Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maurizio Sarri appointed new Chelsea manager [Update Post #4]

Antonio Conte is no longer Chelsea head coach, according to Sky in Italy.

Conte, who now appears to have left Stamford Bridge after two years in charge, led Chelsea to Premier League title glory in a successful first season at the helm.

His second campaign proved far less harmonious, however, and although they lifted the FA Cup in the spring, they could only finish fifth in the Premier League.

Conte is now understood to have left his post with 12 months remaining on his contract, with Maurizio Sarri set to take over from his Italian compatriot at Chelsea.

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis announced on Wednesday that "Sarri is close to being new Chelsea manager. My lawyers are in talks with his lawyers to finalise everything."

Chelsea are yet to make a move in the summer transfer market, with uncertainty over their management team delaying their dealings.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...sea-head-coach

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company.

During Antonio’s time at the club, we won our sixth league title and eighth FA Cup. In the title winning season, the club set a then-record 30 wins in a 38-game Premier League season, as well as a club-record 13 consecutive league victories.

We wish Antonio every success in his future career.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/20...-antonio-conte

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an awful statement by CFC.

Conte should not have been sacked.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maurizio Sarri says he wants to bring "entertaining football" to Chelsea after becoming their manager on a three-year deal.

The 59-year-old replaces fellow Italian Antonio Conte, who was sacked on Friday after two years at Stamford Bridge.

Sarri led Napoli to two second-place finishes in his three seasons in charge of the Serie A side, who named Carlo Ancelotti as his successor in May.

"It is an exciting new period in my career," said Sarri.

"I hope we can provide some entertaining football for our fans and that we will be competing for trophies at the end of the season, which is what this club deserves."

He is the 13th managerial appointment by Blues owner Roman Abramovich since his takeover of the club in 2003, including Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink on two occasions.

Sarri's appointment had been widely expected, with Chelsea agreeing compensation to bring him to Stamford Bridge because he had two years left on his Napoli deal and had remained on the Italian club's payroll after Ancelotti's arrival.

Read the full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44825638

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Conte treated slightly harshly but if it's true he has fallen out with most of the players, their isn't anyway back for him. Chelsea aren't going to get rid of 10 plus players so Conte had to go even though I would have stuck with him if I was Chelsea.

Sarri will play attacking football. Chelsea will certainly be more entertaining . He has never won a trophy with a major side and is an older manager so they are 2 concerns that I have .

Chelsea also aren't major spenders anymore. They will sell players before they buy big. Expecting Hazard and Courtious to leave. It's going to be extremely tough to replace Hazard.

A transitional period awaits Chelsea.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Chelski just sell Real Courtois, Hazard and have all the fun with Sarri.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.