Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    The stupidity of these people does make the mind boggle. You can see in these peoples logic why IK said that he can't bring European politics into PK.
    Another thing I find dumb is the exaggerated meaning people give to the symbol of their political party. Like "sher ko vote Dena sher ko. Hum sher hi Hain" or "Balle se shehr ki pitai hogi." Which allows the real crooks to hide themselves and their incompetence behind the symbols.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khan991 View Post
    You guys aren’t understanding my point or turning a blind eye. It was ok for Nawaz to do all his shady dealing when he was on the establishment side but as soon he asked for foreign policy and wanted a little more power. The establishment turned against him and got him thrown out. Look at zardari case, everyone knows he is a theif but since he said nothing to the establishment he was allowed to loot the country and completed his tenure. If you think Nawaz case is about fighting against corruption you are all wrong. This is about establishment showing their might to our future leaders. Look at Imrans stance towards the establsihment as compared to the previous election.This power sharing policy in our country has taken us to the brink of defaulting. Im not saying we shouldnt respect them but they should know their main role.
    Bro you are not entirely wrong but you MUST look at other side of picture as well.

Is this case about fighting corruption?
    As you pointed out yourself, why didn't anyone take action against Nawaz Sharif before an "INTERNATIONAL LEAK"? It seems so convenient to say this is happening because Nawaz Sharif asked for foreign policy and Panama leaks which came from OUTSIDE Pakistan had nothing to do with it??
    What a WEAK argument that they wanted to control foriegn policy when Nawaz Sharif did not even bother to appoint a foreign minister?? Even omeone as incompetent and corrupt Zardari had decent foriegn ministers in Qureshi and Hina Rabbani Khar so establishment had no issues back then but they did allow Nawaz Sharif???

Now even a bigger question whether this is all about corruption
    Is Nawaz Sharif struggling for democracy??
    One has to be an absolute fool to think Nawaz is concerned about democracy, i will forget EVERYTHING Nawaz did until 1999 because he was a fool and grew up since then.
    What does he do on his return from exile? Misaaq e jamhooriat and what does he do during Gilani's government? Yes he runs a campaign again to kick him out for "refusing to write letter to Swiss authorities" and Nawaz Sharif's words were "Courts k order hain, agar 1 nahi 10 Prime Minister ko ghar jaana para tou bhejo" and now all of a sudden when he is exposed in INTERNATIONAL LEAK it becomes a conspiracy and he becomes saviour of democracy?????????

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now using mother to prove innocence? Nawaz Sharifs can do everything from using wife illness to proving his dad did money laundering not him.

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Bro you are not entirely wrong but you MUST look at other side of picture as well.

Is this case about fighting corruption?
    As you pointed out yourself, why didn't anyone take action against Nawaz Sharif before an "INTERNATIONAL LEAK"? It seems so convenient to say this is happening because Nawaz Sharif asked for foreign policy and Panama leaks which came from OUTSIDE Pakistan had nothing to do with it??
    What a WEAK argument that they wanted to control foriegn policy when Nawaz Sharif did not even bother to appoint a foreign minister?? Even omeone as incompetent and corrupt Zardari had decent foriegn ministers in Qureshi and Hina Rabbani Khar so establishment had no issues back then but they did allow Nawaz Sharif???

Now even a bigger question whether this is all about corruption
    Is Nawaz Sharif struggling for democracy??
    One has to be an absolute fool to think Nawaz is concerned about democracy, i will forget EVERYTHING Nawaz did until 1999 because he was a fool and grew up since then.
    What does he do on his return from exile? Misaaq e jamhooriat and what does he do during Gilani's government? Yes he runs a campaign again to kick him out for "refusing to write letter to Swiss authorities" and Nawaz Sharif's words were "Courts k order hain, agar 1 nahi 10 Prime Minister ko ghar jaana para tou bhejo" and now all of a sudden when he is exposed in INTERNATIONAL LEAK it becomes a conspiracy and he becomes saviour of democracy?????????
    With the angle your looking at this issue they seem to be fair points. Me personally the only issue i have with this is that democratic forces should be responsible for all the politics in the country because meddling from others in our politics has not got us very far. If imran had continued his struggle the way he did initially when he first started his campaign I wouldnt have minded if NS got kicked out. Since he has taken the establishment side and gone away from his principles thats what has bothered me. Nonetheless hopefully at the end democracy wins and most important pakistan wins.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    So now using mother to prove innocence? Nawaz Sharifs can do everything from using wife illness to proving his dad did money laundering not him.
    Poor mother has to read the script provided to her to help her son escape the punishment or at least get some sympathy from people.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final take on this is , If the decision of the Court was made in the interest of the country & upon fair & clearly established evidences it is a wholly positive step. If it is politically motivated, biased & only addressing limited aspects of the broad & overarching issues of corruption then it has a lot more negatives alongside the good. Only time will tell & I think it’s better for us Citizens to distance ourselves from all the hype & noise around these matters & focus where we really can make a difference in our lives & communities.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the angle your looking at this issue they seem to be fair points. Me personally the only issue i have with this is that democratic forces should be responsible for all the politics in the country because meddling from others in our politics has not got us very far. If imran had continued his struggle the way he did initially when he first started his campaign I wouldnt have minded if NS got kicked out. Since he has taken the establishment side and gone away from his principles thats what has bothered me. Nonetheless hopefully at the end democracy wins and most important pakistan wins.
    No doubt it's annoying when non democratic forces interfere in politics and in fact Nawaz Sharif escaped all these years because of them but he is one person who cannot simply blame anyone else and this time even the leak was not work of anyone in Pakistan.

Nawaz was involved in the corruption
    Nawaz lied in parliament and PTV address nation
    Nawaz lied about Qatari letters and provided no proof
    Nawaz lied that flats were purchased in 2006 (even his family member admitted they were purchased in 90s)

So what can establishment really influence here? Maybe to ensure the case get heard by Supreme court? Maybe proof provided this time around? But heavy MAJORITY of the blame goes to Nawaz Sharif so it's quite disgusting how he is being treated as MESSIAH and victim.
    As for Imran, he has been fighting a mafia for 22 years and it is a miracle already how much he has achieved fighting the status quo, what chance did he have fighting against establishment and status quo at the same time??? All he has to do is come to power and strengthen the institutions, it may sound difficult but this is the only solution.

Otherwise at least i don't have any hopes from NawaZardari types to either strengthen institutions or challenge the establishment as they are always looking for deals to keep their hold on power. Only a selfless and committed person has any chance of strengthening democracy and Imran is by far the best option.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final take on this is , If the decision of the Court was made in the interest of the country & upon fair & clearly established evidences it is a wholly positive step. If it is politically motivated, biased & only addressing limited aspects of the broad & overarching issues of corruption then it has a lot more negatives alongside the good. Only time will tell & I think it’s better for us Citizens to distance ourselves from all the hype & noise around these matters & focus where we really can make a difference in our lives & communities.
    Completely agree with you there is always a new start and we should be hopeful for that and respect our courts and their verdict

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    At least 300 PML-N workers and party leaders, including a Union Council chairman, vice chairman and counsellors, have been arrested in a crackdown in Lahore as the city braces itself to receive ousted premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz on Friday.

Police sources told DawnNewsTV on Thursday that 300 PML-N workers had been arrested in raids on Wednesday night. The district commissioner has provided a list to police of 300 more workers who must be arrested, the sources said.

Additionally, in order to "maintain law and order" in the city, 10,000 police officers will be deployed across Lahore on Friday, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Operations Shahzad Akbar said.

The Anti-Riot Unit will be on alert, and the Dolphin Squad and the Police Response Unit will be deployed to sensitive areas of the city.

Containers will be set up on tonight in order to block main thoroughfares across the city, while all roads leading to the airport will be sealed, according to the Lahore Traffic Police.

DIG Akbar said that all superintendents of police have been directed to take strict action against miscreant elements who, during election campaigns or rallies, take the law into their own hands.

He said that those who violated the Election Commission of Pakistan's Code of Conduct would find themselves behind bars, while those political leaders and workers who remain peaceful would be guaranteed complete security.

"No one will be allowed to take the law into their own hands," he asserted.

The extraordinary measures have been taken days after a rally was staged by Nawaz's son-in-law Capt Safdar ─ who received a one-year jail sentence in the Avenfield reference for abetment ─ as he offered his arrest to authorities in Rawalpindi.

The arrest drama on Sunday continued for four hours during which a National Accountability Bureau team remained unable to take Safdar into custody, with police contingents standing by as silent spectators to the crowd that had gathered to show its support to the PML-N leader.

On Friday, PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif is expected to lead a rally to Lahore's Allama Iqbal International Airport to receive Nawaz and Maryam ─ who have been given 10 years and seven years in jail respectively in the Avenfield reference ─ as they return from London where Begum Kulsoom is undergoing treatment for cancer.

PML-N Spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb in an earlier press conference claimed it would be "a historic reception", with "tens of thousands of people" gathering in Lahore to welcome the father-daughter duo in a peaceful rally.

Traffic diversion plan
    Traffic coming from Islamabad can enter Lahore via the Motorway, Thokar Niaz Baig, Qazalbash Chowk and Shaukat Khanum Chowk.

Commuters on GT Road can use the Motorway through **** Shah Kaku to Thokar Niaz Baig, while **** Khatai traffic will be diverted through Shahdara Chowk, and Begum Kot to Faizpur Interchange.

Multan Road traffic can use Bund Road and Mohlanwal Road. Raiwind traffic can use Bloki Road and Sue-i-Asal Road through to Nala Hadyara and Defense Road to enter Kacha Jail Road, Green Town, Lahore.

Kasur Road traffic can use Kahna Kacha Road Green Town and Rohi Nala Road to enter Defence, Lahore, and Bedian Road traffic can enter Lahore through Defence Phase 5. Barki Road traffic can use Defence Phase 6 and 8 to enter city.

To go out of Lahore, Moulana Shaukat Ali Road, Main Boulevard Johar Town, Shaukat Khanum, Qazalbash Chowk, motorway interchange and Multan Road can be used, according to the Lahore Traffic Police diversion plan.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1419613/30...f-nawaz-maryam

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aik hota hai Natak, aur phir aata hai Maha Natak, aur subse se upar wali category hai "Sharif Natak".

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

MNS: Can somebody take a pic of me while I act all sad and hug my kids..... Junaid come here kiss mama on the head it'll look good in the pic......... please tasweer whatsapp kardehna meine Twitter pe lagani hai

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    MNS: Can somebody take a pic of me while I act all sad and hug my kids..... Junaid come here kiss mama on the head it'll look good in the pic......... please tasweer whatsapp kardehna meine Twitter pe lagani hai
    check the GUCCI ke chapal while going to jail. bera he koi brands ka bukhar he isko bhai

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    they'll probably make a TV ad out of it as well.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lmao

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    lmao
    @Mian if you want to know why Abidi is losing sleep over PTI, watch this, it was brutal how much PTI got support as compared to MQM (there were even more Nooras lol) :

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao

MQM turned into PMLN2 after Altaf. Don't you know MQM isn't fielding a candidate against Shahbaz from Karachi and supporting him?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mian if you want to know why Abidi is losing sleep over PTI, watch this, it was brutal how much PTI got support as compared to MQM (there were even more Nooras lol) :

haha IK is winning from there! this drama queen will be 3rd on the list

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Support to the community who have to live alongside fled criminals.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So stealing from poor PK's and getting caught is called oppression.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Where is the lion though

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the lion though
    All these years i kept asking this question why PMLN use Tiger pics while their symbol is Lion?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All these years i kept asking this question why PMLN use Tiger pics while their symbol is Lion?
    They don't know the difference?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't know the difference?
    Now that's a possibility

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Positive View Post
    Indeed, I am not asking any PM to gift wrap Kashmir to India. Nawaz Sharif ruled 3 decades and I dont think Kashmir is with them. But thing is Kashmir cant be solved with a war. And I think 3 times its already been tried and what do you think happened? Perhaps Kashmir can be solved with talks. They dont like talking about it now. But it was not the case earlier. They tried to have talks. And if at that time, Kargil wouldn't have happened, Kashmir may well be with Pakistan or at least would have been solved. So I just want the next PM of Pakistan to at least tries to make peace with India.

You honestly tell me, can you think of growing with your neighbor constantly trying to pull you down. I think India also isnt that fool. See how North Korea and US have sat down. Look at Russia and US and there can be many more examples. Modi has solved its boundary dispute with Bangladesh already. And Pakistan has bad relations with all the neighbors, be it Afghanistan, Iran, India. Who is with us today except for China and Turkey. China too ditched at FATF only because of its own benefit. Perhaps trying to establish good relations with our neighbors can solve the cause.

So in my opinion when the new government comes, it should try to have good relations with India. And imran khan has that ability. He has visited Indian many times and Indians respect him.
    So in my opinion when the new government comes, it should try to have good relations with India. And imran khan has that ability. He has visited Indian many times and Indians respect him.

Once again there can be no good relations with India at the moment. Had it not been for the military Nawaz would have given our Kashmir to India with a batch of flowers. The man is an open traitor who would sell his mother for money! I am afraid ultimately the Kashmir issue will be solved through a big war like it or not. Just coz previous wars were stalemates does not mean future ones will be as well.

To India peace means that Pak should allow it to do anything it wants! We should give in to all their demands, never gonna happen. I want a fierce and fearless PM in Pak who tells India the way it is! Who does not give an inch and roars like a lion back to them. Yes Pak can grow without India although there will be many benefits if we were at peace with them yet not at the expense of compromising our interests. Other examples you have given have many dissimilarities with the Pk-Hind situation like here both are nuke powers. Don't tell me about America who are the biggest trouble makers in the world. Pak has bad relations with neighbours coz of Nawaz, he knows nothing about diplomacy at all being more interested in making money. We need a powerful foreign policy and even tougher non nonsense PM.

Imran Khan seems timid when it comes to the Kashmir issue. He is naive on it being more interested in not upsetting the apple card. His idea of demilitarising all of Kashmir is an immature thought. India is not awaiting instructions or suggestions from IK.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if it is entirely their fault. Ballot paper has tiger and translation in Urdu is Shar. Whole country is not clear about difference between Lion and Tiger. I doubt if there is a word for tiger in Urdu

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/12/4b/69/1...a47c521b59.jpg

BTW: If you look from historical prespective, subcontinent mainly(if not only) had tigers(even snow leopard we have in north is more closer to tiger than lion), lion is not from our land. Throughout our history (literature, stories), we have used word Shar which was pointing to an animal that was tiger not really lion. This whole Tiger Vs Lion, is very new, when other cultures who had seen lion came to our land. No wonder in ballot paper and campaign they still user tiger as Shar...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post

Once again there can be no good relations with India at the moment. Had it not been for the military Nawaz would have given our Kashmir to India with a batch of flowers. The man is an open traitor who would sell his mother for money! I am afraid ultimately the Kashmir issue will be solved through a big war like it or not. Just coz previous wars were stalemates does not mean future ones will be as well.

To India peace means that Pak should allow it to do anything it wants! We should give in to all their demands, never gonna happen. I want a fierce and fearless PM in Pak who tells India the way it is! Who does not give an inch and roars like a lion back to them. Yes Pak can grow without India although there will be many benefits if we were at peace with them yet not at the expense of compromising our interests. Other examples you have given have many dissimilarities with the Pk-Hind situation like here both are nuke powers. Don't tell me about America who are the biggest trouble makers in the world. Pak has bad relations with neighbours coz of Nawaz, he knows nothing about diplomacy at all being more interested in making money. We need a powerful foreign policy and even tougher non nonsense PM.

Imran Khan seems timid when it comes to the Kashmir issue. He is naive on it being more interested in not upsetting the apple card. His idea of demilitarising all of Kashmir is an immature thought. India is not awaiting instructions or suggestions from IK.
    If war happen between India and Pak then it will be nuclear for sure. Not sure if you and me will be alive to see who wins as it will definitely turn into a world war and whole of South Asia might well get destroyed. And believe me India has more supporters behind them. Do you really think Kashmir is worth a world war? IMO no. So Kashmir has to be sorted by talks.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If war happen between India and Pak then it will be nuclear for sure. Not sure if you and me will be alive to see who wins as it will definitely turn into a world war and whole of South Asia might well get destroyed. And believe me India has more supporters behind them. Do you really think Kashmir is worth a world war? IMO no. So Kashmir has to be sorted by talks.
    Pak water depends on Kashmir so yes it will be worth it coz without water we will die anyway. India will be supported by the west there is no doubt about it. Pak will be supported by China, Russia and the Middle East. If talks were to be successful they would have worked by now. We have been talking for over 70 years.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nawaz, Maryam reach Abu Dhabi airport; to arrive in Lahore later today

LAHORE: A week after having been convicted in the Avenfield properties reference, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and daughter Maryam are expected to return to Pakistan today and begin their jail sentence.

The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo and his daughter departed from London late Thursday and have presently reached Abu Dhabi, from where they are expected to reach Lahore around 6pm.

In a video message posted on Twitter, Nawaz said, "I have done all that I could. I know I have been sentenced for 10 years and that I will be taken straight to prison.”

In the message posted by Maryam, he asked people to “please support me and walk with me at every step. We must change the country’s future. This opportunity will not come again.”

“I have to tell the Pakistani nation that I am doing this for them. I am giving this sacrifice for your coming generations...for Pakistan’s future,” Nawaz added.

The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has disclosed that it has arranged two helicopters, expected to shift the father-daughter duo to Adiala jail in Rawalpindi as soon as they land.

Moreover, NAB has deployed two teams each at Lahore and Islamabad airports for the purpose.

NAB Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal has warned that strict action will be taken against anyone who obstructs the arrest of PML-N leaders. The PML-N, however, has claimed that it will only take out a peaceful rally to the airport to welcome its leader.

The chairman has also issued directions that the bureau will follow court orders and has summoned an emergency meeting in this regard today.

Caretaker Punjab home minister told Geo News Thursday night that representatives of federal institutions will arrest the PML-N supremo from inside the airport.

After condemnations by the PML-N leadership regarding the arrest of scores of workers in the past few days, the minister claimed that only 50-100 PML-N workers have been arrested for violating the Election Commission of Pakistan's code of conduct.

He claimed that only those political workers involved in criminal cases are being detained, along with those who may cause disturbances during the July 25 election.

With PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif's insistence that the party's peaceful march to welcome its 'Quaid' will go as planned today, the crackdown against party workers continues across Punjab where dozens of workers and leaders have been arrested.

In Bahawalpur, former state minister for education and interior Balighur Rehman and party leader Javed Gorchani in Rajanpur have been arrested.

Talking to Geo News, the Punjab home minister said as far as he knows, the PML-N has not applied for permission to take out its 'welcome rally' today — a necessity under the election rules.

With Section 144 in place across Punjab, the gathering of 10 or more people has been banned already.

Keeping in a view the volatile situation, the Lahore traffic police have issued a special plan so commuters do not get caught up in the PML-N rally.

Moreover, containers have been placed at various roads and cross-sections, and roads leading to the airport are expected to be blocked later today to deter the PML-N rally.

Airlines have asked passengers travelling abroad to reach the airport at least six hours earlier.

The directions have been issued keeping in mind the road blockades and the PML-N's planned welcoming rally.

Moreover, several areas of the city, including the airport, have been witnesses intermittent rain since morning.

Begum Kulsoom's health

Nawaz and Maryam have been in London since June 14 to tend to Begum Kulsoom Nawaz, who has been under treatment for cancer there since August last year and recently saw her health deteriorate further.

However, hours before the father and daughter were to leave London, there was a slight good news for the Sharif family: "First time in 30 days, Ami opened eyes for a few seconds. Don’t know if she saw or registered us. Still not conscious and on the ventilator. Prayers solicited," tweeted Maryam.

Moreover, prior to their departure, Maryam said on Twitter, "Told my kids to be brave in the face of oppression. But kids will still be kids".

"Goodbyes are hard, even for the grownups," she added.

Nawaz was sentenced to a total of 11 years in prison and slapped a £8 million fine (Rs1.3 billion) in the Avenfield case last Friday whereas Maryam received an eight-year sentence with a £2 million fine (Rs335 million). Maryam has also been barred from contesting the July 25 election.

A total of three references were filed by NAB against the Sharif family last year in light of the Supreme Court's verdict in the Panama Papers case.

With the Avenfield case having been decided, the Al Azizia and Flagship references against Nawaz remain to be concluded by the accountability court.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/203094-naw...re-later-today

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Moreover, containers have been placed at various roads and cross-sections, and roads leading to the airport are expected to be blocked later today to deter the PML-N rally.
    I feel for poor commoners who'll have to share flight with the majesties

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Pak water depends on Kashmir so yes it will be worth it coz without water we will die anyway. India will be supported by the west there is no doubt about it. Pak will be supported by China, Russia and the Middle East. If talks were to be successful they would have worked by now. We have been talking for over 70 years.
    I hope someone of your mindset doesnt get elected this time. Otherwise he will start a war. And perhaps you dont know what that would bring to us. If we start a war stating water is an issue, not even China will support our cause. We have lost the case on Kishanganga. India is not responsible of our water problems. It is us who didnt construct dams. How many days do you think we can fight India in our current economic state? If we keep friendly relations we can still get water, if we start a war with India do you think they will answer our queries? I dont think so. Infact whole of world will be against us if we start a war, similar to Kargil war. We thought war will give us Kashmir instead crisis happened in all of Pak. Whole world went against us and our ally US also supported India. Perhaps we can take lessons from past. And that was not even nuclear war. Perhaps you dont realize that China is selfish for itself too. FATF has shown that. It wont come to you if they see you are trying to doom yourself.
    Last edited by B_Positive; 13th July 2018 at 09:57.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So stealing from poor PK's and getting caught is called oppression.
    yup..in pakistan IK is a criminal because he got married a few times but Nawaz s a hero because he robbed the people but built them a road..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hope someone of your mindset doesnt get elected this time. Otherwise he will start a war. And perhaps you dont know what that would bring to us. If we start a war stating water is an issue, not even China will support our cause. We have lost the case on Kishanganga. India is not responsible of our water problems. It is us who didnt construct dams. How many days do you think we can fight India in our current economic state? If we keep friendly relations we can still get water, if we start a war with India do you think they will answer our queries? I dont think so. Infact whole of world will be against us if we start a war, similar to Kargil war. We thought war will give us Kashmir instead crisis happened in all of Pak. Whole world went against us and our ally US also supported India. Perhaps we can take lessons from past. And that was not even nuclear war. Perhaps you dont realize that China is selfish for itself too. FATF has shown that. It wont come to you if they see you are trying to doom yourself.
    Max we can last in a full fledged war is 10 days before we go nuclear..then its all over..forget the water everything will be contaminated...just not worth it..

todays wars are fought in the media and via proxy..small scale conflicts that make up a whole..the ideal scenario for pakistans enemies is what happened here between 2009-2012..another good scenario for them is a govt like we had for the last five years..some growth to keep the populace quiet but long term debt requirements that keep the country poor and the cycle continues...stable instability is the key phrase for Pakistan..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nawaz, Maryam wait in Abu Dhabi as flight faces unspecified delay

Former prime minister and PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz are held up in Abu Dhabi on their way to Lahore from London today.

Their flight, Etihad Airways flight EY243, earlier scheduled to land at 6.15pm local time at Lahore's Allama Iqbal International Airport, faces a delay.

An airport official, when approached by our correspondent, had stated the reason for the hold-up as a delay in an Etihad flight arriving in Abu Dhabi from Bangkok, which is then supposed to fly EY243's passengers to Lahore.

Airport officials say the flight is expected to take off at 3.40pm local time (4.40pm PST), but boarding had still not commenced as of 3:25pm. If the flight takes off on the new time, it will land in Lahore around 8pm PST.

The two will likely be arrested on their arrival at Lahore airport, from where they are expected to be taken to Islamabad by helicopter and moved to Adiala jail.

Cellphone services have been suspended in certain parts of Lahore in anticipation of their arrival, and contingents of Rangers have been deployed at and around Lahore Airport.

While waiting at the Abu Dhabi airport for his flight home, Nawaz has spoken to reporters from various news organisations over the phone.

During the call, Nawaz wondered how a flight "that is never late" has been delayed today and urged people to "think about who delayed this flight and why."

When asked if he believes that returning to Pakistan in the current "tense" situation is a good idea, Nawaz said that he knows what the situation in the country is like.

"I know I have been handed a 10-year sentence and Maryam has been given seven years in jail, but we are returning because this country's fate needs to change — we need to change it."

"The media also needs be brave and take a stand in the face of it all," Nawaz said, adding that the media's freedom is being curbed today because "they see that this nation has risen and the media is rising and they are afraid. Why else would they do all this?"

"What is happening in this country today, what is happening in Lahore, raises questions regarding the elections. No other province is facing the situation we see in Lahore: hundreds of our party workers have been arrested; people are being pressured into switching loyalties. All of this forms a question mark on the credibility of the election," Nawaz said.

"I am not afraid of being arrested. If I was, why would I be coming back? It does not matter if NAB or the people who have sent NAB personnel arrest me from here [Abu Dhabi] or from Lahore. I am ready for it," Nawaz said.

Earlier, in a video message, tweeted by Maryam, the former premier had urged his followers to stand with him when he arrives and "change the fate of the country".

"The country is at a critical juncture right now," Nawaz said in the recording. "I have done what I could. I am aware that I have been sentenced to 10 years [in prison] and I will be taken to a jail cell straight away — but I want the Pakistani nation to know that I am doing this for you."

Mayam had taken to Twitter to post pictures of scenes in London ahead of the father-daughter duo's departure.

In one picture, the father and daughter were seen bidding farewell to Kulsoom Nawaz, who is said to be comatose and admitted at a London hospital.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1419756/na...pecified-delay

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    I am not sure if it is entirely their fault. Ballot paper has tiger and translation in Urdu is Shar. Whole country is not clear about difference between Lion and Tiger. I doubt if there is a word for tiger in Urdu

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/12/4b/69/1...a47c521b59.jpg

BTW: If you look from historical prespective, subcontinent mainly(if not only) had tigers(even snow leopard we have in north is more closer to tiger than lion), lion is not from our land. Throughout our history (literature, stories), we have used word Shar which was pointing to an animal that was tiger not really lion. This whole Tiger Vs Lion, is very new, when other cultures who had seen lion came to our land. No wonder in ballot paper and campaign they still user tiger as Shar...
    In urdu, tiger is sher and lion is babbar sher.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    You have to admire their guts. They could have easily chickened out like Commando Musharraf. Returning to Pakistan and respecting the law will boost their political careers - people will sympathize with them.

I am still going to give them my National Assembly vote. For Provisional Assembly, I have decided to vote for ANP. They deserve to win for the sacrifices that they have made, and the way they have been unfairly targeted by the establishment because of their secular ideology.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You have to admire their guts. They could have easily chickened out like Commando Musharraf. Returning to Pakistan and respecting the law will boost their political careers - people will sympathize with them.

I am still going to give them my National Assembly vote. For Provisional Assembly, I have decided to vote for ANP. They deserve to win for the sacrifices that they have made, and the way they have been unfairly targeted by the establishment because of their secular ideology.
    You are a good comedian #FirstPara

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Respecting the law by asking their supporters to come out and 'welcome' them while their mother/grandmother (reads off a transcript and) says that if anyone goes to jail, she will go and join them?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What's going on, thought he would be in Pakistan by now...when is his expected arrival?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The highness will get executive class facilities in jail (AC, Fridge, TV, etc) in jail . It will be more of a house arrest.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guts of convicted family? They had 10 days to appeal and if they don't appear physically they lose the right to appeal. Let's now forget if they don't return their political chances decrease massively and that means the real END for them.

Establishment made sure to attack PTI first 1 week ago in North Waziristan gathering than ANP and now their own party BAP today? (and mullah party JUIF in btw). Tell me another joke please

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    What's going on, thought he would be in Pakistan by now...when is his expected arrival?
    Original arrival time was supposed to be 6.15 pm PKT i.e. 35 mins from now. Not sure about the delays, some conflicting reports about that right now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the innocence of the Sharif Empire is concerned, matter of fact is that they are not innocent and we all know about their corruption, but as far as the decision of the SC is concerned, your guess is as good as mine at the moment, because a lot of factors will play a part.

However, for the sake of democracy and in respect of the constitution, we all should respect the decision of the SC.

Things are getting interesting now and I hope the findings of the SC are made public, because that is the only way we can be sure about the accountability of the decision. More than anything, people of Pakistan at this time deserve transparency.

I have full faith in the judiciary system and I hope and pray that they make an impartial decision, even if it means the end of Nawaz Sharif.
    This guy use to tell us about respecting court verdict and use to laugh on conspiracy theories and now he himself is voting for convicts and finding conspiracy theories behind verdict. What a fall!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon really they have the guts to loot money and protect them.Let see what comes out of their guts.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Original arrival time was supposed to be 6.15 pm PKT i.e. 35 mins from now. Not sure about the delays, some conflicting reports about that right now.
    Yeap, reports saying that he is still in Abu Dubai.

I wonder if the Pakistan government has something to do with this, maybe trying to re-direct his flight?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeap, reports saying that he is still in Abu Dubai.

I wonder if the Pakistan government has something to do with this, maybe trying to re-direct his flight?
    Once it enters in our air Pakistan reserve the right to re direct any flight to any airport. Remember these Nooras did same with Qadri and Musharraf?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Current map of Lahore:

Name:  lhmp.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  19.9 KB

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Once it enters in our air Pakistan reserve the right to re direct any flight to any airport. Remember these Nooras did same with Qadri and Musharraf?
    Yes, I remember.

I say let him land Lahore, don't want to give his supporters or swing voters any tilt towards him (sympathy vote). Let everyone see the chor, PTI should have organized a Chor return rally right across from the PMLN rally or something. Check the map I just posted above, looks like Lahore is on lock down right now.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Apparently he's on the plane now

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am loving patwaris tweeting old pics from PTI dherna days when state machinery was used against PTI and claiming these are live scenes from today lol

They are even uploading shelling pics but i can't find any smoke

Jesa dum leader wese supporters

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I remember.

I say let him land Lahore, don't want to give his supporters or swing voters any tilt towards him (sympathy vote). Let everyone see the chor, PTI should have organized a Chor return rally right across from the PMLN rally or something. Check the map I just posted above, looks like Lahore is on lock down right now.
    I think PTI should remain calm if they come face to face with PMLN workers things can go out of control very quickly and with current situation election delays are on table so only PTI will lose because they are at the peak right now and can't afford a delay other parties want delay.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why aren't they using PIA?

The airline they claimed they had made great again :/

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think PTI should remain calm if they come face to face with PMLN workers things can go out of control very quickly and with current situation election delays are on table so only PTI will lose because they are at the peak right now and can't afford a delay other parties want delay.
    I'll agree with that. The wave is building, but at the same time, PTI should be educated the masses, especially in Lahore, as he returns that a convicted chor is returning...not some messiah. I know Imran Khan has been talking about it in his jalsa's. Maybe should have had billboard advertisements up.

I'm just worried over the fact, our nation has people with a very short memory and big hearts that forgive easily. "Bechara ki saat bhooth ho chuka hei.." crap like this.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They can keep coming, looking at the map of Lahore, they aren't going to get anywhere lol

Or maybe, the people in that picture are the only ones that are coming

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This guy use to tell us about respecting court verdict and use to laugh on conspiracy theories and now he himself is voting for convicts and finding conspiracy theories behind verdict. What a fall!
    I want him to vote for the Nooras, at least he wont trott the old line about- i voted for IK. This guy couldnt bring himself to condemn the theft of 400 crore from the saf Pani schemes, so voting for thieves and crooks is a natural step.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want him to vote for the Nooras, at least he wont trott the old line about- i voted for IK. This guy couldnt bring himself to condemn the theft of 400 crore from the saf Pani schemes, so voting for thieves and crooks is a natural step.
    Imagine if verdict was in favor of Noora and IK was the one shouting conspiracy conspiracy these same noora supporter would be the first to condemn

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll agree with that. The wave is building, but at the same time, PTI should be educated the masses, especially in Lahore, as he returns that a convicted chor is returning...not some messiah. I know Imran Khan has been talking about it in his jalsa's. Maybe should have had billboard advertisements up.

I'm just worried over the fact, our nation has people with a very short memory and big hearts that forgive easily. "Bechara ki saat bhooth ho chuka hei.." crap like this.
    Yea IK have been educating the masses and even yesterday he was talking about this in Lahore and Qasur jalsa about the chor and his chori. There is a ban on big billboards this time and all the big political banners are removed from cities except standard sizes mentioned by ECP. I hope there is no sympathy vote this time enough is enough.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can keep coming, looking at the map of Lahore, they aren't going to get anywhere lol

Or maybe, the people in that picture are the only ones that are coming
    This can't turn the verdict in their favor even if 10 million arrive lol as NS use to say dherne se kuch nae hona

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Flights in the air, can be tracked here:

https://www.flightradar24.com/ETD243/1d1cd108

Can watch it live on Youtube as well lol:

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Imagine if verdict was in favor of Noora and IK was the one shouting conspiracy conspiracy these same noora supporter would be the first to condemn
    Your dead on, and even he would admit that. He used to spend hours writing essays and suddenly not a peep@Mamoon. The silence speaks volumes

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LOL

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rana Sanaullah on Samaa News just said "Mera apne leader ko receive kerne jana Hajj se zyada bera kaam he"

Look at jaahil nooras

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ravi pull is experiencing some rioting..So dharna's were effecting our economy but this ghunda gardi is ok.??

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update anyone?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Update anyone?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reports are Nawaz has been arrested as soon as the flight entered Pak airspace

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Slap on face of patwaris heading to Lahore airport

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Update anyone?
    They are officially in Pakistan air space Can't wait to see these chors land and taken to prison

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol, they should get him to land in one of the runways and then arrest him on the runway..
    love the fact that showbaaz is now complaining about his own police lol

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nawaz Sharif arrested

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punjab Police being attacked by PMLN goons there are pics of injured policemen. Percha Sharifon per katna chahiye jese Irman per katwaya thai inhone

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    wow Rana sanaullah claiming he can click his fingers and the blockade will dissipate lol..but he wont..I think that about sums up the support NS now has..

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dead on, and even he would admit that. He used to spend hours writing essays and suddenly not a peep@Mamoon. The silence speaks volumes
    His lectures are only for PTI supporters because PMLN dhernas, attacks etc are always right.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Few have predicted and I agree.

Next week Khulsoom Nawas health will deteriorate or worse.

India will increase its activity at the border.

Water will be diverted toward Pakistan, more flooding.

More pressure from foreign forces.

Rough time ahead for Pakistan and poor Pakistani.

But it is just a prediction, I hope it is wrong.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Few have predicted and I agree.

Next week Khulsoom Nawas health will deteriorate or worse.

India will increase its activity at the border.

Water will be diverted toward Pakistan, more flooding.

More pressure from foreign forces.

Rough time ahead for Pakistan and poor Pakistani.

But it is just a prediction, I hope it is wrong.
    Im not in Pakistan so feel I dont really have the right to say what I think Pakistanis should do but I hope they batten down the hatches and persevere. These are the sort of times when nations make defining change..