Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Is India England's bogey team in limited overs?

Idk, seems like whenever England is on a roll in limited overs, an Indian team always puts them to sleep. WC 2011, CT 2013, and today.

Ofc India is carrying some ATG potential players with them like Kohli, KL Rahul, Bumra, but they won the first t20 with barely any effort.

I feel like a lot of teams get stage fright vs India these days as they are commercially dubbed as heroes of cricket and bring a massive and sometimes understandably passionate and sometimes hostile fans with them except for Australia and Pakistan obviously.

People say England will win the next WC, but I say India. They have experience lifting trophies and won't buckle under pressure yet England will.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier England teams were mental midgets.But this team is different.Their batting power is actually better than India.However, they are not that good against spin like many modern LOI batsmen and we have two bloody good spinners.
    But the biggest problem I see with them is their rubbish bowling.Any bowling lineup who allows the over-the-hill duo of Dhoni and Yuvi to smash 380 is defnitely dterimental to their own team.They need to get some good tall pace bowler to unsettle our batsmen.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India without doubt are the big boys of cricket today. They are the team to beat. There batting always seems to be solid specially with the likes of Rahul, Kohli and Sharma. With Gill, Shaw and Iyer coming through, its just gonna get better and better. The bowling has improved massively over the years with Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav and Kumar now being key figures of bowling department. There's also a good bunch of bowlers coming through the ranks as well. The issue with India is the same with Pakistan, they don't get rid of players not good enough anymore sooner. Dhoni, Raina and Vijay to me are done, its time inject some youth into the team, same potentially goes for Dhawan and Sharma who are getting on a bit. There replacements are more than good enough to take over and continue dominating world cricket.

Edit: The bowling has gone through massive overhaul but its time for some batting to also go through the overhaul as well.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In tests, it is the other way actually. India lost to England continuously in 2011, 2012 and 2014 series while meanwhile Pakistan won the 2012, 2015 and drew the 2016 series.

And because of this, England become the benchmark for Pakistani fans to make comparison between Indian and Pak test team until they lost to Windies at home.

So, it can be said, in the first half of this decade, England used to be India's bogey team in tests and India used to be England's bogey team in ODIs.

But in actual, Pakistan are the bogey team for England.

2012 :- 3-0
    2015:- 2-0
    2016:- 2-2
    2018:- 1-1( This by a very inexperienced Pak team who might struggle even in UAE)

And Pak also won CT 2017 semi final as well. England became a force in limited overs cricket after the 2015 WC defeat only.

We should have actually done better against England across all formats.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 4th July 2018 at 03:11.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have dominated England in ODI's since around 1999. The only time England surprised us was in 2011 when we toured there and they smashed us 4-0 i think.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This Indian team surely carries an aura. Half the team lose the match in their mind before they even step uo on the field. Pakistan remains the one team that shows fight.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    This Indian team surely carries an aura. Half the team lose the match in their mind before they even step uo on the field. Pakistan remains the one team that shows fight.
    How about Aussies? They win against India more often than not.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Depends on how the ODI's go .
    England's t20 side is very overrated .
    They lose quite often and the bowling is pretty weak .
    India are a gun side though by the looks of things

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they are not

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait till this series is over before making such statements. I expect England to bounce back.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India always seem to beat England when it matters in LO whilst England have caused India plenty of problems in tests.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    We have dominated England in ODI's since around 1999. The only time England surprised us was in 2011 when we toured there and they smashed us 4-0 i think.
    Thanks to a slew of favourable D/L scenarios.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Still. Fair play to them. That tour was a nightmare for us. Smashed 4 zip in tests and ODIs . Worst away tour for us ever.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Considering the batting lineup England were putting out back then rain shortened games were hardly particularly beneficial to them.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than Yadavs , Bhuvi and others got smashed. Umesh can get any side of line anytime. No bumra means death overs are gamble.
    I still have my reservation about calling india winner of LOIs. Tests might be different thing here.

But i agree with observation that Eng somehow bend down against india. Other than Aus with speed guns, i dont see any other team looks threating to india in LOI. Eng with this bowling is not even close. They should drop rasid or Ali and pick another new spinner. India always have mental issue with newbies.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yet again, England were on a roll in ODIs and India show them up like they haven't progressed since 2012...

How will England get this blue monkey off their back come the world cup?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    India is simply the best ODI team in the world right now.

Their batting is strong as ever, but the introduction of Yadav and Pandya have given them a new dimension.

They would maul any team right now.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India smashing England like we are back in the 2000s