Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IPL cannot be world's greatest league without Pakistani stars in it

It had to be said in clear words by someone and it had to be Bhaijaan. There he said it.

Pakistan with 9 consecutive series wins is by far the best T20 team in the world. As long as their players do not feature in IPL it cannot claim to be the greatest league in the world. Its as simple as that.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good thread for some of you to let your fustration out on pakistan team.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could care less about IPL.

The only little bit I have ever watched are highlights of the first season when Sohail tanvir and company were playing.

But I want Pakistan and India to play in bi lateral series.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, the obsession continues...

IPL doesn't need an approval or certificate from Pakistanis. It's the best league already, not just my words, but by many cricketers, pundits, or plain economics.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by someone21 View Post
    Hehe, the obsession continues...

IPL doesn't need an approval or certificate from Pakistanis. It's the best league already, not just my words, but by many cricketers, pundits, or plain economics.
    OP is Indian

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then what is the greatest cricket league?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkckt View Post
    Then what is the greatest cricket league?
    None. Its like Messi isnt the greatest unless he wins a world cup for Argentina.

Ita a vacant position.

Once IPL ends its discrimination and opens its doors to the #1 ranked team it will instantly get the certification of approval.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    None. Its like Messi isnt the greatest unless he wins a world cup for Argentina.

Ita a vacant position.

Once IPL ends its discrimination and opens its doors to the #1 ranked team it will instantly get the certification of approval.
    IPL is the best in comparison to other leagues in the world. The only thing lacking are the Pakistani players but that's not enough for it to not be the best. IPL is more entertaining, attracts more audience and has higher quality than any other cricket league in the world which makes it the best for now

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is the best cricket t20 league in the world. Sure it would be even better with Pakistan cricketer. But India doesn't need it nor do Pakistan. Pakistan have there own T20 league and regularly feature in CPL, T20 Blast, BPL and likely the Global T20 League.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well it's not aiming to be the best, just aiming to please Indian audience and earn a lot of money. I dont think they have any bigger motive or goal than that

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is already the best league in the world, but it could have been better with a few Pakistani players. I doubt anyone will argue against that.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the TOP league. Yes, had it had few PAK players, it would have been better, but again it's what it is.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Bhaijjan guy does know how to play with Pakistan posters emotions. Other Indian posters should take a note of it.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP - What's up with you lately with all these threads?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL viewership is higher than the consolidated viewership of all the pak series like world11, windiesZ, Scotland..etc

Sooo..it doesnít make any iota of difference to the brand of IPL with or without pak players

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It had to be said in clear words by someone and it had to be Bhaijaan. There he said it.

Pakistan with 9 consecutive series wins is by far the best T20 team in the world. As long as their players do not feature in IPL it cannot claim to be the greatest league in the world. Its as simple as that.
    You do understand the meaning of the word "greatest", don't you? It means better than the rest. By far the concentration of talent in IPL is greater than any other league.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who Cares about IPL.It may be the best league but how many world cups India won after introduction of so called best league.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ita a vacant position.

"Greatest" is a relative term. Unless you can name another league, the IPL remains the greatest cricket league in the world - regardless of Pakistani (or any other nationality) cricketers playing them.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other T20 leagues donot have Indians..

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    who Cares about IPL.It may be the best league but how many world cups India won after introduction of so called best league.
    How many WCs have England won since the introduction of the EPL? It's still the biggest and greatest football league in the world. Those 2 things need not correlate.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    India won one of the two 50 over world cups that has taken place since then. World T20 isn't technically a world cup.
    Last edited by Hitman; 9th July 2018 at 16:22.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is becoming bigger and greater every year without pak involvement..so no need of pak players..also Pakistan has only recently become number 1 team..it won't be there for long and will eventually go back to basement like in Odis and tests..

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordchamp View Post
    IPL is becoming bigger and greater every year without pak involvement..so no need of pak players..also Pakistan has only recently become number 1 team..it won't be there for long and will eventually go back to basement like in Odis and tests..
    Doubt that. Pakistan is the best T20 team in the world by a margin. Nine out of eleven players are young and nowhere near their peak

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with bhaijaan on this topic, pak players should be included in ipl, but then GOI isn't allowing, so its out of question here.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I agree with bhaijaan on this topic, pak players should be included in ipl, but then GOI isn't allowing, so its out of question here.
    But ipl being the no. 1 league or not has nothing to do with pak's #1 rank. If some day pak loses its rank then?
    Its about all big team players playing together

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people so obsessed about IPL and link everything in cricket to IPL. Whether it's best or greatest or worse who cares.

Likewise, I just don't get it why some fans keep bringing in economics of IPL in discussion, it's not that IPL pay us viewers anything. Nor SRK or ambani distribute any gifts to IPL audience, so why are fans bothered about economics. IPL teams are expensive toys for 8-10 rich celebrities of India and some 100-150 players have a great time and make money during the process. Baring these 175 off people (owners + players + coach) I see absolutely no reason for fans to link the success of failure of their tournament with their own prestige. The ones who do that are fools. Most sane people don't care much about IPL, it's just a couple of months of entertainment and nothing beyond it.

When India wins then I get excited bcoz my country wins. When Mumbai Indians wins, it's not my city Mumbai that wins it's Ambanis who win and why would I care about that.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think IMO, IPL is a benchmark for success in T20s.

Let's face it. Nobody cares about T20s. It is basically a warm-up game for the extended version of T20s, i.e. ODIs.

It is great to be ranked no.1 in T20s but over the years, nobody will even remember these T20s.

If you dont play IPL, it is understandable but it is a fact that whoever plays IPL and succeed in it will get more fame, popularity, star power and charisma and T20 cricket is all about this.

You cant become critics favourite by averaging 50 in T20 if you dont average higher than that in Test cricket.

At the end of the day, T20 cricket will be remembered for the likes of Chris Gayle, David Warner, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, AB de Villiers, Shahid Afridi and Jos Buttler.

Afridi is the only exception but then there is and there will be no one like Shahid Afridi in cricket world.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do we care so much about IPL. We have PSL now which is also producing talent. IPL is by a country mile the best league in the world but that doesn't mean other teams can't be as good as India.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Well it's not aiming to be the best, just aiming to please Indian audience and earn a lot of money. I dont think they have any bigger motive or goal than that
    It is the best by a massive distance. Other leagues don't have Indian players. Just because a league doesn't have players from a certain country doesn't make it bad. I think us Pakistani fans need to accept IPL is best league and there is nothing wrong with that. Pakistan can still be as good a team as India without IPL. We just need to sort out our domestic cricket etc.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indians themselves know having Pakistani players in the IPL will make it a better league. Any league in any sport having the all the best players from the world improves it.

India wont do it because if Pakistani players shine, the extremists will hate any Pakistani being loved in India.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    I think IMO, IPL is a benchmark for success in T20s.

Let's face it. Nobody cares about T20s. It is basically a warm-up game for the extended version of T20s, i.e. ODIs.

It is great to be ranked no.1 in T20s but over the years, nobody will even remember these T20s.

If you dont play IPL, it is understandable but it is a fact that whoever plays IPL and succeed in it will get more fame, popularity, star power and charisma and T20 cricket is all about this.

You cant become critics favourite by averaging 50 in T20 if you dont average higher than that in Test cricket.

At the end of the day, T20 cricket will be remembered for the likes of Chris Gayle, David Warner, Shane Watson, Suresh Raina, AB de Villiers, Shahid Afridi and Jos Buttler.

Afridi is the only exception but then there is and there will be no one like Shahid Afridi in cricket world.
    I disagree. IPL is just a league. It allows you to develop your skills as an overseas cricketer like other leagues do. If not participating in IPL makes you a bad player then Pakistan shouldn't be number 1 atm. But they are. IPL is the best league in the world but we shouldn't hype it like it's bigger than international cricket. International cricket is still the most important thing for any mature cricketer. IPL is just a bonus in which you can earn money.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnowbasher View Post
    I disagree. IPL is just a league. It allows you to develop your skills as an overseas cricketer like other leagues do. If not participating in IPL makes you a bad player then Pakistan shouldn't be number 1 atm. But they are. IPL is the best league in the world but we shouldn't hype it like it's bigger than international cricket. International cricket is still the most important thing for any mature cricketer. IPL is just a bonus in which you can earn money.
    It will be laughable if I say this.

My point is being a great T20 player gives you fame, popularity, stardom and charisma. But it doesn't make you critics favourite unless you are also a great player in test cricket.

Windies recently won WT20s but they are still considered minnows. The Windies players wont become legends by their T20 success because they dont have a legacy in real format.

However, the only thing that T20 format adds to your CV is star power, popularity and charisma and you do get that by success in IPL a lot more than the success in international T20s.

Nobody takes international T20s seriously and nobody takes IPL seriously as well. But if you succeed in IPL, you can atleast earn that "superstar" tag which many current Windies players have earned.

Point is you dont become legend by performing in either IPL or in international T20s but you earn "superstar" tag far quickly by performing in IPL than in international T20s.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 9th July 2018 at 23:45.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By far the best players in the world other than Pakistanis play in the IPL. No other league comes close. Hardly surprising given that IPL pays the top players more than five times other leagues. It is surprising that we are even debating this.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is the top T20 league in the world and thatís mainly due to the sheer star power they bring every edition.

But Pakistani players are the top T20 players in the world.

Only ones I can think of that are not are Finch, Tahir, Kohli and Rahul.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. IPL is not the greatest league. Does it make any difference to it?

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Doubt that. Pakistan is the best T20 team in the world by a margin. Nine out of eleven players are young and nowhere near their peak
    Pakistan rightfully deserves the #1 spot, but you have to be honest with your opinion. To be the best T20 team you need to have a combination of match winners. For Pakistan, it's been only Fakhar and Malik to some extent. Pakistan bowling has been average lately.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    IPL is the top T20 league in the world and thatís mainly due to the sheer star power they bring every edition.

Both of the following are true:

1) There are many very good Pakistani T20 players, and the IPL would be a better league if they were included.

2) Among the current T20 leagues in the world (IPL, BBL, CPL, PLS etc.), IPL is the greatest.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    IPL is the top T20 league in the world and that’s mainly due to the sheer star power they bring every edition.

It's only a myth unless the stars are Gayle or ABDV. If that really mattered (star power) the franchisees would not have dropped Warner or Smith. Instead, the franchisees would have roped in the likes of Root, Amla, Steyn etc.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    It's only a myth unless the stars are Gayle or ABDV. If that really mattered (star power) the franchisees would not have dropped Warner or Smith. Instead, the franchisees would have roped in the likes of Root, Amla, Steyn etc.
    The franchises are powerful and lucrative enough to drop anyone they deem fit.

And Smith and Warner were dropped because they could not play international cricket due in part to their ban.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Psl, bbl, cpl, bpl cannot be the best league because indian players are not in them

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is like saying Cricket World Cup is not the best because it does not feature India-A, India-B, South Africa-A, Australia-A, West Indies(discarded by Board XI), Pakistan(non Political XI), England(migrants XI)etc and instead it has the weak associate teams! How about this if you understand things properly?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hardly 4-5 Pakistani players would feature if allowed that too on rotational policy! If I am correct not even 1 Srilankan player played a match in the last edition! That doesn't mean Sri Lanka is a weak Cricketing nation or there was any politics involved with them! Pakistan maybe doing well as a T20 nation, if so they can improve their own league...

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Indians themselves know having Pakistani players in the IPL will make it a better league. Any league in any sport having the all the best players from the world improves it.

India wont do it because if Pakistani players shine, the extremists will hate any Pakistani being loved in India.
    I think for once this is the right decision.

Unlike Pakistan where Indian players will be welcome with open arms, Pakistani players in India will become soft targets!

Random political outfits will threat to ban them playing in certain states/cities and they might have to miss games. Even worse there could be death threats or sums announced for their heads. Then people would ask them to confirm their loyalties, respect for random thoughts, it can go on and on!

The Governments can provide safety but no amount of armed guards can protect these players from the discrimination and small-mindedness that prevails in modern Indian society. They threw shoes at a South African players who was carrying drinks to his team mates in a Chennai game.....because the city had a water shortage! Would the PCB be really comfortable to exposing it's players to so much risk and uncertainty?!

Which professional team would take the risk of buying Pakistani players fully knowing the risks they are exposed to. This will clearly affect bids placed on them or even worse be completely ignored.

One can understand the players wanting to play in such a high profile league and benefit from the financial security it offers. But it will be a disaster and that is the truth.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree 100% bhaijaan. 3-4 years ago Pakistan had utter rubbish players and the half decent ones were chuckers But right now I think IPL has some overrated Aussie s when we really need players from Pakistan to improve the quality - fakhar, shadab,Hasan,Aamir and Shaheen should make IPL on merit. All quality players.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

Unlike Pakistan where Indian players will be welcome with open arms, Pakistani players in India will become soft targets!

Random political outfits will threat to ban them playing in certain states/cities and they might have to miss games. Even worse there could be death threats or sums announced for their heads. Then people would ask them to confirm their loyalties, respect for random thoughts, it can go on and on!

The Governments can provide safety but no amount of armed guards can protect these players from the discrimination and small-mindedness that prevails in modern Indian society. They threw shoes at a South African players who was carrying drinks to his team mates in a Chennai game.....because the city had a water shortage! Would the PCB be really comfortable to exposing it's players to so much risk and uncertainty?!

Which professional team would take the risk of buying Pakistani players fully knowing the risks they are exposed to. This will clearly affect bids placed on them or even worse be completely ignored.

One can understand the players wanting to play in such a high profile league and benefit from the financial security it offers. But it will be a disaster and that is the truth.
    They have already played ipl and the political conditions at that time were also not good.
    If political relations improve or Goi approves bilateral series than even playing in ipl won't be far fetched.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psl, bbl, cpl, bpl cannot be the best league because indian players are not in them
    Nobody is saying that they are best leagues

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

Strongly agreed. Players shouldn't be forced to play where they don't feel safe.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it is though

We need to get over it as a nation and be happy that the PSL is doing well. Not look to compete with something we cant beat or conversely cry over what ifs

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    it is though

We need to get over it as a nation and be happy that the PSL is doing well. Not look to compete with something we cant beat or conversely cry over what ifs
    Agreed.At the moment we havw no competition with IPL or any other league.We must make our product better.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    improve Indian international team is the main goal of IPL

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    By far the best players in the world other than Pakistanis play in the IPL. No other league comes close. Hardly surprising given that IPL pays the top players more than five times other leagues. It is surprising that we are even debating this.
    I think OP is pointing out that as a country Pakistan has more best T20 players than any other country

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently the IPL governing body thinks otherwise and financial statements from IPL seem to suggest otherwise. I guess they are not worried about becoming greatest league in world...just becoming profitable year after year is more than enough probably.

Besides IPL governing body has not banned franchise owners from picking Pakistani players.
    They just do not want to risk investing in players who are unreliable in terms of availability . This decision is obviously based on past experience and justifiable.
    It just plain and simple business logic and nothing personal.

However people in denial will surely cook conspiracy theories and then keep repeating it to themselves till they finally themselves believe it to be true ...all to be able to sleep in peace and that is absolutely fine. It is win -win situation.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    improve Indian international team is the main goal of IPL
    Nope. Its not and it should not be. Improving the international team is a by product of the league.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I think OP is pointing out that as a country Pakistan has more best T20 players than any other country
    As Pakistan is currently ranked #1 in T20s, it is quite possible that it has the best set of players when you consider each country individually. However, the combined total of the best players of ALL the other countries is far more than Pakistan's, and these players play in the IPL. This makes IPL the greatest league.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...PSL cannot be the greatest league without Indian players.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ipl, psl, cpl, bpl or whatever. I think every T-20 league must be banned immediately.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL is already the best league in the world. But Pakistan is the best T20 team in the world

Both are true facts.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    As Pakistan is currently ranked #1 in T20s, it is quite possible that it has the best set of players when you consider each country individually. However, the combined total of the best players of ALL the other countries is far more than Pakistan's, and these players play in the IPL. This makes IPL the greatest league.
    WI still has the best set of T20 players in the world. Shame that we hardly ever see them playing at once for some unfortunate player-board politics.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could it better with pakistani players? surely. but what league is better than the ipl these days?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Well...PSL cannot be the greatest league without Indian players.
    Even to be a decent league it has to include TOP current players from TOP nations. IPL is doing that by pulling TOP players at least from Australia, South Africa, West Indies and NZ (even England now, Sri Lanka when they are good). PSL is probably at the level of IPL 1 or IPL 2 editions where worn out players like Sunil Joshi, Sanjay Bangar, etc, played. This is just quality-wise comparison. Let's not discuss financial comparison!

In IPL even the quality & quantity of players emerging is increasing every year, also the profits are increasing! So instead of worrying about IPL's quality without Pakistan players, Pakistanis should rather worry about their own league! It looks like they can make considerable profit only if they move out of their country (Sri Lanka is also a good place to try out as they are lacking quality in their cricket of late) Only then they can attract ongoing top players from other nations, then the so-called TOP quality of their own players will come into picture when they start playing together with other TOP players from other nations, then they can reach the level of Big Bash or other leagues! (instead of mingling with inferior players & chest-thumping... It is somewhat similar to what they are doing even in International Cricket by mostly playing their best players & winning against minnows in contrast to India who generally experiment a lot in bilateral T20s!) At least give some time before making such tall claims! (when did IPL start and when Pakistan league?) Even if Pakistani players are included how many will get chance to play? (5 to 6 players scattered in all the teams! As if there are no equivalent foreign players to substitute them? In one of the match a team played with only 3 foreign players! So IPL can do well even without any foreign players in future probably! At least Pakistanis need not worry about it)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    WI still has the best set of T20 players in the world. Shame that we hardly ever see them playing at once for some unfortunate player-board politics.
    That's true... nobody else hits the ball with as much power as the WI sloggers.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's seems foolishly many users think the I in IPL, represents International. IPL isn't a world cup either, it's by the Indians, for Indians mainly. Every country sends their top talents there, but IPL aren't bound of them, and so it has a choice to stay away from Pakistan team. And it's within their rights.

Also, Pakistan players themselves have said some inappropriate things about India. So they themselves have to blame as well.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 11th July 2018 at 13:39.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Even to be a decent league it has to include TOP current players from TOP nations. IPL is doing that by pulling TOP players at least from Australia, South Africa, West Indies and NZ (even England now, Sri Lanka when they are good). PSL is probably at the level of IPL 1 or IPL 2 editions where worn out players like Sunil Joshi, Sanjay Bangar, etc, played. This is just quality-wise comparison. Let's not discuss financial comparison!

In IPL even the quality & quantity of players emerging is increasing every year, also the profits are increasing! So instead of worrying about IPL's quality without Pakistan players, Pakistanis should rather worry about their own league! It looks like they can make considerable profit only if they move out of their country (Sri Lanka is also a good place to try out as they are lacking quality in their cricket of late) Only then they can attract ongoing top players from other nations, then the so-called TOP quality of their own players will come into picture when they start playing together with other TOP players from other nations, then they can reach the level of Big Bash or other leagues! (instead of mingling with inferior players & chest-thumping... It is somewhat similar to what they are doing even in International Cricket by mostly playing their best players & winning against minnows in contrast to India who generally experiment a lot in bilateral T20s!) At least give some time before making such tall claims! (when did IPL start and when Pakistan league?) Even if Pakistani players are included how many will get chance to play? (5 to 6 players scattered in all the teams! As if there are no equivalent foreign players to substitute them? In one of the match a team played with only 3 foreign players! So IPL can do well even without any foreign players in future probably! At least Pakistanis need not worry about it)
    You wish Sunil Joshi or Sanjay Bangar were good enough to play PSL

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanveer was the biggest star of IPL 1.

If things were normal many Pakistani players by now would have been among the best all time stars.

Somebody said that IPL is not liable to rope in Pakistani players. Well it isnít but when you discriminate against one countryís players for all the wrong reasons you are only making yourself look petty and hateful.

The hate Indians have for Pakistan is very distasteful. Palistanis donít hate Indians even 1/10th of how much Indians hate Pakistan and their people.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail Tanveer was the biggest star of IPL 1.

If things were normal many Pakistani players by now would have been among the best all time stars.

Somebody said that IPL is not liable to rope in Pakistani players. Well it isn’t but when you discriminate against one country’s players for all the wrong reasons you are only making yourself look petty and hateful.

The hate Indians have for Pakistan is very distasteful. Palistanis don’t hate Indians even 1/10th of how much Indians hate Pakistan and their people.
    Bhaijaan ek Jaadu ke Jhappi dedo

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Bhaijaan ek Jaadu ke Jhappi dedo
    Bro hugs to all like minded respectful and honest posters who can appreciate talent across borders and have the spine to stand for the right.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro hugs to all like minded respectful and honest posters who can appreciate talent across borders and have the spine to stand for the right.
    Bhaijaan, there are all types of people in India. Some hate, some are neutral towards and some love Pakistan. I have seen them all. First hand experience.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Bhaijaan, there are all types of people in India. Some hate, some are neutral towards and some love Pakistan. I have seen them all. First hand experience.
    From my experience 8/10 Hindu people in India are deeply Islamophobic and hate Pakistan with passion. The liberals are a huge minority in India and are ridiculed openly by friends, relatives, colleagues and even the Indian media on live TV. Speaking for the rights of Muslims is an extreme but if you even dare to question PM Modi or BJP the overwhelming Hindu extremist majority of India starts attacking you personally, professionally, socially such is the height of intolerance in India since last 4 years under this fascist regime, a blot on the legacy of independent India.

Had I said all I have written in public in India I would have been lynched by a mob and nobody would have come in support to help me. So please donít come here and tell me there are as many good people as there are bad people in India because when a good person is isolated and attached there is no support.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From my experience 8/10 Hindu people in India are deeply Islamophobic and hate Pakistan with passion. The liberals are a huge minority in India and are ridiculed openly by friends, relatives, colleagues and even the Indian media on live TV. Speaking for the rights of Muslims is an extreme but if you even dare to question PM Modi or BJP the overwhelming Hindu extremist majority of India starts attacking you personally, professionally, socially such is the height of intolerance in India since last 4 years under this fascist regime, a blot on the legacy of independent India.

Had I said all I have written in public in India I would have been lynched by a mob and nobody would have come in support to help me. So please don’t come here and tell me there are as many good people as there are bad people in India because when a good person is isolated and attached there is no support.
    Same thing applies to Pakistani counterparts as well! It is not like 8/10 Pakistanis will come to support anybody who praises & appreciates something Indian! (Remember Kohli & Flag incident?) So its just the norm unfortunately between these two countries (so many such neighboring countries on the map share same problem!) You won't see the same with other countries (A Pakistani would wholeheartedly appreciate any sportsperson from Australia/England or anywhere. Same goes with Indians how they love ABD, Chris Gayle, etc) So don't generalize India & Indians on this case!

IPL organizers at least don't want to see any stupid incidents (in their terms) like a match being abandoned or a team is messed up with involvement of Pakistani Cricketers! They don't want to risk such things in exchange with marginal (negligible) improvement in quality of teams & so-called "talent appreciation" (do you think they even care for it?) For clean heart of Indians one can observe the amount of roar in the crowd when Wasim Akram is visible in a cricket stadium, because they don't see him as Pakistani, they see him as Proper Legend who also developed bondage with Indians!

Well Indians or even Govt. is actually not rigid about things. Pakistan was allowed to play in World Cup ODI & T20 of late (even a neutral game with other team)! We didn't do the stupid thing of boycotting & shifting those games to neutral venue (fortunately even Pakistanis had no issues playing those games, thank God!). Things will only improve even more if the tension at the border is released! You will see Indian Govt/BCCI with open arms reciprocate the interest in India-Pakistan ties! Same goes with Pakistani players playing in IPL & making money (IPL organizers will also make money as Pakistan can also become one of the prominent market to sell!) So the issues are big & complicated!