Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Subcontinental boards and announcing fixtures

I know the PCB is guilty of this and I've seen instances of the BCCI as well in the past. Not sure about SLC or BCB, but why is announcing the fixtures for upcoming matches such a farce?

After the Zimbabwe series, Pakistan has a two month break, after which they will play in the Asia Cup, Australia series, and New Zealand series in about a three month span.

None of which have confirmed dates or venues.

Boards like England, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand have all this laid out well in advance.

For example, the dates for the Pakistan series in December were announced in April.

I know that playing at home probably helps, but it has been confirmed that these upcoming series would be in the UAE. So what's the delay with the dates and venues?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaj kare sou kal, kal kare sou parsu...

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed this too. Pakistan don't release schedules for their home series until like 1-2 months before. Whereas other teams announce schedules months in advance. CSA announced the schedule for 2018/19 home season at the start of this year!

As for other subcontinental boards, I hadn't noticed as I don't pay that much attention to them announcing schedules but now you say it, you make a good point. If you look at some websites for India's fixtures, you can see the schedule for the Australia away series (which was announced ages ago) but still no fixtures for India's home season.

They don't do the stereotype that Asians tend to be disorganized very well!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I've noticed this too. Pakistan don't release schedules for their home series until like 1-2 months before. Whereas other teams announce schedules months in advance. CSA announced the schedule for 2018/19 home season at the start of this year!

As for other subcontinental boards, I hadn't noticed as I don't pay that much attention to them announcing schedules but now you say it, you make a good point. If you look at some websites for India's fixtures, you can see the schedule for the Australia away series (which was announced ages ago) but still no fixtures for India's home season.

They don't do the stereotype that Asians tend to be disorganized very well!
    It would have been great if they actually announced schedule 1-2 months ago, Pak announced SL series schedule last year 9-10 days ago(SL had even named Test squad) and for domestic tournaments they announce schedule 2 days ago.

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always irritating when we get so close to a series to announce dates for it. I mean it won't do any harm for PCB is they tell the fans the schedules before hand.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    And then PCB complain about dwindling attendances at the grounds - if the dates/times were advertised in advance then fans can plan ahead for the event.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really hope the schedules come out soon as I am planning a trip to both UAE and Pakistan and just waiting for the schedule in order to purchase flight tickets...

Pakistan Zindabad!