Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win the third-place play-off for the 2018 World Cup?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Belgium

6 85.71%
  • England

1 14.29%
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Belgium vs England - Who will win the third-place play-off for the 2018 World Cup?

Replay of the group stage match which Belgium won 1-0.

Who will get the moral victory?

Belgium should triumph again IMO.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    3rd-4th play-off often becomes high scoring, as stakes are low and both teams are down in spirit, waiting for their flight back home. I can recall, most teams actually book flight in Saturday night and watch the Final back home

I expect a royal hammering of England from a heart broken Belgium side, who might pick England to dish out some frustration. Several Belgium players are going to play their last world cup, probably last International - and they must have realized, that 1-0 cost them a WC Final at least; should have drawn the game and finish 2nd.

4-1 Belgium for me; at least 2 goals clear margin. That FTB Lukaku to score a brace, if not a hat-trick.
    Last edited by MMHS; 12th July 2018 at 03:53.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously would like England to win, voted for Belgium but the reality is I don't care about this match. Waste of time.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Belgium I think. They have a couple of really inventive players such as Hazard and de Bruyn that England lacks, and without the pressure of winning I would think they would shine.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    despite being a third place match, i feel both teams will put up a good fight, but i think Belgium will come on top

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny match this one because both teams ended there group stage playing a meaningless match, now they will end there WC in the same way.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Belgium should win this.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belgium. I feel England will be more upset not making the final.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belgium will win.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The group game between Belgium & England hardly tells the story. Belg back-ups beat England back-ups in a close game; but that hardly exposes the gap between two sides.

That day ENG started with -
    Pickford, Jones, Stones, Cahill, TAA, Cheek, Dier, Delph, Rose, Rashford & Verdy

While Belgium started with -
    Courtois, Vermalen, Boyata, Dendonker, Dembele, Fellaini, Throgan Hazard, Chadli, Telemens, Batsuayi, Januzaj

Difference is, this England team doesn't have that outstanding individual (s), that Belgium has - Southgate got the best out of his average squad playing collectively good soccer; but you replace any player in that XI including Kane, it hardly makes better. Does it really make much difference, if I replace Jones & Cahill with Walker & Maguire? Or Tripper, Henderson, Young, Ali, Sterling, Kane for the starters?.

Compared to that, Belgium has few individuals, who are far better in skill - their ceiling is much higher. Replace Belgium starters (where applicable) with Kompany, Alderwield, Vetronghen, Munier, Hazard (Eden), KDB, Carrassco, Witsel, Mertens & Lukaku .........

These days, International soccer is too close - 2-0 actually is a domination, 3-0 is rout; game has moved from the fantasy days where you can dream of putting ball to Pele's foot and he'll dribble past 12 players to score ........teams (even Asians) are far more tactical, compact and organized - Korea kept desperate Germany at bay for 90 minutes at then hit back on break; therefore for such a low stake game, any prediction is risky. But, in a 4231 formation, you ask me, 2 England players will start for my combined team - Kiren Tripper, that too because he scored a goal, on sure soccer merit, he doesn't come ahead of Munier at RB, and Kane because he is going to win the softest Golden Boot ever (& Lukaku had a poor game in SF)

1 Courtois
    4 Tripper, Kompany, Alderweild, Vetrongen
    2 Witsel, Chadli
    3 Mertens, KDB, Hazard
    1 Kane

It's not even a remote contest - but it's the most useless game of a WC, so anything can happen on the day.
    Last edited by MMHS; 13th July 2018 at 20:43.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5-2 Belgium

Debut
    May 2014