Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 133
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

    Overseas Pakistanis - Welcome back to Naya Pakistan

    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?


  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    528
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?

    Didnt you say you voted for him and you are going to give him a chance. So what's with the sarcastic thread?? What else do you want him to say

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmirilion View Post
    Didnt you say you voted for him and you are going to give him a chance. So what's with the sarcastic thread?? What else do you want him to say
    This thread is not about Imran. It is about the overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they are settled abroad because of the problems that Imran Khan is IA going to resolve, so I am hopeful that they will now swarm back to their homeland in numbers.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,898
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are one confused individual.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an idiotic thread

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This thread is not about Imran. It is about the overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they are settled abroad because of the problems that Imran Khan is IA going to resolve, so I am hopeful that they will now swarm back to their homeland in numbers.
    Has he already resolved them? And what about the fact that people living abroad may have forged relationships, friendships abroad and won't break them just for some misguided sense of patriotism spouted by a person going to the US in two months....

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,324
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?

    I would say that, like you, I think IK will fail to improve the economy. Time of course will reveal if we are right.

    It is not really "Naya Pakistan" as yet, it is "Naya Team Pakistan". The government is going to be a new government, and it remains to be seen how they perform on the field. Those rooting for PTI have got the team they wanted. Now the team has to play on the field and win.

    There are objective criteria to determine how the team fares. Currently Pakistan's per cap PPP GDP is $5,400 (2017), having grown from $5,100 (2015).

    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/pk.html

    Pakistan's state of modernization for its industries is best evaluated by looking at its exports:

    http://www.worldstopexports.com/****...op-10-exports/

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.34.50 PM.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  35.6 KB

    The "Naya Team Pakistan" now has 5 years to show us their performance. We can check back how the above numbers evolve over 5 years, that is July 26, 2023.

    Good luck, and see you in 5 years
    Last edited by Napa; 26th July 2018 at 13:56.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,911
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guys is on my ignore list but i couldn't help but be drawn to the title thread.

    As British Pakistany with non Pakistany wife and kids born in the UK I will find it hard to move back to Pakistan in anytime soon, if at all.

    However, the frequency of my visits to Karachi (where I was born) will increase and my donations to a foundation set up by my own family to successfully build schools for the poor, in the poorer and more remote areas of Pakistan, will continue.

    One day I hope to spend enough time there so that I can join my cousins in attending these schools to teach a topic, whether it be English, Maths or any other subject...

    To the starter of this thread, you should be bowing your head in shame.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Has he already resolved them? And what about the fact that people living abroad may have forged relationships, friendships abroad and won't break them just for some misguided sense of patriotism spouted by a person going to the US in two months....
    And will be back permanently next year, who has lived his entire life in Pakistan and will live his entire life in Pakistan.

    What do you mean by “has he resolved them?”

    Are overseas Pakistanis going to wait and see before deciding if Naya Pakistan are worth coming back?

    Why not join us now and strive to make Naya Pakistan work, because that is what we are going to do. We are going to work with honesty, dedication and diligence, because change will only come when people are willing to bring change.

    Imran Khan will not be able to do anything if people like us are not willing to play our part, or are overseas Pakistanis going to wait for us to do the hard work and make the country better for them before they decide to return to Pakistan?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    You are one confused individual.
    Where is the confusion? We were told that they are not willing to return to Pakistan because of corruption, nepotism, lack of law and order etc.

    Now that these issues will be resolved, what is stopping them?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I would say that, like you, I think IK will fail to improve the economy. Time of course will reveal if we are right.

    It is not really "Naya Pakistan" as yet, it is "Naya Team Pakistan". The government is going to be a new government, and it remains to be seen how they perform on the field. Those rooting for PTI have got the team they wanted. Now the team has to play on the field and win.

    There are objective criteria to determine how the team fares. Currently Pakistan's per cap PPP GDP is $5,400 (2017), having grown from $5,100 (2015).

    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/pk.html

    Pakistan's state of modernization for its industries is best evaluated by looking at its exports:

    http://www.worldstopexports.com/****...op-10-exports/

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.34.50 PM.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  35.6 KB

    The "Naya Team Pakistan" now has 5 years to show us their performance. We can check back how the above numbers evolve over 5 years, that is July 26, 2023.

    Good luck, and see you in 5 years
    I don’t know if he will fail or not, but the reason I voted for him in the end is because he deserves a chance; he has earned it.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good thread by Mamoon

    During the last 3-4 year i have been reading post from the overseas Pakistanis insulting the ones living in Pakistan for voting for Parties that they dont support.

    The locals have been called jahil and even said to be benefiting from the corrupts

    So now that their party has won, why not come back and live amongest us jahils


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    P.S. this thread is not about the overseas Pakistanis who have white family and didn’t claim that they are living in the West permanently because of the problems in Pakistan.

    There are quite a few posters here who claimed that they left Pakistan for good because of corruption, nepotism, lack of accountibility and lack of law and order. This thread is for them.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Good thread by Mamoon

    During the last 3-4 year i have been reading post from the overseas Pakistanis insulting the ones living in Pakistan for voting for Parties that they dont support.

    The locals have been called jahil and even said to be benefiting from the corrupts

    So now that their party has won, why not come back and live amongest us jahils
    They weren’t even able to vote, so what good is their support for? Why were the shouting for five years?

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    3,339
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually after his speech first time since I have been living abroad I felt like I want to go back to Pakistan for more than just visiting. I hope he is successful in his dream as I would like to be able to say I am a Pakistani without getting getting wierd looks as if I was a dangerous criminal. Everyone does not react like that but once in a while you get such a look and it hurts.


    "Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis settled abroad have three choices:

    (1) Join us now in working for Naya Pakistan. This country needs people of caliber and professionals who will work with honesty and dedication, because that is what we strive to do. You weren’t able to vote, so you have played zero part in this revolution. However, you can make up for it by playing a part in implementing the change.

    (2) Wait and see if Imran is up to any good, and this process of reforming the nation is going to take a very long time.

    Things will not happen overnight, but that is okay because there are people like us who will be working to make things better for them.

    (3) Sit abroad and do nothing, come up with new excuses because the old ones do not work anymore. You were not able to vote and you will not be playing any role in making things better, so what was the point of your moral support over the Internet?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistanis settled abroad have three choices:

    (1) Join us now in working for Naya Pakistan. This country needs people of caliber and professionals who will work with honesty and dedication, because that is what we strive to do. You weren’t able to vote, so you have played zero part in this revolution. However, you can make up for it by playing a part in implementing the change.

    (2) Wait and see if Imran is up to any good, and this process of reforming the nation is going to take a very long time.

    Things will not happen overnight, but that is okay because there are people like us who will be working to make things better for them.

    (3) Sit abroad and do nothing, come up with new excuses because the old ones do not work anymore. You were not able to vote and you will not be playing any role in making things better, so what was the point of your moral support over the Internet?
    4) sit abroad and insult those who voted for the parties they dont support


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    2,167
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amazingly intellectual thread wow.

    Yes, I also hope rich/entrepreneurial overseas Pakistanis like Hussain/Hassan Sharif and Ishaq Dar go back helping the country. They're dully needed indeed.

    Also keep in mind not overseas Pak are as rich as the honest gentlemen mentioned here, but at least they supported PTI what they think would be good for Pak future, while others stay away from the country but support leeches for their own subjective petty reasons.

    #BatForNayaMamoon

    @Napa if Pakistan exports burnol to India I think that after Imran Khan's victory you'll make it into a trillion deal sooner than latter.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I've lived my entire life in the UK and was born there, have no desire to settle in Pakistan. My loyalties / attachment are with my family over here, the people of Birmingham and the rest of Great Britain.

    Congratulations to all Pakistanis though, am hoping many of you folk will not be compelled to seek a life beyond Pakistan now that you have a PM that provides more hope compared to alternatives moving forward.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Not an overseas Pakistani, I am - as is well known - a native Brit, but I don't see why ex-pats should be expected to just up sticks and move back. As if it was that easy. When you start a new life somewhere else, you change with your environment, not always that simple to roll everything back and go to Pakistan.

    Of course there will be some who will drop everything, assuming they don't have family who are entrenched in their new countries, but the real hope should be that Pakistan eventually becomes a country where the brighter citizens can achieve their ambitions without moving abroad. It won't happen overnight, but as Imran has shown with his nurturing of his political party from nothing to ultimate triumph, everything can be achieved with determination and patience.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Good thread by Mamoon

    During the last 3-4 year i have been reading post from the overseas Pakistanis insulting the ones living in Pakistan for voting for Parties that they dont support.

    The locals have been called jahil and even said to be benefiting from the corrupts

    So now that their party has won, why not come back and live amongest us jahils
    Yes, people like me who benefit from corruption and vacation in Europe on public money also voted for PTI in the end, so we have sacrificed our lifestyle for the betterment of the country, and have even exposed ourselves to accountability because if there is a crackdown on corruption, people like me will be in jail.

    If we are pardoned, we will be working for Naya Pakistan with utmost honesty and dedication.

    So we have played our part.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,045
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am back in 2 years in shallah.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I've lived my entire life in the UK and was born there, have no desire to settle in Pakistan. My loyalties / attachment are with my family over here, the people of Birmingham and the rest of Great Britain.

    Congratulations to all Pakistanis though, am hoping many of you folk will not be compelled to seek a life beyond Pakistan now that you have a PM that provides more hope compared to alternatives moving forward.
    This thread isn’t directed at people like you. If I am not wrong, one half of your family isn’t even Pakistani.

    I think it is wonderful to see that people like you have taken a keen interest in the betterment of Pakistan when you don’t have any vested interests, but some of our friends here were adamant that they left Pakistan for good because of the problems here, problems that we can solve together under the leadership of Imran Khan.

    I wonder what is stopping them now?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    I am back in 2 years in shallah.
    I am proud of you, and I hope you will be able to convince some of our friends here as well.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,799
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Overseas Pakistanis are the sole reason why Pakistani Rupia is still in the market.

    You know sending billions of dollars back home every month: meanwhile corrupt govs kept on printing and moving money to overseas the irony

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    P.S. this thread is not about the overseas Pakistanis who have white family and didn’t claim that they are living in the West permanently because of the problems in Pakistan.

    There are quite a few posters here who claimed that they left Pakistan for good because of corruption, nepotism, lack of accountibility and lack of law and order. This thread is for them.
    That's fair but it seems to me it's all personal, ideally wouldn't you want those overseas fellas who left to come back and help facilitate change ? am not getting the impression of a heartwarming / genuine welcome to be honest it's more of a 'in your face, haha' type thread which will only add more fuel to the fire, in a time like this I'd have thought you'd want to bring people together and also celebrate the prospect of change in this moment but you've never been IK's biggest fan I suppose.
    Last edited by shaz619; 26th July 2018 at 14:47.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    Amazingly intellectual thread wow.

    Yes, I also hope rich/entrepreneurial overseas Pakistanis like Hussain/Hassan Sharif and Ishaq Dar go back helping the country. They're dully needed indeed.

    Also keep in mind not overseas Pak are as rich as the honest gentlemen mentioned here, but at least they supported PTI what they think would be good for Pak future, while others stay away from the country but support leeches for their own subjective petty reasons.

    #BatForNayaMamoon

    @Napa if Pakistan exports burnol to India I think that after Imran Khan's victory you'll make it into a trillion deal sooner than latter.
    Who is talking about the likes of Ishaq Dar? I am specifically talking about the overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they are settled abroad because of the corruption, nepotism and lack of law & order and lack of merit in Pakistan.

    Now that we finally have a government that will work to improve these fronts instead of filling their pockets, what is stopping them?

    As I said, true change will only take place when people change. I welcome them to join us in working towards a better Pakistan because posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, PakPassion and hashtags etc. will not make Pakistan better.

    We the people will inshAllah make a new Pakistan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    That's fair but it seems to me it's all personal, ideally wouldn't you want those overseas fellas who left to come back and help facilitate change ? am not getting the impression of a heartwarming / genuine welcome to be honest it's more of a 'in your face, haha' type thread which will only add more fuel to the fire, in a time like this I'd have thought you'd want to bring people together and also celebrate the prospect of change in this moment but you've never been IK's biggest fan I suppose.
    I don’t know if Imran will live up to his promise, but I took a u-turn because of two main reasons: (1) he deserves a chance to prove himself (2) change will only happen if we the people strive for it.

    Therefore, I implore all overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they left Pakistan because of so and so problems to come back and help us eradicate these problems.

    You weren’t able to vote so had zero role in bringing this new government, so at least join us now and help make Pakistan a better country for the future.

    Be a part of our history because if we manage to succeed, history will remember this era when the people of Pakistan helped changed the fate of this nation and left a better, prosperous Pakistan for future generations.

    History will not remember the overseas Pakistanis, their zero votes and their social media posts and hashtags.

    Be a part of change. Come back to Pakistan.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Not an overseas Pakistani, I am - as is well known - a native Brit, but I don't see why ex-pats should be expected to just up sticks and move back. As if it was that easy. When you start a new life somewhere else, you change with your environment, not always that simple to roll everything back and go to Pakistan.

    Of course there will be some who will drop everything, assuming they don't have family who are entrenched in their new countries, but the real hope should be that Pakistan eventually becomes a country where the brighter citizens can achieve their ambitions without moving abroad. It won't happen overnight, but as Imran has shown with his nurturing of his political party from nothing to ultimate triumph, everything can be achieved with determination and patience.
    You're not Pakistani? What?

  30. #30
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,977
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats Pakistan.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    One of Pakistan’s biggest issue is brain drain. If you go to any top institute in the country in any field, majority of the best students are adamant that they will settle abroad because they will get better value for their expertise and will live a much better life in terms of standard of living.

    What’s left behind are mediocre professionals who do not have the same caliber as the ones who left the country. Hence, if high achievers stay back, it will be a big boost for the nation.

    I am actually contemplating joining the civil service if I manage to pass the CSS exam, because it is the heartbeat of the country, and corruption in civil service has hurt this country a lot.

    If we manage to end corruption in civil service, we can change the fate of this country. I can make positive contributions in my field of medicine as well, by ensuring that I don’t exploit the poor and help them as much as I can, but I think I can make a bigger impact in civil service so I hope I am successful in my ambition.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This thread isn’t directed at people like you. If I am not wrong, one half of your family isn’t even Pakistani.

    I think it is wonderful to see that people like you have taken a keen interest in the betterment of Pakistan when you don’t have any vested interests, but some of our friends here were adamant that they left Pakistan for good because of the problems here, problems that we can solve together under the leadership of Imran Khan.

    I wonder what is stopping them now?
    Yeah you are right, naturally will have an interest given how my moms side are attached with Pakistan. Always tend to encourage support in that part of the world compared to other places and you may not see it but even Brits tend to help out quiet a bit, Amir Khan is an easy example to use because of his profile. With Imran at the helm I expect even more help and support because people believe in him more then past leaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don’t know if Imran will live up to his promise, but I took a u-turn because of two main reasons: (1) he deserves a chance to prove himself (2) change will only happen if we the people strive for it.

    Therefore, I implore all overseas Pakistanis who claimed that they left Pakistan because of so and so problems to come back and help us eradicate these problems.

    You weren’t able to vote so had zero role in bringing this new government, so at least join us now and help make Pakistan a better country for the future.

    Be a part of our history because if we manage to succeed, history will remember this era when the people of Pakistan helped changed the fate of this nation and left a better, prosperous Pakistan for future generations.

    History will not remember the overseas Pakistanis, their zero votes and their social media posts and hashtags.

    Be a part of change. Come back to Pakistan.
    Can't disagree there, do think those overseas Pakistanis should put their money where their mouth is but like change a move in itself wont happen overnight unless they are in a decent financial position and have little family obligations.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    316
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I am born in UK so I will most likely stay here. However i can still contribute to Pakistan's economy by regularly visiting the country which I do atleast once a year. As I am currently still studying I don't think it is possible for me to move to Pakistan, however IA if imran khan fulfils his promises and Pakistan becomes a great nation then I shall consider moving to Pakistan when I finish my studies. Till then I will try my best to come as often as I can to Pakistan and spend money there in order to contribute in some way to this naya Pakistan.

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    You're not Pakistani? What?
    I do technically have dual nationality, it was something my parents arranged even though I could care less having been born and brought up British. But I think British, act British and to all intents and purposes am British. That said, Pakistanis and British share many traits, including huge belief in our own self-importance so the dual nationality does fit quite well in spirit at least.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    906
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I would say that, like you, I think IK will fail to improve the economy. Time of course will reveal if we are right.

    It is not really "Naya Pakistan" as yet, it is "Naya Team Pakistan". The government is going to be a new government, and it remains to be seen how they perform on the field. Those rooting for PTI have got the team they wanted. Now the team has to play on the field and win.

    There are objective criteria to determine how the team fares. Currently Pakistan's per cap PPP GDP is $5,400 (2017), having grown from $5,100 (2015).

    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/pk.html

    Pakistan's state of modernization for its industries is best evaluated by looking at its exports:

    http://www.worldstopexports.com/****...op-10-exports/

    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.34.50 PM.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  35.6 KB

    The "Naya Team Pakistan" now has 5 years to show us their performance. We can check back how the above numbers evolve over 5 years, that is July 26, 2023.

    Good luck, and see you in 5 years
    Didn't i told you that you know nothing about Pakistan and your botched attempt of copying and pasting without understand why the economy is weak make you look immature?

    Just because you copied and posted GDP and etc does not make you look smart.

    Stop pretending, you are started to look like Reham Khan of Pakpassion.

    You do not understand why Pakistan's economy is suffering.

    You are embarrassing yourself.

    Seriously, it is a sincere request for your own reputation on PP unless you want to be seen as Reham Khan.

    But since you want the attention I will entertain you a bit so you can feel satisfied.

    No 3rd world country has ever come out of poverty by not making their institution independent, strong and efficient and leaders corrupt free.

    I am posting couple of videos to give you clear example for you to understand why you are wrong, you have no idea what are you talking about and your botched attempt of copying and pasting is waste of time and you are embarrassing yourself. And one company within a year was able to generate income of 400 corore within one year under the presidency of Shaukat Aziz.

    Watch it so you can stop speaking like a parrot, it is bit long but since you have time to google perceived facts to suit your thinking then you must have some time to watch the video. ENJOY




  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    906
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    One of Pakistan’s biggest issue is brain drain. If you go to any top institute in the country in any field, majority of the best students are adamant that they will settle abroad because they will get better value for their expertise and will live a much better life in terms of standard of living.

    What’s left behind are mediocre professionals who do not have the same caliber as the ones who left the country. Hence, if high achievers stay back, it will be a big boost for the nation.

    I am actually contemplating joining the civil service if I manage to pass the CSS exam, because it is the heartbeat of the country, and corruption in civil service has hurt this country a lot.

    If we manage to end corruption in civil service, we can change the fate of this country. I can make positive contributions in my field of medicine as well, by ensuring that I don’t exploit the poor and help them as much as I can, but I think I can make a bigger impact in civil service so I hope I am successful in my ambition.
    In Sha' Allah you will be.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I do technically have dual nationality, it was something my parents arranged even though I could care less having been born and brought up British. But I think British, act British and to all intents and purposes am British. That said, Pakistanis and British share many traits, including huge belief in our own self-importance so the dual nationality does fit quite well in spirit at least.
    so basically your try to run away from your Pakistani Heritage.


    Anyways, you could give up your dual nationality any time if you dont care for it.

    If you still hold it, that makes you Pakistani aswell


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,405
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be lovey-dovey relationship like NRIs have with Modi. Hopefully, PRIs (pakistani nationals lives abroad) will do lots investment back to Pakistan, like NRIs has done post Modi.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,708
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never going back. I don't associate myself with Pakistan anymore.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  40. #40
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,077
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would love to go to Pakistan and even one day live there. But I dont see it happening in the near future. I have been born and raised in the US, lived here for all 20 years. Studied in our relatively poor education system. So it's really not feasible to go back to Pakistan ATM. I have much more opportunities over here in America.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    349
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    so basically your try to run away from your Pakistani Heritage.


    Anyways, you could give up your dual nationality any time if you dont care for it.

    If you still hold it, that makes you Pakistani aswell
    He's not a Pakistani though. He is as he says British.

    Same with me. I'm not a pakistani but a brit. That doesn't mean I don't respect my pakistani roots though. But having pakistani roots doesn't make you a pakistani. If we started using that logic then the world would become a very confused place.

    For example obama would be kenyan, paul pogba would be African and white Americans would be British. And if you go back far enough every single person would be Asian/African as that's where humanity originated from.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,657
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a ridiculous thread but any how its impractical to expect people to start moving back to Pakistan just because Imran Khan has become PM.

    There are small things people can do like start considering making investments in Pakistan, if someone has lost their job maybe consider applying in Pakistan and seeing the possibilities.

    Secondly, overseas Pakistanis who are making money abroad may be helping and improving lives of their families as their salaries wud be much higher than what they are in Pakistan. So while they are not in Pakistan they are making a positive difference in Pakistan. There are overseas Pakistanis who own businesses and employ many Pakistani's abroad who are able to send back money to Pakistan. You can't make such sudden decisions based upon Imran Khans victory.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  43. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,072
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dont understand what you're trying to say, but...

    in regards to pm-in-waiting's comment: a couple of friends and I in North America have been flirting with the idea of investing in Pakistan. Now I am excited more than ever of this prospect, looking forward to investing in Pakistan and playing my part in Naya Pakistan!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkb101277867 View Post
    He's not a Pakistani though. He is as he says British.

    Same with me. I'm not a pakistani but a brit. That doesn't mean I don't respect my pakistani roots though. But having pakistani roots doesn't make you a pakistani. If we started using that logic then the world would become a very confused place.

    For example obama would be kenyan, paul pogba would be African and white Americans would be British. And if you go back far enough every single person would be Asian/African as that's where humanity originated from.
    bro read his post

    He said he could care less about his dual nationality as he is fully british

    he does not consider himself to be an overseas Pakistan.

    Thats well and good, only if he gives up his dual nationality.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,757
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We were told by overseas Pakistanis, i.e. those who have been settled abroad permanently, that they (or their parents) left Pakistan for good because of corruption, lack of accountability, lack of merit and no law & order.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?

    Will I be wrong in expecting that all international flights to Pakistan from all over the world will booked for the entire year, with Pakistani expatriates making a beeline for the 10 million jobs in the first year?

    People left to make a better life for themselves and their family, seeking better education and better employment. Many of these who left Pakistan in the 60's,70's have made a better life and have returned to Pakistan already or spend time living in both nations.

    Once things improve you will see many overseas Pakistanis including those who are not citizens of Pakistan but have a Pakistani background looking to visit more often and invest if the opportunity makes sense.

    For those like myself who have lived in the UK all their lives, it wont be easy to move when all your family and friends are here but there will also be some who will move back. Personal circumstances and the improvement of Pakistan will dictate if people move or not.

    If Pakistan was to be like the UK with free education, free healthcare, good law and order, employment opportunities many would settle.

    I've booked my ticket to visit in a few weeks, excited to set foot in Pakistan now the corrupt leaders have gone.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    1,238
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    One of Pakistan’s biggest issue is brain drain. If you go to any top institute in the country in any field, majority of the best students are adamant that they will settle abroad because they will get better value for their expertise and will live a much better life in terms of standard of living.

    What’s left behind are mediocre professionals who do not have the same caliber as the ones who left the country. Hence, if high achievers stay back, it will be a big boost for the nation.

    I am actually contemplating joining the civil service if I manage to pass the CSS exam, because it is the heartbeat of the country, and corruption in civil service has hurt this country a lot.

    If we manage to end corruption in civil service, we can change the fate of this country. I can make positive contributions in my field of medicine as well, by ensuring that I don’t exploit the poor and help them as much as I can, but I think I can make a bigger impact in civil service so I hope I am successful in my ambition.
    Wish you all the best Mamoon and great to see you gave PTI chance after holding reservations about them for years.

    Many ignorant posters on here have called you Indian for speaking your mind on cricket matters (on which I usually agree with btw), but they owe you an apology because you've proven yourself to be more Pakistani than anyone else I've seen here.

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    so basically your try to run away from your Pakistani Heritage.


    Anyways, you could give up your dual nationality any time if you dont care for it.

    If you still hold it, that makes you Pakistani aswell
    If anybody asked between the two of us, who they thought tried to run away from their Pakistani heritage more, who do you think they would vote for? Hint: I don't think it would be me.

    No I am quite aware of my Pakistani heritage, and proud of it, that is why I never wavered on supporting a leader like Khan who I thought would set the right example. But heritage is one thing, current reality is I am a native Brit. Here I am just being honest, there is no duplicity here.

    I don't mind giving up my dual nationality, but as long as I feel Pakistanis are okay for me to share it, I am happy to keep it.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,256
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the great tragedy that encompasses Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis, especially these British Pakistanis seem to think they are superior to everyone in Pakistan and maintain a holier than thou attitude.

    They never were and never will be Pakistani. Which is why, like many others, I call them BBCDs, which is British Born Confused Desis and rightly so. They're in a state of limbo. The whites treat them as second class citizens and still call them immigrants and they themselves don't want to do anything with Pakistan until it comes to the lust for some masala and politics.

    Disclaimer... watch a few of these tell me they are equal citizens in the West. xD Absolutely hilarious.

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Wish you all the best Mamoon and great to see you gave PTI chance after holding reservations about them for years.

    Many ignorant posters on here have called you Indian for speaking your mind on cricket matters (on which I usually agree with btw), but they owe you an apology because you've proven yourself to be more Pakistani than anyone else I've seen here.
    I think if anything, Mamoon owes everyone an apology for slagging off Imran Khan relentlessly for the past five years and then doing a 180 degree turn if, as he claims, he ended up voting for him anyway. On his love for the Indian cricket team, I don't begrudge him that, everyone should be free to praise the team they admire.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,757
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    This is the great tragedy that encompasses Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis, especially these British Pakistanis seem to think they are superior to everyone in Pakistan and maintain a holier than thou attitude.

    They never were and never will be Pakistani. Which is why, like many others, I call them BBCDs, which is British Born Confused Desis and rightly so. They're in a state of limbo. The whites treat them as second class citizens and still call them immigrants and they themselves don't want to do anything with Pakistan until it comes to the lust for some masala and politics.

    Disclaimer... watch a few of these tell me they are equal citizens in the West. xD Absolutely hilarious.
    Who are you to tell anyone if they are Pakistani or not ? lol.


    Yes the whites see British Pakistanis as second class by electing a British Pakistani as mayor of London. lol

    Such a dumb post.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    If anybody asked between the two of us, who they thought tried to run away from their Pakistani heritage more, who do you think they would vote for? Hint: I don't think it would be me.

    No I am quite aware of my Pakistani heritage, and proud of it, that is why I never wavered on supporting a leader like Khan who I thought would set the right example. But heritage is one thing, current reality is I am a native Brit. Here I am just being honest, there is no duplicity here.

    I don't mind giving up my dual nationality, but as long as I feel Pakistanis are okay for me to share it, I am happy to keep it.
    Bro you said you care less about ur pakistani nationality.

    So surrender it. Simple as that.

    Its funny how the likes of u could go around trying to make yourself look as "one of them" and go around saying how you careless and are more british but still keep your dual nationality

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bro you said you care less about ur pakistani nationality.

    So surrender it. Simple as that.

    Its funny how the likes of u could go around trying to make yourself look as "one of them" and go around saying how you careless and are more british but still keep your dual nationality
    Bro, why would I surrender it when it's sitting here doing no one any harm? Do you want it? I don't know what you would want with two Pakistani nationalities in any case, but if you know someone who would make a worthy recipient I would consider donating it.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Everyone wants to be in a safe zone.

    Who knows if ever situation gets horrible in UK we could run back home for a country we careless about

  54. #54
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,077
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disappointed by the attitude I have seen by some Pakistanis. Yes, I am not born and raised over there but I still consider myself one of them. Though I must say that a lot of them are not inclusive and quite hostile.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,285
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Disappointed by the attitude I have seen by some Pakistanis. Yes, I am not born and raised over there but I still consider myself one of them. Though I must say that a lot of them are not inclusive and quite hostile.
    More welcoming and less condescending than expat Pakistanis towards “fobs” in general


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    More welcoming and less condescending than expat Pakistanis towards “fobs” in general
    And yet those expats would give up their dual nationality.

    The pakistanis they mock and dont want to be they would come eunning back to them if something goes wrong in the country where tehy are a minority

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,610
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us wait a few years before declaring Pakistan as the new New York or celebrating our human rights.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,501
    Mentioned
    1248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Who are you to tell anyone if they are Pakistani or not ? lol.


    Yes the whites see British Pakistanis as second class by electing a British Pakistani as mayor of London. lol

    Such a dumb post.
    It wasn't exactly the white British folks who elected he British Pakistani. Do you even know London demographics?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I think if anything, Mamoon owes everyone an apology for slagging off Imran Khan relentlessly for the past five years and then doing a 180 degree turn if, as he claims, he ended up voting for him anyway. On his love for the Indian cricket team, I don't begrudge him that, everyone should be free to praise the team they admire.
    My criticisms of Imran Khan still stand, but now I see merit in the argument that he deserves an opportunity. The worst that can happen is that nothing will change, but we should not forget that the real power is with the people, because we are the ones who will have to make the reforms work.

    I think people who accused me of benefiting from corruption are the ones who should be apologizing, but I forgive them anyway.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    906
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    My criticisms of Imran Khan still stand, but now I see merit in the argument that he deserves an opportunity. The worst that can happen is that nothing will change, but we should not forget that the real power is with the people, because we are the ones who will have to make the reforms work.

    I think people who accused me of benefiting from corruption are the ones who should be apologizing, but I forgive them anyway.
    That was one of the original argument from the beginning from his supporters, why it took you years to see merit in an argument which itself is an elementary argument?

    You are absolutely right about one thing, real Power is with the people and they have shown it this election.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,911
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    That was one of the original argument from the beginning from his supporters, why it took you years to see merit in an argument which itself is an elementary argument?

    You are absolutely right about one thing, real Power is with the people and they have shown it this election.
    I was literallly shouting this to him from one thread to another!!! Give the man a chance otherwise what sort of democracy do you believe in?!?!

  62. #62
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,077
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    More welcoming and less condescending than expat Pakistanis towards “fobs” in general
    That is quite a childish term mostly used by teenagers. I am not in favor of it.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    That was one of the original argument from the beginning from his supporters, why it took you years to see merit in an argument which itself is an elementary argument?

    You are absolutely right about one thing, real Power is with the people and they have shown it this election.
    The problem is that majority of his supporters had a very bad attitude and had a “you are either with him or against him” mentality.

    A lot of them have been surprisingly gracious in victory, but your average PTI supporter is someone (or used to be someone) with whom you cannot have a discussion.

    They were completely oblivious to his shortcomings and never acknowledged the mistakes that he and his party made, they blindly trusted PTI social media teams who often greatly exaggerated things.

    Your average PTI supporter never made a strong case to convince the skeptics to restore their faith in Imran and PTI.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    75,549
    Mentioned
    4886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Never going back. I don't associate myself with Pakistan anymore.
    This is much better than the hypocrites who claimed that they are not willing to go Pakistan because of so and so reasons. Who were they trying to fool? It appears that no one is willing to walk the talk now.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a fool would count his chicken before they hatch!

    Imran Khan becoming the Prime Minister isn't 'mission accomplished' it is 'mission started'. If the new Prime Minister can deliver then why not?

    #HopeNotOut

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    906
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The problem is that majority of his supporters had a very bad attitude and had a “you are either with him or against him” mentality.

    A lot of them have been surprisingly gracious in victory, but your average PTI supporter is someone (or used to be someone) with whom you cannot have a discussion.

    They were completely oblivious to his shortcomings and never acknowledged the mistakes that he and his party made, they blindly trusted PTI social media teams who often greatly exaggerated things.

    Your average PTI supporter never made a strong case to convince the skeptics to restore their faith in Imran and PTI.
    Personal perception, and it doesn't explain why it took you years to understand such an elementary concept of 'giving him a chance'? It has to do with merit that you, yourself have applied on "giving him a chance", especially by voting for him.
    Last edited by slipcatch; 26th July 2018 at 19:13.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    1,253
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    It wasn't exactly the white British folks who elected he British Pakistani. Do you even know London demographics?
    Hmm, do you?I do not like Sadiq Khan and neither did I vote for him, but for him to become Mayor significant number of white voters switched from Conservative to Labour as the analysis shows.

    was achieved by securing a strong swing from the Conservatives among white British voters in London, according to new analysis of YouGov’s final polls of the 2016 and 2012 London elections. This was combined with a continued lead for Labour in London from ethnic minority voters – but with a narrower share of non-white votes than in 2012.
    Labour achieved a 10% swing from the Conservatives among white London voters on the final count – and a 5.5% swing on first preferences. Goldsmith was unable to hold on to floating voters and Labour voters who had voted Boris Johnson for Mayor, nor to win as many transfers from the LibDems, Greens and other candidates as his party had achieved in 2012.
    https://www.britishfuture.org/articl...-white-voters/

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,327
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If IK walks the talk aggressively and delivers on his promises and if the economic conditions, law and order, security improves in Pakistan dramatically, I can assure you that a sizeable number of Overseas Pakistani's will consider moving back to their homeland

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,327
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    One of Pakistan’s biggest issue is brain drain. If you go to any top institute in the country in any field, majority of the best students are adamant that they will settle abroad because they will get better value for their expertise and will live a much better life in terms of standard of living.

    What’s left behind are mediocre professionals who do not have the same caliber as the ones who left the country. Hence, if high achievers stay back, it will be a big boost for the nation.

    I am actually contemplating joining the civil service if I manage to pass the CSS exam, because it is the heartbeat of the country, and corruption in civil service has hurt this country a lot.

    If we manage to end corruption in civil service, we can change the fate of this country. I can make positive contributions in my field of medicine as well, by ensuring that I don’t exploit the poor and help them as much as I can, but I think I can make a bigger impact in civil service so I hope I am successful in my ambition.
    Major Reason for Brain Drain are bad law and order situation, security, inflation and earning a Salary in PKR is not enough now compared to 10-20 years ago.

  70. #70
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,952
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    More welcoming and less condescending than expat Pakistanis towards “fobs” in general
    FOB is not a term used by expats in my opinion, it will be the ABCDs/BBCDs who use it. An expat is himself usually a FOB (although not always).


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,285
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    FOB is not a term used by expats in my opinion, it will be the ABCDs/BBCDs who use it. An expat is himself usually a FOB (although not always).
    Yes I was talking about the former. Not people who recently moved abroad


    "Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

  72. #72
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    34,240
    Mentioned
    2572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    My mom was raised in Saudi, dad in Dubai, although both were born in Karachi and have visited Pakistan regularly, almost every summer. Once my parents got married, they moved to Pakistan in 1994 and lived there for 6 years. I was born in '99 so I was Alhamdulillah born there and lived a year there too. Because my parents weren't raised in Pakistan, it was a difficult time for my dad in those 6 years - both in terms of getting a job and more importantly, in terms of health.

    We applied to come to Canada without much interest, and luckily (a total fluke ), it got accepted. Since 2000 I've been living here and gradually (it took 10+ years), my dad's job situation is finally decent and we are living a decent life now with not much to worry about in terms of health. Of course education is a factor as well but we didn't get it as much importance back in 2000. I have 3-4 years left to study, whereas my sister is all done.

    In 2008, when we still were not as well settled, we wrapped everything up and went back to Pakistan with the intention to settle there. Unfortunately, my dad could not find a job and forcefully we had to come back.

    However, it is now 2018 and Naya Pakistan is in progress. Although we are now well settled and it will be tough to leave everything and move back now, it is not out of the equation. Once my education ends in 3-4 years, and once I figure out who I'm going to marry and whether she will be okay with going to Pakistan, it might be on. By then, Imran's first term will almost be over too. If everything aligns, and if my family is willing, there is a strong chance I'll move back.

    If it was purely my call, I definitely would right now. I realize I was not able to vote and deeply regret that. Huge kudos to all you that did.

    I hope to come back soon, and I hope to get buried in Pakistan. InshaAllah.

    Not a bad thread, and it should not be criticized. It is a valid question who everyone in my position should answer.

    Pakistan Zindabad.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,872
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What some of you guys fail to understand is there are many of us who aren't either all in Pak or abroad. Some of us have investments in Pak, visit every few months but spend time abroad as well.

    Anyway, Pakistanis don't need to move to Pakistan but now a lot will invest in Pakistan again which is good news.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,872
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    My mom was raised in Saudi, dad in Dubai, although both were born in Karachi and have visited Pakistan regularly, almost every summer. Once my parents got married, they moved to Pakistan in 1994 and lived there for 6 years. I was born in '99 so I was Alhamdulillah born there and lived a year there too. Because my parents weren't raised in Pakistan, it was a difficult time for my dad in those 6 years - both in terms of getting a job and more importantly, in terms of health.

    We applied to come to Canada without much interest, and luckily (a total fluke ), it got accepted. Since 2000 I've been living here and gradually (it took 10+ years), my dad's job situation is finally decent and we are living a decent life now with not much to worry about in terms of health. Of course education is a factor as well but we didn't get it as much importance back in 2000. I have 3-4 years left to study, whereas my sister is all done.

    In 2008, when we still were not as well settled, we wrapped everything up and went back to Pakistan with the intention to settle there. Unfortunately, my dad could not find a job and forcefully we had to come back.

    However, it is now 2018 and Naya Pakistan is in progress. Although we are now well settled and it will be tough to leave everything and move back now, it is not out of the equation. Once my education ends in 3-4 years, and once I figure out who I'm going to marry and whether she will be okay with going to Pakistan, it might be on. By then, Imran's first term will almost be over too. If everything aligns, and if my family is willing, there is a strong chance I'll move back.

    If it was purely my call, I definitely would right now. I realize I was not able to vote and deeply regret that. Huge kudos to all you that did.

    I hope to come back soon, and I hope to get buried in Pakistan. InshaAllah.

    Not a bad thread, and it should not be criticized. It is a valid question who everyone in my position should answer.

    Pakistan Zindabad.
    It is such a complex thing and also very personal. Really disappointing to hear Pakistanis bash overseas Pakistanis, claiming a sense of superiority.

    I am spent first 20 years of my life in Pakistan but I never have criticized overseas Pakistanis. I know how it is.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    More welcoming and less condescending than expat Pakistanis towards “fobs” in general
    That's a generalisation, personally have seen equally pathetic behaviour from both sides. Some of the posts in this thread vidicate this to, especially the point on how welcoming folk in Pakistan can be.
    Last edited by shaz619; 26th July 2018 at 20:15.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,902
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    @Major jumping on the PTI bandwaggon when you voted for the opposing party
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th July 2018 at 20:57.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,393
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    It is such a complex thing and also very personal. Really disappointing to hear Pakistanis bash overseas Pakistanis, claiming a sense of superiority.

    I am spent first 20 years of my life in Pakistan but I never have criticized overseas Pakistanis. I know how it is.
    Yes the reasons are complex and personal. And sometimes fate influences your life heavily.

    You never criticized overseas Pakistanis because you never saw anything worthy of criticism or you just don't want to be the "bad guy"?

    I don't live in a place with any noteworthy Pakistani community but I have observed on my visit back at the airports that overseas Pakistanis have an air of arrogance and a delusional sense of superiority towards an average Pakistani living in Pakistan. Especially those living in Europe and America and not necessarily the ones working in harsh conditions of middle eastern countries.

    At the end of the day I agree with our new Prime Minister: overseas Pakistanis can be a big asset for Pakistan, if managed properly.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,551
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Major jumping on the PTI bandwaggon when you voted for the opposing party
    its not about jumping on the bandwaggon.

    Its about supporting the leader that has been "elected"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th July 2018 at 20:57.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,898
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Where is the confusion? We were told that they are not willing to return to Pakistan because of corruption, nepotism, lack of law and order etc.

    Now that these issues will be resolved, what is stopping them?
    This is in your OP.

    However, now that the dawn of Naya Pakistan is upon us and all these issues will be resolved, will I be wrong in giving all of you a warm welcome back to Pakistan?
    "Will" being the operative word. IK isn't even PM yet but it didn't stop you from posting a sarcastic thread. It reeks of insincerity especially given your stance for the past few years and is usual just attention seeking.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,345
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some disturbing replies in this thread.

    Am sure Overseas Pakistanis care just as much about their country as Pakistanis.

    Than again, when Pakistanis first come overseas, they cry and howl that only they love Pakistan. Yet when they were there, they did nothing to help resolve the underlying issues.

    You give 1,000 Pakistanis the opportunity to live in the States or U.K and all of them would accept.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •