Instagram

SportsFever360

International Cricketers XI

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2018 World Cup final?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • France

11 73.33%
  • Croatia

4 26.67%
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

France vs Croatia - Who will win the 2018 World Cup final?

France will start as heavy favourites but a team with the likes of Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic and Lovren (just kidding) can't be taken lightly.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I give him a lot of stick as an LFC fan but Lovren had Kane in his pocket tonight.

Rooting for Croatia but France should have too much quality.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2-0 France

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    France.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be France

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France but everyone said that in the Euro 2016 final where they were the home team as well yet lost 1-0 to Portugal!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crotia
    No specific reason but i root for them

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if France lose this they should take the choker tag from South African cricket team. They should have won the Euro 16 final ve Portugal and should win this aswell comfortably.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know France will win but I want Croatia to win. And i hope they do what Pakistan did in CT.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia is winning this, mark my words.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Backed France after the group stages and have seen nothing to make me change my mind.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France. Croatia aren't anything special.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While France, to a certain degree, have been clinical throughout this WC, Croatia have been gritty and have often came from behind to win close nerve wrecking games. France will start as favourites but donít count Croatia out just yet.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I think, Euro 2016 was an eye opener for Deschamps- his team dominated 120 minutes, then conceded the only goal of the game against a CR less Portugal, what was probably their 1st or 2nd shot on target. He had learned his lesson and made this team rock solid at back (Varane missed Euro just before 1st game which didnít help) & he is playing lot more safety first game, with a Kante at the middle of his plan. Otherwise, on individual skill level, Dembele, Fekir, Lemar, Martial or Coman are not far behind Mbappe!!! DD didnít even pick the last 2, neither Lecazzeette & Benzema.

France doesnít have any injury issues, they had one more day to rest before final and they finished 3 KO games comfortably inside 90 minutes; Croats had 2 days less in KO stage, 1 less between SF-Final & they played all 3 KO games for 120 minutes - itíll be tough for this aged squad to match the power & speed of France. Might enjoy better possession in early stages for their midfield, but if in 2nd half France unleashes their speed merchants, Croatia will struggle.

Itís a mix feeling for me, just like the Belgium game. For a country of 3.5mn population, this was a golden generation of Croatian soccer. Most of their players come from top clubs, and most of them will play their last World Cup (may be international) on Sunday - they deserve something. France will come back in 2022 again among favourites, but Croats might struggle even to qualify for Qatar with 1 less slot for UEFA.

If they are to win, it has to be inside 90 minutes - they wonít be able to contain this France in extra 30 minutes. In SF, England had 6 defensive players at the start of extra time - then & then I called that the game wonít go to shoot out. Soaking up pressure for 120 minutes isnít going to work against this France.

Donít back Croatia to score against that back line covered by Lloris, Kante & Pogba; but you never know - itís a WC final, anything can happen on the day, for a team having Luka Modric.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    France are favourites but Im backing Croatia. It would be amazing if they won their first world cup.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    France should win this.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, Euro 2016 was an eye opener for Deschamps- his team dominated 120 minutes, then conceded the only goal of the game against a CR less Portugal, what was probably their 1st or 2nd shot on target. He had learned his lesson and made this team rock solid at back (Varane missed Euro just before 1st game which didnít help) & he is playing lot more safety first game, with a Kante at the middle of his plan. Otherwise, on individual skill level, Dembele, Fekir, Lemar, Martial or Coman are not far behind Mbappe!!! DD didnít even pick the last 2, neither Lecazzeette & Benzema.

France doesnít have any injury issues, they had one more day to rest before final and they finished 3 KO games comfortably inside 90 minutes; Croats had 2 days less in KO stage, 1 less between SF-Final & they played all 3 KO games for 120 minutes - itíll be tough for this aged squad to match the power & speed of France. Might enjoy better possession in early stages for their midfield, but if in 2nd half France unleashes their speed merchants, Croatia will struggle.

Itís a mix feeling for me, just like the Belgium game. For a country of 3.5mn population, this was a golden generation of Croatian soccer. Most of their players come from top clubs, and most of them will play their last World Cup (may be international) on Sunday - they deserve something. France will come back in 2022 again among favourites, but Croats might struggle even to qualify for Qatar with 1 less slot for UEFA.

If they are to win, it has to be inside 90 minutes - they wonít be able to contain this France in extra 30 minutes. In SF, England had 6 defensive players at the start of extra time - then & then I called that the game wonít go to shoot out. Soaking up pressure for 120 minutes isnít going to work against this France.

Donít back Croatia to score against that back line covered by Lloris, Kante & Pogba; but you never know - itís a WC final, anything can happen on the day, for a team having Luka Modric.
    I have similar thoughts on this game. I donít see Croatia matching France for pace and power, but France have the pontential to shoot themselves in the foot if they give Modric and Croatia too much time on the ball.

I actually think France and underselling themselves. Instead of hitting teams on the counter and producing defensive masterclass, they can control the game much better.

Giroud and Matuidi are restricting the team. Deschamps needs to unleash Mbappe and Dembele on the flanks with Griezmann up top.

Pogba should be given a free role because he is not disciplined enough to perform a specified role, but his tremendous ability can shine through when given the license to show flair.

Behind Pogba, their midfield base should be Tolisso who is the only French CM who can control the tempo of the game and keep possession, with Kantť to do the dirty work as usual.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I think France will win it but it will be a close game.

Croatia are a brilliant team but I feel that France just have the edge.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Croatia

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could argue Croatia have had an easy run in. A weak group with a spent force (Argentina), and facing Denmark, Russia and England. France have had to beat Uruguay and Belgium to get this far. My money is on France.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    France gonna win. If I'm wrong I pay all you a million.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have similar thoughts on this game. I donít see Croatia matching France for pace and power, but France have the pontential to shoot themselves in the foot if they give Modric and Croatia too much time on the ball.

I actually think France and underselling themselves. Instead of hitting teams on the counter and producing defensive masterclass, they can control the game much better.

Giroud and Matuidi are restricting the team. Deschamps needs to unleash Mbappe and Dembele on the flanks with Griezmann up top.

Pogba should be given a free role because he is not disciplined enough to perform a specified role, but his tremendous ability can shine through when given the license to show flair.

Behind Pogba, their midfield base should be Tolisso who is the only French CM who can control the tempo of the game and keep possession, with Kantť to do the dirty work as usual.

That will be the formation after Sundayís final. Deschamps had been in charge for 6 years and all these years Giroud & Matuidi had been his most trusted player.

Actually, France has so much riches that you can make 2 XI that might end in WC SF!!!!! If one of England & Sweden can make it....

In 4231 formation, put this team

Aroela
    Sidebe, Kempenge, Langlet, Mendy
    Rabiot, NíZonzi
    Martial, Payet, Coman/Lemar
    Lecazzette

Comfortably will beat England!!!!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C r o a t i a

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Croatia to win because of Modric,as well as the underdog factor.But I feel that France will win the gameon the counter.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That will be the formation after Sunday’s final. Deschamps had been in charge for 6 years and all these years Giroud & Matuidi had been his most trusted player.

Actually, France has so much riches that you can make 2 XI that might end in WC SF!!!!! If one of England & Sweden can make it....

In 4231 formation, put this team

Aroela
    Sidebe, Kempenge, Langlet, Mendy
    Rabiot, N’Zonzi
    Martial, Payet, Coman/Lemar
    Lecazzette

Comfortably will beat England!!!!
    Whats the fascination with Anti-England posts on this forum, Before the columbia game, almost 80% people in the thread pridicted Columbia to win, now they claim that England never had a good side to challenge them. IF they had beaten Croatia it would have been the same story for you guys,

your talking about frances second 11 but there best 11 couldnt beat a very rubbish Portugal without Ronaldo and that too in a final, so get a grip of yourself.

This England phobia is becoming abit disturbing.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Whats the fascination with Anti-England posts on this forum, Before the columbia game, almost 80% people in the thread pridicted Columbia to win, now they claim that England never had a good side to challenge them. IF they had beaten Croatia it would have been the same story for you guys,

your talking about frances second 11 but there best 11 couldnt beat a very rubbish Portugal without Ronaldo and that too in a final, so get a grip of yourself.

This England phobia is becoming abit disturbing.
    Nothing against England - in fact for Liverpool & EPL, I am more close to English soccer than French team.

But, in last few days, what British media and arrogant English supporters have done backing their average team was nauseating. In fact, as I read some England fans/hooligans had a go at the French supporters on the night of 1st SF, before the finals against ............England.

Colombia game was officially drawn, so 80% weren't wrong actually. If James was fit, that 80% would have been 100%, excluding England fans - remember, Colombia was missing James Rodriguez, not James Milner.

England came, because they made SF, nothing else. In a given day, any team can lose to another team at highest level; but France made back to back Finals of EURO & WC, which indicates their bench strength and depth.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Belgium were a tougher opponent for France i think and they beat them quite comfortably. But you never know last time Germany were on a roll after the 7-1 hammering of Brazil in semi final and were far superior to Argentina yet the way that match went it they could jabe2 easily ended up on the losing side had Higuain not been such a fool. The game has such thin margins at times and Croatia will be looking to make one of them count in their favour because France clearly has the squad and the form to win it with ease.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    France will most likely win but I’m hoping it’ll be Croatia

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3