User Tag List

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What took so long for Netflix to capture the Indian market?

Was it just everything falling into place or that Netflix finally decided to take a leap of faith and invest in good directors like Anurag Kashyap ? Just binge watched Sacred Games and it was so good. I loved that they finally didn’t have to think about censorship or have to worry about adding warning titles on one corner for “smoking is bad “ every time a smoking scene was shown. Hope to see more or less of the same great content with other shows.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaking into the Indian market isn't easy in India. I'm sure they must've been planning to make original programming for the Indian market but I'm glad they waited for this long. Naqazuddin Sidiqui and Saif Ali Khan are big names, and it's good that the first Indian netflix special went for the big guns as opposed to settling for mediocrity. Well done netflix.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    They wanted to capture the developed world first

North American subscriptions are stagnating and I'm guessing same in Europe (?) - in addition to content saturation - so naturally the next step would be to tap in the vast Indian market along with rest of developing world