User Tag List

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the age of the Indian batsmen be a hurdle at the World Cup?

We have countless stars coming up from domestics, but what's wrong with the selectors?

I know there's not much time to throw youngsters in. But why was it not planned earlier?

These will be the ages of our batsmen(expected ones to be in the squad) at the WC.

Rohit 32
    Shikhar 33
    Kohli 30
    Raina 32
    Rayudu 33
    Dhoni 37
    Karthik 34
    Jadhav 34
    Rahul 27

I don't see anyone making it to the squad apart from the above mentioned 9 batsmen.

Like, how did this happen? We have rich batting culture, and it really baffles to see 8/9 batsmen to be above 30. And the one, Rahul, who knows may not even make it to the squad. Thanks to Kohli and Our Cheerleader coach.

Anyways, it's what it is, but will this affect our chances at the world cup?

We already missed the CT, thanks to Jadhav, Dhoni and Yuvraj

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. The top batsmen are in their peak. If they fail it won't be due to the age.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    No. The top batsmen are in their peak. If they fail it won't be due to the age.
    That's what my concern is. No doubt, Rohit, Shikhar and Kohli will be enough for any team. But when all the 3 have an off day(like CT Final), the middle order needs to step up. You can't expect the top r order to keep winning games for u 10/10 times.

One more issue is, More often than not the trio will win the games, which means the middle and lower middle order won't have much game time, and if they are brought in early in a big match, then they will fall like a pack of cards.

Hope atleast KL Rahul gets a consistent run till the WC. If he fails in England, Our selectors might bring back Jadhav and Rayudu.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Pakistan, who struggle to produce one decent batsman, these will be their (probable 9) ages

Fakhar 29
    Imam 23
    Azhar 34
    Babar 24
    Haris 29
    Hafeez 38
    Sarfraz 32
    Malik 37
    Asif 27

That's just 4/ 9, and moreover Azhar is already dropped, and he may not even make it to the final squad.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I still cannot believe we will go to another WC outside Asia with Raina and Dhoni in top 6. Add Dinesh Karthik to the list too. Basically not a single young batsman added to 2015 batting line up where as bowling lineup has been completely overhauled!

All this because Dhoni continues to have an undue hold in team selection with Shastri and Kohli blindly following him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see Raina playing for India anymore. He was very good at one point of time but the recent performance in IPL means it is all over for Raina.

His replacement will be Karthik who has luckily been a late bloomer and his body language and mental approach looks great by the looks of things at the moment.

However, it is true that Indian selectors did messed up by not giving enough chance to the youngsters.

The Indian batting for WC at this point I can think of will be:-

Rohit 32
    Dhawan 33
    Kohli 30
    Rahul 27
    Karthik 34
    Dhoni 37( Dhoni can come up the order at times)
    Pandya 25

It is looking good tbh but in 1 year many things can change.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 24th June 2018 at 18:59.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Karthik out - Shubman Gill in
    Dhoni out - Risabh Pant in

These are the two changes most needed. Anyways with the current squad we will get thrashed in Eng and later even in Aus. I'll not be surprised if Dhoni, like he did from Tests on last Aus tour, decides to retire from shorter formats mid way in the series later this year.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't u heard our great coach shastri recently saying "we don't play opposition, we play 22 yards pitch" when asked abt seaming pitches in England. Ask him abt the age and his response wud be some bull like we don't care abt the ages, we care abt 22 legs..
    Last edited by UN talkz; 24th June 2018 at 22:34.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian team is doomed in WC, they will be out of the tournament after first two or three matches

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does age have to do with it? Early 30s is not old. The issue is consistency and dependability, not age.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post

These are the two changes most needed. Anyways with the current squad we will get thrashed in Eng and later even in Aus. I'll not be surprised if Dhoni, like he did from Tests on last Aus tour, decides to retire from shorter formats mid way in the series later this year.
    It is easy to say but Karthik won't be replaced by Gill anytime soon. Gill is young and needs atleast 2 years before having a shot for WC. Kohli debuted in 2008 and when he played 2011 WC, he was still a youngster.

Dhoni out, Pant in could have been done 2 years ago but now most likely it won't.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    We have countless stars coming up from domestics, but what's wrong with the selectors?

I know there's not much time to throw youngsters in. But why was it not planned earlier?

These will be the ages of our batsmen(expected ones to be in the squad) at the WC.

Rohit 32
    Shikhar 33
    Kohli 30
    Raina 32
    Rayudu 33
    Dhoni 37
    Karthik 34
    Jadhav 34
    Rahul 27

I don't see anyone making it to the squad apart from the above mentioned 9 batsmen.

Like, how did this happen? We have rich batting culture, and it really baffles to see 8/9 batsmen to be above 30. And the one, Rahul, who knows may not even make it to the squad. Thanks to Kohli and Our Cheerleader coach.

Anyways, it's what it is, but will this affect our chances at the world cup?

We already missed the CT, thanks to Jadhav, Dhoni and Yuvraj
    I have mentioned it couple of times as well, they might not be too old but they arent young as well. At this time there should have been atleast two young batsmen being settled in the team.

Youngsters generate another level of energy.

In the next couple of years Rohit, Shikhar, Dhoni, Karthik, Raydu, Raina will all be almost gone and if the fans are thinking that Iyer, Gil, Pant, Shaw will start winning games from the very start then they are in an illusion as no matter how well you play in domestics or A teams international pressure is something else and requires time to settle in.
    Last edited by Titan24; 24th June 2018 at 22:15.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should have been done earlier, dont see it happening as world cup is now months away.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way is it going to happen. It's all too late now to debut unless someone gets injured.

I can bet, the squad will be selected only from the above mentioned 9.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    With a 37-38 year old you never know. Two bad series and he will prefer to move out / will get thrown out. Same with DK. After being inconsistent and a TTF for over a decade, you cannot suddenly become so good to play in a WC as pure batsman

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its cricket not Football.Raina is still one of the best fielders in Indian side and still runs like a hare.Dhoni's batting has went down but not his atheltic ability and speed.He needs to go though but that is more to do with his inept batting rather than his age related issues.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 24th June 2018 at 22:40.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure re the Q asked by OP, but one thing I want to say is that Prithvi Shaw and Shubman Gill are too mature to play A games and donestics, they have destroyed U19 and A teams in last one year, they need to be in squad atleast if not in the playing XI. Both Shaw and Gill are way better than Rohit Sharma, as far as Dhawan is concerned, i would have him in my WC team bcz his record in Global tournaments is mind blowing, he needs to be there.

If India continue with same batting line-up for WC then it will be all about Dhawan and Kohli, if they fail India are doomed.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 24th June 2018 at 23:12.

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Its cricket not Football.Raina is still one of the best fielders in Indian side and still runs like a hare.Dhoni's batting has went down but not his atheltic ability and speed.He needs to go though but that is more to do with his inept batting rather than his age related issues.
    Batting goes down by age, especially when you depend a lot on power and hand eye coordination

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting goes down by age, especially when you depend a lot on power and hand eye coordination
    That would happen around 36-37 not 32 because plenty of batsmen had had thier peaks around that age.Hussy for one example.Could be true in Dhoni's case but doesn't look like it is with others.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Age isn't the factor. It's past the prime or not good/consistent enough the problem. Their top 3 are one of the best in the world, but afterwards 4 5 6 are the big problem for India. After that Pandya at 7 is a good option as well. Dhoni is possibly the only one you can relate with age as he has declined sharply since 2014-15. Dhawan is still at his best, so is Kohli, Rohit and others.

The no.4 is not settled. I would love to give Rahul a big rope to make that spot his own as he has the ability to adapt play either as an anchor or the blaster. Would prefer Raina over Jadhav as Raina's bowling is more developed and his batting is more consistent than Jadhav as well. You know what you can get out of Raina. While Jadhav has ATG stats in domestic cricket, he has been very much a boom or bust in international arena. Think Samson, Shaw, Gill, Pant are too inexperienced to be tried this close to WC except Pant maybe who has been in a purple patch since a few months. But if Pant has to be brought in, then you have to have Dhoni at no. 4 and Pant and Raina at 5 and 6. That said, after their top 3, India's batting is quite unreliable and with a long tail starting from no 8.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, it's a valid concern. You may lose form very quickly if you are on the other side of the 30s. England have the best batting lineup because most of their batsmen are in the 20s.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raina is done as a batsmen. Just look at how he has fared in IPL and other T20 matches he got chance in last few series.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Raina is done as a batsmen. Just look at how he has fared in IPL and other T20 matches he got chance in last few series.
    And yet he makes it to both ODI, as well the T20I squads.
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 25th June 2018 at 01:19.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every sane Indian and Pakistani cricket fan knows that the senior batsmen in their team are an obstacle to potential triumph.

Yet it will all go along because nobody cares. Nobody will do anything about it who has the authority to do so. Because it requires something called integrity.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...... maybe when they field !!!!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni had a decent IPL so I don’t see him getting dropped anytime soon.The 2019 WC will be his swansong.I’m pretty sure Pant and Kartik will also be in the squad.

Of the batsmen in the OP,only Jadhav and Rayudu are average.Why has Manish Pandey dropped off the radar?

I agree with other posters that Gill and Shaw need to be brought in to the squad.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    He was the MOS in the SA T20 series and also scored well against England before that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's what my concern is. No doubt, Rohit, Shikhar and Kohli will be enough for any team. But when all the 3 have an off day(like CT Final), the middle order needs to step up. You can't expect the top r order to keep winning games for u 10/10 times.

One more issue is, More often than not the trio will win the games, which means the middle and lower middle order won't have much game time, and if they are brought in early in a big match, then they will fall like a pack of cards.

Hope atleast KL Rahul gets a consistent run till the WC. If he fails in England, Our selectors might bring back Jadhav and Rayudu.

Lol must teams will struggle if their main batsmen don't perform. Not everyone has a line up like England's.

India could introduce 1 or 2 young batsmen before the WC. There's still a year to go.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On face value yes, the number of players over 30 is a concern, BUT that is where the yo yo tests come in. Unless you clear it you are out, so that should be a big mitigating factor.

I hope Rahul and Hardik are in top form during the tournament and get picked for all the matches (especially the former). That should be another mitigating factor. With Kuldeep and Bumrah, then your playing eleven doesnt look so dated..

But all said and done if an older player puts in the performance game after game, we would all be made to look foolish...so there you go - both sides of the coin!

Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age will not be a concern.

The concern is going to the quality of middle order. If we can get Rahul at 4, Raina at 5 and Dhoni at 6, its not too bad.

Raina, I believe, is still very clutch and can score crucial 50-60 when India is in trouble.

Dhoni, as much as we may want, is not going anywhere until 2019 WC.

Rahul needs to cement his place at 4. Pandya at 7 provides a bit fire power.

As compared to England we have nothing much from 8-11. If a couple of them could score quick 20s, then that could have been crucial, but don’t think our bowlers are capable of that. Kuldeep and Bhuvi can hang around, but not smash the ball and score a quick fire 20. The less said about Bumrah‘s and Chahal‘s batting ability the better.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    He was the MOS in the SA T20 series and also scored well against England before that.
    Not really. Bhuvi was the MoS. Raina did win a MoM because he scored a 40 and took a wicket.

Fun fact, since his comeback, he's yet to pass 50 in 8 innings and has scored 192 runs in these T20s mostly through some ugly hoicks. Does not deserve to play T20s or ODIs any longer. He has been a complete failure in domestic cricket as well. But gets in on Dhoni's recommendation. Sad reality which will bite us soon.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow

Rohit
    Shikhar
    Kohli
    Raina
    Dhoni
    Pandey

That's a young team there. Shame that even Pakistan playing so many youngsters, and we, depsite having so many upcoming batsmen are stuck with this.

Why are they even playing Pandey?? He himself is a match Loser. Why not Rahul??
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th June 2018 at 02:33.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I still cannot believe we will go to another WC outside Asia with Raina and Dhoni in top 6. Add Dinesh Karthik to the list too. Basically not a single young batsman added to 2015 batting line up where as bowling lineup has been completely overhauled!

All this because Dhoni continues to have an undue hold in team selection with Shastri and Kohli blindly following him.
    Kohli, Dhoni and Raina were also part of the batting line up in 2011. Sharma was also in and around the squad at the time but he didn't feature in the 2011 WC. So 8 years without much changes in the batting line-up.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit , Raina and Dhoni may just kill our chances

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well Raina and Dhoni are fit. All young batsmen have to wait because Indian cricket owes a debt to Dhoni.

Afger sucking out all momentum and struggling till 19th over, Dhoni will hit in 20th overs and as always escape any scrutiny at a on how disastrous his such innings are.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rohit , Raina and Dhoni may just kill our chances
    Rohit and Dhoni.

Raina still can hit a few big ones down the order. He is also a terrific fielder and roll his arm over for a few decent overs.

Rohit is mostly miss and a few hits. Dhoni will waste deliveries until 19th over and in the 20th over, gets his S/R over 100.

Dhoni should start hitting from 17th over. This plan of conserving wickets and hitting in the final over is pathetic. Coach should send serious instructions to Dhoni. He cannot suck out all the momentum and play a couple of big shots in the final over and dance like everything is alright is overdone now.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India used to be very good at giving young batting talent a chance - at least in white ball cricket. Sehwag was 21 when he made his debut, Yuvraj a teenager, Kaif 22, Karthik 19, Dhoni 23, Raina 19, Uthappa 21, Tiwari 23, Kohli 20 etc. Okay not all of these guys succeeded but at least they were given a go. These days India give debuts to 30+ year olds like Faiz Fazal or recall tried and tested failures like Dinesh Karthik (okay he had one or two good matches but one swallow doesn't make a summer).

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see how our grandpas chase 200+ today.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT: Yuvraj, Dhoni and Jadhav costed us
    WC: Looks like Dhoni and Raina would cost us.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian batsmen like Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli will only get worse from now on IMHO.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the age that's the problem, it's the consistency and reliability. If Dhoni and Raina had that today, no one would be complaining.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell Raina?

Who's the Chief Selector?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th July 2018 at 22:05.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow uncles at 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.
    And Trundlers to make up in the bowling department.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncles Rohit, Karthik and Raina failed. Grandpa still making sure his Khaandaan doesn't get blown away and hence have become Wall and scoring at 50 sr.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    These players are at their peak. Sangakarra was a monstor even at 37-38. Its all about performance and form.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rohit, Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadhav, Karthik.

Shreyar out, as he's "inexperienced"

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see how these uncles do.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do think, Dhoni knows he's not being useful for India with the bat. He may be eyeing on this Asia Cup and if he fails badly. He might retire after that.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Age of the batsmen today:

Rohit 31,
    Dhawan 33 in Dec',
    Rayudu 33 in a few days,
    Karthik 33,
    Jadhav 33,
    Dhoni 37.

If you cannot play your youngsters in a meaningless tournament like the Asia Cup against a side like Hong Kong then when can you play them?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avg ages 33+😯😯

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn didn’t know the average was that high. I wonder who is the youngest average age wise.

But the again it could be advantage as they’re more experienced.
    Last edited by Hasan2K8; 18th September 2018 at 19:52.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Age of the batsmen today:

Rohit 31,
    Dhawan 33 in Dec',
    Rayudu 33 in a few days,
    Karthik 33,
    Jadhav 33,
    Dhoni 37.

If you cannot play your youngsters in a meaningless tournament like the Asia Cup against a side like Hong Kong then when can you play them?
    Holy smokes that is OLD

Also apart from Dhawan, the rest of those names are all ok or bad fielders. Not good signs for India

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India use to be ahead of the times when to integrate young batsmen, seem to be behind the times currently.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Age is just a number, its all about quality

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't remember when was the last time we played such a minnowesque batting lineup in an ODI. Well not so long ago, against Eng. However that team at least had Kohli, an ATG in ODIs. This team doesn't even have him in the XI.

Dark days for Indian batting. It was criminal not to to include the likes of Gill & Shaw in this team. They won't have done any worse than these TTFs.

MSK is such a tool. Was a talentless hack in his playing days, even more clueless as chief selector now.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoA has so royally screwed Indian cricket. Thank you very much Rai & Eduljee.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The grandad middle order is selected again.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rayudu, Dhoni, Karthik, Jadhav selected again.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu, Dhoni, Karthik, Jadhav selected again.
    We are blessed to have such experience batting order. But, these uncles will be found wanting at the WC.😢

World class top 3

Rohit
    Shikhar
    Kohli

Gully level middle order 😢

Rayudu
    Dhoni +
    Jadhav

Rayudu fails, Karthik will come in.😢
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 23rd September 2018 at 16:46.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncles 11

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for dhoni, noone is that old, and since dhoni is still good enough, i dont think age will be an issue.India will be hot fav's for this WC.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Except for dhoni, noone is that old, and since dhoni is still good enough, i dont think age will be an issue.India will be hot fav's for this WC.
    Rayudu will be 33, Karthik 34, Jadhav 34, Shikhar 33, Dhoni 37

Only Rohit and Kohli will be less than 33.

Dhoni is good enough?? Oh! may be for the opposition.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a team like india, jadhav and karthik shouldn't even be selected, i can understand players like them playing for a low rank team like Pak, but top team like india should pick a better squad.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see what these uncles do.

One uncle gone, two remaining. Let's see what they do now.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still Srinivas Dhoni rule. Karthik and murli Vijay are tamils. Srinivas had sacked selectors in past for not putting Tamil players in Indian team.
    Its aslo good for Dhoni that someone who has half his average amd is even worse than him is in team. They will have to sack Karthik first. Buys Dhoni more time.
    Last edited by Khalistani99; 13th January 2019 at 01:53. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamil lobby got Shankar in now.
    I am putting money on Australia to do 3-0 whitewash

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The oldies have done well down
    under and in NZ.

Barring an injury India’s 4-6 is now set in stone for the world
    cup - 3 out of Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadhav and Karthik will be the middle order.

So am XI something like:

Dhawan
    Sharma
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni
    Jadhav/Karthik
    Pandya
    Shami/Bhuvi
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Bumrah

12th man Jadeja.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalistani99 View Post
    At least you didn't bet your house on it.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Age of today’s batsmen:

Rohit 32 next month;
    Dhawan 33;
    Kohli 30;
    Rayudu 33;
    Dhoni 38 this summer;
    Shankar 28;
    Jadhav 34 in a couple of weeks;
    Jadeja 30.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No this is perfect, they are at the peak of experience. Fitness doesn't matter too much as they are athletes and we have very good support staffs.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalistani99 View Post
    Lobbying was gone along with Srini. Vijay Shankar is a useful all rounder with tons of maturity. Not an emotional wild child like Hardik.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Age of today’s batsmen:

Rohit 32 next month;
    Dhawan 33;
    Kohli 30;
    Rayudu 33;
    Dhoni 38 this summer;
    Shankar 28;
    Jadhav 34 in a couple of weeks;
    Jadeja 30.
    After the WC, Dhawan will be replaced by Shaw, Rayudu by Iyer/Gill and Dhoni by Pant.

We do need to find a batsman who can bowl 5-6 overs of spin every match. This will be crucial for the 23 WC