User Tag List

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why are we celebrating and glorifying our players based on results against a below-par Zimbabwe?

"Pakistan's biggest win", "record victory".

"Damn, we really bulldozed them! What a whitewash!".

"ATG bats, we really are the number one team in the world!!11".

Okay, stop it.

Enough glorification, enough ecstasy and drama. When will we realize the reality? We're playing minnows that are at their worst.

We're glorifying batsmen who cannot hold the bat against half decent pace bowling.

We're glorifying batsmen if for whom you block their singles/doubles, they cannot hit to save their lives.

We're glorifying poor selections that will EMBARRASS us at the world cup, or any stage where we're competing with the top 4 sides, with decent pace bowlers.

It's important to not lose track of reality. Our batting cannot win us matches against the top sides or in world tournaments, barring exceptions.

Minnow and spin-only bashers must go.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of Pakistan vs Zimbabwe... Use to be interesting before because you never knew which Pakistan would show up, but this current team is professional and clinical which makes for dull viewing.

About time they played a top side to see how good this team is.
    Last edited by Aman; 18th July 2018 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting tired of Pakistan vs Zimbabwe... Use to be interesting before because you never knew which Pakistan would show up, but this current team is professional and clinical which makes for dull viewing.

About time they played a top side to see how good this team is.

The typical minnow bashers who take advantage of inept bowlers plus slow pitches cannot do anything on half decent pitches or against pacers. Averages will be in single digit or in 20s in England.

Reality check will be done soon.

I'm tired and bored of this minnow bashing and losing interest in cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But every team is a minnow against this Pakistsn side

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think it’s commendable that teams like Pakistan (a top side) tours Zimbabwe. I can’t recall the last time England, India or NZ did that.

But the team played is just way too strong. Should’ve tested our bench strength. Even then we’ve been out of cricket for a while so we had to go with an A side. As you said it’s made the matches dull and uneventful. It’s a warm up to Asia Cup I guess, and from then we’ll see how we do.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    But every team is a minnow against this Pakistsn side
    Didn't you get sweeped in NZ?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have you heard of a fluke?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People have short memories.

They think we're the best in the world because we recently beat ZIM and had won the champions trophy some years back.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-one is celebrating this win. Not sure what you have been reading.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Who's celebrating the win? In fact did anyone even celebrate the victories over Australia in the T20s?

Goodness me, the hysteria/pessimism when Pakistan lose, or win is ridiculous.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Well I think it’s commendable that teams like Pakistan (a top side) tours Zimbabwe. I can’t recall the last time England, India or NZ did that.

But the team played is just way too strong. Should’ve tested our bench strength. Even then we’ve been out of cricket for a while so we had to go with an A side. As you said it’s made the matches dull and uneventful. It’s a warm up to Asia Cup I guess, and from then we’ll see how we do.
    India toured Zim in 2016 for 3 ODI's and 3 T20's.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was so people still underestimate us for the WC. We showed a glimpse of our true self in the T20 series at the end.

Master strategist

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    India toured Zim in 2016 for 3 ODI's and 3 T20's.
    Thanks, more so the Asian teams tour Zim rather than anyone else.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Thanks, more so the Asian teams tour Zim rather than anyone else.
    It's not about touring ZIM.

It's about what team you play, and how you glorify your wins against a D grade fielded by an already minnow side.

IND does not glorify, neither sends their FULL STRENGTH teams to ZIM.

AND, they also have a strong ODI team that has a real chance at winning the WC. We have minnow bashers and no hitters, and people who can only average in single digits or 20s in England.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th July 2018 at 13:57.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least they are getting some cricket

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    "Pakistan's biggest win", "record victory".

"Damn, we really bulldozed them! What a whitewash!".

"ATG bats, we really are the number one team in the world!!11".

Okay, stop it.

Enough glorification, enough ecstasy and drama. When will we realize the reality? We're playing minnows that are at their worst.

We're glorifying batsmen who cannot hold the bat against half decent pace bowling.

We're glorifying batsmen if for whom you block their singles/doubles, they cannot hit to save their lives.

We're glorifying poor selections that will EMBARRASS us at the world cup, or any stage where we're competing with the top 4 sides, with decent pace bowlers.

It's important to not lose track of reality. Our batting cannot win us matches against the top sides or in world tournaments, barring exceptions.

Minnow and spin-only bashers must go.
    Because you have the best five cricketers in the world from 7 to 11 i.e. the best bowling attack and the best bowling allrounder. Sarfraz as a keeper batsman is underrated and only behind Butler and QDK. You have a clutch opener in fakhar and a top middle order batsman in Babar.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Don't think anyone doubts the true litmus test for us lies in this winter's series.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Because you have the best five cricketers in the world from 7 to 11 i.e. the best bowling attack and the best bowling allrounder. Sarfraz as a keeper batsman is underrated and only behind Butler and QDK. You have a clutch opener in fakhar and a top middle order batsman in Babar.
    Bowling is good. Fakhar is good, Babar is fine but average to decent at best at high scoring chases/totals.

Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Don't think anyone doubts the true litmus test for us lies in this winter's series.
    Just not knowing is not enough. People are under a false assumption that we're the best with this current batting lineup and it will hold against the best sides or at the world stage.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As a fan, I haven’t watched any Pakistan cricket since the end of the England tour. Have not even bothered with the highlights.
    It’s just a pointless tour to follow as a fan

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Pakistan. A win is a win.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bowling is good. Fakhar is good, Babar is fine but average to decent at best at high scoring chases/totals.

Just not knowing is not enough. People are under a false assumption that we're the best with this current batting lineup and it will hold against the best sides or at the world stage.
    Babar is a good no.3 i think. If Imam and Asif Ali performs in the ODI's against OZ/NZ in their given roles you'll have your XI.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know there was a match today.

Level of interest in this series is next to zero.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not about touring ZIM.

It's about what team you play, and how you glorify your wins against a D grade fielded by an already minnow side.

IND does not glorify, neither sends their FULL STRENGTH teams to ZIM.

AND, they also have a strong ODI team that has a real chance at winning the WC. We have minnow bashers and no hitters, and people who can only average in single digits or 20s in England.
    If you followed the trail, I said that it was commendable that teams still tour Zim and they aren't shown the door. Cricket wants to be a world sport and if we seclude historic nations then that's the opposite of what we want of the game.

I also said that we should've sent a B side, since even a Pak A vs Pak B would be more competitive than this. The main reason why we've got a full strength squad is to keep fresh for the Asia Cup as we haven't played much ODI cricket this year, so we needed a refresher. The results mean nothing, performances are great though. But again, it's against D grade opposition. Nothing to celebrate.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a sign of things to come.

This team will win the Asia Cup and comfortably so, you heard it here first.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ask the OP to post reference to the quotes he has pasted in the OP. If he fails to do that his thread based on false premise should be removed. Nothing but attention seeking. No Pakistani fan has claimed we are the best in the world.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can only beat what's in front of you. However the ruthlessness is a welcome surprise, even though it makes for a poor viewing. I remember Wasim Akram once said in an interview that Imran would always drive this point home "girti wee dewar ko aik dikka aur do"

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Can't take this team seriously after the 5-0 drubbing in New Zealand, but when a team is mediocre, the fans are also mediocre and have low standards, so I am not surprised to see the celebrations.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post

Congrats for Asia cup win in advance.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Can't take this team seriously after the 5-0 drubbing in New Zealand, but when a team is mediocre, the fans are also mediocre and have low standards, so I am not surprised to see the celebrations.
    So you have accepted you are not Pakistan fan or are you calling yourself mediocre too?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even when we win the WC, @Mamoon would be calling it a fluke because we lost 5-0 in NZ

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only interest I have in this series to check randomly if our team has had a typical minnow gift award day or not.
    This series should be between Pak-A and ZIM.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol didn't even watch this series. Everyone knows how this team will be exposed 9 times out of 10 when it consistently plays England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, India

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's celebrating?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the way do op have any proof of pak fan celebration? or he is upset his favourites comeback is almost over.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for making this thread. Was just about to post this.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Do you have a problem with fans celebrating? No one is forcing you to join them. Certain Pakistani fan are just annoying. They have a problem when Pakistan dominates, they have a problem when Pakistan wins games, they have problems with whom Pakistan plays....do us all and yourself a favor and stop being a fan if you have so many problems with Pakistan team, because those problems wont go away any time soon. I don't have a problem with people criticizing the team but when you become a borderline hater that's when it becomes annoying (not saying that you are a hater OP i say this to the general fans who behave this way). Own fans calling CT a fluke, even though the players gave it their all to win that trophy against all odds. This is just plain disrespectful to the team when the fans who are suppose to support claim such rubbish. Some people here do not deserve to be Pakistan cricket team fans, and are an embarrassment to the real supporters. If you can't appreciate the team, bash on them every moment you get, and disregards their victories as flukes it's better for you to support some other team. Again criticism is fine but attacking the team 24/7 is just annoying.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Because our cricket is going north and we are closing on the gap with other top teams. Pakistan will be among top 3 limited overs team within 2 years.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Congrats Pakistan. A win is a win.
    Congrats on series win

One one hand , the Indian ODI series win vs SA is discredited because only two players (DeVeliiers + Markram ) were not playing.
    But when Zimbabwe B team is beaten by Pakistan it is well ..............." A win is a win" holds true.
    Well i guess C'est la vie.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy on the series win as against minnows, you still have to win. But I have to admit, I am cringing at some of the reactions by some fans on here, acting as if we're a great team and resorting on trolling other posters based on this victory. @Mamoon may be very negative and have bias against Pakistan, but I have to say I do agree with his point about NZ series showing us our place. Yes we were great in the CT but we need to carry on doing well, I wonder if we played NZ in NZ now if we'd do better.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    As a fan, I haven’t watched any Pakistan cricket since the end of the England tour. Have not even bothered with the highlights.
    It’s just a pointless tour to follow as a fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend786 View Post
    I didn't even know there was a match today.

Level of interest in this series is next to zero.
    Same here. Playing full strength squads, that too your certified minnow bashers (who always fail against the top sides) is a shame. Too boring.

And too long series. Just improving rankings. No quality, competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post

Yes, this is the kind of things we cringe about. Asia Cup win cannot be ruled out as it's a fluke, just have to beat IND with a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I would ask the OP to post reference to the quotes he has pasted in the OP. If he fails to do that his thread based on false premise should be removed. Nothing but attention seeking. No Pakistani fan has claimed we are the best in the world.
    Lol, watch any TV channel. And monitor the threads here too.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mute Witness View Post
    You can only beat what's in front of you. However the ruthlessness is a welcome surprise, even though it makes for a poor viewing. I remember Wasim Akram once said in an interview that Imran would always drive this point home "girti wee dewar ko aik dikka aur do"
    Such a long series with D grade side of an already minnow, playing with full strength. No, that's not how top teams play cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    True.

If there was a series starting tomorrow between Pak and Eng/Indi/NZ, they'd beat us 5-0, at max 5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    The only interest I have in this series to check randomly if our team has had a typical minnow gift award day or not.
    This series should be between Pak-A and ZIM.

Thank you for saying this. Many are not getting the point.

First, we schedule such a long tour with D grade side of an already minnow. Then we don't play/try people who can play pace and can hit the ball.

We're preparing the team that will be beaten by any top side at the WC. Only hope is bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Lol didn't even watch this series. Everyone knows how this team will be exposed 9 times out of 10 when it consistently plays England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, India
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. Was just about to post this.

You're welcome.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    ........ but I have to say I do agree with his point about NZ series showing us our place. Yes we were great in the CT but we need to carry on doing well, I wonder if we played NZ in NZ now if we'd do better.
    That is very true.

Unfortunately, such victories hide our flaws and we forget that many of our batsmen are not capable of dishing it out against top team bowlers.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The attention seeking type of Pak cricket haters are just ticked off for the reason that Pak is progressing as a cricket team vs their dark and gloomy cricket forecast in Pak after the Captain fantastic retired from ODIs.

Pak was, per them, heading south in terms of ranking and was soon to be below in ranking vs other Minnow Asian teams. Well, as long as Sarfraz is leading, i see us getting stronger only. Good luck in your hate.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th July 2018 at 21:29.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players like Malik and Hafeez should've rested themselves and let younger players have a go also some other seniors aswell.
    That's the problem selfish seniors not letting others have a go and enjoying bashing Zimbabwe D team.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    Congrats on series win

One one hand , the Indian ODI series win vs SA is discredited because only two players (DeVeliiers + Markram ) were not playing.
    But when Zimbabwe B team is beaten by Pakistan it is well ..............." A win is a win" holds true.
    Bhai, when did I discredit an Indian win? My point was that a win is a win. Players do not decide who will play and who will not play in opposition. Congrats to India on SA ODI + T20 series win and congrats to Pak for Zim series win. Hope both teams improve and both give good fight to our team and make WC interesting.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on series win

And ABD actually played the last 3 matches . And SA's bowling attack was full strength in all 6 matches.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am here to point only one aspect as other teams are being criticized for not sending top teams.

There's no use of sending a top team where the minnow will get bowled out in less than 100. There's hardly 2 or 3 batsman will get practice and if you don't shuffle, that simply makes it even more pointless.

This series should have been to test the bench strength.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    The attention seeking type of Pak cricket haters are just ticked off for the reason that Pak is progressing as a cricket team vs their dark and gloomy cricket forecast in Pak after the Captain fantastic retired from ODIs.

Pak was, per them, heading south in terms of ranking and was soon to be below in ranking vs other Minnow Asian teams. Well, as long as Sarfraz is leading, i see us getting stronger only. Good luck in your hate.
    Playing with minnow doesn't help in finding glory days. Blame PCB for atrocious schedule but this on the other hand, has no significance in so called progress.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The threads being bumped about us having the best fast bowlers in the world are a little cringe worthy. We shouldn't read too much into these results. We also shouldn't have sent our best 11 out there.

But all we can do is win the games and move on. Don't agree with OP about how bad our team is. It has potential. But still not sure about Imam in ODIs. Malik needs to be ditched in ODIs as well.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Playing with minnow doesn't help in finding glory days. Blame PCB for atrocious schedule but this on the other hand, has no significance in so called progress.
    Let me make it more clear to you if you like to read between the lines. Some people are never happy for the fact that we have improved by Miles in a short period of time. If we win a tournament, it's a fluke. If we win a test, we got Lucky. I was just referring to those. As I said, like many, I have not much interest in this series. I like the fact that we are dismissing a Minnow side as we should unlike in the past.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on series win

The poster you quoted isn't a Pakistan fan, so what's the point of your post?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    So you have accepted you are not Pakistan fan or are you calling yourself mediocre too?
    Why not be both?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't see anyone celebrating or glorifying this win save for a select few. I didn't even know there was a game on last night until I got home and my brother had it on TV. Heck, even the match thread last night was practically dead.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your talking on PP, then at best I've only seen a few people glorifying and celebrating. More than that I'm just seeing a good amount of sarcasm towards Zimbabwe, along with complaints of why this series is 5 games.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can only defeat what is in front of us. If victory is irrelevant then should not have played them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "Pakistan's batting moves into modern era"

"Record breaking series"

"Golden era has started"

"Fakhar is the best opener in Pakistan's history" (even though I like him)

"Shoaib Malik, greatest batsman in our history"

Forgetting that we were recently whitewashed 5-0 by New Zealand. And with TTFs in the lineup, we may not put up any show against a top side.

Looks like this series is going to harm us in the long term rather than benefit. OTT celebrations, ignoring our faults.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Celebrating landmarks will always happen. Whether it is against poorer opposition or the best of the best. I agree that some of the people are getting too excited. But who are we to judge? This is part of the sport. Fans will have different opinions. But the criticism is even worse imo. You're supposed to support your team. Especially when they're winning. Some people on here need to learn that.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are firm favorites for the WC after this record breaking series.

Fakhar and Imam are rewriting the history books with each game.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly on all the Pakistani cricket fans I know no one is celebrating about winning this series or breaking records.

Now if a few fans are creating threads then it’s those fans choice. It’s a forum where people have different opinions but that doesn’t mean it represents everyone and the op should know better.

Zimbabwe have to be played like everyone else. If a team like India doesn’t want to play Pakistan then we have to play more teams that are available and that unfortunately means someone like Sri Lanka twice instead of them.

Most fans do not want this but what can we do if one team doesn’t want to play ? And this same team has no qualms playing Pakistan in “tournaments”. Glad they got deal with in last years final because had we not the arrogance would have gotten even bigger.

I’d direct my anger at them because if it was a even International cricket calendar like it should be in any sport then the fixtures would be more even handed and we wouldn’t have to play teams like Sri Lanka regularly.

The sad thing is this happens only in cricket as the major Sport where countries pick and chose determined by politics, power and money.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "Pakistan's batting moves into modern era"

"Record breaking series"

"Golden era has started"

"Fakhar is the best opener in Pakistan's history" (even though I like him)

"Shoaib Malik, greatest batsman in our history"

Forgetting that we were recently whitewashed 5-0 by New Zealand. And with TTFs in the lineup, we may not put up any show against a top side.

Looks like this series is going to harm us in the long term rather than benefit. OTT celebrations, ignoring our faults.
    Record-breaking series is factual, unless facts don't matter.

Golden era thread is old.

No one said that about Malik.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont think there is any harm in celebrating a win.

But we rarely see our batting perform, so perhaps thats why people are excited.

Personally looking at the talent we have we should ruthlessly win the Asia Cup and World Cup.

Hasan Ali
    Shadab Khan
    Amir
    Fakhar zaman
    Sarfraz
    Asif Ali

At the moment we have like 6 match winning players so we should be winning everything and thats why we are.

One off defeats against Australia in T20 dont matter.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai jo khush ho raha ha usay hone do aap ko kia takleef ha? Jb haaren gy to dekhi jae gi...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    I dont think there is any harm in celebrating a win.

But we rarely see our batting perform, so perhaps thats why people are excited.

Personally looking at the talent we have we should ruthlessly win the Asia Cup and World Cup.

Hasan Ali
    Shadab Khan
    Amir
    Fakhar zaman
    Sarfraz
    Asif Ali

At the moment we have like 6 match winning players so we should be winning everything and thats why we are.

One off defeats against Australia in T20 dont matter.
    Some might be joking about it or trying to jinx, but if Pakistan win the Asia Cup, they've got to be in mosts top 2-3 favorites for the WC along with Eng and Aus.

India are starting to falter and some weaknesses are becoming clear. We saw what happened in the CT in England. I have real doubts about this Indian team's ability to perform under immense pressure, Kohli is just not a very inspiring or composed captain who can lead them to victory. NZ and SA just not there and will be fighting for 5 and 6.
    Last edited by Aman; 22nd July 2018 at 13:04.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are going to beat a minnow - this is the way to do it. Break records left, right and centre.

Now, obviously that doesn't mean PAK is the World Cup favourite but it also doesn't mean people should criticise those that feel the need to celebrate the series win.

This is a young team that is going from strength to strength. I don't understand why instead of backing these exciting prospects, people are jumping from one extreme to another. Some people just feel a constant need to pamper their egos.

'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

'It's the one to be afraid of.'

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    No-one is celebrating this win. Not sure what you have been reading.
    OP is clearly making stuff up (probably to get attention)

People are happy about the performance, but no one is calling Pak world beaters based on this series

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People saying this. Under other captains, we'd have either lost a game, or won them by 50-100 runs. This is record breaking stuff that is showing we have the right mentality and hunger to win. My thread, which @Hawkeye mentioned is an example of the right attitude. In the past, we'd have made 250-270 and been happy with an easy win. Now we're going to crush them.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one is celebrating it people are just happy that during misbahs era we would have struggled to put 275 against this attack.