Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jibran Nasir - Discussion Thread

Please discuss Jibran NAsir who is contesting from KArachi,A human right activist @Mian @PakWarrior @Syed1 @Bewal Express@waseem @Angrez Pakistani.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I will be very surprised if he survives for long.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There are open threats against him. One maulvi in Karachi asked people to remember Mumtaz Qadri when dealing with him.

Under these circumstances, he should be safeguarded by the State - given the same State has is providing protection to terrorists like Ramzan Mengal.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loralai View Post
    There are open threats against him. One maulvi in Karachi asked people to remember Mumtaz Qadri when dealing with him.

Under these circumstances, he should be safeguarded by the State - given the same State has is providing protection to terrorists like Ramzan Mengal.
    He will be given protection by the state, but not before he grows a 3 ft beard, sports a turban and starts delivering hate speeches.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why??

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be very unfortunate,Though i dont know much about him but listening to some of people it looks like the guy is level headed and sane person.We need people like him in our politics to have more options,

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Why??
    https://www.dawn.com/news/596195

Misbah, Wahab, Junaid, Root, Williamson fan.
    T20 isn't Cricket

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSchultz View Post
    Got it dear.Sorry states of affairs.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4841 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Why??
    What are your chances of surviving in Pakistan if you publicly speak against extremism and support minority rights?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I hope the guy does well as more the voices the more debate.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be very unfortunate,Though i dont know much about him but listening to some of people it looks like the guy is level headed and sane person.We need people like him in our politics to have more options,
    His manifesto is one of the best in Pakistan (http://jibrannasir.com/manifesto) and he is only one standing up for family of Naqeebullah.

He is a defender of human rights, minority groups and stands against religious extremism (biggest issue in Pakistan)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man is love but i am scared for his life.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great person, Pakistan need more people like him.

Only issue i have with him, he needs to change his tactics. e.g, Blocking judge car fiasco, was unnecessary, every country provide protocol and blocking that protocol would put you in jail. He is lucky he was in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy has done a lot in his career even before entering politics. He was the lawyer of shahzeb's family (who was murdered by shahrukh jatoi) and is also representing naqeebullah & was the first one to bring that case to national attention. His social sommentary even before politics was always regarding the issues of the common man. This differentiates him from other so called "liberals" of pakistan.

Call me an emotional fool but I see glimpse's of Quaid-e-Azam in this man. We desperately need a guy like this in Punjab. Whenever he comes to punjab, i will be the first one to vote for him.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His manifesto is one of the best in Pakistan (http://jibrannasir.com/manifesto) and he is only one standing up for family of Naqeebullah.

He is a defender of human rights, minority groups and stands against religious extremism (biggest issue in Pakistan)

Can you tell me what is good about this Manifesto? I am not a Jibran Nasir hater but I really don't see what value he brings to the political scene right now. That Manifesto is terribly cliched and screams copy paste "how to write a manifesto"

Again, he seems a decent guy but we need more than that and just saying "we shouldnn't be extremists"

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jibran Nasir is a brave, compassionate and caring individual. Nobody should undermine his struggle for Pakistan’s oppressed group.

Be it showing compassion and solidarity with Shias after gun and bomb attacks, protesting against Mullah Aziz outside the Lal Masjid following the gruesome APS attack - despite being personally warned of dire consequences by ex-TTP spokesperson Ahsanullah Ahsan - or standing with the family of Naqeebullah Mehsud and attending daily court proceedings with them when the whole Pakistan has moved on or forgotten the murder of Naqeebullah, an aspiring model from Waziristan, who came to earn his bread in Karachi. He is always there for the oppressed.

Who can forget his key role in drawing the nation’s attention to the release of convicted murderer Shahrukh Jatoi after which a viral campaign was launced by Bol TV - a channel which has links with the powerful Jatoi family -painting Jibran as a blasphemer and an Indian agent. Despite threats of violence, he stood firm to his principles and beliefs.

In any other nation, Jibran would have been the best PM candidate but this is Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He organized the protest against Aziza K in 2014 after Peshawar, and got a case registered against that thing despite all sorts of legal hurdles and threats to his life. Of course the case came to naught, which speaks volumes about our mollycoddling of the maulvi, which subsequent events have only amplified. One of Jibran's sidekicks was assassinated later, and I fear for his life too.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is easy for Ppers to sit in Canada and elsewhere and badmouth Jibran. I dare all these patriots to come to Pakistan and speak publicly in favor of minority rights and that too at night and in the middle of an enraged TLP mob.

Those criticising JN are unaware of the ground realities in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    338 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    It is easy for Ppers to sit in Canada and elsewhere and badmouth Jibran. I dare all these patriots to come to Pakistan and speak publicly in favor of minority rights and that too at night and in the middle of an enraged TLP mob.

Those criticising JN are unaware of the ground realities in Pakistan.
    Don't you live in Hong Kong? I have lived for 90 percent of my life in Pakistan so I would avoid such statements..

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Jibran Nasir is a brave, compassionate and caring individual. Nobody should undermine his struggle for Pakistan’s oppressed group.

Be it showing compassion and solidarity with Shias after gun and bomb attacks, protesting against Mullah Aziz outside the Lal Masjid following the gruesome APS attack - despite being personally warned of dire consequences by ex-TTP spokesperson Ahsanullah Ahsan - or standing with the family of Naqeebullah Mehsud and attending daily court proceedings with them when the whole Pakistan has moved on or forgotten the murder of Naqeebullah, an aspiring model from Waziristan, who came to earn his bread in Karachi. He is always there for the oppressed.

Who can forget his key role in drawing the nation’s attention to the release of convicted murderer Shahrukh Jatoi after which a viral campaign was launced by Bol TV - a channel which has links with the powerful Jatoi family -painting Jibran as a blasphemer and an Indian agent. Despite threats of violence, he stood firm to his principles and beliefs.

In any other nation, Jibran would have been the best PM candidate but this is Pakistan.

A liberal lawyer with no significant economic plan or experience would be the best candidate? Again I am not agains Jibran Nasir but people need to stop exaggerating him

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @saeedhk is right though. JN is a leader of prime ministerial quality. He would be a hero in most other nations but in Pakistan we are fearing for his life.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Don't you live in Hong Kong? I have lived for 90 percent of my life in Pakistan so I would avoid such statements..
    Yes. I do appreciate him and not downplay him for everything he is doing.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    A liberal lawyer with no significant economic plan or experience would be the best candidate? Again I am not agains Jibran Nasir but people need to stop exaggerating him
    Why is it neccessary to mention the word ‘liberal’? Define it please.

As for economic plan, given his capabilities, he can surely come up with a good one. Or at least, work with his economic experts and come up with a good one.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reminder that this is what Jibran is having to deal with

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats great,Will take time but can be good if he at least grab ps seat.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are your chances of surviving in Pakistan if you publicly speak against extremism and support minority rights?
    very less.Got it.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Jibran deserves to be heard even if it makes some uncomfortable. Plurality of voices is always good for political debate.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’m leaving Pakistan a day before the elections but I would vote for him if I could

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    I’m leaving Pakistan a day before the elections but I would vote for him if I could
    He seems like a good guy but why is he running as an independent? Independents aren't going to make any real difference nationality. Was in PTI and why did he leave?

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He seems like a good guy but why is he running as an independent? Independents aren't going to make any real difference nationality. Was in PTI and why did he leave?
    This is why

https://lubpak.com/archives/263315

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jibran Nasir suffers from good intentions but bad judgments. No matter how good and pious your case might be you can't bring a change by neglecting to understand or respect the nature of the society you live in. There are many ways to improve the society without getting yourself in trouble. For the start i would leave the religious elements untouched and most importantly avoid crossing paths with them as much as possible and gain the trust of population with other humanitarian work. There are many things needing fixing. Only after years of humanitarian work and trust of the local population would I start raising calculated question marks on religious fanaticsm.

With people like him I don't get what their true intentions are. Either they are completely naive and delusional or they want international publicity and pity. It is a given thing that if you want quick and guaranteed international attention you throw dirt at the religious elements in Pakistan. Though thats also the quickest way to get burnt.

The literacy rate of the country is 58% with a lot of blind following. Under such circumstances expecting people to listen to your arguments with patience and in an objective manner while having the ability to develop their own opinion is delusional.

Molvis have mastered the art and rhetoric of emotional manipulation. It can't be undone by an aggressive and direct approach. You can't take the West's criteria for extremism and apply it to Pakistan because then nearly every citizen would turn out to be a extremist. I would take things step by step. Start by supporting minorites without having to directly attack sensitive issues like "khatme nabuwat".

Otherwise when you play with fire, you get burnt.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    Thanks , I stopped listening when he said 'PTI supports terrorism'. I take back what I said, seems like another liberal who has no understanding of reality or politics. Imran talks of a political solution which is the view of all renowned analysts in Afghanistan war which has spread to Pakistan. Hopefully he educates himself, realises his foolishness and returns to a party which understands the world a bit better than he does know.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks , I stopped listening when he said 'PTI supports terrorism'. I take back what I said, seems like another liberal who has no understanding of reality or politics. Imran talks of a political solution which is the view of all renowned analysts in Afghanistan war which has spread to Pakistan. Hopefully he educates himself, realises his foolishness and returns to a party which understands the world a bit better than he does know.
    As if liberals are the ones who have put Pakistan in the mess it is in right now. Religious extremism has destroyed this country and this man is the opposite of that

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Jibran Nasir suffers from good intentions but bad judgments. No matter how good and pious your case might be you can't bring a change by neglecting to understand or respect the nature of the society you live in. There are many ways to improve the society without getting yourself in trouble. For the start i would leave the religious elements untouched and most importantly avoid crossing paths with them as much as possible and gain the trust of population with other humanitarian work. There are many things needing fixing. Only after years of humanitarian work and trust of the local population would I start raising calculated question marks on religious fanaticsm.

With people like him I don't get what their true intentions are. Either they are completely naive and delusional or they want international publicity and pity. It is a given thing that if you want quick and guaranteed international attention you throw dirt at the religious elements in Pakistan. Though thats also the quickest way to get burnt.

The literacy rate of the country is 58% with a lot of blind following. Under such circumstances expecting people to listen to your arguments with patience and in an objective manner while having the ability to develop their own opinion is delusional.

Molvis have mastered the art and rhetoric of emotional manipulation. It can't be undone by an aggressive and direct approach. You can't take the West's criteria for extremism and apply it to Pakistan because then nearly every citizen would turn out to be a extremist. I would take things step by step. Start by supporting minorites without having to directly attack sensitive issues like "khatme nabuwat".

Otherwise when you play with fire, you get burnt.
    Bro if you watched his facebook live, he never attacked the moulvis in his campaign. His biggest bewaqufi, if you ask me, is to walk in public & hold open Q&A sessions with every eera ghera (Now I am a big fan of this awami numainda approach but this is ideally suited where people are highly educated & genuinely want to see their country prosper) which slowly started getting hijacked by religious nutjobs.

Jibran would time & time gain refuse to answer & tell them to stay on the topics which were prevalent in the community were facing such as water & trash issues. They would then say Hum paani k beghair rehlenge aur kachra b hume kuch nhi kehta, ap ** hume ye btayein k qadiani kafir he aur ap ka maslak kia he. He would respectfully state his opinion. They in typical mullah mob fashion were not satisfied because he wasn't saying what they wanted him to say. This is where it all started.

It happened once, twice. The third time when it happened there was full fledged mob who whooped him good. Then some mullahs in the last friday prayers start telling the same half-baked truth that he is qadiani supporter & he attacks mullahs which provoked everybody & hence you see the recent clashes where even clerics are getting involved.

Yes the guy is well within his rights to respond to these Nutjob's badmashi now but he originally never touched the Mullah issue or attacked them in his street corner meetings & was infact was very respectful to the initial stooges & mobs who wanted to put words in his mouth. Inshallah, I will post his fb live links for your reference when i have time.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    Yeah this guy is a bit of a tunnel visioned numpty from the looks of it. He seems genuine and is trying to bring a chance so I appreciate that but his trite "liberal" talk is boring and of no interest to the country or its people.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is more of a social activist than a politician.I admire his ideals but I doubt he’ll be elected.Which is a pity
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 23rd July 2018 at 18:03.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As if liberals are the ones who have put Pakistan in the mess it is in right now. Religious extremism has destroyed this country and this man is the opposite of that
    2008-2013, PPP, ANP and MQM. Most liberal parties of our countries. Worst stage in our country.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyway Jibran Nasir should continue his struggle but if he wants to be a political figure he needs to address how he will tackle education, poverty and infrastructure needs.

Talking about human rights is all good but everyone knows that. We need implementers.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I never suggested this. I am saying they are clueless when it comes to politics and resolutions.

Many of the so called Pakistani liberals aren't actually liberal, they think they are just because they can throw the world 'Mullah' around in every other sentence. These same people are ok with innocent people being blown up from the sky because they are told it's war against religious extremism. A true liberal will defend every person, a clean shaven man who drinks alcohol or a man with a beard who prays 5 times a day. This is what Imran is not these wannabe celebs liberals who are wasting their own time as much as everyone elses.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It very disheartening to see that we are segregating Jibran Nasir in one thread while others are posting about their favourite candidates and parties on the main election thread. Still it’s better than nothing,

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    It very disheartening to see that we are segregating Jibran Nasir in one thread while others are posting about their favourite candidates and parties on the main election thread. Still it’s better than nothing,
    oh dear post there as well but major things should be discussed here.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 23rd July 2018 at 18:39.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True progressive voice in Pakistan, other parties whether PTI or N league they all in bed with extremists.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakCricket View Post
    True progressive voice in Pakistan, other parties whether PTI or N league they all in bed with extremists.
    Proof?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd vote for him 10 times over if I could. No other Pakistani has my utmost respect, and I sometimes feel he's too good for us. From Sharukh Jator to Rao Anwar to the army's wrong doings, he's always there.

His life is in danger though, I love that he's not cowering to the Ahemdi hate brigade but that puts a massive target on his back.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is one thing I Have learnt in life is never vote for a liberal.

Liberals are a cancer for society.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Musakhel View Post

Would you rather vote for Tehreek Labbaik?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got to laugh at some PPer here who are promoting him to be best thing since slice bread.... seriously deluded folks. Wake up, he's a complete non entity. So the PTM drama didn't work, so now let's try another tack and promote this social media drama baaz/agent provocateur....

As I said in another thread, he is playing to the western galleries, vying for the position left vacant by Asma Jahangir.

On top, he's a Marxist. No thanks, the ideology hasn't worked anywhere. Sounds great in theory but not in practice.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    You got to laugh at some PPer here who are promoting him to be best thing since slice bread.... seriously deluded folks. Wake up, he's a complete non entity. So the PTM drama didn't work, so now let's try another tack and promote this social media drama baaz/agent provocateur....

As I said in another thread, he is playing to the western galleries, vying for the position left vacant by Asma Jahangir.

On top, he's a Marxist. No thanks, the ideology hasn't worked anywhere. Sounds great in theory but not in practice.
    So you’d rather support people like Shahrukh Jatoi?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did he say he is a Marxist?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did he say he is a Marxist?
    Flag is bit of a give away.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you’d rather support people like Shahrukh Jatoi?
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flag is bit of a give away.

You mean this one? Please explain how this is a ''Marxist'' flag?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not a marxist. That marxist guy is Taimur Hassan of Laal band who also happens to endorse jibran nasir. They both are close friends but have different ideologies.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whose flag is sea of red with a star? I am pretty sure I have seen his picture/name alongside that flag

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to have confused jibran with Laal.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whose flag is sea of red with a star? I am pretty sure I have seen his picture/name alongside that flag
    Awami Workers Party (AWP - the party I support).

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?
    Well if you don’t support the man who fights for justice then you might as well support those who abuse it.
    Last edited by Angrez Pakistani; 23rd July 2018 at 19:59.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you don’t support the man who fights for justice then you might as well support those who abuse it.
    That's the options on the table are they?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the options on the table are they?
    Well you can vote for whoever you want but don’t trash talk Jibran Nasir because he’s probably done more for the society than most of us can claim.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you rather vote for Tehreek Labbaik?
    Yh why not is that rizvi party?, my first choice would be Pti, than Rizvis party.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why?
    They give females too much freedom and protection.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you can vote for whoever you want but donÂ’t trash talk Jibran Nasir because heÂ’s probably done more for the society than most of us can claim.
    There you go again ... elevating him for no good reason whatsoever. Do you even understand what you are saying.

We know how this works... 10-15 of you get together, start ramping him up as messiah on boards and social media ... aided and abetted by biased media who have vested interest in trying to build up someone else as the new face that is more "perfect" than IK....

Where was he when MQM was holding his own city to randsom with murder and terror on an unimaginable industrial scale. Did I see him taking rallies out or interfering with MQM public officials at that time to get some cheap publicity?

In good times, talk is cheap and that's what he is doing. Trying to ride the coat tails of IK.

As I said he is playing to western galleries, telling them what they want to hear. The same old crap just a different tack and face to it. He probably still subscribes to the view that all roads to Islamabad go via Washington.

He is and always will be a non entity, hopefully the people of Karachi will see through his ** propoganda.
    Last edited by Eagle_Eye; 23rd July 2018 at 23:40.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go again ... elevating him for no good reason whatsoever. Do you even understand what you are saying.

We know how this works... 10-15 of you get together, start ramping him up as messiah on boards and social media ... aided and abetted by biased media who have vested interest in trying to build up someone else as the new face that is more "perfect" than IK....

Where was he when MQM was holding his own city to randsom with murder and terror on an unimaginable industrial scale. Did I see him taking rallies out or interfering with MQM public officials at that time to get some cheap publicity?

In good times, talk is cheap and that's what he is doing. Trying to ride the coat tails of IK.

As I said he is playing to western galleries, telling them what they want to hear. The same old crap just a different tack and face to it. He probably still subscribes to the view that all roads to Islamabad go via Washington.

He is and always will be a non entity, hopefully the people of Karachi will see through his ** propoganda.
    Stick to your conspiracy theories but in case you want to know the truth about his views on MQM and what he did against them than watch this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9AyiU257IU

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you wanna keep your misogynistic traditions? You disgust me.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yh why not is that rizvi party?, my first choice would be Pti, than Rizvis party.
    Oh Boy, How do you get from IK to Rizvi?

Who gives freedom to females? - BTW: Is that a bad thing??

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy is the future, give him some time and he will be the face of Karachi and fill the void left by MQM.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I never suggested this. I am saying they are clueless when it comes to politics and resolutions.

Many of the so called Pakistani liberals aren't actually liberal, they think they are just because they can throw the world 'Mullah' around in every other sentence. These same people are ok with innocent people being blown up from the sky because they are told it's war against religious extremism. A true liberal will defend every person, a clean shaven man who drinks alcohol or a man with a beard who prays 5 times a day. This is what Imran is not these wannabe celebs liberals who are wasting their own time as much as everyone elses.
    Yeah, Liberals are clueless but Mr IK and all conservatives are king of politics. His whole party is filled with same lotas who he himself said are epicenter of all things corruption. His stance of corruption is a joke, if you are part of my party, you are not corruption...Now he is in bed with same Army and Agencies he used to despise. After 20 years, he has compromised on everything he stood for, you are right, this is called Politics, that's exactly what NS was back in 1980s, he is NS of this time, who is ready to compromise anything to get to the Premiership

When it comes to law and order, What Army and their mouth pieces have solved in last 40 years?? - What Pakistan has achieved by continue to invest in religious extremism. Even a stupid person knows, I don't have to start a bomb factory in my house, which my kids live everyday. Pakistan Army has done exactly that, made Pakistan a terror producing factory, its not an export business(although that's what they sell to masses, we will win Kashmir and what not with this factory), mainly it has exploded inside the country. Now Army sells this law and order both internally and externally, and feed itself. There pitch is "I am the only one who can deal with these problems, you better keep me employed". You are hiring same criminal who created the mess in the first place. We talk about corrupt politicians are not going to curb corruption, but how can a Army with history messing up country's law and order, making it hub for extremist, will get rid of them?

They are the problem, not the solutions, keep giving them more power, you will get even worst results. We have yet to see any results in last 4 decades. But what the Liberals know, they are clueless, its better to through them out...That is what Army has been doing, by wiping out left, what are the results?? - You are getting more extremist and poor society, good luck with you master planner

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to make of him.

He is a provocateur and just adds nuisance value.

Actually know him for 7-8 years now and he has always been an attention-seeker and always tries to do things which make him a topic of discussion. Whole drama (don't mean it negatively but it created a scene) with the judge and then the police station didn't feel right to me.

Now I know that some of the topics he has breached up are ballsy so I will give him that but knowing his personality he might just be one who gets a kick out of it rather than it coming from a genuine place.

Finally. He is an independent from my constituency so I believe that as an independent he should have some focus on some local issues relevant to the constituency. So that in its own is very very naive electioneering strategy and why he is doomed to fail. Also I certainly think that he should have made more of a pitch for the provincial seat where I might actually vote for him

However it is true that he is certainly getting disproportionate media attention for a person who is unlikely to finish even top 3 in his constituency and it is a good thing that he is broaching topics which are taboo. My only problem is his method of approach which makes it more about him and his antics

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    This guy is the future, give him some time and he will be the face of Karachi and fill the void left by MQM.
    Lmaoo. Honestly I wouldn't mind though but lol at face of Karachi. He won't get more than a couple of thousand votes even in a dream scenario and it's primarily burgers of defence who will vote him. Also you can thank IK for actually getting these people interested in politics in the first place

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

1) Tbh he was in his early 20s and perhaps even a teenager when MQM was ravaging the city so it's not fair to expect him to have done anything at that point. So poor argument

2) I agree he plays to western galleries and is making quite a career of it. He has already done and booked speaking engagements at some western think tanks when for all intents amd purposes he is a nobody

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    @saeedhk is right though. JN is a leader of prime ministerial quality. He would be a hero in most other nations but in Pakistan we are fearing for his life.
    Lmao. Thanday hojao. Pakistanis and their hyperboles smh

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The funniest part for me was when with his 400 votes (maybe even less), Jibran Nasir stood for the people of Karachi against rigging in the then NA-250 as if he was the one who was cheated out of the seat

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you support a party that advocates violence against your own countrymen over their beliefs, a party that intends to run the country on chanda, whose leader is nothing but a glorified hate speaker over someone who fights for equal rights and social justice? Someone who uses their political platform to talk about the problems of this country rather than focus on who's a kafir and who isn't?

And liberals are supposed to be the cancer of society? What a joke.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Then they say liberals are the problem. These type of people make me sick.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you consider voting for extremists?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me get this straight. People don’t like Jibran Nasir because he plays for the Western gallery, the same people who love Imran Khan who basically played for the western galleries for his entire life, not that I have any problems with that. If helping people getting justice can only attract burger people to him, then I’d rather be a burger then a desi Arasto. A big LOL to those who think that leaders like Khadim Rizvis can get them anywhere, but hey it’s your vote you can do whatever you like with it. Sigh.