Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what they're complaining about. It's prison, not a Hilton.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Don't know what they're complaining about. It's prison, not a Hilton.
    Its probably just drama, i wouldn't be surprised to read that he sleeps in the governors bed with a ensuite and a Jacuzzi.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He was a self-made businessman, and his family didn't need to work a single day to live a lavish lifestyle. There is no doubt that Nawaz Sharif is guilty of corruption and embezzlement, but not to the extent that is being projected.

People who are quoting that Maryam is wearing sandals worth $700 and carrying a handbag worth $3,000 make me laugh. This is nothing for upper class/elite families in Pakistan, let alone the Sharifs who are legit one of the richest families in Pakistan even without corruption.
    How do you know his father didn't use corruption to get to where he got to? It is almost impossible to reach to such a level in Pakistan in business without indulging in corruption.

The extent of what they stole does not matter, they stole from the people and the country and are being prosecuted for it. Don't know what you're crying about.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What people don't realize is that Nawaz Sharif's father, Muhammad Sharif, was one of the wealthiest people in Pakistan before Nawaz Sharif was in a position to loot the country.

He was a self-made businessman, and his family didn't need to work a single day to live a lavish lifestyle. There is no doubt that Nawaz Sharif is guilty of corruption and embezzlement, but not to the extent that is being projected.

People who are quoting that Maryam is wearing sandals worth $700 and carrying a handbag worth $3,000 make me laugh. This is nothing for upper class/elite families in Pakistan, let alone the Sharifs who are legit one of the richest families in Pakistan even without corruption.

All this corruption business is crap. Imran today is what Nawaz was in the past. It is not a surprise that the extent of corruption is yet to be proven and he has been disqualified based on a technicality. A weak and biased judgment.

Speaking of corruption and embezzlement, over PKR 20 crore have been spent on "refreshments" in KP House Islamabad in the last three years. What sort of "refreshments" are these, and who will be held accountable for this?

@Mian would you care to shed some light on the bills of the "chai paani" in KP House Islamabad? Obviously this is Noon propaganda, so I would like to know what are the actual figures?

I hope you will give a clear answer and not deflect it like the foreign funding case.
    So Imran’s fortune from his investments, endorsements and in-laws count as legitimate or illegitimate in your eyes?

And it is rich talking about “deflecting” when everybody and their mother has been asking you to respond to the saplings for months on end.

Nawaz Sharif’s father may not have been corrupt, which is highly unlikely since he built his fortune in a time and place where there was less regulation than today and that’s saying something because there is very little today, but to excuse him and his family is deplorable.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How do you know his father didn't use corruption to get to where he got to? It is almost impossible to reach to such a level in Pakistan in business without indulging in corruption.

The extent of what they stole does not matter, they stole from the people and the country and are being prosecuted for it. Don't know what you're crying about.
    @Mamoon will defend any criminal family. There is no proof that the Sharifs were super rich as claimed,may be mamoon can show some tax or asset declarations from the era to show their wealth.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What people don't realize is that Nawaz Sharif's father, Muhammad Sharif, was one of the wealthiest people in Pakistan before Nawaz Sharif was in a position to loot the country.

All this corruption business is crap. Imran today is what Nawaz was in the past. It is not a surprise that the extent of corruption is yet to be proven and he has been disqualified based on a technicality. A weak and biased judgment.

Speaking of corruption and embezzlement, over PKR 20 crore have been spent on "refreshments" in KP House Islamabad in the last three years. What sort of "refreshments" are these, and who will be held accountable for this?

@Mian would you care to shed some light on the bills of the "chai paani" in KP House Islamabad? Obviously this is Noon propaganda, so I would like to know what are the actual figures?

I hope you will give a clear answer and not deflect it like the foreign funding case.
    As you are talking about corruption, how would like to respond to the 400 crore stolen from saf pani scheme by the Showbiz. After all his your man,And dont run this time.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any pictures of Nawaz Sherrif in the cell where he is complaining from ? I for one do not believe he is in jail until I see proof of him behind bars with tears like the earlier years one on which can be seen on youtube.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you want people to forgive him on technicalities because of the ‘extent of corruption’ to be proven? The word you used is extent. What’s the required amount in your book?

Just like PTI filed a case against Nawas Sharif for Panama leak then similarly PML-N or you can file a case against PTI.

Every one who hasn’t born yet and who has died and in between knows that both parties leaders are corrupt to their core. Stop trying make them look like as if they are the only angel exit in a population of 200 M.
    Last edited by slipcatch; 14th July 2018 at 22:06.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    And you want people to forgive him on technicalities because of the ‘extent of corruption’ to be proven? The word you used is extent. What’s the required amount in your book?

Just like PTI filed a case against Nawas Sharif for Panama leak then similarly PML-N or you can file a case against PTI.

Every one who hasn’t born yet and who has died and in between knows that both parties leaders are corrupt to their core. Stop trying make them look like as if they are the only angel exit in a population of 200 M.
    Well 400crore was ok with @Mamoon.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you seriously believe that he has been disqualified based on a technicality ?

I know this is the message Avenfield verdict was meant to convey. But do you seriously believe they would public the real reasons, reasons ulterior enough to shake country and international forces. Technicality loophole is serving its purpose but it doesn't mean they have nothing against Nawaz.

In an era of data extractors and hackers, one would assume NAB and Co had extracted every, almost every, bit of Data in last 365 days. Yet they have opted to not public it.

Why ?
    Because Nawaz is not the root. Much Bigger and sinister players are involved, Some forces our country can't name in black and white, just not yet. If they were to convict Nawaz more aggressively, they would have to publish evidences that Pakistan is not in a position to disclose.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who continue to support these guys should be ashamed of their existence.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Family meets Nawaz, Maryam at Adiala jail

PAKISTAN Muslim League-Nawaz president Shahbaz Sharif along with his mother and other family members on Saturday night visited ousted premier Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law retired Capt Mohammad Safdar, who began serving their prison terms in the Avenfield properties reference, at Adiala jail.

The family members, including Maryam Nawaz’s daughter Meharun Nisa and Shahbaz’s son Hamza Shahbaz, were earlier flown to Islamabad from Lahore on a special plane for the meeting, which took place in the jail superintendent’s room and continued for more than two hours.

No other party leader or worker visited Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz on their first day in jail, as the authorities had allocated Thursday for the visitors wanting to meet them. The meeting of the family members, however, had been arranged on a special permission of the government, a senior official of the district administration told Dawn.

Hours before the visit, Mr Shahbaz told a press conference in Lahore that the party would use all available options, legal and political, to challenge the caretaker government’s decision about the jail trial of the former premier. He expressed the hope that the Sharif family would get relief in the London properties case from the high court.

Nawaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz were handed down 10 and seven years’ imprisonment, respec*tively, in the London properties case last week.

After their return from London on Friday night, the caretaker law ministry issued a notification declaring that the accountability court will conduct trial in the Flagship Investment and Al Azizia Steel Mills references against Nawaz Sharif in Adiala jail.

In the wake of their arrest, senior PML-N leaders discussed the party’s strategy for the July 25 elections in a meeting held at the Model Town office. Mr Shahbaz also criticised the authorities for registration of FIRs against himself, other party leaders and workers after the Friday crackdown, asking the election commission and other institutions to take notice of the “pre-poll rigging”.

Better class facilities for Nawaz, Safdar

Meanwhile, the Punjab home department notified “Better Class” category in Adiala jail for the former prime minister and Capt Safdar on their formal requests, while Maryam refused to apply for the better class.

A senior home department official told Dawn that the department had notified Better Class, generally known as B-Class, for the former premier. The category entailed facilities of a mattress, small table and chair, ceiling fan, 21-inch TV and a newspaper, he said, adding that none of the facilities would be provided by the jail authorities. They would be provided by the convict’s family.

Speaking to Dawn, a district administration official said retired Capt Mohammad Safdar was getting better class facilities in the jail as he was a former military officer and a former parliamentarian. “Yes, he had applied for the better class and after getting formal permission of the home department, he is availing the facility,” the official said, adding that he had been kept in the ordinary class earlier.

However, Maryam Nawaz refused to apply for it. In her signed letter, she stated: “I was offered to apply for better class facilities by the superintendent of the jail, as per the rules that I refused of my own will. This is purely my own decision, taken without any pressure from anyone.”

Earlier, in her special audio message for voters recorded before going to the Adiala jail, Maryam said: “You all know, I left my mother in critical condition, as I went to London to meet her along with my father Mohammad Nawaz Sharif. We found her unconscious and when I was returning back home she opened eyes and saw us but could not talk. I haven’t committed any crime, but I am in prison because I am daughter of a brave man. They want to make me a weakness of my father but luckily now I am a source of [his] strength. Kindly pray for my mother’s health, I wish to hug her in healthy condition.”

“If I was not in the prison I would fight this historical democratic battle with you on the streets, despite being a prisoner I am still with my people, your daughter and sister is appealing to you to prepare for the 25th July... My sisters and daughters, it’s time for you to come out and participate in the election process and spread the message of sanctity of vote. I was contesting election from one constituency but now Maryam is contesting from 272 constituencies. Support a democratic and constitutional Pakistan; support your leader Nawaz Sharif and your daughter. Victory for PML-N is victory for democracy, a victory for Pakistan.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1420148/fa...at-adiala-jail

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: As the appeals against the conviction of ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and retired Captain Safdar are likely to be filed on Monday (tomorrow), there is still uncertainty which bench would hear these appeals on a regular basis.

Lawyers for Mr Sharif met him in Adiala jail and obtained his signatures on the papers of attorney (Vakalatnama), sources privy to the legal team of the former PM told Dawn.

Take a look: The sombre father and smiling daughter

The legal team will not only challenge the accountability court’s verdict of July 6 against the Sharifs, but they are also planning to file two more appeals against the law ministry’s notification for jail trial and for transfer of two pending references — Al-Azizia and Flagship — before accountability court Judge Mohammad Bashir.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

In the July 6 judgement, Judge Bashir acquitted Mr Sharif of the charge of corrupt practice, but convicted him, his daughter Maryam and son-in-law Safdar for owning assets beyond means and awarded 10 years imprisonment to Mr Sharif, seven years to Ms Maryam and one year to Mr Safdar.

The sources said the members of Mr Sharif’s legal team Barrister Saad Hashmi and Zafir Khan met him in Adiala jail where the former PM signed the Vakaltnama. Advocate Khawaja Haris would lead the legal team of Mr Sharif.

Lawyers meet ousted prime minister in Adiala jail

Likewise, Ms Maryam and her spouse signed their Vakalatnamas for Advocate Amjad Pervaiz, the lawyer who represented them in the accountability court.

Advocate Pervaiz will be assisted by Advocate Mohammad Aurangzeb and Saqlain Naseem.

The lawyers of the Sharif family will file three appeals against the conviction of Mr Sharif, Ms Maryam and Mr Safdar before the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday.

Three miscellaneous applications would also be filed for suspension of verdict of Judge Bashir before the IHC the same day, the sources said.

The former PM’s legal team will also file the appeal against dismissal of an application by Judge Bashir of the accountability court, seeking transfer of Al-Azizia and Flagship references to another judge.

A separate petition against the notification issued by the caretaker government for conducting the trial of Mr Sharif in Adiala jail will also land in the IHC next week.

The IHC has constituted a two-member division bench that is likely to take up these appeals. The bench comprising Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani and Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb would stand dissolved after July 19 as Justice Hassan is proceeding on the summer vacation with effect from July 19. Likewise, Justice Kayani is also going on leave from July 20.

Subsequently, in the week commencing from July 23, there will be two judges available in the IHC as per the official roaster issued by the IHC administration.

Hence, the division bench if constituted from July 23 would comprise Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui who happens to be senior puisne judge and Justice Aamer Farooq.

It may be mentioned that there are six judges in the strength of the IHC — Chief Justice Mohammad Anwar Khan Kasi, Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui, Justice Athar Min*allah, Justice Aamer Farooq, Justice Kayani and Justice Miangul Hassan Aruganzeb.

The judges are on leave as the IHC on July 5 notified that the summer vacation would commence from July 9 and continue to Sept 9.

IHC Chief Justice Kasi short-listed the categories to be heard during the vacation according to which only pre-arrest and post-arrest bail matters, habeas corpus and the matter related to “urgent threat of irreparable loss” may be fixed before the available judges.

Move to put names on ECL

The subcommittee of the caretaker federal cabinet on Saturday recommended placing the names of Mr Sharif and Ms Maryam on the Exit Control List (ECL).

A senior official said their names had been recommended to be added to the ECL on the request of the National Accountability Bureau.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1420198/sh...n-ihc-tomorrow

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hussain Nawaz laments father denied 'basic rights' in jail

Former premier Nawaz Sharif’s son, Hussain Nawaz, has said his father has been denied “basic rights” in Adiala jail.

“I am told that my father was not given a bed to sleep on and the bathroom was extremely dirty probably not cleaned for ages,” Nawaz’s elder son tweeted.

“There’s no precedence of treating people’s representatives with dignity in this country but these are basic rights withdrawal of which constitutes torture,” he added.

Last night, Nawaz's mother Begum Shamim along with Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif, his son Hamza Shehbaz and Nawaz's doctor visited the former premier and Maryam in jail.

The former premier and his daughter, who were convicted in the Avenfield Apartments reference, were arrested Friday night upon their arrival in Lahore and were subsequently taken to Islamabad in a chartered flight. The father-daughter duo were then separated and taken from the Islamabad International Airport in two convoys to the Central Jail in Adiala, Rawalpindi.

Nawaz has been allotted 'B' class category, while Maryam has declined better facilities in jail.

According to the jail manual, an inmate has facilities including television, newspapers, bed, attach bathroom, fan and a servant in the 'B' class category.

Maryam was shifted to the women’s cell, where she declined to request for provision of 'B' class to her.

In a letter released by her social media team, Maryam said she declined better facilities at the Adiala jail. The letter stated that Maryam had been asked to submit an application to the jail superintendent for better facilities.

However, Maryam in the letter said that she refused this and did not make the decision under anyone’s pressure.

Maryam, Safdar's appeals to be filed on Monday: sources
    Maryam and her husband Captain (retd) Safdar Awan's appeals against the verdict in the Avenfield Properties corruption reference will be filed on July 16, sources familiar with the matter informed Geo News.

An accountability court last week sentenced Maryam, the daughter of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, to eight years in prison with a £2-million fine (Rs335-million), and her husband Captain (retd) Safdar to a year in prison. Nawaz himself was sentenced to a total of 11 years in prison and slapped with a £8 million fine (Rs1.3 billion).

https://www.geo.tv/latest/203354-hus...rights-in-jail

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    There is no proof that the Sharifs were super rich as claimed.
    Speaking of muhammad sharif, legit question, showbaz said he is the son of a farmer and he is not ashamed of being called a son of a farmer while NS in his emotional "political speech" referred to his father as an already established wealthy businessman. The daughter claims his family was mega rich from the start while Son of showbaz said they were poor.

Now personally, It is hard to believe NS since he is neither sadiq nor ameen but showbaz though. The family has me confused as to whether they were mega rich from the start or started from the bottom? And if they did start from the bottom, how come they got hold of so many properties/wealth at such a quick speed considring a regular farmer in pakistan can barely feed his family 2 times a day. Did they hit jackpot or were they growing marijuana?

One of them is a notorious liar, But which one though

PAKISTAN

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by DeadBall; 15th July 2018 at 13:41.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beat this (this is even a bigger hit than their panama video last year)

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it a PTI video ?
    Made my day sir.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Is it a PTI video ?
    Made my day sir.
    Nah not an official video. They are some talented Pakistanis youtubers check their last year panama verdict video

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post

Establishment has removed it

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    hahaha khote ka qeema!

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1420295/ni...-nawaz-in-jail

Is Ch Nasir Admitting that case was less about corruption and more about contention with Amry?? - He tried to bridge the two parties but NS did not listen

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD: Deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, and Captain (retd) Safdar Awan filed an appeal against the verdict in the Avenfield Properties corruption reference in the Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday.

An accountability court had sentenced Nawaz to a total of 11 years in prison and slapped a £8 million fine (Rs1.3 billion) in the corruption reference while his daughter Maryam was sentenced to eight years with a £2 million fine (Rs335 million). Additionally, Nawaz's son-in-law Capt (retd) Safdar was given a one-year sentence without any fine.

The appeal — that highlights the legal flaws in the Avenfield judgement — asks for the accountability court's verdict to be declared null and void and the three convicts to be released on bail.

'Court's verdict doesn't comply with law'

Speaking to the media in the federal capital today, Maryam's legal counsel Amjad Pervaiz stated that the accountability court's verdict in the Avenfield reference was not in compliance with the law.

"The accountability court's verdict is in contradiction with the law and declaring it void would serve justice," Pervaiz told media persons.

"Our case is very strong and on merit. We are right and we hope to get some relief," he said.

Nawaz and Maryam arrived in Pakistan on Friday evening. They were arrested upon their arrival in Lahore and shifted to Adiala Jail in separate convoys. Safdar was arrested earlier on July 9.

Maryam's appeal was drafted on Saturday, however, her legal counsels who were in Adiala Jail to get the power of attorney (Vakalatnama) signed by their client were unable to file the petition before the court hours ended, sources had informed Geo News said. Court hours last till 1pm during summer vacations.

The trial

The trial against the Sharif family commenced on September 14, 2017.

On July 6, after four extensions in the original six-month deadline to conclude all three cases, the court announced its verdict in the Avenfield reference.

Nawaz and his sons, Hussain and Hasan, are accused in all three references whereas Maryam and Safdar were accused in the Avenfield reference only.

The two brothers, based abroad, have been absconding since the proceedings began last year and were declared proclaimed offenders by the court.

On July 10, the Supreme Court granted another six-week extension for Accountability Court-I Judge Mohammad Bashir to conclude the remaining corruption references against Nawaz and former finance minister Ishaq Dar.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/203462-sha...verdict-in-ihc

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Amreeka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^this man clueless

God will take you thru hell, just to take you to heaven..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

What do you mean “how do I know”?

So we should “assume” that Muhammad Sharif was corrupt even though there is no evidence to support that claim.

However, at the same time, we should also assume that Imran Khan is clean as a whistle (because he said so), even though, he played a sport for two decades where illegal earnings are common.

Moreover, he claims to run his Bani Gala palace in arguably the most expensive city in the country on a monthly income of PKR 4 lacs and three goats only, he has been running from his foreign funding/embezzlement case for four years now.

Akbar S Babar, one of the founding members of PTI without whose contributions Imran would be not where he is today, has accused him of embezzlement.

That case is still pending because Imran has not bothered to attend a single court hearing. If he is so clean and honest, why doesn’t he clear his name first before targeting others?

Furthermore, the bill of refreshments in KP House Islamabad in the last three years is around PKR 20 crore. What sort of “refreshments” are these?

Is this not corruption? Obviously this is PML-N propaganda, so why don’t Imran and Pervez Khattak publicly show us the actual refreshments bill? Why are they hiding?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    ^this man clueless
    Yes of course this is Nooni propaganda, so why don’t Pervez Khattak and Imran Khan come out with the actual bill of the refreshments, showing everyone why the 20 crore bill for refreshments is nonsense?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon will defend any criminal family. There is no proof that the Sharifs were super rich as claimed,may be mamoon can show some tax or asset declarations from the era to show their wealth.
    It is a well-known fact that Muhammad Sharif was one of the wealthiest businessmen in Pakistan. I am not responsible for your ignorance.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Well 400crore was ok with @Mamoon.
    400 crore and 300 arab etc. are arbitrary, highly exaggerated figures that are yet to be proven.

They will become 500 crore and 400 arab in a year.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a well-known fact that Muhammad Sharif was one of the wealthiest businessmen in Pakistan. I am not responsible for your ignorance.
    Really?

1. Why is he sweating in jail today?

2. If it is well known, can you post a link to the timeline of life including how his wealth was accumulated over the years?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Really?

2. If it is well known, can you post a link to the timeline of life including how his wealth was accumulated over the years?
    Thats a lie Muhammad Sharif had a little shop in Ram Gali Lahore so was not a wealthiest businessmen in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistan cricket fan View Post
    Thats a lie Muhammad Sharif had a little shop in Ram Gali Lahore so was not a wealthiest businessmen in Pakistan.
    Ittefaq Foundry & Workdshop

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is this one so if anybody think he was rich then he has to get his head checked ASAP.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to stop lying brother. These crooks wont save you on the day of judgment.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

I think it is this one so if anybody think he was rich then he has to get his head checked ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    You need to stop lying brother. These crooks wont save you on the day of judgment.

The level of ignorance is shocking, but why am I not surprised?

As they say in Urdu, “mullah ki dorr masjid tak“.

It is okay to not have knowledge, but it is not okay to argue when you don’t have a clue.

Muhammad Sharif, along with his brothers, opened a small blacksmith shop (the one in the picture) in Lahore in 1930s.

Their business eventually expanded and by 1970s, they were the biggest steel industry in the country, before Bhutto nationalised it.

Read about the Ittefaq Group and educate yourself.

Denying the wealth of Ittefaq Group is like saying that the Earth is flat.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Really?

He is sweating in jail today not because he is corrupt, but because he stopped dancing to the tunes of the military.

You can read about the Ittefaq Group. There is plenty of information available. You can also ask some of your elders about the Ittefaq Group and their steel industry in the 1970s, before Bhutto nationalized it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There are people on this forum who are PTI supporters, but are not aware of the history of Pakistan and the nationalization of the Ittefaq Group, the biggest steel industry in the country in the 70s, owned by the Sharif family.

This is the level of ignorance among our people, and they are the ones who are going to vote and decide our future.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of ignorance is shocking, but why am I not surprised?

As they say in Urdu, “mullah ki dorr masjid tak“.

It is okay to not have knowledge, but it is not okay to argue when you don’t have a clue.

Muhammad Sharif, along with his brothers, opened a small blacksmith shop (the one in the picture) in Lahore in 1930s.

Their business eventually expanded and by 1970s, they were the biggest steel industry in the country, before Bhutto nationalised it.

Read about the Ittefaq Group and educate yourself.

Denying the wealth of Ittefaq Group is like saying that the Earth is flat.
    Where were Sharifs in those 22 richest families of Pakistan back in 70s before Bhutto nationalized everything? Don't act smart you are not the only one who knows history here but as expected you have a habit of defending corrupts

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A-1 View Post
    Speaking of muhammad sharif, legit question, showbaz said he is the son of a farmer and he is not ashamed of being called a son of a farmer while NS in his emotional "political speech" referred to his father as an already established wealthy businessman. The daughter claims his family was mega rich from the start while Son of showbaz said they were poor.

Now personally, It is hard to believe NS since he is neither sadiq nor ameen but showbaz though. The family has me confused as to whether they were mega rich from the start or started from the bottom? And if they did start from the bottom, how come they got hold of so many properties/wealth at such a quick speed considring a regular farmer in pakistan can barely feed his family 2 times a day. Did they hit jackpot or were they growing marijuana?

One of them is a notorious liar, But which one though
    Nawaz’s father and his brothers opened up a small steel shop in Lahore in the 30s. By 1970s, they became the largest steel industrialists in Pakistan, before Bhutto nationalized their company.

It didn’t happen overnight, and they are one of the many, many families around the world who went from rags to riches because of the vision of its leaders who had a business sense and made the right moves at the right time. Of course, luck is a factor too. However, it doesn’t mean that they are corrupt.

Steve Jobs formed a company in his garage and thirty years later, it became the most valuable company in the world.

Zuckerberg created a website for his friends in college, and now he is one of the richest people in the world.

Are they and many others corrupt? Why is it surprising that a small shop owners evolved into industrialists in 40 years?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are people on this forum who are PTI supporters, but are not aware of the history of Pakistan and the nationalization of the Ittefaq Group, the biggest steel industry in the country in the 70s, owned by the Sharif family.

This is the level of ignorance among our people, and they are the ones who are going to vote and decide our future.
    Rich coming from someone who is ready to accept a criminal as his new leader. I guess you will be her social media head? don't worry she and her father looted enough to pay you a few lakhs per month

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nawaz’s father and his brothers opened up a small steel shop in Lahore in the 30s. By 1970s, they became the largest steel industrialists in Pakistan, before Bhutto nationalized their company.

It didn’t happen overnight, and they are one of the many, many families around the world who went from rags to riches because of the vision of its leaders who had a business sense and made the right moves at the right time. Of course, luck is a factor too. However, it doesn’t mean that they are corrupt.

Steve Jobs formed a company in his garage and thirty years later, it became the most valuable company in the world.

Zuckerberg created a website for his friends in college, and now he is one of the richest people in the world.

Are they and many others corrupt? Why is it surprising that a small shop owners evolved into industrialists in 40 years?
    What happened to the other 6 brothers? Ittefaqan just one brother with politician sons was able to remain super rich.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Where were Sharifs in those 22 richest families of Pakistan back in 70s before Bhutto nationalized everything? Don't act smart you are not the only one who knows history here but as expected you have a habit of defending corrupts
    They are millions of families in Pakistan. Even if you are ranked in the top 200, you are super rich.

Whatever their official ranking was, it is an undeniable fact that they were the biggest steel industrialists in Pakistan.

Are you arguing that the biggest steel industrialists in Pakistan were not wealthy?

I am not acting smart. I am simply exposing your lies and they way you are attempting to mislead some of our ignorant friends who don’t have a clue.

Calling the 7 Sharif brothers, the owners of the Ittefaq groups, a small shop owner by posting a picture of their shop from the 1930s in Lahore, is like suggesting that Steve Jobs owned a small business in his garage, conveniently ignoring the fact that his small business grew into one of the biggest companies in the world.

Don’t throw tantrums when your propaganda is caught red-handed.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    What happened to the other 6 brothers? Ittefaqan just one brother with politician sons was able to remain super rich.
    His father was the head of the business, and the key reason for their rise. We don’t know much about the other brothers and their families today because their children did not become politicians.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are millions of families in Pakistan. Even if you are ranked in the top 200, you are super rich.

Whatever their official ranking was, it is an undeniable fact that they were the biggest steel industrialists in Pakistan.

Are you arguing that the biggest steel industrialists in Pakistan were not wealthy?

I am not acting smart. I am simply exposing your lies and they way you are attempting to mislead some of our ignorant friends who don’t have a clue.

Calling the 7 Sharif brothers, the owners of the Ittefaq groups, a small shop owner by posting a picture of their shop from the 1930s in Lahore, is like suggesting that Steve Jobs owned a small business in his garage, conveniently ignoring the fact that his small business grew into one of the biggest companies in the world.

Don’t throw tantrums when your propaganda is caught red-handed.
    I am not the one to run with tail between my legs when caught red handed about saplings, 400crore and so many other subjects. I asked what happened to the other 6 brothers? Ittefaqan just one brother with politician sons was able to become super rich and that too after the nationalization.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His father was the head of the business, and the key reason for their rise. We don’t know much about the other brothers and their families today because their children did not become politicians.
    Kia haseen ittefaq he only brother with politician sons become super rich that too after the nationalization.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I am not the one to run with tail between my legs when caught red handed about saplings, 400crore and so many other subjects. I asked what happened to the other 6 brothers? Ittefaqan just one brother with politician sons was able to become super rich and that too after the nationalization.
    Kia haseen ittefaq he only brother with politician sons become super rich that too after the nationalization.
    It is not a haseen ittefaq (good pun though). To go from a small business owner to a huge industrialists, you need vision and ambition.

Muhammad Sharif was the mastermind behind the success of the Ittefaq Group and it was his brilliance that took them from rags to riches.

It is no surprise that he had the vision to launch his children into politics, using his influence and power.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not a haseen ittefaq (good pun though). To go from a small business owner to a huge industrialists, you need vision and ambition.

Muhammad Sharif was the mastermind behind the success of the Ittefaq Group and it was his brilliance that took them from rags to riches.

It is no surprise that he had the vision to launch his children into politics, using his influence and power.
    A master mind to again become super rich after losing everything during Bhutto govt, their tax returns from 80s show they were not super duper rich.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 17th July 2018 at 10:57.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not seen in picture of them in captivity. PML N should bring it out to get sympathy votes or they are still too proud to show themselves behind bars?

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    3 times the population of Pakistan is of course fake news, as number of Indians below the poverty line is 21%, or about 262 million.

The following data which shows the difference in the economic development of India and Pakistan is however real news.

http://www.worldstopexports.com/indias-top-10-exports/

http://www.worldstopexports.com/****...op-10-exports/
    Even that is a massively inflated figure, the 262 mn one. It makes the padosis feel good though, despite the fact that they have a much worse failing economy and a power hungry military deep state who have never let them progress.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th July 2018 at 19:38.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Chaudhry Munir was playing the mediator role? And we were told Maryam and her Daddy are Anti Establishment Ch Munir is a close relative of current DG ISI and is also Samdhi of Maryam Nawaz and is close to Qataris too. Connect the dots and get the full anti establishment picture of Maryam and her daddy

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Chaudhry Munir was playing the mediator role? And we were told Maryam and her Daddy are Anti Establishment Ch Munir is a close relative of current DG ISI and is also Samdhi of Maryam Nawaz and is close to Qataris too. Connect the dots and get the full anti establishment picture of Maryam and her daddy
    I hope these Sharif's do not get away again like last time.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Insects in prison- should have thought of those before you started to steal from a poor country.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

We need figures for turnover and taxes paid for context to judge, otherwise it means nothing.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Connect the dots completely. It also implies who is actually behind punishments and doing all the dirty games.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leeches complaining about insects. Had ho gayi hai.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Leeches complaining about insects. Had ho gayi hai.
    I am with team insects on this occasion.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am with team insects on this occasion.
    I'm team insects too

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I'm team insects too
    Add me.Maza araha ah.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendInzi View Post
    Connect the dots completely. It also implies who is actually behind punishments and doing all the dirty games.
    Where is the money trail? Why no proofs were given to the courts by the Sharifs?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nawaz Sharif provided a cook, lawn to walk in at Adiala jail: officials

Punjab Information Minister Ahmed Waqas Riaz on Wednesday said that former prime minister Nawaz Sharif is being provided all the facilities that he is entitled to while serving his 10-year sentence in Adiala jail, Rawalpindi.

The ousted prime minister was shifted to the jail on July 13 and was assigned the 'Better Class' category of the prison the next day, July 14, Riaz told a press conference.

He said Maryam Nawaz, too, is being provided adequate facilities in the women's jail.

The caretaker government's clarification came in apparent response to a letter written to the government by PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif two days ago seeking better facilities for Nawaz.

In his letter to Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk and Punjab caretaker Chief Minister Hasan Askari Rizvi, Shahbaz had drawn their attention to what he called the "abysmal conditions" in which Nawaz was being kept in Adiala jail.

“During my visit and meeting along with other family members I found Nawaz Sharif in a pathetic prison environment which is highly detrimental to his health and well-being. He was not even given newspaper to read, his bed was a mattress on the floor and washroom was not clean and there was no air conditioner in the room. No attendant was there and the medical check-up facility was also not up to the mark,” the former Punjab chief minister had written.

However, a handout released by deputy inspector general (DIG) Prisons Malik Mubashir today appeared to contradict the situation.

According to the statement, Nawaz was provided Better Class facilities by the Punjab government on July 14 after the former premier submitted an application to this effect and due to his entitlement as a former member of the National Assembly. Being a Better Class prisoner, Nawaz has been provided with the following facilities:

• The option to obtain his personal clothes, bed, mattress, shoes, table, chair, a 21-inch television, radio, toiletries, newspapers and other similar items at his own expense
    • He has been jailed in a separate cell in a Better Class portion of the jail
    • In his room, he has been issued a steel bed, table, chair, newspapers, sheets for his personal bed, personal clothes, one ceiling fan, two bracket fans and toiletries. He has also been allowed to keep a 21-inch TV.
    • He has been provided adequate space to take a walk and he "regularly goes for a stroll in the lawn attached to his cell".
    • The jail's medical staff and Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology (RIC) consultants regularly conduct his medical check-up and his health is "satisfactory"
    • A specialised cook has been providing the diet recommended for him by an RIC nutritionist
    • The recommended diet that he is provided includes fruits, salad, dates and qeema (minced meat)
    • His family members and friends can meet him on Thursdays, if he so desires, while his lawyers can meet him on any one day of the week

According to the DIG prisons, Nawaz's family members, lawyers and family doctor met him on July 14, while he has also met his daughter Maryam and son-in-law retired Capt Mohammad Safdar within the jail.

Minister Riaz meanwhile emphasised that nobody could run a political campaign from the jail and those violating the prison rules will be proceeded against strictly.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1420878/na...jail-officials

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Amreeka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes of course this is Nooni propaganda, so why don’t Pervez Khattak and Imran Khan come out with the actual bill of the refreshments, showing everyone why the 20 crore bill for refreshments is nonsense?
    Except the only differences is, most of Imran khan’s allegations against PML-N are backed by proof. I’m just having a difffiuclt time understanding your blind support for a party and it’s members that have looted this country to its core for decades.

God will take you thru hell, just to take you to heaven..