Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chelsea FC | 2018/19 Season

Antonio Conte is no longer Chelsea head coach, according to Sky in Italy.

Conte, who now appears to have left Stamford Bridge after two years in charge, led Chelsea to Premier League title glory in a successful first season at the helm.

His second campaign proved far less harmonious, however, and although they lifted the FA Cup in the spring, they could only finish fifth in the Premier League.

Conte is now understood to have left his post with 12 months remaining on his contract, with Maurizio Sarri set to take over from his Italian compatriot at Chelsea.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis announced on Wednesday that "Sarri is close to being new Chelsea manager. My lawyers are in talks with his lawyers to finalise everything."

Chelsea are yet to make a move in the summer transfer market, with uncertainty over their management team delaying their dealings.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...sea-head-coach

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company.

During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories.

We wish Antonio every success in his future career.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...-antonio-conte

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awful statement by CFC.

Conte should not have been sacked.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maurizio Sarri says he wants to bring "entertaining football" to Chelsea after becoming their manager on a three-year deal.

The 59-year-old replaces fellow Italian Antonio Conte, who was sacked on Friday after two years at Stamford Bridge.

Sarri led Napoli to two second-place finishes in his three seasons in charge of the Serie A side, who named Carlo Ancelotti as his successor in May.

"It is an exciting new period in my career," said Sarri.

"I hope we can provide some entertaining football for our fans and that we will be competing for trophies at the end of the season, which is what this club deserves."

He is the 13th managerial appointment by Blues owner Roman Abramovich since his takeover of the club in 2003, including Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink on two occasions.

Sarri's appointment had been widely expected, with Chelsea agreeing compensation to bring him to Stamford Bridge because he had two years left on his Napoli deal and had remained on the Italian club's payroll after Ancelotti's arrival.

Read the full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44825638

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Conte treated slightly harshly but if it's true he has fallen out with most of the players, their isn't anyway back for him. Chelsea aren't going to get rid of 10 plus players so Conte had to go even though I would have stuck with him if I was Chelsea.

Sarri will play attacking football. Chelsea will certainly be more entertaining . He has never won a trophy with a major side and is an older manager so they are 2 concerns that I have .

Chelsea also aren't major spenders anymore. They will sell players before they buy big. Expecting Hazard and Courtious to leave. It's going to be extremely tough to replace Hazard.

A transitional period awaits Chelsea.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Chelski just sell Real Courtois, Hazard and have all the fun with Sarri.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willian says he intends to stay at Chelsea and confirmed Barcelona made a bid to sign him.

The Brazil winger, 29, has been at Stamford Bridge for five years but was linked with a move away this summer.

Speaking after the 2-0 Community Shield defeat by Manchester City, he told ESPN Brasil: "I always made it clear that what I wanted was to stay in the club.

"The only club I knew that really made an official offer for me was Barcelona."

He has also been linked to Manchester United and Real Madrid - who are also reportedly interested in Blues duo Thibaut Courtois and Eden Hazard.

Willian added: "I have my head here and I intend to continue in the club unless the club wants to sell me."

New Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has only signed two players this summer - Napoli midfielder Jorginho and back-up goalkeeper Rob Green.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45084608

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thibaut Courtois: Chelsea goalkeeper misses training amid Real Madrid speculation

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, did not report for training with the Premier League club on Monday.

And it is understood the Blues do not know when the 26-year-old Belgium international will return.

Courtois has been a Blues player since 2011, when he signed from Belgian club Genk and was loaned to Atletico Madrid.

Chelsea winger Eden Hazard has also been linked with Real, but did attend training with the Blues on Monday.

Courtois was named best goalkeeper at this summer's World Cup in Russia, where Belgium beat England in the third-place play-off.

He has played 154 times for Chelsea, keeping 58 clean sheets and conceding 152 goals.

Speaking on Friday, new Blues manager Maurizio Sarri said he was unsure whether Courtois would stay.

He said: "At the moment Courtois is the goalkeeper of Chelsea. I don't know in the future. It depends on the club, it depends especially on him, but I hope Courtois will be our goalkeeper."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45091008

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Chelsea agree world record £71.6m fee to sign Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga

Chelsea have agreed to pay a world record £71.6 million to replace Thibaut Courtois with Athletic Bilbao's goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga.

With Courtois trying to force a move to Real Madrid by going AWOL, Chelsea have taken drastic action by paying Kepa’s Athletic Bilbao buy-out clause ahead of Thursday’s Premier League transfer deadline.

The deal, which has been greeted by widespread astonishment, will also shatter Chelsea’s record that had stood at £57m for striker Alvaro Morata, who joined from Real last summer.

The path of Courtois to Real is set to be further smoothed by the Liga club’s willingness to send midfielder Mateo Kovacic on a season-long loan to Chelsea.

Along with Kepa, Kovacic is expected in London to complete a pre-deadline switch to Chelsea in what constitutes a frantic end to the transfer window.

Spanish sources claim 23-year-old Kepa will fly to England at around 10am on Wednesday morning, having travelled to Madrid on Tuesday in preparation for his switch.

Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri would not be drawn on the future of Courtois and would only go as far as confirming he rates Kepa highly after watching his team win their final friendly of pre-season on penalties against Lyon.

Asked if Courtois will now join Real, Sarri said: “I don't know. But I think I am here just to talk about this match and the first question was about Courtois. I don't know at this moment. I want to speak with my club. Then, all together, we'll decide about it.”

On Kepa, he added: “I saw him one year ago [when I was at] Naples and my first impression was he was a very good goalkeeper. Very young, but very, very good.”

One player Sarri was more forthcoming on was Eden Hazard, who made an appearance as a 68th-minute substitute and struck the winning penalty after 38-year-old Rob Green had saved from Lyon’s Pape Cheikh Diop.

Hazard has assured Chelsea he will continue to give his all for the club, despite being denied a move to Real.

“I don't see this problem in this moment,” said Sarri. “I have spoken with Eden two or three times in the last two days. He has spoken of everything. I think this problem, the Hazard problem, is not present now.”

Hazard wore the captain’s armband, even when Gary Cahill and Cesar Azpilicueta were introduced late in the game and Sarri did not rule out the prospect of the forward becoming his full-time skipper.

“We have to discuss about it,” said Sarri. “We want to speak with all the players. I want to speak with my staff and my club, and at the end, I will decide. I think I have to decide when I know better every player.”

The Kepa deal will eclipse the £66.8m Liverpool paid Roma to make Alisson Becker the world’s most expensive goalkeeper in July. The Brazilian had been Chelsea’s first-choice target to replace Courtois, but, at that time and with other targets still to land, the Blues were unwilling to enter an auction.

But with time running out to replace Courtois, Chelsea were not in a strong bargaining position and had to move quickly and decisively to make sure they do not go into the new season without a top-class replacement.

Kepa almost moved to Real for just £18m in January, but the deal was blocked by former manager Zinedine Zidane and Athletic offered the player a new long-term contract, which increased his buyout figure to £71m.

The decision to spend so much money on Kepa represents a gamble on Chelsea’s part, as he has only got one Spanish international cap and has no experience outside his home country.

He joined Athletic at the age of 10, was part of the Spain squad that lost to Germany in the final of the Under-21 European Championship in 2017 and was also part of the senior squad at the 2018 World Cup, alongside David De Gea and Pepe Reina.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport, Courtois attempted to force Chelsea’s hand by going AWOL on Monday and the Belgian also failed to appear at their Cobham base on Tuesday.

Chelsea contacted Courtois to request that he returns on Wednesday to explain his absence, but there has been no indication that he plans to do so and his £35m move to Real should now go through.

Courtois had indicated a willingness to sign a new £200,000-a-week contract with Chelsea in December last year, but subsequently stalled on putting pen to paper and decided he wanted to leave.

Real are prepared to allow Kovacic, who himself skipped a training session with the Spanish club, to join Chelsea on a season-long loan on the proviso they get Courtois.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...oalkeeperkepa/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of him tbh.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thibaut Courtois has completed his transfer to Real Madrid.
    The move brings to an end to his four-year spell as Chelsea’s first-choice goalkeeper, a period in which he won four major honours with the Blues.

The Belgian departs Stamford Bridge having helped us lift two Premier League titles, one FA Cup and one League Cup. On an individual note, Courtois picked up the Premier League’s Golden Glove award at the end of the 2016/17 title-winning season after keeping 16 clean sheets.

Courtois initially moved to Stamford Bridge from Belgian side Genk in the summer of 2011, before spending three seasons on loan at Atletico Madrid, where he gained regular first-team football and was part of a team that won a number of trophies, including the La Liga title in 2014.

It was following that particular success he returned to Chelsea, ahead of our Premier League-winning 2014/15 campaign, with then-manager Jose Mourinho making him first choice ahead of the long-serving Petr Cech.

He enjoyed a wonderful 2016/17 campaign as we won the Premier League title for the second time in three years, with his quality and consistency a crucial factor in the 13-game victorious run which went a long way to helping us cement our position at the top of the table.

His 16th clean sheet of the campaign, which earned Courtois the Golden Glove, arrived on at the Hawthorns as the Blues were crowned champions courtesy of his Belgian team-mate Michy Batshuayi’s winning goal. Unfortunately, though, the Double proved elusive as we were beaten by Arsenal in the FA Cup final, with Courtois starting in the 2-1 defeat.

It was fitting that the Belgian’s final Chelsea appearance ended with him picking up another winner’s medal - and keeping another clean sheet - as we made up for the previous season’s disappointment by lifting the FA Cup courtesy of a 1-0 win over Man United, which landed the stopper his fourth major trophy with us.

Courtois departs Stamford Bridge having made 154 appearances for the club, keeping 58 clean sheets. He has played an important role in the club’s success, and we wish him the best of luck for the future.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...urtois-departs

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arsenal

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    100% record intact

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri believes his side are "closer than I thought" to Liverpool after both teams maintained their unbeaten starts to the Premier League season with a draw at Stamford Bridge.

The Italian, appointed in the summer, thinks Liverpool and leaders Manchester City are "one step ahead" of his side as their managers have been in place longer, but said he is "starting to think" they can bridge that gap in one season.

Having beaten Liverpool 2-1 in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday, the Blues have now faced them twice in four days without losing.

They are third in the table, two points behind Jurgen Klopp's side and defending champions City, who are top on goal difference.

"There are six or seven top teams here who are among the best in Europe, not just in England," he said. "It's not easy to get into the Champions League.

"We have to try to stay very close in the table with the top-level teams. And we have to try to improve more."

Eden Hazard's 25th-minute strike, driven low past Alisson, had threatened to be his second match-winner of the week against Liverpool.

The Reds wasted a host of opportunities before Daniel Sturridge curled a magnificent shot into the top corner from 25 yards to rescue a point in the 89th minute.

Klopp was pleased with the striker's contribution but felt his side should have taken more from the game.

"What a spectacular football game," he said. "We had many chances and played fantastic football.

"Getting a point at Chelsea is always a good result but if we play like that, we will win plenty of games."

The best goals-per-minute record in the league - Sturridge renaissance continues
    Why both managers can be happy...
    Sarri and Klopp smiled and embraced warmly at the final whistle of a high-class encounter that left them with mixed emotions.

Sarri will have been disappointed to see Chelsea concede so late but will have taken much pleasure from aspects of a performance that confirmed they have the qualities to remain in the race at the top of the Premier League this season.

With this result on the back of the Carabao Cup in midweek, Sarri can look back on a highly satisfactory start to his Chelsea reign.

Klopp will feel the negative of the end of Liverpool's 100% start to the Premier League season - but he can reflect on a performance that resulted in so many chances created on opposition territory against a team they will rightly regard as close rivals in pursuit of the title.

He would have shaken his head in disbelief had Liverpool left Stamford Bridge empty-handed given the golden opportunities they let slip through their grasp. Liverpool, no matter how late they left it, deserved their point.

In the final reckoning, however, both Chelsea and Liverpool remain unbeaten with five and six league wins respectively - although the sight of City above them even after that superb opening is an ominous one.

Sturridge's spectacular late equaliser was another reminder that beneath the injury problems and time on the sidelines lurks arguably England's most naturally gifted striker.

The last time he played at Stamford Bridge was on 12 January during a miserable loan spell with West Bromwich Albion. He limped off with a hamstring injury after only four minutes and did not play a full game for the rest of the season.

This was a different story.

Liverpool had tried just about everything and missed all manner of chances when Sturridge, with as much nonchalance as brilliance, looked up and sent a 25-yard finish in an arc past the stretching Kepa.

Sturridge combines athleticism and in-bred goalscoring instinct, as he proved with his bicycle kick in midweek, and would be a certainty for Gareth Southgate's England squad if he could string together a sequence of games.

As Sturridge walked off, taking the acclaim from Liverpool's fans, he cut a stark contrast with Salah, who did not last much longer than an hour against his former club and continues to struggle for form.

Mo Salah
    Mo Salah had more shots than anyone else at Stamford Bridge
    It is hardly crisis time for the Egyptian, who was never likely to repeat his 44-goal feat of last season, but he looks low on confidence - although he possesses such quality it is surely only a matter of time before he returns to his best.

Salah had three opportunities in the first half, with one finish weak and another wayward before he was denied by Antonio Rudiger's superb goalline clearance.

It simply was not his day, a fact accepted by Klopp as last term's talisman was removed and replaced by Xherdan Shaqiri midway through the second half.

Hazard, as he had at Anfield in midweek, threatened to be the difference between two very good teams as he punished Liverpool once more when he raced away and finished across Alisson in the first half.

He is, without argument, in the highest echelon of players in the world and his quality was reflected in the reaction of Klopp on several occasions when his side presented possession to the Belgian in dangerous positions.

Each time, Klopp clasped his hands to his Liverpool cap in a mixture of exasperation and anxiety, already well aware of the damage Hazard can do.

Put simply, if Hazard continues this form, Chelsea and Sarri have every chance of challenging for honours this season.

A draw was right - what they said
    Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri: "I am really happy with the performance. We are improving match by match. We played against a top-level team and we played very well with quality and intensity.

"The draw is the right result."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "We had chances and we played fantastic football. I love to win, but getting a point at Chelsea is good anyway.

"I know we deserved that point at least so I'm happy with that."

Liverpool strong at Stamford Bridge - the stats
    Chelsea have won only two of their past nine home Premier League games against Liverpool (W2 D3 L4).
    Liverpool remain unbeaten in their opening seven matches of a Premier League season for the first time since 2008-09.
    Hazard is the Premier League's top scorer this season with six goals - he has scored those from just nine shots on target.
    Liverpool have only conceded two first-half goals in their past 13 Premier League matches - both at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea.
    This was the 38th home Premier League game that Hazard has scored in - he has never ended on the losing side in any of those games (W34 D4 L0).
    Sturridge has scored 17 Premier League goals as a substitute - only Olivier Giroud (19) and Jermain Defoe (24) have scored more.
    Sturridge is the seventh player to score 50 Premier League goals for Liverpool, after Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard, Michael Owen, Luis Suarez, Fernando Torres and Dirk Kuyt.

What's next?
    Chelsea welcome Hungarian champions MOL Vidi to Stamford Bridge in the Europa League on Thursday (20:00 BST), then travel to Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday (14:15).

Liverpool visit Napoli in the Champions League on Wednesday (20:00) before welcoming Premier League champions Manchester City to Anfield on Sunday (16:30).

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45610323

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)