Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Faheem Ashraf's poor batting in recent limited-overs matches

Not acceptable from Fahim. He is not in the team just for his bowling, and every time the innings is there for him to finish, I've seen him fail.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the times he is in a situation where he needs to start hitting from the ball 1 and doesnt get the time to settle down.

However, he should develop the ability to be able to hit from the very start

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he is better than Hardik.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should at least take a 3-4 singles before starting to hit. He never gets his eye in. Today he had 3 overs to play. I know its hard but he could have taken a couple of singles. Instead he decided to hit a six on the 1st ball.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where is @babajee ?

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you expect when he averages 17 after 50 games in List A.
    Last edited by Deewana Mastana; 13th July 2018 at 11:48.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    What would you expect when he averages 17 after 50 games in List A.
    what have list A average of 50+ from khurram manzoor given to pakistan?Allrounder take time to develop
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 13th July 2018 at 16:53.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    what have list A average of 50+ from khurram manzoor given to pakistan?Allrounder take time to develop
    50 games is some time too. Sure take 100 but then stop ridiculous comparisons of him with others.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    50 games is some time too. Sure take 100 but then stop ridiculous comparisons of him with others.
    asif ali also averages mid 20 in list A so why is he playing for pakistan?. some time you look beyond stats

and give the opportunity to player due to his potential and that is why both of them is playing

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is very over rated on this forum. He is just riding on his luck. Nothing special but can be persisted with for some more matches.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    asif ali also averages mid 20 in list A so why is he playing for pakistan?. some time you look beyond stats

and give the opportunity to player due to his potential and that is why both of them is playing
    Asif's stats are even worse in List A given he is a only a batsman, lol.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    fahim progress is slow but he is improving day by day .he is turning out to be mvp of our side where

we can play extra batsmen or bowler due to his all-round ability which we saw glimpses in ireland and

england With bowl and bat

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asif's stats are even worse in List A given he is a only a batsman, lol.
    so what?fahim have decent record of bowling in list A and first class

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Imad can do a better job maybe he should replace Rana after the knee injury is healed fully.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what?fahim have decent record of bowling in list A and first class
    I have not even mentioned bowling at all. It was batting in both the posts.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I feel like he has been overshadowed by the emergence of Asif and his monstrous hitting ability. Fahim's batting is crucial for our LOI team and Mickey needs to sit down with him and develop a batting plan. He is coming in in situations where he needs to go hell to leather from ball one. Not ideal for any batsman.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Where is @babajee ?
    Syed1 bhai basically summed it up.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I feel like he has been overshadowed by the emergence of Asif and his monstrous hitting ability. Fahim's batting is crucial for our LOI team and Mickey needs to sit down with him and develop a batting plan. He is coming in in situations where he needs to go hell to leather from ball one. Not ideal for any batsman.
    He needs to be given this series to bat higher up the order and give him 10 to 15 overs to bat. Pretty much all the time he comes in where he needs to start hitting from ball 1.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He showed his ability in tests to some extent. He just isnt giving himself enough time. However with ball his line length and pace is pretty impressive.

He can only improve from here. Yes against non subcontinental teams and assisting tracks Imad can definitely come in. Pretty solid bench strength we have now a days

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    But he is better than Hardik.
    Always maintained that he is alot better bowler than Pandya but Pandya wins in the batting department. Fielding I'd rank about equal.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He showed his ability in tests to some extent. He just isnt giving himself enough time. However with ball his line length and pace is pretty impressive.

He can only improve from here. Yes against non subcontinental teams and assisting tracks Imad can definitely come in. Pretty solid bench strength we have now a days
    Imad is awful I rather play with 10 players then play him.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    He needs to be given this series to bat higher up the order and give him 10 to 15 overs to bat. Pretty much all the time he comes in where he needs to start hitting from ball 1.
    What do you expect when we have guys like Malik wasting precious time in a series where youngsters can get more time in the middle

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is over rated and not fit for his role as a power hitter.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    What do you expect when we have guys like Malik wasting precious time in a series where youngsters can get more time in the middle
    I know it's so frustrating to see Malik walking out at 4 and I bet his legs will be shaking when we play in South Africa. They said we want to give every player an opportunity this series so get rid of Malik and play haris faheem there also don't understand why haris is sitting on the bench he's got 5 fiifties in his last 5 matches.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    I know it's so frustrating to see Malik walking out at 4 and I bet his legs will be shaking when we play in South Africa. They said we want to give every player an opportunity this series so get rid of Malik and play haris faheem there also don't understand why haris is sitting on the bench he's got 5 fiifties in his last 5 matches.
    Haris in NZ: 2 matches, 113 runs at an average of 57
    Malik in NZ: 4 matches, 49 runs at an average of 12

On what basis has Malik been selected? People might say Malik is a better hitter but we are playing Zimbabwe so that kind of stuff doesn't matter. Haris needs as much time batting as possible.

Seriously I'm sick of the seniority culture.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Don't think his batting is all that, needs to improve.

In saying that, should be given a chance, bowling is better than before, I'm sure his batting will improve too.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omairsiddiqui View Post
    Not acceptable from Fahim. He is not in the team just for his bowling, and every time the innings is there for him to finish, I've seen him fail.
    Certainly his batting has steep dived in recent past. He's not contributing that much as he should have done. I think he's taking his position for granted,should sit down with Micky Arthur and sort out issues. Also it's to do with mantle block.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Too much criticism for someone who gets an over or two to bat and that too at #8 position

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol it took Marvan Attapatu like a good 50-70 innings before he started doing anything of note in International Cricket. It took Teenda 80 ODI's before he hit his first ODI century

And here we are talking about a guy whose job is to hit big at the end of the innings. Anyone who has seen Faheem's hitting abilities in domestic cricket of pacers will know that this guy is perhaps the best striker of the ball at the end of the innings and needs to be backed to play that one special innings in due course.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If anything, it shows he is not a selfish batsman, he is willing to sacrifice his personal stats for the good of the team.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People need to be patient. His bowling has developed beautifully and so will his batting.

I agree he needs to work on his shot selection and give himself a bit more time. The emergence of Asif should help him too.

But he's played 9 ODIs, batted 8 times, and faced a grand total of 89 deliveries. How about we show a little faith?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's really frustrating. can easily bat ahead of malik and sarfaraz, but he is squandering his confidence.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to give him more chances, at times we should look to promote him with a couple overs remaining in the game.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His innings in test cricket give some solace. In ODI's, it is true, he hasn't had the chance to play a major innings yet. Definitely someone in the 'potentials' column for the moment. i.e. not quite as developed as Hardik at all. If I was asked which of the two I would rather have in my team, I would go Hardik 100% on current ability.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In batting his attitude is as casual as of Afridi's. When he come, instead of gauging the bounce /or anything he starts swinging his bat wildly. This is shame that he do nets. For power hitters, net practice rarely helps. If he has to come down he should be practicing power hitting.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming in situations where he has to smash from ball one. Nothing to look at here

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniqbal223 View Post
    In batting his attitude is as casual as of Afridi's. When he come, instead of gauging the bounce /or anything he starts swinging his bat wildly. This is shame that he do nets. For power hitters, net practice rarely helps. If he has to come down he should be practicing power hitting.
    This what I kind of feel. His record isn't good, but that's not what really bugs me, it's the fact he doesn't look like a batsman, he plays like a tailender. I'm sure he can hit it well, but teams aren't going to give him easy opportunities to do so.

Compare this to Asif Ali who looks a lot more composed at the crease, hits it clean with a plan. And he's been under pressure to do similar things, hit from ball one. And yes you can compare them, Fahim was supposedly in for his power hitting. His bowling has been effective at times, but the worrying this is this seems to be the case more against the weaker sides than the stronger ones where he struggles.

If bowling is his strong point I'd look towards making him 3rd pacer. You're no.8 should be able to bat anyway, and that's where he's being played. Would allow us to play a spin-allrounder or maybe even a spinner in the free spot. But I'd rather he been given a role, atm it's a mess.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repeat:

He's played 9 ODIs, batted 8 times, and faced a grand total of 89 deliveries. How about we show a little patience?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    I repeat:

He's played 9 ODIs, batted 8 times, and faced a grand total of 89 deliveries. How about we show a little patience?
    He's gonna face less deliveries if he keeps getting out. And it's not just ODIs, he's played T20s and test cricket too. He's faced 325 in total.

He doesn't look like someone you can rely on with the bat currently and that trust is reflected in the fact he bats 8 for his team below Shadab. That's the problem more than games/balls faced.

How much time can we afford to give him when the world cup is coming up around the corner? If he's not ready by the world cup, I don't want him in the team, a world cup is no place to carry around/groom players.

When you average 17 after 50 list A games too, you're gonna be under pressure to perform. To show that your batting is better than what you showed at domestic. Asif Ali's in a similar position, though he had a good 50 over tournament too.

I'd like people to be honest, do people really think in about half a year he will be ready with the bat? Cos he isn't going to get many more opportunities with the bat before the world cup. He's already had the bulk of them irregardless of the format.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His mindset is not allright.

At the moment he has the tulla mindset. He needs to accept that he is more than a tulla and that you can score more runs once you settle down. Only a few people can hit from ball 1.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will win us a game with late order hitting in the World Cup. Mark my words.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Management should make him bat at 3 or 4 in every practise match... he needs to bat more.. At the moment he is concentrating on bowling a bit too much

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem and Hasan should sort out their batting. Both have potential to be the big hitters who can clear the rope easily but they need to work on their batting with grant. Right now, they are just playing like hacks.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    He's gonna face less deliveries if he keeps getting out. And it's not just ODIs, he's played T20s and test cricket too. He's faced 325 in total.

He doesn't look like someone you can rely on with the bat currently and that trust is reflected in the fact he bats 8 for his team below Shadab. That's the problem more than games/balls faced.

How much time can we afford to give him when the world cup is coming up around the corner? If he's not ready by the world cup, I don't want him in the team, a world cup is no place to carry around/groom players.

When you average 17 after 50 list A games too, you're gonna be under pressure to perform. To show that your batting is better than what you showed at domestic. Asif Ali's in a similar position, though he had a good 50 over tournament too.

I'd like people to be honest, do people really think in about half a year he will be ready with the bat? Cos he isn't going to get many more opportunities with the bat before the world cup. He's already had the bulk of them irregardless of the format.
    The truth is you've never liked him.

He's proved you wrong with the ball. He'll prove you wrong with the bat.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We have posters here who dislikes all our players. People don't like Babar,haris,shadab,fahim you name it. Maybe some of our players have taken some of these posters place in Pakistan team.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't really liked him too much, just don't rate his contribution he brings to the side. If he performs, I'll start rating him more. Never really been much fan of guys playing based on potential when they haven't backed it up in domestic. Just hardly ever works.

He hasn't proved me wrong with the ball. Isn't a great bowler by any means, just has a few bowling performances here and there. Isn't good enough to get in bowling wise. He bowled well in the last England test which was surprising, but bowled pretty bad in the rest of the England tour.

I'm more likely to settle for him being 3rd pacer given our 3rd pacer stocks so far have been unimpressive and Fahim adds a bit with the bat. But if a 3rd pacer comes along who actually does impress, don't see the point playing Fahim there.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no alternative to Fahim in Pakistan cricket at the moment. With a third pacer we are looking at a dud batter who has no hope of contributing to the team total. Fahim is a decent bat, just not good at whacking it from ball one

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A change of mindset is required Rather than slogging from ball one He just needs to give himself a few deliveries to judge the conditions Hopefully that awareness will come with time

Id give him a long rope before we can judge his batting

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is over hyped. When has he ever scored more than 25 in an odi?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to be given a chance with the bat. This series is perfect. We aren't going to learn anything from Malik and Sarfraz batting. He hasn't played too many impactful knocks when he's batted though.

I hope Arthur gives him a chance .

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am doing a lot of hard work on my batting and bowling both. The management tells me that if I bat, I should try to play long innings to get confidence. We have big matches leading up to the World Cup which is what we're looking to. Similarly if I give good performances in bowling, that will benefit me in future"

This was from his presser today. Hopefully he gets a chance to bat in the dead rubbers.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massively overrated on PP. Faheem isn't a strike bowler but a supporting one, so if he can't deliver as a lower order hitter, he's just a mediocre bits and pieces cricketer.

Pandya on the other hand has given decent returns in the same role and is proving to be an asset for his side, yet Faheem's cheerleaders still have the nerve to bash him.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Massively overrated on PP. Faheem isn't a strike bowler but a supporting one, so if he can't deliver as a lower order hitter, he's just a mediocre bits and pieces cricketer.

Pandya on the other hand has given decent returns in the same role and is proving to be an asset for his side, yet Faheem's cheerleaders still have the nerve to bash him.
    Lol overrated word only suite with the next coming of sober hardik sober pandya.do mind check the stat of pandya bowling than even called him allrounder which he is not clearly .he is poor mans thisara perara

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And what is Pandya? A strike bowler and/or a proper batsman?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol overrated word only suite with the next coming of sober hardik sober pandya.do mind check the stat of pandya bowling than even called him allrounder which he is not clearly .he is poor mans thisara perara
    Like yourself I don't rate Pandya's bowling. As mentioned they're both useless if they cannot contribute as hitters because they're support bowlers at best.

Faheem has no notable LOIs knock of note whereas Pandya has done it several times in his short career.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    And what is Pandya? A strike bowler and/or a proper batsman?
    He's a quality hitter with several quality knocks. Faheem on the other hand doesn't have a single notable one.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like yourself I don't rate Pandya's bowling. As mentioned they're both useless if they cannot contribute as hitters because they're support bowlers at best.

Faheem has no notable LOIs knock of note whereas Pandya has done it several times in his short career.
    Fahim is showing sign of massive improvement in his bowling and he have not got decent opporunity with the bat so he is not finish article and we should presist with him .

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One got 5 wickets in his last game. One hasn't got 5 wickets total in his last 23

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's a quality hitter with several quality knocks. Faheem on the other hand doesn't have a single notable one.
    That's jus a fancy word for bits and pieces cricketers.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandya had a bowling average of 156 and ONE wicket in three matches in this England series. His batting average was in single figures in South Africa. What are these decent returns?

Faheem blows Pandya away with respect to bowling, doesn't matter if Faheem is a strike bowler or not. Pandya is a better batsman. Both cannot be classed as genuine all-rounders right now

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim is showing sign of massive improvement in his bowling and he have not got decent opporunity with the bat so he is not finish article and we should presist with him .
    I agree because other than Asif Ali (who I rate), we don't have any other lower order hitters coming out of domestics.

I'm just emphasising that Pakistan needs Faheem to focus on his hitting rather than bowling since the latter is a supporting role not a primary one as it is for the likes of Amir and Hasan Ali since he doesn't have the same wicket taking abilities.
    Last edited by topspin; 18th July 2018 at 19:26.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Indians are underrating Faheem because of the Pandya comparison. He's a very solid bowler, and a pretty poor batsman so far. His bowling is very good, his pace is deceptive

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His bowling alone is enough to get him a spot in the team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel one of two things should be done in regards to Faheem's batting:

1. If he's going to bat 7 or 8, then send him in when there is a good number of overs to play with in the innings (although for this to occur a good level of game awareness during the innings would be required by Sarfraz and Mickey to recognize when the ample time to send out Faheem would be). Also, if Pak's batting is on a rampage, without many wickets down and regardless of how many overs have been completed, and want to continue that approach then send Faheem in to continue with that momentum. If that doesn't work then at least you have Asif Ali to come in.

2. What I wouldn't mind would be for him to open with Fakhar as that experiment was only tried once in NZ, which failed. However, for me that idea shouldn't be shelved and I think should be at least pondered about in the Pak think tank.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to see what he can do with the bat. We need big hitters down the order. We have enough fast bowlers.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem would be considered a tailender in an Australian side... his batting is as good as Mitchell Starc's

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    66 of 43 today in practice game today. Shan Masood top scored with 74

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Until Fakhar came along and scored 114* (68).

On topic, good to see Faheem performing with the bat.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Scorecard?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagestani_Eagle View Post
    Scorecard?
    https://nation.com.pk/09-Sep-2018/sh...ch?version=amp

On Topic: I don't know why management isn't working on his batting and his position. He has been with the team for over a year now and apart from opening the batting in NZL. He hasn't been given a chance up the order.