Instagram

An evening with Shahid Afridi and Younis Khan

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 87
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Where do Yadav-Chahal rank among the most lethal spin-bowling duo in LOI cricket ever?

    Itís been roughly an year since India replaced Ashwin and Jadeja in LOI cricket with the more attacking wrist spin of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzuvendra Chahal.

    So far they have contributed heavily to Indiaís wins and scripted a unimaginable 5-1 win in South Africa, a place where India never even won a series let alone winning with a huge margin:

    I donít know how many wicked they have between themselves during this whole but they seem lethal.

    Where do they rank among the most dangerous combinations unleashed in LOI a cricket?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,546
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too early to rank them or compare but yes they are good as of now delivering victories

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,848
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bhaijaan has jinxed it now


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are going to cause some damage. Below are a couple of reasons.

    Countries like Australia, SA, England and NZ do not play spin well. Specifically when it comes to wrist spin. They will cause havock against these teams.

    West Indies is in shambles and will be eaten alive.

    The only challengers I feel are SL and Pakistan. SL do not have the same ability. India does not play Pakistan that much but still our new players are no where the class of Yousuf, Younis and Inzi to play spin.

    They might not be the most dangerous but will probably end up with the most wickets due to other countries incompetence against spin.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ good points in the above post.
    At the moment, Indiaís toughest opponent is Pakistan.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    They are going to cause some damage. Below are a couple of reasons.

    Countries like Australia, SA, England and NZ do not play spin well. Specifically when it comes to wrist spin. They will cause havock against these teams.

    West Indies is in shambles and will be eaten alive.

    The only challengers I feel are SL and Pakistan. SL do not have the same ability. India does not play Pakistan that much but still our new players are no where the class of Yousuf, Younis and Inzi to play spin.

    They might not be the most dangerous but will probably end up with the most wickets due to other countries incompetence against spin.
    Sounds like a valid reason until you check how Pakistani or Sri Lankan spinners have performed against these sides. Can you remind what havoc spinners caused last time these sides played Asian teams?

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,284
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Chahal is good, but Yadav is something special.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aazhar View Post
    ^ good points in the above post.
    At the moment, India’s toughest opponent is Pakistan.
    India's toughest opponent lost 5-0 to NZ? Why didn't the spinners cause havoc? What were their stats like?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,691
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep is a match winner

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,424
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    India's toughest opponent lost 5-0 to NZ? Why didn't the spinners cause havoc? What were their stats like?
    Poster is talking about Pakistan's ability to play spin better than non-Asian sides. Poster didn't talk about Pakistani spinners. Pakistani batsmen are not gun players of spin, but relatively they will play spin better than most non-Asian sides. Point was spot on.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Muscat,Oman
    Runs
    1,089
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will be put in their place once they face Pakistan just like the so called letha duo of Ashwin-Jadeja.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    India's toughest opponent lost 5-0 to NZ? Why didn't the spinners cause havoc? What were their stats like?
    The read post again.

    Pakistan is india’s biggest opponent because of Pakistan’s ability to play spin better than other teams. NOT because of Pakistan’s spinners. Lost to NZ was not due to NZ spinners. If you can’t understand the difference, you are a gone case.

    In any case, an 8th ranked team beat india by 180 runs not so long ago. So 5-0 to NZ or rankings etc doesn’t matter as much.

    Much more importantly, try to work on your ability to correctly comprehend language. It will help you in your life.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 12th July 2018 at 14:51.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Sounds like a valid reason until you check how Pakistani or Sri Lankan spinners have performed against these sides. Can you remind what havoc spinners caused last time these sides played Asian teams?
    Shadab Khan troubled them in champions trophy. Ben Stokes who is probably the most destructive hitter in the word could not score against him and Pakistanis slower bowlers. Over here hes batting at a poor strike rate again.
    The problem with Pakistan is that their batting is not strong. Same with SL. What we also need to realise is when countries like NZ, SA, AUS and ENG play Pakistan and Srilankan spinners, they know they can milk them for 10-0-30-1 and still win the match because both teams have poor batting. Same is the case with Bangladesh. But when these same team play Kuldeep and Chahal , they know that they can not score 30-1 of 10 overs against indias spinners because unlike other asian teams, Indian batting is very lethal. Therefore because of the pressure of Indias batting strength and the fact they are so good when it comes to chasing targets, these countries try to attack their spinners and end up losing wickets, just like how morgan got out today. nothing special ball from chahal, but knowing if they do not get 300+, India will chase the target 8/10

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Poster is talking about Pakistan's ability to play spin better than non-Asian sides. Poster didn't talk about Pakistani spinners. Pakistani batsmen are not gun players of spin, but relatively they will play spin better than most non-Asian sides. Point was spot on.
    I addressed one his reason for why they are causing damage.

    Countries like Australia, SA, England and NZ do not play spin well. Specifically when it comes to wrist spin. They will cause havock against these teams.
    All these sides have played spinners from all teams, so have they taken same damage against all? I mentioned other two Asian sides because they are also supposed to have good spinners.

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,944
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rashid Khan and Mujeeb to me are as lethal as Kuldeep and Chahal.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol OP is getting a little too excited. Wristspinners are the way to go in ODIs so they will pick up wickers for sure, but Chahal is nothing special in ODIs. Kuldeep is a grade above but much depends on how he adapts his game once the surprise factor is gone, especially against teams who are decent against spin.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,848
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fineline View Post
    They will be put in their place once they face Pakistan just like the so called letha duo of Ashwin-Jadeja.
    The only time Ashwin/jadeja were "put in their place" was in CT 2017 final. Most of the time they choked your batsmen in both ODI's and T20's


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,976
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I havent seen them play but going on the recent series they have played in, the reports ive read and stats Ive got to say they look right up there. I'm glad somebody in the India think tank has finally realised that india's traditional strength is qualtiy spin and good batsmen, with a good medium pacer(s) backing up the spinners.

    Pakistan have a brand of cricket that defines them, reverse swing at pace and a good leggie with some (little bit airy fairy risk taking) batsmen..

    Indias brand is strong and steady batsmen who can hit big runs and deadly spinners that can really do yur head in and should be unplayable on spinning pitches..

    I grew up watching Maninder singh, shastri kumble etc and trust me I used to glad when one of our batsmen would score runs against these guys..bedi, chandrasheker etc should be the template for all Indian teams..this dalience with extremem pace is unrealistic in a country like India...get a decent medium pacer who can hit teh occasional 90mph and get your spinners in there..nobody plays spin well anymore..

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    The only time Ashwin/jadeja were "put in their place" was in CT 2017 final. Most of the time they choked your batsmen in both ODI's and T20's
    "Only time" is underselling it. That mauling ended their ODI careers.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,848
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    "Only time" is underselling it. That mauling ended their ODI careers.
    Perhaps but finger spinners will get a mauling in LO's every now and then especially when you don't chuck. Check their records against PAK in ODI's and T20's.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    "Only time" is underselling it. That mauling ended their ODI careers.
    You are making it seem like they went for a 100 runs or that India conceded 440 that day. 340 is a great total for a tournament final but a regular total these days on flat pitches. Good teams learn and come up with new strategies. Ashwin , Jadeja are still quality LOI spinners but India's realized wrist spin is a more attractive option.

    Also conceding runs isn't even the reason to do away with off spinners, they were sidelined because of the lack of wickets. The wrist spinners go for a lot more runs than finger spinners but they are always wicket taking options.

    I fear the opposite that how Kohli and co will cope with the pressure when these wrist spinners get hammered by good players of spin. Would they look to bring the Ashwin/Jadeja back then or would play brave and stick to the wrist spinners.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I havent seen them play but going on the recent series they have played in, the reports ive read and stats Ive got to say they look right up there. I'm glad somebody in the India think tank has finally realised that india's traditional strength is qualtiy spin and good batsmen, with a good medium pacer(s) backing up the spinners.

    Pakistan have a brand of cricket that defines them, reverse swing at pace and a good leggie with some (little bit airy fairy risk taking) batsmen..

    Indias brand is strong and steady batsmen who can hit big runs and deadly spinners that can really do yur head in and should be unplayable on spinning pitches..

    I grew up watching Maninder singh, shastri kumble etc and trust me I used to glad when one of our batsmen would score runs against these guys..bedi, chandrasheker etc should be the template for all Indian teams..this dalience with extremem pace is unrealistic in a country like India...get a decent medium pacer who can hit teh occasional 90mph and get your spinners in there..nobody plays spin well anymore..
    Lol,as if pakistani pacers right now are much better than indian.Every team in our domestic circuit has a couple of bowlers bowling 140 plus.Bumrah-Shami -Bhuvi with umesh and ishant reserves are among the best in world cricket.We bowled out SA in SA every innings.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    You are making it seem like they went for a 100 runs or that India conceded 440 that day. 340 is a great total for a tournament final but a regular total these days on flat pitches. Good teams learn and come up with new strategies. Ashwin , Jadeja are still quality LOI spinners but India's realized wrist spin is a more attractive option.

    Also conceding runs isn't even the reason to do away with off spinners, they were sidelined because of the lack of wickets. The wrist spinners go for a lot more runs than finger spinners but they are always wicket taking options.

    I fear the opposite that how Kohli and co will cope with the pressure when these wrist spinners get hammered by good players of spin. Would they look to bring the Ashwin/Jadeja back then or would play brave and stick to the wrist spinners.
    Big difference between a JAMODI and a tournament final.

    You can give all the reasons you want but the cold hard fact is Pakistan ended both of their careers.

    It took India being thrashed in the final for the management/captain to belatedly swallow their pride and include wristspinners. Better late than never I suppose.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,968
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Lol,as if pakistani pacers right now are much better than indian.Every team in our domestic circuit has a couple of bowlers bowling 140 plus.Bumrah-Shami -Bhuvi with umesh and ishant reserves are among the best in world cricket.We bowled out SA in SA every innings.
    In ODIs India's bench strength is weak for pacers, whilst Pakistan's bench strength for pacers is very strong.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,650
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to see, they're producing havoc even on England pitches. Maybe it's the new trend we'll see, teams playing 2 spinners in ODIs instead of a proper 3rd pacer. Non-South Asian teams tend to struggle against spin more than pace. Of course though it's easier for India to do this who have lots of good spinners to choose from, when most countries struggle to get one good one.

    Might even be worth Pak to try this strategy. We're struggling with finding a good 3rd pacer, and we already have Fahim in the side. Maybe 2nd spinner is better option than the 3rd pacer for us. Most sides seem to struggle to face spin more, so possibly if you had two of the same standard of pacer and spinner, opposition would find the spinner harder to play.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,924
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez-Ajmal-Afridi was better.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    1,005
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Big difference between a JAMODI and a tournament final.

    You can give all the reasons you want but the cold hard fact is Pakistan ended both of their careers.

    It took India being thrashed in the final for the management/captain to belatedly swallow their pride and include wristspinners. Better late than never I suppose.
    The career of pakistan's greatest ever spinner ended in a 10 times more pathetic way. That's why you show such arrogance.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,169
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 very good spinners. Too early to rank them yet.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,161
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chahal is an okish bowler nothing special about him
    Kuldeep is special first saw him in under 19 world cup (iirc 2014) always knew he was special
    i can see us losing the first game vs india in asia cup due to KY but the next time (in super 4s and final) we probably will play him better and can win .

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Hafeez-Ajmal-Afridi was better.
    Two of them had illegal actions.So, a big NO.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,844
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not convinced by Chahal yet.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    4,673
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too early to even compare them to anyone


    ĒPCB chairmen are complex. They are airdropped from Mars."
    Shoaib Akhtar


  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helped destroy South Africa in South Africa, and now things looking good for England. So far, they have exceeded all expectations.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Hafeez-Ajmal-Afridi was better.
    They were amazing indeed.

    How many think they were better?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,110
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yadav is a genuine match winner, no doubt about it.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,848
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Hafeez-Ajmal-Afridi was better.
    Yeah but two-day event of them were chuckers. Without chucking they would have got smashed.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,013
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Hafeez-Ajmal-Afridi was better.
    Two chuckers plus a minnow basher. No thanks.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,724
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Two chuckers plus two minnow basher. No thanks.
    Corrected.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,540
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Chahal is mediocre. Kuldeep is the real deal though.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,222
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Chahal is mediocre. Kuldeep is the real deal though.
    Chahal's stats are really good. But he is in Kuldeeps shawdow.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,540
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Chahal's stats are really good. But he is in Kuldeeps shawdow.
    When you see both play, you can clearly see Kuldeep is miles ahead already. Chahal seems like a support bowler, who will grab 1-2 wickets from time to time, whereas Kuldeep has the ability to rip through sides, as he did today.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,222
    Mentioned
    1396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    When you see both play, you can clearly see Kuldeep is miles ahead already. Chahal seems like a support bowler, who will grab 1-2 wickets from time to time, whereas Kuldeep has the ability to rip through sides, as he did today.
    In his short 50 match LOI(T20 plus ODI) career he has taken one 6 for one 5 for and three 4 fors. Thats a pretty good i say. Ofcourse he is no Kuldeep. Kuldeep is exceptionally talented.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    When you see both play, you can clearly see Kuldeep is miles ahead already. Chahal seems like a support bowler, who will grab 1-2 wickets from time to time, whereas Kuldeep has the ability to rip through sides, as he did today.
    Utter nonsense.

    Chahalís record so far is about as good as Kuldeepís.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,540
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Utter nonsense.

    Chahal’s record so far is about as good as Kuldeep’s.
    Just wait 1 year.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    606
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    Chahal is an okish bowler nothing special about him
    Kuldeep is special first saw him in under 19 world cup (iirc 2014) always knew he was special
    i can see us losing the first game vs india in asia cup due to KY but the next time (in super 4s and final) we probably will play him better and can win .
    Kuldeep and Chahal, are they as good as Ajmal or Afridi in their prime too soon to say. Need to see them in more matches... It could be a matter of time before they get found out.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,424
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How many matches they have bowled together so far?


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,499
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    How many matches they have bowled together so far?
    In T20 and ODI

    23 innings 103 wickets (57 kuldeep, 43 chahal)

    Kuldeep 14.49 avge 5.48 ER 15.8 SR
    Chahal 18.76 avge 5.57 ER 20.1 SR

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    19,424
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    In T20 and ODI

    23 innings 103 wickets (57 kuldeep, 43 chahal)

    Kuldeep 14.49 avge 5.48 ER 15.8 SR
    Chahal 18.76 avge 5.57 ER 20.1 SR
    Very good record so far, but taking T-20+ ODI and sample size is only 20 odd matches so far. They need to play more.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    22,976
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Lol,as if pakistani pacers right now are much better than indian.Every team in our domestic circuit has a couple of bowlers bowling 140 plus.Bumrah-Shami -Bhuvi with umesh and ishant reserves are among the best in world cricket.We bowled out SA in SA every innings.
    I dont think those guys are international quality..whether you like it or not India's strength has always been her spinners..why is that a bad thing? I Dont underrstand the obsession with finding 90mph bowlers? are you guys so mired in an inferiority complex with other nations about pace? i mean you do produce good pace bowlers e.g. kapil,srinath, yadav kumar bumra, zaheer khan..etc..but a good Indian attack has to have two good spinners..

    I think these two lads look good plus you have ashwin too thats three top class spinners..reduces the need for pacers , you need two and you should unleash them..most other teams cant play spin..you guys will be unbeatable of you can get these guys bowling in tandem!!!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep yadav is indeed a special talent. I remember him from U-19 world cup where he picked up many wickets. On the other hand yuzvendra is not any good he is really average.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I dont think those guys are international quality..whether you like it or not India's strength has always been her spinners..why is that a bad thing? I Dont underrstand the obsession with finding 90mph bowlers? are you guys so mired in an inferiority complex with other nations about pace? i mean you do produce good pace bowlers e.g. kapil,srinath, yadav kumar bumra, zaheer khan..etc..but a good Indian attack has to have two good spinners..

    I think these two lads look good plus you have ashwin too thats three top class spinners..reduces the need for pacers , you need two and you should unleash them..most other teams cant play spin..you guys will be unbeatable of you can get these guys bowling in tandem!!!
    You are living in the past.We bowled out SA in SA in every innings and will do a number on eng as well.Spinners are our traditional strength and we will get them almost automatically,now with pace bowling culture cominng up we will be all round strong as a bowling outfit.Every domestic outfit has 2 140 plus guys and this has mainly to do with the change in pitches after 2011 humiliation.Our pace attack is going nowhere,get used to it.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    You are living in the past.We bowled out SA in SA in every innings and will do a number on eng as well.Spinners are our traditional strength and we will get them almost automatically,now with pace bowling culture cominng up we will be all round strong as a bowling outfit.Every domestic outfit has 2 140 plus guys and this has mainly to do with the change in pitches after 2011 humiliation.Our pace attack is going nowhere,get used to it.
    Indian team has bowlers bowling at 125 kph average speed and you are talking about every domestic team having 140kph bowlers lol.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to play more (at least 50 matches) before you can make these statements. And play against full-strength opposition. Same reason that I don't annoint Fakhar or Shadab as greats as the sample size is small, and against some poor opposition. I believe they have it to be great, especially Kuldeep. The question is whether his slower pace through the air might eventually be his downfall; I almost feel like he's suited to bolwing on faster decks than the slower one's in the subcontinent even though he get's more spin in the latter! Weird statement to make about a spinner.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,603
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yadav has played 20 odd matches and Indians are talking or ranking with greats of all time.

    He is a very good spinner but nothing more.

    I've heard this before with the likes of Mishra and Chawal who looked great at the start but turned out to be average.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Yadav has played 20 odd matches and Indians are talking or ranking with greats of all time.

    He is a very good spinner but nothing more.

    I've heard this before with the likes of Mishra and Chawal who looked great at the start but turned out to be average.
    Mishra or Chawla never had a run like this.

    India are liyerally stream rolling every team coming their way with these 2 wrist spinners.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Indian team has bowlers bowling at 125 kph average speed and you are talking about every domestic team having 140kph bowlers lol.
    Yup,the bowlers are there,whether cpt kohli and his cheerleader coach pick them or not is other question.Bumrah,Shami,Ishant,Umesh are all 140 plus when fit,even bhuvi is 135.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Yadav has played 20 odd matches and Indians are talking or ranking with greats of all time.

    He is a very good spinner but nothing more.

    I've heard this before with the likes of Mishra and Chawal who looked great at the start but turned out to be average.
    They never went to SA and england and crushed them there like this guy is doing.He will be an ATG no doubt.What most people don't get is that kudleep is NOT a 'mystery' spinner with a specific mystery ball.He is a classical leg spinner,only left arm.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who exactly is the 125 kph avg speed guy in Indian team? Even Sid kaul can touch 140.Check the speeds registered by Indians in IPL , you will know how things have changed.
    Even a state like Kerala ,who were minnows in cricket recently ,has two 140 plus bowlers in their ranks with Basil Thampi and KM Asif.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,602
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Who exactly is the 125 kph avg speed guy in Indian team? Even Sid kaul can touch 140.Check the speeds registered by Indians in IPL , you will know how things have changed.
    Even a state like Kerala ,who were minnows in cricket recently ,has two 140 plus bowlers in their ranks with Basil Thampi and KM Asif.
    T20 cricket speeds mean nothing. India has only produced 3 genuine speedsters this decade. Varun, Yadav and Ishant. Rest are all trundlers.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,460
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    You are living in the past.We bowled out SA in SA in every innings and will do a number on eng as well.Spinners are our traditional strength and we will get them almost automatically,now with pace bowling culture cominng up we will be all round strong as a bowling outfit.Every domestic outfit has 2 140 plus guys and this has mainly to do with the change in pitches after 2011 humiliation.Our pace attack is going nowhere,get used to it.
    Wonder why Siddharth Kaul gets picked if there are 140+ kph bowlers in every domestic team

  61. #61
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,942
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am not convinced of India's pace bowling strength and not really impressed with Chahal but I have to agree that thew way Kuldeep Yadav has helped India in SA and now in Eng, I dont remember many spinners playing main role in their team wins and that is also in overseas conditions in ODIs.

    Yadav will help India win Eng ODI series as well if Eng batsmen dont pick him again in the 2nd ODI.
    Last edited by Titan24; 13th July 2018 at 21:31.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Wonder why Siddharth Kaul gets picked if there are 140+ kph bowlers in every domestic team
    Because of good IPL.He has some variations like knuckle ball which work well in T20s.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,603
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Mishra or Chawla never had a run like this.

    India are liyerally stream rolling every team coming their way with these 2 wrist spinners.
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    They never went to SA and england and crushed them there like this guy is doing.He will be an ATG no doubt.What most people don't get is that kudleep is NOT a 'mystery' spinner with a specific mystery ball.He is a classical leg spinner,only left arm.
    The pitch he played on taking 6 v England had purchase and some of the shots were very poor by England bats.

    What is he like on glass, a pitch which has no purchase? e.g some pitches in Aus etc?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    491
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I dont think those guys are international quality..whether you like it or not India's strength has always been her spinners..why is that a bad thing? I Dont underrstand the obsession with finding 90mph bowlers? are you guys so mired in an inferiority complex with other nations about pace? i mean you do produce good pace bowlers e.g. kapil,srinath, yadav kumar bumra, zaheer khan..etc..but a good Indian attack has to have two good spinners..

    I think these two lads look good plus you have ashwin too thats three top class spinners..reduces the need for pacers , you need two and you should unleash them..most other teams cant play spin..you guys will be unbeatable of you can get these guys bowling in tandem!!!
    Itís not about obsession with fast bowlers itís identifying your weakness and working to improve it. Without fast bowlers we can never win in conditions which favor seam and bounce. You need 20 wickets to win a test match and spinners donít get that on all surfaces.

    Also you seem to be stuck in the past. Do you think Pakistan should stop investing in players like Babbar Azam because he is not the airy fairy player like Afridi?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Wonder why Siddharth Kaul gets picked if there are 140+ kph bowlers in every domestic team
    Because he has wickets to support. Varun Aaron is India's fastest bowler ever but even Bangladeshi batsmen had murdered him. Skills matter more than pace.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    T20 cricket speeds mean nothing. India has only produced 3 genuine speedsters this decade. Varun, Yadav and Ishant. Rest are all trundlers.
    Lol.Shami was bowling 90 mph in the last SA Test match without breaking a sweat. Looks like you dont watch much cricket and still stuck in 90's.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    The pitch he played on taking 6 v England had purchase and some of the shots were very poor by England bats.

    What is he like on glass, a pitch which has no purchase? e.g some pitches in Aus etc?
    Lol, its one of flattest roads ever on planet with the England smoking Australia just recently. And even in the same match, India were cruising and taking Rashid to cleaners.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    While I am not convinced of India's pace bowling strength and not really impressed with Chahal but I have to agree that thew way Kuldeep Yadav has helped India in SA and now in Eng, I dont remember many spinners playing main role in their team wins and that is also in overseas conditions in ODIs.

    Yadav will help India win Eng ODI series as well if Eng batsmen dont pick him again in the 2nd ODI.
    Watch how we bowled in SA as a team and then you will come to know how much we have improved.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,460
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Because he has wickets to support. Varun Aaron is India's fastest bowler ever but even Bangladeshi batsmen had murdered him. Skills matter more than pace.
    Yes. But your friend above is more content with having 140+ kph fast bowlers in every domestic team, rather than appreciate the fact that you have two world-class leg-spinners spearheading this bowling attack right now

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,603
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Lol, its one of flattest roads ever on planet with the England smoking Australia just recently. And even in the same match, India were cruising and taking Rashid to cleaners.
    I never said it wasn't a good batting pitch but it did have turn in it. All spinners found turn.

    Are you saying he can turn the ball on any surface?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  71. #71
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I never said it wasn't a good batting pitch but it did have turn in it. All spinners found turn.

    Are you saying he can turn the ball on any surface?
    Yes, he can and so do most of the wrist spinners who put plenty of revs into the ball.The difference is that he is bloody accurate and his left arm angle is novel to the batsmen.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Yes. But your friend above is more content with having 140+ kph fast bowlers in every domestic team, rather than appreciate the fact that you have two world-class leg-spinners spearheading this bowling attack right now
    Well, I think his comment was a response to Great Khan wondering why Indians are after 90 mph bowlers.We always had good spinners but fast bowlers were a rare commodity.And as Pakistani you should be knowing that there is nothing better in cricket than watch a fast bowler in full flow.
    We never had this many guys bowling fast in domestics ever and even many are able to up their pace like Bhuvi, Bumrah ,Pandya and even Chahar.So its natural for us to get excited after being at the receiving end for so many years.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,603
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Yes, he can and so do most of the wrist spinners who put plenty of revs into the ball.The difference is that he is bloody accurate and his left arm angle is novel to the batsmen.
    Let's wait and see him in Australia, NZ and some of the pitches in SA and England earlier in the year.

    There have been plenty of emerging players who have been put on a pedestal but remember in time batsmen adapt, work out their strengths etc. To claim he is one of the most lethal spinners in LOI's only having played 20 odd games is delusional imo.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,768
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    T20 cricket speeds mean nothing. India has only produced 3 genuine speedsters this decade. Varun, Yadav and Ishant. Rest are all trundlers.
    India has 3 out the top 10 average fastest bowlers in last 5 years in tests.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    656
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    The pitch he played on taking 6 v England had purchase and some of the shots were very poor by England bats.

    What is he like on glass, a pitch which has no purchase? e.g some pitches in Aus etc?
    First pitches in south africa had purchase,now same excuse in england.Same pitch where adil rashid and ali did nothing and england scored 400 3 weeks ago.Kuldeep grew up playing on concrete pitches as he said,if he can get spin in those surfaces soil pitch is easy.We have an ATG i'm declaring it.You guys can bump it later to my embarassment if i'm wrong.But what this guy is doing i have never seen any spinner do since warne.
    Last edited by austerlitz; 14th July 2018 at 00:49.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Let's wait and see him in Australia, NZ and some of the pitches in SA and England earlier in the year.

    There have been plenty of emerging players who have been put on a pedestal but remember in time batsmen adapt, work out their strengths etc. To claim he is one of the most lethal spinners in LOI's only having played 20 odd games is delusional imo.
    He already ran through SA in SA on pitches 'early' this year.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,273
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep Yadav is a good spinner and an exciting prospect for India. Chahal on the other hand is okay and has room for improvement. Yadav is special though.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,308
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep has a higher ceiling than Chahal.

    I would say it's safe to assume he is the best LOI spinner in the world right now.


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,768
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Kuldeep has a higher ceiling than Chahal.

    I would say it's safe to assume he is the best LOI spinner in the world right now.
    Rashid Khan is the best LOI spinner right now.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    1,535
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    they are just Lucky that there are no genuine batsmen left who plays spin well. In this era hardly any team plays spin better apart from India Or pakistan. And India is too scared to play Pakistan.
    Other wise Chahal doesnt even make A team forget about playing for India.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •