Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Fakhar Zaman played a hell of a knock" : Aaron Finch

Aaron Finch has named Pakistan’s biggest threat ahead of Australia’s T20 final matchup with the World No.1 side.

With scores of 61, 47 and 73 in the T20 Tri-Series already, Fakhar Zaman has been an anchor atop the Pakistani order and Finch knows his wicket will be crucial.

“I think Fakhar Zaman has been outstanding and a real thorn in our side. He’s also been consistent in this format for a long time,” Finch said ahead of the Sunday’s final.

“In T20 cricket a lot of the time it’s the openers that set the tone, Fakhar is in good form.”

Australia missed an opportunity to claim the T20 No.1 ranking after their 45-run loss to Pakistan in the group stage but have had three resounding victories from four matches and can rise to second on the rankings with victory in Harare’s decider.

But after a period of four months without a single victory in any format, Finch said the team hadn’t put any pressure on rising up the ICC rankings.

“On this tour there’s been no talk about us having to win the tournament to become number one, it’s about winning a tournament for Australia,” Finch said.

The Australia captain’s 2018 T20 form has been sublime, amassing more than 400 runs including a mammoth 172 against Zimbabwe.

But despite his two most recent outings being well below his lofty standards, Finch remains optimistic.

“I feel like I’m playing very well at the moment, I’m not too bothered by a couple of low scores to be honest,” he said.

“T20 cricket tends to be a little high risk at the start of the innings, as long as I’m moving well and hitting the ball in the middle of the bat, I’m pretty confident.

“Hopefully I can get a few (runs) in the final.”

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aaro...tan/2018-07-07

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar has been in quality form and become a mainstay in our LOIs team.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully fakhar doesnot miss out in final

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The way he's developed under Arthur and Flower has been impressive.

Initially when we saw him in the West Indies last year he looked limited and there were worries about his abilities against pace.

Now he looks full of confidence and is hitting the ball more cleanly. If only we can groom another hard hitting opener to partner him !

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s a hack who needs all the stars to align in order to score a few runs.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The way he's developed under Arthur and Flower has been impressive.

Initially when we saw him in the West Indies last year he looked limited and there were worries about his abilities against pace.

Now he looks full of confidence and is hitting the ball more cleanly. If only we can groom another hard hitting opener to partner him !
    Are you talking about the time when he was being made into a slogger at 6?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Are you talking about the time when he was being made into a slogger at 6?
    Well we had to accomodate Shezzy and Kami...

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhar single handedly carrying Pak in this tournament

Hopefully Farhan turns into a similar player and takes some load of Fakhar

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's a hack. it's embarrassing that he's opening for us. We are finished and this is a clear sign oh yes he doesn't have charisma and communication skills which is the most important aspect of being a cricketer.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been amazing for us and by far our most impactful batsman in LOI's since his debut.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    Fakhar single handedly carrying Pak in this tournament

Hopefully Farhan turns into a similar player and takes some load of Fakhar
    Farhan is totally different to him he takes his time.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is where the danger lies for Pakistan. Somehow I feel fakhar is scoring way more runs than his skills and without a doubt he's winning matches for Pakistan, champions trophy a case in point. But if he gets found that before that world cup then Pakistan batting could really struggle. That's why I feel Pakistan might want to try out kamran Akmal and see if he has some steam left. I know most PPers dislike him but as a non Pakistani, I feel he might just work for Pakistan in the short term.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    And this is where the danger lies for Pakistan. Somehow I feel fakhar is scoring way more runs than his skills and without a doubt he's winning matches for Pakistan, champions trophy a case in point. But if he gets found that before that world cup then Pakistan batting could really struggle. That's why I feel Pakistan might want to try out kamran Akmal and see if he has some steam left. I know most PPers dislike him but as a non Pakistani, I feel he might just work for Pakistan in the short term.
    His fielding is a massive issue. Nowhere to hide in international cricket

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar and Babar are the main players in our batting lineup across formats. Both need to be groomed properly and handled with care.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistani fans are one weird bunch.. The guy is winning you tournaments and you are suggesting to bring back a proven failure like Kamran Akmal in his place??

It seems like you guys want Pakistan to fail so you can cry foul over the Internet and vent steam..

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Pakistani fans are one weird bunch.. The guy is winning you tournaments and you are suggesting to bring back a proven failure like Kamran Akmal in his place??

It seems like you guys want Pakistan to fail so you can cry foul over the Internet and vent steam..
    No one wants to replace Fakhar with Kamran lol.

They probably want to have Kamran partner Fakhar.

Our second opener position is unsettled.

Man I wish Sharjeel wasnt a fixer.

Imagine a Fakhar / Sharjeel combo in LOIs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    He's a hack. it's embarrassing that he's opening for us. We are finished and this is a clear sign oh yes he doesn't have charisma and communication skills which is the most important aspect of being a cricketer.
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

@blackanhyellow

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top guy said he wants to try kamran, he didnt say he wants to replace fakhar. If he meant that then hes lost his marbles.

The second two posts are obviously being sarcastic. There is a lot of that "fluke" talk going around PP right now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I guess all the planets, stars and moons aligned today.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was comfortable win in the end.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s the Fakhar Zaman ERA.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I guess all the planets, stars and moons aligned today.
    Good one

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an absolute superstar.No Pakistani batsman has been more impactful than him since his debut.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    And even if that were true, which it isnt, in his short career he has ended the Indian arrogance, ended the career of 2 Indian spinners in ODI cricket, won a champions trophy and has made mince meat of some very good bowlers. Please lets have more of these successful hacks.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not the perennial failure Kami. If Fakhar fails then i will live with that and like all batsman he will go through a bad spell but at this point in time he is a legend. Certainly Jadega and Ashwin will testify to that.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babajee, Khan12 are being sarcastic and the first guy is an Indian.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another "flukey" innings from Fakhar, and Pakistan win another T20 series again. Still don't deserve to be number 1 tho. ;)

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar has a better technique then people give him credit for, as an opener during the powerplay he will be effective.His shot selection is also brilliant, he reads the game and field placings well. I think he can be a real star at next years world cup.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finch post-match:

"I thought we should have got over 200 but towards the end, they bowled really well and we kept losing wickets"

"It happens in T20 cricket that you lose a bunch of wickets because you're trying to accelerate"

"I thought we started off well with the ball but lost our way in the middle, Fakhar Zaman played a hell of a knock, 90-odd in a T20 match is going to be hard to beat most times"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another top level LOs knock by one of the very best.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy could become legendary

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will probably land a BBL contract for this year. Australians are known for noticing performances against Australia.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Pakistani fan who says that is either ignorant, delusional or on some kind of hallucinogens

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Refreshing to see a Pakistani batsman who is ready to step-up on big occasions and actually play fearless cricket. We really needed someone like Fakhar since god knows how long

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on sharjeel? Him and sharjeel would be an ideal opening pair for pak.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    No one wants to replace Fakhar with Kamran lol.

They probably want to have Kamran partner Fakhar.

Our second opener position is unsettled.

Man I wish Sharjeel wasnt a fixer.

Imagine a Fakhar / Sharjeel combo in LOIs.
    Babar and Fakhar did well, I think the plan was to make Babar the opener and play the rohit sharma role or Hashim Amla role and it will work in LOIs... Mickey is going for it i think if so then it is very good for Pakistan..

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Will probably land a BBL contract for this year. Australians are known for noticing performances against Australia.
    Beat me to it !

BBL contract incoming...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Beat me to it !

BBL contract incoming...
    He'll be busy wrecking the south Africans in their backyard though!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    The top guy said he wants to try kamran, he didnt say he wants to replace fakhar. If he meant that then hes lost his marbles.

The second two posts are obviously being sarcastic. There is a lot of that "fluke" talk going around PP right now.
    My marbles are intact, of course I meant having kamran as a ready alternate by letting him play a few games alongside fakhar.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My marbles are intact, of course I meant having kamran as a ready alternate by letting him play a few games alongside fakhar.
    Thankfully, as long as Mickey is in-charge nobody is even touching Kamran Akmal with a 10 foot pole.

Guys like him have been harmful to this team for years and I'm surprised people are still pushing for his inclusion. He's nothing more than a domestic bully who will always fail on the international circuit because he doesn't have the temperament to make it. Maybe he did during his early years but like his brother that early career is now a distant memory. And there's his egregious fielding and fitness standards that he will bring into the team with him
    Last edited by UN talkz; 11th July 2018 at 12:37.