Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neymar vs Harry Kane

I'm actually shocked and giggled as I've never come across anyone who thinks Harry Kane is better than Neymar.

"you to think Neymar and Suarez are better than Kane - when you start to watch more football properly you would relise whos better"

Does anyone else actually believe Kane is better than Neymar?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after making a laught of yourself in the other thread you want to open another.

So you think a player who spends 45 minutes rolling around on the floor is better than Kane?

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw, have you learned the difference between a striker and winger or do you still think there the same

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post

So after making a laught of yourself in the other thread you want to open another.

So you think a player who spends 45 minutes rolling around on the floor is better than Kane?
    So because Neymar does some playacting , this makes Kane a better player.

Let others have their say. I've never heard anyone ever suggest this.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some? NO abit too much. Its the only thing he does better than Kane at.

At the WC, Kane has more goals, 6 from an incredible 8 shots, whereas Neymar has 2 from 17 shots which is laughable, giving kane the highest goal conversion rate and NEymar the lowest in the whole tournament

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some? NO abit too much. Its the only thing he does better than Kane at.

At the WC, Kane has more goals, 6 from an incredible 8 shots, whereas Neymar has 2 from 17 shots which is laughable, giving kane the highest goal conversion rate and NEymar the lowest in the whole tournament
    Kane has more goals in the World Cup so is better.

Gary Liniker was better than Maradonna in 86 according to your logic.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    other than ranting you have not given a single reason why NEymar is better? what exactly is he better at?

KAne doesnt just have more goals in the WCs, even the in the last season

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very different players and both good ones.

Personally however this is an easy one for me. Neymar plays the game of football in an extremely unsporting manner - I have been watching football for nigh on 25 years, and he is unfortunately the worst I’ve seen - so I would never want him playing for a team that I supported. Every player takes the occasional liberty, but Neymar truly takes the cake - and every other cake that there is.

Therefore I would pick Kane by default.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    other than ranting you have not given a single reason why NEymar is better? what exactly is he better at?

KAne doesnt just have more goals in the WCs, even the in the last season
    I can you give you many but here's one Neymar is simply better with the ball at his feet.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Very different players and both good ones.

Personally however this is an easy one for me. Neymar plays the game of football in an extremely unsporting manner - I have been watching football for nigh on 25 years, and he is unfortunately the worst I’ve seen - so I would never want him playing for a team that I supported. Every player takes the occasional liberty, but Neymar truly takes the cake - and every other cake that there is.

Therefore I would pick Kane by default.
    He was stamped on in the last game and is regularly deliberately fouled in pretty much every game he plays. Mabye he playacts at times but at times is actually in real pain.

But this isn't a good reason to take Kane over one of the most gifted footballers of all time but you're entitled to this strange view.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He was stamped on in the last game and is regularly deliberately fouled in pretty much every game he plays. Mabye he playacts at times but at times is actually in real pain.

But this isn't a good reason to take Kane over one of the most gifted footballers of all time but you're entitled to this strange view.

wow, each post gets better.

waped views, strange views what you going to call someone next

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can you give you many but here's one Neymar is simply better with the ball at his feet.

Neymar is better with the ball at his feet? but he missed 15 shots this WC and could only score tap ins. Has the poorest shot to goal conversion rate.

stats suggest Neymar is useless with the ball at his feet.

But everyone can expect you to have these opinions 'stranged and warped'

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neymar is better with the ball at his feet? but he missed 15 shots this WC and could only score tap ins. Has the poorest shot to goal conversion rate.

stats suggest Neymar is useless with the ball at his feet.

But everyone can expect you to have these opinions 'stranged and warped'
    You're now saying Kane is better with the ball at his feet?

Keep em coming please dont stop.

What else makes Kane better?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're now saying Kane is better with the ball at his feet?

Keep em coming please dont stop.

What else makes Kane better?
    well atleast you can read English propley, i though i would have to explain those words too.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Neymar is better than Kane at? and how?

I think we have unearthed a rare gem on this forum,

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well atleast you can read English propley, i though i would have to explain those words too.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what Neymar is better than Kane at? and how?

I think we have unearthed a rare gem on this forum,
    I've given you one reason and you feel no Kane is better with the ball at his feet. How many times have you seen Kane dribble past player with ease as Neymar does?

Ok ill give you another one as Im starting to feel sorry for you now. All I see is laughing emojis because we both know you're embarrased now but lets continue.

Neymar is a better passer of the ball.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given you one reason and you feel no Kane is better with the ball at his feet. How many times have you seen Kane dribble past player with ease as Neymar does?

Ok ill give you another one as Im starting to feel sorry for you now. All I see is laughing emojis because we both know you're embarrased now but lets continue.

Neymar is a better passer of the ball.
    Laughting emojis are for what they are, provide ridiculus statements and everyone will laught, which is making you embarrased in two threads right now and i'm not the only one saying it.

you are just providing rants, can you back up your statements with stats like i have otherwise its just a rant that means nothing.

and doing step overs and tricks does not make one better with the ball at his feet, so dont tell me this when proving neymar is better.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Laughting emojis are for what they are, provide ridiculus statements and everyone will laught, which is making you embarrased in two threads right now and i'm not the only one saying it.

you are just providing rants, can you back up your statements with stats like i have otherwise its just a rant that means nothing.

and doing step overs and tricks does not make one better with the ball at his feet, so dont tell me this when proving neymar is better.
    Step overs lol

Do you know what dribbling past players is?

I repeat Neymar is a better passer of the ball, do you disagree, if so why? I have more reasons once we have discussed this one.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everytime i have claimed something, i backed it with facts and stats, so if your just going to rant then im not bothered. Provide the stats or just keep ranting and embarrasing yourself.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    everytime i have claimed something, i backed it with facts and stats, so if your just going to rant then im not bothered. Provide the stats or just keep ranting and embarrasing yourself.
    Sure lol.

You're running away from the debate.

Ok ill give you another one. Neymar is better at taking free kicks, whether it's crossing from near the sidelines or direct in front of goal to score.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    again rants, still you have not backed a single attribute he is better at.

Then you talk about running away after throwing rants

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    again rants, still you have not backed a single attribute he is better at.

Then you talk about running away after throwing rants
    So Kane is a better at free kicks, yes or no?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said he is a better passer but now your skipping it to something else because i asked for facts and stats

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He is an atrocious play actor and a nasty piece of work, I would be embarrassed to have him represent my team at either club or international level. We all have different priorities - for me, any supposed merits or gifts that he brings to a team are irrelevant next to his total absence of class.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you said he is a better passer but now your skipping it to something else because i asked for facts and stats
    He is a better passer but you went looking for your emoji instead of debating the issue, so I've given you another to think about but still only an emoji and no mature response.

Ok here's another one, try this.

Neymar is a better shooter than Kane? Now you cannot run away from this one as you should have something to debate with. See how nice I am?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is an atrocious play actor and a nasty piece of work, I would be embarrassed to have him represent my team at either club or international level. We all have different priorities - for me, any supposed merits or gifts that he brings to a team are irrelevant next to his total absence of class.
    Fair enough James and I understand your reasoning. Personally I'd go with the better footballer as they are more likely to win you matches than someone with a good honest personality.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fair enough James and I understand your reasoning. Personally I'd go with the better footballer as they are more likely to win you matches than someone with a good honest personality.
    In this instance it is not like we are substituting Neymar with a numpty. Kane is a quality centre forward - he is strong in the air, very clever when it comes to absorbing attention and drawing fouls, and is a top-class finisher from inside the box.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Neymar is the better player.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a better passer but you went looking for your emoji instead of debating the issue, so I've given you another to think about but still only an emoji and no mature response.

Ok here's another one, try this.

Neymar is a better shooter than Kane? Now you cannot run away from this one as you should have something to debate with. See how nice I am?
    All you keep coming up with is he is better at this and better at that, this is how one would debate in 5th grade, can you provide any stats at all, even a single one?or do you juat provide rants one after another?

you think hes a better passer but had to change the debate when i asked for stats, then did the same about free kicks and now shooting, when i have even provided those at the begining which embarrass naymars shooting abilities.

This would be good for you because when you grow up and have to write papers in college you will need to back up your statements with facts, so actully im doing you a favor, a real big one.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In this instance it is not like we are substituting Neymar with a numpty. Kane is a quality centre forward - he is strong in the air, very clever when it comes to absorbing attention and drawing fouls, and is a top-class finisher from inside the box.
    Totally agree with what you have written on Kane.

But Neymar can unlock a quality defence in an instant , a rare talent which many footballers dont have. This is why Neymar has scored 57 goals in 87 appearances for Brazil and I wont even mention the number assists he has .

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All you keep coming up with is he is better at this and better at that, this is how one would debate in 5th grade, can you provide any stats at all, even a single one?or do you juat provide rants one after another?

you think hes a better passer but had to change the debate when i asked for stats, then did the same about free kicks and now shooting, when i have even provided those at the begining which embarrass naymars shooting abilities.

This would be good for you because when you grow up and have to write papers in college you will need to back up your statements with facts, so actully im doing you a favor, a real big one.
    All you do is write lame insults behind your keyboard without using your brain to actually debate a skill in detail. Im bored of you now.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Neymar can unlock a quality defence in an instant , a rare talent which many footballers dont have. This is why Neymar has scored 57 goals in 87 appearances for Brazil and I wont even mention the number assists he has .

so you learned and took a lesson from my post, now say thanks. lol

now can you do the same for the rest of your rants

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you do is write lame insults behind your keyboard without using your brain to actually debate a skill in detail. Im bored of you now.
    you start with the insults then get bored,

i asked numerous times can you back up any of your statments with facts otherwise they are just rants, yet you gave one rant after the other. With ofcourse no explantion just ranting then you talk about a brain yet you do this in every football thread with everyone you debate with, what makes it worse is you start the insult and then complain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Neymar technically is on a different level, he can do so much more with the ball creatively as well as finish. But as an out and out striker, Kane is right up there. He won't waste time holding the ball so as a team player that can be more appreciated by his colleagues. Also temperamentally he is rock solid, I always feel if he gets a chance in a crunch situation he will come up with the goods. But for the full package, I still think Neymar has that extra bit of flair which makes a player special, so for me it is Neymar.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why compare people who play in different positions? It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A fantastic record indeed and I respect your view.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane is a number 9
    Neymar is not

Toally different players.
    And Kane has had 3 pens a rebound and a deflection. ( He has played well though)

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can the OP tell me what position they play in? And if they swapped positions, would they be as lethal? The answer is one is a winger and the other is a #9. And they wouldn't be as lethal if Kane played out wide and Neymar through the middle.

What next? Comparing Ferdinand to Evra?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC Forget their positions, a direct comparison has been made so I will ask you why does Neymar have fewer goals then Harry Kane in the ultimate spectacle / global tournament; a World Cup where every game involves a high pressure scenario with many unfancied teams causing upsets / scares ? this is also despite his superior skills and being in a Brazilian team which is on another level when it comes to ability. Surely he'd have more then 2 goals.

Basically, what you've proved is that you can have all the talent in the world but if you're a mental midget then no one cares Neymar Am sure you must get the Kleenex out every time you see him on the pitch purely because he is the golden boy of the men in yellow, but he is no R9 and is one despicable cheat just like all those Coskumbian cheats you keep on defending for their haram behaviour against England via MMA moves, you enjoyed the same tactics used by the Tunisians to; we are both fight fans but come on, this is football.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well said mate and considering those pens were some of the hardest ive seen considering the amount of pressure Kane was put in due to the behaviour of the opposition, and yes he did have a deflection and a rebound but we are comparing him to Neymar here whos only goals in this WC have come through tap ins into an open goal, everytime he has found the ball in the box and been one-on-one with the keeper he has missed, so why complain????

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Can the OP tell me what position they play in? And if they swapped positions, would they be as lethal? The answer is one is a winger and the other is a #9. And they wouldn't be as lethal if Kane played out wide and Neymar through the middle.

According to him wingers and strikers are the same thing, so dont be suprised if he compares Marcelo to Kompany after todays match and complains that Kompany didnt get forward so is rubbish, if you follow Kingkhanwc in other football threads, youll probably be use to it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both play at different positions so its hard to compare them. That being said, Neymar is the most skillful player nowadays and can effortlessly dodge defenders, has a powerful shoot and is better at passing/crossing.

A defender will find it easy to defend against Kane as compared to Neymar. Kane is good but is overhyped because he plays in Premier League. I have heard people saying that he is better than Ronaldo and Messi. He is currently at the level of Aguero, Lewandowski etc.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Also need to consider that Kane is more suited to English premier league which is played at high tempo where you get more chances created, whereas Neymar would be much more valuable in Spain or Italy. Even the world cup doesn't necessarily give you a true story because Neymar has so far been up against stronger defences in my opinion. England's group was quite easy, and their route to the final looks easier as well.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a simple comparison of who is the better footballer, not who is better is position x.

Anyone who actually believes Kane is better than Neymar is either foolishly patriotic or has no clue on football, in my opinion.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @KingKhanWC Forget their positions, a direct comparison has been made so I will ask you why does Neymar have fewer goals then Harry Kane in the ultimate spectacle / global tournament; a World Cup where every game involves a high pressure scenario with many unfancied teams causing upsets / scares ? this is also despite his superior skills and being in a Brazilian team which is on another level when it comes to ability. Surely he'd have more then 2 goals.

Basically, what you've proved is that you can have all the talent in the world but if you're a mental midget then no one cares Neymar Am sure you must get the Kleenex out every time you see him on the pitch purely because he is the golden boy of the men in yellow, but he is no R9 and is one despicable cheat just like all those Coskumbian cheats you keep on defending for their haram behaviour against England via MMA moves, you enjoyed the same tactics used by the Tunisians to; we are both fight fans but come on, this is football.
    Kane scored a hatrick, with one goal coming off his shin against minnows. Neymar has a better international record than Kane. You really beleive Kane is the better footballer? lol

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a simple comparison of who is the better footballer, not who is better is position x.

Anyone who actually believes Kane is better than Neymar is either foolishly patriotic or has no clue on football, in my opinion.
    And anyone who compares a winger to a striker is foolishly delusional or has no clue on football, in my opinion

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And anyone who compares a winger to a striker is foolishly delusional or has no clue on football, in my opinion
    Are you not able to read? It's a simple comparsion of who is the better player. If you dont want to compare them as footballers because they play in different roles, your choice

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Kane scored a hatrick, with one goal coming off his shin against minnows. Neymar has a better international record than Kane. You really beleive Kane is the better footballer? lol
    I haven't said one is better then the other but Kane has performed in this world cup whilst carrying a very average side in your own words so you can't berate his goals, if that goal came of his shin then so be it, but did my dad magically position him close to the box? Just saw a stat, Neymar has 2 goals from 23 shots in this World Cup despite playing in a legendary brazilian team compared to England. In contrast Kane has 6 goals for 6 shots, some may not be in open play but he doesn't exactly have the support Neymar has and maxmises his strengths via a superior footballing IQ which helps when the natural abillity is not there and mental fortitude can also help.

There are people out there with rare and exceptional talents but it means little when they keep choking or don't work hard enough besides selling injuries better then Shawn Michaels during his prime.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I haven't said one is better then the other but Kane has performed in this world cup whilst carrying a very average side in your own words so you can't berate his goals, if that goal came of his shin then so be it, but did my dad magically position him close to the box? Just saw a stat, Neymar has 2 goals from 23 shots in this World Cup despite playing in a legendary brazilian team compared to England. In contrast Kane has 6 goals for 6 shots, some may not be in open play but he doesn't exactly have the support Neymar has and maxmises his strengths via a superior footballing IQ which helps when the natural abillity is not there and mental fortitude can also help.

There are people out there with rare and exceptional talents but it means little when they keep choking or don't work hard enough besides selling injuries better then Shawn Michaels during his prime.
    The World Cup is not over. Brazil are behind but there is still more chance of Brazil winning it than England.

You also believe Neymar is the better player so there is no argument, enjoy the game bro.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The World Cup is not over. Brazil are behind but there is still more chance of Brazil winning it than England.

You also believe Neymar is the better player so there is no argument, enjoy the game bro.
    Don't throw words in my mouth bro I aint said he better. You're ignoring my POV's repeatedly no use discussing further and winning a WC is no easy task, but England's youngster beauties have had a terrific tournament regardless within the confines of their abilities and inexperience levels we have a lot of positives to take away in prep for Qatar, but yeah Brazil have more of a chance, just need Neymar to stop being a little girl and take the millions of chances provided to him by his team mates.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 6th July 2018 at 19:27.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This referee has managed Neymar very well so far, keeping him on his feet as much as he can and getting him to actually play some football. Minimal shrieking and no rolling around on the floor.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    This referee has managed Neymar very well so far, keeping him on his feet as much as he can and getting him to actually play some football. Minimal shrieking and no rolling around on the floor.
    He tried not to be obvious with the rolling this time and sold more like a Goldberg then Shawn Michaels but just couldn't help himself when it came to the leaping frog splash, would have been hilarious if he knocked himself out by running into the post. For all his supernatural abilities and excellent team strength which provide him increasing support he ends his tournament with just 2 goals from 100000 shots, he deserves a special medal for turning himself into a meme though; beyond that, an absolute disgrace and insult to football. Greats from his homeland never had to beg the ref like he does on the pitch, he's good but no where near as good as his cheer leaders make out.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th July 2018 at 20:38.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there you have it neymar the actor completly bottling it every time it matters, people think he is actully better than kane who wins games for his team when it matters.

But neymar better than Kane maybe in acting.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I stopped taking PetroDollars seriously when he claimed that Depay is as good as Sanchez and far better than Sterling. He clearly didn’t think that Sanchez would end up at Man United.

Kane is fantastic, but Neymar is comfortably better. The former will win the Golden Boot, but is has been the worst Golden Boot performance that I can recall in a World Cup, built on penalties and a deflected goal.

Neymar is arguably the third best player in the world, and Kane is not close to that level yet. I am not a fan of his antics and Kane is obviously a much better character, but when it comes to their footballing qualities, this comparison is as big a joke as Depay vs Sanchez.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

A better player is a better player. If you are comparing two players in different positions, which ideally you shouldn’t, the player who is better in his position is considered the better player.

Ronaldo is better than Pogba. He is the best in the world in his position while Pogba is not. Similarly, you can compare any players based on what they bring to their position. That is why Messi and Ronaldo are considered the top two players and not the top two attackers, and that is because they bring more to their position and roles than any other players in their respective positions.

Apart from perhaps finishing and heading, Neymar blows Kane out of the water. He is a far better dribbler, he is much faster, has better ball control, more creative and better at set-pieces as well. Kane is brilliant at penalties, but not close to Neymar in free-kicks.

No team in the world would have Kane over Neymar. Not even England who are fluking the tournament on his penalties.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I stopped taking PetroDollars seriously when he claimed that Depay is as good as Sanchez and far better than Sterling. He clearly didnÂ’t think that Sanchez would end up at Man United.

Kane is fantastic, but Neymar is comfortably better. The former will win the Golden Boot, but is has been the worst Golden Boot performance that I can recall in a World Cup, built on penalties and a deflected goal.

Neymar is arguably the third best player in the world, and Kane is not close to that level yet. I am not a fan of his antics and Kane is obviously a much better character, but when it comes to their footballing qualities, this comparison is as big a joke as Depay vs Sanchez.
    Not arguably, he is actually the 3rd best - this is from a hardcore Liverpool fan for whom last 2 top players had been Suárez & Mo Salah. Technically, Neymar is as good as anyone there and he can play at multiple positions. At Barca they used him at wings because of Suárez, but at PSG, he is playing as CF. And his goal scoring record from wings is only 2nd to one (2 actually this season, Mo also played at wings under Klopp). I feel he has regressed lot at PSG; he was outstanding at Barca but decided to get out of Messi's shadow (& for $1mn/week). Also, he is coming from 3/4 months injury just before WC.

I didnÂ’t like TiteÂ’s formation either which put Neymar at wings and Jesus at CF. This one I wrote in best managerÂ’s thread - 4231 is not a Brazilian formation, & I hate Brazil teams playing with dedicated DMs - they are too skilled for that, neither they have a Kante. Eventually it cost Brazil a WC despite being arguably best squad, at least one of 2 best squads. They could have won this WC with classic 433 with Costa & Jesus at wings or 442 having Willan & Costa at wide, Coutinho & Paulinho/Casimero at centre and Neymar + Jesus/Firmino as parallel forward like Romario/Bebeto or 4411 like Fat Ro & Ronaldinho. For that 4231, Costa hardly got game time & Jesus as solo striker ended WC without any goal (& crashed my fantasy team😩).

Neymar is a narcissist, and a sick play actor - rightly he is criticized for that, but he is a wonderful player with a better finishing skills than most in history - 57 goals in 87 games, mostly played in South American circuit is wonderful return. HeÂ’ll have one more WC to fix, other wise heÂ’ll end like Zico, the white Pele of his time, who is lost in the oblivion of soccer history for that one miss - failing to win a WC for arguably the best 2 squads not to win a WC; 3 actually, 1978 Brazil was as good as any team that time.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    By the way, no one is talking about the guy who will win the Golden Ball if Belgium wins it or make the Final - Edin Hazzard!!!! Probably the best #10 in this WC.
    Last edited by MMHS; 7th July 2018 at 11:52.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A better player is a better player. If you are comparing two players in different positions, which ideally you shouldn’t, the player who is better in his position is considered the better player.

Ronaldo is better than Pogba. He is the best in the world in his position while Pogba is not. Similarly, you can compare any players based on what they bring to their position. That is why Messi and Ronaldo are considered the top two players and not the top two attackers, and that is because they bring more to their position and roles than any other players in their respective positions.

Apart from perhaps finishing and heading, Neymar blows Kane out of the water. He is a far better dribbler, he is much faster, has better ball control, more creative and better at set-pieces as well. Kane is brilliant at penalties, but not close to Neymar in free-kicks.

No team in the world would have Kane over Neymar. Not even England who are fluking the tournament on his penalties.
    Don't give me that rubbish of comparing the better player. Yes Neymar is better in the aspects you said but it also matters about what value they bring to the team. Kane's value is close to infinity for England and Spurs as there's no-one that can replace him, while Neymar hasn't done much this WC, except get cosy with the floor. An Mbappe vs Neymar debate would be a better one than Kane vs Neymar.

I'm not gonna be comparing two different players. Pogba to Ronaldo - again what's the point? One is a CM and the other is now a ST. What joy is there comparing two COMPLETELY different players who have two completely different roles in the team? Is Ronaldo a better defender, playmaker, ball distributor? Of course he isn't, because he is not a MIDFIELDER. So why are you even comparing two different players in the first place when they both have different roles and qualities?

Compare Kane to Cavani, Lewandowski, Lukaku, Ronaldo (in some respect).
    Compare Neymar to Hazard, Messi (in some respect), Salah, Sanchez.

If you're comparing the VALUE of Neymar to Kane, then that's another thing. But don't even try to compare a winger to striker it makes zero fricking sense.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Don't give me that rubbish of comparing the better player. Yes Neymar is better in the aspects you said but it also matters about what value they bring to the team. Kane's value is close to infinity for England and Spurs as there's no-one that can replace him, while Neymar hasn't done much this WC, except get cosy with the floor. An Mbappe vs Neymar debate would be a better one than Kane vs Neymar.

I'm not gonna be comparing two different players. Pogba to Ronaldo - again what's the point? One is a CM and the other is now a ST. What joy is there comparing two COMPLETELY different players who have two completely different roles in the team? Is Ronaldo a better defender, playmaker, ball distributor? Of course he isn't, because he is not a MIDFIELDER. So why are you even comparing two different players in the first place when they both have different roles and qualities?

If you're comparing the VALUE of Neymar to Kane, then that's another thing. But don't even try to compare a winger to striker it makes zero fricking sense.
    Have to agree with this - Kane is a traditional number 9 who should be compared to other #9s not someone like Neymar.

Neymar let himself down with his antics in this tournament. Sooner than later referees won't give you the benefit of the doubt even if you're in the right.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Have to agree with this - Kane is a traditional number 9 who should be compared to other #9s not someone like Neymar.

Neymar let himself down with his antics in this tournament. Sooner than later referees won't give you the benefit of the doubt even if you're in the right.
    It's the South American culture of getting the most out of any situation. That's why they play dirty and will resort to diving since it means winning for them. It's not "clean" but any means but if it gets them the decision and ultimately the result, that's all they care about.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped taking PetroDollars seriously when he claimed that Depay is as good as Sanchez and far better than Sterling. He clearly didn’t think that Sanchez would end up at Man United.

Dont put words in my mouth son, i never said Depay is as good as Sanchez i only once mentioned he has the potential to be a player like Sanchez, which he did but discipline cost him, and your posts on football are no better than how Depay played football anyway.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar despite his antics is much more skilful. Kane a good finisher who can create space for his colleagues but not even near Neymar when it comes to individual skill. If I am the manager Neymar would always be my choice.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Not sure why you have foam coming out of your mouth. We are having a civil discussion here, but you seem to be shouting from your computer screen.

If you have some underlying issues, don’t bring your baggage here. There is no point in being overly aggressive and uncouth. You need to learn to talk to people.

Now that you have been educated, let me address your points.

Kane’s penalties and deflected goals off his heel might be crucial for an average team like England, and his goals might be invaluable for a poor team like Spurs that is only good for applying pressure but doesn’t have the balls to win a trophy, and would even somehow find a way to not win a trophy even if they are the only team in the competition, but all of this relative without context.

Kane is a great player who is playing for two mediocre teams. Obviously, his value is going to be close to infinity. You put Neymar in a mediocre team and his value is going to be greater than Kane’s because he is a much better player.

As far as the comparison is concerned, in your anger, you missed the part where I explicitly stated that players from different positions should ideally not be compared. However, if a comparison is established anyway, it is not a cardinal sin.

As I said earlier, there is a reason why Messi and Ronaldo are considered the two best ‘players’ in the world rather than the two best players ‘in their respective positions’. That is because they bring more to their positions/roles than any other player.

Kane is a world class player, but Neymar is a phenomenon who is destined to win multiple Ballon d’Ors and could potentially end up as one of the top five Brazilian players of all time, which means something.

No team in the world - apart from maybe England and Spurs - is going to prefer Kane to Neymar. He is simply a better all-round player.

However, English fans are in a class of their own when it comes to overhyping their players. For them, Kane is now the best number nine in the world after his penalties masterclass at the World Cup.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you have foam coming out of your mouth. We are having a civil discussion here, but you seem to be shouting from your computer screen.

If you have some underlying issues, don’t bring your baggage here. There is no point in being overly aggressive and uncouth. You need to learn to talk to people.

Now that you have been educated, let me address your points.

Kane’s penalties and deflected goals off his heel might be crucial for an average team like England, and his goals might be invaluable for a poor team like Spurs that is only good for applying pressure but doesn’t have the balls to win a trophy, and would even somehow find a way to not win a trophy even if they are the only team in the competition, but all of this relative without context.

Kane is a great player who is playing for two mediocre teams. Obviously, his value is going to be close to infinity. You put Neymar in a mediocre team and his value is going to be greater than Kane’s because he is a much better player.

As far as the comparison is concerned, in your anger, you missed the part where I explicitly stated that players from different positions should ideally not be compared. However, if a comparison is established anyway, it is not a cardinal sin.

As I said earlier, there is a reason why Messi and Ronaldo are considered the two best ‘players’ in the world rather than the two best players ‘in their respective positions’. That is because they bring more to their positions/roles than any other player.

Kane is a world class player, but Neymar is a phenomenon who is destined to win multiple Ballon d’Ors and could potentially end up as one of the top five Brazilian players of all time, which means something.

No team in the world - apart from maybe England and Spurs - is going to prefer Kane to Neymar. He is simply a better all-round player.

However, English fans are in a class of their own when it comes to overhyping their players. For them, Kane is now the best number nine in the world after his penalties masterclass at the World Cup.
    Oh I wasn't being civil? I should've added more profanities and added more personal slurs. As well as turning on caps lock to show my screams at the screen. Oops.

It must be hard for you to talk to people if you can't handle a bit of passion. So don't say that I have been ill-mannered when I haven't, I'm expressing my opinion at such a bizarre comparison. Sorry that you compared Pogba and Ronaldo without any rhyme or reason as they're completely different players, and sorry that comparing Kane and Neymar again, makes zero sense.

As far as comparing Neymar and Kane, as I've stated but you have been too busy misunderstanding my passion for anger, I agree with you. But, no. Neymar is not a "phenomenon" anymore. He's 26. The only way he'll win Ballon D'Ors is when Ronaldo and Messi retire which says a lot about how Ronaldo and Messi are ATGs, but also at how Neymar is no way near gonna end up at being a top 5 Brazilian of all time since by 26 he's not even won a single Ballon D'Or or has been hauled in the same category as Ronaldo, Ronaldiniho, Romario, Garrincha, Pele.

You're probably talking to the same English fans who would buy Henderson for Ł50m.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar destined to win multiple Ballon d’Ors now ive heard it all.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar destined to win multiple Ballon d’Ors now ive heard it all.
    Mbappe is a phenomenon. Guy has it all. Not Neymar. Not even close.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar's reported treatment of Kylian Mbappe doesn't reflect well on the Brazilian

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/neymar-k...rld-cup-188844

How nice of Neymar. So glad Brazil got knocked out. If only it was at the hands of France instead though.

Phenomenons don't act like spoiled brats, or entitled snobs. Dirty player on and off the pitch.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mbappe is a phenomenon. Guy has it all. Not Neymar. Not even close.
    true, i can agree with mbappe winning a few ballon d'ors but neymar wont even win one, he has more chances of winning an oscur for his performances in this WC then ever winning a ballon d'or

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kane had the chances to win it for England but blew it. Has been poor in the QF and SF, not every team is Panama lad.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will probably still win the top scorer award.

Top diver award for Neymar.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kane had the best chance of the match and he floundered it.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will probably still win the top scorer award.

Top diver award for Neymar.
    If he does, will be the worst golden boot in World Cups. Scored against minnows but failed against proper teams.

Neymar actually played better than him overall.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Harry Kane went missing when England needed him the most.

No Panama

No Penalties

No Fun

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is an embarrassing question; nobody will ever pick Kane over Neymar on football talent

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is as bad as u akmal vs kholi. No one will select kane over Neymar. He is leagues ahead of him. Please don't bring the golden boot I am sure even Pickford would have put then away. Don't get me wrong Kane is an excellent player but no way close to Neymar.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Genuine question, and I know, he didn't have a shot on target in this WC - but what is the comparison between Kane & Giroud? We can add Lukaku in that mix as well.

After all these play acting, still I have picked Neymar as the CF of my WC Squad - and I kept Kane as back-up No. 9 till today; now that spot will go the CR.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar,even with all his draamebaazi,is still a far better player than Kane.

Kane is absolutely fantastic and an excellent striker but Neymar is the trie heir to Messi and Ronaldo as the best player in the world.Neymar is quite immature though and I do not like him much because of that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Genuine question, and I know, he didn't have a shot on target in this WC - but what is the comparison between Kane & Giroud? We can add Lukaku in that mix as well.

After all these play acting, still I have picked Neymar as the CF of my WC Squad - and I kept Kane as back-up No. 9 till today; now that spot will go the CR.
    Lukaku > Kane >>> Giroud

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Was Kane playing against Croatia?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke of a comparison

Neymar >>>> bag of rubbish >>>> Kane
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th July 2018 at 21:13.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Lukaku > Kane >>> Giroud
    Giroud actually is doing a fantastic job for his team. You have to look it as a combination and he is the decoy. I don't want to see him as No. 9 of this fantastic France team, but he is perfectly doing the dirty job.

First, at 6'4", he is an asset in set piece, at either end and he drags back lot - his pitch map is almost flat in both box!!! Then, he engages both CBs when France is counter attacking with their speedy forwards - he holds on to ball with face towards Lloris, pushes intelligent through balls, moves brilliantly within box and his lay-ups are perfect for a team that has 3 of the fastest forwards in game. On record, he put a brilliant through to Mbappe (For his 2nd against Arges), he pulled both the CB against Peru for Mbappe to tap in, he earned the corner against Belgium and in both headed goals from set piece, he actually was first mover to shed the scores - Varane & Umtiti. Besides, one lacking in this wonderful French team is that, their forwards are vertically challenged - Mbappe 5'10", Fekir 5'7", Griezmann 5'7", Dembele 5'9", Lemar 5'7" ..... he is giving France both option in attack.

Coming to the comparison, Kane is a better scorer for sure, but overall No. 9 target man, I'll pick Giroud - that's after complaining whole WC for him starting; I expect France to play like Klopp's Liverpool, not JoMou's MU. May be Karim could have done the same with lot more in other aspects, but Giroud's contribution can't be neglected in 2018 WC. Deschamps was Conte's partner at Juve for 6 years, then both managed Juve - their tactics are from old Italian game and very similar; it's not surprising that Griezmann mocked Courtois (regarding France's tactics against Belgium) with his Chelsea team, not Belgium against Brazil. Conte is a brilliant Manager - he bought Giroud in January, and made him 1st choice over Morata............. Deschamps from same school has opted Giroud over Karim & Lecazzette - can't be coincidence.

Among top CF's Kane is the only one who takes penalty in EPL - hence it was easier for him to win 2 Golden boots in EPL; but he is no Rooney or Owen for sure.