Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diego Maradona at the FIFA World Cup 2018

Fears for Diego Maradona’s health after Argentina’s World Cup victory

Fears are rising over the health of Diego Maradona after he had to receive medical attention during Argentina’s World Cup victory over Nigeria in St Petersburg.

The 1986 World Cup winner had been the centre of attention during the match as he watched Argentina’s advance to the last-16 in Russia, with television cameras showing his exuberant celebrations as Marcos Rojo scored the winning goal four minutes from time. He greeted it with middle-finger gestures with both hands but was later shown being helped from his seat in his box at the Luzhniki Stadium.

Maradona was then pictured receiving treatment from medical staff, with reports from Argentinian media that he had missed the last few minutes of the match.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mad.jpgmad1.jpgmad2.jpg

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he gets well but his antics in the last match were disgusting.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 27th June 2018 at 08:01.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cape Town - Diego Maradona has issued an update on his health after concerns were raised after images surfaced of him being treated by paramedics during Argentina's dramatic 2-1 World Cup win over Nigeria.

When Marcos Rojo scored the winning goal in the 86th minute, Maradona leaned over the front of the VIP box from where he was watching with friends and made a one-fingered salute while shouting an obscene insult.

A video later emerged showing the 1986 World Cup winner looking unwell, walking with difficulty and being guided into the dining room of the VIP section by two friends and then sitting in a chair.

Maradona gave an update on his health on his Instagram account saying he was "fine" and didn't require hospital treatment as earlier reported.

Former England star and BBC pundit and Gary Linker had blasted his antics and called him a "laughing stock."

"There's Diego Maradona celebrating, Lineker said. "I think there's a danger he's becoming a laughing stock I'm afraid.

"(He's) let himself down with that celebration. You understand how he's euphoric, but this kind of reaction... really, Diego?

https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Wor...scare-20180627

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Diego Maradona at the FIFA World Cup 2018

Maradona as a spectator has always been, well, bit of a tool. That middle finger gesture was least needed. Even during the last edition of the tournament in 2014, his celebrations etc. were a little overboard - definitely not of a former international player.

Either way, here´s hoping he stays healthy. His presence must be of value to the fans and possibly the team itself.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awful Man, always in the news for doing something disgusting.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Argentina legend Diego Maradona said he was "fine" after being seen by a doctor during the team's World Cup victory over Nigeria on Tuesday.

The 57-year-old, who captained Argentina to World Cup victory in 1986, said his "neck hurt a lot".

Maradona posted a picture on social media showing medical staff with him at half-time of the 2-1 victory, but denied he had been taken to hospital.

"I want to tell everyone that I am fine," his Instagram post read.

"I was checked by a doctor and he recommended me to go home before the second half, but I wanted to stay because we were risking it all. How could I leave?"

Argentina's victory meant they reached the last 16, where they will face France on Saturday.

Video posted online appeared to show Maradona struggling to get up from his seat at full-time but BBC Sport has learned he later boarded a flight back to Moscow.

Earlier, he was in tears when the score was 1-1, which would have resulted in Argentina's elimination.

Then, after Marcos Rojo scored the team's late winner, he was seen giving one-fingered gestures.

Maradona played 91 times for Argentina, scoring 34 goals, and later managed the national side.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44623999

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Wish him well and hope he gets better, he is entitled to behave how he wants to. He may be a footballing legend but is human just like everyone else.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He looks older than 57 in my view. A lifetime of idiocy, excess and drug abuse is catching up with him. I would be surprised if he makes it to 60.

I rate him as the best player of all time, but as a person he is a joke.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The greatest footballer of all time.

A man who will always remain a legend to many football lovers.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    The greatest footballer of all time.

A man who will always remain a legend to many football lovers.
    Despite his weird personality, you just cannot stop loving him as a foot baller. On field nobody was his match, maybe Pele but that's about it...

Unfortunately, there is no surprise here, he was always like that, even on field, back in 1982 WC match against Brazil, remember how he got red card

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maradona has always been classless even as a player from his 'Hand of God' ** to even putting tranquilizer in a Brazilian players drink during a QF match.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to stop taking drugs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't doubt his passion. But his health is a concern.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Waiting for some reactions after loss

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fifa says it "strongly rebukes" Argentina great Diego Maradona's comments that England's win over Colombia was a robbery and that referee Mark Geiger was not up to the task.
    "Following comments made by Diego Armando Maradona...Fifa strongly rebukes the criticism of the performance of the match officials which it considers to have been positive in a tough and highly emotional match," said the global soccer body in a statement.

"It also considers the additional comments and insinuations made as being entirely inappropriate and completely unfounded."

England won the round of 16 match on penalties following 120 minutes marred by squabbling, protests to the referee, play-acting and feigning injury.

Fifa said it was "doing everything within its power to ensure principles of fair play, integrity and respect are at the forefront of this World Cup and how the organisation is now run."

In that context, Fifa said it was "extremely sorry to read such declarations from a player who has written the history of our game."

Maradona said England's win was a "monumental robbery" and that Geiger "shouldn’t be given a match of this magnitude."

He added: "Geiger, an American, what a coincidence."

https://www.supersport.com/football/...bbery_comments

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A man of his talent and achievements should not be showing two fingers to fans of the opposing team. Referring to England win over Columbia as "monumental theft" does not suit a man who punched the ball in the net against the very side many years back calling it "The hand of God". No doubt he was a great player before swelling up like a balloon and losing his head. Learn from Imran Khan how a once great sportsman carries himself and behaves in public.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.