Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indian batting failed miserably.

Rohit is a dud. If not for KL Rahul, even in last match, India would have been toast.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really impressed with Umesh. He has been consistently improving his bowling over the last 2 seasons. Hope he carries on. I've always enjoyed watching him more than Shami.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    To the people who wonder why Bhuvi is rated so highly by Indians - that with over is a good example why.

Spells like that don't always look amazing on paper but they are still have great impact on the game.
    LMAO hahaha

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England have hitters who can smack big ones until no.8.

Indian tail begins at No.6. A big difference when it comes to chasing smaller targets. England are never out until they are 8 down.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 runs needed of last over.
    He bowls the first bowl, the half tracker, and follows it up with the same type of ball.

I guess he didn't want to defend these runs.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good inning by Hales.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Plenty of bowlers have gone way greater than 12 in last overs in T20. He is the reason why you got 12 to defend in the first place.
    He is good bowler but i guess he can be easily smacked if you wait for his variation. He don't bowl alot yorkers like bumrah too. In odis his avg is almost 40 and against top teams he averages 50+ against each side. In tests he plays only on green pitches so i called him trundler.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great summer ahead @Varun

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Indian batting failed miserably.

Rohit is a dud. If not for KL Rahul, even in last match, India would have been toast.
    Yeah our top order flopped. Both Rohit and Dhawan better put some score up in the next match.

But it's good to see that our bowlers - even without Bumrah could stretch the game into the last over against this English team. That bodes well for us.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England deserves to be the second best t20I team. Well done to them.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batting depth in T20 is understated by some. Just because it is a T20 game that doesn't mean you don't need depth. India's lack of depth forced Indian middle order to play with circumpsection after top order collapse. India has massive room for improvement.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected India are 20 runs short here.

In the end, an easy victory for England.

Hales hit the big shots.
    Easy? Only became easy after the 1st ball of the 19th. India was in the game till the last over the match.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    LMAO hahaha
    There is nothing funny about it. Yes he couldn't defend 12 runs in the last over. But he has come out on top often too. My point is, he may not have the best numbers on paper but Bhuvi has consistently squeezed out victories by not letting batsmen much in the death overs.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Easy? Only became easy after the 1st ball of the 19th. India was in the game till the last over the match.
    It was certainly not an easy win. The first match was a relatively easy win for India. This went down to the last over even though India made a sub-par score.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Batting depth in T20 is understated by some. Just because it is a T20 game that doesn't mean you don't need depth. India's lack of depth forced Indian middle order to play with circumpsection after top order collapse. India has massive room for improvement.
    Truth is, India has overachieved. With this bad middle order they should have lost way more LOIs. Kohli, Kuldeep and Chahal can't perform every single match.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Truth is, India has overachieved. With this bad middle order they should have lost way more LOIs. Kohli, Kuldeep and Chahal can't perform every single match.
    I don't think India has overachieved at all. They have the best top 3 in the world. They are the only team I know that continuously plays with 2 wrist spinners. They have had a large variety of bolwers now which is why I think this Indian team is perhaps the most well equipped bowling group to travel overseas.

There is no such thing as "overachieving" in this Indian unit. It's a highly professional group and very competitive. They know exactly what they are trying to achieve.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by depth? Even England will struggle to win matches from 22/3 after 5.

We have one of the strongest bowling sides. We cannot sacrifice our bowling to increase batting depth, by playing a bits and pieces player. Our 7-11 is fine.

1-4 are also fine (though, I am still convinced about Rohit)

Only 5 and 6 are a problem to an extent. Raina and Dhoni will need to be slightly better.Raina more consistent and Dhoni more dynamic.

Raina is known to play clutch and does not waste balls. Despite coming at 22/3 he scored at 135 SR. Should be ok for 6.

Dhoni could be replaced, but he aint leaving until 2019. We would have been better off with Dhoni coming at 5, when we were 22/3.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What do you mean by depth? Even England will struggle to win matches from 22/3 after 5.

We have one of the strongest bowling sides. We cannot sacrifice our bowling to increase batting depth, by playing a bits and pieces player. Our 7-11 is fine.

1-4 are also fine (though, I am still convinced about Rohit)

Only 5 and 6 are a problem to an extent. Raina and Dhoni will need to be slightly better.Raina more consistent and Dhoni more dynamic.

Raina is known to play clutch and does not waste balls. Despite coming at 22/3 he scored at 135 SR. Should be ok for 6.

Dhoni could be replaced, but he aint leaving until 2019. We would have been better off with Dhoni coming at 5, when we were 22/3.
    If Top 3 fail, I doubt the likes of Kohli, Dhoni will play with lot of freedom. They know that after them, there is not much batting to come. So they delay the final onslaught until 19th over (Like it happened today).

Indian batting only looks good if one of Rohit/Dhawan/KL goes on to make a big score. Otherwise, we will always end up with below par scores or at best par scores.

The likes of Chahal, Kuldeep, BK, Yadav will not score more than 10 runs between them. Compare them with the England tail. They all can wag.

I am not insisting of dropping the above mentioned bowlers. But the middle order and lower middle are not up to the mark. Dhoni must go from T20 side. Time to give a long run to hacks like Pant/Kishan.

Also, not convinced about Rohit in the openers slot. He has been out of Form since IPL. I would rather play someone like Prithvi Shaw who is blasting runs for India A. Give him 5 or 6 games and he will shine.

Rohit is way too inconsistent and too slow off the mark most of the times.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Batted Hales. Very cool under pressure.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a freaking T20. Best place to do experiment.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Top 3 fail, I doubt the likes of Kohli, Dhoni will play with lot of freedom. They know that after them, there is not much batting to come. So they delay the final onslaught until 19th over (Like it happened today).

Indian batting only looks good if one of Rohit/Dhawan/KL goes on to make a big score. Otherwise, we will always end up with below par scores or at best par scores.

The likes of Chahal, Kuldeep, BK, Yadav will not score more than 10 runs between them. Compare them with the England tail. They all can wag.

I am not insisting of dropping the above mentioned bowlers. But the middle order and lower middle are not up to the mark. Dhoni must go from T20 side. Time to give a long run to hacks like Pant/Kishan.

Also, not convinced about Rohit in the openers slot. He has been out of Form since IPL. I would rather play someone like Prithvi Shaw who is blasting runs for India A. Give him 5 or 6 games and he will shine.

But the thing is the amount of damage chahal kuldeep bk and yadav can do England bowler can't do, if it was England who had to defend 149 in 20 I doubt they would have done it goes either way.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a freaking T20. Best place to do experiment.
    Exactly

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. But isn't that the case with any top team. Your top 3 fail for not much, not many teams will score 180. Even this England side struggled at 44/3. We were 22/3.

2. Agree. Dhoni needs to go from T20 side, and we need to play Pant. I am not sure of Kishan, but Pant's runs in IPL cannot be ignored. Dhoni can keep playing the ODI side, but not T20. But I doubt it will happen till 2019.

3. Also agree on Rohit. Shaw in place of Rohit would be brilliant. But I dont know when that will happen. Rohit will need to fail consistently before we let him go. Both Shastri and Kohli seem to be big fans.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I strongly feel it's time to introduce Shaw,pant,aggarwal in the t20 setup can also play Kishan as well Shaw/aggarwal Rahul open Kohli at 3 pant at 4 Kishan at 5

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. But isn't that the case with any top team. Your top 3 fail for not much, not many teams will score 180. Even this England side struggled at 44/3. We were 22/3.

2. Agree. Dhoni needs to go from T20 side, and we need to play Pant. I am not sure of Kishan, but Pant's runs in IPL cannot be ignored. Dhoni can keep playing the ODI side, but not T20. But I doubt it will happen till 2019.

3. Also agree on Rohit. Shaw in place of Rohit would be brilliant. But I dont know when that will happen. Rohit will need to fail consistently before we let him go. Both Shastri and Kohli seem to be big fans.
    Kishan can turn game on its head the other guy who impressive is Shaw, Gill and abhishek Sharma looks good against pace

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we overachieved, the batting Is OK even if it failed today, I strongly feel Rahul needs to be given opening slot along with Dhawan Rohit can play at 4

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really feel Eng is wasting Jonny Bairstow in this form at 6. The kind of touch he is in he should be up at no.3 while Root takes time to clear his head