Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Where will Liverpool finish in the 2018-19 Premier League season?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Champions

    4 28.57%
  • 2nd

    3 21.43%
  • 3rd

    4 28.57%
  • 4th

    1 7.14%
  • 5th

    0 0%
  • 6th

    1 7.14%
  • 7-10

    0 0%
  • 11-15

    0 0%
  • 16-20

    1 7.14%
Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,922
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Where will Liverpool finish in the 2018-19 Premier League season?

    I think 3rd. They have sorted their keeper out problem, they need to sort their defense out as well IMO.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    25,227
    Mentioned
    1181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Liverpool dealt massive Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain injury blow - with midfielder set to miss ENTIRE 2018/19 season

    Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Liverpool midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is set to miss the entire 2018/19 season.

    The Reds were reluctant to put a time frame on his likely return when he suffered a season-ending knee injury in the Champions League semi-final first leg against Roma at Anfield back in April.

    However, it has now emerged that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be sidelined for around a year in total and is unlikely to play any part in the upcoming campaign.

    The 24-year-old hasn't suffered a setback and the surgery he underwent eight days after being stretchered off was deemed a success.

    Klopp says that Oxlade-Chamberlain had requested that Liverpool didn't release details about the full extent of the injury towards the end of last term as he didn't want to dent the feelgood factor en route to the Champions League final in Kiev.

    The ECHO understands that he damaged his posterior cruciate ligament and his anterior cruciate ligament, as well as medial ligaments when he slid in to dispossess Roma's Aleksandar Kolarov. As a result he now faces a gruelling rehabilitation programme.

    “It feels like now is an appropriate time to tell people that for Ox this coming season will be about focusing on recovery and rehab,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.

    “We have known this from pretty much the day after he got the injury and after the successful surgery, we were sure of it. I hope everyone treats this information responsibly.

    “There has been no change, no setback – it’s exactly on the schedule we expected and planned for. The new information is that we’re now giving more detail publicly.

    “It is typical of Ox that he didn’t want the news to overshadow the end of the season and, to be quite honest, we thought we could wait and tell people at an appropriate time.

    “His surgery, which he had on the day of our second leg in Rome, has been completely successful and his recovery has started superbly well.

    “But the truth of the matter is that we are preparing this season knowing he will not be with us on the pitch for competitive matches for the majority of it. If we do see him back this season it will be a bonus.”

    Liverpool's transfer activity this summer has been carried out in the knowledge that Oxlade-Chamberlain is unlikely to feature this season.

    Klopp has been assured that he will make a full recovery and expects him to play a key role for the Reds in 2019/20.

    “It is so important because of how valuable and important he is to what we are looking to do here in the coming seasons that the focus is on doing this right and not rushed. Ox is completely on board with this approach,” Klopp added.

    “He is such an outstandingly good person and someone who even when not playing is integral to the heartbeat of Melwood.

    “I cannot wait to have him back with us for matches, but we will wait for him and we will show the patience that is required to make sure he comes back ready to continue where he left off: as one of the most outstanding performers in European football in that moment.”

    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...xlade-14925294


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,739
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside the top 4 where they belong, they dont have the mentality to compete anymore.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since Klopp has arrived he has been building his own team and now we are finally close to having a team which will compete for the title.

    It will be tough as Man City and Man Utd will also be competing for glory but if we can beat those teams who park the bus against us, we have a great chance this season.

    As an LFC I predict we will be champions.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Outside the top 4 where they belong, they dont have the mentality to compete anymore.
    What you on about with your "mentality" rubbish?. We reached the CL final last year and have added quality bringing in Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita and much needed goal keeper in Alisson. Still behind City in terms of overall quality who I think we will finish behind. I expect us to be ahead of Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal come the end of the season. Despite Klopp insisting our shopping is over there could still be some more signings.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,739
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    What you on about with your "mentality" rubbish?. We reached the CL final last year and have added quality bringing in Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita and much needed goal keeper in Alisson. Still behind City in terms of overall quality who I think we will finish behind. I expect us to be ahead of Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal come the end of the season. Despite Klopp insisting our shopping is over there could still be some more signings.
    Ive been hearing it for more than 20 years now, liverpool fans singing the season is gona be theres.

    You might have added quality to your squad but those players (Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita) are not going to win you titles, i expect you will battle it out for the 5th spot with Arsenal.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,501
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Top 3

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Ive been hearing it for more than 20 years now, liverpool fans singing the season is gona be theres.

    You might have added quality to your squad but those players (Shaqiri, Fabinho, Keita) are not going to win you titles, i expect you will battle it out for the 5th spot with Arsenal.
    I did not say we are gonna win the league but will run City closer then anyone else. Fab, Shaq and co are an upgrade on what we have head previously. N being household names does not mean they won't perform miracles. Most of City's big buys were also unknown before joining them. We will finish second maybe third at the very worst!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admittedly just a friendly yet we still defeated Man City 2-1 in America some hours back. Salah doing the business again joined by Mane on the score sheet after City went 1-0 up. Both teams were without many of their star players.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,644
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool will win the league if they sign a good attacking midfielder or else again will struggle to beat teams like West Brom and Crystal Palace who defend deep.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,922
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    Liverpool will win the league if they sign a good attacking midfielder or else again will struggle to beat teams like West Brom and Crystal Palace who defend deep.
    I don't think you're gonna beat West Brom in the upcoming season. I wonder why that is.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,644
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I don't think you're gonna beat West Brom in the upcoming season. I wonder why that is.
    Oh man u know what I mean. Lol.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proud_pakistani View Post
    Liverpool will win the league if they sign a good attacking midfielder or else again will struggle to beat teams like West Brom and Crystal Palace who defend deep.
    I agree if you mean we need a number 10, Couts replacement.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,644
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I agree if you mean we need a number 10, Couts replacement.
    Yes.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,187
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    A cousin of Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour failed with a record £2bn takeover bid for Liverpool this year.

    A Liverpool source told BBC Sport the club was not for sale and there were no ongoing discussions with any group.

    They said club owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) regularly receive "proposals of interest", and this approach had not reached them directly.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    93,187
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,271
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd or 3rd I think.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    We are edging wins, which is a great sign. It's not the best side that often wins a League, rather the side that can win games ugly and hang on to 3 points often enjoys the last laugh. Couple of years back, I am sure that C Palace game would have ended 1-1, and today's home game 0-0 or 1-1. VVD & Alisson had been the best signing in many years - probably more valuable than even Suarez. Eventually, we'll need a No. 10 (Mane is wearing No. 10, but I am looking for someone to play behind Firmino), and if we can buy Pulisic in January, it's possible to give MCity a tight run.

    I actually don't think Firmino is a No. 9 - he doesn't poach goals, and neither good in air, rather he is fantastic as 2nd forward, just behind a No. 9. His off the ball movements are excellent, ball control in narrow space, 1st touch, ambidextrous shooting accuracy are made in Brazil, and his short passing range in attacking 3rd is probably best in EPL - a perfect foil for 2nd striker (No. 10). Klopp doesn't play target man, neither his wingers float the ball from flanks, rather he uses interchanging forward 3.

    One interesting observation is, he uses wingers with wrong foot - Mo at right wing, Mane at left and Shakiri at right as well, all in wrong feet; which suggests his game plan is cut-back from wing with ball. In that regard, Pluisic is good, but the ideal buy for us in January - I would go with Dybala (or may be Icardi). Both are very much Klopp type forward with outstanding ball skills, goal poaching ability and quick burst of speed in short range.

    Dybala as tip of the attack, flanked by Mane & Mo (with Sturridge & Shakiri as back up), Firmino just behind Dybala; Keita & Fabinho/Wijnaldum/Henderson to run in mid-field .... it's possible to chase MCity till last game in May, specially if we are out of Cup ties early.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd because City will be more consistent.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have become a super club if the Yanks had sold Liverpool FC to the Arabs. Staying on topic we are winning despite not playing very well at the moment. I don't see us finishing outside the top two. The tough matches will be away visits to the likes of Leicester we have on Saturday.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    We are edging wins, which is a great sign. It's not the best side that often wins a League, rather the side that can win games ugly and hang on to 3 points often enjoys the last laugh. Couple of years back, I am sure that C Palace game would have ended 1-1, and today's home game 0-0 or 1-1. VVD & Alisson had been the best signing in many years - probably more valuable than even Suarez. Eventually, we'll need a No. 10 (Mane is wearing No. 10, but I am looking for someone to play behind Firmino), and if we can buy Pulisic in January, it's possible to give MCity a tight run.

    I actually don't think Firmino is a No. 9 - he doesn't poach goals, and neither good in air, rather he is fantastic as 2nd forward, just behind a No. 9. His off the ball movements are excellent, ball control in narrow space, 1st touch, ambidextrous shooting accuracy are made in Brazil, and his short passing range in attacking 3rd is probably best in EPL - a perfect foil for 2nd striker (No. 10). Klopp doesn't play target man, neither his wingers float the ball from flanks, rather he uses interchanging forward 3.

    One interesting observation is, he uses wingers with wrong foot - Mo at right wing, Mane at left and Shakiri at right as well, all in wrong feet; which suggests his game plan is cut-back from wing with ball. In that regard, Pluisic is good, but the ideal buy for us in January - I would go with Dybala (or may be Icardi). Both are very much Klopp type forward with outstanding ball skills, goal poaching ability and quick burst of speed in short range.

    Dybala as tip of the attack, flanked by Mane & Mo (with Sturridge & Shakiri as back up), Firmino just behind Dybala; Keita & Fabinho/Wijnaldum/Henderson to run in mid-field .... it's possible to chase MCity till last game in May, specially if we are out of Cup ties early.
    Dybala will be coup of the decade, but let's be realistic - it is not going to happen. Ronaldo's ego might push him out of Turin (he does not like playing with skilled forwards who can steal the spotlight), but at 24-25, when he is entering his peak years of what is going to be a stellar career, going to Klopp's Liverpool will be a backward step.

    His only potential destination(s) in England today is Pep's City as Aguero's replacement, but Zidane's Man United next year could also be a distinct possibility. Real Madrid will also need a galactico forward next summer, looks like they are chasing shadows with Hazard this time. Bayern is also a possibility, they will need replenish their aging forward line very soon.

    Of course, you can never discount PSG who have made fantasy football a reality. They can easily replace him with Cavani - put Mbappe in the middle and Dybala on the right, and form a dream attacking trio of DMN. The point is, there are far better options at Dybala's disposal than Liverpool, and if he does indeed sign for Liverpool, it will be a shocking transfer.

    I understand the optimism of Liverpool fan's these days. After all, they are playing smashing football and were possibly one dirty challenge by Ramos away from winning UCL #6, and Klopp has understood the psyche of the fans and they look like Man City's biggest challengers, but we should also not lose sight of the fact that Klopp has not won anything yet.

    If Liverpool don't land the BPL or the UCL within the next two years, the likes of Salah, Mane, Firminho, Keita, Allison etc. could lead a mass exodus - loyalty has little place in modern football, and these players will not spend the prime of their careers in the shadow of Man City in England and Madrid, Barca, Juventus, Bayern and Paris in Europe.

    Dybala's agent is probably aware of this, and moving backwards at this stage of his career to wear #25 at Liverpool in January is far from the ideal situation, unless of course they believe that he can win the Ballon d'Or by firing Liverpool to Premier League and European glory unlike Salah.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Dybala will be coup of the decade, but let's be realistic - it is not going to happen. Ronaldo's ego might push him out of Turin (he does not like playing with skilled forwards who can steal the spotlight), but at 24-25, when he is entering his peak years of what is going to be a stellar career, going to Klopp's Liverpool will be a backward step.

    His only potential destination(s) in England today is Pep's City as Aguero's replacement, but Zidane's Man United next year could also be a distinct possibility. Real Madrid will also need a galactico forward next summer, looks like they are chasing shadows with Hazard this time. Bayern is also a possibility, they will need replenish their aging forward line very soon.

    Of course, you can never discount PSG who have made fantasy football a reality. They can easily replace him with Cavani - put Mbappe in the middle and Dybala on the right, and form a dream attacking trio of DMN. The point is, there are far better options at Dybala's disposal than Liverpool, and if he does indeed sign for Liverpool, it will be a shocking transfer.

    I understand the optimism of Liverpool fan's these days. After all, they are playing smashing football and were possibly one dirty challenge by Ramos away from winning UCL #6, and Klopp has understood the psyche of the fans and they look like Man City's biggest challengers, but we should also not lose sight of the fact that Klopp has not won anything yet.

    If Liverpool don't land the BPL or the UCL within the next two years, the likes of Salah, Mane, Firminho, Keita, Allison etc. could lead a mass exodus - loyalty has little place in modern football, and these players will not spend the prime of their careers in the shadow of Man City in England and Madrid, Barca, Juventus, Bayern and Paris in Europe.

    Dybala's agent is probably aware of this, and moving backwards at this stage of his career to wear #25 at Liverpool in January is far from the ideal situation, unless of course they believe that he can win the Ballon d'Or by firing Liverpool to Premier League and European glory unlike Salah.
    Again an necessary dig at CR - he played with Karim & Bale at Real, while Neymar left Barca for an unknown reason

    For Liverpool, it was always a matter of 2/3 players at key positions that kept us behind the 9th ball. Even this year, imagine Coutinho in that squad, but I understand that without Coutinho leaving, we won't have got VVD & Alisson for sure.

    I think, in terms of brand value, Liverpool isn't far behind among the clubs you mentioned. In fact, I doubt if any club now can price out a Liverpool player, unless that player himself is willing to leave. The way squad is forming and most of the players just entering into their best 4/5 years, I don't think for any player moving into Liverpool is a backward move - certainly not for a forward failing to make Argentine squad of 23 (& in total 13 cap for Argentina, by the age of 25). At Liverpool, he is certain to start every game and it'll be an unique experience of playing free flowing Latin soccer in an English club. Moving to MU is definitely a possibility as they are a soccer elite like Liverpool, but with lot, lot more money; but if he ends up at MCity, it won't be for the class of Guardiola, rather for Shiekh Mansoor - that has been the case for each of their player. Just like Abrahamovic stopped Hazard from going to Real, not Sarri.

    Dybala will cost at least $150mn & may be close to $350K/week; therefore I don't think unless Mo or VVD is sold at premium, or a good chunk of Liverpool is sold to Arabs/Chinese - it's a possibility. Our Yanks have found their manager, who didn't win anything in 3 years, but has increased the value of the Club from 300mn BP to almost 2billion, and squad value to twice at least - imagine he spent in total less than the worth of Stone's half leg for TAA, Robertson & Gomes - now their combined value will be at least 3 times of Stones. If Dybala doesn't land in Liverpool, that'll certainly not because Klopp didn't win anything or MCity, PSG, Chelsea, for that matter any club offers better brand value - rather because FSG won't invest obnoxious amount for one player, who might not fit in English game or can get seriously injured.
    Last edited by MMHS; 28th August 2018 at 02:31.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,995
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    3rd Place Finish behind chelsea (2nd) and Man city (1st) at end of the season.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Again an necessary dig at CR - he played with Karim & Bale at Real, while Neymar left Barca for an unknown reason
    Benzema has sacrificed his natural flair for Ronaldo and Madrid. He was a different player at Lyon, and indeed he would have been the same player at any other club, but at Madrid he knew his role and accepted it.

    That is why Madrid kept him as their #9 throughout Ronaldo’s time at Madrid, even though they could have pursued better options. The likes of David Villa, Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez and a peak Falcao etc. wouldn’t have been very keen in giving them his goals, unlike Benzema. However, now that Ronaldo is gone, Benzema’s days are numbered.

    Ronaldo has always had a rocky relationship with Bale, and one could see the pain in his eyes when he stole his thunder in Kiev.

    Neymar didn’t leave Barcelona because Messi was unhappy with him; he left Barcelona because it was unfair for him to be in the shadow of the greatest player of all time.

    Messi gave him enough space to shine on his own, but he was not capable of competing with him. That is the difference Messi and Ronaldo, and that is why he is not just a great goal scorer but also a genius playmaker unlike the Portuguese.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Benzema has sacrificed his natural flair for Ronaldo and Madrid. He was a different player at Lyon, and indeed he would have been the same player at any other club, but at Madrid he knew his role and accepted it.

    That is why Madrid kept him as their #9 throughout Ronaldo’s time at Madrid, even though they could have pursued better options. The likes of David Villa, Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez and a peak Falcao etc. wouldn’t have been very keen in giving them his goals, unlike Benzema. However, now that Ronaldo is gone, Benzema’s days are numbered.

    Ronaldo has always had a rocky relationship with Bale, and one could see the pain in his eyes when he stole his thunder in Kiev.

    Neymar didn’t leave Barcelona because Messi was unhappy with him; he left Barcelona because it was unfair for him to be in the shadow of the greatest player of all time.

    Messi gave him enough space to shine on his own, but he was not capable of competing with him. That is the difference Messi and Ronaldo, and that is why he is not just a great goal scorer but also a genius playmaker unlike the Portuguese.
    In a Liverpool thread, you are again trying glorify your hero and defame his greatest competitor, for absolutely no reason. Obviously you did ignore that part, which states failure to make Argentina WC squad or 13 caps at the age of 25 - even you should accept that CR is too good to be threatened by such a prodigious profile.

    Mamoon, accepting your quality as blogger and a person, one disturbing element I have noticed from your every post is a fanatic syndrome - people whom you admire, you'll go crazy to pamper them at every opportunity and shred at every opportunity for whom you despise ... and you won't ever accept the quality or bring the negative side ... depending on who. It's not only about Messi, Ronaldo - I have seen it for Guardiola, Mourinho and not to mention several cricketers. Latest I see is PAK's PM, who at least has got a promotion from you - from Kejriwal to Donald Turmp. And, that's in support of a guy, who has been convicted for corruption by PAK Supreme Court, when he was all mighty PM!!! This is not f*nb*y attitude, this is pure fanaticism.

    Any way, Messi has the biggest ego in the game, which is categorically evident in his Argentina team selection, relationship with Managers. He never moved out of Barca because that the only place where his ego'll be pampered and whoever is there, has to leave his space or move away. Just for the sake of saying - you think CR is going to boot Dybala out of Juve, being threatened for his talent; and that same talent is still a fringe player in a bang average Argentina team, to serve Messi's buddies. I hope, I need not to explain further here. After world cup failure, again, I had noticed for few days, you didn't use the term - GOAT, which is understandable - now he is back in Barca with 10 other world class player around, so you are back.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,995
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Leicester, Spurs, PSG, Southampton, chelsea (LC), Chelsea, Napoli, Man city

    No easy games really coming up for liverpool with CL restarting aswell, lets see how good this sqaud is having to play tough games every 3/4 days.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,501
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2nd.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    In a Liverpool thread, you are again trying glorify your hero and defame his greatest competitor, for absolutely no reason. Obviously you did ignore that part, which states failure to make Argentina WC squad or 13 caps at the age of 25 - even you should accept that CR is too good to be threatened by such a prodigious profile.

    Mamoon, accepting your quality as blogger and a person, one disturbing element I have noticed from your every post is a fanatic syndrome - people whom you admire, you'll go crazy to pamper them at every opportunity and shred at every opportunity for whom you despise ... and you won't ever accept the quality or bring the negative side ... depending on who. It's not only about Messi, Ronaldo - I have seen it for Guardiola, Mourinho and not to mention several cricketers. Latest I see is PAK's PM, who at least has got a promotion from you - from Kejriwal to Donald Turmp. And, that's in support of a guy, who has been convicted for corruption by PAK Supreme Court, when he was all mighty PM!!! This is not f*nb*y attitude, this is pure fanaticism.

    Any way, Messi has the biggest ego in the game, which is categorically evident in his Argentina team selection, relationship with Managers. He never moved out of Barca because that the only place where his ego'll be pampered and whoever is there, has to leave his space or move away. Just for the sake of saying - you think CR is going to boot Dybala out of Juve, being threatened for his talent; and that same talent is still a fringe player in a bang average Argentina team, to serve Messi's buddies. I hope, I need not to explain further here. After world cup failure, again, I had noticed for few days, you didn't use the term - GOAT, which is understandable - now he is back in Barca with 10 other world class player around, so you are back.
    Out of respect for the nature of this thread, I will not carry forward this discussion here. However, I will touch on the Dybala subject, and explain the irrationality of your argument.

    It is beyond any debate that Dybala is among the top young talents in the world. He is not that far off someone like Mbappe, and every team in the world would jump at the chance of signing him if Juventus puts him up for sale.

    Firstly, you are wrong. Dybala was part of the World Cup squad, but he didn’t get playing time.

    The fact that he has few caps for Argentina is largely because it is difficult to accommodate him in the same team as Messi. It is not because of Messi’s ego, but because Dybala is a very similar player in terms of playing style and characteristics (although of course he is nowhere near).

    However, that does not justify why he was completely shunned to the bench. He should have had his chance in the tournament.

    Using this logic, we can also conclude that since Low rejected him, Sane is not one of the top young wingers in the game today. You cannot downplay a player because his manager cannot utilize him. That is the manager’s problem, not the players’ problem.

    Also, it is a bit rich and ironic to see a Ronaldo fan call Messi the biggest ego in the game. It is a baseless claim against a player who is the best playmaker in the world and has given away set-pieces to other players many times. He has also often accepted a deeper role for Argentina because of their lack of creative midfielders.

    It is not Messi’s problem that he is individually better than everyone else. Any team in the world would be built around him and he will be the focal point, simply because there is no one as complete and as brilliant as he is at an individual level.

    You keep ignoring the fact that Ronaldo is nowhere near him in terms of the creative, playmaking aspect. You are also mistaken that Barcelona is the only club who will pamper him. He is at Barcelona because of loyalty, but if he was for sale, even Perez would have traded him for Ronaldo.

    Your understanding of football is better than most people I have met in life, and anyone who understands football knows that Messi is the greatest, but you have an underlying bias against Messi due to some reason.

    That bias has carried forward to Guardiola as well. Universally acclaimed as the best manager in the world today, but you thought he was not cut for English football, but now he has developed a squad that is among the very best English football has seen.

    You are crediting his success for spending money, but the Klopp isn’t on a shoestring budget either, and for all the millions he has spent, his trophy cabinet at Liverpool is catching dust, and will probably continue to catch dust as long as Guardiola is around.

    I understand that some Liverpool fans are in the clouds these days, but perhaps they ought to show more respect to coaches who actually win trophies.

    Liverpool today is a glorified version of Spurs. A team that puts pressure but always ends up empty handed. If Liverpool don’t win the league within two years, there will be no excuse or justification left, other than perhaps that Guardiola is simply superior to Klopp, which of course is true anyway.

    I will not take this discussion in this thread further, so you don’t have to reply. Although I will be happy to carry forward this discussion in another thread.

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Again an necessary dig at CR - he played with Karim & Bale at Real, while Neymar left Barca for an unknown reason

    For Liverpool, it was always a matter of 2/3 players at key positions that kept us behind the 9th ball. Even this year, imagine Coutinho in that squad, but I understand that without Coutinho leaving, we won't have got VVD & Alisson for sure.

    I think, in terms of brand value, Liverpool isn't far behind among the clubs you mentioned. In fact, I doubt if any club now can price out a Liverpool player, unless that player himself is willing to leave. The way squad is forming and most of the players just entering into their best 4/5 years, I don't think for any player moving into Liverpool is a backward move - certainly not for a forward failing to make Argentine squad of 23 (& in total 13 cap for Argentina, by the age of 25). At Liverpool, he is certain to start every game and it'll be an unique experience of playing free flowing Latin soccer in an English club. Moving to MU is definitely a possibility as they are a soccer elite like Liverpool, but with lot, lot more money; but if he ends up at MCity, it won't be for the class of Guardiola, rather for Shiekh Mansoor - that has been the case for each of their player. Just like Abrahamovic stopped Hazard from going to Real, not Sarri.

    Dybala will cost at least $150mn & may be close to $350K/week; therefore I don't think unless Mo or VVD is sold at premium, or a good chunk of Liverpool is sold to Arabs/Chinese - it's a possibility. Our Yanks have found their manager, who didn't win anything in 3 years, but has increased the value of the Club from 300mn BP to almost 2billion, and squad value to twice at least - imagine he spent in total less than the worth of Stone's half leg for TAA, Robertson & Gomes - now their combined value will be at least 3 times of Stones. If Dybala doesn't land in Liverpool, that'll certainly not because Klopp didn't win anything or MCity, PSG, Chelsea, for that matter any club offers better brand value - rather because FSG won't invest obnoxious amount for one player, who might not fit in English game or can get seriously injured.
    Haha. Liverpool and soccer elite. Liverpool fans never seem to amuse.

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool can never get top top players The brand value just isn't there for top players to go to Liverpool. Sure they can get some fairly talented players who can have their shot at shining there but do we hear any rumours of true superstars like Bale , Neymar , Kroos, Mbappe going there. Fact is Liverpool is as relevant as something like Valencia or Sevilla in La Liga or Roma in Italian league. They just don't have the psyche and the winning mentality to compete with the very best for trophies. A true definition of a mid tier club.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    In a Liverpool thread, you are again trying glorify your hero and defame his greatest competitor, for absolutely no reason. Obviously you did ignore that part, which states failure to make Argentina WC squad or 13 caps at the age of 25 - even you should accept that CR is too good to be threatened by such a prodigious profile.

    Mamoon, accepting your quality as blogger and a person, one disturbing element I have noticed from your every post is a fanatic syndrome - people whom you admire, you'll go crazy to pamper them at every opportunity and shred at every opportunity for whom you despise ... and you won't ever accept the quality or bring the negative side ... depending on who. It's not only about Messi, Ronaldo - I have seen it for Guardiola, Mourinho and not to mention several cricketers. Latest I see is PAK's PM, who at least has got a promotion from you - from Kejriwal to Donald Turmp. And, that's in support of a guy, who has been convicted for corruption by PAK Supreme Court, when he was all mighty PM!!! This is not f*nb*y attitude, this is pure fanaticism.

    Any way, Messi has the biggest ego in the game, which is categorically evident in his Argentina team selection, relationship with Managers. He never moved out of Barca because that the only place where his ego'll be pampered and whoever is there, has to leave his space or move away. Just for the sake of saying - you think CR is going to boot Dybala out of Juve, being threatened for his talent; and that same talent is still a fringe player in a bang average Argentina team, to serve Messi's buddies. I hope, I need not to explain further here. After world cup failure, again, I had noticed for few days, you didn't use the term - GOAT, which is understandable - now he is back in Barca with 10 other world class player around, so you are back.
    You call Messi the biggest ego in the game. However, the other day, the biggest ego gave his penalty to Suarez even though he was on a hat-trick. Please note that this was not the first time.

    Can you please come up with examples of Ronaldo giving up his penalty to Bale or Benzema when he was on a hat-trick?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You call Messi the biggest ego in the game. However, the other day, the biggest ego gave his penalty to Suarez even though he was on a hat-trick. Please note that this was not the first time.

    Can you please come up with examples of Ronaldo giving up his penalty to Bale or Benzema when he was on a hat-trick?
    You decided to come back here. Doesn't matter what Messi does at Braca, where he is the king and rest are at his mercy. My point was for Argentina, and that's still valid.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    In a Liverpool thread, you are again trying glorify your hero and defame his greatest competitor, for absolutely no reason. Obviously you did ignore that part, which states failure to make Argentina WC squad or 13 caps at the age of 25 - even you should accept that CR is too good to be threatened by such a prodigious profile.

    Mamoon, accepting your quality as blogger and a person, one disturbing element I have noticed from your every post is a fanatic syndrome - people whom you admire, you'll go crazy to pamper them at every opportunity and shred at every opportunity for whom you despise ... and you won't ever accept the quality or bring the negative side ... depending on who. It's not only about Messi, Ronaldo - I have seen it for Guardiola, Mourinho and not to mention several cricketers. Latest I see is PAK's PM, who at least has got a promotion from you - from Kejriwal to Donald Turmp. And, that's in support of a guy, who has been convicted for corruption by PAK Supreme Court, when he was all mighty PM!!! This is not f*nb*y attitude, this is pure fanaticism.

    Any way, Messi has the biggest ego in the game, which is categorically evident in his Argentina team selection, relationship with Managers. He never moved out of Barca because that the only place where his ego'll be pampered and whoever is there, has to leave his space or move away. Just for the sake of saying - you think CR is going to boot Dybala out of Juve, being threatened for his talent; and that same talent is still a fringe player in a bang average Argentina team, to serve Messi's buddies. I hope, I need not to explain further here. After world cup failure, again, I had noticed for few days, you didn't use the term - GOAT, which is understandable - now he is back in Barca with 10 other world class player around, so you are back.
    You got to be kidding with that "messi has the biggest ego" statement. Messi doesn't run the Argentina team, that's rubbish, he requested people to stop saying that. He doesn't leave Barca because fans do not want him to leave, and unlike most players he is loyal to the club and the fans.

    Messi always helps his teammates when they need confidence by trying to create goals for them. There are many examples of this when he helped players like Suarez, Neymar, Ibra, and many more.

    Instead of just staying in the penalty box waiting for people to pass the ball to him for tap-ins and plays deep and tries to create chances himself.

    Are you seriously saying this guy has the biggest ego? When players like Ronaldo and Ibra consider themselves to be untouchables. Ronaldo got angry because he didn't win player of the years award, instead his former teammate won it. And everyone know about Ibra. But noo Messi has the biggest ego lol what a joke.

    Messi is one of the most humble players, especially when you consider how much ahead he is from others.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,732
    Mentioned
    4780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You decided to come back here. Doesn't matter what Messi does at Braca, where he is the king and rest are at his mercy. My point was for Argentina, and that's still valid.
    Ronaldo refused to attend the UEFA ceremony because Modric won the award, even though his agent and Juventus CEO tried to convince him to attend.

    But Messi is the biggest ego in football....

  35. #35
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Ronaldo refused to attend the UEFA ceremony because Modric won the award, even though his agent and Juventus CEO tried to convince him to attend.

    But Messi is the biggest ego in football....
    Whatever you can say of him, guy gives his heart & soul for his National jersey. He indeed has an issue of stealing the show, but his commitment to game and his National team (club as well, Sir Alex will testimony that) can't be questioned. Messi is a great footballer, one of the best ever, but he has priorities & preferences.

    Most CR fans do accept that the guy is a shiner, most Messi fans portrait him as the 2nd coming of Jesus. In between few like me, who is a great fan of both try to balance a bit.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    You got to be kidding with that "messi has the biggest ego" statement. Messi doesn't run the Argentina team, that's rubbish, he requested people to stop saying that. He doesn't leave Barca because fans do not want him to leave, and unlike most players he is loyal to the club and the fans.

    Messi always helps his teammates when they need confidence by trying to create goals for them. There are many examples of this when he helped players like Suarez, Neymar, Ibra, and many more.

    Instead of just staying in the penalty box waiting for people to pass the ball to him for tap-ins and plays deep and tries to create chances himself.

    Are you seriously saying this guy has the biggest ego? When players like Ronaldo and Ibra consider themselves to be untouchables. Ronaldo got angry because he didn't win player of the years award, instead his former teammate won it. And everyone know about Ibra. But noo Messi has the biggest ego lol what a joke.

    Messi is one of the most humble players, especially when you consider how much ahead he is from others.
    That bold line is the biggest problem with Messi fanatics - you have to pull others down.

    Ronaldo got angry not because Mordic won it, rather because Perez used his influence to keep his Club's brand image high. Had CR not left Real, no way he would have missed this year - Mordic might win the WC Golden Ball or Ballon De Oorr, but UEFA award should have gone to CR - it would have happened also, had he not left Real.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    That bold line is the biggest problem with Messi fanatics - you have to pull others down.

    Ronaldo got angry not because Mordic won it, rather because Perez used his influence to keep his Club's brand image high. Had CR not left Real, no way he would have missed this year - Mordic might win the WC Golden Ball or Ballon De Oorr, but UEFA award should have gone to CR - it would have happened also, had he not left Real.
    Who did i bring down? I simply stated facts. I pointed out his ability to play deep and create chances out of nothing. I mentioned big players that you completely ignored when saying that Messi has the biggest ego, which is not true. Any unbiased person can tell you Messi is very down on the ego list.

    Are you going to ignore all the things i have mentioned that indicate Messi doesn't have an ego?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,694
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Who did i bring down? I simply stated facts. I pointed out his ability to play deep and create chances out of nothing. I mentioned big players that you completely ignored when saying that Messi has the biggest ego, which is not true. Any unbiased person can tell you Messi is very down on the ego list.

    Are you going to ignore all the things i have mentioned that indicate Messi doesn't have an ego?
    Your dig was at CR, you may not agree on that now, fair enough. CR has played in 3 different positions in his career - winger, centre forward & No. 10, has played in 3 different style of soccer - MU, Real & Portugal. And, he'll win at least one CL with Juve as well. Calling him a tap in master is the biggest insult of the game.

    Coming to Messi, greatest surprise for his fanatics is that, I myself is a Messi & Barca fan. Messi has played his entire career at Barca which is like his 1st home. For Argentina, what he has favored his close friend circle putting national interest behind, which he'll never do at Barca. All the great staffs that you wrote, I don't disagree - but, everything is for Barca & Barca players.

    Ego isn't the perfect word for sure, but at Barca every thing is given to him in plate (And he did returned the favor with interest for sure), which isn't the case for his National color. This discussion turned it's twist when, from nowhere CR was accused that he is going to out great talent like Dybala for his ball skills, as CR will be out shined.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Your dig was at CR, you may not agree on that now, fair enough. CR has played in 3 different positions in his career - winger, centre forward & No. 10, has played in 3 different style of soccer - MU, Real & Portugal. And, he'll win at least one CL with Juve as well. Calling him a tap in master is the biggest insult of the game.

    Coming to Messi, greatest surprise for his fanatics is that, I myself is a Messi & Barca fan. Messi has played his entire career at Barca which is like his 1st home. For Argentina, what he has favored his close friend circle putting national interest behind, which he'll never do at Barca. All the great staffs that you wrote, I don't disagree - but, everything is for Barca & Barca players.

    Ego isn't the perfect word for sure, but at Barca every thing is given to him in plate (And he did returned the favor with interest for sure), which isn't the case for his National color. This discussion turned it's twist when, from nowhere CR was accused that he is going to out great talent like Dybala for his ball skills, as CR will be out shined.
    I have nothing against Ronaldo. In fact i'm always amazed by his goal scoring abilities. If you really love soccer than you can't dislike or hate players like Messi and Ronaldo, unless they are a terrible person.

    I think you misunderstand Messi when it comes to Argentina. Messi is a lot more passionate for Argentina than he is for Barcelona. I've never seen Messi cry or show so much emotions for Barca as he does for Argentina. Without Messi Argentina would not have even qualified for the WC. All he can do is try his best, other things are out of his control.
    Here are some Ex:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8CvkV2F8A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7DWNLyrbo

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,323
    Mentioned
    1452 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    This has got to be their best squad in recent times.

    They won't get a better chance to win the Premier League.

    Strong squad, match-winners and strength in depth, with great additions to the squad this season.



  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,055
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    This has got to be their best squad in recent times.

    They won't get a better chance to win the Premier League.

    Strong squad, match-winners and strength in depth, with great additions to the squad this season.
    Their main problem is they're having to compete against arguably the greatest team in PL history.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •