Instagram

SportsFever360

International Cricketers XI

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,012
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistan's T20I batting - Is it underrated?

    A lot has been spoken about (even in this final) that Pakistan's batting can still struggle and is the weak link of the team, however, in their last 22 completed matches (post world t20 2016) going into the tri-series, a score of 150+ was made 11 times. In fact, that number may have been higher if there were certain matches where Pakistan had not bowled out their opposition so cheaply.

    There is talk of India or England's much vaunted batting line up, but Pakistan's may just be the best. Coupled with exceptional bowling and at times, superb fielding, they are the bets side going. This is no accident, it is hard work.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    74
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it is overrated as the our batting line up is far from brilliant. Atm our best batting line up is:
    Fakhar
    Sahibzada (deserves few more chances)
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Asif
    Shadab
    Faheem

    This batting line up is unfortunately still no match for India or England. It is good but not brilliant.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,691
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no because its way to dependent on Fahkar

    We need to get another hard-hitting opener ( hopefully Farhan)

    We do that then everything looks a lot better, especially since Sarfraz has cleary improved his power hitting and due to Asif Ali's emergence


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    970
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think adds to how our bowling has been. Our bowling is our main strength, so we look to that to get our batters a suitable target. But if a score does exceed our expectations than our batters tend to look at Fakhar to set the tone. We definitely need another hitter up top to help out. Hopefully Farhan can be groomed into the pitch hitter we want teaming up with Fakhar. If not then moving Malik to No.3 isn't a bad idea either.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    3,856
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    no because its way to dependent on Fahkar

    We need to get another hard-hitting opener ( hopefully Farhan)

    We do that then everything looks a lot better, especially since Sarfraz has cleary improved his power hitting and due to Asif Ali's emergence
    Yes, its either Fakhar or bust when it comes to posting or chasing big totals.

    There is no other batsmen capable of scoring 70+ scores at a strike rate of 140+ unless Malik has a really good day.

    Basically if opposition can get Fakhar out early, chances of Pakistan chasing anything in the neighborhood of 180-200 get cut into a third.

    Luckily our bowling is decent, so we wont always be chasing mammoth totals. This team is very capable of chasing around 160 even if Fakhar gets out early.
    Last edited by blackanhyellow; 8th July 2018 at 16:11.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,762
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    I don't think it is overrated as the our batting line up is far from brilliant. Atm our best batting line up is:
    Fakhar
    Sahibzada (deserves few more chances)
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Asif
    Shadab
    Faheem

    This batting line up is unfortunately still no match for India or England. It is good but not brilliant.
    English batting has achieved nothing but bashing weak bowling units on flat pitches in meaningless matches.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,693
    Mentioned
    1421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    One area that is a strength is the depth in the batting.

    When you have guys like Shadab and Faheem at 7 or 8 then you have a lot of strength down the order.



  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,249
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem and Shadab at 7 and 8 respectively make it a pretty good batting line-up

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    74
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    English batting has achieved nothing but bashing weak bowling units on flat pitches in meaningless matches.
    True. They are clueless against spin also. But the fact of our batting line up is that it is far from perfect.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its good and does go deep, just not blockbuster - with a sharjeel type that could change.

    Convinced Malik could bat higher up if needed though - very composed these days.

    We do need another player to come on - Farhan/Asif - to Fakhar levels and SARFRAZ also needs to keep it up, good T20 player.


    SOUND the ALAM!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,693
    Mentioned
    1421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Opening batsman alongside Fakhar is still a problem though.

    Yet to be convinced by Talat at 3 also.



  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,012
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, Babar hasn't been playing, who is one of the most consistent LO batsmen around at the moment and he really is the glue that holds so many innings together (his performances against the world XI were exceptional).

    Add him into the side with a hard hitting Fakhar, Asif and Malik and the batting gets even better. It is a truly world class line up and should be appreciated as that.

    It is also important to remember that all the best T20 line ups have had 1-3 clutch batsmen, one is normally a hard hitter, the other is the glue and the final one is a mid-lower order smasher. Pak have that down to a tee.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    33,040
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since World T20 2016. The stats have been arranged by batting average.

    Do note Pakistan's win loss record, also note England's position in the table. It doesn't matter if you can smash 240 when the stars align and get dismissed cheaply all other times.

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1731
Size:  61.7 KB




    Numbers do not lie, chest-thump or have bias.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    4,029
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We are way to dependant on Fakhar.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    33,040
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^Also the above numbers show us the chasm isn't as big between Pakistan and Indian batting as made out by the Indian PP'ers on here. Like I said, numbers do not lie or have bias.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,078
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Since World T20 2016. The stats have been arranged by batting average.

    Do note Pakistan's win loss record, also note England's position in the table. It doesn't matter if you can smash 240 when the stars align and get dismissed cheaply all other times.

    Numbers do not lie, chest-thump or have bias.
    Awesome performance! How many out of these 23 wins were against top teams (Eng/Ind/Aus/SA/NZ)?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Yes, its either Fakhar or bust when it comes to posting or chasing big totals.

    There is no other batsmen capable of scoring 70+ scores at a strike rate of 140+ unless Malik has a really good day.

    Basically if opposition can get Fakhar out early, chances of Pakistan chasing anything in the neighborhood of 180-200 get cut into a third.

    Luckily our bowling is decent, so we wont always be chasing mammoth totals. This team is very capable of chasing around 160 even if Fakhar gets out early.
    I feel Sarfi has upped his game unlucky to be run out tough. Asif Ali is revelation we have Faheem and Shadab lower down has good ability to hit the ball. Hasan Ali can also hit big shots, Shoab and Babar is stabilizing factor other should play around them. I feel we have a good team except a good off spinner if we able to find one we have good competitive team.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    1,402
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am expecting that next year by this time Sharjeel Khan will be ready to return at the top and open alongside Fakhar. Babar can revert to playing 1 down.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,145
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not an underrated batting line up. It's done a decent job but let's be honest if we could take improvements over Malik,Sarfraz , and Hafeez in the batting line up we would.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    73,331
    Mentioned
    4512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    No, it is a mediocre lineup that is heavily reliant on Fakhar having a great day.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak won last 10 consecutive t20 while bowling first.
    Its also world record.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    no because its way to dependent on Fahkar

    We need to get another hard-hitting opener ( hopefully Farhan)

    We do that then everything looks a lot better, especially since Sarfraz has cleary improved his power hitting and due to Asif Ali's emergence
    We don't need another hard hitter. There should be balance approach between aggression and defence. On other end we need a consolidator or accumulator who is not eating up deliveries. There is always a risk when we have to aggressive batter with similar approach. Risk of losing both batter in power play and losing initiative. New bat will take time to settle.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One area that is a strength is the depth in the batting.

    When you have guys like Shadab and Faheem at 7 or 8 then you have a lot of strength down the order.
    Spot on, The only thing we lack in these is how to finish the game. I think by passage of time they will learn. Also they should improve their power hitting ability, Faheem is hit or mis so far. Haven't been able to convey the batting ability he posses. He's far better bat than what stats suggest in his short ODI career. I still feel Talat should be better option because of his all-round ability and looking ahead for World cup in England.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,691
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz72 View Post
    We don't need another hard hitter. There should be balance approach between aggression and defence. On other end we need a consolidator or accumulator who is not eating up deliveries. There is always a risk when we have to aggressive batter with similar approach. Risk of losing both batter in power play and losing initiative. New bat will take time to settle.
    You have consolidators in Sarfraz and Malik, Talat ain’t bad either, plus Babar will be back

    There is room for another hitter


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    5,305
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the 2nd best batting lineup after India.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,546
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Since World T20 2016. The stats have been arranged by batting average.

    Do note Pakistan's win loss record, also note England's position in the table. It doesn't matter if you can smash 240 when the stars align and get dismissed cheaply all other times.

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1731
Size:  61.7 KB




    Numbers do not lie, chest-thump or have bias.
    filter out the minnows.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    5,305
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    filter out the minnows.
    Bad luck. We’ve scored 180, 200 against NZ. 190, 184 against Australia. Chased down ~140 with ease against England.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,546
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Bad luck. We’ve scored 180, 200 against NZ. 190, 184 against Australia. Chased down ~140 with ease against England.
    i am just saying, filter out the minnows. whatever will be left will be there for everyone to see regardless.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    3,085
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    i am just saying, filter out the minnows. whatever will be left will be there for everyone to see regardless.
    Filtering it to the top seven actually hurts India- Pakistan's batting average is pretty much level. Do note Pakistan's superior's win/loss ratio.

    @Syed1 @babajee:

    Name:  2018-07-12 (2).jpg
Views: 85
Size:  31.2 KB

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,762
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistani team has consistently posted 160+ scores in T20s in all conditions. It is not an explosive batting line up but they play as a team to reach a good total most of the time.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,762
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No, it is a mediocre lineup that is heavily reliant on Fakhar having a great day.
    No, it is not reliant on Fakhar.

    Last 2 years (average/strike rate):

    Babar: 53@127
    Malik: 64@153
    Sarfraz: 30@136
    Asif: 40@160

    Fakhar: 31@144

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    33,040
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Filtering it to the top seven actually hurts India- Pakistan's batting average is pretty much level. Do note Pakistan's superior's win/loss ratio.

    @Syed1 @babajee:

    Name:  2018-07-12 (2).jpg
Views: 85
Size:  31.2 KB
    Ooops yeh tou back fire kargaya




    #Mein inko rolaonga

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    3,085
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ooops yeh tou back fire kargaya




    Looks like the neighbours have enjoyed feasting on minnows.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,546
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ooops yeh tou back fire kargaya


    Syed1, i don't care if excluding minnows hurt indias excellence. We aren't a good team in t20 bi laterals and so no use in claiming some fake claims.

    I just wanted to see from pakistan's perspective.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •