Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    535
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Other Asian teams might need to sacrifice a pacer for next years World Cup

    I think it is a good cause that looking at Englands condition, most times should now look at play an extra spinner against England. I have always felt that England has an overrated team and yes they are number 1 but can not play spin to save their life. This series should serve a purpose that Pakistan might need to pay 2 leggies against England when they encounter them in world cup. Fahim, Amir, Hasan, Shadab and Yasir.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dnt need to judge england by watching them play against india.india is a top team in all formats.
    The thing is other teams have pressure to score alot against our bowlers while batting first,because of our superior batting which most of the time clicks.
    The thing is england is one of a top side in the world in limited over cricket and look how they destroyed whitewashed australia in both t20 and odi recently. Though it shoud not suprise if india whitewash them after they already lost t20 series to india

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    You dnt need to judge england by watching them play against india.india is a top team in all formats.
    The thing is other teams have pressure to score alot against our bowlers while batting first,because of our superior batting which most of the time clicks.
    The thing is england is one of a top side in the world in limited over cricket and look how they destroyed whitewashed australia in both t20 and odi recently. Though it shoud not suprise if india whitewash them after they already lost t20 series to india
    This is not entirely true. Indian pacers went over 6 RPO. The real damage was done by the spinners who took 7 top order wickets.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,083
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    This is not entirely true. Indian pacers went over 6 RPO. The real damage was done by the spinners who took 7 top order wickets.
    Indian pacers were bang average and no threat at all. Kuldeep turned the game on its head.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    455
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Indian pacers were bang average and no threat at all. Kuldeep turned the game on its head.
    None of these pacers are our first choice.They are injury replacements.Bhuvi-Bumrah are far better.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,491
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just said that in another thread. Might be the way, I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,083
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    None of these pacers are our first choice.They are injury replacements.Bhuvi-Bumrah are far better.
    Depends on who you ask. Bhuvi isn't that effective in ODIs.

    India's frontline pacers are better than what they used to have but the lack of bench strength should be a worry for Indian fans.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    455
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Bhuvi isn't that effective in ODIs.

    India's frontline pacers are better than what they used to have but the lack of bench strength should be a worry for Indian fans.
    If the ball swings a bit as it does in england bhuvi is extremely dangerous,he also has knuckle ball for death overs and seldom chokes.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    469
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Bhuvi isn't that effective in ODIs.

    India's frontline pacers are better than what they used to have but the lack of bench strength should be a worry for Indian fans.
    Bench strength Is there who is involved with India A guy's like navdeep ankit avesh khaleel mavi siraj prasidh are doing decently.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,339
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Bench strength Is there who is involved with India A guy's like navdeep ankit avesh khaleel mavi siraj prasidh are doing decently.
    I don't want Siraj anywhere close to our LOI team. The guy seems to be a very good long format bowler. Even in the current A tour he has out bowled other pacers in the FC game. He needs to be played only in Test format as we have enough people to play white ball cricket for India.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    943
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Indian pacers were bang average and no threat at all. Kuldeep turned the game on its head.
    They bowled decent in the second spell.Fact is there is nothing much for fast bowlers on the small pattas.Mark wood was bowling 90 mph and was going to boundary in twice the speed.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,450
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    India's spin bowling is their strength, our fast bowling is our strength. When we get that ball reversing we can do a lot of damage. Hasan, Amir and Junaid are the way to go again.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    777
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Depends on who you ask. Bhuvi isn't that effective in ODIs.

    India's frontline pacers are better than what they used to have but the lack of bench strength should be a worry for Indian fans.


    If anything, Indian bench strength could be superior than their pacers in the playing eleven. There are plenty bowlers who can come and bump off Kaul and possibly Umesh. Having said that, the pitch yesterday wasn't the best for fast bowlers. None of the fast bowlers made much impact.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    87,298
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You should always look to play 2 spinners against non asian teams. They will not dissappoint.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,814
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian fast bowlers are average and will remain like that for years to come. All this talk of 'we have bumrah, shami, bhuvi and a solid bench strength' is rubbish. How many times do these guys actually play together?

    We keep selecting guys like Mohit Sharma, Kaul, Sran even though we have a so called solid bench strength. On top of that even if these guys play together for 2-3 times in an ICC tournament they mostly choke in finals or knock outs. How many times have we seen this. Indian team's strength is its batting and our fast bowlers will always choke in pressure situations to give our batters a big target in finals/knock outs of ICC tournaments.

    It's better to focus on our strength ie batting and spinners. We should keep our expectations low as far as fast bowling is concerned.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 13th July 2018 at 09:43.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •