Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    No way will India ever play a B team against Pakistan. A hammering will end a lot of young careers even before they begin
    5 test matches against England - two and a half month long tour and you think everyone will be available..Fair enough. I don't agree though

Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Result will depends on how we play Kuldeep.

Also need to solidify our second spinner.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Yup. Because MSD was the best wicket keeper, best finisher and a WC winning captain in 2014. Kohli was a green horn to captaincy and it reflected in the results as well.

You are entitled to your opinion and nah I don't smoke but you are entitled to with your own money.
    Dhoni was injured and I stated that Ind will never play B team unless someone is injured. Lol now Ind lost because of kohli.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Dhoni was injured and I stated that Ind will never play B team unless someone is injured. Lol now Ind lost because of kohli.
    I have given my reasons as to why I saw that as B team. We lost because we did not play well as a unit, and Kohli did some understandable captaincy errors. Of course the opposition capitalized on that and won fair and square..

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yup. Because MSD was the best wicket keeper, best finisher and a WC winning captain in 2014. Kohli was a green horn to captaincy and it reflected in the results as well.

You are entitled to your opinion and nah I don't smoke but you are entitled to with your own money.
    Dhoni was injured so he missed the 2014 Asia Cup. India did not play their B team. It had Sharma, Dhawan, Kohli, Jadeja, Ashwin, and Shami.
    Last edited by hadi123; 21st July 2018 at 12:57.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I think you're underestimating the gulf between their spinners and batting against spin with ours. It's not even close and given these are slow wickets I can only see one outcome unfortunately.

In England however we have a far better chance because the conditions will be less receptive for slower bowling on faster wickets.
    You are overrating India's ability to play spin. They were troubled by Rashid and Moeen recently in not so spinner friendly conditions. It is one thing to say India will be favorites which they certainly will be but saying you can see only one outcome is a loser mentality. India lost a test to Australia at home. Did you see that outcome beforehand?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli seems to struggle against leg-spinners.

Especially those that can bowl full and straight.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 test matches against England - two and a half month long tour and you think everyone will be available..Fair enough. I don't agree though
    There is a difference between sending a B team due to injury and resting key players

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big words from a team that got the Earth pulled from under them the last time these two sides met!

Have the players going forward, just need coaching&professionalism! #1 priority: fielding

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like Pakistan to give india a reality check with Fakhar Zaman to play big innings again

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well India already got their reality check in the final, lets if the same happens to Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    World Cup games are the 1st that matter but no harm in giving India an early preview of what's to come .

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not even sure if India will send its full strength team cause England tour only ends on 12th of September

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for the fluke master @Mamoon and the bhaijaan @freelance_cricketer to present us with their views.

I think the matches are going to be neck to neck. While India is highly dependent on the top 3. We are worse off as we are dependent on Fakhar for a good start. If Fakhar falls early, our chances drop massively although i must maintain that Pakistan has a long batting line up who is fairly capable of scoring big provided they can handle the pressure like Fakhar does.

Our bowling on the other hand is vastly superior and it can turn out to be them vs the Indian top 3 bats.

Hopefully, inshaAllah, i will be in UAE to watch these matches. Will be quite exciting.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an Indian fan, I want Pakistan to give a reality check to our aging middle order.Nothing like a good ol beating from your biggest rival to wakeup Indian selectors to make some changes.
    But the problem is your chasing abilities.Our top 3 is still good enough to go pass 250 while batting first and then its lights out for your batsmen.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is going to give India the hiding they will remember, and it will be well deserved too.

The bozo Kohli and his cheerleader Shastri will throw away key games by making insane team selections, all in the name of testing bench strength. Expect KL Rahul to be dropped every time he scores badly and hacks like Kedar Jadhav to be selected for game after game.

The arrogance of this Indian team and the disrespect they are showing to the game and to the oppositions is mind boggling. Pride always comes before a fall and the fall is coming soon.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Well India already got their reality check in the final,
    Flukes happen at times. Even Bangladesh has registered a victory against Aussies.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My first India vs Pak game was the 2011 Mohali WC game, from there and now I personally viewed India as a borderline brilliant ODI unit, but this current ODI team does have its problems. From that match till now, India have been beating us in high profile tournaments, the 183 by Kohli stung me a lot but he's become one of my favourite players ever and I'm very happy for all his achievements. After the 2017 CT final I do think the edge does go to Pak's favour since Sarfraz was destined as being a brilliant captain since his u19 days, so he's going to be lifting a lot of cups in his career but will definitely have some losses. The current Pak side looks a lot hungrier for success and can sense fear in the opposition, to which they'll quickly capitalise on. So I got a feeling it's going to be in Pak's favour now.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Flukes happen at times. Even Bangladesh has registered a victory against Aussies.
    It's getting embarrassing at this point. When Belgium beat Brazil in the WC did people call it fluke? No Belgium won because they played better football just like how Pakistan won (more like humiliated) because they played better cricket. I understand it must have been very painful for you guys....i mean i saw the fans crying, breaking TVs, making youtube video about it being fixed, burning the players photos, and cursing them. I get it you guys are in denial but i think it's time to accept that you got humiliated in the final and move on. Or you could live in your infinite tsukuyomi and be happy or you could face the reality and accept your defeat like a man.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am hoping for the opposite actually so that we can make some important changes within the team before the world cup. I hope BCCI send out it's full team and don't chicken out by hiding it's senior players. I want Sharma, Dhoni, Raina, Rayudu and Rahane to be all there and get a chance. hehe

Hope Pakistan team shows some marbles like they did in the CT finals and don't melt away in the face of a pressure.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect fakhar to flatten India once again

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's getting embarrassing at this point. When Belgium beat Brazil in the WC did people call it fluke? No Belgium won because they played better football just like how Pakistan won (more like humiliated) because they played better cricket. I understand it must have been very painful for you guys....i mean i saw the fans crying, breaking TVs, making youtube video about it being fixed, burning the players photos, and cursing them. I get it you guys are in denial but i think it's time to accept that you got humiliated in the final and move on. Or you could live in your infinite tsukuyomi and be happy or you could face the reality and accept your defeat like a man.
    Hopefully more genjutsus will be broken post Asia Cup

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni was not injured in asia cup,he and Raina was rested in asia cup and return in Wt20 2014 after asia cup.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the odi series loss in England where Kohli himself admitted that there are lot of issues to be addressed means he realizes there is a big problem with the middle order which is a good sign might see few new faces in the squad and team and guys like Raina dropped

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India got ravaged in CT. We are loving to see your pain and long it may last. A fluke win would be far less than 100 in a final. We know Ind got to the CT final by a fluke. A team that lost to SL did nor deserve to be there. Ind beat Pak by a fluke in the first game - I guess we took the game too easily. If we had taken the first game seriously, Ind after losing to SL would be out and could not make to the final by a fluke.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Pink City_Jaipur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t read the most of the comments but i can tell you the summary-

1. First set of Indian posters will agree with OP saying that Pakistan was whitewashed against NZ. After that they are playing B, C level minnows.
    2. 2nd set of Indians would say Pakistani players are in sublime form so surely they can beat India. Plus India is continuously playing over the top players like Raina, Dhoni etc.

Some Pakistani posters would agree with 1st statement (very few) while majority will go with 2nd statement.

Oh yes and the continuous mentions of CT 2017 and Indian trundlers.

I mean come on, what constructive discussion you get out of these numerous same kinda India Vs Pakistan threads.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 21st July 2018 at 08:10.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scheduule of Asia Cup ?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I think about it only Kohli and Pandya seem like players who will need rest after the England tour. And maybe Dhawan or Rahul depending on who plays more in England. Guys like Rohit, Dhoni, Bumrah, Chahal, Bhuvi will all likely be well rested.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the first time since 2010, I am waiting eagerly for a Pakistan-India match.
    Not because Pakistan is hammering Zimbabwe, but for the first time since 2005, we have a team that inspires confidence and has amazing depth. Our batting stretches deep down till no.8, and even 9 and 10 can hit a few. Our bowling is shaping up nicely, the only problem lies in the middle order where we need to find some bench strength who can replace the incumbents if they are not delivering.

Plus its UAE, the pitches are likely to be slow and not very high scoring, which will neutralize the dashers in both sides to some extent(Fakhar, Dhawan, Rahul will find it difficult to go free flowing), plus it brings Shoaib Malik and MS Dhoni into the equations who are are still very good on the slow pitches.

So it's finally going to be an encounter worth watching even if it ends up being one sided for either teams.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope pakistan gives india a reality check. I am surprised that pakistan is at consistantly n.o 6 ranking i guess.
    Indian selection is bizzare. You give indian players to any country and they have brains to utilize their potential to the best.
    We lack creativity. Our team is not that good at it looks.
    I want dhoni to come earlier to bat so that he has enough time to pace his innings .its still difficult to dismiss dhoni.
    We need to give consistent chances to kl rahul and kuldeep.
    I am very disaappointed with kohli captaincy. His captaincy lost us test series in south africa. And same odi series in england. This is where dhoni or ganguly particular was best.
    People should not surprise if pakistan beats india this time.pakistan bowling has started to look good in recent times. And batting is also not that bad. I need to see more of fakhar to judge him.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Much like the New Zealand ODI series, our fans are in need of another reality check, because their heads are back in the clouds.

Don’t know when it will happen, but a reality check is coming, and it will be well deserved.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Bro, if our top 4(hoping Rahul at 4) click we can chase 340+ easily.
    Bro, Its the same old story, Pakistan get the top order cheaply, then the middle order stabilizes the inning, after that Pak gets 1/2 wickets, then you guys have Dhoni and a partner (who plays a lucky cameo), who take the match away from us...

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flukes.....Just like India first ODI win this year against england

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Much like the New Zealand ODI series, our fans are in need of another reality check, because their heads are back in the clouds.

Don’t know when it will happen, but a reality check is coming, and it will be well deserved.
    That's such a cop out. Pakistan is not a good enough ODI team to keep winning every series they play. Have the guts to say India will give us a reality check in the Asia Cup. We all know that's what you want anyway

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be an easy series win for Pak, Pak needs more challenging series.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket_2018 View Post
    It will be an easy series win for Pak, Pak needs more challenging series.
    Fully agreed. Ind team looks strong on paper but not in reality.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Pakistan is going to give India the hiding they will remember, and it will be well deserved too.

The bozo Kohli and his cheerleader Shastri will throw away key games by making insane team selections, all in the name of testing bench strength. Expect KL Rahul to be dropped every time he scores badly and hacks like Kedar Jadhav to be selected for game after game.

The arrogance of this Indian team and the disrespect they are showing to the game and to the oppositions is mind boggling. Pride always comes before a fall and the fall is coming soon.
    Sir you are looking very frustrated. What happened? Are you not happy with our players performances? Is Pandya not performing according to your expectations? Why is he continously getting selected but players like KL Rahul getting dropped after 2-3 failures? Ex players and indian legends like Ganguly and Vengsarkar have also openly criticised the team management for not giving KL Rahul consistent chances.

Are our millionaire players getting too big for their boots? Or is this management's fault? Would like to have your expert opinion on this.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

You will be happy if Pakistan losses and India wins we all now for you Indian and overrated english team is importent then PCT?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How many games India Pakistan are going to play? If it's just 1-2 games then it doesn't tell you much.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my opinion both Ind and Pak fans are being optimistic in thinking that they both will reach the final. As on slow low wickets Ban, SL and even Afg on their day can cause an upset because of the spinners they all have. Ind and Pak matches though are rarely decided on team quality on paper but on which teams plays without nerves on the day. Previously current Indian players used to take Pak matches easliy as they rarely lost to us so were rarely nervous. But the champions tropy final loss and the indian fan reaction after the loss probably put the pressure back on Indian players. Now it will be about which teams holds it nerve in the knockout matches.
    Last edited by Couch Cricketer; 21st July 2018 at 22:48.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They may .... in fact they will ..... but this time we will be ready for them !!!!!

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    How many games India Pakistan are going to play? If it's just 1-2 games then it doesn't tell you much.
    3 i think.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    1 in the group stage, 1 in the second stage and 1 if both qualify for final

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally think Shoaib Malik experience will be needed in high pressure games along with Fakhar. These two can only absorb pressure. If pak looses Fakhar then there will be lot of pressure and we cant score even 250 while batting first similarly cant chase 250+ and at same time i dont expect to chase 300+ because of slow pitches.My prediction for group matches will be 1-1 result and in the final whoever absorbs pressure better will win.Also its not necessary these two will play finals. Srilanka will be much confident team after southafrican clean sweep although we sweeped srilankans 5-0 in UAE.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli will be rested as an excuse to avoid facing Amir who owns him. Pak are looking the much fresher team at the moment. It is not our problem that India may be tired for the Asia Cup after England smash them in the test series like they did in the one dayers. When is the Asia Cup?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone will be rested from Indian side, unless someone is seriously injured.
    Kohli after CT loss, said sometimes with unknown opponents you can not plan, and that is why they never knew how FZ, Amir and others play.

So, if there is an opportunity, Indian team will try to get maximum practice before the WC, because there is least possibility of playing each other after Asia cup and before WC. They can take breaks against SL, Bangladesh and others as they play them on every other month.

This is how India became monster cricket house. If you have played Muralidharan in IPL for 3/4 seasons, you will not be worried about facing him in WC finals...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Negatives for Pakistan:
    1) Lack of experience in top 3 with them not even having 100 ODIs between them while Indian top 3 is like around 500,600 ODIs between them
    2) Havent established a 2nd spinner with Shadab (Hoping for Imad to come back as we dont have anybody if we need to play a second spinner)

Positives for Pakistan:
    1) Overall team morale is high and in good form
    2)Young team has good memories of playing against India in tournaments so far i.e they dont carry the burden of Shahid Afridi, Misbah, Hafeez, Younis, Shehzad, Akmal etc
    3) More match winners in current Pakistani lineup (Though inexperienced)

If we can control India's top 3 than I dont see any problem.

Fakhar has already given a scar to India and I think "Asif Ali" with traumatize the paroosis this time around along with Fakhar obviously.

To be honest I feel for Kuldeep Yadav and Chahal, iif Fakhar and Asif Ali wont have problem in picking Kuldeep than I think they might get scarred for world cup 19.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    Flukes.....Just like India first ODI win this year against england
    Yes. The first win by India was also a fluke where India caught England in a weak position.

Two times Pakistan got lucky with the fluk

Rain saved Pakistan in 1992
    And law average saved Pakistan in CT.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. The first win by India was also a fluke where India caught England in a weak position.

"law average" ...that's the dumbest thing i've heard in awhile. Where was the law of average when Aus won 3 back to back WCs? These excuses are becoming worse and worse.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "law average" ...that's the dumbest thing i've heard in awhile. Where was the law of average when Aus won 3 back to back WCs? These excuses are becoming worse and worse.
    it eventually caught up the aussie team, didn't it?

it's just a matter of time. The more the stable system is, the more delayed it gets though when once caught up, this period goes for longer too.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Accept defeat like a man and stop making excuses.

People like @TM Riddle and @Bhaag Viru Bhaag are ten times the man that you will ever be. They accepted defeat, congratulated the victors and moved on rather than keep harping on "fluke".
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 22nd July 2018 at 04:36.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it eventually caught up the aussie team, didn't it?

it's just a matter of time. The more the stable system is, the more delayed it gets though when once caught up, this period goes for longer too.
    Blaming Law of average is very lame. It's the first time i'm hearing this as an excuse. I am guessing the law of average also caught up to SA and Eng team as well...because Eng was hot fav of the tournament and SA was the number 1 side at that moment...to bad all these team were struck down by the "law of average"....it definitely didn't have anything to do with us playing better cricket than them...the world was just against them...
    Last edited by Darkrai; 22nd July 2018 at 04:30.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Accept defeat like a man and stop making excuses.

People like @TM Riddle and @Bhaag Viru Bhaag are ten times the man that you will ever be. They accepted defeat, congratulated the victors and moved on rather than keep harping on "fluke".
    I am not here to please the gallery. I won't call spade a spade because I want some validation from others. It's my opinion. It could be right, it could wrong. But everyone has the entitlement to perceive in their own way.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 22nd July 2018 at 07:23.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blaming Law of average is very lame. It's the first time i'm hearing this as an excuse. I am guessing the law of average also caught up to SA and Eng team as well...because Eng was hot fav of the tournament and SA was the number 1 side at that moment...to bad all these team were struck down by the "law of average"....it definitely didn't have anything to do with us playing better cricket than them...the world was just against them...
    Law of average is mean deviation. Which means you have to take both the extreme points in consideration. For England and SA, they aren't the team who could win a cup but they aren't the team who will just lose against anyone. Their performance is on par with what they are capable of.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Fully expecting a thrashing, will be a pleasant surprise if anything else happens however.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani batting is way superior than our batting(playing 11 of Kohli's choice) .
    Only Bumrah and 2 wrist spinners can salvage some pride or us, otherwise we will not be able to beat any team other than may be SL and WI atm

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asia cup 2014.
    With all due respects...that is not arrogance. After a long England tour, this is completely practical to expect the changes I have mentioned. Remember MSD was rested in 2014 for the Asia cup and Kohli captained it. The BCCIs priority is not the Asia cup but the WC . With a tough Australia tour to follow the Asia cup and the WI tour to India will have a few absentees which is understandable.
    Are you confused or are you just making stuff up?

MS Dhoni ruled out of Asia Cup due to side strain

"Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has reportedly been ruled out of the upcoming Asia Cup tournament, to be held in Bangladesh, because of a side strain which he sustained during the recent New Zealand tour."

http://www.dnaindia.com/sports/repor...strain-1963843

Dhoni was injured not rested in 2014. Why do some posters keep repeating the lie that he was rested?

Anybody who thinks India is going to play a B team against Pakistan is delusional.
    Last edited by El Generico; 22nd July 2018 at 07:27.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With recurring player injuries and a crucial world cup looming, it is impractical to see a full strength Indian squad at the Asia cup especially after a 2 and a half month tour overseas.

Delusional? I am only being pragmatic.

And it is amusing to see Pak fans force their once in a blue moon victory (better team on the given day won to be fair - I have no qualms in admitting that) as the most painful thing in recent Indian history . Thanks to the defeat, we have had a change in tactics and personnel with mixed results. Same with the recent defeats to England - we know we still have work at the drawing board.

So yes ideally we would like to have a full strength squad for the Asia cup. But it is not practical and I don't see it happening - like it or not..

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Law of average is mean deviation. Which means you have to take both the extreme points in consideration. For England and SA, they aren't the team who could win a cup but they aren't the team who will just lose against anyone. Their performance is on par with what they are capable of.
    England were even more favs than India. Like i said Aus won 3 b2b WCs. Of courses they couldn't keep winning it because the players retired. This kind of excuse can be made for cricket, football, basketball etc....i don't see the point in you using it to justify India's defeat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Negatives for Pakistan:
    1) Lack of experience in top 3 with them not even having 100 ODIs between them while Indian top 3 is like around 500,600 ODIs between them
    2) Havent established a 2nd spinner with Shadab (Hoping for Imad to come back as we dont have anybody if we need to play a second spinner)

Positives for Pakistan:
    1) Overall team morale is high and in good form
    2)Young team has good memories of playing against India in tournaments so far i.e they dont carry the burden of Shahid Afridi, Misbah, Hafeez, Younis, Shehzad, Akmal etc
    3) More match winners in current Pakistani lineup (Though inexperienced)

If we can control India's top 3 than I dont see any problem.

Fakhar has already given a scar to India and I think "Asif Ali" with traumatize the paroosis this time around along with Fakhar obviously.

To be honest I feel for Kuldeep Yadav and Chahal, iif Fakhar and Asif Ali wont have problem in picking Kuldeep than I think they might get scarred for world cup 19.
    I don't think that we should play 2 specialist spinners against Asian teams.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srtfan View Post
    Dhoni was not injured in asia cup,he and Raina was rested in asia cup and return in Wt20 2014 after asia cup.
    Wasn't Dhoni ruled out because of the side-strain injury he sustained in the tests against the Kiwis prior to the Asia Cup?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Wasn't Dhoni ruled out because of the side-strain injury he sustained in the tests against the Kiwis prior to the Asia Cup?
    Yes he was.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post

"Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has reportedly been ruled out of the upcoming Asia Cup tournament, to be held in Bangladesh, because of a side strain which he sustained during the recent New Zealand tour."

Dhoni was injured not rested in 2014. Why do some posters keep repeating the lie that he was rested?

Anybody who thinks India is going to play a B team against Pakistan is delusional.
    Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost thought that he is ruled out of 2018 Asia cup and became way too happy.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    3 i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    1 in the group stage, 1 in the second stage and 1 if both qualify for final
    Thanks.

3 games will be good enough to see how teams are playing.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind Fakhar , Babar is the Bradman of UAE & he will smash a couple of tons , India don’t stand a chance

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With recurring player injuries and a crucial world cup looming, it is impractical to see a full strength Indian squad at the Asia cup especially after a 2 and a half month tour overseas.

Delusional? I am only being pragmatic.

And it is amusing to see Pak fans force their once in a blue moon victory (better team on the given day won to be fair - I have no qualms in admitting that) as the most painful thing in recent Indian history . Thanks to the defeat, we have had a change in tactics and personnel with mixed results. Same with the recent defeats to England - we know we still have work at the drawing board.

So yes ideally we would like to have a full strength squad for the Asia cup. But it is not practical and I don't see it happening - like it or not..
    Since your claim about Dhoni was proven false, can you list any instance in history where India rested players against Pakistan? If it were to happen for this Asia Cup, it would probably be the first time in history.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UAE Hannibal is at the gates... waiting...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rightnow India has two levels of performance. Extremely dominant. Extremely mediocre. There is nothing in between. If top order clicks First level. If top order flunks Second level.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody knows where our Bangladeshi friend @MMHS gone? Its been a long time since he posted.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a grueling 5 test matches in England, I don't see India sending its full strength team. Kohli, Bhuvi and Bumrah will surely be rested. Dhoni will be a tactical drop and maybe Pandya will be rested too if he plays all 5 tests. However I wont complain a bit because no Kohli or Dhoni meaning less nepotism and zero politics. There is a reason Nidahas Trophy was my favorite tournament in this year because playing XI was on merit.

Below will be my squad:

Dhawan
    Rahul
    Rohit (c)
    Gill
    Iyer
    Karthik
    Pant
    Shankar
    Sundar
    Krunal
    Chahal
    Kuldeep
    Thakur
    Kaul
    Saini
    Siraj

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Since your claim about Dhoni was proven false, can you list any instance in history where India rested players against Pakistan?
    Sahara Cup in late 1990's. Both Pakistan and India rested their key players against each other but not at the same time. One year India sent a weak team next year Pakistan sent a weak team.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 22nd July 2018 at 21:56.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's such a cop out. Pakistan is not a good enough ODI team to keep winning every series they play. Have the guts to say India will give us a reality check in the Asia Cup. We all know that's what you want anyway
    "Keep winning every series they play"?? :confused

Dude, what "keep winning" have they pulled of against any half decent side? Last time we played a proper opposition we were friggin whitewashed!!

This team with its TTFs in the batting does not have the capability to beat top sides in an ODI series. Do not mention flukey T20s.

First, we need to WIN. Then we can call it "keep winning".

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Fully expecting a thrashing, will be a pleasant surprise if anything else happens however.
    I'm not sure if you're referring to thrashing Pak or IND.... Can you clarify ?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Dude, what "keep winning" have they pulled of against any half decent side? Last time we played a proper opposition we were friggin whitewashed!!

This team with its TTFs in the batting does not have the capability to beat top sides in an ODI series. Do not mention flukey T20s.

Malik have to leave odi's then we can have a good team

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Way to judge the performance of a team that has played one series against a top 5 nation after a 2.5 month break from international cricket. I guess you are one of those commandos who thinks South Africa with Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi are a crap team since they just got rolled over by Sri Lanka recently

FYI this same South African team beat up the world number one side a few months back

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow and sluggish surfaces of UAE meaning teams like Afg and BD will be no pushovers due to their spinners. So its not all about India and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Slow and sluggish surfaces of UAE meaning teams like Afg and BD will be no pushovers due to their spinners. So its not all about India and Pakistan.
    Afghanistan doesn't have the temperament for ODIs. Bangldesh and Sri Lanka are more than capable of upsers though

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan doesn't have the temperament for ODIs. Bangldesh and Sri Lanka are more than capable of upsers though
    Rashid/Mujib can wreck havoc in UAE. Ask the nightmares they gave to BD in slow wickets of Dehradun...lol. But yes, their batting is very weak and not suitable for 50 overs maybe.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Rashid/Mujib can wreck havoc in UAE. Ask the nightmares they gave to BD in slow wickets of Dehradun...lol. But yes, their batting is very weak and not suitable for 50 overs maybe.
    Batting isn't good enough. Pakistan and India have very good players of spin, who will cancel out any advantage Afghanistan has with Rashid/Mujeeb