Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite Kohli being unavailable, we may still win against Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Not happening.

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without Kohli, India might even lose to the Afghans (not being cheeky!)

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I m pretty sure it will be a walk in the park for India... against kuldeep Yadav and chahal Pakistan has no chance..

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are favourites for the World cup and are up against an India team that will be exhausted after the England tour and without Kohli. India won't even make the finals. It will be BD Vs PAKISTAN.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's hard to call. Also I think SL are being underrated.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will beat India. No reality check.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by some of the comments made by Pakistani players after India's loss to England, it looks like they are overconfident and too sure of giving India a thrashing. That is not good. Never underestimate an opponent. India is generally much better with the white ball than they are with the red one.

Although it would be good if someone gives Shastri and co a reality check in the Asia cup.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Going by some of the comments made by Pakistani players after India's loss to England, it looks like they are overconfident and too sure of giving India a thrashing. That is not good. Never underestimate an opponent. India is generally much better with the white ball than they are with the red one.

Although it would be good if someone gives Shastri and co a reality check in the Asia cup.
    I don't know about thrashing but I don't see Pakistan losing to a Kohli-less India.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. It's just digging ourselves a hole if/when we do lose, we're gonna get it given back to us twice as hard.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To be honest, with that middle order, I don't see India beating us, at least not twice. I would not be surprised if team India without kohli don't make it to the final.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    To be honest, with that middle order, I don't see India beating us, at least not twice. I would not be surprised if team India without kohli don't make it to the final.
    Middle order is good enough to score over 250 in Flat pattas in UAE( all our TTFs including Rayudu are good against spin and runs hard) and your tuk-tuks are not chasing anything over 250 anywhere in the world against us.
    The only chance you have against us is for Fakhar Zaman to blitzkrieg and post a high total while batting first.But with Kul-cha and Bumrah, I dont think so he would be able to do that as easy as in CT17.
    My worry is that your bowlers could make our TTFs heroes in UAE. Remember, its was over-the-hill Yuvraj who smashed your bowlers in the First match in CT.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Middle order is good enough to score over 250 in Flat pattas in UAE( all our TTFs including Rayudu are good against spin and runs hard) and your tuk-tuks are not chasing anything over 250 anywhere in the world against us.
    The only chance you have against us is for Fakhar Zaman to blitzkrieg and post a high total while batting first.But with Kul-cha and Bumrah, I dont think so he would be able to do that as easy as in CT17.
    My worry is that your bowlers could make our TTFs heroes in UAE. Remember, its was over-the-hill Yuvraj who smashed your bowlers in the First match in CT.
    Indias team so overrated and you don't have bowlers to win you matches I think Hong Kong might even beat India this time. Don't worry overrated Kuldeep and Chahal will be taken to the cleaners

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most definitely India will win vs Pak.

Pak will be rusty. Rohit will be fresh off and ready to pound on Pakistan bowlers and get revenge for CT 2017

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bowlers were good enough to rip the pants off your batters in the biggest match of that tournament. No way do I see Pandeys, Rayudus etc scoring any meaningful runs in the tournament, let alone against Pakistan. Also Pakistan is good enough to chase 300 against your lot on these pitches. The likes of Malik and Sarfraz will become Bradmanesque smashing a few spinners around in this Asia Cup. 20 overs of spin is a God send for Malik and Sarfraz in an ODI.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Our bowlers were good enough to rip the pants off your batters in the biggest match of that tournament. No way do I see Pandeys, Rayudus etc scoring any meaningful runs in the tournament, let alone against Pakistan. Also Pakistan is good enough to chase 300 against your lot on these pitches. The likes of Malik and Sarfraz will become Bradmanesque smashing a few spinners around in this Asia Cup. 20 overs of spin is a God send for Malik and Sarfraz in an ODI.
    They will have at least 1 double hundred partnership. Best players of spin in the world. Especially in rotating strike.

And Malik's sixes. I predict him to be the MOTS.

As for Sarfraz he will make a 100 vs India.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then Pakistan will have no excuse but to win Asia cup. They are the strongest team with all above mentioned properties.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact pakistan/india matches you cannot make any predictions. Form and exclusion of good players doesnt make any difference .. on the day anything can happen

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Then Pakistan will have no excuse but to win Asia cup. They are the strongest team with all above mentioned properties.
    Pakistan should be very disappointed if they don't. Bangladesh or Sri Lanka should make the final over a Kohli-less Indian side.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Agreed. I am kind of surprised to see people think that India will surely make the final. Kohli is the player that sets them apart and without him, i can see SL/BD getting the better of them.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is not good enough to beat even SL/BD atm, whatever they have won in last 2 years is bcz o the bowlers. so chances are very very slim,UAE matches are won by batsmen

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be frank, the opposite is going to happen. Indian selection is a joke and I don't think the team will be able to put up decent totals in ODI's against good teams without Kohli. I would be surprised if India makes it to the finals.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you point out the "tuk tuks" in Pakistan's current team?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    To be frank, the opposite is going to happen. Indian selection is a joke and I don't think the team will be able to put up decent totals in ODI's against good teams without Kohli. I would be surprised if India makes it to the finals.
    Same here, Pakistan is too strong and has all ingredients to be champions with or without Kohli.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What reality check? Pak has already annihilated Ind in a major final. That is a reality check.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes India will give Pakistan a reality check that Pakistan is better than its rankings :

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    World cup favourites playing at their fortress, the UAE, and we are without Kohli. What reality check? Humiliation coming for India. We are a team in decline while PAK are enjoying one of their little golden eras. If PAK lose even one game against us they should hang their heads in shame.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 @Abdullah719 @Titan24 @Hawkeye

Dear PAK fans, do not watch it on "television". Listen it over Radio, as breaking the radios won't cost much.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 @Abdullah719 @Titan24 @Hawkeye

Dear PAK fans, do not watch it on "television". Listen it over Radio, as breaking the radios won't cost much.:co bra
    All Pak fans need to learn from Indians how to do it. Here is how.

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Generico View Post
    Can you point out the "tuk tuks" in Pakistan's current team?
    Everyone other than Fakhar. That is the reason why you are poor chasing team even in the current era of pattas.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, they did while bowling second.So what happened in the group game? Even an old has-been Yuvraj manhandled Hassan.And your tuk-tuks couldn't even cross 180.
    And chasing 300.LOL.Do you even watch how your guys play? Was struggling to chase 230 against Srilanka of all teams in the CT.And failed massively against New Zealand, the first and only non-minnow you played after CT. Your batsmen has only two method while chasing.Either tuk-tuk or going berserk.Both are not gonna win you games while chasing other than some fluke games here and there.
    And Pandeys and Rayudus were flogging Australian bowlers on Indian pattas and very good players of spin.Your trundlers wouldn't be able to do much harm to them.
    If we are batting first, a phainty is coming your bowlers way for sure.
    Last edited by Dingolfy; 13th September 2018 at 00:44.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    World cup favourites playing at their fortress, the UAE, and we are without Kohli. What reality check? Humiliation coming for India. We are a team in decline while PAK are enjoying one of their little golden eras. If PAK lose even one game against us they should hang their heads in shame.
    Not really.

For once India has a complete bowling attack.

Very good spinners and good pacers.

Even without Kohli, India are a very strong team in ODIs.

If this was t20s and you were without kohli it would be a different story.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, they did while bowling second.So what happened in the group game? Even an old has-been Yuvraj manhandled Hassan.And your tuk-tuks couldn't even cross 180.
    And chasing 300.LOL.Do you even watch how your guys play? Was struggling to chase 230 against Srilanka of all teams in the CT.And failed massively against New Zealand, the first and only non-minnow you played after CT. Your batsmen has only two method while chasing.Either tuk-tuk or going berserk.Both are not gonna win you games while chasing other than some fluke games here and there.
    And Pandeys and Rayudus were flogging Australian bowlers on Indian pattas and very good players of spin.Your trundlers wouldn't be able to do much harm to them.
    A lot of humble pie coming your way once your mediocre bowling attack gets exposed and Malik finishes off your young spinners' careers before they have had a chance to flourish. If only Kuldeep and Chahal had a few more games against South Africa/England to pad their stats. Unfair on them to face off against a team that destroyed the careers of Ashwin and Jadeja just recently.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone other than Fakhar. That is the reason why you are poor chasing team even in the current era of pattas.
    if I am not wrong every Pakistani batsman has a SR of at least over 80. That's not slow by any standards.

Stop living in the past, the likes of Azhar,Hafeez and Misbah aren't in the team anymore.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring it on!

Let's see, whether it's Blue Storm that destroys or, Green mountains that stand tall.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh beautiful, the thread where the Indian fans are roaring like Lions. Funny to read now as they are on suicide watch.

But more of this please!

Blue storm incoming!

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green guys tie up ur hands, I don't want u end up breaking ur TV sets, AGAINNNN.

Blue floods coming your way

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green guys tie up ur hands, I don't want u end up breaking ur TV sets, AGAINNNN.

Come on BLUE ARMYYY!!!
    @Varun @freelance_cricketer @Mamoon @cricketjoshila @the_outsider @Itachi @Balthazar @Mr Q. @AmachiMumbaikar @TM Riddle etc.

Time to show your support to the Australia of 2000s, KL Rahul the next Bradman, best ODI bowling line up, and the best batsmen in the world.

COME ON LADS!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No more freebies like Bumrah's no ball on offer this time

Comeon Blue Army, Let's have an encore of Asia Cup 2016

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have improved leaps and bounds in LOIs. Whereas, India is struggling due to selection problems. Thanks to Shastri, Kohli and selectors.

But, I still feel that Pakistan would be given a reality check by the Indian team at the Asia cup, just like the NZ team gave a reality check after they thrashed SL in UAE.

There will be 2 to 3 matches with Pakistan. We also have to avenge our CT loss.

I think Fakhar and Amir would be their leaders, and Kohli and Bumrah from our side.
    Imam will be their match Loser, and we have Dhoni.

'Reality Checks' only happen in Major finals, and we all know which team bottled it in the last one.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fluke master analysis just before the beginning of this match should really seal the deal for the fans out there.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah guys, com'on.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The strategy was to go hard early on. It got buried for a while when Malik and Babar were swimming in calm waters, but resurfaced when the management (most likely) pressed the pair to push on after the drinks break. Following Babar's dismissal, batsmen stepping on the pitch with guns blazing on a slow pitch without getting their eye in was just a drastic way to self-implode.

This is precisely why Babar is so important to the Pakistan Team. He negotiated the nervous period, after Azhar's dismissal in the CT Final last year, very beautifully. We need someone like him who can perform that role at No.4/No.5. That man, in my eyes, is Haris Sohail.

Having said that, the game isn't over until the last bowl is bowled. Believe!

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully PAK can respond in their usual manner and come back hard. Better for us it happens early in the tournament.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "fifth string disinterested" Indian team as well as the disinterested Indian fans were forced to show interest towards the game just to put up this kind of batting display. That's shameless!

We will prefer watching Shanon Gabriel bowl 8-9 overs on trot in Mohali rather than watching Rayudu leading his team to win with a 102 ball 60 with the bat and watching Jadhav running through the lineup

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    When it comes to being delusional, no one can match our fans, and then they get upset when I say that we deserve this humiliation. We need to understand and realize that this is a very mediocre team that is still living off the Champions Trophy fluke.

It appears that the reality check in New Zealand was not enough for our fans, and this is the first ODI that we have played since that 5-0 drubbing, and viola, we have been thrashed. Thrashed by a quality team without the best player in the world and who also lost its main all-rounder very early into the game.

We need a lot of work and improvement if we are to challenge quality sides consistently. There is a massive gulf between us and the top teams in the world.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't really a reality check. There's been a gulf in quality for quite some time now and today just validated that.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of humble pie coming your way once your mediocre bowling attack gets exposed and Malik finishes off your young spinners' careers before they have had a chance to flourish. If only Kuldeep and Chahal had a few more games against South Africa/England to pad their stats. Unfair on them to face off against a team that destroyed the careers of Ashwin and Jadeja just recently.
    I hope you got answers today..A mediocre bowling attack got exposed for sure but it was NOT ours unfortunately.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hong Kong batters comprised of plumbers, electricians, mechanics scored more for first wicket than the entire WC2019 favorites team could score.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, I was so right.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    Hong Kong batters comprised of plumbers, electricians, mechanics scored more for first wicket than the entire WC2019 favorites team could score.
    Hahahaha! This cracked me up.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian fans shouldn't get carried away. As was seen in the CT, Pakistan is capable of bouncing back.

But at least we don't have Kohli's diabolical captaincy here. So the hope is that Rohit won't do something silly like handing Pakistan the batting on a belter of a pitch after winning the toss.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian fans shouldn't get carried away. As was seen in the CT, Pakistan is capable of bouncing back.

But at least we don't have Kohli's diabolical captaincy here. So the hope is that Rohit won't do something silly like handing Pakistan the batting on a belter of a pitch after winning the toss.
    This. That decision has to be the biggest blunder in Indian cricket after What Ganguly had done in 2003. Pakistan was always a poor chasing team and even struggled to chase 230 against SL in the same damn tournament. All India had to do was bat first on the belter and put up a score above 250 and rest pressure would have taken care of itself.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Come on BLUE ARMYYY!!!
    @Varun @freelance_cricketer @Mamoon @cricketjoshila @the_outsider @Itachi @Balthazar @Mr Q. @AmachiMumbaikar @TM Riddle etc.

Time to show your support to the Australia of 2000s, KL Rahul the next Bradman, best ODI bowling line up, and the best batsmen in the world.

COME ON LADS!
    Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
    I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
    I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Come on BLUE ARMYYY!!!

COME ON LADS!
    You guys messed up going into the tournament with one spinner, boy.

I never thought I would live to see the day when Shashtri is the better coach in the game.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
    I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
    I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em.
    lmao, brutal