Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 74 of 74
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,373
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Top-ranked Pakistan eight rating points ahead of second-placed India in T20I rankings [Update #67]

    Current ranking

    Name:  t20rank.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  55.5 KB

    If Australia win the T20 game on July 5th then...


    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 2216
Size:  32.7 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th July 2018 at 15:50.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    904
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would be Pakistans rating if they beat australia, now its showing 129, would it go up or stay the same

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    What would be Pakistans rating if they beat australia, now its showing 129, would it go up or stay the same
    131 if we win tomorrow, apparently. And Australia down to 124.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,554
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they won’t. We’ll be ready.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,610
    Mentioned
    1577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India has played substantially higher number of matches during the review period but we were being led to believe by Indian PP'ers that India does not even care about T20s


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,545
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    India has played substantially higher number of matches during the review period but we were being led to believe by Indian PP'ers that India does not even care about T20s
    Thanks to our neighbors SL and Ban

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,610
    Mentioned
    1577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Thanks to our neighbors SL and Ban
    Then why are Pak blamed for accumulating cheap rating points by beating easy opposition?


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,545
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Then why are Pak blamed for accumulating cheap rating points by beating easy opposition?
    Those who do that, do it just for the sake of it. If you win 5 matches against Minnows you won't get more than 2 pts. Hence it's not going to do u any good. Every team deserves where it is in the Rankings.

    Pakistan are #1 team. If anyone says that their own team is #1, then they should over take Pakistan
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 4th July 2018 at 17:36.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    365
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Those who do that, do it just for the sake of it. If you win 5 matches against Minnows you won't get more than 2 pts. Hence it's not going to do u any good. Every team deserves where it is in the Rankings.

    Pakistan are #1 team. If anyone says that their own team is #1, then they should over take Pakistan
    We have overachieved as a T20 team in the last 2 years. Babar and Malik have been carrying our whole batting lineup and now fakhar has taken over, but the others have been below par. In most cases our bowling has won us games form consistently restricting WI for 120-110 to easily defending 180 on the roads of Qadaffi Stadium, bowlers have been the rescuers for us. If a team is opting for Harris sohail as an opener in T20I side, then you can imagine the dearth of stroke players they are facing.

    PS: Asif Ali and Faheem are good hitters but need time to develop, and Tallat is not a hitter
    One thing that can help us though is our batting depth, if we find the right combination we would be tough to beat

    PS2: It doesn't matter to me how we perform in T20Is now, what matters is how well we do in WC 2020 in Aus. Don't think malik would get 15 out of a Cummins/Starc over there. Asif and Faheem might be effective .
    Last edited by Sean143; 4th July 2018 at 18:05.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Venue
    karachi
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if Pakistan win today match then we can say that Pakistan will win final if not then Pakistan can not win final and also Pakistan will loos ranking points because Pakistan is world no 1 team if they loos then points will be loos

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    234
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we worried?? I thought T20I Rankings don't matter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,038
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they don't. It would come in the way of our global cricket domination.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    10,883
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not today

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,993
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect Jinx thread. I like it. Make more like it please

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  ranks.jpg
Views: 1841
Size:  85.3 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    1,245
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Name:  ranks.jpg
Views: 1841
Size:  85.3 KB
    and if india win tom?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    and if india win tom?
    126.

    127 if they win the next one also.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,610
    Mentioned
    1577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan to Australia: Pohanch tou gaye ho leken abhi itna baray nahi howay



  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Humiliating words.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,387
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Humiliating words.
    Aus, and India not far from Pakistan. England NZ following up closely.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,437
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Humiliating words.
    Why humiliating?

    He called India and England the top 2 one day sides, which they are. And Pakistan the best T20I side, which they are.

    Who is being humiliated?

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Why humiliating?

    He called India and England the top 2 one day sides, which they are. And Pakistan the best T20I side, which they are.

    Who is being humiliated?
    You didn't read between the lines.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Why humiliating?

    He called India and England the top 2 one day sides, which they are. And Pakistan the best T20I side, which they are.

    Who is being humiliated?
    Let me clarify it for you. He punctured the container of the saffron kool aid which some brothers drink making them think that not Pakistan but their own team is the best in t20I.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Humiliating words.
    Now thats what you call a proper send off. :

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,437
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    You didn't read between the lines.
    Again, I am not sure whats wrong with that?

    Is it humiliating when Pakistan is playing, and someone says India is the no.1 Test side and Pakistan 7th?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    469
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Again, I am not sure whats wrong with that?

    Is it humiliating when Pakistan is playing, and someone says India is the no.1 Test side and Pakistan 7th?
    Precisely ,it's 129 and 125 so basically the gap is of 4 points.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Again, I am not sure whats wrong with that?

    Is it humiliating when Pakistan is playing, and someone says India is the no.1 Test side and Pakistan 7th?
    Bhai there is nothing wrong.

    That bit was for @Mamoon who I haven't seen in the past couple of days.

    After the initial loss to Australia, we were apparently badly humiliated and shown our rightful place as a mid-table team.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    469
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Bhai there is nothing wrong.

    That bit was for @Mamoon who I haven't seen in the past couple of days.

    After the initial loss to Australia, we were apparently badly humiliated and shown our rightful place as a mid-table team.
    But even if you are are addressing mamoon, how is it humiliating for India

  29. #29
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    904
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With India losing today too england...how many points will they be at

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    But even if you are are addressing mamoon, how is it humiliating for India
    It is not it was sarcasm.

    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    With India losing today too england...how many points will they be at
    The table is pretty tight, not sure of the exact margins. India would have gained a point if they won, might have gone below Australia now I think.

    If England were blanked 3-0 in this series, they would have dropped to 7th. That's how close the mid-table rankings are.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    10,883
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    But even if you are are addressing mamoon, how is it humiliating for India
    Who said anything about India?

    As @Abdullah719 explained,he meant that bit for @Mamoon,for whom apparently our team was poor and embarrassing until midway through the second T20I against Zimbabwe.Apparently we deserved the 'humiliation,' whatever that was supposed to be.

    Not a sign of him since.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,545
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our fans deserve this humiliation. We were in for this reality check.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    62
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats the problem with Ind/Pak fans when the team is winning they start behave like they are invincible but its always you win some you lose some.
    And media is equally horrible for both countries.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,373
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    So its clear that no amount of winning by Australia will dethrone Pakistan! Even an England or India win the current series wont matter.

    So for the moment - enjoy!



    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1457
Size:  52.6 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,845
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people on here can't understand sarcasm. Was so cringy reading some of the above posts, don't need to be a genius to understand what @Abdullah719 was getting at.

    On topic, I couldn't care less that we'll be number 1 even if we lose and that would be no consolation. Anything other than a victory tomorrow and I will be upset - hope our players don't think that there's nothing to play for due to the fact that number 1 ranking will still be with us regardless.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm hearing after some people feeling vindicated over Atherton's comment is:

    GOREI ABBU ATHERTON THANK YOU FOR CALLING US BRILLIANT!

    [trans: Oh White Papa Athers!]

    Don't get me wrong, Athers is my favourite ex-cricketer in the media. I just don't understand how excited some people are getting just because Michael Atherton or a white person said it.

    This mentality isn't new or specific to Pakistan but as a Pakistani I have more examples of it than of other places.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    What I'm hearing after some people feeling vindicated over Atherton's comment is:

    GOREI ABBU ATHERTON THANK YOU FOR CALLING US BRILLIANT!

    [trans: Oh White Papa Athers!]

    Don't get me wrong, Athers is my favourite ex-cricketer in the media. I just don't understand how excited some people are getting just because Michael Atherton or a white person said it.

    This mentality isn't new or specific to Pakistan but as a Pakistani I have more examples of it than of other places.
    It's not about Athers being white.

    It's about us being #1, which people from other cricketing nations also accept and acknowledge, yet we have a few fans who will still say that we are rubbish and that we should be mid-table etc. etc.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    What I'm hearing after some people feeling vindicated over Atherton's comment is:

    GOREI ABBU ATHERTON THANK YOU FOR CALLING US BRILLIANT!

    [trans: Oh White Papa Athers!]

    Don't get me wrong, Athers is my favourite ex-cricketer in the media. I just don't understand how excited some people are getting just because Michael Atherton or a white person said it.

    This mentality isn't new or specific to Pakistan but as a Pakistani I have more examples of it than of other places.
    Its all about a neutral person saying that Pakistan is the well deserved number 1 team. Had it been Michael holding, we would have said the same thing. Maybe you need to reconsider how judgmental you are and how early you jump to conclusions so that the next time you dont mouth off unnecessarily like that.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It's not about Athers being white.

    It's about us being #1, which people from other cricketing nations also accept and acknowledge, yet we have a few fans who will still say that we are rubbish and that we should be mid-table etc. etc.
    There is only one fan from Pakistan on PP who thinks we are rubbish and that person's views hold no weight after their umpteenth hiding.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    998
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Humiliating words.
    Can further humiliation be heaped after tomorrow's game?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It's not about Athers being white.

    It's about us being #1, which people from other cricketing nations also accept and acknowledge, yet we have a few fans who will still say that we are rubbish and that we should be mid-table etc. etc.
    Maybe Athers being white has nothing to do it with you.

    That still doesn't mean that too many people have long held such attitudes well before I was born and probably still will long after I'm gone.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Its all about a neutral person saying that Pakistan is the well deserved number 1 team. Had it been Michael holding, we would have said the same thing. Maybe you need to reconsider how judgmental you are and how early you jump to conclusions so that the next time you dont mouth off unnecessarily like that.
    Mouth off?

    And its judgmental to state how basic facts about a culture and joking about that being related to the excitement?

    Even if I wasn't joking, it's bizarre how comfortably you believe that people are necessarily exempt from common unconscious cultural mentalities.

    Maybe next time you want to teach people about how they should think, what you think they think, find someone to teach you what a joke is. Whether or not your feelings get hurt.
    Last edited by Lefthanded; 8th July 2018 at 06:04.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Uff, utter humiliation for us


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,670
    Mentioned
    1157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan keep top position with Tri-Series victory

    Pakistan’s victory over Australia in the final of the Zimbabwe T20I Tri-Series in Harare on Sunday has helped them maintain their position at the top of the MRF Tyres ICC T20I Team Rankings and given India a chance to finish in second place at the end of their ongoing series against England.

    Pakistan’s win has seen them gain one point and move up to 132 points while Australia have slipped to 122 points from the tally of 126 points before a preceding one-off T20I against England on 27 June.

    Australia are now one point behind India, who have remained on 123 points during this period, which included a 2-0 win over Ireland. A win later on Sunday in the decider of their three-match series against England in Bristol will see them finish on 124 points and keep the second spot.

    However, if India lose, they will finish on 122 points and behind Australia on decimal points. In such a scenario, England will close in on India to 121 points, meaning three teams will be within two points of each other.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,797
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ranked #1 just by fluking 9 series in a row, India are much better at bowling batting fielding and even taking reviews

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    904
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Ranked #1 just by fluking 9 series in a row, India are much better at bowling batting fielding and even taking reviews
    India team shouldn't even be ranked 2nd In t20 they can't bowl and kohli is a horrible captain. Pakistan is way better

  47. #47
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,845
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  new ranks.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  95.1 KB

  48. #48
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,350
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rank From - Rank To = Difference of Points

    1st - 2nd = 8 Points
    2nd - 3rd = 2 Points
    3rd - 4th = 5 Points
    4th - 5th = 1 Point
    5th - 6th = 2 Points

    Even though I believe T20 rankings are meaningless in the Top six nations of the T20 rankings, Pakistan's lead in points is the highest among all other countries.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T20 rankings mean nothing! anybody who has played or knows about cricket would know that. the format is too small to be predictable.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    514
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India have IPL and its now bigger then test cricket in India. Every Indian aspires to play IPL not represent India. And of course no Pakistani is allowed in IPL.

    So what better riposte- what better kick in the teeth - what better irony - then seeing your arch enemy at number in the format you think you own and have a divine right to reign over??? Hilarious!!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,378
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T20 ranking is utter joke. It's jumping and downing is huge.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,153
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    T20 ranking is utter joke. It's jumping and downing is huge.
    Jumping? What jumping? You lot have been stuck at #10 for as long as I can remember


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  53. #53
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    T20 ranking is utter joke. It's jumping and downing is huge.
    Jumping? Pakistan has been number 1 since forever. Top 5 is pretty much set. And you lot have been stuck at 10 losing to teams like Afghanistan.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,377
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit to Pakistan for consistently delivering good performance in T20s.

    However, they should set higher bar for themselves and try to maintain top 3 position in both ODIs and Tests. T20 formats is not that relevant enough.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,433
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Jumping? What jumping? You lot have been stuck at #10 for as long as I can remember
    It's for all teams. T20I rankings are extremely volatile.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Credit to Pakistan for consistently delivering good performance in T20s.

    However, they should set higher bar for themselves and try to maintain top 3 position in both ODIs and Tests. T20 formats is not that relevant enough.
    True. Already at 5th in ODIs, expect it to go in top 4.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    India have IPL and its now bigger then test cricket in India. Every Indian aspires to play IPL not represent India. And of course no Pakistani is allowed in IPL.

    So what better riposte- what better kick in the teeth - what better irony - then seeing your arch enemy at number in the format you think you own and have a divine right to reign over??? Hilarious!!
    LOL.Why so serious? Even BCCI doesn't take T20 Internationals seriously. Only recently we had sent teams specifically for T20 otherwise its just ODI team themselves playing T20s at the end of every series.And IPL is a revenue generating system for BCCI and it has helped in bettering the infrastructure, coaching standards and fitness culture.
    And Pakistanis not playing in IPL is completely political which I don't think BCCI can do anything at this point.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,836
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Credit to Pakistan for consistently delivering good performance in T20s.

    However, they should set higher bar for themselves and try to maintain top 3 position in both ODIs and Tests. T20 formats is not that relevant enough.
    Pakistan was at number 9 after the Bangladesh series in 2015. It will take time for this team to undo the damage Misbah-ul-haq and Azhar Ali did to the ODI team

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,153
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    It's for all teams. T20I rankings are extremely volatile.
    No. Bangladesh wouldn't have been stuck at #10 forever if they were that volatile.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    915
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    No. Bangladesh wouldn't have been stuck at #10 forever if they were that volatile.
    The ranking isnt just about BD. West Indies are two times World champions, Sri Lanka had most appearances in T20 final. However they are both now ranked lower in the order.

    Since its T20 ranking is less important here because anybody can win on a given day.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    The ranking isnt just about BD. West Indies are two times World champions, Sri Lanka had most appearances in T20 final. However they are both now ranked lower in the order.

    Since its T20 ranking is less important here because anybody can win on a given day.
    What are you on about? The WC was 2 years ago. Its been a long time. The current ODI World champions are ranked number 6, will you say the same about ODI rankings now? Its truly despicable how some fans refuse to accept facts.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    915
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    What are you on about? The WC was 2 years ago. Its been a long time. The current ODI World champions are ranked number 6, will you say the same about ODI rankings now? Its truly despicable how some fans refuse to accept facts.
    It's just T20 man, accept what facts. Not all fans are delusional. It is a known fact that WI is one of if not THE BEST Powerful T20 side. 2 years is not that long time ago, if the WC was held today they would still be one of the favorite to win.

    The current ODI champions are number 6, and your point? How does that relate to T20?

    The current ODI champion would still be favorite to win WC over PAK/NZ/SA any given day as they are going through transition.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,153
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    It's just T20 man, accept what facts. Not all fans are delusional. It is a known fact that WI is one of if not THE BEST Powerful T20 side. 2 years is not that long time ago, if the WC was held today they would still be one of the favorite to win.

    The current ODI champions are number 6, and your point? How does that relate to T20?

    The current ODI champion would still be favorite to win WC over PAK/NZ/SA any given day as they are going through transition.
    What?

    Did you just say that WI, who just lost to #10 ranked Bangladesh, would be one of the favourites to win the WT20 if it happened today? Give me a break.

    WI and SL are ranked low because they are playing garbage in the T20 format. They fully deserve this humiliation.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    It's just T20 man, accept what facts. Not all fans are delusional. It is a known fact that WI is one of if not THE BEST Powerful T20 side. 2 years is not that long time ago, if the WC was held today they would still be one of the favorite to win.

    The current ODI champions are number 6, and your point? How does that relate to T20?

    The current ODI champion would still be favorite to win WC over PAK/NZ/SA any given day as they are going through transition.
    The only one delusional here is YOU my friend. The fact that you are saying that Windies are the best t20I team when they have been getting destroyed since 2016 every time. Heck, your hapless team even beat them just recently.

    You said t20I rankings dont mean much because t20I champions are ranked low, i asked you if you will apply the same logic for ODIs where ODI World champions are ranked 6. Please try to follow your own line of argument so that i dont have to break it down for you, its annoying.

    Theres no cure to delusion and the one on the India's east is too strong.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    915
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The only one delusional here is YOU my friend. The fact that you are saying that Windies are the best t20I team when they have been getting destroyed since 2016 every time. Heck, your hapless team even beat them just recently.

    You said t20I rankings dont mean much because t20I champions are ranked low, i asked you if you will apply the same logic for ODIs where ODI World champions are ranked 6. Please try to follow your own line of argument so that i dont have to break it down for you, its annoying.

    Theres no cure to delusion and the one on the India's east is too strong.
    WI won World T20 TWICE, name me one other country who has done that?

    I did not say, T20 ranking are meaningless, show me where I said that. I said since its T20 rankings play less part. Yes, even our hapless team managed to get into Asia cup final on T20 even though it is ranked extremely low.

    The ODI champions are ranked low now, but they are still more favorite to win the world cup over PAK/NZ/SA any given day of the week. They will also climb back up in ranking once all their top players returns.

    Only one who is delusional is you. Once again, before you start to talk, name me just ONE country who has won more World T20 than WI.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,624
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    WI won World T20 TWICE, name me one other country who has done that?

    I did not say, T20 ranking are meaningless, show me where I said that. I said since its T20 rankings play less part. Yes, even our hapless team managed to get into Asia cup final on T20 even though it is ranked extremely low.

    The ODI champions are ranked low now, but they are still more favorite to win the world cup over PAK/NZ/SA any given day of the week. They will also climb back up in ranking once all their top players returns.

    Only one who is delusional is you. Once again, before you start to talk, name me just ONE country who has won more World T20 than WI.
    Who cares if West Indies won t20 twice? That does not mean ZILCH. Are you one of those bangladeshi fans who are stuck permanently in the year 2015 where your team managed to win couple of series?

    Because i am sorry to break it to you, but cricketing world has vastly changed since then. Pakistani team, English team have changed from what they were in 2016 especially the LOI teams. ABD has retired. Australian cricketers got banned. 2 years, whole world has changed.

    If you cannot catch up with the new developments and want to remain stuck in past and stay delusional. Be my guest.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    10,883
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,610
    Mentioned
    1577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    This image is cause for heartburn for many "Pakistanis"


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,437
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This image is cause for heartburn for many "Pakistanis"
    Such humiliation that we have run with our tails between our legs. We are finished

    @ahmedwaqas92

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T20 rankings mean nothing where most teams rest their main players except ICC tourney

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,992
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    T20 rankings mean nothing where most teams rest their main players except ICC tourney
    Yes.

    India along with the other big boys indeed do not take these T20 series with great attention.

    Which he is why the likes of Kohli, Pandya, Rahul, Sharma, Dhawan, Butler, Wiley, Hales, Root, Morgan, Ali, Plunkett, etc, played in the recent T20 series which India won 2-1.

    Please find another excuse.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    529
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Yes.

    India along with the other big boys indeed do not take these T20 series with great attention.

    Which he is why the likes of Kohli, Pandya, Rahul, Sharma, Dhawan, Butler, Wiley, Hales, Root, Morgan, Ali, Plunkett, etc, played in the recent T20 series which India won 2-1.

    Please find another excuse.
    That was only because it was a tour consisting of ODIs and Tests as well. Sending a seperate team for 3 T20s only and then flying main team out for rest of the tour would have been costly. If it was a T20 exclusive series, no doubt main players would have rested...like in Nidahas Trophy.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,992
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    That was only because it was a tour consisting of ODIs and Tests as well. Sending a seperate team for 3 T20s only and then flying main team out for rest of the tour would have been costly. If it was a T20 exclusive series, no doubt main players would have rested...like in Nidahas Trophy.
    Most T20’s are at the beginning or end of the tour.

    Therefore, they are a great indication of the strengths of the squad they include.

    The mantra that “teams rest their best players during T20’s” is laughable considering the fact that they are T20 specialists and a World Cup to the format. “Glorified warm-ups” would not include separate ruling and rankings.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,103
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i heard tat t20 rankings dont matter as they always change but here Pakistan is no 1 for a good six plus months now.. hmmm!!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •