Instagram

SportsFever360

International Cricketers XI

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 109
  1. #1
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,794
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mohammad Kaif comes under fire for praising Pakistan and Fakhar Zaman



  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,794
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it has begun. The inevitable backlash for praising a player from across the border. Some people are so narrow minded that it puzzles me how blood flows through their head to begin with.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,141
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insecured Asians. Anyone who praises Pakistan is a desh drohi.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    887
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure it has to do with him being a Muslim as well. Indian Muslims always have to live with this fear of getting their nationality questioned by saffron sanghi brigade. Which is why you will notice that sometimes Indian Muslims will go out of their way to abuse or say bad things about Pakistan just to prove how patriotic they are.

    I remember when SRK supported Pakistani players in IPL, he was told to go to Pakistan and was called a Desh Drohi. There are so many examples of this.

    Feel bad for Kaif.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,513
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I am sure it has to do with him being a Muslim as well. Indian Muslims always have to live with this fear of getting their nationality questioned by saffron sanghi brigade. Which is why you will notice that sometimes Indian Muslims will go out of their way to abuse or say bad things about Pakistan just to prove how patriotic they are.

    I remember when SRK supported Pakistani players in IPL, he was told to go to Pakistan and was called a Desh Drohi. There are so many examples of this.

    Feel bad for Kaif.
    He went out of his way to praise Yogi before he even did anything, unfortunately did not gain any brownie points

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    887
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    He went out of his way to praise Yogi before he even did anything, unfortunately did not gain any brownie points
    Obviously, as an Indian Muslim you are always a suspect.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,736
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Internet is full of trolls, people hide behind anonymity and computer screen to say anythig they want which they will never be able to speak face to face..

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I am sure it has to do with him being a Muslim as well. Indian Muslims always have to live with this fear of getting their nationality questioned by saffron sanghi brigade. Which is why you will notice that sometimes Indian Muslims will go out of their way to abuse or say bad things about Pakistan just to prove how patriotic they are.

    I remember when SRK supported Pakistani players in IPL, he was told to go to Pakistan and was called a Desh Drohi. There are so many examples of this.

    Feel bad for Kaif.
    but then u should also notice that SRK became SRK because of indian fans including bhagwa brigade.
    Coming back to the topic some of our countrymen are too insecure.
    But then they would have done the same thing irrespective of religion

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    1,696
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t be alarmed by internet hate.

    In the real world no cares that he praised Pakistan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,275
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post

    nothing bad about this tweet; why so many Indians have so much hate? whats the cure?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    33,080
    Mentioned
    1463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor lad needs to beef up his home security ASAP


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,163
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should have ended his tweet with #JaiHind to avoid the backlash.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,410
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no surprises here! poor kaif,it has to do with the fact that he is a Muslim.Hatred for Muslims is real. Chalo rabb khair kare.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    3,661
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is terrible from indian fans

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone tell me where is this backlash?

    There is nothing in news. I googled it but found nothing there too. Heck people in my circle aren’t even aware of anything related to this tweet or the backlash.

    People here reacting and giving it Muslim color as if some protest is going on against Kaif.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,142
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I am sure it has to do with him being a Muslim as well. Indian Muslims always have to live with this fear of getting their nationality questioned by saffron sanghi brigade. Which is why you will notice that sometimes Indian Muslims will go out of their way to abuse or say bad things about Pakistan just to prove how patriotic they are.

    I remember when SRK supported Pakistani players in IPL, he was told to go to Pakistan and was called a Desh Drohi. There are so many examples of this.

    Feel bad for Kaif.
    Many indian hindus like priyanka chopra, Karan johar ,rishi kapoor , etc many more names have been said to go to pakistan..

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,142
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauntless View Post
    no surprises here! poor kaif,it has to do with the fact that he is a Muslim.Hatred for Muslims is real. Chalo rabb khair kare.
    If I tell you to go to pakistan ,it doesn't mean I hate you . It means I love you and want to send you to your country of your choice. And enjoy whole freedom there which you cudnt enjoy in india.
    I am not talking about kaif issue.i am just letting out this towards you.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing is we Indians on this forum are always being accused of obsession with Pakistan.

    But in reality looks like some people take this job very seriously to find anything negative (true or false) related to India day and night and post it here to score goals. Even we are not aware of any such incidents.

    Good job guys. Lage raho

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Can someone tell me where is this backlash?

    There is nothing in news. I googled it but found nothing there too. Heck people in my circle aren’t even aware of anything related to this tweet or the backlash.

    People here reacting and giving it Muslim color as if some protest is going on against Kaif.
    Really? What about this?

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/moha...ome-topstories

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    Oh i see!!!

    So Twitter trolling is Backlash!!! Sounded like some kind of protest, dharna or something like that.

    Twitter is one place where there are trolls for every damn thing.

    I’ll give you some examples-
    PM Modi posts something- Trolling starts.
    Rahul Pappu Gandhi posts something- Trolling starts.

    Heck its true for every Tom Dick and Harry who are a bit famous. So there are thousands of backlashes going on everyday. What world we’re living in.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goran View Post
    I am not defending it, but there is literally no fuss about it and no big personality has criticised him. These are just comments from general indian on twitters, on every tweet there is some indian bad mouthing, so what's so big about it.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    644
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I am not defending it, but there is literally no fuss about it and no big personality has criticised him. These are just comments from general indian on twitters, on every tweet there is some indian bad mouthing, so what's so big about it.
    Some people wants that to be big.That's why we see opportunist hyping it more than what it deserves.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Some people wants that to be big.That's why we see opportunist hyping it more than what it deserves.
    You say this, but Akash Chopra has a very similar tweet, with not a single reply anywhere close to the vitriol Kaif is getting. Any reason for this difference?
    https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/st...30204085088256

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is sad to see people venting their political frustation on a cricket forum by
    making a mountain out of mole hill.
    And the irony is that pakistan out of all nations is doing it.Cough Cough Mohd Yousuf Cough.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    You say this, but Akash Chopra has a very similar tweet, with not a single reply anywhere close to the vitriol Kaif is getting. Any reason for this difference?
    https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/st...30204085088256
    I think you haven't checked it thoroughly.
    I scrolled two times and saw nearly 3-4 tweets.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I think you haven't checked it thoroughly.
    I scrolled two times and saw nearly 3-4 tweets.
    To add to this
    I admit that there are some kattar who don't like people of other religion, but they don't represent thinking of our country.
    Btw these kind of people are found everywhere.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    1,489
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Many indian hindus like priyanka chopra, Karan johar ,rishi kapoor , etc many more names have been said to go to pakistan..
    Those are all Punjabi-Khatri names, which have roots in West Punjab (modern Pak), perhaps they'd say the same to Kohli/Dhawan if they didn't perform ?

    Looks like you're a potential traitor to India either if you're Muslim or even a Punjabi-Khatri liberal who's "pro Pak" (when they are, and too much of a word) mainly because of nostalgia/family roots.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    610
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Those are all Punjabi-Khatri names, which have roots in West Punjab (modern Pak), perhaps they'd say the same to Kohli/Dhawan if they didn't perform ?

    Looks like you're a potential traitor to India either if you're Muslim or even a Punjabi-Khatri liberal who's "pro Pak" (when they are, and too much of a word) mainly because of nostalgia/family roots.
    Really? We don't even think like that.
    Rishi kapoor, pc are all indians, u are wrong here sir.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,249
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't understand Indian fans issues. Better to be honest then be blinded by patriotism like some on this forum and the media.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Pakistani friends, since many of you are hell bent on giving this Twitter Trolling thing a religious colour,

    I can find similar stuff from Pakistan if you want. Post it here and declare that these are massive scale backlashes going on in Pakistan. Or for that matter, from anywhere in this world where this bimari of Twitter exists. Because i can bet my house that Twitter buffoons exist everywhere.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,294
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly surprising.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,078
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we really going to spend time on analyzing every troll reaction to celeb posts? These are the times we live in. Whatever celebs say, wear, think, do etc. comes under attack.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,142
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Those are all Punjabi-Khatri names, which have roots in West Punjab (modern Pak), perhaps they'd say the same to Kohli/Dhawan if they didn't perform ?

    Looks like you're a potential traitor to India either if you're Muslim or even a Punjabi-Khatri liberal who's "pro Pak" (when they are, and too much of a word) mainly because of nostalgia/family roots.
    I am also punjabi khatri. I really never thought of this angle. You are genius sir.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,498
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Are we really going to spend time on analyzing every troll reaction to celeb posts? These are the times we live in. Whatever celebs say, wear, think, do etc. comes under attack.
    This is a very common pattern. Anyone who congratulates Pakistan on anything is hated by Indians. It's not a few but this sentiment runs into the many.

    Nice of Kaif to send such a tweet.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is a very common pattern. Anyone who congratulates Pakistan on anything is hated by Indians. It's not a few but this sentiment runs into the many.

    Nice of Kaif to send such a tweet.
    Except even in everyone, Indian Muslims get more hate. Look at Chopra's tweet and compare, Kaif is getting more hate because Indians are anti-Muslim

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,498
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Except even in everyone, Indian Muslims get more hate. Look at Chopra's tweet and compare, Kaif is getting more hate because Indians are anti-Muslim
    It really isn't a secret anymore.

    What they should try to understand is cricketers are sportsmen, they recognise the achievements of others in their sport regardless of their nationality. If Kaif praises the Pakistan team, it's not because he's anti India or Pro Pakistani, it's only because he was a cricketer himself. Hopefully Indians will read this and understand.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    5,638
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Pak fans were annoyed at Sachin not congratulating the Pak team on twitter after their CT victory. Do you get the reason now? Very few Indians are broad minded when it comes to Pakistan, which is a shame really.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,223
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    And Pak fans were annoyed at Sachin not congratulating the Pak team on twitter after their CT victory. Do you get the reason now? Very few Indians are broad minded when it comes to Pakistan, which is a shame really.
    Is it a select few or the overwhelming majority?


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Except even in everyone, Indian Muslims get more hate. Look at Chopra's tweet and compare, Kaif is getting more hate because Indians are anti-Muslim
    How did you come to the conclusion of ‘more hate’? I’m genuinely curious.

    Priyanka’s tweet had 5.4k retweets and 47.4k likes whereas Kaif’s tweet had 988 retweets and 11.3k likes.

    Did you go through all the tweets to see who attracted more hate?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    5,638
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Is it a select few or the overwhelming majority?
    You might find exceptions, but most Indians aren't warm towards Pakistan at all.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Azamgarh, U.P, India
    Runs
    238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha! Kaif is darling of right wing bigots.. Lagta hai kuch bhakton ko naraaz kr diya bhai sahab ne apni is tweet se

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    508
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket-Pundit View Post
    Hahaha! Kaif is darling of right wing bigots.. Lagta hai kuch bhakton ko naraaz kr diya bhai sahab ne apni is tweet se
    That I’ll have to agree with.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    391
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably why Sachin commented on a hockey game instead of CT final last year

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,223
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Probably why Sachin commented on a hockey game instead of CT final last year
    It was even funnier because he was AT the game.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    644
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    You say this, but Akash Chopra has a very similar tweet, with not a single reply anywhere close to the vitriol Kaif is getting. Any reason for this difference?
    https://twitter.com/cricketaakash/st...30204085088256
    Ok then you should also explain why Kaif(11.4k) tweets had far more likes than Aakash(2.8k) tweet.

    Your point might still be true but those tweets doesn't prove anything.

    If you want me to state the obvious then I'm going to do it.

    Yes there are many Indians who doesn't like Pakistan and vice versa.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 9th July 2018 at 18:44.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    7
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that the people who reacted negatively to his tweet are less than 0.0001% of all Indian cricket fans. So why is this a news? . News sites make a news out of such minor things to bait for clicks. Don’t fall for it people

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    86,486
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong about what he said.

    He is making that statement as a cricketer. If someone played well , one needs to appreciate that.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    Oh i see!!!

    So Twitter trolling is Backlash!!! Sounded like some kind of protest, dharna or something like that.

    Twitter is one place where there are trolls for every damn thing.

    I’ll give you some examples-
    PM Modi posts something- Trolling starts.
    Rahul Pappu Gandhi posts something- Trolling starts.

    Heck its true for every Tom Dick and Harry who are a bit famous. So there are thousands of backlashes going on everyday. What world we’re living in.
    These are just small examples of the mindset of the bhagwa brigade which you probably support as well but don't want to admit. For me personally, this whole issue is normal and there is no big deal about it. Considering the much more serious crimes being committed against Indian muslims everyday, this is nothing. We all need to grow up and be progressive.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    10,496
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Et tu Kaif? And I thought you were one of the patriots like us.

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    13,646
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Muslims in India are in a damned if you do situation. First Mohammed Shami and now this.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    228
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Internet is full of trolls, people hide behind anonymity and computer screen to say anythig they want which they will never be able to speak face to face..
    most of the twitter accounts has their name and pics, so question of anonymity doesn't exist.
    They aren't trolling they are expressing their true feelings.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    228
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope educated and broad minded Indians aren't dismissing this as 'trolling' because it isn't.

    It seems Indians are getting less tolerant. Not a good look brother and sisters from India.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,078
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is a very common pattern. Anyone who congratulates Pakistan on anything is hated by Indians. It's not a few but this sentiment runs into the many.

    Nice of Kaif to send such a tweet.
    The population is huge. And there are people who have nothing much to do in their lives and need a reason to take out their frustrations on the internet.

    Virat had to come out recently to protest against trolling that Anushka faced. Sachin wasn't spared either for his helmet comment. These are the country's biggest stars.

    I completely avoid twitter. Useless platform with no control over the content.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 9th July 2018 at 20:16.

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,667
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure this would have gone unnoticed in india if Kaif’s name was VVS Laxman. Poor guy won’t have a career anymore..having a name like Mohammad was already bad enough in that country.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Muslims in India are in a damned if you do situation. First Mohammed Shami and now this.
    What with Shami?

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So Sachin should comment on the basis of the requirements of PPers?
    Sachin can comment on whatever he wants but people have the right to call him out for poor sportsmanship. He was at the game and commented on the hockey match but ignored the one he was at.

    Do you really think that wasn't in bad spirit? Try to answer without being a "patriot".

  57. #57
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin has praised Pakistani cricketers on Twitter a lot ,I wonder if anyone told him to go to Pakistan?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,223
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So Sachin should comment on the basis of the requirements of PPers?
    Yes.

    In fact, we tell him what to eat and drink.

    When he struggled against McGrath outside the off-stump, a handful of us where there coaching him to play with soft, not hard hands.

    Tendulkar very keenly made the diplomatic decision of not doing so when every Indian celebrity was doing just that.

    So yes, it does not “hurt” but it comes of as desperate and failed reparations, if you will.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Sachin can comment on whatever he wants but people have the right to call him out for poor sportsmanship. He was at the game and commented on the hockey match but ignored the one he was at.

    Do you really think that wasn't in bad spirit? Try to answer without being a "patriot".
    He is not part of the game anymore. He is like any other spectator. Doesnot need to comment on the game.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Yes.

    In fact, we tell him what to eat and drink.

    When he struggled against McGrath outside the off-stump, a handful of us where there coaching him to play with soft, not hard hands.

    Tendulkar very keenly made the diplomatic decision of not doing so when every Indian celebrity was doing just that.

    So yes, it does not “hurt” but it comes of as desperate and failed reparations, if you will.
    Is this an attempt at humour?

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He is not part of the game anymore. He is like any other spectator. Doesnot need to comment on the game.
    Sure, he does not need to or have to comment on the game. But you really didn't find it odd that he commented on the hockey match but ignored the game he was at?

    Also he is a cricketing legend, so obviously his actions will have more meaning and you can't compare him to a normal spectator.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Sure, he does not need to or have to comment on the game. But you really didn't find it odd that he commented on the hockey match but ignored the game he was at?

    Also he is a cricketing legend, so obviously his actions will have more meaning and you can't compare him to a normal spectator.
    He will comment on whatever he wants to. He is not playing the game so he is free to do whatever he wants. If he had refused to shake hands with a opposition player like Maxwell did when he was playing then it would have been a reason to criticise.

    But this? Its nothing. He is free to choose when he wants to comment when not. Its his FOE and liberty.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,486
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares. He praised it,its okay. Now it is their mentality and personal matter whether they like it or not. Let celebrate our victory.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,486
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    He will comment on whatever he wants to. He is not playing the game so he is free to do whatever he wants. If he had refused to shake hands with a opposition player like Maxwell did when he was playing then it would have been a reason to criticise.

    But this? Its nothing. He is free to choose when he wants to comment when not. Its his FOE and liberty.
    yea dear he is free to comment but people expect big from big players which unfortunately was missing. Otherwise it did not stop anybody from celebrating the very victory.

  65. #65
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    13,646
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    What with Shami?
    I dont know sometimes I just like to make things up to give communalists here something good to feel about themselves.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,736
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    most of the twitter accounts has their name and pics, so question of anonymity doesn't exist.
    They aren't trolling they are expressing their true feelings.
    Well maybe anonymous is a wrong word to use but let’s put it this way i can say anything on internet on twitter to Brock lesnar or Jon jones however if they are in front of me will I say bad things to their face?

    It might be true feelings or maybe trolling but since the rise of internet people have become more frustrated and spit venom online a lot more because they know there will be no backlash..

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,736
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    I hope educated and broad minded Indians aren't dismissing this as 'trolling' because it isn't.

    It seems Indians are getting less tolerant. Not a good look brother and sisters from India.

    Well I have heard a lot of anti Muslim folks in my real life but I have never seen any one of those anti Muslim people say anything to the face of any Muslim.. When they come in front of any Muslim they talk normally and act friendly behind their backs they spew venom against the community..

    India has always been like this, the Hindu Muslim divide has been always there.. Because of internet now people have a platform to show their feelings.. That is about it.. These keyboard warriors will never say anything on the face just on the internet so best to ignore them..

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    yea dear he is free to comment but people expect big from big players which unfortunately was missing. Otherwise it did not stop anybody from celebrating the very victory.
    You are right, we were expecting too much from Sachin. Like @cricketjoshila said he was there as just another spectator and acted like one as well.

    I guess since Pakistani legends like Wasim/Waqar always congratulate India on their wins, we expect others to do the same but not everyone is alike.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    yea dear he is free to comment but people expect big from big players which unfortunately was missing. Otherwise it did not stop anybody from celebrating the very victory.
    Why do you expect things from persons of foreign countries?

    Have you seen Indians complaining that XYZ player from ABC country didnot congratulate the team?
    Last edited by UN talkz; 10th July 2018 at 13:34.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    You are right, we were expecting too much from Sachin. Like @cricketjoshila said he was there as just another spectator and acted like one as well.

    I guess since Pakistani legends like Wasim/Waqar always congratulate India on their wins, we expect others to do the same but not everyone is alike.
    Wasim spent a long time earning his bread in India. Waqar too got stints in India so may be they felt obligated. Sachin has no such obligation.

    Btw we also had Pakistani players saying that WC 2011 final was fixed.

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    292
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter brings out the worst in people and shame on those who abused Kaif. But scrolling through the replies to his tweets many Indians also chastised the abusers and hate mongers, so one can't generalize a population based on a few random tweets. One thing I have noticed on PP is the generalization of Indians/Hindus based on a few random events. Criticize the offenders but don't paint everyone with the same brush.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    5,638
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Wasim spent a long time earning his bread in India. Waqar too got stints in India so may be they felt obligated. Sachin has no such obligation.

    Btw we also had Pakistani players saying that WC 2011 final was fixed.
    Basit Ali. It's hard to believe such men played cricket at the highest level for their country. But then again Basit Ali played cricket in the 90's for the Pak team. No wonder he believes anything good happening with the Indian cricket team is/was fixed.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    16,520
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is this a story on the basis of tweets on Twitter, or did something actually happen to Kaif?

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,163
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To balance it out Pakistani fans are also trolling Shoaib Akhtar for praising Rohit Sharma and India.

    https://sports.ndtv.com/england-vs-i...sharma-1880669

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    272
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTip-OneHand View Post
    How did you come to the conclusion of ‘more hate’? I’m genuinely curious.

    Priyanka’s tweet had 5.4k retweets and 47.4k likes whereas Kaif’s tweet had 988 retweets and 11.3k likes.

    Did you go through all the tweets to see who attracted more hate?
    Akash, not Priyanka

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,223
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Is this an attempt at humour?
    Of course not.

    The fact that the most popular cricketer of the prior and current generation, who thereby is a natural global ambassador of the game, refuses to congratulate the team winning an ICC Tournament after he was shown on the screen attending the game, simply because of fear of backlash of his countrymen, is not a good look.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 10th July 2018 at 13:33.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  77. #77
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Of course not.

    The fact that the most popular cricketer of the prior and current generation, who thereby is a natural global ambassador of the game, refuses to congratulate the team winning an ICC Tournament after he was shown on the screen attending the game, simply because of fear of backlash of his countrymen, is not a good look.
    Or he simply doesnot want to congratulate the Pakistan team.

    Is it hard to understand that people are not bound to congratulate a team or comment on a topic and they simply dont want to do it.Thats his decision.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 10th July 2018 at 13:33.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,223
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Or he simply doesnot want to congratulate the Pakistan team.

    Is it hard to understand that people are not bound to congratulate a team or comment on a topic and they simply dont want to do it.Thats his decision.
    I know it’s his decision.

    But when you are a bigger entity than yourself, you have to think beyond what you want to do.

    It’s like Charles Barkley saying, “Just because I dunk a basketball, doesn’t mean I should raise your kids”. While he may not like it or want to accept the burden of responsibility, the fact remained that young viewers likened him to their role model.

    It’s about the bigger picture involved and not just an “individual decision”.

    There are many other examples in cricket such as Benazir Bhutto refusing to shake the hands of Arjuna Ranatunga at the 96’ Final in Lahore.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,833
    Mentioned
    1286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    I know it’s his decision.

    But when you are a bigger entity than yourself, you have to think beyond what you want to do.

    It’s like Charles Barkley saying, “Just because I dunk a basketball, doesn’t mean I should raise your kids”. While he may not like it or want to accept the burden of responsibility, the fact remained that young viewers likened him to their role model.

    It’s about the bigger picture involved and not just an “individual decision”.

    There are many other examples in cricket such as Benazir Bhutto refusing to shake the hands of Arjuna Ranatunga at the 96’ Final in Lahore.
    Bhutto was the PM and host she not shaking hands is in poor choice.

    Sachin is not a player now.

    Its your outlook of what a Indian should do. Dont know why he should follow it.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,538
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deport the traitor now.

    He is a disgrace to India. How dare he praise even their cricketer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •