Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    I am enjoying watching England lose. Ha ha.
    I am over the moon about it. The only one amongst my friends to believe in Croatia.

Amazing turn around after England lead 1:0 after less than 5 min.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Not good enough in the end. After the first half, Croatia bossed it, Modric absolutely ran the game.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Not good enough in the end. After the first half, Croatia bossed it, Modric absolutely ran the game.
    It was Croatia’s greater experience that was very evident as the game went on.

We will be back! Hopefully.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    984 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Croatia were class for the last hour of the match. Their technical superiority could be seen with the better way they used possession, as well as their fitness.

You can't just rely on set pieces or miss glaring chances.

Southgate consoling his players is a class touch though.

Anyway who'd have thought we'd see the Checkerboard flag in the World Cup final ? It's France's to lose but hoping for an entertaining final.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    England’s best effort but not good enough in the end. Croatia deserved the win based on their performance in the second half onwards and congratulations to them. A pity that we couldn’t have a go at penalties. When Trippier went off (likely with a genuine injury) I knew that we were done.
    what is that supposed to mean? he is the one who put England up

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's why they say don't be arrogant. I was watching an English channel for this semi and the likes of Gary Neville etc were celebrating as if England have won after the first half. Never underestimate your opponent specially one that has Modric in it.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    what is that supposed to mean? he is the one who put England up
    I mean like an injury that would have surely ruled him out of the final, not just cramp or a tweak that gets better a couple of days later.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    That's why they say don't be arrogant. I was watching an English channel for this semi and the likes of Gary Neville etc were celebrating as if England have won after the first half. Never underestimate your opponent specially one that has Modric in it.
    Very true. This is what people said and also tried to explain England had an easy run but against a class team will likely come up short. But people were called hater, traitors etc lol.

Now we see the loser mentality of all being heros. Brazil and Germany do not do this, they only look to win or it was worthless.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry Kane had an unusually subdued game. They somehow managed to tame him! After the first 20 or so minutes, Croatia really bossed the play.. this was top quality football!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I mean like an injury that would have surely ruled him out of the final, not just cramp or a tweak that gets better a couple of days later.
    ok; you were sounded like he should have tried to play through the injury

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Harry Kane had an unusually subdued game. They somehow managed to tame him! After the first 20 or so minutes, Croatia really bossed the play.. this was top quality football!
    England were hurt most by Croatia's left full back (hard name to remember)... That is always a risk when you play wingback formation.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok; you were sounded like he should have tried to play through the injury
    No way he could have played on, he looked in a lot of pain.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    No plan B for England.

Didn't keep the ball well and just carried on playing it long after the first 45 minutes.

Croatia changed their tactics and were spot on with a change of approach.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah those bombing runs Croatians were making on the goal after they equalized really set the cats amongst the pigeons.. that was some relentless stuff...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3rd straight extra time game for Croatia; surely they have nothing left in tank for final now; plus France is damn fast team; I see easy win for France

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    England were hurt most by Croatia's left full back (hard name to remember)... That is always a risk when you play wingback formation.
    It was their right back and his name is Vrsaljko

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kane should have made it 2-0. Walker isn't a CB. Hopefully that is changed.

We did well to get to the semis. But we could have won today. Hopefully we'll be improve in 2020.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Yeah that's the one... thanks

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can’t blame England. They did nothing. Nothing.

Two shots on target lol.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    3rd straight extra time game for Croatia; surely they have nothing left in tank for final now; plus France is damn fast team; I see easy win for France
    They have three days to recover...

Also France have been relying on sharp counter attacking football, and are happy to sit deep, might be risky if you allow Modric to dictate.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Croatia needed 2 shoot out in previous rounds, but here they got the direct result, which probably sums up England's level. Eventually that 1-0 against England cost Belgium a WC Final spot at least, while after watching today's game, not sure if England was good enough to pass Japan!!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Actually, it indicates how good Athletico's defense is. Vrsaljko, Godin, Gimenez, Savic, Filipe Luis - add Oblak as GK ..... better than most back line in WC.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    England's best chance wa that first half. If they'd made it 2-0 then it would have been very tough even for Croatia.

But after the first half, it was all Croatia and the best team on the night won.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England started off well and they should have looked to score more goals in the first half rather than sitting on one goal lead. Early in the second half, the legs went and they looked switched off. England did not create anything from open play. I believe they need one or two creative forwards that can pick the ball up and drive with it. Croatia had more experience and they were the better team in the second half as well as in extra time. Over the course of the game Croatia also had twice as many shots on goal (22) and more possession too. Jordan Pickford's brilliant save from Mario Mandzukic was ultimately rendered futile by the same player moments later.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really upset. I wish we had took our chances, especially Kane in the 1st half when we were 1-0 up as that could have put the game to bed.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the Wngland fans will be eating ice cream at IKEA I hope.. to cool down!!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England should have wrapped up the game in the first half, credit to the croatian manager for spotting englands weakness on the flanks but despite Croatia bossing the second half and extra time, england could have easily finished the game with there one goal.

How do you let an opposing player come from behind, in the box and score, not once but twice, they were silly errors by walker and stones, walker should have been sticking a boot to such a low ball and stones was tottaly sleeping for his error.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

FIFA World Cup 2018 | July 11 | Day 26 | Discussion Thread

I really can't myself to believe that Croatia are in the world cup final! Somebody pinch me please. They looked so tired and reluctant the whole first half, and also the initial stages of the second one, but from how I observed, they looked switched on from around the 65th minute. From then on they played with the perfection of a computer. We saw the real Croatia right from the first goal. A really enjoyable match. Loved every moment of it.

Well, now then..... France are obviously the favourites and way ahead of Croatia in every aspect of the game, but anything can happen in a final; and how I`d love for that "anything" to happen!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Very true. This is what people said and also tried to explain England had an easy run but against a class team will likely come up short. But people were called hater, traitors etc lol.

Now we see the loser mentality of all being heros. Brazil and Germany do not do this, they only look to win or it was worthless.
    People deserve to be called haters and traitors when they keep making shocking generalisations and mistake arrogance for optimism, every human being has a right to cheer their team and be hopeful if you're not a human you will disagree. Only weak Indians and Canadians who don't have any football team have the loser mentality and those who are not real supporters, why should we slit our wrists when this was our best WC performance since 1990. You already accused fans of going back to criticising the team when they exit but have a problem if we show support that has been earned and showing support is not something which is done frequently and it would be a good confidence boost for this young team so people need to really get a grip especially those born here who are still hating I don't care what the weak / small foreigners say because they are just insecure about us being superior as a nation in every facet / level
    Last edited by shaz619; 12th July 2018 at 09:07.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    And some are going on like Croatia completely routed England, we were still in it till the very end and competed well with a more experienced team which had more quality yet they won in Extra Time and almost lost the game in first half.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The English nation and fans are deluded to think that they now have a good team. This is a very ordinary England team who overachieved and reached the semi-finals primarily because of their good luck in finding the other heavyweights dropping out of their side of the draw.

England managed to beat Panama, Tunisia, Colombia and Sweden - 4 average sides who will never win any tournament - and got beat to the 2 big teams they faced, Belgium and Croatia. This is delusion if they think they've made progress. Have England play against France, Spain, Germany, Brazil over a span of 10 games at an international tournament and you'll see where this England team stands.

England until and unless breeds technical and skillful players who are dead comfortable on the ball, will always continue to flatter to deceive. You are disillusioned if you believe that you are going to win the World Cup with the likes of Young, Dier, Henderson, Welbeck in your squad who have panic written all over their faces.

The only players who can come out of this World Cup with any credit are Pickford, Trippier, Maguire and Kane.

England better find 4-5 skillful players who don't fear taking on players. Ryan Sessegnon is one player who needs to be the future of English football.