Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 66 of 66
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The selectors should be blamed if India fails at the World Cup

    Those who heard batting coach Sanjay Bangar's post match interview would have been surprised to know the future plan and the names being discussed as possible replacements.

    First, the management feels Raina needs to be given time as he is making a comeback. Second, the possible long term replacement options are Rahane, Pandey, and Rayudu. He mentions that the batting lacks depth (while referring to the lower order) but shows no intent on correcting that.

    The likes of Shaw, Gill, and Pant are nowhere in the scene.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    29,969
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like Pakistan?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,407
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, India has gun batting even if you exclude those supreme batting talents at the U-19. Raina and Rahane are very good LOI batsman and would walk into most teams.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,285
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Let's be honest, India has gun batting even if you exclude those supreme batting talents at the U-19. Raina and Rahane are very good LOI batsman and would walk into most teams.
    Rahane?


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,528
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Are you surprised? This is the weakest indian batting line up after Top 4.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,528
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Let's be honest, India has gun batting even if you exclude those supreme batting talents at the U-19. Raina and Rahane are very good LOI batsman and would walk into most teams.
    Rahane is as good as Asad Shafiq in LOI's.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,531
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So, we are going to play Rayudu in the middle order on the basis of his performance in the IPL as an opening batsman? That biryani must taste really good.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th July 2018 at 14:34.


    Dravid's remarkable career is proof that nice guys don't finish last - Steve Waugh

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    4,014
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problems is that Indian selectors and management think tank are behaving like Pak and vice versa


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These Indian coaches are no good. But we don’t have the time to introduce any replacement players before the World Cup. The current team is actually very good. And if it doesn’t perform well, we should be blaming the players. The decision to persist with Raina is a good one I feel.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,528
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    The problems is that Indian selectors and management think tank are behaving like Pak and vice versa
    Current Pak management and selectors are doing a better job than indian selectors.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    1,967
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana Mastana View Post
    Just like Pakistan?
    Pakistan selectors are doing a great job. India's team selection now is crap. I actually see Pakistan beating India at world cup if this continues.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    4,014
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Current Pak management and selectors are doing a better job than indian selectors.
    That what I am saying
    Ind management right now = Pak management 2011-17


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    These Indian coaches are no good. But we don’t have the time to introduce any replacement players before the World Cup. The current team is actually very good. And if it doesn’t perform well, we should be blaming the players. The decision to persist with Raina is a good one I feel.
    Imo Raina is way past his prime. He was last good around 2012.

    Rahane is not an ODI player. How is he even being discussed is beyond me.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the India team keeps winnings games, the selectors will keep selecting the same faces.

    It would require a series of Big defeats for Indian team to see the youngsters like Shaw Gill etc in the squad.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    1,967
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    As long as the India team keeps winnings games, the selectors will keep selecting the same faces.

    It would require a series of Big defeats for Indian team to see the youngsters like Shaw Gill etc in the squad.
    India won't lose ODI series too much. Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli would bail them out. They will be exposed in tournament elimination rounds where 1 bad game is enough. CT final maybe an outlier but it's no accident.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    India won't lose ODI series too much. Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli would bail them out. They will be exposed in tournament elimination rounds where 1 bad game is enough. CT final maybe an outlier but it's no accident.
    There are just 2 vacant spots in the ODI squad now barring injury.

    The No.5 batter - India will prefer a batting all roudner here. Only Raina and Jadhav are contenders here... (AFAIK) Maybe the other Pandya, but I have never seen him bat so I dont know.

    3rd pacer - This spot is still open. India have tried so many in ODI and T20I's... but no one has impressed so far... On top of my head, Unadkat, Shankar, Kaul, Thakur, Umesh... i think Umesh is currently best option..

    Only 2 spots, so the young talents like Gill and Shaw have no chance whatsoever. Sad!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,221
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Current Pak management and selectors are doing a better job than indian selectors.
    Indian selectors need to get theor act together. They are making the mistakes of pre Ganguly and especially pre-Dhoni era again. Selecting deadwood based on nothing but reputation. The fact that even the washed up Indian players are talented enough to keep the team afloat and competitive should not stop you from actually reaching your true potential by selecting deserving youngsters.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yadav dropped for Shardul.

    Rahul dropped but Raina retained.

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,977
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hard to support this Indian team.

    Karthik deserves a chance in place of Dhoni. But Dhoni is like a new born baby. You can never criticize him and cannot be dropped.

    Shardul Thakur is as good as Ashok Dinda. Hopefully we won’t see him once Bumrah returns.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,678
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes they should take a lot of the blame.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,221
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Hard to support this Indian team.

    Karthik deserves a chance in place of Dhoni. But Dhoni is like a new born baby. You can never criticize him and cannot be dropped.

    Shardul Thakur is as good as Ashok Dinda. Hopefully we won’t see him once Bumrah returns.
    The baby with a salt and pepper look.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,057
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The whole setup is like one big old boys club with everyone doing favours to those they like or to those they are financially tied to through management companies etc.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    So, we are going to play Rayudu in the middle order on the basis of his performance in the IPL as an opening batsman? That biryani must taste really food.
    Thats a perfectly fine logic to ppay Rayudu based on IPL. But then why not Pant? And why Raina?

    Thats the problem.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Imo Raina is way past his prime. He was last good around 2012.

    Rahane is not an ODI player. How is he even being discussed is beyond me.
    Raina has great temperament as a batsman. He can bail us out of tough situations. Rahane is a Maharashtrian and hence can’t be dropped lol.

    Everybody knew Dhoni was not going to be dropped after that booing incident and the reactions. And Karthik deserves a chance.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Raina has great temperament as a batsman. He can bail us out of tough situations. Rahane is a Maharashtrian and hence can’t be dropped lol.

    Everybody knew Dhoni was not going to be dropped after that booing incident and the reactions. And Karthik deserves a chance.
    Raina has nothing. He does kathak on the crease expecting a short ball each time.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Raina has great temperament as a batsman. He can bail us out of tough situations. Rahane is a Maharashtrian and hence canít be dropped lol.

    Everybody knew Dhoni was not going to be dropped after that booing incident and the reactions. And Karthik deserves a chance.
    When was the last time Raina bailed us out of a tough situation? Gambhir has grit and temprament. Sehwag has explosive batting style. But their time is up. Same is the case with Raina.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Raina has nothing. He does kathak on the crease expecting a short ball each time.
    Wait n watch CJ bhai. Heíll be giving his critics a

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting selection continuing.KL rahul again ignored.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    When was the last time Raina bailed us out of a tough situation? Gambhir has grit and temprament. Sehwag has explosive batting style. But their time is up. Same is the case with Raina.
    Well he’s making a comeback. I’d wait to see how he performs. Better than batsmen like Jadhav.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Wait n watch CJ bhai. Heíll be giving his critics a
    Better give us a stage performance of his dance and spare the team.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Well heís making a comeback. Iíd wait to see how he performs. Better than batsmen like Jadhav.
    Jadhav is better. So are Kathik Rahul Rayudu Iyer Pant Kishan Shaw Gill Samson and a few others.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    277
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    First, the management feels Raina needs to be given time as he is making a comeback. Second, the possible long term replacement options are Rahane, Pandey, and Rayudu. He mentions that the batting lacks depth (while referring to the lower order) but shows no intent on correcting that.

    The likes of Shaw, Gill, and Pant are nowhere in the scene.
    You place blame on the selectors while quoting the batting coach.

    Captain, coaches and selectors. They're all to blame.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    554
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Jadhav is better. So are Kathik Rahul Rayudu Iyer Pant Kishan Shaw Gill Samson and a few others.
    Haha Jadhav? ok. Rahul is the obvious no.4. At no.5 we want someone like Raina. Karthik and Samson are better. Rayudu is only as good as him. The others are still aliens. We don’t follow Pakistan’s selection policy. Him being a left hander also gives him an advantage.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that half our world cup squad will comprise of harmless trundlers and past it buddhas. :

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aren't the captain and coach selecting the final eleven when on tour?


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Gurgaon
    Runs
    2,531
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Thats a perfectly fine logic to ppay Rayudu based on IPL. But then why not Pant? And why Raina?

    Thats the problem.
    Rayudu scored those runs as an opener. If he is selected he should play as an opener, playing him in the middle order doesn't make any sense.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManstanding View Post
    Rayudu scored those runs as an opener. If he is selected he should play as an opener, playing him in the middle order doesn't make any sense.
    In India players are moved up and down according to the empty slot. Sehwag opened. Gambhir moved to no.3 in ODIs. KL Rahul at no.3 or 4.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Karthikís selection doesnít make sense.

    Kohli was 22 when he played 2011 world cup. Most of the team was under-30 except SRT who was still the very best.

    Where are the young guns in this side? I thought the oldies had already played a world cup (2015) more than what they deserved.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    Haha Jadhav? ok. Rahul is the obvious no.4. At no.5 we want someone like Raina. Karthik and Samson are better. Rayudu is only as good as him. The others are still aliens. We don’t follow Pakistan’s selection policy. Him being a left hander also gives him an advantage.
    Might as well bring back Gambhir too.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Even Karthikís selection doesnít make sense.

    Kohli was 22 when he played 2011 world cup. Most of the team was under-30 except SRT who was still the very best.

    Where are the young guns in this side? I thought the oldies had already played a world cup (2015) more than what they deserved.
    Karthik is in very good form. Just watch how fluent he was today. Problem is that rubbish players like Raina get to play.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Karthik is in very good form. Just watch how fluent he was today. Problem is that rubbish players like Raina get to play.
    Iím ok with Karthik playing at Dhoniís position or lower than that but he isnít a number 4. Can he get a hundred if India is 50/3?

    We should try better batsmen at that position. So Karthik isnít required.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Iím ok with Karthik playing at Dhoniís position or lower than that but he isnít a number 4. Can he get a hundred if India is 50/3?

    We should try better batsmen at that position. So Karthik isnít required.
    Yes Karthik in present form is very good.

    Problem is no.4 no.5 are either dud or being changed quickly. Hence its putting too much pressure on Dhoni.

    Problem is 4 and 5 and not Dhoni at 6

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,727
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Power failure after the top-3 as always.

    Pandya has to go first and foremost. Him and Yousuf Pathan are birds of a feather - certainly won't win any 50 over World Cup.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Aren't the captain and coach selecting the final eleven when on tour?
    Unfortunately both our coach and captain are utterly useless.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,528
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Power failure after the top-3 as always.

    Pandya has to go first and foremost. Him and Yousuf Pathan are birds of a feather - certainly won't win any 50 over World Cup.
    Pandya is the best since Kapil Dev. You can't just disrespect him like that.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    680
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drop dhoni and save India's WC campaign.Today's knock convinced me.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,041
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    It seems that half our world cup squad will comprise of harmless trundlers and past it buddhas. :
    Half? World Cup will take place after IPL. so you can expect another half players to get injured by the time of the World Cup.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,516
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it was Dhoni who loved trundlers and Kohli was supposed to bring in the Yadavs and the Aarons in the side. Why then are we still persisting with Bhuvi, Shardul etc.?

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    12,722
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    So it was Dhoni who loved trundlers and Kohli was supposed to bring in the Yadavs and the Aarons in the side. Why then are we still persisting with Bhuvi, Shardul etc.?
    Your fellow countrymen here were missing Kumar as a first choice pacer just a few days back. Suddenly he's rubbish

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Might as well bring back Gambhir too.
    Was not he recently selected for a test series?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,528
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Your fellow countrymen here were missing Kumar as a first choice pacer just a few days back. Suddenly he's rubbish
    Bumrah is injured. Let him come back then we will talk.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    96
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between Kohli-Shastri-Dhoni its a game of favourites, the likes or rain will keep getting selected, We might see Yuvi back in the squad next, the likes or rahul or any young players who threaten of becoming stars will not be givena chance and this will bring doom for India and next years world cup and all the series leading upto it expect ofcourse while playing SRL and WI when the likes of Dhoni make merry and paper over the cracks.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Power failure after the top-3 as always.

    Pandya has to go first and foremost. Him and Yousuf Pathan are birds of a feather - certainly won't win any 50 over World Cup.
    So who is your no.7 ?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Sourav Ganguly on commentary repeating what i said. India need a no.4 and no.5

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,727
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So who is your no.7 ?
    Somebody who is not a bits-and-pieces hack for a start. How about? :

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli (c)
    Rahul
    Pandey
    Iyer
    Pant (WK)
    Kumar
    Yadav
    Kuldeep
    Chahal

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,322
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Somebody who is not a bits-and-pieces hack for a start. How about? :

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli (c)
    Rahul
    Pandey
    Iyer
    Pant (WK)
    Kumar
    Yadav
    Kuldeep
    Chahal
    Who will bowl 50 overs?

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    6,232
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One bad match, all guns blazing. Same team won the 1st ODI emphatically

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    747
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is nothing the selectors can do if the management doesn't play those players...Rahul and Kartik. By selecting Dhoni and Rina the selectors are being safe but they did select players that fans want but Kohli doesn't give them enough chances.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    1,372
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    One bad match, all guns blazing. Same team won the 1st ODI emphatically
    But they bottled up the series. Hence the guns blazing.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    2,247
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team and selection would be in this batting order. Offcourse when you know dhoni cant be dropped.dhoni is not a finisher anymore. I would like to give him chance at n.o 3 to build innings if he cannot be dropped.

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Dhoni
    Kohli
    Kl rahul
    Dinesh karthik
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi or jadeja
    Bumrah
    Umesh or shami

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,568
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since everyone is becoming a selector and posting teams, let me also copy paste a ideal team selection (Essay title" If I was Indian selector").

    This England ODI series has confirmed Raina and Dhoni should no longer be part of Indian T20/ODI cricket team. Age has caught up with them and with no disrespect to their glorious achievements in the past, they need to go.

    Indian batting order in T20/ODI : Dhawan,Rohit ,Virat ,Lokesh Rahul (who should be a guaranteed starter for next 20 games), Risabh Pant(wk), Krunal Pandya (who lends greater balance than Manish Pandey or Suresh Raina) and Hardik Pandya .

    It is a good team with right balance of freakish batters who can indulge in crazy six hitting (Rohit,Hardik,Pant) to compliment with traditional batters (Kohli,Dhawan,KLRahul)who are more of ground shot boundary players . In IPL, Krunal Pandya is proven he is as good as Robin singh (if one has to cite an example) when it comes to late order batting.His left arm spin is very decent and can get couple wickets in between especially if he is targeted becos other teams may decide to play kuldeep +chahal more safely.

    When it comes to bowling Bumrah along with one out of Shami/Bhuvi/Umesh should be main bowlers along with Kuldeep + Chahal spin combo. This team has at its availability 30 overs of spin or seam bowling which can be utilised as per pitch conditions. As 5th bowler ,if its spin track , Krunal can bowl 10 overs or if seam track then Hardik can put in 10 overs. Anyway bowling has never been India's strength but in past tournaments bowlers have delivered ,so this is best bowling combo available to get 10 wkts.

    If this team is selected,it will surely encounter challenges and setbacks in the coming months, but if one has to take France example from FIFA worldcup 2018, youngsters have a higher probablity of getting India the ICC WC2019.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    193
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be better to drop dhoni as late as possible thereby hiding Pant..he should be made opener in WC19 with the license to smash and as we proceed to Semis and Finals our regular openers should return and Pant should be our finisher...he should be our trump card...this strategy may workout as it will confuse opponents thereby avoiding them from devicing winning gameplan😂😂😂

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,568
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodipet_baadshah View Post
    It would be better to drop dhoni as late as possible thereby hiding Pant..he should be made opener in WC19 with the license to smash and as we proceed to Semis and Finals our regular openers should return and Pant should be our finisher...he should be our trump card...this strategy may workout as it will confuse opponents thereby avoiding them from devicing winning gameplan������
    you just decoded kohli and dhoni masterplan

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,149
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blame no one else but the Dhoni mafia which has a vice like grip on Indian cricket. This mafia includes not just BCCI officials, some cricket pundits but Dhoni's PR agency and some media minions.

    See how easily the discussion became about Dhoni's retirement to divert attention from his pathetic batting. They even talked about his batting position as if that will change anything.

    Been shouting for months now this mafia will hurt us in 2019 WC and this series only proved the point.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,407
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    My team and selection would be in this batting order. Offcourse when you know dhoni cant be dropped.dhoni is not a finisher anymore. I would like to give him chance at n.o 3 to build innings if he cannot be dropped.

    Dhawan
    Rohit
    Dhoni
    Kohli
    Kl rahul
    Dinesh karthik
    Pandya
    Kuldeep
    Bhuvi or jadeja
    Bumrah
    Umesh or shami
    You would swap the position of one best ever ODI batsman just to accommodate Dhoni? That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    9,180
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will go with this:-

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rahul(leave him there for 20 matches)
    Raina/Karthik
    Dhoni(since he won't be dropped)
    Pandya
    Bhuvi
    Kuldeep
    Bumrah
    Shami/Umesh

    Raina brings the left-hand/ right-hand combination into action. I cant say how much it will work but CSK in this IPL followed this strategy and did wonders for them, which is why Indian team picked Raina and dropped Rahul in final ODI. Karthik is in good form too. So, let's see how it works.

    If Dhoni had retired in 2016, Pant would have been in place of him at 6.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •