Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan’s first Sikh police officer ‘thrashed, forcibly evicted’ from his house

Pakistan’s first Sikh police officer Gulab Singh Shaheen says he was forcibly evicted from his house in Lahore’s Dera Chahal along with his children and wife, following a property dispute with the government.

Taking to social media on Tuesday, Singh claims he was evicted by Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), the parent body of Sikh Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (PSGPC).

“My turban was forced open and hair was untied,” Singh says in one of the videos he shared on Facebook.

In a video, Singh can be seen pleading to police to give him ‘at least 10 minutes’ to be in the place where they have been staying since 1947.

Singh, later, told the media that ETPB secretary Tariq Wazir thrashed him.

He has also appealed to Sikhs across the world to help him and take note of disrespect to a Sikh’s hair and turban.

In 2011, Gulab Singh had filed a case against Syed Asif Akhtar Hashmi for illegal selling of the Gurudwara property. In February 2018, the Supreme Court of Pakistan held Hashmi, then Chairman of Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), responsible for illegal selling of gurudwara lands.

On the other hand, the ETPB maintains Gulab Singh had illegally occupied the ‘Langar’ Hall of Gurdwara Janum Asthan “Bebe Nanaki Dera Chahil”, which was vacated by an anti-encroachment team on Tuesday.

“After a complete inquiry, ETPB Secretary Muhammad Tariq Wazir constituted a team comprising Deputy Administrator Lahore Akram Joya, Waheed Khan, which got vacated the hall with the help of police,” the Board said in a statement, adding that the Sikh community has appreciated the ETPB step.

Evacuee Trust Property Board, established in 1960, is a statutory board of the Government of Pakistan, which administers evacuee properties and shrines of Hindus and Sikhs attached to religious, charitable or educational trusts, left behind by Hindus and Sikhs who migrated to India after 1947 partition of India.
    Link: https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/****...lahore-videos/
    Last edited by Hitman; 11th July 2018 at 10:25.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Pakistan never claimed to be secular, so I guess this is expected.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dispicable act, if true.

Seems something is not right here as the Sikh Trust not only approved but instigated this mans eviction.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shameful act.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Shameful act of his religious sensibilities were disrespected

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is extremely shameful the way he was treated

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shocking.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting.

I feel for the man.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    What a ridiculous comment. A religious state should be more respectful of other religions. There should be an immediate investigation of the police actions which Mr Singh alleges took place and they should be punished accordingly if they prove to be true.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tip of the iceberg

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Sharif's and Zardari's Roshan Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    What a ridiculous comment. A religious state should be more respectful of other religions. There should be an immediate investigation of the police actions which Mr Singh alleges took place and they should be punished accordingly if they prove to be true.
    What would you expect from them?

They're always in waiting for such news to appear and rejoice.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Disgusting.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting! Standby our Sikh brother!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Dont know about you but several posters on PP have said that since Pakistan isnt a secular state its not incumbent upon it to really respect other religions. So may be similar people are in Pakistan as well.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty shameful act I hope the perpetrators are caught and punished. Atleast you won't find Pakistanis here justifying this shameful act, a trait you find in abundance in Indians on here.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Dont know about you but several posters on PP have said that since Pakistan isnt a secular state its not incumbent upon it to really respect other religions. So may be similar people are in Pakistan as well.
    Just because Pakistan is not a secular state does not mean it must not adhere to Islamic traditions and law of respecting minorities.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is disgraceful.

But no one has clarified why the Sikh Community wanted to evict this man and his family from their own property?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't know where you heard this, I don't know of any Islamic states where they consider abuse of other religions as something which is condoned. If you can think of any examples please share so we can see if it stands up. Saudi Arabia perhaps? Iran?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrific act. What kind of animals are part of our society?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an outrage, perpetrators need to be brought to book immediately!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    respect religions vs inflict violence on them is not the same.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    That doesn't mean guys have authority to thrash anyone, and then they also don't have right to complain if events like this happens to Muslims in other countries, especially pak muslims

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    That doesn't mean guys have authority to thrash anyone, and then they also don't have right to complain if events like this happens to Muslims in other countries, especially pak muslims
    Wow. One of your own guys makes up some rubbish about it being an Islamic right to abuse Sikhs, and now you use that to justify abuse of Pak Muslims on the back of it. Nicely done!

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking to social media on Tuesday, Singh claims he was evicted by Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), the parent body of Sikh Gurudwara Prabandhak Committee (PSGPC).

^Why is everyone missing this and giving it a religious color?

Its a despicable act nonetheless.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    respect religions vs inflict violence on them is not the same.
    Once you hold them in contempt its easier to inflict violence.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Eviction includes violence?

Btw can u throw someone out without serving a notice?

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Tip of the iceberg
    What's wrong with you? This is a horrible act, no one here is defending it or making excuses but you are here celebrating and posting smileys?

@ topic, Hopefully the people who did this are given the harshest possible sentences.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize that the person you quoted is an Indian anti-Muslim troll right? Why are you using his post to justify violence against Muslims?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    1. All pak muslims cannot be generalised like this.
    2.Why should other countries follow a wrong example?
    3. World has to learn to live and let live.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    What's wrong with you? This is a horrible act, no one here is defending it or making excuses but you are here celebrating and posting smileys?

@ topic, Hopefully the people who did this are given the harshest possible sentences.
    I’m fine. I don’t know what makes you think I’m celebrating. That smiley? A smile can have many different meanings. This is not a one off incident. The situation of minorities in Pakistan is not good at all. I know it very well and hence said this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Some of you are quick to jump to conclusion about the situation of minorities in India. Actually the situation in Pakistan is far worse. While I appreciate the concern shown by many members here, you guys sitting in front of your computer and saying “oh that’s unfortunate, I feel sorry for him” isn’t going to change anything.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eviction includes violence?

Btw can u throw someone out without serving a notice?
    Did you miss the last sentence of my post?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. One of your own guys makes up some rubbish about it being an Islamic right to abuse Sikhs, and now you use that to justify abuse of Pak Muslims on the back of it. Nicely done!
    See its not the first incident remember, a old Hindu guy being beaten by cop for having food during ramzan, people do need to realize that they can't have double standards, I have seen Hindus being portrayed as villains online, being called dogs on national TV, being killed in Afghanistan being thrown out of their homes in Kashmir but I see very few or non at all talking about their rights, I don't think religion teaches hatred to anyone
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 12th July 2018 at 06:15.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

I’ve already said it twice and now it’s the third time...

This guy obviously has a dispute with his own community leaders...
    Clearly, there is something more to this.

If his turban was taken off then that is deplorable but so far all we have his word and the fact that he was in dispute with his own community..

Can someone please provide some more information and dare I say it some evidence on this.

Have the Sikh community come out in his defence? Where is the outrage from the Sikh community?
    Last edited by IMMY69; 12th July 2018 at 07:23.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    See its not the first incident remember, a old Hindu guy being beaten by cop for having food during ramzan, people do need to realize that they can't have double standards, I have seen Hindus being portrayed as villains online, being called dogs on national TV, being killed in Afghanistan being thrown out of their homes in Kashmir but I see very few or non at all talking about their rights, I don't think religion teaches hatred to anyone
    So what is your point then? The poster in question was claiming that as Pakistan was not secular, or to be more specific, an Islamic nation, that it is was with religious authority that this sikh was abused?

Are you then prepared to accept that when Hindutva mobs rampage through minority villages in India, it is due to Hindu teachings?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting act and whoever did it should be brought to justice and given a punishment.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is your point then? The poster in question was claiming that as Pakistan was not secular, or to be more specific, an Islamic nation, that it is was with religious authority that this sikh was abused?

Are you then prepared to accept that when Hindutva mobs rampage through minority villages in India, it is due to Hindu teachings?
    Hindu teachings never says about killing anyone it teaches let everyone be happy let everyone be And let everyone live peacefully, it even says let there be peace in nature, don't think any mobs go on rampage the incidents you are talking about has been reactions Gujarat riot was because of godhara muzaffarnagar was because of burnings, I am not jusfying anything all I am saying is just because one is is a Islamic country doesn't mean one has justification of humiliating someone

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hindu teachings never says about killing anyone it teaches let everyone be happy let everyone be And let everyone live peacefully, it even says let there be peace in nature, don't think any mobs go on rampage the incidents you are talking about has been reactions Gujarat riot was because of godhara muzaffarnagar was because of burnings, I am not jusfying anything all I am saying is just because one is is a Islamic country doesn't mean one has justification of humiliating someone
    Likewise, Islamic teachings don't advise to abuse minorities, so to point to one or two incidents as representative is mischievous or trolling at best, but if you want to go there, then please accept similar standards on your own side as well.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis condemn these cruel acts. We stand by our minorities and their right to practise their faith freely. It was just one incident....although one incident to many. I am not gonna justify it by saying it happens in other countries as well. The perpetrators must be bought to justice.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Pakistanis condemn these cruel acts. We stand by our minorities and their right to practise their faith freely. It was just one incident....although one incident to many. I am not gonna justify it by saying it happens in other countries as well. The perpetrators must be bought to justice.
    On other thread a Pakistani is justifying spreading islam with sword, in the name of Allah(swt). This is what creates a negative image.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On other thread a Pakistani is justifying spreading islam with sword, in the name of Allah(swt). This is what creates a negative image.
    There can be “negative image spreaders” for every sect.

It is important to distinguish their motivations, which are more often than not political, rather than buy into the propaganda.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A shameful act.

However i dont like sikhs bringing this up. When they beat up people in their strong holds they dont care about anything but when god forbid their joodi is untightened during a fight they make it an issue only if it is in a fight with a non sikh.

I grew up with sikhs. I have myself opened up many patkas in fights. Sometimes intentionally as well because that was the thing where i grew up. Sikhs kids did it to fellow kids too. We didnt accuse each other if being communal. I think its like blacks calling each other by the n word.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Was Mr Singh being asked to convert to Islam at the point of the sword in this incident?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not read anyone here supporting spreading Islam by the sword. There are many religious preachers who give their religion a bad name. Yogi Adityanath is much worse, he wants dad Muslim ladies to be raped by Hindu men!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pretty pathetic but Pak govt is a joke this type of behaviour isnt surprising for them

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not read anyone here supporting spreading Islam by the sword. There are many religious preachers who give their religion a bad name. Yogi Adityanath is much worse, he wants dad Muslim ladies to be raped by Hindu men!
    Wao when ? Source ?

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Wao when ? Source ?
    Don't know about the rape comment but he did say that if a Muslims kills one person then instead of going to the police, people should kill ten Muslims. Also said if one Hindu girl is kidnapped then to take revenge 100 Muslim girls should be kidnapped. Do you think these are not hate comments? Its shocking that a guy like this is the CM of a state in India.

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/20/...ath-incitement

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wao when ? Source ?
    Yogi adityanath did not say it himself but he was present at the public speaking event when a person (most probably one of yogi's own) said that muslim dead women should be raped by taking them out of their graves. Yogi sat there unaffected by this statement. Dont you think something is wrong here? Dont try to justify it or play with words.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yogi adityanath did not say it himself but he was present at the public speaking event when a person (most probably one of yogi's own) said that muslim dead women should be raped by taking them out of their graves. Yogi sat there unaffected by this statement. Dont you think something is wrong here? Dont try to justify it or play with words.
    Is there any video of that event? If there is, is it proved that it wasn't morphed? After it is proved that it is not morphed, is it proved that Yogi ji approved of it? Not possible that such a great thinker like Yogi ji will say or approve of any such statements.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope there is proper investigation, as far as I see no PPer has failed to condemn this incident which is good to see. I wish similar sense prevails on the ground and the guilty are punished.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I condemn this... third time i’m Doing this.

But now i’m Seriously doubting members ability to read...

So I will ask again. Why did the Sikh community want this man’s eviction and why have the community not condemned the action of removing the man’s turban? Have I missed something?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    I condemn this... third time i’m Doing this.

But now i’m Seriously doubting members ability to read...

So I will ask again. Why did the Sikh community want this man’s eviction and why have the community not condemned the action of removing the man’s turban? Have I missed something?
    Agreed. Only if the sikh community condemns the removal of the turban, only then should it be seen as wrong. Otherwise we should not jump to conclusions and wait for the development of the story.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Just go to the swat buddha thread.

Yogi Adityanath said no such thing.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So now Yogi is responsible for what someone said at a event he was attending?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So now Yogi is responsible for what someone said at a event he was attending?
    Why not? If an anonymous poster saying something about forcibly converting nations to Islam can be linked to this incident ( by you) then let the comparisons begin.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Why not? If an anonymous poster saying something about forcibly converting nations to Islam can be linked to this incident ( by you) then let the comparisons begin.
    The poster gave example of Imam Ghazali a well known persian origin Islamic scholar.Ghazali was not a anonymous unknown poster. Was he?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    The poster gave example of Imam Ghazali a well known persian origin Islamic scholar.Ghazali was not a anonymous unknown poster. Was he?
    The anonymous poster gave the example of well known Islamic scholar from 12th century, Madplayer gave example of Yogi Adityanath, a well known current minister in India. If one can be a yardstick, so can the other most definitely.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    Agreed. Only if the sikh community condemns the removal of the turban, only then should it be seen as wrong. Otherwise we should not jump to conclusions and wait for the development of the story.
    NO!
    Only the Queen has that right...

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The anonymous poster gave the example of well known Islamic scholar from 12th century, Madplayer gave example of Yogi Adityanath, a well known current minister in India. If one can be a yardstick, so can the other most definitely.
    Ghazali said it.

Adityanath has said nothing of that sort. Someone else said it. If Adityanath had said it then it would have been same.

Its different.

The world is right now suffering from extremist version of islamic ideology. The kind that says spreading islam by the sword is correct and is acceptable to Allah(SWT).

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Ghazali said it.

Adityanath has said nothing of that sort. Someone else said it. If Adityanath had said it then it would have been same.

Its different.

The world is right now suffering from extremist version of islamic ideology. The kind that says spreading islam by the sword is correct and is acceptable to Allah(SWT).
    Ok, in that case prepare for Gazwa e Hind, the Pakistani troops will be landing in Mumbai soon to plant the flag of Islam atop the fort inshallah.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wao when ? Source ?
    Well it was not Adityanath but one of his cronies. From 3.00 on wards.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=uLXYzvI_FWs

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go to the swat buddha thread.

Yogi Adityanath said no such thing.
    I double checked and stand corrected. Yogi did not say such a thing but one of his Hindu fanatic friends did. From 3.00. Yogi is there listening to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLXYzvI_FWs
    Last edited by PakLFC; 15th July 2018 at 00:59.