Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gary Neville is such a clown blaming the keeper for Russia's brilliant goal. lol

England will be happy watching this, both sides aren't playing anything special.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Russia scores one of the goal of WC - Cheryshev won't be in Villarreal next season.
    Lol was literally about to post this and also agree about home advantage for Russia.

You know your football bhai

Sorry if I offended you for those comments about watching football religiously. You know your stuff.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Resident party poopers Slaven Bilic and Gary Neville ripping the Russian goal and blaming it on Croatia instead.

Fools.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England should be able to easily overcome any of these teams in semi-final.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol was literally about to post this and also agree about home advantage for Russia.

You know your football bhai

Sorry if I offended you for those comments about watching football religiously. You know your stuff.
    Relax, I didn't mean anything. You also watch lots of soccer, I know.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Technically Croatia is far better team. In last attack, Russians came in numbers with lots of space, then they were out of thoughts what to do in attacking 3rd - same situation, ball at Modric'd feet, he would have pushed a fatal through ball; this is the difference with good teams and great teams.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As every minute passes, the more it sees Russia is destined in this world cup. Every time Croatia put the ball in Russia's box it's cleared one way or another.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why would Russia take out its biggest goal threat?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    England should be favourites to reach the final from this side of the draw, Croatia have been hyped a bit because they beat what turned out to be a very ordinary Argentina, but while they play nice football, they don't have much threat up front.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England will be banking on this game going to extra time, will tire out their opposition that little bit more for Wednesday.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    As every minute passes, the more it sees Russia is destined in this world cup. Every time Croatia put the ball in Russia's box it's cleared one way or another.
    Russia have been good in most of their games, they do not dally around - they play very direct football and are always looking to get the ball in the net. And it seems to work well.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    England should be favourites to reach the final from this side of the draw, Croatia have been hyped a bit because they beat what turned out to be a very ordinary Argentina, but while they play nice football, they don't have much threat up front.
    Russians are very tough to break down. Sweden played very similarly but aren't as good agaisnt crosses as Russia are. Croatia have the skill to unlock a defence. So two different teams for England and it's hard to say which would be easier.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    A lot of tidy passing in this game but the final ball has been rubbish at the business end of the pitch. The keepers have had an easy night in reality.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Russia have been good in most of their games, they do not dally around - they play very direct football and are always looking to get the ball in the net. And it seems to work well.
    Also have made very few mistakes throughout the tournament. I hope they do win now. Russia V England semi final will be an ever bigger game, as the hosts come up against the 'enemy' nation.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also have made very few mistakes throughout the tournament. I hope they do win now. Russia V England semi final will be an ever bigger game, as the hosts come up against the 'enemy' nation.
    It would be an explosive and thrilling semi-final, hopefully no hoologanism though as both nations are sadly known for having ugly form in this area.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It would be an explosive and thrilling semi-final, hopefully no hoologanism though as both nations are sadly known for having ugly form in this area.
    Putin made it clear in a few comments warning the hooligans to stay away for the World Cup, which is why nothing has happened so far.

If Russia beat England to reach the final, it will be huge for Russians and it wont matter if they lose the final. For England to lose to Russia would be seen by the right of the country has humiliation.

This looks to be going to pens so Russia have a great chance.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't see Russia coming back now. Croatia will retain possession well. Russia look tired.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Croatia score. Will take a big effort for the Russians to equalise now, they looked gutted.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not been a classic game. But a very watchable game due to the stakes.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Russia spirit is unbelievable.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Russia just not giving up

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Equaliser for Russia. I don't like Russia as a country as we know they tend to be homophobic, racist etc but am enjoying their run and will be happy for them if they beat Croatia here. Although, when they play against England, no doubt I'll be rooting for the country I live in and that is England!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's get it to pens

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything can happen now.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Russians hit their penalty to the side the Croatian Gk wont be able to dive full stretch to because of his hamstring?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant fight from Russia.

Home crowd behind them after the late equaliser Russia will surely be confident winning the penalty shootout? One one man stopping them and he is a brilliant when it comes to penalties.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Side note, genius move by Putin to give citizenship to Fernandez

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHorn View Post
    Will Russians hit their penalty to the side the Croatian Gk wont be able to dive full stretch to because of his hamstring?
    I don't think his hamstring can be that bad, he's jumping around ok

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1 miss each.

Two great keepers.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Side note, genius move by Putin to give citizenship to Fernandez
    Spoke too soon LOL

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sorry for Russia.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Croatia for the victory.

Congrats to Russia, they have been briliant in this tounament.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Feel sorry for Russia.
    I don't, was watching a Reggie Yates show about the far right in Russia on BBC iplayer, and it looks like a horrible place.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Spoke too soon LOL
    well he was the one that bring Russia back to life so Russia cannot complain

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't, was watching a Reggie Yates show about the far right in Russia on BBC iplayer, and it looks like a horrible place.
    Yeah they don't have the greatest sterotypes but they've been good hosts and have played pretty well.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't waste my time watch Reggie, not a day goes by when he doesn't feel a victim. BBC has been on the anti-Russia propoganda vibe for years now.

Those who have travelled from all over the world have nothing but good things to say about Russia. It's a great nation with great people, whatever the western imperialists try to project.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Match of the World Cup for me. Feel bad for the Russians

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Yeah they don't have the greatest sterotypes but they've been good hosts and have played pretty well.
    It would have been nice to knock Russia out of the world cup considering the bad relations between England and Russia right now.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unlucky for Russia. Modric penalty should have been saved.

2 good semis imo. Looking forward to both.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alli is having his game of the tournament. Finally fulfilling his potential at international level. Dissapointing show from Sweden today. Pickford had the most crucial save of the game, may be WC for England.
    i thought he had a crap game and bar the goal and a few defensive contributions did nothing. Sterling and Alli are the weaklinks in this england team - going by the WC so far - but their reputation means they will never be dropped. for all the ridicule he gets Welbeck is actually a decent performer for England and offers pretty much everything Sterling does while also being Bambi on ice in the final third. Alli isn't suited to that deeper role IMO and he is being outshone by Lingard so far, but i guess it pays to have as many goal scorers as possible on the pitch to make a difference. The lack of a proper midfield will show against Croatia even if they manage to beat them and will perhaps not be enough against Belgium or France.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rollingstoned View Post
    i thought he had a crap game and bar the goal and a few defensive contributions did nothing. Sterling and Alli are the weaklinks in this england team - going by the WC so far - but their reputation means they will never be dropped. for all the ridicule he gets Welbeck is actually a decent performer for England and offers pretty much everything Sterling does while also being Bambi on ice in the final third. Alli isn't suited to that deeper role IMO and he is being outshone by Lingard so far, but i guess it pays to have as many goal scorers as possible on the pitch to make a difference. The lack of a proper midfield will show against Croatia even if they manage to beat them and will perhaps not be enough against Belgium or France.
    For all the great things that Southgate has done with this young England team (he is to me one of the best managers of 2018), I have to say he is not helping Ali & Sterling at all.

Since they got the results so no complains, but he is using a bizarre 3-1-4-2 formation at start with Young apparently at middle though he is spending most times on wings, Ali at left wings and Sterling as one of pair forward.

No credit taken away, but by the luck of draw England has got a path which apparently is easier despite finishing 2nd & their task was made even easier by Germany (Spain also - other wise it was Germany at QF & Spain in SF), but I don’t think with this formation England can beat tactically better organized teams.

England’s traditional formation is 433 or 442 with lots of wing play; but this young squad was perfectly suited for more dynamic 4231 formation and that could have helped both Ali & Sterling.

Maguire & Stones at CB (Maguire is playing as left back actually), Tripper (to me one of their best players) & Rose wing backs.

Henderson & Young as the base of midfield, Kane as the spearhead with Ali behind and two wingers could have made England even better team. Ali & Kane are the best English pair at Spurs and Pochhetino plays them one behind another allowing Ali lot more freedom; and he is a £100mn+ fee, player now for sure for that role (Kane will be £170mn+, English players are obnoxiously expensive for home grown quota).

Ideally, I would have liked to see an England team like this -

1: Pickford
    4: Rose, Maguire, Stones, Tripper
    2: Henderson, Dier/Delph
    3: Sterling/Rashford, Ali/Cheek, Lingard/Young
    1: Kane/Vardy

But Southgate has got the result and kept team happy - deserves 4 more years even if England loses out at SF.

Welbeck is just not good enough for international soccer, even Heskey was more potent!!!!

@Hasan123, @shaz619, @hadi123

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all the great things that Southgate has done with this young England team (he is to me one of the best managers of 2018), I have to say he is not helping Ali & Sterling at all.

Since they got the results so no complains, but he is using a bizarre 3-1-4-2 formation at start with Young apparently at middle though he is spending most times on wings, Ali at left wings and Sterling as one of pair forward.

No credit taken away, but by the luck of draw England has got a path which apparently is easier despite finishing 2nd & their task was made even easier by Germany (Spain also - other wise it was Germany at QF & Spain in SF), but I don’t think with this formation England can beat tactically better organized teams.

England’s traditional formation is 433 or 442 with lots of wing play; but this young squad was perfectly suited for more dynamic 4231 formation and that could have helped both Ali & Sterling.

Maguire & Stones at CB (Maguire is playing as left back actually), Tripper (to me one of their best players) & Rose wing backs.

Henderson & Young as the base of midfield, Kane as the spearhead with Ali behind and two wingers could have made England even better team. Ali & Kane are the best English pair at Spurs and Pochhetino plays them one behind another allowing Ali lot more freedom; and he is a £100mn+ fee, player now for sure for that role (Kane will be £170mn+, English players are obnoxiously expensive for home grown quota).

But Southgate has got the result and kept team happy - deserves 4 more years even if England loses out at SF.

Welbeck is just not good enough for international soccer, even Heskey was more potent!!!!

Good to see no Walker in your team, I feel he's been the weak link so far but hasn't really been tested other than the penalty he gave away.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't mind 3 at the back.

We have plenty of full backs to choose from. 3 at the back allows them to bomb forward. Stones can distribute. 2 cbs alongside him need to be good 1 vs 1 and also have agility.

Also since we don't have any ball playing cms, 3 at the back allows us to select midfielders who can run up and down which we have . With wing backs we can get crosses in for Kane and play drag backs to him.

I don't mind 4 at the back . But I can see why he is playing 3 at the back.