Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want England to make over 350 today.Need to see how our middle order is gonna cop up with that chasing pressure.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Someone's just asked for their partner's hand in marriage in the stands.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like she could have said no. Whole world was watching

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Overrate is shambolic.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Someone's just asked for their partner's hand in marriage in the stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Like she could have said no. Whole world was watching

Geez, also had the most awkward hug at the end.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Lords Road. No spin, no pace, no real threatening bounce, no movement.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Root is all class. Unnecessary flak is what he gets in PP.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Atherton and Hussain have been good edition to the Sony commentary team.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very good batting by England.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    90% of the pitches are patta these days. We need to find better fast bowlers quickly before the World Cup to partner with Bumrah and Bhuvi. If they both get injured before the world cup we are doomed.
    What do you suggest ? Find them at Walmart or is Costco better

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1651 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anything England make India will chase, they have minnow level bowling attack.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harbajan singh on sky said that Rohit Sharma must bhi in test team

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England's challenge against India is how to stop India scoring 350 every game. England's bowling is pretty mediocre. Close to West Indies level. They have not been able to replace Anderson and Broad. They have not found a quality spinner since Swann. Stokes bowling always almost depends on which side of the bed he woke up from. So no matter how many runs they score, them defending that total is a bigger challenge.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    What do you suggest ? Find them at Walmart or is Costco better
    We are talking about bowlers here not bowls. You can buy them from Walmart.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any budding cricketers here watching this, this is a textbook example of how not to captain your team. I am not a fan of Dhoni being in this team but if this is how Kohli captains with his help, I fear for us if kohli's brains are allowed full control of tactics.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India technically should be able to chase 400 here. very small boundaries. No help whatsoever for any bowler.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistan cricket fan View Post
    no! please no!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India need to restrict England below 350. If the pitch does get slower, timing the balls could get difficult.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chahal messes up another catch and chump fecks up again. Too much being asked off kuldeep here

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look kul

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how Kuldeep takes the pitch out of equation. These are all 400+ battas, but he looks unplayable for some reason.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier he got away against kuldeep. Kuldeep rewarded anyway.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look kuldeep picks a wicket again. Kohli you ***** look what happens when you give kuldeep a chance to bowl.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saving Kuldeep for final overs seems pointless these days. Just give him a long spell, and he won't allow opposition to reach that stage.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chump's brain strikes again, there's a new batsman on the pitch and rather than let his leggies have a go at him he brings on the worst bowler we have.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    India need to restrict England below 350. If the pitch does get slower, timing the balls could get difficult.
    Would love to see us chase a big total, the middle order needs to be tested

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this England vs Kuldeep Yadav?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuldeep is soon going to end the international career of either Ashwin's or Jadeja's. I would miss Jadeja's fielding though.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no! please no!
    I think Rohit Sharma is not a good test batsman.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hate seeing trundles like Kaul in the team when we have teenagers hitting 90mph with good control. Kohli seems too inspired by Dhoni's captaincy, specially in ODIs.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Would love to see us chase a big total, the middle order needs to be tested
    Yes. Expecting our finishers to do the job this time. It has been an easy ride for the openers.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without Kuldeep this bowling attack is as bad as it gets for an international side.

As I said earlier as well in another thread this tour will tell the fans how good Pandya is. Looked pretty ordinary with the ball in first ODI and looking equally mediocre today. One of the most over rated cricketers today by Indian fans especially.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Without Kuldeep this bowling attack is as bad as it gets for an international side.

As I said earlier as well in another thread this tour will tell the fans how good Pandya is. Looked pretty ordinary with the ball in first ODI and looking equally mediocre today. One of the most over rated cricketers today by Indian fans especially.
    Dude are you seeing what sort of pitch they are playing on? This is by far the worst ODI pitch for a bowler i have seen in a while.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even this 3rd string attack has outperformed other international attacks on English battas.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Even this 3rd string attack has outperformed other international attacks on English battas.
    No logic please.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As good as Kuldeep has been and it really warms my heart seeing him bowl like this, it does look like Kuldeep or bust for us.

And as I am typing this, Pandya gets Stokes

However I would like us to try Chahar in the 3rd ODI and see how it goes.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol. Hales wipes the floor with stokes in terms of value to the team .

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Dude are you seeing what sort of pitch they are playing on? This is by far the worst ODI pitch for a bowler i have seen in a while.
    I agree with that but to be honest I dont expect the likes of Kaul, Umesh Yadav, Chahal, Pandya run through the opposition by pure bowling skills on any wicket. The best they can do is what they have done in the first match and are doing now as well is to create pressure by stopping runs flow together.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes is apna banda. #IPL :

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stokes got to be the most overrated player in the world.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with that but to be honest I dont expect the likes of Kaul, Umesh Yadav, Chahal, Pandya run through the opposition by pure bowling skills on any wicket. The best they can do is what they have done in the first match and are doing now as well is to create pressure by stopping runs flow together.
    Kaul and Umesh have no future in Indian side unless injuries hit us again. Even then, the likes of Mavi or Nagarkotti should take over.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know whats the complex that everything needs to be compared with so called "other international attack". At most you can call it 2nd string with Kaul playing, Yadav has been part of the squad for some time now. Chahal, Pandya and Kuldeep are regulars for some time now.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know whats the complex that everything needs to be compared with so called "other international attack". At most you can call it 2nd string with Kaul playing, Yadav has been part of the squad for some time now. Chahal, Pandya and Kuldeep are regulars for some time now.
    When you call them "not" international quality, they would be compared to other international attacks. Or does that confuse you for some reason?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joginder_Sharma View Post
    As good as Kuldeep has been and it really warms my heart seeing him bowl like this, it does look like Kuldeep or bust for us.

And as I am typing this, Pandya gets Stokes

However I would like us to try Chahar in the 3rd ODI and see how it goes.
    Chahar is not in the squad. Shardul Thakur, Axar, Bhuvi and Shreyas are.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha good to see boys having some fun out there. Kohli, Rahul and Pandya fielding amazingly well.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been ok with all of Kohli's changes so far - bringing in Pandya after Morgan got out in order to get rid of his overs, and other decisions that others have questioned.

But I do not get the point of bringing Umesh Yadav now. Why not keep bowling with Kuldeep Yadav in search on another one? DO you not want to use Umesh Yadav in the last 5-8 overs?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is such a beastly batting line up. They will be disappointed if they make less than 360.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaul and Umesh have no future in Indian side unless injuries hit us again. Even then, the likes of Mavi or Nagarkotti should take over.
    India should have tried atleast one of them Mavi or Naqarkotti in the T20s. Indian selectors try hard to give importance to performers just like Pak was doing few years ago. I dont agree with this philosophy as a good selector can look behind the stats international potential of someone. Kaul is just selected becz he performed a bit in a league without realizing that does he have that wicket taking ability required in ODIs.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude you might not know that tgere are teams whohave given almost 450 runs to this england batting side while bowling.
    5 matches have almost went. 3 t20 and 2 odi. England batting is nothing better than india b team.
    Umesh ,chahal,bhuvi,bumrah, kuldeep,ashween,jadeja, mohammad shami. Its a world class bowling attack on any wicket.
    You get to top test rankimg for consistent 2 plus years by taking 20 wickets.
    I dnt see any team replacing india test ranking any time soon. Gap is huge.
    Why dnt you enjoy india schooling england in engalnd to how to play cricket. I know match is not over yet. But i am sure we will will.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah, shami and bhuvi will all play ahead of Yadav and kaul when fit. You take out 3 pacers from a team that plays 2 at most, if you think that isn't 3rd string then no lineup is 3rd string.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been ok with all of Kohli's changes so far - bringing in Pandya after Morgan got out in order to get rid of his overs, and other decisions that others have questioned.

But I do not get the point of bringing Umesh Yadav now. Why not keep bowling with Kuldeep Yadav in search on another one? DO you not want to use Umesh Yadav in the last 5-8 overs?
    Our oversmart captain may want to keep some wrist overs for 5 fielders outside overs.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you call them "not" international quality, they would be compared to other international attacks. Or does that confuse you for some reason?
    I dont see anyone doing damage other than Kuldeep becz they cant read him. A good attack requires a good combination

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You also have to factor in they are bowling to the best ODI batting line up in the world on a road in their own backyard. Kuldeep is a novelty bowler. They have seen enough of other types of bowlers to negotiate.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should have tried atleast one of them Mavi or Naqarkotti in the T20s. Indian selectors try hard to give importance to performers just like Pak was doing few years ago. I dont agree with this philosophy as a good selector can look behind the stats international potential of someone. Kaul is just selected becz he performed a bit in a league without realizing that does he have that wicket taking ability required in ODIs.
    You can't pick players who are injured.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Bumrah, shami and bhuvi will all play ahead of Yadav and kaul when fit. You take out 3 pacers from a team that plays 2 at most, if you think that isn't 3rd string then no lineup is 3rd string.
    When was the last time Shami played an ODI. Bhuvi, Bumrah and Yadav are your 3 best LOI seamers if you see the selections for the past 2 years and bench strength is anything but strong at the moment

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't pick players who are injured.
    Mavi is injured. Its a big concern for India then as they dont want them to go on the route of Varun Aaron

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buttler is out.

Yadav gets him out.Big wicket for India.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see anyone doing damage other than Kuldeep becz they cant read him. A good attack requires a good combination
    Sometimes you have to respect even a mediocre performance given the conditions. I would not like to see these guys open bowling for India again, but I can also not blame them for not looking threatening. There's nothing in the pitch for bowlers.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent comeback from India in the last 5 overs. Pressure was created by stopping runs, now Kuldeep can finish of the things

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    214/5 last 2 wickets taken not by kuldeep. yes India has enough to make a statement even on a road with their second string attack.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time Shami played an ODI. Bhuvi, Bumrah and Yadav are your 3 best LOI seamers if you see the selections for the past 2 years and bench strength is anything but strong at the moment
    He will always be picked ahead of umesh when fit, iirc his last non injury related dropping was more to do with some of his off Field issues though i am not sure.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umesh gets Butler and Pandya got Stokes. And Pandya was the man of the match winner a week ago for taking a 4fer in a T20. Looks like your expectations on Indian cricketers is more than Indian captain's.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you have to respect even a mediocre performance given the conditions. I would not like to see these guys open bowling for India again, but I can also not blame them for not looking threatening. There's nothing in the pitch for bowlers.
    Chahar looked more like a potential to me than Kaul, good seam position, producing some shape and strong action.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Umesh gets Butler and Pandya got Stokes. And Pandya was the man of the match winner a week ago for taking a 4fer in a T20. Looks like your expectations on Indian cricketers is more than Indian captain's.
    Yes in a T20 when batsman are planning to through a kitchen sink at the weak link. Advantage to Pandya is that he isnt as bad as the opposition think of him and take liberty and this gives him some soft wickets.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Pandya will never be a good all-rounder he rarely takes wickets unless the batsman try and hit him out of the attack.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a big effort if England can score more than 300 here with nothing much batting left.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will always be picked ahead of umesh when fit, iirc his last non injury related dropping was more to do with some of his off Field issues though i am not sure.
    More than the injury this time his personal life problem. I think we have Siraj, Mavi, Ishan porel, Nagarkoti.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Chahar is not in the squad. Shardul Thakur, Axar, Bhuvi and Shreyas are.
    Lol, no point in playing Thakur. Why would you pick Axar and not Krunal beggars belief. No squad changes in that case. Ashwin as the 3rd spinner is still a better option IMO especially in T20s

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a big effort if England can score more than 300 here with nothing much batting left.
    You are talking about the team that has the best depth in batting department by a country milie. Even plunkett can score

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More than the injury this time his personal life problem. I think we have Siraj, Mavi, Ishan porel, Nagarkoti.
    Siraj is the worst bowler i have seen play for india yet and I have seen India through the 90's.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joginder_Sharma View Post
    Lol, no point in playing Thakur. Why would you pick Axar and not Krunal beggars belief. No squad changes in that case. Ashwin as the 3rd spinner is still a better option IMO especially in T20s
    As long as Ishant sharma doesn't come abck i am okay NOt that he does bad in England. But we should forget him like a bad dream.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is chump doing giving another over to Umesh

Does he want the spinners and Kaul to bowl the last 10 overs?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will India be able to complete 11 overs in 40 minutes?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng team is becoming pretty one sided in strategies, win the toss bowl first and then whatever their mediocre bowling attack goes for they chase.

Any thing changes a bit they struggle big time. While many will think them as one of the favorites for the world cup 19, any change in their plans in knockout stage can harm them big time.

Even against Scotland their mediocre bowling had no plan B.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siraj is the worst bowler i have seen play for india yet and I have seen India through the 90's.
    Have you seen him bowl outside India? He is doing well with India A. Also Deepak Chahar is a good bowler in swinging conditions.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...f-england-2018

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are really getting into bizzare territory here, spinners are going to bowl 5 overs in last 10 here.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are talking about the team that has the best depth in batting department by a country milie. Even plunkett can score
    They can score 20 of 20 or may be 30 of 20 on a very good day, expecting them to score 70, 80 runs combined with Willey, Rashid, Plunkett is a lot to ask.

Their depth is definitely the best but that doesnt make their 6 down and 7 down the best finishers, yes they can bat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy Indian fielding is decent. But for them India would have conceded a lot more than this.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistan cricket fan View Post
    Oh please God no.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are really getting into bizzare territory here, spinners are going to bowl 5 overs in last 10 here.
    Chump often gets these basics wrong. Thats the biggest problem for me.