete and that has a trickle-down effect on everything.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Increased strength (easier to hit big)
    Increased stamina (ideal for longer innings + running between wickets)
    Improved healing (ideal since cricket has no "off season")

You simply become a better athlete and that has a trickle-down effect on everything.
    @MMHS the allegations are not for taking PEDs. Its for smoking a damn blunt. What the hell. Weed is getting legalized all over the world and here a players career can get destroyed over smoking a blunt. Hilarious.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    @MMHS the allegations are not for taking PEDs. Its for smoking a damn blunt. What the hell. Weed is getting legalized all over the world and here a players career can get destroyed over smoking a blunt. Hilarious.
    He is awful anyway without this he should never be picked for pakistan anyway. He destroyed his career by being so rubbish.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an irony it would be if Muhammad Hafeez gets his place back now in T20/ODI.

That would be like a double tamacha on the faces of Pakistani fans.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    What an irony it would be if Muhammad Hafeez gets his place back now in T20/ODI.

I was happy that we will finally got rid of shehzad till I read this. Hopefully this is not the case.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    These are not PED, rather recreational drugs - doping & drug abuse are not same. Players can be banned by cricket board (s) or even global administrator (ICC) for abusing recreational drugs, but not under PED category, because these drugs doesn't increase stamina, strength or reflex. However, these players are role model as well, hence they should be punished for using such substances.

Normally, those drugs (mostly steroids) are banned which helps respiration (higher oxygen intake), fat burner (quick body weight loss), anabolic steroids (building muscles), and few specific drugs which sharpens reflex and reaction time (mostly used by sprinters & swimmers for better start; and baseball players), but heroin, marijuana, cocaine, hashish, yaba ....doesn't help any physical attributes.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am a longtime critic of Ahmed mainly due to his selfishness which has cost us numerous times but think its not right to insult him personally.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    These are not PED, rather recreational drugs - doping & drug abuse are not same. Players can be banned by cricket board (s) or even global administrator (ICC) for abusing recreational drugs, but not under PED category, because these drugs doesn't increase stamina, strength or reflex. However, these players are role model as well, hence they should be punished for using such substances.

Normally, those drugs (mostly steroids) are banned which helps respiration (higher oxygen intake), fat burner (quick body weight loss), anabolic steroids (building muscles), and few specific drugs which sharpens reflex and reaction time (mostly used by sprinters & swimmers for better start; and baseball players), but heroin, marijuana, cocaine, hashish, yaba ....doesn't help any physical attributes.
    Absolutely. I believe theres a lot of hoopla being made just because a certain majority has a personal disliking of the player and wish for his career to end. Such characters would hold onto anything that fullfils this demand. Its like a blood lust. Khair, i hope there are saner heads in the decision makers. You cannot toy with a player's bread and butter like that. Smoking MJ is normal. I can guarantee that most on this thread have done it. Its a harmless drug. Better than smoking a cigarette which players like Babar have been accused of.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is harsh. I'm not fan of Shehzad, but this is ridiculous. Let these lads live a little

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither does Alcohol but I don’t see anyone getting banned over that.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha.

This is the only thread I've seen where EVERYONE is happy he got caught and will hopefully be banned.

TBH this is the only thing that can prevent him from getting selected.

Otherwise he's too powerful to not get a place in at least one squad.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad fails dope test

Karachi - Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad has failed a dope test and may face a minimum three-month-long suspension. It was learnt that the 26-year-old was tested during the Pakistan Cup, the country's domestic five-team one-day tournament, held from April 19 to May 1.

Shehzad, who played for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that went on to win the tournament, was the highest run-getter - scoring 372 runs at a towering average of 74.40. He struck three fifties and a century.

In a tweet, which was retweeted by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi, the PCB confirmed that a player had failed a dope test. "A player has reportedly tested positive for a prohibited substance," the tweet said. "But under ICC rules, the PCB cannot name the player or chargesheet him until the chemical report is confirmed by the Anti-Dope Agency of the government. We should have an answer in a day or two."

The PCB authorities gave the unfortunate news in a meeting held between selection committee and head coach Mickey Arthur on discussing the probable squad for Zimbabwe tour. It is learnt that the PCB has decided not to consider Shehzad for selection for the upcoming tour. Meanwhile, M Hafeez and Shan Masood have become strong contenders for the opening slot.

The World Anti-Doping Agency will decide action against the Pakistani opener. A PCB spokesperson also confirmed that one of its players has failed dope test but added that it can't reveal the name of the player till the verification of the test reports as per the ICC rules.

https://nation.com.pk/21-Jun-2018/ah...ails-dope-test

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and Shan

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So this seems like the final nail in Shehzad's LOI career?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is no need to rejoice over someone's misfortune. I hope he gets a lengthy ban and learns a lesson that helps in his life outside cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Alhamdulillah.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Now, I am not sure if people rejoicing the prospect of Ahmed leaving PAK cricket are so happy still - come on guy, MoHa & Shan to challenge this "after Mughabe" ZIM?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, I am not sure if people rejoicing the prospect of Ahmed leaving PAK cricket are so happy still - come on guy, MoHa & Shan to challenge this "after Mughabe" ZIM?
    LOL Shehzad is one unlucky guy. Missed the series against windies and prolly will miss the one against zimboks as well. Life is hard for the poor guy.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the only positive result that shezad produced in his career?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Wasn't Raza Hasan banned for 2 years by the PCB for taking banned drugs? Expect a similar punishment for Shehzad then.
    Yasir Shah also took banned drugs but was let off with an easier punishment

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Shan gets the spot ahead of MoHa

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Hafeez and Shan

WHY WHY WHY?!??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Terrible selection if true

#ThankYouInzi

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    This is crickets version of natural selection!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad has got a strong antifanbase i see

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well even after all those drugs, he still cannot hit sixes, nor he can face the fast bowler :

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I would like us to move on from Shezi, it's sad to see that yet another young Pakistani player has been reportedly involved in such stuff. It doesn't only defame Shehzad but also Pakistani Cricket as a whole in the eyes of the wider cricketing fraternity. Those that are enjoying Shehzad being involved in such stuff should really think twice before celebrating all this.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me reinforce that no one is to speculate what drugs Shehzad took.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 21st June 2018 at 08:29.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny to see the hate for Shehzad here ... He is still our best opener in tests despite being out of the team ... all his replacements have failed mostly ... In LOIs I admit he should not be picked ... but for tests he was ideal since the long format suits his batting.

Would be unfortunate to lose him due to this.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom6 View Post
    Funny to see the hate for Shehzad here ... He is still our best opener in tests despite being out of the team ... all his replacements have failed mostly ... In LOIs I admit he should not be picked ... but for tests he was ideal since the long format suits his batting.

Would be unfortunate to lose him due to this.
    Boom boom

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Boom boom
    Are you a fan of Shehzad ? Explain why he'd have a better tour then Azhar Ali in Australia for example.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 21st June 2018 at 09:54.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mithai leke aa MUBARAK HO MUBARAK HO MUBARAK HO

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Are you a fan of that absolute belend ? Explain why he'd have a better tour then Azhar Ali in Australia for example.
    What

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Shehzad fails dope test

Karachi - Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad has failed a dope test and may face a minimum three-month-long suspension. It was learnt that the 26-year-old was tested during the Pakistan Cup, the country's domestic five-team one-day tournament, held from April 19 to May 1.

Shehzad, who played for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that went on to win the tournament, was the highest run-getter - scoring 372 runs at a towering average of 74.40. He struck three fifties and a century.

In a tweet, which was retweeted by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi, the PCB confirmed that a player had failed a dope test. "A player has reportedly tested positive for a prohibited substance," the tweet said. "But under ICC rules, the PCB cannot name the player or chargesheet him until the chemical report is confirmed by the Anti-Dope Agency of the government. We should have an answer in a day or two."

The PCB authorities gave the unfortunate news in a meeting held between selection committee and head coach Mickey Arthur on discussing the probable squad for Zimbabwe tour. It is learnt that the PCB has decided not to consider Shehzad for selection for the upcoming tour. Meanwhile, M Hafeez and Shan Masood have become strong contenders for the opening slot.

The World Anti-Doping Agency will decide action against the Pakistani opener. A PCB spokesperson also confirmed that one of its players has failed dope test but added that it can't reveal the name of the player till the verification of the test reports as per the ICC rules.

https://nation.com.pk/21-Jun-2018/ah...ails-dope-test
    First of all I would like to say thanks to all mighty Allah as this is a special victory for the Pakistan and for the people of Pakistan. I think it has been a long struggle for this team to have to play this brainless and selfish batsman and finally he is Insha Allah history!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    oh the irony of shezzy failing a dope test?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculing a batsman so harshly that he may not even be able to show his face
    To people of his country.
    And the only reason being his bad performance.
    Lets see which brian lara replaces him.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Generally speaking though, don't really think Marijuana, cannabis etc should be termed as a performance enhancing drugs, it's quite the opposite if anything else, unless the fielder thinks it's a Mars bar he's catching. That's the only situation in which a player would have an unfair advantage.
    Hahah. That was funny and sounds like someone who’s “tested” that stuff.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am genuinely shocked by the replies in this thread. Yes, I dislike Shehzad as much as the next guy but seriously, I am a Pakistan fan and it is NEVER nice to see one of your country's players involved in this. Can't believe people are celebrating this as if it's Eid! Yes, I think he shouldn't be part of the Pakistan squad, but really, this is not a cause of a celebration as a fan of Pakistan cricket, and a fan of cricket in general!

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB logics, Ahmed Shazhad is not available so they get Hafeez instead:facepalm

Maybe they should try some one new dare I say it.

And I don’t like how so many people are celebrating on some one else’s misfortune, even if it is Ahmed Shahzad.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an Indian I feel embarassed at the kind of hatred he is getting here. This guy played for your country. If you can't appreciate him, atleast dont humiliate.

Pakistani fans have lost it!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    Being an Indian I feel embarassed at the kind of hatred he is getting here. This guy played for your country. If you can't appreciate him, atleast dont humiliate.

Pakistani fans have lost it!
    I have been feeling embarrassed to see such a response as well.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I am genuinely shocked by the replies in this thread. Yes, I dislike Shehzad as much as the next guy but seriously, I am a Pakistan fan and it is NEVER nice to see one of your country's players involved in this. Can't believe people are celebrating this as if it's Eid! Yes, I think he shouldn't be part of the Pakistan squad, but really, this is not a cause of a celebration as a fan of Pakistan cricket, and a fan of cricket in general!
    Well said bro and couldnt agree more.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ironic that today is National Selfie day.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Generally speaking though, don't really think Marijuana, cannabis etc should be termed as a performance enhancing drugs, it's quite the opposite if anything else, unless the fielder thinks it's a Mars bar he's catching. That's the only situation in which a player would have an unfair advantage.
    Delivery slows down so you got more time!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's new??
    He always fails, this time it's dope test

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its never nice seeing one of your own players going through this. Having to fail a dope test does not create a good image of our team. Now we all want to get of Shehzad from the team but this is taking it too far, with this being said I hope he doesn't repeat this again. As for the great news of seeing Hafeez and Masood our lives as Pakistan cricket team supporters seem to be getting better and better.

Shehzad fails a dope test which means he will no longer be in the team for a while depending on the punishment.
    His replacement in the team is between Hafeez and Masood

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if it keeps him out of the Pakistan side

it's good news
    i wouldn't cry too much about him smoking weed, silly move for him to do as an athlete and when he knows it's banned but oh well

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan masood to score a double hundred against Zimbabwe and secure a place for the World Cup - you heard it here first.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    It's ironic that today is National Selfie day.
    Must have been pre-planned!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate for Ahmed Shehzad. He is more suitable as a Test Player however he was being selected as T20 player. Now that too will slip away from him

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    after the CT last year, another great End gift for fans of Pakistan Cricket

with the emergence of all this young talent, and hopefully the end of Shehzad - truly a great time to be a Pak cricket fan

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post

Didn't I tell you guys?

The professor is back.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad reacts:

"PCB has told these things to the players and they all know about it"

"These [players] arent kids belonging to U15 or U19 teams"

"Mistakes can happen but these players are told about what medicines to take etc and when you dont know about them, always ask/check with the doctor"

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Javed Miandad reacts:

"Mistakes can happen but these players are told about what medicines to take etc and when you dont know about them, always ask/check with the doctor"
    Lol, what if the doctor okayed it?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad reacts:

What is Javed miandad on about? From what is heard, he never took PEDs. He just took a recreational drug.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Lol, what if the doctor okayed it?
    Whatever Shahzad's been caught for was undocumented or done without the team doctor's permission.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    stay on topic pls.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad reacts:

Miandad should be last person to listen to. Apart from his good cricket career he did more damage to our cricket than anyone else.
    1. He was the worst coach we have ever had. Appointed 4 times and sacked for zero performances.
    2. He was the director of PCB for a good number of years but didn't discover not a good batsman except collecting a fat pay cheque.
    3. Always have grudge against foreign coaches and now how to be boastful in media.
    4. He was the reason a failure like Faisal Iqbal got so many chances.

Shehzad is one of our worst batsman and he has obsession with selfies but a person he is more mature and honest than so called former.
    Last edited by MenInG; 22nd June 2018 at 16:19.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    So fact that Ahmed Shehzad not in the LOI Squads seems to confirm that he is the one who has been caught.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PakPassion.net: Where do you see Ahmed Shehzad’s future as some critics say he is being picked without too much in terms of form to justify that selection?

Mickey Arthur: I am going to stick my neck out a bit for Ahmed Shehzad and say that he was unlucky to lose his place in the T20I team. That is because his performances against the World XI were excellent. His one performance against New Zealand was impressive and he didn’t do too bad against Sri Lanka either. He only missed out from a place in the Karachi games against the Windies because we made the decision to move Babar Azam to open which allowed us to play Hasan Ali, Hussain Talat and Asif Ali in the team. Shehzad missed out in the team because Fakhar Zaman will always play in T20Is as he provides something different to our team. He is always the first choice when you are picking an opening batsman for white-ball cricket.

Ahmed Shehzad is at an interesting point in his career as he knows that only good performances will justify his selection. I am still backing him as I still feel he has a role to play in T20Is and perhaps in ODI cricket down the line, but the rest will be up to him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    PakPassion.net: Where do you see Ahmed Shehzad’s future as some critics say he is being picked without too much in terms of form to justify that selection?

Mickey Arthur: I am going to stick my neck out a bit for Ahmed Shehzad and say that he was unlucky to lose his place in the T20I team. That is because his performances against the World XI were excellent. His one performance against New Zealand was impressive and he didn’t do too bad against Sri Lanka either. He only missed out from a place in the Karachi games against the Windies because we made the decision to move Babar Azam to open which allowed us to play Hasan Ali, Hussain Talat and Asif Ali in the team. Shehzad missed out in the team because Fakhar Zaman will always play in T20Is as he provides something different to our team. He is always the first choice when you are picking an opening batsman for white-ball cricket.

Ahmed Shehzad is at an interesting point in his career as he knows that only good performances will justify his selection. I am still backing him as I still feel he has a role to play in T20Is and perhaps in ODI cricket down the line, but the rest will be up to him.
    Glad to see someone rooting for Shehzad as it seems to me he is doing all he can to destroy his own career!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the only POSITIVE thing I have heard of him in a long time... lol

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone please explain why he was ever selected? It's reasonably obvious that he's quite short - the 178cm listed on the net seems somewhat optimistic - it would appear that has no real power, no timing, not the greatest hand-eye coordination, poor bat speed/reflexes, he seems incapable of using the pace of the ball, rotating the strike and, since his knock on the head, an apparent fear of the ball. I understand that the Misbah era was characterised by dot balls followed by an ugly premeditated hoik, but can anyone explain why it's taken so long for so many to see the light. It makes me worry about Mickey's judgement of cricketing horseflesh if he's defending this guy. Personally, I find him to be a parody of a first-class cricketer who appears to have hit the jackpot on the slowest of pitches where even my grandmother could score with a toothbrush.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Uncertainty surrounds Shehzad’s dope test case proceedings: report

KARACHI : Silence on the matter of Ahmed Shehzad’s dope test has raised doubts over the transparency of the issue by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Last month, media reports suggested that Shehzad was tested positive for banned substance ‘marijuana’ and was expected to receive at least three months ban.

However, the matter has not processed forward and there is no show cause notice sent to the opener till date.

According to sources, there are ‘influential’ people who are trying to save opener’s career and therefore the board’s silence is creating doubts on the transparency of the matter.

When asked about the progress on the matter, Daily Express correspondent was told by the PCB official that the board cannot disclose the name of the player as the matter is being overlooked by an independent panel, and the board will further proceed once they will get the response.

Another matter which is undergoing suspicious silence from the PCB is Akmal’s revelation about spot-fixing offer. The middle-order batsman recently revealed in an interview that he was offered $200,000 to leave two balls in the match against India during 2015 ICC World Cup clash.

After that, Akmal was interviewed by PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) head Colonel (retd) Azam for two hours, but so far no progress has been seen in this regard as well.

Azam is with the Pakistan team in Zimbabwe at the moment, whereas Akmal is waiting for the visa to travel to Canada to participate in the GT20 league.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1752051...edings-report/

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uncertainty surrounds Shehzad’s dope test case proceedings: report

KARACHI : Silence on the matter of Ahmed Shehzad’s dope test has raised doubts over the transparency of the issue by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Last month, media reports suggested that Shehzad was tested positive for banned substance ‘marijuana’ and was expected to receive at least three months ban.

However, the matter has not processed forward and there is no show cause notice sent to the opener till date.

According to sources, there are ‘influential’ people who are trying to save opener’s career and therefore the board’s silence is creating doubts on the transparency of the matter.

When asked about the progress on the matter, Daily Express correspondent was told by the PCB official that the board cannot disclose the name of the player as the matter is being overlooked by an independent panel, and the board will further proceed once they will get the response.

Another matter which is undergoing suspicious silence from the PCB is Akmal’s revelation about spot-fixing offer. The middle-order batsman recently revealed in an interview that he was offered $200,000 to leave two balls in the match against India during 2015 ICC World Cup clash.

After that, Akmal was interviewed by PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit (ACU) head Colonel (retd) Azam for two hours, but so far no progress has been seen in this regard as well.

Azam is with the Pakistan team in Zimbabwe at the moment, whereas Akmal is waiting for the visa to travel to Canada to participate in the GT20 league.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1752051...edings-report/
    If he smoked marijuana then this ban won’t last very long.

So this claim that some influential person is trying save his career is baseless. Because there is nothing to save here.

If I recall Abdur Rehman smoked weed a couple of years ago and he was banned for 3 months and he returned to cricket no problem afterwards.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    If he smoked marijuana then this ban won’t last very long.

So this claim that some influential person is trying save his career is baseless. Because there is nothing to save here.

If I recall Abdur Rehman smoked weed a couple of years ago and he was banned for 3 months and he returned to cricket no problem afterwards.
    Exactly, who bans someone on smoking a joint. Only in Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sports league around the world suspend players who have been caught smoking weed. NBA and NFL have both suspend players in the last few years

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Banned or not this guy should never play for us again. He is as medicore as it gets. Should look for an alternative career will be my advice to him.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Connections are very important in Pakistan I guess.

This guy has connections and that's why he has played so many times for Pakistan and those same connections will try to gethim out of this mess too.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Also in NBA, NFL, all top European leagues, tennis...

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Connections are very important in Pakistan I guess.

This guy has connections and that's why he has played so many times for Pakistan and those same connections will try to gethim out of this mess too.
    The Nawaz Sharif verdict one hoped would have put a new level of accountability in Pakistani public life! Clearly not the case.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shehzad's doping test result to be out this week

KARACHI:- Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad’s fate over a positive dope test is likely to be known this week, with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) hoping to receive the final report in the coming days. A source in the PCB said that due to the sensitivity of the issue, the tests reports were sent to India for a re-check which caused the delay. “Pakistan government’s anti-doping agency review board wanted to be very careful and double check because a senior player was involved, hence it asked an Indian lab to re-check tests,” the source said. “This [getting tests re-checked from India] took several weeks,” he added.

https://nation.com.pk/10-Jul-2018/sh...-out-this-week

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    2 year ban?

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the PCB expect a slap on the wrist and advice to not get stoned just before going for drug testing, then back in the team....

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drug in his system was selfiedhone.. totally illegal .. send him to b

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In light of this news, this tweet is even better

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way he was going to get thrown out the team. He seemed to be the only self-absorbed player, that just didn't fit into the current pakistani set up.

"People don't make good Anchors. They change. The people here are going to change."

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is great news, literally a blessing in disguise. After this guy made, yet another, comeback in the T20 team and again started his "tuk, tuk" I pulling my hair out. This was literally the only way we could be done with this guy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Pakistan government’s anti-doping agency review board wanted to be very careful and double check because a senior player was involved
    Whereas if it was a junior player then send them to the gallows straightaway ?

What difference does it make ?

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard time believing that in this day of professionalism in cricket, players like Akmal and Shehzad somehow are always in the running for the team. We have a glut of talented, dedicated and professional new players coming into the team. Akmal and Shehzad should really be shown the door for good.

Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!