Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mohammad Amir versus Usman Khan Shinwari

Well the title says all, we all know that Aamir got some great talent but after his return beside the performance of CT 2017 he wasn't look much effective, and there would be many reason why he isn't performing well.

On other hand Usman Shinwari is performing well in PSL now in ODI's as well. The question is, that Shinwari already surpassed Amir ? Is he enough capable to do it? If yes then should selectors consider himself as our main aspect in bowling department?
    There is no doubt that I'm a huge fan of Amir but maybe it's time to consider some other bowlers rather than giving chances to Amir again and again and surely Usman Shinwari will be in one of those candidates.
    Last edited by Saj; 7th December 2019 at 18:20.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol how many games have usman played man?.i am not saying amir is better but atleast give this guy a break and judge him when he play few more than 5 odis which he have played along with t20s.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Well the title says all, we all know that Aamir got some great talent but after his return beside the performance of CT 2017 he wasn't look much effective, and there would be many reason why he isn't performing well.
    On other hand Usman Shinwari is performing well in PSL now in ODI's as well. The question is, that Shinwari already surpassed Amir ? Is he enough capable to do it? If yes then should selectors consider himself as our main aspect in bowling department?
    There is no doubt that I'm a huge fan of Amir but maybe it's time to consider some other bowlers rather than giving chances to Amir again and again and surely Usman Shinwari will be in one of those candidates.
    Amir will perform at the big stage, and others might panic there. that is why I would keep him in our WC squad.
    PS: I also wanted Pakistan to try out the likes of shaheen, JK,Rumman in this series

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I know people don't want to hear this but every time Shinwari and Amir played together the former has always out performed the latter, it was very clear in PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think our main three bowlers for now should be Hassan, Amir, and Shinwari. Ruman, Afridi, and Junaid should be back up bowlers.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shinwari already has a 5 wicket haul on the dead pitches of the UAE. Please knock if Amir ever does the same in his lifetime

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shinwari puts a lot more effort into his bowling than Amir. Amir only cares about big occasion or tournaments to lift himself up.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To early to compare, but currently, I would pick Shinwari.

Amir really needs to up his game in ODI cricket.

With the attitude he has, he needs to remember that he should be thankful that he got to come back at all. Don't like this attitude of, "oh I will pick and chose the series I play in"

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Usman is good but hes no Amir.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is better than Amir if you take the most important criterias into consideration - consistency, picking wickets in 1st spells, intent and effort.

But if you want to refer to "that CT final" again and again, then Amir is better.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Post injury Shinwari is not getting through the crease smoothly. Seems imbalanced hence isn’t as consistent as he was against SL wrt his line and length.

Another thing missing is the the inswing against RHB where he dismissed many SL batsman with sharp swing. Wrist position and ball release (seam) is not what it was vs SL.

Hence Pakistan suffering. Otherwise we would have been our main striking force in Asia Cup.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman consistently bowling in the 140s during his first spell today. Good to see. Pitch looks really good for batting, though.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Usman consistently bowling in the 140s during his first spell today. Good to see. Pitch looks really good for batting, though.
    The wind is blowing very hard against him. He has to put a lot of effort in today. Not ideal bowling conditions.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir wouldn't have been able to do much either on this dead wicket. Amir is good in the death overs though.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amid seems so much potent compared to Usmaan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usman has turned into a gun barrel straight bowling machine. Has regressed badly

Amir and Shaheen, heck even Junaid is so much better!

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is one of the players who only look fit but they are far from it. There are always some issues with him in 50 overs matches, lacks stamina as well. But good luck to him.

Aamir would have been first name on the sheet in these conditions...
    Last edited by IAJ; 19th January 2019 at 21:48.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Usman has turned into a gun barrel straight bowling machine. Has regressed badly

Amir and Shaheen, heck even Junaid is so much better!
    I have never seen him move the ball

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This guy is not even fit to last 10 overs. Not a long term prospect. Someone should have changed his run up or action long time ago. He is only fit to bowl 4 overs.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not an aamir fan but shinwari isnt international standard at all.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The only thing Amir has to learn from Shinwari is his gym routine.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shinwari has lost that swing

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's see how he does.

I'm not much of a fan, but he's at least faster than the Abbas trundling machine.

Amir is not in contention as he has sold his cricketing soul. His choice regardless

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman is way better than Amir when it comes to the ODI format. Lets see how he fares in Test cricket. He won't disappoint though.

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is better no cap

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Shinwari is an enigma, on his day he can singlehandedly run through a team but otherwise he will get smashed and can singlehandedly cost his team big time as well

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Let's see how he does.

I'm not much of a fan, but he's at least faster than the Abbas trundling machine.

Amir is not in contention as he has sold his cricketing soul. His choice regardless
    It was sold when he 19 ..absolutely shambolic he was allowed a comeback

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Shinwari is an enigma, on his day he can singlehandedly run through a team but otherwise he will get smashed and can singlehandedly cost his team big time as well
    "getting smashed" is a totally false perception about Shinwari. In his ODI career he has gone for over 6.5 an over just once in his career, that was vs India when his 4 overs went for 27 runs. His overall economy is below 5, and he is a great wicket taker.

I don't think he's a T20 bowler, he hasn't done well there. But to label him as someone who gets smashed is totally incorrect, simply not the bowler he is.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    "getting smashed" is a totally false perception about Shinwari. In his ODI career he has gone for over 6.5 an over just once in his career, that was vs India when his 4 overs went for 27 runs. His overall economy is below 5, and he is a great wicket taker.

I don't think he's a T20 bowler, he hasn't done well there. But to label him as someone who gets smashed is totally incorrect, simply not the bowler he is.
    I agree, he should be backed as he is a wicket taker. Will be interesting to see how he fares in test cricket

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since 2018:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.08.00 AM.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  19.9 KB

Amir is a good, economical bowler, not much more, and certainly not the legend he is made out to be

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shinwari got a wicket recently against SL by bringing the ball back to the right hander, the batsman was bowled. Wasim Akram asked him about that dilevery, and Shinwari said that he worked really hard to aquire that skill.

Will be interesting to watch if he has really got the skill or it was a fluke and if he has then he will be handful